Adventures from Absalom

Game Master trawets71

A group of adventures set out to find fame and fortune from Absolom

Maps
Courthouse
Courthouse Upper Levels


151 to 200 of 539 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

::hands scroll back to Finngarth:: "Maybe later I can find out what's on this scroll
What I'd figure out about the potions?


While the others get the body down Seldion determines the potions are: lesser restoration, bear's endurance and cure moderate wounds.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

anyone want to keep track of party treasure?


Ianfir: Druid 1| AC 15, T11, FF 14| HP 8/11| F+3, R+1 W+7 | Init +3 | Perc +9 || Three Toes Wolf 1| AC 14, T 12, FF 12 | HP 12/12| F+5, R+5 W+1 | Init +2 | Perc +1 (scent, low-light)

Ianfir moves to stand over the body examining him so any clues that might shed more light on whatever is happening here, A difficult and overbearing man, but not a man deserving of such a cruel and painful death. No one deserves this. I've heard undead making spawn of their victims, does anyone know if this might be something we should caution against now?

I've written the pots into party spoils on my character sheet.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

"A vengeful spirit perhaps? Hope that we're left alone."


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

"Didn't deserve it? Hmm. Maybe he did. "


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

"Deserved or not, it's more vengeance than justice. There was no justice in kidnapping those of us with no involvement is the original deeds. Volta turns to Seldion. "You seem to have some skill in magic, could this be more the work of a clever mage trying to make us believe that this is the work of a spirit? I still have trouble with a spirit kidnapping random bystanders and bringing us here. Seems too ... human."


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

"Don't like the whole business, but him getting his deserts I can abide. "

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

"Volta I'm not getting any sense of magic being involved as of right now. Guess it could of been a spell that was cast earlier, but nothing that seems active.

I assume my earlier detect magic would of given me a sense of anything magical near me.


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta, says, "Too bad, I was hoping for something more clear about our captor. So what do we do now? Continue sweeping the building for more clues? Interrogate those more those who had been on the jury before, which seems problematic? Any ideas or opinions?"


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

"Keep lookin"


Seldion wrote:

"Volta I'm not getting any sense of magic being involved as of right now. Guess it could of been a spell that was cast earlier, but nothing that seems active.

I assume my earlier detect magic would of given me a sense of anything magical near me.

You were in a different room the last time you cast detect magic so there is no way to know if there is anything magical in the courtroom currently.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

"But I'll try here again' ::casts detect magic in the courtroom:


With the body down on the floor the other jurors gather at the door to see what has happened but none enter the room. Seldion casts detect magic at the body and other than the three potions you have already collected there is something on Malgrim's body. As Volta checks the body he finds: a small vial (magic), gold cigar case filled with ten cigars and tools, mwk studded leather, silver tindertwig case, small necklace pouch filled with gold and silver teeth and retrieved from the rafters, Grindle-Slash (monogrammed mwk spiked chain).

Int DC 15:
You've seen someone recently that has silver teeth and one is missing, Ebin.


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

As he did with the stuff recovered from the desk, Volta lays out the objects found on some convenient table. Volta takes a look at the MW SL armor, looks at Malgrim's frame, then his own, then just sighs.

Int Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Volta seeing nothing else of interest turns to the others saying, "Well, a quality stuff here, but nothing all that helpful right now. So what room to check next?"


Cleric (Abadar) 1 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +6; (+2 vs Poison or Spells) | Init +1 | Perc +4

Finngarth looks over the loot taken from Malgrim, a bit disappointed there was nothing to help explain why they were here again. He nods to Volta. "Reckon we could get a pretty penny for those cases and teeth if we were to sell 'em. Take 'em for now, and if ye want the leathers, go ahead. Abadar sees no crime in taking items from the fallen, but to use them than to let them go to waste."

Can Seldion tell us what the potion is? Finngarth is not trained in identifying items.

Int DC 15: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

[ooc]assuming you're talking about vial[/b] Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20


Seldion casts detect magic and examines the vial for a moment and determines it is a potion of Cure Moderate Wounds.


Female Human Monk (zen archer) || HP 10/10 (10/10 nonlethal) || AC 16/16 Tch/12 FF || F+4 R+6 W+4 || CMB +1 CMD 17/13 FF || Init +4 || Perception +2

Int: 1d20 ⇒ 5

"I require nothing that the victim possessed. Let us continue with our investigation. I was not involved with the trial and it stands to reason that other among us were not as well. Yet some of us were. Might the spirit be seeking vengeance on those that wronged it somehow, and brought the rest of us here as witnesses?"

