GM TOP MOD: Gallows of Madness Parts 1-3 (Core) (Inactive)

Game Master Pete H.


851 to 900 of 1,319 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Twisted | Trouble in Otari

Niza:
This is a Drochtac, a CE Medium sized Fey. In addition to what Kasvot recalls, you know that the creature's bite may cause paralysis.

Vie:
This is a Drochtac, a CE Medium sized Fey. In addition to what Kasvot and Niza recalls, you know that the creature can move through an area as small as one-quarter its space without squeezing, or one-eighth its space when squeezing.

Vie yells out a command phrase, lobbing a created glob of acid at the creature. It flies well wide of the mark and the creature ignores him to charge at the half-elf up front, expecting to easily catch him off guard and catch him in his maw (AoO for LGZ from Combat Reflexes). The bite easily connects with an exposed leg, delivering a nasty shock to his system (3 damage and see spoiler).

Liet-Gar:
Please make a Fort Save. I will provide the results as quickly as possible. You are welcome to use a re-roll at any point before those results are given, unless said re-roll specifically grants you the ability to do so after the result is given.

GM Screen:
bite + Charge: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 2 = 17 for BPS: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 plus paralysis 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Round 1
Liet-Gar (-6 HP, AoO pending)
Dimple
Kasvot

Mites
Vie
Ugly Thing
Niza & Albis
Fromagalli

Bold are up, the mites are the same as previously ID'd.

Grand Lodge

Elf, Wizard (Diviner) 6, HP 32, AC:13, FF:13, Th:10, F+5/R+5/W+5(+1 vs fear +2 vs ench), Perc +14, Init +4

It is a Drochtac. Another vile creature from the first world. Use cold iron on it. The slime on its skin can make you puke and the poison on its fangs can make you unable to move. It can jump to bite from further away than you might think and it can squeeze through small spaces.

The Concordance

Male CN Half-Orc Sorcerer 7 | HP: 37/37 | AC: 20 16 (15 Tch, 17 13 Fl) | CMD: 16 (13 Fl) | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +8 | Perc: +1, SM +1 | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: mage armor

"Watch out for that thing... it's a drochtac! It can spring in at you from a distance, and it's bite'll make you real sick!"

He follows his own advice, staying well back as he retrieves a wand and activates its magic to increase his own protection.

Actions:

Move: retrieve wand of shield
Standard: cast shield on self

The Exchange

Half-Elf 6 | Mods: Combat Reflexes, Uncanny Dodge| HP: 56 (-0)| AC 21, T 16, FF 15 | CMD: 24| F: +9, R: +6, W: +1; +2 vs enchant/some NL; immune sleep; +1 vs Fear | 40ft | Rage: 7/7; Folio Re-Roll (3 star) 1/1 | Perc: +5, SM: -1 | Init: +6

Fort Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 (Well...that's unpleasant - no reroll available)
AoO MWK Cold-Iron Ranseur: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 for Piercing: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 2) + 3 = 9 x3 crit

The Exchange

Female | HP 46/46 | AC 19, T 14, FF 16 | CMD 16 (13FF)| F +6 R +9 W +9; +2 vs. fear | Init +9 | Perc +13 | Speed 30ft | Bard Spells 1st 6/6 | 2nd 4/4 | Bardic Performance 24/24 | Cleric Spells 2/2+1 | Channel 1d6 7/7 | Active Conditions: |Agile Feet 4/4 | Bit of Luck: 4/4 | Reroll 1/1

Hearing the warrior call out, "Pish and posh! Why is he always getting hurt?" She steps forward as she pulls out a wand. With her free hand, she claps Fromagali on the back, "Maybe you'll have better luck."

Standard to give Fromagali Bit of Luck. Move to draw a wand of CLW, 5' adjustment.

Bit of Luck:
You can touch a willing creature as a standard action, giving it a bit of luck. For the next round, any time the target rolls a d20, he may roll twice and take the more favorable result.


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Twisted | Trouble in Otari

Liet-Gar slashes at the creature as it darts in towards him, easily connecting with flesh and stabbing deep. He goes to let out a whoop of joy but realizes the thing is grasping his leg. Trying to shake it loose he feels a cold sensation at the base of his spine spreading throughout his body, freezing him in place (Paralyzed 5 rounds).

