Adventures from Absalom

Game Master trawets71

A group of adventures set out to find fame and fortune from Absolom

Maps
Courthouse
Courthouse Upper Levels


201 to 250 of 533 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta stumbles out and woozily looks up at Halgrak's words. "What, where was he last?" Volta goes looking for any clues to what happened and how.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 7 - 1 = 15 Look about for anything interesting.

Survival: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 6 - 1 = 25 Looking for any tracks or other signs of a body carried or dragged off.


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

"Hmm, maybe we should have left it hanging. Hope we don't see him walking again. "


Volta begins in the courtroom where they had left the body to look for signs of it's departure. All he can find is the mess of tracks everyone has left as they moved in and out of the room. He moves to the double doors and there he finds some interesting things. He sees where everyone moved across the hall to the other office and courtroom but he also finds some tracks leading from the entry doors into the courtroom they woke up in. One human male or bigger dragged 11 bodies into the courtroom in the last few hours! Finally after searching away from the doors he finds one set of fresh prints heading across the hall and into the room next to the office (6).


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta hunts around for a bit then note interesting tracks. "Hey there are tracks here! A big guy, maybe human or human like, dragged a bunch of bodies into the courtroom. Then there are fresh tracks the go from here to there." He points to the hall and then to the room next to the office.

He moves over to Finngarth and thanks him for the bespelling that did so much against the undead birds then quietly whispers to him, "I count only eleven bodies dragged to the court, I think it's one of the big guys here that did it."

Volta moves off the picture of cluelessness.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

"Can you tell how big was the person dragging?


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta replies to Seldion, "Not exactly, but at least a big as a large human male, or a very large human female. Could be a bit bigger but still fits into the building, so not giant sized."

Some assumptions there, I'm assuming that the GM would have mentioned any sign of the dragger being too large for the hallway i.e. like a six foot person trying to stoop to fit into a four four crawlway or less.


You can tell that the person doing the dragging was at least the size of a human male, but not a large size creature.


Cleric (Abadar) 1 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +6; (+2 vs Poison or Spells) | Init +1 | Perc +4

Do you mind giving us the cast of NPC's again? I admit to having lost track of who is who...


Dramatis personae

Halgrak Male half-orc
Ebin Male gnome
Patrissa Female human
Killian Male human
Malgrim Hurkes Male hobgoblin (currently deceased)
Sir Rekkart Cole Male human

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

"Thanks Volta trying to figure out if it was a large humanoid'


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta nods weakly as his now empty stomach growls. "Sure, no problem. Well I don't think whoever or whatever dragged us here care if we starve to death so let's get on with it."

Volta walk over to the door of the room next to the office (to 6). He checks the door carefully as well and if safe opens it.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 - 1 + 1 = 9 Check for traps on door.

If trapped or locked.

disable device: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33

If door opens, Volta peeks inside but doesn't boldly enter, he'll leave that for the dum- err brave heroes.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 - 1 = 10 Check the room out from the doorway. +1 if there is a trap.

Volta is prepared to bravely run away if something tries to eat him. If nothing does and the room looks safe he'll wave to the others inviting them in.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

"Same here I'll let those that are stu err like to wear armor go in first'


Volta examines the door and finds it unlocked and untrapped. He throws the door open and sees this room contains one long oval-shaped wooden table and twelve rickety, worn chairs. Razor-thin shafts of moonlight peek through one large window covered with rotting boards. Standing just inside the door waiting for someone to open it, is the corpse of Malgrim Hurkes. It attacks Volta dropping him to the ground.

Slam: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Init Groff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Init Volta: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Init Ianfir: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Init Nokayoma: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Init Finngarth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Init Seldion: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Init Malgrim: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Party other than Seldion up.

Ouch. Sorry Volta.


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Condition: Dying Status: Current HP, -3 Wisdom -1.

Volta opens the door waving brave heroes in as Malgrim slams into him in a violent and gory splay of blood. Volta bounces into the ground looking like he will soon join Malgrim in death/undeath, with the only sign of life in him is his continuing exsanguination which obviously will not last long.


