Adventures from Absalom

Game Master trawets71

A group of adventures set out to find fame and fortune from Absolom

Maps
Courthouse
Courthouse Upper Levels


401 to 450 of 492 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

Hello all are we still playing?


Seeing those in front of it withdraw the shadow approaches the one who unleashed positive energy at it and attacks.

Shadow v. Finngarth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 Str Dam: 1d6 ⇒ 6

The toys remain where they are. The party is up.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

Did the toys come down the stairs?

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

Sorry missed the toys stay where they are. "Kanna you want to come down?"


Female Human Monk (zen archer) || HP 7/10 (10/10 nonlethal) || AC 16/16 Tch/12 FF || F+4 R+6 W+4 || CMB +1 CMD 17/13 FF || Init +4 || Perception +2

Kanna will proceed to the bottom of the stairs. If the thing follows, she will take anohter magic stone if they are still active.


Cleric (Abadar) 1 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +6; (+2 vs Poison or Spells) | Init +1 | Perc +4

Still holding out the magic pebbles to Kanna, and the last to anyone who will take it, as he makes a withdrawal action down the stairs, behind the rest of the allies.

Withdraw should avoid an AoO's. There are two pebbles left, remember they are magic and do way more damage against undead, even if it is halved against a shadow.


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta keeps his crossbow out ready to shoot anything bad he thinks he can hurt with it.

"Does it look like anything is following you all down?" Volta calls out.


Female Human Monk (zen archer) || HP 7/10 (10/10 nonlethal) || AC 16/16 Tch/12 FF || F+4 R+6 W+4 || CMB +1 CMD 17/13 FF || Init +4 || Perception +2

Kanna will take a stone and if anything follows her down the stairs, she flings a stone at it.


As the group retreats down the stairs, Sir Rekkart approaches and asks, "What is going on up in Mord's room?" As he finishes, you all see the shadow move down the steps.


Female Human Monk (zen archer) || HP 7/10 (10/10 nonlethal) || AC 16/16 Tch/12 FF || F+4 R+6 W+4 || CMB +1 CMD 17/13 FF || Init +4 || Perception +2

Stone vs. shadow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 Damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 4) + 3 = 11


As Kanna's stone goes through the shadow, she blows you a kiss and a relieved sigh as she dissipates.

Sir Rekkart then approaches and say "May you rest in peace fair lady." He then looks at the group and says "That was the Mord's apartment up there, the scene of the murder. You may want to go search it."


Ianfir: Druid 1| AC 15, T11, FF 14| HP 8/11| F+3, R+1 W+7 | Init +3 | Perc +9 || Three Toes Wolf 1| AC 14, T 12, FF 12 | HP 12/12| F+5, R+5 W+1 | Init +2 | Perc +1 (scent, low-light)

Prepare yourselves for the animated toys, I believe they are still up there, Ianfir says preparing to head back up.


Cleric (Abadar) 1 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +6; (+2 vs Poison or Spells) | Init +1 | Perc +4
Nokayoma Kanna wrote:
[dice=Stone vs. shadow]1d20+5 [dice=Damage]2d6+3

Well done, Kanna!


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

Groff will carefully advance up the stairs, being quite unsettled by a foe he could not harm.


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

If no one else crowds the stairway, Volta will follow crossbow in hand.
"Backing you up Groff, if you can keep my line of fire clear."


Cleric (Abadar) 1 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +6; (+2 vs Poison or Spells) | Init +1 | Perc +4

Finngarth follows behind the others, ready to help against the toys if they are still animated.


You ascend the stairs again and as you reach the top you see this room is in shambles. A simple double bed is hacked to splinters, the mattress eviscerated of its stuffing and caked in dried blood. No attempt to clean up the slaughter that transpired here was made in the hurried trial of Mord and the flight of all staff from the courthouse. An eerie menagerie of blood-darkened wooden toys in the shapes of carriages, horses, knights, and wizards are strewn near a dark stain on the floor beneath a broken table. Nothing moves in the room.


Cleric (Abadar) 1 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +6; (+2 vs Poison or Spells) | Init +1 | Perc +4

Finngarth will begin looking around more closely, seeing if there is anything more of interest here. "This is where Mord's family died. I wonder if there are any cluse about what really occurred here. Poor Mord! It seems justice was not carried out but we are no closer to knowing why or who the killer may have been."

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Ianfir: Druid 1| AC 15, T11, FF 14| HP 8/11| F+3, R+1 W+7 | Init +3 | Perc +9 || Three Toes Wolf 1| AC 14, T 12, FF 12 | HP 12/12| F+5, R+5 W+1 | Init +2 | Perc +1 (scent, low-light)

Ianfir and Three-Toes keep on lookout for Finngarth and anyone else searching the room.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

::goes up the stairs and seeing the toys try to arrange the toys on their shelf:: At least someone could of had the decency to make this place a bit neater."


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

Groff will give it a close look.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta follows Groff and sees that it's as safe as it gets he checks out the room for any traps and secrets.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 - 1 = 21 Add +1 if a trap.

If any traps:
disable device: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15


As you search the room you find a set of keys and 10 Varisian silk scarves hanging on a rack next to the bed. Volta sets to search the bed and finds a knitting needle under it and a pouch behind the headboard containing 10 gp and 30 sp.

Nokayoma:
You might want to reread the vision you had on first entering the room.


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta calls out, "Hey found some items, does anyone care about this stuff, like a raging spirit?" Volta will show the stuff off to any that want to see it.


