[PFS] Outpost II - 6-21 Tapestry's Toil (Inactive)

Game Master Neal B

Tapestry's Toil Maps


351 to 400 of 442 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Male LG Human (varisian) Paladin 8 humano| HP: 67/67 | AC: 23/25 (13 Tch, 23/25 Fl) | CMB: +12, CMD: 22 | F: +13, R: +9, W: +9/11vs spells | Init: +3 | Perc: -1, SM: +2 paladin lvl 8 | Speed 30ft | [/ooc] | Spells: 1st 2/2 Spells: 2nd 1/1 | [ooc]Active conditions: None.

im going to cast divine favour and longstrider and activate divine bond of his weapon

Dark Archive

male Half-Orc (mystic):Att:MW,cold iron Falchion+8(dmg2d4+6)orMW Heavy cross+6(1d10) |Int +1: Per: +6: AC:21('23' evil)Tch:12 FF:19| HP.44/45| |Fort+4/Ref+7/+8;spd:40ft
special:
touch of flame5/5(1d6+3),Channel 0/3(3d6),cinder dance,healing,fire nimbus 6/6
Shaman 6 CM:5/CMD:17| conditions: 1 negative lv: Barkskin: Heightened aware|protection fire|Bull's Str|protect evil

Before opening the door, Petrok take's out a scroll of Bull's strength, and cast it upon himself. Then uses his wand of protection from evil on erosten, and himself; finally drawing his falchion.

GM as the door opens, Eorsten should have 8 rounds of protect evil, Petrok 9 rounds , and 27 rounds of bull's strength.

Dark Archive

Veteran's Vault Maps | QFP2 - On Hostile Waters Maps

Petrok, your tagline is showing an AC of 21, and 23 against evil. We had made a post before last combat (I think), it looks like your character sheet was uploaded with Protection from Evil on. So the "19" you had is already including Protection from Evil. I think you're doubling up on that. Can you adjust that before we start this next bit?

Dark Archive

male Half-Orc (mystic):Att:MW,cold iron Falchion+8(dmg2d4+6)orMW Heavy cross+6(1d10) |Int +1: Per: +6: AC:21('23' evil)Tch:12 FF:19| HP.44/45| |Fort+4/Ref+7/+8;spd:40ft
special:
touch of flame5/5(1d6+3),Channel 0/3(3d6),cinder dance,healing,fire nimbus 6/6
Shaman 6 CM:5/CMD:17| conditions: 1 negative lv: Barkskin: Heightened aware|protection fire|Bull's Str|protect evil

GM sorry..yeah I haven't fixed that yet..u r correct..'21' vs evil I'll fix it now.. Sorry GM it's correct...+7 mithral chain-mail +1, +2 dex, +2 barkskin, +2 when evil attacks for total of '21' normal AC and '23' against evil..(very appropriate magic for my level..and not broken..hope there's not a problem? :) btw it all stacks, +7 armor bonus, +2 dex, +2 natural armor, +2 deflection (against evil opponents)

Dark Archive

Veteran's Vault Maps | QFP2 - On Hostile Waters Maps

my bad, i was assuming the deflection bonus from evil was calculated in your statblock's AC. It is not. My bad. Disregard my earlier post.

Dark Archive

Veteran's Vault Maps | QFP2 - On Hostile Waters Maps

Sounds like most people are buffed up. Who opens the door?

Sovereign Court

CN Dwarf Cleric 6 / Rogue 1

Not it! ooo.... unless I can do it with my whip!? That'd look cool.

Dark Archive

male Half-Orc (mystic):Att:MW,cold iron Falchion+8(dmg2d4+6)orMW Heavy cross+6(1d10) |Int +1: Per: +6: AC:21('23' evil)Tch:12 FF:19| HP.44/45| |Fort+4/Ref+7/+8;spd:40ft
special:
touch of flame5/5(1d6+3),Channel 0/3(3d6),cinder dance,healing,fire nimbus 6/6
Shaman 6 CM:5/CMD:17| conditions: 1 negative lv: Barkskin: Heightened aware|protection fire|Bull's Str|protect evil

Petrok will wait for one of the front liners to open it.

The Exchange

Race: Half-Orc | HP: 27/38| AC: 22 (14 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM: +8 vigilante / 5 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: 1 Neg Level[/ooc] Gender: [ooc]Male TN Half

Dark Claw looks around, sighs, and then studies the door:

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Assuming he isn't aware of any trap, he opens the door as stealthily as possible (just trying not to make a noise).

