Adventures from Absalom (Inactive)

Game Master trawets71

A group of adventures set out to find fame and fortune from Absolom

Maps
Courthouse
Courthouse Upper Levels


351 to 400 of 605 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta moves behind Groff, saying to the others, "Please check to see if our latest victim is about to rise from the dead to slaughter us, Groff and I can check out this staircase."

Use the rolls from above unless you want me to roll more, thanks.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

This room is in shambles. A simple double bed is hacked to splinters, the mattress eviscerated of its stuffing and caked in dried blood. No attempt to clean up the slaughter that transpired here was made in the hurried trial of Mord and the flight of all staff from the courthouse. An eerie menagerie of blood-darkened wooden toys in the shapes of carriages, horses, knights, and wizards are strewn near a dark stain on the floor beneath a broken table.

A shadow in the corner stirs ever so slightly, and then a dark woman, her hourglass figure wrapped only in scant red veils, steps forward into the room. Her jet-black eyes stir the soul with desire. As she moves closer, her head slowly splits at the seam of the axe blow that killed her, a slanted chop that opened her skull crosswise from temple to jawbone. A hellish collection of wriggling brain and gurgling fluids spews forth as she dances her Varisian twirl. Her hands now sport gory stumps in lieu of graceful fingers.

Nokayoma:
As you enter the room, a terrifying laugh rings in your ears as the cloaked figure raises a fist to strike the woman, still seated in her rocking chair. Before he can strike, however, she stands defiantly and lashes out with her knitting needle. The cloaked figure raises a gloved hand to its cheek. The glove comes away bloody, and then the figure reaches for a wood axe hung above the hearth as the woman recoils in horror. You are dazed for the first round

Init Groff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Init Volta: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Init Ianfir: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Init Nokayoma: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Init Finngarth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Init Seldion: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Init Enemy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Ianfir: Druid 1| AC 15, T11, FF 14| HP 8/11| F+3, R+1 W+7 | Init +3 | Perc +9 || Three Toes Wolf 1| AC 14, T 12, FF 12 | HP 12/12| F+5, R+5 W+1 | Init +2 | Perc +1 (scent, low-light)

Ianfir rushes toward the commotion and upon discovering the incorporeal horror he casts Shillelagh. Three-Toes moves and stands between the shadow and Ianfir.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

"What'd you all find up there?


Female Human Monk (zen archer) || HP 10/10 (10/10 nonlethal) || AC 16/16 Tch/12 FF || F+4 R+6 W+4 || CMB +1 CMD 17/13 FF || Init +4 || Perception +2

Kanna holds her hands to her mouth and suppresses a scream.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

::moves up and looks over Kanna's shoulder, shudders at the sight::"This is VERY BAD we need to solve the problem (on my turn of course)


Cleric (Abadar) 1 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +6; (+2 vs Poison or Spells) | Init +1 | Perc +4

Not sure where Finngarth would be in all this exploration. I'll assume he can just make it up the stairs with both actions.

Hearing the cries and alarm from up above, Finngarth trudges up the stairs, shouldering past the others and sees the dancing specter, holding up his holy symbol for protection. "Master of Scales protect us from this unquiet spirit!" he cries in alarm, trying to recall exactly what type of thing this could be.

Know Religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Everyone other than Volta and Groff is down a level. A double move gets you to the bottom of the stairs a full round run action to the top.

Finngarth:
Shadow. Two questions


Cleric (Abadar) 1 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +6; (+2 vs Poison or Spells) | Init +1 | Perc +4

DM Trawets:
I know shadows can only be harmed by ghost-touch weapons, and magic does half. Normal weapons none. Can I use that? Second would be channel resistance?


Finngarth:
when hit by spells or magic weapons, it takes only half damage from a corporeal source (except for channel energy) holy water can affect incorporeal undead. channel resistance +2 to will save. Feel free re read the incorporeal rules for a full explanation.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

thanks didn't know if I could get there, but moves to bottom of stairs


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

"What is it? Can I hurt it?"