Dimple blesses her nearby ally and prepares to heal the bleeding and frozen half-elf.

Seeing their prey locked up, the Mites rush forwards and draw blades to stab him easily (LGZ takes 4 more total damage from 2 hits).

GM Screen:
Mite 1 Dagger vs. Helpless (0 Dex): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 for Piercing + Smite Good: 1d3 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 + 1 = 2

Mite 1 Dagger vs. Helpless (0 Dex): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 for Piercing + Smite Good: 1d3 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 + 1 = 2

Round 1
Liet-Gar (-10 HP, Paralyzed 4 rds left)
Dimple
Kasvot (Shield 10/10)
Mites
Vie
Ugly Thing (-9 HP, Charge AC)
Niza & Albis
Fromagalli (Bit o' Luck)

Bold are up

Grand Lodge

Elf, Wizard (Diviner) 6, HP 32, AC:13, FF:13, Th:10, F+5/R+5/W+5(+1 vs fear +2 vs ench), Perc +14, Init +4

Buffs
Mage Armor, 1 hour

Yorug'likni ajoyib ko'ring! Glitterdust, all 3 of them need to make a will save DC=17 or blinded. I can't get all three of them without hitting Leit-Gar. But since he's paralyzed, I don't think it matters. :(

Then he steps back to allow plenty of room for the more martial members of the group. It has nothing to do with him being scared to get close to those things...


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Twisted | Trouble in Otari

The effect would end prior to the paralyze, so we'll just skip rolls for Liet-Gar unless someone manages to free him early.

A massive explosion of colored glitter bursts into existence just behind the group of enemies, flooding over them and Liet-Gar. One of the mites has the sense to shield his eyes and avoid the worst of it. But the other one and the Drochtac do not, flailing around as their eyes are gummed up with glitter.

GM Screen:
Drochtac Will DC 17: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Mite Blue Will DC 17: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Mite Red Will DC 17: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

The drochtac blindly unleashes a flurry of attacks, biting and clawing at the creature it knows it paralyzed. The first bite hits again, which emboldens the creature and probably helped him connect with his followup strikes. Flesh and muscle are torn, bones are snapped and Liet-Gar is shredded... though he still manages to stand (10 more total damage from 3 hits).

GM Screen:
Bite + Helpless vs. Helpless (0 Dex): 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 4 = 18 for BPS: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Miss <50: 1d100 ⇒ 53

Claw 1 + Helpless vs. Helpless (0 Dex): 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 4 = 10 for BPS: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Miss <50: 1d100 ⇒ 58

Claw 2 + Helpless vs. Helpless (0 Dex): 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 4 = 26 for BPS: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Miss <50: 1d100 ⇒ 70

Claw 2 Confirm?: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 4 = 7 for BPS: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

The hideous creature attempts to blink away the dust but it is to no avail.

GM Screen:
Drochtac Will DC 17: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Round 1
Liet-Gar (-20 HP, Paralyzed 4 rds left)
Dimple
Kasvot (Shield 10/10)
Mite Blue (Glitterdust) & Mite Red (Glitterdust, Blind 3? rds left)
Vie
Ugly Thing (-9 HP, Glitterdust Blind 2? rds left)
Niza & Albis
Fromagalli (Bit o' Luck)

Round 2
Liet-Gar (-20 HP, Paralyzed 3 rds left)
Dimple
Kasvot (Shield 9 rds left)

Mite Blue (Glitterdust) & Mite Red (Glitterdust, Blind 3? rds left)
Vie
Ugly Thing (-9 HP, Glitterdust Blind 2? rds left)
Niza & Albis
Fromagalli

Bold are up

Sovereign Court

burning hands wand 1 charges, disguise self wand 5 charges, longstrider wand 46 chgs Wands and wayfinder are from confirmation and first steps Hand of apprentice 6 remaining AC 18*, touch 10, flat-footed 18 (+6 armor) hp 51/41 Fort +5*, Ref +4*, Will +5*; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