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Dark Archive

Veteran's Vault Maps | QFP2 - On Hostile Waters Maps

Initiatives:

Roni: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35
Petrok: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 2 + 4 = 17
Eorsten: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Elenial: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Barry: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Touchy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Dark Claw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
GM-CI: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
GM-DS: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16

As Dark Claw pushes the door open the party is met with quite the sight.

A proud duergar in gleaming armor stands next to a corpse in tattered clothing. The duergar narrows his eyes at the intrusion, and gestures toward the undead creature next to him. “This one warned me that you would come. His people are trapped, scattered across the realm like dead leaves. His hate for you was strong. I let him stay, to tell me more about this Pathfinder Society—this band of thieves and braggarts. Even after he blasphemed Droskar’s name, I kept him to remind me of your coming.”
In a sudden fit of violence, the stout priest shoves the zombie down the ramp. Helpless on the slippery surface, it falls prone and slides into the torrent of falling water. Ironwhip holds out his hand and grins menacingly, still clutching a scrap of torn cloth affixed to a stylish bronze pin.

Hard to miss, immediately in front of the door is a whirlwind of swords of force.

Initiatives- Bold may act:
Roni
GM-CI
Dark Claw 1 Negative Level | Protection from Evil
Elenial
Petrok -1HP | 1 Negative Level
GM-DS
Touchy
Eorsten -2HP | 1 Negative Level | 10 temp HP

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Pyrokineticist 8 | HP: 51/91 (0 L / 40 nl )| AC: 24 (15 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6 CMD: 22 | F: +14, R: +13, W: +4 | Init: +16+4 | Perc: +13, SM: +2| | burn 5/9, Buffer: 0 | Lucky Number: 1, Heightened Awareness: On. |

"Better not repeat what happened last time." Roni thinks to himself.
The air shimmers and crackles as he gathers some power and takes a couple of steps back. "Can anyone deal with those blade-looking things in the air?

Ready action: Blast the Duergar if it tries cast a spell.

If ready action activates:

Empowered Burning Fireblast, extended range: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23
VS touch AC. My allies provide cover, though, so +4 AC.
4d6 + 9 ⇒ (4, 2, 6, 1) + 9 = 22 x 1.5 =33 dmg
DC 20 ref save to avoid catching fire

Dark Archive

Veteran's Vault Maps | QFP2 - On Hostile Waters Maps

Roni, Eorsten, Dark Claw: Please see my post here in the Discussion Thread. The organizers of Outpost II are requesting that I report this game, and I need your info.

"You're all ready for a fight, are ye? It'll be easier fer ye t' jus' surrender. You'll live much longer as mah slaves, than mah enemies!" he taunts before attempting to cast a spell.

As he begins casting Roni unleashes an inferno on, aiming deftly around his allies and through the darting swords the circle of swords provide cover to attacks passing through it.

Concentration: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36

But despite supreme focus somehow still loses the spell. Because apparently Nat 20's don't mean anything for Concentration Checks

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 2 = 25
... the duergar shrugs off the remainder of the fire. Not "burning"

Initiatives- Bold may act:
Roni
GM-CI -33hp
Dark Claw 1 Negative Level | Protection from Evil
Elenial
Petrok -1HP | 1 Negative Level
GM-DS
Touchy
Eorsten -2HP | 1 Negative Level | 10 temp HP

Dark Archive

male Half-Orc (mystic):Att:MW,cold iron Falchion+8(dmg2d4+6)orMW Heavy cross+6(1d10) |Int +1: Per: +6: AC:21('23' evil)Tch:12 FF:19| HP.44/45| |Fort+4/Ref+7/+8;spd:40ft
special:
touch of flame5/5(1d6+3),Channel 0/3(3d6),cinder dance,healing,fire nimbus 6/6
Shaman 6 CM:5/CMD:17| conditions: 1 negative lv: Barkskin: Heightened aware|protection fire|Bull's Str|protect evil

Petrok begins the process of casting call lighting.
Takes a full round to cast. Eorsten please remember, I cast protect evil on u too..gives u +2 saves vs evil, +2 deflect AC bonus vs evil, and other benefits..

Sovereign Court

CN Dwarf Cleric 6 / Rogue 1

GM, which one is Ironwhip? They all have the same token.

