EM - [PFS] Occasional Demons

Game Master Evil Minion

A series of 6 PFS scenarios... all set on the edges, and often inside, of the demon-infested Worldwound!

─► Maps and stuff ◄─


2,551 to 2,600 of 2,862 << first < prev | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

“Floria Avernathus” | Female NG Medium Human Psychic 6 | HP 41/41 | AC 20 / 13 T / 18FF | CMD +0 CMD 12 | F +6, R +5, W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +5 SM +3 |Speed 30ft | Spells 1st:5/8, 2nd: 5/7; 3rd 3/4 Detect Thoughts SLA 1/1; CI bolts 36; Phrenic Pool 2/5; Dark Half 4/8 Reach Rod 3/3| Active Conditions: Ant Haul, shield, reroll used

Floria will try to rein her troops in a bit, shouting at them to stop leaving their flanks exposed and to work together and so forth.

Switching tactics one step to standard, still have the cavalry experts. I'll be honest I have very little idea what I'm doing, so I'm finding it very easy to channel Floria's inexperience!

Attack!: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

Emboldened by the apparent success of that strategy, she heaps praise upon her troops and exhorts them to fight, for Princess Eutropia!

Attack Again!: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20


Your doing just fine Floria! All of you are so far. Hell, you guys are remembering things I forget. =)
And a 32? Ouch!

GM Screen:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Once the Taldan's start listening, the surprise maneuver by the cultist army is quickly overcome. With relentless pressure, the overeager Taldan's close in, pressing their attack.

The cultists fight back, seemingly unconcerned for their own safety, as they scream in maddened fury... but it is not nearly enough. Before long, they are routed, hundreds of bodies littering the cracked earth of the dried up lake.

The Taldan's will take 3 more points of damage, before the cultists are defeated!

By evening, there is no more opposition outside of Silvershore itself.

On to the next day!

-- Engagement: Silvershore, Day 4 (movement)--
Kara (mendevian cavalry) (-5)
Floria (army of exploration) (-12)
tiefling garrison
pink cultists, green cultists
Huni (mendevian warpriests)
Sangkip (mammoth riders)
Alrik (dwarven pikemen)

Grand Lodge

Female Taldan Half-elf Wizard/5 (HP 37/37 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 MageArmor+Shield 20/12/18 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+8 | Perc:+6 Low-light | Move:30ft) | Ranged Touch +4 (as spell/20x2) Crossbow +5 (d8/19-20x2) | FM 6/6
Skills:
Acro +3 Blu +1 Dip +1 DD +3 EA +2 HA +2 Inti +1 (Arcana) +7 (Dung) +7 (Eng) +7 (Geog) +7 (Hist) +7 (Local) +7 (Nature) +7 (Nobil) +7 (Planes) +7 (Relig) +7 Perc +6 Ride +2 SM +3 SC +14 SoH +3 Stlth +2 Surv +1 Swim +0 UMD +6
Aragostina:
Tiny Female Vermin (Greensting Scorpion) (HP 18/18 | AC:21 T:15 FF:18 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+4 Improved Evasion | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Sting +7 (1d2-4/20x2 + poison DC10

Kara sends riders to congratulate Floria on her joyous victory, and bid her to rest and recuperate. Kara's forces ride south to join them, intending to spend a day in recuperation themselves.

Day 4: Move 1 hex
Day 5 (planned): Recovery

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

Commanders log day 4:

We are closing on Silvershore. More reports of battles won by our side. We are due to begin siege on the remaining forces. I've met with the alchemists in charge of our ordinance. We've made considerable progress with my formulae for bombstuffs. Gods be with us tomorrow. Breakfast was cheese, toast, and jam.

Move one space to have Silvershore in range. Ready to drop bombs!

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue (Knifemaster, Scout) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 25, T 18, FF 19 | F +5, R +13, W +6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 | Vanish 0/3

Awaiting cultist moves to make sure none of 'em sally forth o_o

Sovereign Court

“Floria Avernathus” | Female NG Medium Human Psychic 6 | HP 41/41 | AC 20 / 13 T / 18FF | CMD +0 CMD 12 | F +6, R +5, W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +5 SM +3 |Speed 30ft | Spells 1st:5/8, 2nd: 5/7; 3rd 3/4 Detect Thoughts SLA 1/1; CI bolts 36; Phrenic Pool 2/5; Dark Half 4/8 Reach Rod 3/3| Active Conditions: Ant Haul, shield, reroll used

Floria will take Kara's advice and exhort her now over-eager troops to rest and allow some of the wounded a chance to be treated in tents rather than on horseback.

Dark Archive

LG M Dwarf Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 5 - HP 44/44 - AC 21+4, T 11+4, FF 20+4 - F+7*, R+3*, W+7* - Init: +1 - Perc +10 (DV, SC), SM +10 - Smite Evil 1/2 - Lay on Hands (2d6+4) 3/4 - Divind Bond 1/1 - Lesser Restoration 1/1 - Liberating Command 1/1 - Active Conditions: Smite Evil

Alrik prepares his dwarves for the eventual assault on Silvershore.

Alrik & his dwarves will follow everyone elses lead.


Right now, if you intend to descend on them en masse, it will be two days later. If Kara intends to rest first, then it will be three days (1 to move away from the House of Reflections, 1 to rest, 1 to move to Silvershore.