"Remember the scroll I got you Dimple now would be a great time to use it!" Fromagalli calls out as he dances around the mites and with a shout of Anish Macor swings at the ugly thing

dice rolls:

Yes Blue gets an aoo ac 16 also using arcane strike

taking the red route to my final position and the starred rolls from bit of luck
longsword: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
longsword: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27*

longsword threat: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
longsword threat: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21*

longsword damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
damage if crit: 14 + 1d8 + 7 ⇒ 14 + (1) + 7 = 22

knowledge nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Technically get 2 rolls on this but a) I dont think there is anything else to know and b) Kinda hoping its dead from crit

scroll dimple got:
Scroll of 2 spells remove paralysis Cleric spell 2nd level so Dimple will need to make a caster level check dc 3 adding his cleric level to the roll. Or dont roll a 1

The Exchange

Half-Elf 6 | Mods: Combat Reflexes, Uncanny Dodge| HP: 56 (-0)| AC 21, T 16, FF 15 | CMD: 24| F: +9, R: +6, W: +1; +2 vs enchant/some NL; immune sleep; +1 vs Fear | 40ft | Rage: 7/7; Folio Re-Roll (3 star) 1/1 | Perc: +5, SM: -1 | Init: +6

Eyes watering from the flecks of burning glittering, LGZ struggles to move. 'What is this? Why can't...OW! HEY STOP IT!'

Unable to even flinch from the painful creature, 'Am I scared? This doesn't feel like fear...I ran last ti...lets not dwell on that. Didn't happen. Nothing scares me! WHY CAN'T I MOVE'

His paralysis persistent...the man laments at his state silently...praying his companions perform well.


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Twisted | Trouble in Otari

GM Screen AoO from Blue:
Mite Dagger AoO: 1d20 ⇒ 5 for Piercing: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

The blue-sashed mite hacks at Fromagalli as he dances and flits around, but misses the quick moving target. The red headed half-elf's blade slashes across and through the ugly drochtac, exposing significantly more of its inside than anyone, itself included, would want exposed. It collapses into a pile of blood and guts. It does not move ever again.

Yellow is down.

The Exchange

Female | HP 46/46 | AC 19, T 14, FF 16 | CMD 16 (13FF)| F +6 R +9 W +9; +2 vs. fear | Init +9 | Perc +13 | Speed 30ft | Bard Spells 1st 6/6 | 2nd 4/4 | Bardic Performance 24/24 | Cleric Spells 2/2+1 | Channel 1d6 7/7 | Active Conditions: |Agile Feet 4/4 | Bit of Luck: 4/4 | Reroll 1/1

Glaring at the woodsman turned wizard, Dimple reaches deep into her pack and pulls out the boring wrapping paper. She unfurls it and starts reading aloud. "Fear not...blah blah blah...find strength within...blah blah blah...powers above...blah blah blah...freedom of eternal light." She turns the scroll over. "That's it? This song is terrible. It doesn't even rhyme. How does this help us anyway? I knew this was a stupid gift!"

CL Check vs DC 3: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Sovereign Court

burning hands wand 1 charges, disguise self wand 5 charges, longstrider wand 46 chgs Wands and wayfinder are from confirmation and first steps Hand of apprentice 6 remaining AC 18*, touch 10, flat-footed 18 (+6 armor) hp 51/41 Fort +5*, Ref +4*, Will +5*; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Good news LGZ can move. Bad news needs to make a will save dc 17 to see

Grand Lodge

Elf, Wizard (Diviner) 6, HP 32, AC:13, FF:13, Th:10, F+5/R+5/W+5(+1 vs fear +2 vs ench), Perc +14, Init +4

whoops! I totally forgot about the scroll you mentioned. I could have gotten two of them and avoided Liet-Gar. My bad.


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Twisted | Trouble in Otari

Nice! And with the big bad down I expect things will move along quickly enough now. The even better news is that Liet-Gar gets two saves to beat the blind. The initial one when the spell was cast and the one that would have happened at the end of his turn this round.

Niza & Kasvot are up, I'll bot Niza in the morning if Kasvot gets a post in there. My wife (Niza's player) is not feeling well.