And did they really pin down our arrival time that closely to have all these spells precast? (the enlarges especially). Or was that last encounter with guards, en route, right outside the door?

Edit: Oh, never mind! They don't all have the same token, the black bordered one is different. Will assume that's our boss guy! =)

Dark Archive

Veteran's Vault Maps | QFP2 - On Hostile Waters Maps

The one that made the speech (easy enough to assume is Ironwhip) is the one towards the center of the other side of the room, outlined in black. The other four outlined in the colors blue, red, orange, and green are his allies.

His allies are in the Monster Codex as "always Enlarged" before combat, which is their entire unedited statblock. Were this not the four player adjustment, they would have been normal sized duergar that would have needed to act to enlarge. However, due to plot/mechanical things (that I am willing to explain after the encounter is over): yes, they are able to time their prep accordingly.

This encounter has some... tactics. So bear with me here, and please keep in mind that I am not an adversarial-minded GM, but will play this character as written, and what I feel makes sense for them.

The Exchange

Race: Half-Orc | HP: 27/38| AC: 22 (14 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM: +8 vigilante / 5 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: 1 Neg Level[/ooc] Gender: [ooc]Male TN Half

Activates Animal Mask, move action to pull out bow, targeting the orange guy up front:

com short bow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 171d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Dark Archive

Veteran's Vault Maps | QFP2 - On Hostile Waters Maps

Dark Claw grows some long horns/teeth (depending on the creature on their Animal Mask) and takes a shot at the nearest duergar. His aim was true, but the arrow was knocked aside by one of the swirling blades. Cover

Elenial looks at Dark Claw almost disappointedly. "Let me show you how it's done!" she jibes as she draws her darkwood bow and takes aim at the same duergar.
Attack, PBS: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 1 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5
She gives Dark Claw a smug grin of satisfaction as her arrow makes contact with her target.

Directly behind Elenial, Petrok starts motioning to summon the power of nature.

Three of the duergar not orange move into better positioning while drawing their crossbows. The remaining orange duergar also draws his crossbow, glaring menacingly at Elenial.
Orange Attack, Elenial: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Damage: 2d8 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4

The green duergar, having had a clear line of sight earlier, yells, "Tha' blue one in th' back is the one that burned Droskar's Chosen!"
Which prefaces each of the three remaining duergar taking aim at Roni.
Attack, Blue: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Damage: 2d8 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7
Attack, Green: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Damage: 2d8 ⇒ (8, 1) = 9
Attack, Red: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Damage: 2d8 ⇒ (6, 8) = 14

However it is clear that none of the duergar are good archers, even before the cover of the swirling blades.

Initiatives- Bold may act:
Roni
GM-CI -33hp
Dark Claw 1 Negative Level | Prot. from Evil
Elenial
Petrok -1HP | 1 Negative Level
GM-DS orange -5hp
Touchy
Eorsten -2HP | 1 Negative Level | 10 temp HP | Prot. from Evil

Sovereign Court

CN Dwarf Cleric 6 / Rogue 1

GM, shooting a missile weapon while enlarged, does not use the large size for the ammo... it shrinks back to normal size as it leaves their possession and does its normal sized damage (its in the enlarge person spell description)

"I think they like you." He remarks, with a grin at Roni, his voice pitched loud enough to be heard by those inside. "Shame about their performance issues... I hear its common among those that look to Droskar for guidance. I feel sorry for the woman folk..."

"Though they'll always have Lord Touchy to turn to!"

He takes a step forward (not at all to be further away from the target of the duergar's ire) and calls out a prayer to Calistria, sending a dark malaise bursting out in all directions, sending seeds of doubt and fear into the duergar's minds... that somehow, what he says might be true!

5' step, then casting Bane... 50' burst should hit all the duergar. DC 18 Willpower negates.

He then pulls out his whip, and tries to look badass... which is rather difficult, towards anyone that knows him... but towards those that might not ... ?

Dangit, was all excited to use by ghost whip spell, and then realized I switched it out today! Bah! Not going to get much past these guys with their 'dwarf' bonuses and such.

Nuke Ironwhip from orbit Roni!

GM, was it possible to tell what spell Ironwhip failed to cast?
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 If so

Dark Archive

Veteran's Vault Maps | QFP2 - On Hostile Waters Maps

Touchy:
Just running with an unedited statblock. First entry on page 50 of the Monster Codex, also reprinted in the scenario. I have not made any adjustments to the stats of their ranged weapons.