So... two days, or three days? Then can fast forward to there.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

After my move I am a hex away and can begin ranged attacks, yes?


No. You still have to move into their square. Ranged attacks just resolve first in the combat order... they don't allow you to attack from a different hex.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

Ah.

Grand Lodge

Female Taldan Half-elf Wizard/5 (HP 37/37 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 MageArmor+Shield 20/12/18 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+8 | Perc:+6 Low-light | Move:30ft) | Ranged Touch +4 (as spell/20x2) Crossbow +5 (d8/19-20x2) | FM 6/6
Skills:
Acro +3 Blu +1 Dip +1 DD +3 EA +2 HA +2 Inti +1 (Arcana) +7 (Dung) +7 (Eng) +7 (Geog) +7 (Hist) +7 (Local) +7 (Nature) +7 (Nobil) +7 (Planes) +7 (Relig) +7 Perc +6 Ride +2 SM +3 SC +14 SoH +3 Stlth +2 Surv +1 Swim +0 UMD +6
Aragostina:
Tiny Female Vermin (Greensting Scorpion) (HP 18/18 | AC:21 T:15 FF:18 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+4 Improved Evasion | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Sting +7 (1d2-4/20x2 + poison DC10

Both Kara and Floria's troops need to rest on Day 5 to be at or near full HP. If the group thinks time is of the essence we can all move on Silvershore on Day 5 and we'll probably be fine. What think we?

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

Rather y'all rested up.

Sovereign Court

“Floria Avernathus” | Female NG Medium Human Psychic 6 | HP 41/41 | AC 20 / 13 T / 18FF | CMD +0 CMD 12 | F +6, R +5, W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +5 SM +3 |Speed 30ft | Spells 1st:5/8, 2nd: 5/7; 3rd 3/4 Detect Thoughts SLA 1/1; CI bolts 36; Phrenic Pool 2/5; Dark Half 4/8 Reach Rod 3/3| Active Conditions: Ant Haul, shield, reroll used

Yes let's go for the full rest

Grand Lodge

Female Taldan Half-elf Wizard/5 (HP 37/37 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 MageArmor+Shield 20/12/18 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+8 | Perc:+6 Low-light | Move:30ft) | Ranged Touch +4 (as spell/20x2) Crossbow +5 (d8/19-20x2) | FM 6/6
Skills:
Acro +3 Blu +1 Dip +1 DD +3 EA +2 HA +2 Inti +1 (Arcana) +7 (Dung) +7 (Eng) +7 (Geog) +7 (Hist) +7 (Local) +7 (Nature) +7 (Nobil) +7 (Planes) +7 (Relig) +7 Perc +6 Ride +2 SM +3 SC +14 SoH +3 Stlth +2 Surv +1 Swim +0 UMD +6
Aragostina:
Tiny Female Vermin (Greensting Scorpion) (HP 18/18 | AC:21 T:15 FF:18 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+4 Improved Evasion | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Sting +7 (1d2-4/20x2 + poison DC10

So it looks like we're all descending en masse on Silvershore on Day 6, and with everyone at full HP, yes?

Dear Journal, I am fearful of what horrors we will encounter at Silvershore. But my commanders buoy me with their confidence and their bravado. Many times daily I question whether my decision to rest will have allowed the demons too much time for defensive fortifications that we shall all dash ourselves upon, like the glitterfish back in Taldor, dying fitfully on the shore in wave after wave in spawning season. Shall we be food to the demons? Oh, Journal, I fear them so. But I must be brave for my troops.


It will take 2 days for Floria and Kara to get fully healed (assuming Floria doesn't move, and Kara does)
So the 3rd day it is!

Over the next couple of days, the last of the Pathfinder armies manage to reach the outskirts of Silvershore, forming a siege around the entire town.

It is hard to get a sense of what sort of defenses the garrison, and those cultists that joined them, have managed to put up in the time they were given... and any scouts sent to try to figure that out either return with nothing, or don't return at all.

They have definitely not been idle though. The entire town has been barricaded. Spiked fortifications have been erected on all sides, to defend against cavalry incursions, made from dead trees, likely scavenged from the shores of the lake, and broken timbers, likely from the town itself. Large blocks of stone have been moved from inside the town to the outer edges, with many small gaps to allow the defenders to fire outwards at incoming enemies.

And these are just the defenses you can see from afar. You realize there will likely be many other surprises inside.

It takes a couple of days for the Taldan forces to recover from their battle along the lake shore, and they are joined at the end of the first by the Mendev cavalry, sporting wound of their own.

Still by sixth day of the campaign, all of the armies appear ready, and at a signal, they all advance to root out the last of the enemies defensive forces in this part of the Worldwound!

Will assume everyone moves on the town, and skip right to the combat phase.

-- Engagement: Silvershore, Day 6 (tactics/combat)--
Kara (mendevian cavalry)
Floria (army of exploration)
Huni (mendevian warpriests)
Sangkip (mammoth riders)
Alrik (dwarven pikemen)
tiefling garrison, pink cultists, green cultists

The attack on Silvershore has begun!

Alessio, I need a Profession (soldier) roll from you each round. This might effect what and when some of this happens.

Everyone decide on a tactic and strategy, and you can make your first offensive roll. Pick a target.

