Adventures from Absalom

Game Master trawets71

A group of adventures set out to find fame and fortune from Absolom

Maps
Courthouse
Courthouse Upper Levels


501 to 550 of 601 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

The only thing in the room is Ebin's corpse, no jurors are in this room any more.


As Groff gets up to see what the noise is about something colorful catches his eye in one of the desks. In one drawer he finds several red scarves
of Varisian silk. When he searches the rest of the desk he finds several debtor’s vouchers with Halgrak’s crude signature on them and a receipt for a string of 12 fire opals.

Shortly after Ebin's corpse falls to the ground the rest of the jurors arrive from downstairs.

Perception Groff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Perception Volta: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Perception Ianfir: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Perception Nokayoma: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Perception Finngarth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Perception Seldion: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

"Keep an eye on the corpse, see that it doesn't rise and try to kill us all." Volta continues, "We are not going to get any rest so if we run into any shades that can only be met with magic we are all dead; but we die anyway so I guess we need to keep searching for something that might help, very unlikely that may be."

"We only have a few hours before thirst and exhaustion will cause us to become ineffective so we need to move quickly. I suggest we go upstairs and get check the top area out first and then see if we can get anywhere else."

"What that you have there Groff?"


Female Human Monk (zen archer) || HP 10/10 (10/10 nonlethal) || AC 16/16 Tch/12 FF || F+4 R+6 W+4 || CMB +1 CMD 17/13 FF || Init +4 || Perception +2

"If it is your desire to live forever, you had best get accustomed to disappointment," Kanna notes sagely.


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

"Rather fine pickings for an abandoned building. " and he shows off what he found to his compatriots.


Cleric (Abadar) 1 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +6; (+2 vs Poison or Spells) | Init +1 | Perc +4

Finngarth admires the fire opals with hungry look. He has always been attracted to pretty stones. Being the god of commerce's follower, he examines the debt reciepts tha beark Halgrak's signature, looking to see what and who the late half-orc owed money for and to.

If no one else pockets the opals, Finngarth does, but he does it openly, not on the sly.


It's a receipt for fire opals not the opals themselves. You all have seen some recently, make a perception check everyone.

The debt notes say he owes the money to Alastir Wade, the mans desk they were found in.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Female Human Monk (zen archer) || HP 10/10 (10/10 nonlethal) || AC 16/16 Tch/12 FF || F+4 R+6 W+4 || CMB +1 CMD 17/13 FF || Init +4 || Perception +2

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta tries to focus and remember any fire opals around.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 7 - 1 = 22


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

"Oh yeah, there's a receipt or something too. "


As the rest of jurors shuffle around the corpse, Volta looks at Patrissa and sees a string of fire opals around her neck.


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta looks around and notices a fine string of fire opals adorning a lovely neck. He faces shifts as he seems about to speak and then turns away quickly saying nothing at all.

Hmm I've seen fire opals recently ... right on her neck. I should ... no I shouldn't. I don't believe in coincidence so those are likely the opals Halgrak bought. But I don't KNOW that she did anything wrong but at the slightest hint of an accusation and the insane vengeful spirits will kill her. I can't be a party to that.


Cleric (Abadar) 1 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +6; (+2 vs Poison or Spells) | Init +1 | Perc +4

Finngarth is less shy and more direct than Volta. "Where did you get those fire-opals fair lady? They are quite fetching and must have cost you a pretty penny. As a purveyor of fine gems, I am most interested."

His words don't accuse her, but his tone and manner most certainly do. Somehow this woman tricked poor Halgrak out of his gems.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

observes interaction between Finngarth and Patrissa intently


Just to be clear the opal receipt does not have any name on it.

Patrissa smiles as Finngarth asks about the fire opals she is toying with, "These old things? I've loved fire opals my whole life. This are from the family."

To dig much more out of her you'll need to roll diplomacy or intimadate. Sense motive can also be rolled for more information.


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

Groff trusts her, of course.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

hehe and I was thinking a 10 maybe


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta starts then looks resigned. Volta looks around waiting for the inevitable death of Patrissa.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 - 1 = 11 Looking for the signs of the unholy attack and staying out of its way, given that any heroics would be useless.