Will, Blue: 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 18
Will, Orange: 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 24
Will, Green: 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 12
Will, Red: 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 14
Will, Black: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 2 = 23

Green and Red are Bane'd

Seeing as you can Spellcraft to identify a spell before dispelling it, I'd say you can identify an interupted spell.

Touchy:

Initiatives- Bold may act:
Roni
GM-CI -33hp
Dark Claw 1 Negative Level | Prot. from Evil
Elenial
Petrok -1HP | 1 Negative Level
GM-DS orange -5hp | green -Bane | Red -Bane
Touchy
Eorsten -2HP | 1 Negative Level | 10 temp HP | Prot. from Evil

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human (varisian) Paladin 8 humano| HP: 67/67 | AC: 23/25 (13 Tch, 23/25 Fl) | CMB: +12, CMD: 22 | F: +13, R: +9, W: +9/11vs spells | Init: +3 | Perc: -1, SM: +2 paladin lvl 8 | Speed 30ft | [/ooc] | Spells: 1st 2/2 Spells: 2nd 1/1 | [ooc]Active conditions: None.

swift action smite evil on Black
standard action move 15 ft and attack orange if hits second attack on blue
adamantine greatsword+1/power attack/vital strike/cleave/flaming: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
damage: 4d6 + 15 + 1d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 4, 3) + 15 + (6) = 32
if cleave works: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
damage: 2d6 + 15 + 1d6 ⇒ (5, 2) + 15 + (5) = 27

Sovereign Court

CN Dwarf Cleric 6 / Rogue 1

You're walking into, and standing in, the blade barrier to do that Eorsten. Is that your intent?

Oh, wait, the barrier moved and shrunk on the map? Was that intended?

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Pyrokineticist 8 | HP: 51/91 (0 L / 40 nl )| AC: 24 (15 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6 CMD: 22 | F: +14, R: +13, W: +4 | Init: +16+4 | Perc: +13, SM: +2| | burn 5/9, Buffer: 0 | Lucky Number: 1, Heightened Awareness: On. |

I'd... Imagine the barrier moving was not intended?

"Hmm. There really is nothing quite like watching fools dig their own graves. Especially, when that fool is an arrogant Duergar who's too stupid to see what he's doing. We've humored you long enough. So how about you answer a question of mine? I want you to tell me what happened to the descendants of those who followed Prince Naldak, son of the last ruler of Jormurdun, King Gutheran?" The air around him shimmers and crackles as he gathers more power.
"And I want the truth, Duergar."

Another ready action, this time using empowered Eruption. If he attempts to cast a spell Before moving, aiming at the middle of green (hitting green, orange, Red and Black in the blast). If he takes a 5ft step, aiming where he was to catch green, red and black in tbe blast, and if he moves too much away, just hitting him with the blast.

Readied Empowered Eruption:

dmg, ref DC 19 half: 4d6 + 9 ⇒ (2, 3, 5, 6) + 9 = 25 x 1.5 = 37

After blasting: "That's right, come at me! Come straight at me, through my comrades, and focus your anger on me!"

Dark Archive

Veteran's Vault Maps | QFP2 - On Hostile Waters Maps

Yeah, that wasn't supposed to move. I'm assuming it was just an accident of trying to move a piece through it (as it is "above" most of the character pieces in order).

As Eorsten steps into, and back out of the storm of swords he is battered by the blades...

Eorsten Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Eorsten Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Ouch!
Damage: 12d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 5, 2, 4, 5, 3, 2, 3, 2, 6, 2) = 38
Damage: 12d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 6, 4, 1, 6, 2, 1, 1, 4, 4, 1) = 38

Eorsten slays the orange duergar but collapses as he passes back out of the whirling blades. I'll say the initial attack occurs as he's being battered by the blades. No cleave, but get the first strike in. Touchy's Aid saved his life. The Protection from Evil bump to saves is same as his +2 cloak (and another +2 wouldn't have made the saves).

Roni: Are you readying on spellcasting or movement? It sounds like ready to cast on spell-casting, and the mentions of movement are about where you aim the AoE effect. Is that correct?