Alessio, Will also need a 1d4 roll for your siege weapons (this is an amount they negates the entrenched armies defensive bonus this round. You will roll this each round (though don't need to roll an attack roll for the siege weapons... just the d4)

Those using ranged weapons (just Alessio) will attack first vs a single target of their choice, and can then stay back or move in to melee (staying back only helps if one of the enemy doesn't approach you). Everyone else is considered to move in to melee range.

Grand Lodge

Female Taldan Half-elf Wizard/5 (HP 37/37 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 MageArmor+Shield 20/12/18 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+8 | Perc:+6 Low-light | Move:30ft) | Ranged Touch +4 (as spell/20x2) Crossbow +5 (d8/19-20x2) | FM 6/6
Skills:
Acro +3 Blu +1 Dip +1 DD +3 EA +2 HA +2 Inti +1 (Arcana) +7 (Dung) +7 (Eng) +7 (Geog) +7 (Hist) +7 (Local) +7 (Nature) +7 (Nobil) +7 (Planes) +7 (Relig) +7 Perc +6 Ride +2 SM +3 SC +14 SoH +3 Stlth +2 Surv +1 Swim +0 UMD +6
Aragostina:
Tiny Female Vermin (Greensting Scorpion) (HP 18/18 | AC:21 T:15 FF:18 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+4 Improved Evasion | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Sting +7 (1d2-4/20x2 + poison DC10

Kara counsels a cautious feint to expose any unseen fortifications or dirty tricks from the Pink cultists.

Strategy: Cautious -2 OM, +2 DV
Tactics: Standard

Melee, Cautious: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 - 2 = 19

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue (Knifemaster, Scout) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 25, T 18, FF 19 | F +5, R +13, W +6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 | Vanish 0/3

"Hit 'em hard and fast and sing songs for those too slow to follow!"

@ Tieflings
Melee (Reckless, Rage, Cavalry): 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 2 + 4 + 2 = 23

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

profession soldier: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
siege roll: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Commander log day 5:

We've been coordinating the siege for a few days now. The troops are in high spirits at the prospect. I can' complain, as I am also ready to engage. I'm sure the troops will perform well. Skipped breakfast for the preparations but had a quick coffee and yeast roll from last night.

Strategy: Aggressive. Tactic: Standard

ranged attack, DV 14: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 2 = 15

Scarab Sages

Human Warpriest 6| AC 21/23 T 13 FF 18/20 | HP 46/46 | F +7 (8) R +5 (6) W +9 (10) | Init +2 | Perc +3| Blessings 6/6 Fervor 6/6 Sacred Weapon 6/6 Channel Energy 3/3| Lvl 2: 4/4; Lvl 1: 5/5 Orizon: 5/at will

Blade-Chaplain Dorias informed me that it was my duty as the commander of this army to keep a war journal. All commanders do so for posterity, to get their thoughts in order, and to cope with the difficult decisions that they (we) must make. Alessio said the same. So as commander of the war priests with the rank of Shield-Bishop, here it is. I am a fraud. Blade-Chaplain Dorias is actually commanding the troops and they all know it. It is only the honor of the faithful men and women that has allowed this farce to continue as long as it has. But I've been listening and learning and will succeed at this challenge as I have done all others so far. This journal, for instance, Durias told me that all commanders should have one to write their thoughts for posterity. He showed me his and even allowed me to read some passages from it. I was deeply honored. Tomorrow is day 5 of the campaign, but for me, it is only day 1. I have been given the honorary rank of Shield-Bishop. It is my responsibility to defend the people and their faith. It is time I started doing just that.
--- Shield-Bishop Huni, faithful of Irori

Strategy: Standard
Tactics: Standard
Melee: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Sovereign Court

“Floria Avernathus” | Female NG Medium Human Psychic 6 | HP 41/41 | AC 20 / 13 T / 18FF | CMD +0 CMD 12 | F +6, R +5, W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +5 SM +3 |Speed 30ft | Spells 1st:5/8, 2nd: 5/7; 3rd 3/4 Detect Thoughts SLA 1/1; CI bolts 36; Phrenic Pool 2/5; Dark Half 4/8 Reach Rod 3/3| Active Conditions: Ant Haul, shield, reroll used

I don't like the look of those spiked fortifications, Floria remarks to Entrigan as they receive reports from their scouts.

"We'll need to talk to the Opparan horse units, all those seventh sons vying for glory are likely to charge themselves to death. We can toast Taldor when we win, rather than shortly before we impale ourselves on poisoned spikes"

Floria is settling in to her role as grizzled veteran of a single battle. She looks thoughtful for a second before a flash of inspiration crosses her face and she almost drops her brandy.

"Who was that red-haired commander that called you a fatuous nincompoop when you knocked over the beans at breakfast? A Flatulent Fustilarian did he say? He had a way with words."

She ignores Entrigans aborted protest

"Go fetch him. Let's see if we can't bring them out of their cubby-holes"

Going for the tactic: Taunt and strategy: standard against the green cultists

Your mother was a hamster!: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

Dark Archive

LG M Dwarf Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 5 - HP 44/44 - AC 21+4, T 11+4, FF 20+4 - F+7*, R+3*, W+7* - Init: +1 - Perc +10 (DV, SC), SM +10 - Smite Evil 1/2 - Lay on Hands (2d6+4) 3/4 - Divind Bond 1/1 - Lesser Restoration 1/1 - Liberating Command 1/1 - Active Conditions: Smite Evil

Alrik overhears Floria’s choice of words...