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Sorry for absence massive cold this past week.

Volta looks about a bit confused as well, then seeing the apparition, echoes Groff saying, "Yeah, What Groff said, what do we do to this thing? It seems a manifest spirit and not happy at all." Volta will let anyone by him if someone comes up, as he clutches his Tankard of Cayden Cailean.


The dark sensual shadow continues it's enticing dance and as it moves next to Groff, takes a swipe at him,

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 STR DAM: 1d6 ⇒ 1


Cleric (Abadar) 1 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +6; (+2 vs Poison or Spells) | Init +1 | Perc +4

"It is a shadow. An undead ghost that is half solid and half shade. Normal weapons cannot harm it, but magical ones can, in small amounts. Positive energy and force are fully effective, as are weapons that have a ghost-touch quality, although those are quite rare."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

Sorta of crowded in the room?


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta says, "I'm useless here, there's nothing I can do to what?- the shadows ... whatever, I'll get out of the way."

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 Clean withdrawal from room, if possible.


Female Human Monk (zen archer) || HP 10/10 (10/10 nonlethal) || AC 16/16 Tch/12 FF || F+4 R+6 W+4 || CMB +1 CMD 17/13 FF || Init +4 || Perception +2

Kanna also withdraws from the room, as there is little that she can do here.


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

"Ugnh" he mutters as strength is sapped from his body.

As he can't do anything useful, he starts to back away.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

Backs away from the stairwell to let rest of party down "Well maybe it'll stay up there."


Ianfir: Druid 1| AC 15, T11, FF 14| HP 8/11| F+3, R+1 W+7 | Init +3 | Perc +9 || Three Toes Wolf 1| AC 14, T 12, FF 12 | HP 12/12| F+5, R+5 W+1 | Init +2 | Perc +1 (scent, low-light)

I'm going to regret this. Ianfir says stepping up to confront the shadow with his magical shillelagh. Three-Toes staying at Ianfir's side.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 162d6 + 5 ⇒ (2, 5) + 5 = 12


Ianfir walks up to the shadow and the quarterstaff goes right through the shadow and it seems a little less substantial. After he attacks it, three of the toys on the floor move to him and attack him.

Toy 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 Damage: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0 1 dam
Toy 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 Damage: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Toy 3: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 Damage: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0 1 dam

The shadow then reaches out and caresses his face and he feels the chill of the touch pulling out his strength.

Toy 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 Damage Str: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Party Up.


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

He used shillelagh, which counts as a magic weapon, he should have had an effect.

Noting something solid to hit, Groff swings his weapon at one of the toys.

to hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 but he's still a bit too rattled to hit anything

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

Yells out"Lure whatever it is down here, so we all can help out, if you really want to fight whatever it is.


Groff the glib wrote:

He used shillelagh, which counts as a magic weapon, he should have had an effect.

He did, that's why it's less substantial.

Groff tries to smash one of the toys and misses.


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

Ahh, didn't understand your meaning. My bad.


Ianfir: Druid 1| AC 15, T11, FF 14| HP 8/11| F+3, R+1 W+7 | Init +3 | Perc +9 || Three Toes Wolf 1| AC 14, T 12, FF 12 | HP 12/12| F+5, R+5 W+1 | Init +2 | Perc +1 (scent, low-light)

Ianfir returns the shadows aggression as he drives his weapon toward the shadow, hoping to jolt its resistance with the energy of life and nature.

Shillelagh: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 142d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 6) + 3 = 14


Ianfir misses the creature, barely.


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta takes a look at what's happening, feels his wounds, and decide to leave it all to the warriors to deal with.

Coming out of the stairwell Volta tells anyone left, "Hey, a bunch upstairs are fighting that shadow and evil toys, sadly not kidding. If anyone think they can help be my guest. Not much room though, I'm not sure that more can fit."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

"Yeah, that's why I yelled at them to lure it down here."