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

"Yes let's have we looked into the room across yet? {points to doors leading to room 3


Cleric (Abadar) 1 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +6; (+2 vs Poison or Spells) | Init +1 | Perc +4

Finngarth leads any interested persons to those doors and pushes them open looking about at whatever lay beyond.


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta shrugs but leaves the armor for now saying, "Maybe later, it would weigh me down, and given the size difference I'd have to have an armorer fit it to me, if that is even possible."

Volta follows Finngarth, looking past him into the room beyond if the door is opened safely.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 +1 if trap.


Much of the furniture in this old courtroom has been splintered into kindling. It looks like someone has ruthlessly smashed almost everything in the room. Beyond the carnage, the bench has been overturned and the jurors’ box is in shambles. The windows here are crisscrossed with heavy boards. Where the nails breach the plaster around the windows, rust stains seep like bloody wounds in the courthouse walls. The ceiling is a black expanse.

It is past sunset. What are you using for light sources?


Ianfir: Druid 1| AC 15, T11, FF 14| HP 8/11| F+3, R+1 W+7 | Init +3 | Perc +9 || Three Toes Wolf 1| AC 14, T 12, FF 12 | HP 12/12| F+5, R+5 W+1 | Init +2 | Perc +1 (scent, low-light)

Ianfir reveals a sling bullet from a pouch fastened to his belt and speaks a druidic word which illuminates the bullet, spilling light as if from a torch outward. The bullet glows with a heatless light to aid his human eyes with the falling sun and the retreating daylight.

Light spell


Cleric (Abadar) 1 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +6; (+2 vs Poison or Spells) | Init +1 | Perc +4

Finngarth leads the group into the ruined courtroom, looking about carefully to see if anything of interest is mixed up in the ruination.


As Finngarth steps into the room the ceiling begins to move and coalesce into a large mass of birds.

Init Groff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Init Volta: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Init Ianfir: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Init Nokayoma: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Init Finngarth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Init Seldion: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Init Baddies: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

I need a little help with the map. I need 2 ten by ten squares that you can see the tokens inside it. Every time I try I end up with a opaque square.


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

2 10' squares on the map for you to use


As the birds swarm into the hall, you notice something isn't quite right with them. Finngarth, Volta, Seldion and Kanna are engulfed in the birds and take Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1 and need to make a DC 11 Fort save or be nauseated for one round.

The party is up.

Kn: Religon DC 11:
Where the dead walk, the carrion birds follow. In most cases, the unfortunate birds that feast on the remains of fallen undead creatures simply grow diseased and die. Yet the flesh of some ghouls has an altogether different effect upon such scavengers, and when they die of the poisoned repast, they do not stay dead for long. Alone, an undead crow or vulture is little more than a hideous mockery, but in rare cases where ghoulish activity is thick, entire colonies of carrion birds can succumb to undeath, retaining their flock mentality yet no longer seeking the flesh of the freshly dead to sate their hunger. Carrionstorms, as these flocks of undead birds are called, find brief respite from their morbid hunger only when their meals are warm and screaming.

Sorry gang. I posted this the other day and was waiting for replies. When I checked today I see my post was lost.


Cleric (Abadar) 1 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +6; (+2 vs Poison or Spells) | Init +1 | Perc +4

Scraped by the swarming birds, Finngarth avoids being confused or sickened by the flapping of wings in his face, but he cannot parse anything about this swarm in his state to get out of the tangle.

Dodging through the ruined courtroom doors, Finngarth gets out fo the tangle of beaks, wings, and talons and catches his breath, taking a quick inventory of what he might have that is effective against such a challenge.

Darn, Finngarth has no AoE spells or weapons, so not much help as is.

DC 11 Fort vs nausea: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Know Religion DC 11: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

Having no better ideas Groff swings his weapon at the mass of birds.

power attack
to hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 damage: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Likely these are tiny swarm, so you can attack them with normal weapons for 1/2 damage


Female Human Monk (zen archer) || HP 10/10 (10/10 nonlethal) || AC 16/16 Tch/12 FF || F+4 R+6 W+4 || CMB +1 CMD 17/13 FF || Init +4 || Perception +2

Kanna stumbles from the mass of birds, trying to protect her face. Lacking AoE weapons, she is less than useless in this situation.


As Groff swings his weapon at the birds, those impacted are just moved aside.

You are correct about them being tiny. Bludgeoning doesn't do damage though.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

Fortitude: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 feeling quezy right now. "if I can get over being quezy I might have something to help'


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

As usual, I didn't bother to bring alternative damage type weapons. Bah.


Seldion, nauseated restricts you to a single move action, so you may move.