”Yee have a way wit the words lass! Me thinks me and my lot will tag along wit ya and see what we kin find!”

Strategy: Aggressive
Tactic: Taunt (if it doesn’t stack with Floria’s Taunt, then he will use Standard Tactics)
Plus use Weapon Specialization bonus...

Attack vs Green Cultists: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 24


You can taunt the same army, but they don't stack, per se... the taunt effects only affect its attacks/defense vs you. So if both of you taunt the same group, it gets the negatives vs each of your armies (instead of just one)

Silver Crusade

Want to try PbF on RPGG? Check out my profile for more info!
EM±GM wrote:
You can taunt the same army, but they don't stack, per se... the taunt effects only affect its attacks/defense vs you. So if both of you taunt the same group, it gets the negatives vs each of your armies (instead of just one)

They get a morale check vs the Taunt effect (or something similar)? I guess, the dwarves will Taunt if Floria's Taunt fails. Otherwise, Standard Tactics.


Sorry for the delay guys... been pretty much constantly online remote desktopped into work for an upcoming build release. Haven't had much time to do more than short responses.
Just got offline now (from 7 am this morning! Ick)
Hopefully will get at least the start of all this tomorrow morn. I can't imagine it lasting long. =)

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

Strange times call for strange measures. Take what time you need.


Gah, things didn't free up as I'd hoped... going to push this through anyway damnit! Stupid fight isn't supposed to be in real time!

GM Screen:
Morale vs Kara: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Morale vs Floria: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Morale vs Alrik: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

ranged vs Sangkip: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 2 = 22
melee vs Sangkip: 1d20 + 3 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 6 + 2 = 23
melee vs Sangkip: 1d20 + 3 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 8 + 2 = 22

As a reminder, when making an attack, please indicate who you are targeting! Just picking whoever makes sense for those few that forgot to this time.

As the amassed forces of the Army of the Open Road approach Silvershore, there is strangely little response. You her the occasional scream, quickly muted, and for a while, as you first start out, there is a low thrumming chant from the northern side of town, though as you close, it too goes away. There is definitely something in the air, the calm before the storm if you will. Both sides nervous, and perhaps eager, to finally see it resolved, one way or the other.

The roar of the dwarven siege engines break the mood first. Heavy ballista lancing across the desolate open field outside the town, sinking into stone and wooden barricades alike. Immediately men start hauling on long hemp cables attached, and soon parts of walls, and makeshift barriers, are tumbling outward, leaving numerous gaping holes in the enemy's defenses.

The dwarves follow their ballista with numerous smaller ranged weapons, a hail of missiles raining down on decrepit buildings, but none of them seem to find any targets, bouncing off the stones to no effect.

The cavalry units quickly take up the lead, racing across the open space, aiming for the newly created gaps. Not to be outdone, the Taldan forces give chase, having no intention of being viewed as being anywhere but the forefront... for Taldor!

Their commanders quickly rein them in, all of them trying to draw the enemy out, rather than charge forward into the darkened streets beyond the barriers without thought.

The kelid mammoth riders seem far more interested in stomping the last of their foes into the cursed earth. Sangkip's smaller troupe follows the others, but the kelids themselves seem to be shouting at each other, and banging their spears on shields, working themselves into a proper battle frenzy.

All of them are met by a hail of eldritch missiles! Blackened balls of magical energy launch from small gaps and slits all along on the northern and southern edges of the village, the vast majority of them aimed at the kelids and their shaggy giant mounts! Where they strike, skin starts to burn and peel away, and those struck scream in sudden intense pain... though it seems to do little but make them even angrier!

Alessio's ranged attacks miss!
The responding ranged attack does 9 damage to the Mammoth Riders

But the one opening salvo seems all they have, and the Pathfinder armies finally close the gap, moving into the streets beyond.

Kara's crusader's attempts to draw the defenders out into the streets seems to do little good, all they glimpse are dark shadows racing down dusty alleyways, or across broken rooftops. But even then, those occasional shadows are quickly run down, and trampled into the dirt. Huni has his men men stick with Kara, the mendevian troops working well together. But he too has little luck ferreting out the enemy, only picking off a few as they work their way through the town.

Floria's units try similar tactics, and Alrik has the dwarven pikemen follow them closely, to protect the mounted riders in the close quarters. Though the dwarven taunts prove ineffective, Floria is able to draw a number of them out, and before they realize their mistake, both the Taldan's and Dwarves are on them.

The mammoth riders however, are out for blood. The ranged volley of magic making them even angrier, as the kelids push their mounts through the narrow streets, towards the source of those attacks.

Unfortunately, that seems to be what most of the defenders were planning on. Even as the ruins naturally start to separate the large mammoths, and slow their progress. Teams of cultists start appearing along the roofs and upper stories of the buildings, attacking the riders directly, where their mounts can barely move their heads from side to side. At the same time, spiked pits and thorned barriers start to open up below and drop down from the sides, further hindering Sangkip's troops. By the time they get clear of it, and reach the southern garrison, they have sustained heavy damage.

(The Mammoth Riders take another 19 damage from the cultists aggressively dirty tricks!)

Of course, that doesn't stop them from stomping on the garrison itself. In fact, it seems to motivate them, those kelids still able to fight, leveling the entire corner of the town in their fury. Now there's just those ones on the north side of town!

Almost half the opposing armies are destroyed after the initial engagement!