Initiatives- Bold may act:
Roni clarifying?
GM-CI -33hp
Dark Claw 1 Negative Level | Prot. from Evil
Elenial
Petrok -1HP | 1 Negative Level
GM-DS orange -5hp | green -Bane | Red -Bane
Touchy
Eorsten -68HP (6hp below 0) | 1 Negative Level | Prot. from Evil

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Pyrokineticist 8 | HP: 51/91 (0 L / 40 nl )| AC: 24 (15 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6 CMD: 22 | F: +14, R: +13, W: +4 | Init: +16+4 | Perc: +13, SM: +2| | burn 5/9, Buffer: 0 | Lucky Number: 1, Heightened Awareness: On. |

Correct, readying on spellcasting. I just tried to clarify which enemies I expect to catch in the blast, depending on if he: first casts, or first 5ft steps and then casts, or first moves, then casts. In any case, trying to catch as many as possible in the blast.

Edit: And since I didn't move during my turn, taking a 5ft step as part of the ready if needed, in the event that he tries to get outside my field of view, though with an AoE blast, it probably isn't possible.

... Will Eorsten keep taking damage when he's in the blades? Or is it just on entry?

Dark Archive

Veteran's Vault Maps | QFP2 - On Hostile Waters Maps

Eorsten took the second bit of damage by stepping out of the blades to attack. So I'm ruling that he's collapsed just on the outside edge of the blades. He is the only one on that side of the blades, at the foot of a melee focused character, however...

The Duergar in gleaming armor glares at Roni with an evil smile. "Droskarra nagyszerű kovácsolást csináltál, ugye nem voltál ilyen káromló! Most el kell oltanom a lángokat!" None of you speak it, I checked.

He begins to cast as Roni calls down a column of inferno on the duergar.

Reflex, Black: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 = 16
Reflex, Green: 1d20 + 0 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 0 + 2 = 19
Reflex, Red: 1d20 + 0 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 0 + 2 = 13

The inferno brings one of the red duergar to its knees.

Concentration, DC 52: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17

"Sajnálom, hogy rajzolom az íromat." He says as he begins moving towards the party, while sinking into the ground, his shoulder moves through the wall as if it were nothing, but there is no trace of damage to the wall. He sinks completely into the ground while grinning evilly.
As he is out of sight entirely, I will be tracking his location elsewhere.

Initiatives- Bold may act:
Roni
GM-CI -70hp
Dark Claw 1 Negative Level | Prot. from Evil
Elenial
Petrok -1HP | 1 Negative Level
GM-DS green -18hp -Bane
Touchy
Eorsten -68HP (6hp below 0) | 1 Negative Level | Prot. from Evil

Liberty's Edge

Female CG Elf Ranger 7 / Wizard 1 | HP: 63/63 | AC: 21 (15 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 23 | F: +8, R: +11, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +22, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Color Spray 1/1; Reduce Person 1/1 | Active conditions: confused.

Elenial attempts to return an arrow at the duergar who just shot a bolt at her when she sees he collapses. She decides to go for the duergar with green eyes.

Bow vs. green, PBS: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 1 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3

Sovereign Court

CN Dwarf Cleric 6 / Rogue 1

Elenial is level 7. Does she not get an iterative attack?

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human (varisian) Paladin 8 humano| HP: 67/67 | AC: 23/25 (13 Tch, 23/25 Fl) | CMB: +12, CMD: 22 | F: +13, R: +9, W: +9/11vs spells | Init: +3 | Perc: -1, SM: +2 paladin lvl 8 | Speed 30ft | [/ooc] | Spells: 1st 2/2 Spells: 2nd 1/1 | [ooc]Active conditions: None.

i didnt see the blades, if i saw probably not move and use a ranged attack or use defensive spell

Dark Archive

male Half-Orc (mystic):Att:MW,cold iron Falchion+8(dmg2d4+6)orMW Heavy cross+6(1d10) |Int +1: Per: +6: AC:21('23' evil)Tch:12 FF:19| HP.44/45| |Fort+4/Ref+7/+8;spd:40ft
special:
touch of flame5/5(1d6+3),Channel 0/3(3d6),cinder dance,healing,fire nimbus 6/6
Shaman 6 CM:5/CMD:17| conditions: 1 negative lv: Barkskin: Heightened aware|protection fire|Bull's Str|protect evil

*tsk*! Petrok clicks upon seeing the dark dwarf caster meld into the stone. Petrok decides to try and dispel the wall of swords swarming in front of his group before figuring out where the duegar caster may have gotten off too. Petrok extracts a scroll of dispell magic {CL 6} and proceeds to cast it on the magical sword spell swirling before them.dispel: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
FYI GM my call lightning spell is still in effect.