Female Human Monk (zen archer) || HP 10/10 (10/10 nonlethal) || AC 16/16 Tch/12 FF || F+4 R+6 W+4 || CMB +1 CMD 17/13 FF || Init +4 || Perception +2

Fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Bah! Waste of a good 20.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

::goes into full defense and backs up::

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

"Eww they smell bad'


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta bats the birds away trying to protect himself from the swarm of sickening birds.

Fort Save: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9 To be or not to be sick ...

Seriously nauseated by the birds, Volta tries to retreat.


Botting Ianfir
Ianfir attacks the swarm and then moves.

Ianfir Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Sir Rekkart Kn: Rel: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

The others move back to the other courtroom and shut the doors to keep the creatures out other than Sir Rekkart. He yells out "Iomadae lend me your strength to kill these evil creatures! These are undead Carrionstorm! They are vulnerable to positive energy!" He then attacks a swarm with his longsword.

Rekkart Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

The swarms then move forward engulfing Kanna, Groff and Sir Rekkart who swings at them as they move in but misses them.

Swarm Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Rekkart AoO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Creatures:
Swarm 1 6/11 Swarm 2 11/11

Party up.


Cleric (Abadar) 1 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +6; (+2 vs Poison or Spells) | Init +1 | Perc +4

As the paladin invoke his deity, and relates that the swarm of birds are a form of undead, Finngarth grasps his own holy symbol and calls forth as much positive energy as he can muster, directing it such that both swarms are in the target area. "Abadar, lord of law and order, let not these undead abominations continue to inhabit this place of justice. Send your divine power to cleanse them from here."

Channel Positive to dmg undead: 1d6 ⇒ 6

DC 11 Will save to make damage half. Not sure if this counts as an AoE which does extra damage to swarms, but will let you calculate the full damage, if any. Finn has 4 channels remaining this day.


Finngarth calls upon the power of his god and hearing him Abadar floods the area with divine energy. Half of the swarm disappears with the floor full of bird carcasses and what remains isn't anywhere near as dense.

Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Creatures:
Swarm 1 0/11 Swarm 2 2/11


Ianfir: Druid 1| AC 15, T11, FF 14| HP 8/11| F+3, R+1 W+7 | Init +3 | Perc +9 || Three Toes Wolf 1| AC 14, T 12, FF 12 | HP 12/12| F+5, R+5 W+1 | Init +2 | Perc +1 (scent, low-light)

Ianfir moves to the edge of the swarm and swings through with a scimitar he keeps handy, trying to make contact with as many zombie crows as he can with both hands on the hilt, and Three Toes chomps at the birds while remaining at Ianfir's side.

Mechanics:

Scimitar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 141d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Three-Toes Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 161d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


As Ianfir and Three-Toes attack the birds the rest of the swarm dissipates. There are dead again bird carcasses all over the floor and the stench of them is powerful.

Sir Rekkart smiles largely and says "Good job all of you! You've dispatched the foul creatures. Kanna, my lady, you have been hurt, let me help you." He lays his hand upon her shoulder and it glows dimly filling her with healing energies.

LoH: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Ianfir: Druid 1| AC 15, T11, FF 14| HP 8/11| F+3, R+1 W+7 | Init +3 | Perc +9 || Three Toes Wolf 1| AC 14, T 12, FF 12 | HP 12/12| F+5, R+5 W+1 | Init +2 | Perc +1 (scent, low-light)

Corrupting energy lingers here making such abhorrent undead creatures. Prey this spirit is not the cause of this, or I care not his injustice. Nothing excuses corrupting nature.


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

fort save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 Groff backs off, and puts away currently useless weapon.

"Where's that spiked chain?"


Female Human Monk (zen archer) || HP 10/10 (10/10 nonlethal) || AC 16/16 Tch/12 FF || F+4 R+6 W+4 || CMB +1 CMD 17/13 FF || Init +4 || Perception +2

"Thank you. That seems to be my lot today. I'm not usually this clumsy." Kanna admits as she is healed.


Cleric (Abadar) 1 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +6; (+2 vs Poison or Spells) | Init +1 | Perc +4

With the swarms of undead carrion birds dispatched, Finngarth looks through the rest of the ruined courtroom for anything of interest.


Sir Rekkart turns to Ianfir and says "Carrionstorms are formed from birds that eat the flesh of the undead. They congregate in places with restless spirits. Sir Groff, come and I will heal your wounds as well."

LoH: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Finngarth walks around the room and finds nothing out of the ordinary in the room. As he walks back into the hall the doors burst open from the other courtroom and Halgrak comes flying into the hall stammering "H.h.h.he he's g.g.g.gooooooone! Malgrim's corpse is gone!"

151 to 200 of 539 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Adventurers from Absalom All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.