Green is destroyed! Pink cultists and the tieflings still active

-- Engagement: Silvershore, Day 6 (tactics/combat), Round 2 --
Kara (mendevian cavalry)
Floria (army of exploration)
Huni (mendevian warpriests)
Sangkip (mammoth riders) (-28)
Alrik (dwarven pikemen)
tiefling garrison (-9), pink cultists (-10), green cultists

The attack on Silvershore continues!

Alessio, need another soldiering roll, and another 1d4 for the siege weapons

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

prof soldier: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
siege roll: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Commanders log day 6:

Long day yesterday. I hate to go to bed angry. Failed execution on most fronts. I blame myself. New day. Have to get these troops in line. We won't spend as much time setting up the ballista so we may have a better chance now that they've had some practice. Skipped breakfast to get out to the troops and start the attacks early today.

Strategy: Aggressive. Tactic: Standard

ranged attack, DV 14: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 = 29

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue (Knifemaster, Scout) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 25, T 18, FF 19 | F +5, R +13, W +6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 | Vanish 0/3

Sangkip begins herding his Kellids back into some form of order, or at least a single stampede as they wheel and crash back into the tieflings' ranks!

Shifting to Aggressive, Rage is over
Melee (Aggressive, Cavalry Experts): 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 2 + 2 = 25

Grand Lodge

Female Taldan Half-elf Wizard/5 (HP 37/37 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 MageArmor+Shield 20/12/18 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+8 | Perc:+6 Low-light | Move:30ft) | Ranged Touch +4 (as spell/20x2) Crossbow +5 (d8/19-20x2) | FM 6/6
Skills:
Acro +3 Blu +1 Dip +1 DD +3 EA +2 HA +2 Inti +1 (Arcana) +7 (Dung) +7 (Eng) +7 (Geog) +7 (Hist) +7 (Local) +7 (Nature) +7 (Nobil) +7 (Planes) +7 (Relig) +7 Perc +6 Ride +2 SM +3 SC +14 SoH +3 Stlth +2 Surv +1 Swim +0 UMD +6
Aragostina:
Tiny Female Vermin (Greensting Scorpion) (HP 18/18 | AC:21 T:15 FF:18 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+4 Improved Evasion | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Sting +7 (1d2-4/20x2 + poison DC10

Kara, on horseback, exhorts her cavalry to finish the Pink cultists.

Our enemy is weak, and they know they're weak! They hide from us, and sneak in the shadows like so many rats scurrying from housewives. Let them sneak and scurry and scuttle and crawl, while we pound them under hoof!

A great cheer erupts in response. Kara points to the enemy and addresses them directly.

Scurry! Hide! Scuttle! Run! Fear! FEAR! FEAR!, for the Mendevian Knights are upon you! And you shall die a worthless death, impaled by lance and trampled underhoof! CHAAAAARRGE!

Shifting to Standard strategy, Standard tactics, and Challenge to Pink.

Melee vs Pink, Challenge: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 2 = 24

Sovereign Court

“Floria Avernathus” | Female NG Medium Human Psychic 6 | HP 41/41 | AC 20 / 13 T / 18FF | CMD +0 CMD 12 | F +6, R +5, W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +5 SM +3 |Speed 30ft | Spells 1st:5/8, 2nd: 5/7; 3rd 3/4 Detect Thoughts SLA 1/1; CI bolts 36; Phrenic Pool 2/5; Dark Half 4/8 Reach Rod 3/3| Active Conditions: Ant Haul, shield, reroll used

Floria screams "SAVE THOSE MAMMOTHS!", and after receiving a less than enthusiastic response, explodes a passing cultist's head and continues: "YOU HEARD ME!"

Changing strategy up a step to aggressive and targeting the tieflings

DIE ABYSSAL SCUM: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 11 + 2 = 30

Scarab Sages

Human Warpriest 6| AC 21/23 T 13 FF 18/20 | HP 46/46 | F +7 (8) R +5 (6) W +9 (10) | Init +2 | Perc +3| Blessings 6/6 Fervor 6/6 Sacred Weapon 6/6 Channel Energy 3/3| Lvl 2: 4/4; Lvl 1: 5/5 Orizon: 5/at will

Huni orders the priests to help with the pink cultists.

Strategy: Standard
Tactics: Standard
Melee: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


Oy, ok... don't think I need more of an ass whupin'

Oh, and this fight is all the same day... if it matters

GM Screen:
1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 2 = 19

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

As the defenses start to break down, and fighting breaks off into smaller battles, all across the town, the Pathfinder troops can sense the desperation in their foe.

The siege engineers continue their bombardment, though quickly realize that they have already destroyed the more easily targetable barriers. Only a few more defenses fall.

But the remaining garrison have divulged their position now, with the Mammoth's trampling over the southern contingent, only the northern ones remain, and the dwarves soon concentrate their fire in that direction. The attack is devastating, forcing the remaining tieflings to turn their eldritch attacks on the dwarves, if only to break up the barrage by making them take cover.

The Dwarven Siege Masters will take 5 points of damage

The mendev troops, horseman and warpriests alike, continue to battle the cultists, making short work of those remaining, trying to do their hit and run tactics. But they appear to have no more tricks up their abyssal sleeves. There numbers too fractured to act as more than a speed bump. And they are easily dispatched, and routed, barely any fight left in them.