The Exchange

Half-Elf 6 | Mods: Combat Reflexes, Uncanny Dodge| HP: 56 (-0)| AC 21, T 16, FF 15 | CMD: 24| F: +9, R: +6, W: +1; +2 vs enchant/some NL; immune sleep; +1 vs Fear | 40ft | Rage: 7/7; Folio Re-Roll (3 star) 1/1 | Perc: +5, SM: -1 | Init: +6

Will 1: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16
Will 2: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
lol!

The Concordance

Male CN Half-Orc Sorcerer 7 | HP: 37/37 | AC: 20 16 (15 Tch, 17 13 Fl) | CMD: 16 (13 Fl) | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +8 | Perc: +1, SM +1 | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: mage armor

Kasvot steps to the opening in the gate and immediately fires off two magic missiles, glowing streaks in the air that slam into both remaining mites.

Actions:

Move: 15'
Standard: cast magic missile; targeting blue and red

Caster level vs. SR: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Damage, force vs. blue: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Damage, force vs. red: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Twisted | Trouble in Otari

Botting Niza

The oft-angry red-haired gnome rushes forwards as she sees her allies in trouble. Drawing a cold iron dagger, she attempts to gut the enemy that remains after Kasvot's magic blast dropped the other one to the ground.

MW Cold Iron Dagger: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 for Piercing/Cold Iron: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

She just barely manages to connect with the dodging mite, stabbing into the flesh of its leg. It grins at such a pitiful flesh wound, until she twists the blade and pulls it out. A bright red spray of arterial blood follows and the creature collapses.

Out of Combat! You all have time enough to recover but don't forget that Liet-Gar is at -20 HP.

Kasvot:
Nicely done on taking Spell Penetration! I'm guessing part of that might have to do with frustration at needing to roll to overcome spell resistance so often, lol!

The Exchange

Half-Elf 6 | Mods: Combat Reflexes, Uncanny Dodge| HP: 56 (-0)| AC 21, T 16, FF 15 | CMD: 24| F: +9, R: +6, W: +1; +2 vs enchant/some NL; immune sleep; +1 vs Fear | 40ft | Rage: 7/7; Folio Re-Roll (3 star) 1/1 | Perc: +5, SM: -1 | Init: +6

As the flecks slowly wash out of his eyes, the man wipes the tears away. "Well...that was...unpleasant." he admits.

Placing a hand over the large wound in his leg, he hobbles over to Dimple. "While I enjoy holding my insides in as much as the next guy, would you mind stitching this a bit? Now I'm really hoping that shopkeep sold me the right wand..."

The Exchange

Female | HP 46/46 | AC 19, T 14, FF 16 | CMD 16 (13FF)| F +6 R +9 W +9; +2 vs. fear | Init +9 | Perc +13 | Speed 30ft | Bard Spells 1st 6/6 | 2nd 4/4 | Bardic Performance 24/24 | Cleric Spells 2/2+1 | Channel 1d6 7/7 | Active Conditions: |Agile Feet 4/4 | Bit of Luck: 4/4 | Reroll 1/1

Dimple checks her growing assortment of wants, quickly identifying the half-elf's contribution to her collection. "See, having the hair on there makes it super easy find." She then stats prodding the injured warrior with the stick.

If I'm rolling the heals:

CLW vs LGZ: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
CLW vs LGZ: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
CLW vs LGZ: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
CLW vs LGZ: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
4 charges and 18 HP back

Sovereign Court

burning hands wand 1 charges, disguise self wand 5 charges, longstrider wand 46 chgs Wands and wayfinder are from confirmation and first steps Hand of apprentice 6 remaining AC 18*, touch 10, flat-footed 18 (+6 armor) hp 51/41 Fort +5*, Ref +4*, Will +5*; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Fromagalli will remember his woodsman days an do woodsmany things like trying to work out what else has travelled through here recently

dice rolls:

1d20+8
1d20+6
+2 to both rolls if applied to signs of magical beasts
(also must remeber if wearing buckler -1 penalty on attack rolls when using sword with two hands. Not sure if I have applied that correctly often enough)

Dark Archive

NG Gnome Wizard 5 & Rogue 2 | Perc: +14 (+1 vs. traps), Low-Light, SM: +2 | HP: 72 (-0) (+X Temp HP) | AC/Tch/FF 20/15/17 (+4 Dodge vs. Giants) | F/R/W +7/+8/+6 (Evasion, +4 vs. illusions) | CMD 17 | Init: +2 Active conditions: False Life? | Speed 20ft | Spells in Profile, Telekinetic Fist 6/6, Shirt ReRoll 1/1

"Oh, yeah... Dimple, I have a wand for you too. Want some of my hair so it's easily decipherable too?" She hands her wand of CLW to the other gnome. "I mean, the boys are the ones who always seem to get hurt, but just in case," she adds with a huge grin.