Female Human Monk (zen archer) || HP 10/10 (10/10 nonlethal) || AC 16/16 Tch/12 FF || F+4 R+6 W+4 || CMB +1 CMD 17/13 FF || Init +4 || Perception +2

Kanna is not quite ready to give up just yet. She keeps a close watch on Patrissa.


Volta keeps a sharp eye out for any danger but doesn't see anything.

Seldion:
You know she isn't outright lying but she is definitely twisting or limiting the truth somehow.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

::to Patrissa:: "Lady, for your own safety, it'd be best if you tell all about the opals."


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

"Why do you think she's lying?"

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

[b]"she's not lying, just not telling everything, her body language and eyes don't match with what she's saying.[/b}


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

"Oh. Well lady spit it out!"


Cleric (Abadar) 1 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +6; (+2 vs Poison or Spells) | Init +1 | Perc +4

Finngarth sighs. People are dying all over the place, and there is evidence about the fire opals, but the woman insists on making this more difficult than it needs to be. He asks as nicely as he can.

"Milady, sure there is more to the story. Please tell us what we need to know, so we can save you from the fate that has taken your fellow jurors, and will surely come for you in the end as well."

However, his exasperation must show on his face or in his tone, because the effect is likely not what he desires.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Maybe someone can add on a bit and get an aid bonus?


Female Human Monk (zen archer) || HP 10/10 (10/10 nonlethal) || AC 16/16 Tch/12 FF || F+4 R+6 W+4 || CMB +1 CMD 17/13 FF || Init +4 || Perception +2

"We cannot keep you safe is you are not forthcoming with us!"

Aid Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Between Kanna and Finngarth entreaties, Patrissa sighs "I guess it doesn't matter now, we're all going to die. The fire opals were a gift from my half brother, Alastir Wade to make certain Mord was convicted. I can be pretty convincing, when I want to be." She flashes a smile that melts your hearts, and then the light is gone from her eyes, "We're all going to die now, I don't know why you are here but those from the jury I understand."

Upon hearing her confession Sir Rekkart gasps and the yells out at her, "No it can't be! You tricked me into condemning an innocent man? You tricked me! You tricked me... Iomedae! I have failed you and renounce the gifts you have given me!" He seems like a shell of his former self now.

Killian just stands silently aside a smug look on his drunken face and asks, "What are you going to do now?"


Female Human Monk (zen archer) || HP 10/10 (10/10 nonlethal) || AC 16/16 Tch/12 FF || F+4 R+6 W+4 || CMB +1 CMD 17/13 FF || Init +4 || Perception +2

"Well, now we know why the jury is being targeted, at least. I still don't understand why we are here, except perhaps to act as witnesses to their punishment. Know this; if I can defend you against death, I will, but only to see that justice is done by the letter of the law. When we get free, you will confess your crime to the officials and accept your punishment."

She turns to Killian. "Were I you, I would not be so smug. You are in as much danger as the rest of us. Perhaps more, as I expect that you knew that Mord was innocent and went along with the verdict for what reason I cannot guess."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

::explodes verbally "FINALLY!! At least now we know the jury was influenced. Sir Rekkart don't hold yourself guilty as you were tricked. Is there anything else we should know?, So we can try to save the rest of the jury."


Cleric (Abadar) 1 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +6; (+2 vs Poison or Spells) | Init +1 | Perc +4

Finngarth is enraged to hear the woman's tale of deceit. "The entirety of civilization is built on the rule of law. The requirement of serving as a juror is holy, and you have profaned it with your greed! Abadar is horrified at your disregard for the pillar of justice. You should be ashamed, and have likely doomed all these men to die!" He falls to his knees praying to the god of justice for mercy on Rekkert and any others that were tricked into behaving so foolishly. He also prays for damnation on the vile woman.

"I have half a mind to offer you up to the vengeful spirits that haunt this place to save the rest of us! Your action deserve no less!"


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

Groff looks extremely angry and starts yelling at the lady "You put us through all this! You harridan!"