The Taldan's and pikeman join the kelids as they storm their way towards the northern side of town, towards the remaining garrison troops. Their combined might descends on the remaining tieflings like the wrath of whichever gods had nothing better to do that day. The pikemen making short work of any enemy that tries to use the terrain against the mounted foes... and the horseman, and mammoth riders running down any that don't run fast enough... and a few that do.

The battle is over before the sun hits its zenith, not that you can tell, as dark, purplish clouds have started to move in, the land growing darker and darker all around, despite the time of day.

But the victorious Army of the Open Road seem impervious to such things, as cries of victory go up, all across town.

Silvershore has been secured, the first engagement won!

Now all that remains is to battle your way to Jormurdun.


Silvershore secured, the dwarven engineers immediately get to work rebuilding some of the barriers and barricades they only just finished tearing down, as well as adding in new ones.

The remaining forces spend the next few days securing the area, chasing down, or off, any remaining stragglers.

All PC armies will recover any lost hp's, while the town is secured and fortified.

Over the next four days, the wounded are treated and most manage to recover, ready to fight on. Supply lines are set up, from the Base Camp, to Silvershore, and then from Silvershore, to the forward forces, when the head out, for the next leg of the assault.

Now, you have to move north, into the jagged foothills that separate the Sarkorian Steppe from the Tusk Mountains and foul marshes of the Frostmire. The maps you have, show mazes of narrow valleys, ripe for ambushes, and numerous vantage points where the enemy can attack from above. Your enemy will know the territory better than any of your maps can guide you, they will have a distinct advantage, but you can see no other way through.

Already scouts are reporting back, of even greater, and more dangerous forces coming down out of the Wolfcrag Mountains. Not just corrupted humans, or tainted tieflings... but hoards of actual demons, and things much worse. You even start hearing reports of terrifying abominations, apparently stitched together from demonflesh, working in concert with the abyssal armies, and you feel a uncomfortable chill.

You recognize the descriptions of these new enemies from experience. It could only be the handiwork of the traitorous Thurl... though you had no idea he'd be capable of creating numbers you are hearing about... unless he has created a new, and even larger lab somewhere. You don't want to think about what horrors might lay there.

-- Engagement: Jormurdun, Day 11 -- Will begin tomorrow! Get some rest!

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

In the days spent in the captured Silvershore Alessio will seek out his companions between the ongoing construction of fortifications.

Perhaps we can meet at a celebratory meal...

Alessio tries to maintain his steely resolve but it has been a long time between the series of deadly missions and our meeting after these battles. It is very good to see everybody. The days that come will be true tests. I trust you've all been well.

Scarab Sages

Human Warpriest 6| AC 21/23 T 13 FF 18/20 | HP 46/46 | F +7 (8) R +5 (6) W +9 (10) | Init +2 | Perc +3| Blessings 6/6 Fervor 6/6 Sacred Weapon 6/6 Channel Energy 3/3| Lvl 2: 4/4; Lvl 1: 5/5 Orizon: 5/at will

After the victory, Huni finds that the war-priests treat him with greater respect and he can go nowhere without his three bodyguards/assistants.

"A fine meal would do me well." Huni asks about the House of Reflection. He doesn't like the idea that the enemy could possibly have a stronghold so close to their own.

Grand Lodge

Female Taldan Half-elf Wizard/5 (HP 37/37 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 MageArmor+Shield 20/12/18 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+8 | Perc:+6 Low-light | Move:30ft) | Ranged Touch +4 (as spell/20x2) Crossbow +5 (d8/19-20x2) | FM 6/6
Skills:
Acro +3 Blu +1 Dip +1 DD +3 EA +2 HA +2 Inti +1 (Arcana) +7 (Dung) +7 (Eng) +7 (Geog) +7 (Hist) +7 (Local) +7 (Nature) +7 (Nobil) +7 (Planes) +7 (Relig) +7 Perc +6 Ride +2 SM +3 SC +14 SoH +3 Stlth +2 Surv +1 Swim +0 UMD +6
Aragostina:
Tiny Female Vermin (Greensting Scorpion) (HP 18/18 | AC:21 T:15 FF:18 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+4 Improved Evasion | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Sting +7 (1d2-4/20x2 + poison DC10

Huni, your warpriests may be the only force among us who can handle the House of Reflections. My knights encountered many powerful undead, more powerful than our weapons were equipped to handle.

Kara smiles at Huni.

And it is good to see you alive and well, my friend.

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue (Knifemaster, Scout) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 25, T 18, FF 19 | F +5, R +13, W +6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 | Vanish 0/3

Sangkip trivially slips away from his minders when he wants a quiet word, appearing with the choicest elements of all of the officers' victory feasts.

"Sounds like some other schmuck's problem to me, Kara. Let's not borrow any more trouble than we can afford, eh? Besides, who's more likely to have horribly murdered enough people to create a fullblown necropolis - the paladins or the demons? If they decide to involve themselves, I bet we'll at least have time to run."


GM Screen:
Alessio Init: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Alrik Init: 1d10 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (10) + 1 - 3 = 8
Floria Init: 1d10 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 2 = 11
Huni Init: 1d10 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 - 1 = 2
Kara Init: 1d10 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 1 = 14
Sangkip Init: 1d10 + 3 - 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 - 3 = 10

init D1: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
init D2: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
init D3: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
init D4: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
init S1: 1d10 ⇒ 4
init S2: 1d10 ⇒ 9
init H: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

The Army of the Open Road has fortified Silvershore, and it now serves as an anchor for supply lines back to the Realms of the Mammoth Lords.