Grand Lodge

Elf, Wizard (Diviner) 6, HP 32, AC:13, FF:13, Th:10, F+5/R+5/W+5(+1 vs fear +2 vs ench), Perc +14, Init +4

Hmm... I suppose... Dimple you can use this on me if I get injured. He seems unsure about entrusting his wand to the flighty young one, but he can't as easily make use of it himself.

Actually I was astonished to learn I got a wand of CLW instead of infernal healing. I took me a while to recall. Oh duh! Core. ;(

The Exchange

Female | HP 46/46 | AC 19, T 14, FF 16 | CMD 16 (13FF)| F +6 R +9 W +9; +2 vs. fear | Init +9 | Perc +13 | Speed 30ft | Bard Spells 1st 6/6 | 2nd 4/4 | Bardic Performance 24/24 | Cleric Spells 2/2+1 | Channel 1d6 7/7 | Active Conditions: |Agile Feet 4/4 | Bit of Luck: 4/4 | Reroll 1/1

Dimple keeps accepting all of the wands. With a bright smile, "No Niza, I think a nice ribbon will do for yours." her toneis distinctly less bright as she turns to the wizard. "Mister Vivesection-o, you get a choice: some of that long hair of yours, or you can give me a long piece of string or something."

She then goes about tucking wands into her belts and various vest pockets and what not.

Grand Lodge

Elf, Wizard (Diviner) 6, HP 32, AC:13, FF:13, Th:10, F+5/R+5/W+5(+1 vs fear +2 vs ench), Perc +14, Init +4

Oddly... I think I would prefer the hair just to make sure you don't mix it up with wand of 'Flaming Sphere' or something.

The Exchange

Female | HP 46/46 | AC 19, T 14, FF 16 | CMD 16 (13FF)| F +6 R +9 W +9; +2 vs. fear | Init +9 | Perc +13 | Speed 30ft | Bard Spells 1st 6/6 | 2nd 4/4 | Bardic Performance 24/24 | Cleric Spells 2/2+1 | Channel 1d6 7/7 | Active Conditions: |Agile Feet 4/4 | Bit of Luck: 4/4 | Reroll 1/1

Eyes widen, "They have wands of what now? Oh! I have got to get me one of those!" She looks to the rest of the team, "What do you say guys? Can we get one of those?" She then starts aiming one of the many wands at her disposal at trees and whatnot shouting "BOOM!"

The Concordance

Male CN Half-Orc Sorcerer 7 | HP: 37/37 | AC: 20 16 (15 Tch, 17 13 Fl) | CMD: 16 (13 Fl) | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +8 | Perc: +1, SM +1 | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: mage armor

Kasvot retrieves his own wand, and offers it to Dimple. "I really should learn how to activate this by myself, but until then, since you're collecting these...."


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Twisted | Trouble in Otari

Excellent RP all! Thanks for keeping it entertaining. My weekends are often busy as I expect most of yours are as well, so my posting is usually minimal. I'll move us along to the stables very soon, stay tuned!


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Twisted | Trouble in Otari

Quickly searching the bodies, the group finds that the Drochtac has no items and the skin would make a very poor pelt. The mites' skin appears to also be a poor pelt due to fiendish rot, though they do have a couple silver coins each, a dagger and a couple darts. The weapons are sized for a small creature.

After everyone is healed and wands are piled upon Dimple, the group heads to the stables. The door does not look to be trapped and everyone prepares for battle. Niza rips the door open and it falls off the rotten hinges showing...