Cleric (Abadar) 1 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +6; (+2 vs Poison or Spells) | Init +1 | Perc +4

Finngarth spends the round casting magic stone on three pebbles he carries at all times. He then holds his hands out to anyone who wants to take one and toss them at the shadow. He steps back down the circular stair case a bit, leaving space for any who want to grab a stone and throw it at the shadow.

Each stone is treated as magical and gives a +1 bonus to attacks. 20' range increment if thrown, 50' if slung. The dmg is 1d6+1 but it does double-dmg vs undead so the dmg if hit is 2d6+2

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

Can we get up there?


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta walks all the way down to the main area, pulls out a crossbow and readies it.

"Well, may as well prepare for the next horror. If you can lure anything down here that would be helpful." Volta calls out.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

"what's up there Volta?


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta replies, "A shadowy spirit that Ianfir seemed to hurt a bit, three toys that started attacking him. It was crowded so I left so the better suited could deal with it. With no real ability to strike back at whatever is behind this, I do not see how we come of of this alive." Volta says the last a bit morosely.


The three toys attack Ianfir again, while the shadow continues her seductive dance, her fingers sliding though his armor and caressing his chest.

Toy 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20 Damage: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Toy 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Damage: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Toy 3: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Damage: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Shadow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 Damage Str: 1d6 ⇒ 1


Ianfir: Druid 1| AC 15, T11, FF 14| HP 8/11| F+3, R+1 W+7 | Init +3 | Perc +9 || Three Toes Wolf 1| AC 14, T 12, FF 12 | HP 12/12| F+5, R+5 W+1 | Init +2 | Perc +1 (scent, low-light)

Ianfir withdraws from the tussle with the shadow in the small room as he realizes he is outnumbered and not getting support here. Three Toes joins the withdraw hopping over the toys and the mess of the room.


Cleric (Abadar) 1 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +6; (+2 vs Poison or Spells) | Init +1 | Perc +4

Wow, I'd think that with channels and 3x 2d6+2 damage, we could've put a dent in it. Now I just wasted the spell that gives everyone the ability to hit it once.

Who is up in initiative?


I'm using block initiative, so it's they go you guys go. Ianfir has done damage to it, in fact it might be dead if he hadn't just missed it twice.


Female Human Monk (zen archer) || HP 10/10 (10/10 nonlethal) || AC 16/16 Tch/12 FF || F+4 R+6 W+4 || CMB +1 CMD 17/13 FF || Init +4 || Perception +2

Kanna realizes that there is nothing she can do here in melee. "Hand me one of the stones," she says.


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

Groff withdraws with Lanfir hoping to lead it to an ambush.


Cleric (Abadar) 1 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +6; (+2 vs Poison or Spells) | Init +1 | Perc +4

Finngarth hands a magically enhanced stone to Kanna, and holds his hand out to any who are brave enough to take one. He then calls forth the power of Abadar, who sees undead as restrictive to trade and the growth of economy. "Back tot he grave with you foul shade," he calls as positive energy fills the room.

Channel to harm, DC 11 Will for half: 1d6 ⇒ 5


The shadow draws back as the positive energy washes over it, but seems only slightly harmed.

WIll: 1d20 ⇒ 13


Female Human Monk (zen archer) || HP 10/10 (10/10 nonlethal) || AC 16/16 Tch/12 FF || F+4 R+6 W+4 || CMB +1 CMD 17/13 FF || Init +4 || Perception +2

Kanna flings a stone at the shadow, hoping to disrupt its energies.

Thrown stone: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 Damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 4) + 3 = 12


Kanna stone goes right through the shadow's chest, taking some of it's substance with it.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

It's still up the stairs aye?


Yes


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta looks around nerviously waiting for any chance to use his crossbow.

"Going to come down? Lots of people waiting to ambush if the horrors follow you."


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

Groff will continue to withdraw down the stairs.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

Stands back a bit to give room for people to get down the stairs

351 to 400 of 605 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Adventurers from Absalom All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.