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta says tiredly, "What did you all expect? People don't usually volunteer for a horrible death. Crime were committed but justice is not being done here, it's all evil vengeance." Volta goes on, "Let's move swiftly then we have only hours at most before thirst and exhaustion will disable us. Let all of us go to the top, and then we run to the last rooms we could not check. Maybe, just maybe we can find something of use to end this nightmare before all are killed. In any case we have nothing left to lose." "Sir Rekkart! Having renounced your divine gifts, when we needed them the most, would you lead the way as a warrior to face what is likely your final battle against evil?"


Patrissia looks shocked as Groff accuses her, "Me? I didn't put you through this. Oh, I may be an an accomplice, but I didn't bring you here or any of us. I've got a hour to live at most, by my estimate so I've got nothing to hide. Most of the jurors had their reasons for convicting Mord, I only had to manipulate a few. I'll help you clean out this place as much as I can but my magic isn't that useful against undead."

Sir Rekkart shakes his head and says "I'm going to keep an eye on her and make sure she cause no more trouble. She needs to be turned over to the authorities and I'll do my best to make sure she is. Let's go upstairs and the search the rest of this place. We may find a way out of here."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

"right lets go" Heads toward the stairs up to the top


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

Groff takes point heading up the stairs.


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta follows Groff, looking out for trouble.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 1 = 25


Female Human Monk (zen archer) || HP 10/10 (10/10 nonlethal) || AC 16/16 Tch/12 FF || F+4 R+6 W+4 || CMB +1 CMD 17/13 FF || Init +4 || Perception +2

Kanna follows the others, bow at the ready.


A salt wind blows through this cold, openair tower. An old rust-covered bell hangs from rotting wood beams above, obstinate against the wind’s caress. The tower offers a rare vantage of Beldrin’s Bluff’s desolate environs. To the south, the cliff ends abruptly mid-block, a few sagging inns and shops still desperately clutching the edge of the rock. The old Absalom arboretum stands to the west, now an overgrown tangle of wild twisted trees, slithering vines, rank blankets of pulsating mold, and dark recesses from where alien eyes peek and then vanish only to appear elsewhere. The area of the ward beyond the arboretum is flooded with the sea’s backwash and old sewer water, and many of the buildings there have surrendered to water-rot. The sea churns in the distance and one lonesome gull cries against the night.

Init Groff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Init Volta: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Init Ianfir: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Init Nokayoma: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Init Finngarth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Init Seldion: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Init Enemy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Stepping through one of the openings you see a bird-like humanoid with broken rotting wings and an insectile head.

Ianfir goes first then the creature then the rest of you. If you don't like your marching order feel free to change it.


Cleric (Abadar) 1 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +6; (+2 vs Poison or Spells) | Init +1 | Perc +4

Any Knowledge to figure out what this creature is and/or anything about it?

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

I'm trying to stay out of melee combat, so hagin back at the rear of the party


Kn: Religion


Cleric (Abadar) 1 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +6; (+2 vs Poison or Spells) | Init +1 | Perc +4

Finngarth stares in horror at the insect-headed monstrosity on the belltower, his mind racing through his training in the Bank of Abadar, wondering if he was ever described such a foul beast.

Know Religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Maybe enough to know what it is, but unlikely to learn much about it.


Finngarth:
It's a ghoul stirge and it's touch can paralyze you, although elves are immune to it.


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

"It can die again. "

and Groff moves up to paste it with his dorn dergar.

power attack
to hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 damage: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta draws his rapier defensively and moves to allow any behind him to pass forward against the new enemy.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 Allow people to move past me without issues.


Female Human Monk (zen archer) || HP 10/10 (10/10 nonlethal) || AC 16/16 Tch/12 FF || F+4 R+6 W+4 || CMB +1 CMD 17/13 FF || Init +4 || Perception +2

"Alright, we're killing it. Fair enough."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

"I'll try to help out, but out of spells


Was waiting for Ianfir to go first but he hasn't posted so I'll bot him

Ianfir waits, ready to attack and when the creature approaches him he swings with his scimitar and hits the creature.

Scimitar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

The beast then attempts to retaliate.

Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1 Para length DC 13: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Fort Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

It barely touches him giving him some small scratches and he shakes off the after effect of the bite.

Groff moves around and whacks the beast with his weapon and it falls to the ground dead, again.

501 to 550 of 601 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Adventurers from Absalom All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.