Dark Archive

Veteran's Vault Maps | QFP2 - On Hostile Waters Maps

Eorsten: There were four posts prior to yours that indicated swords/blades of force whirling around by the entrance, they were also marked on the map. We will continue with things as is. You're in no immediate threat of death, as-is.

Dark Claw is still up!

The Exchange

Race: Half-Orc | HP: 27/38| AC: 22 (14 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM: +8 vigilante / 5 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: 1 Neg Level[/ooc] Gender: [ooc]Male TN Half

Dark claw watches the damage those blades do and decides discretion is the better part of valor.

Targeting Greenie:

comp short bow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 171d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Dark Archive

Veteran's Vault Maps | QFP2 - On Hostile Waters Maps

Dark Claw takes a steady shot at one of the remaining duergar, but his arrow is knocked aside by a twirling blade of force.

Elenial follows in kind, also missing her shot due to interference from the blades.

Petrok finishes casting his spell, and the low rumble of thunder rolls through the place, with audible crackles of electricity. Once he finishes reading from his scroll... the blades of force disappear!

The green duergar that has been getting shot at charges at Elenial going for a powerful blow, drawing its waraxe as it goes!
Attack, Charge, Power Attack, Bane: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 - 1 - 1 = 8
Damage: 2d8 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 6) + 4 + 3 = 15
... missing by a lot.

The remaining blue duergar draws his waraxe, steps towards Dark Claw, and swings!
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Damage: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2) + 4 = 7
... also swinging wide.

Initiatives- Bold may act:
Roni
GM-CI -70hp
Dark Claw 1 Negative Level | Prot. from Evil
Elenial
Petrok -1HP | 1 Negative Level
GM-DS green -18hp -Bane
Touchy
Eorsten -68HP (6hp below 0) | 1 Negative Level | Prot. from Evil

Sovereign Court

CN Dwarf Cleric 6 / Rogue 1

Touchy frowns as the barrier keeping the duergar at bay is dispelled, but it doesn't last long, before his usual grin creeps back onto his face.

"No better with the axes, it seems." He goads. "Fear not, your women will not bemoan your loss."

He lashes out with his whip at the nearer duergar, threatening Elenial.

OK, using whip vs green, and if it hits, using the conductive property to hit it with Dazing Touch... which will cause it to be well... dazed... for a round (no save) if it has 5 or less HD! Which will give Elenial more options.

+1 whip vs green: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22, for 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 damage plus dazed for 1 round (if HD <= 5).

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Pyrokineticist 8 | HP: 51/91 (0 L / 40 nl )| AC: 24 (15 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6 CMD: 22 | F: +14, R: +13, W: +4 | Init: +16+4 | Perc: +13, SM: +2| | burn 5/9, Buffer: 0 | Lucky Number: 1, Heightened Awareness: On. |

"Eorsten!" Roni shouts as he sees him fall to the blades. "No! You can't die. Not before I do!"

Taking a few steps closer to his allies, Roni looks at the blue Duergar straight into eyes. "We've come to liberate you... From your arms!"

Shatter as a spell like ability from Liberty's Edge journal, targeting Blue Duergar's weapon. DC 15 will save or the weapon is destroyed

Dark Archive

Veteran's Vault Maps | QFP2 - On Hostile Waters Maps

Touchy whips at the nearest duergar and leaves him with an even dumber expression on his face.

Stabilize DC10: 1d20 + 2 - 6 ⇒ (4) + 2 - 6 = 0
Eorsten continues to bleed out a little.

Will, Blue: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 2 = 24

The axe uh... exercises its 'strong will' and resists being shattered.

...

Initiatives- Bold may act:
Roni
GM-CI -70hp
Dark Claw 1 Negative Level | Prot. from Evil
Elenial
Petrok -1HP | 1 Negative Level
GM-DS green -21hp -Bane & Dazed(1rd)
Touchy
Eorsten -69HP (7hp below 0) | 1 Negative Level | Prot. from Evil


Dark Claw drops the bow and draws his kukri's from spring wrist sheaths:

MW CI Kukri: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 81d4 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Mithral Kukri: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 251d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Bite: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 211d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Gore: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 21d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Crit confirms:
Mithral Kukri: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 101d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Bite: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 161d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

If any of theses drops green, 5 ft step to finish on blue

Wow, what a perfectly average spread of d20 rolls

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human (varisian) Paladin 8 humano| HP: 67/67 | AC: 23/25 (13 Tch, 23/25 Fl) | CMB: +12, CMD: 22 | F: +13, R: +9, W: +9/11vs spells | Init: +3 | Perc: -1, SM: +2 paladin lvl 8 | Speed 30ft | [/ooc] | Spells: 1st 2/2 Spells: 2nd 1/1 | [ooc]Active conditions: None.

none can heal me a bit??