It is time to take the fight north, towards Jormurdun.

It is the eleventh day of the campaign, when the sun rises in Silvershore. It has been raining, constantly for the past two days... at least you try to tell yourselves it's just rain. The substance smells like rotting blood, and numbs the flesh where it touches. Everyone's dreams have been haunted by disturbing nightmares since it started, and after two straight days of it, nerves are on edge, and lack of restful sleep is starting to take its toll.

The reports of the amassing armies to the north have grown more and more urgent. Already there are reports of hundreds of dretches moving along the edge of lake, north of the House of Reflections, and almost a thousand more pouring out of the foothills north of that, and the swamps to the east. Hundreds of spite demons are said to be assembling in Sabertooth Vale to the northeast and out of the mountains, not far from Jormurdun itself, hundreds of Thurl's demonic stitched abominations have been spotted... their screams of pain and howls of anguish echoing through the valleys and chasms of the Wolfcrags like a demonic wind.

If you wish to reach the dwarven Sky Citadel, you know you'll have to defeat them all!

-- Engagement: Jormurdun, Day 11 (movement)--
Kara (mendevian cavalry)
Floria (army of exploration)
Sangkip (mammoth riders)

Alrik (dwarven pikemen)
stiched horror army
cyan schir army, purple dretch army
Alessio (dwarven siege engineers)
blue schir army
yellow dretch army, black dretch army, green dretch army
Huni (mendevian warpriests)

Game on! The mounted Pathfinders are the first to maneuver! (pure coincidence!)

You all start in the Silvershore hex. Moved the tokens to the side so they weren't all stacked up and hard to select

Once again, Alessio, will need a profession soldier roll from you each day (including this one)

We're now on Slide 4

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue (Knifemaster, Scout) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 25, T 18, FF 19 | F +5, R +13, W +6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 | Vanish 0/3

Sangkip leads his equally hirsute allies in a path well clear of the House of Reflection, hoping to tempt the nearby dretches into an early battle.

Grand Lodge

Female Taldan Half-elf Wizard/5 (HP 37/37 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 MageArmor+Shield 20/12/18 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+8 | Perc:+6 Low-light | Move:30ft) | Ranged Touch +4 (as spell/20x2) Crossbow +5 (d8/19-20x2) | FM 6/6
Skills:
Acro +3 Blu +1 Dip +1 DD +3 EA +2 HA +2 Inti +1 (Arcana) +7 (Dung) +7 (Eng) +7 (Geog) +7 (Hist) +7 (Local) +7 (Nature) +7 (Nobil) +7 (Planes) +7 (Relig) +7 Perc +6 Ride +2 SM +3 SC +14 SoH +3 Stlth +2 Surv +1 Swim +0 UMD +6
Aragostina:
Tiny Female Vermin (Greensting Scorpion) (HP 18/18 | AC:21 T:15 FF:18 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+4 Improved Evasion | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Sting +7 (1d2-4/20x2 + poison DC10

Kara travels with Sangkip, hoping that strength in numbers will allay any lurking ambushes.


The Mendev Cavalry and the kelids ride ahead once again, this time hoping to draw some of the nearer demonic armies out. They can see the hoards of dretches north of the lake, though they seem to be constantly moving in clouds of noxious gasses, so its hard to pick out individuals... just a massive sea of bloated lurching forms.

Reports return of the schirs having all reached Sabertooth Vale, where they seem to be massing, the reasons for which you're not sure.

When you learn the stiched horrors seem to be heading that way as well, it makes you even more concerned.

OK, delaying Floria and Alrik for a bit, to keep this first part moving.

-- Engagement: Jormurdun, Day 11 (movement)--
Kara (mendevian cavalry)
Sangkip (mammoth riders)
stiched horror army
cyan schir army, purple dretch army
Floria (army of exploration)
Alrik (dwarven pikemen)
Alessio (dwarven siege engineers)

blue schir army
yellow dretch army, black dretch army, green dretch army
Huni (mendevian warpriests)

Bold can go (Floria, Alrik, and Alessio)

Grand Lodge

Male Human Alchemist (chirurgeon, wasteland blightbreaker) 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 21/14/17 | F+7 R+9 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +7 | Bombs: 10/10 | Active Conditions: None

prof soldier: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Commanders log day 1, tour 2:

It was good to see everyone. I am refreshed for the company. We have restocked and set out once more to finish the job and secure Jormnundur. The troops are in good spirits and we have made good time so far. Breakfast was eggs and bacon with coffee.

Sovereign Court

“Floria Avernathus” | Female NG Medium Human Psychic 6 | HP 41/41 | AC 20 / 13 T / 18FF | CMD +0 CMD 12 | F +6, R +5, W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +5 SM +3 |Speed 30ft | Spells 1st:5/8, 2nd: 5/7; 3rd 3/4 Detect Thoughts SLA 1/1; CI bolts 36; Phrenic Pool 2/5; Dark Half 4/8 Reach Rod 3/3| Active Conditions: Ant Haul, shield, reroll used

Floria orders her troops to hang back and protect their artillery units against any sneaky demonic incursions

Moved one space to stay with Alessio's troops

Dark Archive

LG M Dwarf Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 5 - HP 44/44 - AC 21+4, T 11+4, FF 20+4 - F+7*, R+3*, W+7* - Init: +1 - Perc +10 (DV, SC), SM +10 - Smite Evil 1/2 - Lay on Hands (2d6+4) 3/4 - Divind Bond 1/1 - Lesser Restoration 1/1 - Liberating Command 1/1 - Active Conditions: Smite Evil

Alrik follows with his dwarves while keeping a close eye on the nearby House of Reflections.