...bones litter the bare stone floor of this stable. The reek of decay hangs heavy in the air. Two purple goo infected giant centipedes rear up at the sight and sound of the group, but do not charge.

Knowledge (Nature) OR Sense Motive to determine the reason for their defensive posture.

The Concordance

Male CN Half-Orc Sorcerer 7 | HP: 37/37 | AC: 20 16 (15 Tch, 17 13 Fl) | CMD: 16 (13 Fl) | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +8 | Perc: +1, SM +1 | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: mage armor

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Twisted | Trouble in Otari

Kasvot quickly identifies that the creatures appear to be protecting fiendish centipede eggs.

You all may discuss what you wish to do. Any aggressive action towards them will begin initiative.

The Exchange

Female | HP 46/46 | AC 19, T 14, FF 16 | CMD 16 (13FF)| F +6 R +9 W +9; +2 vs. fear | Init +9 | Perc +13 | Speed 30ft | Bard Spells 1st 6/6 | 2nd 4/4 | Bardic Performance 24/24 | Cleric Spells 2/2+1 | Channel 1d6 7/7 | Active Conditions: |Agile Feet 4/4 | Bit of Luck: 4/4 | Reroll 1/1

"See, NOW would be a great time for one of them 'Flaming Ball of Death' wands."

Assuming we have a little time to prep, I will get Inspire Courage just before the team heads in or attacks.

The Exchange

Half-Elf 6 | Mods: Combat Reflexes, Uncanny Dodge| HP: 56 (-0)| AC 21, T 16, FF 15 | CMD: 24| F: +9, R: +6, W: +1; +2 vs enchant/some NL; immune sleep; +1 vs Fear | 40ft | Rage: 7/7; Folio Re-Roll (3 star) 1/1 | Perc: +5, SM: -1 | Init: +6

Eyeing the beasts, LGZ frowns. "To be fair, they are just protecting their young. Is there a way to cleanse them of the fiendish taint?"

Glancing around the group, he continues "If we could cleanse them and return them to normal beasts, there'd be not real reason to kill them...right?"


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Twisted | Trouble in Otari

I'm not sure if they have a "Dawn for Fiendish Tainted Animals" soap available in Core. I honestly can't think of anything that would allow them to be cleansed, though would be open to suggestions as well as any alternatives to a direct fight.

The Exchange

Female | HP 46/46 | AC 19, T 14, FF 16 | CMD 16 (13FF)| F +6 R +9 W +9; +2 vs. fear | Init +9 | Perc +13 | Speed 30ft | Bard Spells 1st 6/6 | 2nd 4/4 | Bardic Performance 24/24 | Cleric Spells 2/2+1 | Channel 1d6 7/7 | Active Conditions: |Agile Feet 4/4 | Bit of Luck: 4/4 | Reroll 1/1

Universal Solvent + Holy Water? (not that I have the solvent)

Dimple holds up a hand. "Wait just a minute. You all can't wait to run about hacking up intelligent creatures, but this is where your conscience gets you? The evil mindless bugs? They're BUGS! Icky, gross, non-talking bugs. Why are these the things you are trying to save and not the goblins or mites? Sure, the drochtac-y thing had to go, but the other stuff? I just don't get you guys sometimes." She crosses her arms with an indignant huff and allows the team to do whatever it is they are going to do.

The Concordance

Male CN Half-Orc Sorcerer 7 | HP: 37/37 | AC: 20 16 (15 Tch, 17 13 Fl) | CMD: 16 (13 Fl) | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +8 | Perc: +1, SM +1 | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: mage armor

"Well, I could care less, but I suspect it's the cute little fiendish babies that are the difference here. Fiendish being the operative word, though. Kill them!" Kasvot readies himself for slaught... combat.

Grand Lodge

Elf, Wizard (Diviner) 6, HP 32, AC:13, FF:13, Th:10, F+5/R+5/W+5(+1 vs fear +2 vs ench), Perc +14, Init +4

Agreed. Not only bugs, but evil bugs.Let us be done with them.
While speaking, Vie steps forward and touches Kasvot on the shoulder. Kasvot, you have Diviner's Fortune, gives a +1 insight bonus on hit, saves, skills, and ability checks for one round.