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Pyrokineticist 8 | HP: 51/91 (0 L / 40 nl )| AC: 24 (15 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6 CMD: 22 | F: +14, R: +13, W: +4 | Init: +16+4 | Perc: +13, SM: +2| | burn 5/9, Buffer: 0 | Lucky Number: 1, Heightened Awareness: On. |

I'm hoping someone can. Touchy has stabilize, at least, but it's hard to get to you.

Sovereign Court

CN Dwarf Cleric 6 / Rogue 1

I do not have stabilize memorized. Can heal him, but not at range.... have to get to him first. Currently there are duergar in the way... we'll see what the situation is when my turn comes back around.

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Pyrokineticist 8 | HP: 51/91 (0 L / 40 nl )| AC: 24 (15 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6 CMD: 22 | F: +14, R: +13, W: +4 | Init: +16+4 | Perc: +13, SM: +2| | burn 5/9, Buffer: 0 | Lucky Number: 1, Heightened Awareness: On. |

Sorry, my bad. I recalled that someone had stabilize and assumed it was touchy. Petrok has, though. Still, at least you have a couple of rounds more before you bleed out. We'll try to save you!

Dark Archive

male Half-Orc (mystic):Att:MW,cold iron Falchion+8(dmg2d4+6)orMW Heavy cross+6(1d10) |Int +1: Per: +6: AC:21('23' evil)Tch:12 FF:19| HP.44/45| |Fort+4/Ref+7/+8;spd:40ft
special:
touch of flame5/5(1d6+3),Channel 0/3(3d6),cinder dance,healing,fire nimbus 6/6
Shaman 6 CM:5/CMD:17| conditions: 1 negative lv: Barkskin: Heightened aware|protection fire|Bull's Str|protect evil

Petrok still unsure where the duergar caster ‘went off to;’ decides to hold his lighting strikes and instead cast stabilize, on the game prone and bloody paladin.

Dark Archive

Veteran's Vault Maps | QFP2 - On Hostile Waters Maps

Dark Claw: Spring-loaded wrist sheaths allow you to draw an item as a swift action. As you only have one swift action per turn, you would be unable to draw both of your kukri from them. My initial instinct would be to go with your first kukri roll, but in interest of benefit of the doubt, we'll randomize it. 1=CI, 2=mithral.
Random: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Dark Claw flexes his wrist and a kukri springs into it. Which he quickly uses to eviscerate the green duergar in front of him. As that duergar falls over bleeding out he steps up to bite the remaining blue duergar, and gets a nice mouthful of duergar flesh.

Botting Elenial: Elenial lets loose three quick arrows at the remaining duergar, in rapid succession.
Attack, PBS, RS: 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 1 - 2 = 28
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8
Attack, PBS, RS: 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 1 - 2 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6
Attack, PBS, RS: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 - 2 = 12
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 1 = 9
Striking solidly with her first arrow, and narrowly missing with her next.

Petrok calls in a divine mercy, and Eorsten stops bleeding so profusely. Stable

The remaining duergar swings his axe mightily at Dark Claw in retaliation for that bite!
Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 11
Damage: 2d8 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (8, 4) + 4 + 3 = 19

Initiatives- Bold may act:
Roni
GM-CI -70hp
Dark Claw 1 Negative Level | Prot. from Evil
Elenial
Petrok -1HP | 1 Negative Level
GM-DS blue -16hp
Touchy
Eorsten -69HP (7hp below 0 | STABLE) | 1 Negative Level | Prot. from Evil
I didn't bold Eorsten. But if he is healed 7+ hit points, he may act this round as well.

Sovereign Court

CN Dwarf Cleric 6 / Rogue 1

Touchy frowns slightly, when he notices the duergar is standing on top of Eorsten.

"Watch out for the big guy, he's likely going to crash our party any moment." He says, with grim cheeriness. "Or is it their party, and we're crashing?"

He then utters a prayer to his goddess. "Someone needs a hug!" He exclaims as he marches into the fray towards the fallen paladin.