Female Human Monk (zen archer) || HP 7/10 (10/10 nonlethal) || AC 16/16 Tch/12 FF || F+4 R+6 W+4 || CMB +1 CMD 17/13 FF || Init +4 || Perception +2

"As we entered this room, I had a brief vision of a cloaked figure about to strike a woman seated in the rocking chair. Before he could strike her, she attacked with a knitting needle, injuring his cheek. He then grabbed an axe that was hanging here, on the hearth. That was all I saw. I bring this up only because that would explain the knitting needle."


Ianfir: Druid 1| AC 15, T11, FF 14| HP 8/11| F+3, R+1 W+7 | Init +3 | Perc +9 || Three Toes Wolf 1| AC 14, T 12, FF 12 | HP 12/12| F+5, R+5 W+1 | Init +2 | Perc +1 (scent, low-light)

Perhaps the needle will be of use toward harming the spirit. The axe likewise if the woman's spirit is just as unsettled.


Cleric (Abadar) 1 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +6; (+2 vs Poison or Spells) | Init +1 | Perc +4

"Who was the cloaked figure? If his cheek was injured, and he is the killer, then that would be pretty easy to identify now, wouldn't it?"

Finngarth makes a show of checking everyone's cheek for an old injury.


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta looks around to see if anyone is more bothered or knowning about these revelations than most of the rest.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 7 - 1 = 19 Anyone more suspicious then usual?


Volta looks over every here and senses nothing out of the ordinary.


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Did Finngarth note anyone with an old cheek injury?

Volta replies to Ianfir, "Don't know but worth a shot I suppose. Anyone want the knitting needle? I'd rather not get that close to someone big and murderous right now."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

"I'll put the needle in a bag so it's not easy to get to, if no one minds."


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta happily gives the knitting needle to Seldion. "Good luck! If that has any meaning here ..."


Ianfir: Druid 1| AC 15, T11, FF 14| HP 8/11| F+3, R+1 W+7 | Init +3 | Perc +9 || Three Toes Wolf 1| AC 14, T 12, FF 12 | HP 12/12| F+5, R+5 W+1 | Init +2 | Perc +1 (scent, low-light)

Let's make our own luck. Let's not linger much longer, unless there is anything else here let's finish searching through the second floor. Ianfir suggests as he moves to return to the second floor and explore the door west of the stairs.


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

"Sure. " and he heads for the door.


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta follows Groff, "Yep, let's see what else is about, maybe some real answers can be found."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

"Good idea" Heads toward the stairs


Female Human Monk (zen archer) || HP 7/10 (10/10 nonlethal) || AC 16/16 Tch/12 FF || F+4 R+6 W+4 || CMB +1 CMD 17/13 FF || Init +4 || Perception +2

Kanna falls into line with the others.


Groff opens the door and sees a long narrow hallway that turns right at the end with a spiral staircase going up in the corner.


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

He heads in and looks around.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Down the corridor to the right is another long corridor with one door most of the way down on the right.


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta says, "Okay, Groff mind walking down the corridors and I'll watch out for traps and stuff. Check the door out but don't open it, until I'm sure and clear of it."

Perception: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 7 - 1 = 19 Add +1 if a trap.

If any traps:
disable device: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28


Groff walks down the corridor as it turns back and forth, hugging the outside wall. When he gets to the door Volta examines it and finds nothing amiss and nods to Groff to open it. This dark, dank room contains only a trio of couches and two large wooden cabinets.

Please move your tokens to where you want in the room.


Female Human Monk (zen archer) || HP 7/10 (10/10 nonlethal) || AC 16/16 Tch/12 FF || F+4 R+6 W+4 || CMB +1 CMD 17/13 FF || Init +4 || Perception +2

Kanna moves to investigate one of the cabinets.


Kanna opens the first cabinet in this room. He sees that two heavy crossbows rest on a rack with a case of 50 bolts underneath them, and four longswords and four daggers are sheathed here. Four sets of chainmail and light steel shields hang within as well. Eight potions rest in a vial rack here. Five sets of manacles hang on hooks within as well as two tanglefoot bags and two smokesticks.


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

"That's a lot of kit. " he grunts.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

"Wow lots of stuff, I can try to find out what the potions do and see what else I can find out."
Casts detect magic on the items in the cabinet.


Seldion casts detect magic on the potions and studies them for a few minutes. All are identical potions, Cure Light Wounds.Nothing else is magical.


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta studies any remaining cabinets to see if there are any traps and disables them if so, but allowing others to open them afterwards.

Volta nods at Groff's words and says, "The armory I presume then. Too much to carry."

He then taps the walls to see if there is a secret room, or passage.

"This seems like the kind of place that would have a concealed room or two. Or I'm just a really suspicious person."

Perception: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 1 = 25 Add +1 if a trap.

If any traps:
disable device: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

Perception: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 7 - 1 = 22 Add +1 if a trap.

If any traps:
disable device: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24


If you need any more rolls please just make them GM. Thanks.


Volta approaches the second cabinet and finds it locked. He quickly unlocks the door and waits for someone to open it while he examines the room. He finds nothing else out of the ordinary in the room.


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

I'd move my character to the room requested but I'm now a little unsure of what room we are in. Could you list that for me GM, thanks.

Volta looks around and see no one paying attention. He sighs and says, "Well if there is a horrible creature in this and it kills me and I eat your face, don't blame me." On that cheery note he assume a full defense with sword drawn, and gingerly opens the cabinet.

401 to 450 of 492 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Adventurers from Absalom All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.