The Exchange

Half-Elf 6 | Mods: Combat Reflexes, Uncanny Dodge| HP: 56 (-0)| AC 21, T 16, FF 15 | CMD: 24| F: +9, R: +6, W: +1; +2 vs enchant/some NL; immune sleep; +1 vs Fear | 40ft | Rage: 7/7; Folio Re-Roll (3 star) 1/1 | Perc: +5, SM: -1 | Init: +6

"I get that Dimple and believe me I'm no fan of bugs. They do have a purpose in this world though..."

"Most importantly though, I'd like to point out something....these are the only the second creatures we've encountered that haven't immediately attacked us."

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female | HP 46/46 | AC 19, T 14, FF 16 | CMD 16 (13FF)| F +6 R +9 W +9; +2 vs. fear | Init +9 | Perc +13 | Speed 30ft | Bard Spells 1st 6/6 | 2nd 4/4 | Bardic Performance 24/24 | Cleric Spells 2/2+1 | Channel 1d6 7/7 | Active Conditions: |Agile Feet 4/4 | Bit of Luck: 4/4 | Reroll 1/1

She looks at the elf, offering a little smile. "Aw...that's super sweet." Her voice then looses it's softness as she points into the stable, "Now go in there and kill them."


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Twisted | Trouble in Otari

Okay, seems like the vote is for combat. Let's see how initiative goes. I'll allow Vie's action to take place as Prep since it wasn't aggressive, but as of now we are into rounds.

Initiative:

Fromagalli: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Liet-Gar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Kasvot: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Dimple: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Niza & Albis: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Vie: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Fiendish Centipedes: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Round 1
Dimple
Liet-Gar
Niza & Albis
Fromagalli
Vie

Fiendish Centipedes
Kasvot (Diviner's Fortune 1 round)

Bold may act!

Grand Lodge

Elf, Wizard (Diviner) 6, HP 32, AC:13, FF:13, Th:10, F+5/R+5/W+5(+1 vs fear +2 vs ench), Perc +14, Init +4

Next, Vie steps forward and touches Liet-Gar on the shoulder. Liet-Gar, you have Diviner's Fortune, gives a +1 insight bonus on hit, saves, skills, and ability checks for one round.

Don't get paralyzed again...

Ha! I just realized I mixed up who is what. Kasvot probably doesn't have much use for the +1 that I gave him. Oh well no big loss.

The Exchange

Half-Elf 6 | Mods: Combat Reflexes, Uncanny Dodge| HP: 56 (-0)| AC 21, T 16, FF 15 | CMD: 24| F: +9, R: +6, W: +1; +2 vs enchant/some NL; immune sleep; +1 vs Fear | 40ft | Rage: 7/7; Folio Re-Roll (3 star) 1/1 | Perc: +5, SM: -1 | Init: +6

With a begrudging sigh, LGZ nods to Dimple.

"Thank you Vie...lets at least make this quick."

Surging forward, he tries to skewer the first insect.

MWK Cold-Iron Ranseur, Diviner's Fortune, Charge: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 28 for Piercing: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 1) + 3 = 8 x3 crit

charging red

Potential AoOs:

MWK Cold-Iron Ranseur, Diviner's Fortune: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 1 = 11 for Piercing: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2) + 3 = 6 x3 crit

MWK Cold-Iron Ranseur, Diviner's Fortune: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 1 = 14 for Piercing: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2) + 3 = 8 x3 crit


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Twisted | Trouble in Otari

Vie grants a quick little look into the future, which aids the half-elf's strike as he easily finds enough internal organs to julienne. The closest centipede falls, not even getting a chance to know the delicious taste of LGZ's flesh.

Round 1
Dimple
Liet-Gar
Niza & Albis
Fromagalli

Vie
Fiendish Centipedes (Red Dead)
Kasvot (Diviner's Fortune 1 round)

Bold may act!