Casting heal, then move in, provoking as he goes... touching Eorsten, and hoping the paladin can top himself off a little better! (And hopefully can get up without provoking again, if Touchy takes the attack)

Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (1, 4) + 5 = 10

edit: feh, that was a little weak... though more than 7 at least

Liberty's Edge

Male LN Pyrokineticist 8 | HP: 51/91 (0 L / 40 nl )| AC: 24 (15 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +6 CMD: 22 | F: +14, R: +13, W: +4 | Init: +16+4 | Perc: +13, SM: +2| | burn 5/9, Buffer: 0 | Lucky Number: 1, Heightened Awareness: On. |

With a flick of his wrist, a slender wand drops into Roni's palm from his wrist-sheath as he hurries to Eorsten. He tries to get there before Touchy does, but it seems Touchy is quicker to provoke an attack from the enemy.

UMD to use a wand of cure moderate wounds, DC 20: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
CMW on Eorsten: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (4, 7) + 3 = 14

Wand has 1 charge left.

Dark Archive

Veteran's Vault Maps | QFP2 - On Hostile Waters Maps

As Touchy runs into the fray, the duergar takes a swing at him.
Attack, PA: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 26
Damage: 2d8 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (8, 4) + 4 + 3 = 19
And makes contact with Touchy just as he reaches over and heals Eorsten.

Botting: Eorsten restores himself with divine power.
Lay On Hands: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 5) = 13

And right after Roni joins the party with more healing on Eorsten.

At this point Droskar's Chosen steps up through the floor, only his upper torso becoming visible. And sneers at Roni while saying "És most futsz a barátod életéből! Ehelyett megölik ezeket!"

After stating this a burst of stone shards explode from his body.
Petrok: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 2 = 22
Elenial: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Damage: 6d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 6, 4, 5, 1) = 18

He then swings at Petrok with his warhammer.
Attack: 1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 17 + 2 = 24
Damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (4, 1) + 8 = 13
Attack: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 2 = 16
Damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (3, 1) + 8 = 12

spell damage from weapon: 3d8 + 12 ⇒ (8, 6, 3) + 12 = 29
Petrok Will: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 2 = 17

As he connects with Petrok a jolt of dark energy surges through the warhammer, and Petrok falls to the floor unconscious.

Initiatives- Bold may act:
Roni
GM-CI -70hp
Dark Claw 1 Negative Level | Prot. from Evil
Elenial -9hp
Petrok -52HP (7hp below 0 | Dying) | 1 Negative Level
GM-DS blue -16hp
Touchy -19hp
Eorsten -32HP (30hp above 0) | 1 Negative Level | Prot. from Evil

EDIT:Oh yeah, forgot to mention. After the stone shards burst from him, everything within 10 ft of him (effectively the whole hallway) is now difficult terrain for the party.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human (varisian) Paladin 8 humano| HP: 67/67 | AC: 23/25 (13 Tch, 23/25 Fl) | CMB: +12, CMD: 22 | F: +13, R: +9, W: +9/11vs spells | Init: +3 | Perc: -1, SM: +2 paladin lvl 8 | Speed 30ft | [/ooc] | Spells: 1st 2/2 Spells: 2nd 1/1 | [ooc]Active conditions: None.

lay hands on me is a swift action, can i act when finish the heal???

Sovereign Court

CN Dwarf Cleric 6 / Rogue 1

Should be able to, the duergar used his AoO, so you should be able to get up without getting smacked, assuming he doesn't have combat reflexes =)!

Dark Archive

Veteran's Vault Maps | QFP2 - On Hostile Waters Maps

I was under the assumption you wouldn't want to stand after. But if you would like to have taken your turn (before the guy came through the floor) you may do so.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human (varisian) Paladin 8 humano| HP: 67/67 | AC: 23/25 (13 Tch, 23/25 Fl) | CMB: +12, CMD: 22 | F: +13, R: +9, W: +9/11vs spells | Init: +3 | Perc: -1, SM: +2 paladin lvl 8 | Speed 30ft | [/ooc] | Spells: 1st 2/2 Spells: 2nd 1/1 | [ooc]Active conditions: None.

do not want to interfere in the action of the adventure, I will act in the next turn

Sovereign Court

CN Dwarf Cleric 6 / Rogue 1

At least stand up, and pick up your weapon, while you're free from an Attack of Opportunity! Neither interferes with what has happened.

351 to 400 of 442 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] Outpost II - 6-21 Tapestry's Toil All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.