GM Screen:
1d100 ⇒ 7

Floria keeps the Taldan army back with the slower moving dwarven troops. Although none of them say it directly to her, she is pretty sure the decision to hold back while the mendev and kelid troops charge forward to battle, does not rest well.

Meanwhile, Kara and Sangkip's armies get exactly what they were hoping for, as hundreds of dretches surge ahead, as they sight mortal foes. Their misshapen forms loping across the barren terrain, without strategy or caution.

So many deformed demonic mouths, all howling for blood, is not one that either will forget any time soon.

At this point, only Huni left to go, and he can not affect the battle at this point, from movement.

So will go to combat between Kara, Sangkip, and the demons. Huni, you can move yourself a hex.
sadly, the dretches have pretty poor strategy =)

-- Engagement: Jormurdun, Day 11 (tactics/combat), Round 1 --
Kara (mendevian cavalry)
Sangkip (mammoth riders)
black dretch army

Cry Havoc!

Dark Archive

Male Vanara Unchained Rogue (Knifemaster, Scout) 6 | HP 45/45 | AC 25, T 18, FF 19 | F +5, R +13, W +6 | Init +7 | Perc +11 | Vanish 0/3

"Get in there! Don't give 'em a chance to get reinforcements - we've got 'em outnumbered for now!"

Melee (Cavalry, Reckless): 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 2 + 4 = 20

Grand Lodge

Female Taldan Half-elf Wizard/5 (HP 37/37 | AC:12 T:12 FF:10 MageArmor+Shield 20/12/18 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+6 | Init:+8 | Perc:+6 Low-light | Move:30ft) | Ranged Touch +4 (as spell/20x2) Crossbow +5 (d8/19-20x2) | FM 6/6
Skills:
Acro +3 Blu +1 Dip +1 DD +3 EA +2 HA +2 Inti +1 (Arcana) +7 (Dung) +7 (Eng) +7 (Geog) +7 (Hist) +7 (Local) +7 (Nature) +7 (Nobil) +7 (Planes) +7 (Relig) +7 Perc +6 Ride +2 SM +3 SC +14 SoH +3 Stlth +2 Surv +1 Swim +0 UMD +6
Aragostina:
Tiny Female Vermin (Greensting Scorpion) (HP 18/18 | AC:21 T:15 FF:18 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+4 Improved Evasion | Init:+3 | Perc:+4 Darkvision 60ft | Move:30ft) | Sting +7 (1d2-4/20x2 + poison DC10

Let's send these puddles of tainted flesh back to the hells they came from! No Quarter! No Bargaining! Fear, little demonlings, for the Mendevian Knights are upon you!

Target: black dretch army (natch!)
Strategy: Aggressive -2 DV, +2 OM
Tactics: Cavalry Experts
Challenge to bda +2 OM vs them, -1 DV vs anyone else

Melee, Aggressive, Cavalry Experts,Challenge: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 18

Scarab Sages

Human Warpriest 6| AC 21/23 T 13 FF 18/20 | HP 46/46 | F +7 (8) R +5 (6) W +9 (10) | Init +2 | Perc +3| Blessings 6/6 Fervor 6/6 Sacred Weapon 6/6 Channel Energy 3/3| Lvl 2: 4/4; Lvl 1: 5/5 Orizon: 5/at will

Was waiting for Huni to be in bold

Leading from the front, Huni keeps his troop with the others. He maintains a wary eye on the House of Reflection.


With a hue and a cry, the mendev cavalry and the kelid mammoth riders, charge towards the incoming hoard of demons. The demons seem to have no care for tactics, as they charge in with reckless disregard for their own safety, driven by some inner bloodlust.

GM Screen:
1d20 + 7 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 4 + 4 = 30

But even as the cavalry riders close, suddenly the entire field in front of them fills with noxious fumes! Vision and breathing become difficult, and men and horses find their advances suddenly halted, as they gasp for breath and the poisoned gasses weaken their bodies and resolve!

The Mendev Cavalry will take 13 points of ranged damage, and are poisoned (note: poisoned works like bleed, in that you will take some additional damage next round)

But charging horses and mammoths are still charging horses and mammoths. Despite the fumes, the two units crash into the front rank of demons with considerable force. The deformed fiends are crushed underfoot by the scores, quickly dispatched, but also leading to even more poisonous fumes expelling into the battlefield.

The fight quickly starts to dissolve into isolated skirmishes, as the demons, still with considerable numbers remaining, team up to pull riders from their mounts, or disembowel the mounts themselves. The gasses making it difficult for the Pathfinder forces to maneuver past them.

-- Engagement: Jormurdun, Day 11 (tactics/combat), Round 2 --
Kara (mendevian cavalry) (-13, poisoned)
Sangkip (mammoth riders)
black dretch army (-13)

2,551 to 2,600 of 2,862 << first < prev | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / EM - [PFS] Occasional Demons All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.