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Gnome Wizard 5 & Rogue 2 | Perc: +14 (+1 vs. traps), Low-Light, SM: +2 | HP: 72 (-0) (+X Temp HP) | AC/Tch/FF 20/15/17 (+4 Dodge vs. Giants) | F/R/W +7/+8/+6 (Evasion, +4 vs. illusions) | CMD 17 | Init: +2 Active conditions: False Life? | Speed 20ft | Spells in Profile, Telekinetic Fist 6/6, Shirt ReRoll 1/1

Niza moves in behind LGZ and sees one centipede down. She crouches, eyeing the other centipede through LGZ's legs. "I wouldn't close your legs if I were you..." she murmurs towards LGZ. Balling her hand into a fist, she rears back and punches in the vicinity of the area between LGZ's knees.

Telekinetic Fist vs. Touch (vs. Blue): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 for Bludgeoning: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Twisted | Trouble in Otari

Niza's punch whistles through the air right below Liet-Gar, who feels an uncomfortable force zip past him. It slams directly into the centipede, crunching exoskeleton, but not taking it down.

Even if IC is added to this combat, that attack won't quite finish the critter off. Fromagalli & Dimple are up!

The Exchange

Female | HP 46/46 | AC 19, T 14, FF 16 | CMD 16 (13FF)| F +6 R +9 W +9; +2 vs. fear | Init +9 | Perc +13 | Speed 30ft | Bard Spells 1st 6/6 | 2nd 4/4 | Bardic Performance 24/24 | Cleric Spells 2/2+1 | Channel 1d6 7/7 | Active Conditions: |Agile Feet 4/4 | Bit of Luck: 4/4 | Reroll 1/1

Dimple again grants Desna's good will upon the forest-wizard half-man.

Bit of Luck (again) ~ For the next round, any time the target rolls a d20, he may roll twice and take the more favorable result.

2 uses of 3. 1 use remaining.

Sovereign Court

burning hands wand 1 charges, disguise self wand 5 charges, longstrider wand 46 chgs Wands and wayfinder are from confirmation and first steps Hand of apprentice 6 remaining AC 18*, touch 10, flat-footed 18 (+6 armor) hp 51/41 Fort +5*, Ref +4*, Will +5*; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep

Moves up and hands of the apprentice a magic imbued cold iron dagger "Anish macor"

Spoiler:

dagger: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
dagger: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
taking the not quite crit
dagger damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

He idly twiddles the dagger as it returns to his hand wondering if he has struck a killing blow


Spell Templates | Dwarf Info | Dwarf Maps | Twisted | Trouble in Otari

The forest wizard easily dispatches the final creature. His dagger flying out and through the giant insect, then returning to his hand, adding a second hole on the way back.

Combat over and yes, Dimple saved the day because Fromagalli's first roll would have missed. So what do you all do with the Fiendish Centipede eggs?

The Exchange

Female | HP 46/46 | AC 19, T 14, FF 16 | CMD 16 (13FF)| F +6 R +9 W +9; +2 vs. fear | Init +9 | Perc +13 | Speed 30ft | Bard Spells 1st 6/6 | 2nd 4/4 | Bardic Performance 24/24 | Cleric Spells 2/2+1 | Channel 1d6 7/7 | Active Conditions: |Agile Feet 4/4 | Bit of Luck: 4/4 | Reroll 1/1

Dimple storms into the stable, heading directly to the nest. She begins jumping up and down on the eggs in an attempt to destroy them all. "NO! NO! NO!"

After working up a sweat, she steps out of the slimy mess. "Oh pish! My boots." She calls upon her innate gnomely magic to sweep all of the grime, guts and goo away.

Prestidigitation one time a day.

A few claps of her hand, "Just like new! All right, everyone ready to keep going?"

The Exchange

Half-Elf 6 | Mods: Combat Reflexes, Uncanny Dodge| HP: 56 (-0)| AC 21, T 16, FF 15 | CMD: 24| F: +9, R: +6, W: +1; +2 vs enchant/some NL; immune sleep; +1 vs Fear | 40ft | Rage: 7/7; Folio Re-Roll (3 star) 1/1 | Perc: +5, SM: -1 | Init: +6

Wiping his own weapon clean on some hay, the half-elf looks up at Dimple.

"Well...yeah. I suppose so." leaving the stables, he moves to another door and glances back to the others.

"Whenever you're ready. Lets see whats behind door number 2"

851 to 900 of 1,319 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / #1: Gallows of Madness Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.