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

Seeing his comrade dropped so quickly, Groff steps over his supine body and swings his weapon at the apparently already dead man.

power attack
to hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 damage: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


Groff steps in to aid the fallen Volta and sends the undead abomination back to the land of the dead.


Sir Rekkart reacts slowly to the attack but seeing what the undead Malgrim has done to Volta, rushes over and lays a hand on him. "May Iomadae grant this brave man the healing he deserves."

Lay on Hands: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

"What was that?!?" he grunts after dispatching the dead man.


Kn: Religon DC 11:
That was a zombie.


Cleric (Abadar) 1 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +6; (+2 vs Poison or Spells) | Init +1 | Perc +4

Finngarth is slow to respond but whistles in appreciation for the work of his brother dwarf. "Nicely hewn!" he cries as Groff does the heavy lifting for all of them. He goes over and inspects teh rest of the corpse, poking it with his hobnail boot. "It appears our friend Malgrim came back. The unquiet dead. This time a zombie, a mindless corpse animated to serve a powerful caster usually. Wonder if a caster is among us, unseen as of yet perhaps?"

Know Religion DC 11: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

anyway I can tell if there's another caster here? (besides party members?)


Female Human Monk (zen archer) || HP 10/10 (10/10 nonlethal) || AC 16/16 Tch/12 FF || F+4 R+6 W+4 || CMB +1 CMD 17/13 FF || Init +4 || Perception +2

Kanna prods the body with her foot, ensuring that it is well-and-truly inanimate. "Is it possible that the remains could be re-animated a second time?" she wonders aloud.


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

Not having thought of that angle, Groff exclaims "Crap!" and starts pummeling the body into goo.


Ianfir: Druid 1| AC 15, T11, FF 14| HP 8/11| F+3, R+1 W+7 | Init +3 | Perc +9 || Three Toes Wolf 1| AC 14, T 12, FF 12 | HP 12/12| F+5, R+5 W+1 | Init +2 | Perc +1 (scent, low-light)

I had a feeling he'd come back Ianfir groans when he sees everyone is going to recover.


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

[ooc] Condition: Injured Status" Current HP, +3/8 Wisdom -1

Volta eyes pops open as healing washes over him. Croaking, "Brave? he coughs, then takes his tankard Holy Symbol of Cayden Cailen and drains the mug of ale within, slaking his raging thirst from the blood loss he suffered.

Volta continues, "- more like damn foolishness. Takes to the Divine Drunkard for the fortune in haven such a dedicated hero nearby. Thank you Sir and thanks to the goddess you serve."

He looks around, saying with some heavy sarcasm, "We should check our provisions, I doubt our kind hosts, have seen to food and drink for us."

After dealing with that while, wheezing and grimacing about with noticeable injuries, Volta says, "Okay, What next?"


Ianfir: Druid 1| AC 15, T11, FF 14| HP 8/11| F+3, R+1 W+7 | Init +3 | Perc +9 || Three Toes Wolf 1| AC 14, T 12, FF 12 | HP 12/12| F+5, R+5 W+1 | Init +2 | Perc +1 (scent, low-light)

Ianfir turns to the surviving members of the jury that delivered the guilty verdict to what is now likely a hauntering murdering executuoner ghost and asks, Now that Malgrim can no longer overpower you with threats or his presence, do you want to change your answer about what really happened at the trial? Lying about how it was all normal didn't do Malgrim any favors, and if you all want to live to see tomorrow I recommend revising the topic openly now. If not for your life then to clear your conscience before visiting Lady Pharasma is the Boneyard.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

"Aye something's not on the up and up, and I've heard a rumor about the recently deceased being in charge of a gang of street toughs"


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

Groff fidgets a bit over the accusations against his mistress, but stays silent.


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta turns to Seldion and says, "What? An undead gang lord? and what connection do you see to here? Just there are undead or do you know something deeper?"

Volta then looks around at the other jurors, seeing how Ianfir's challenge is answered.


Female Human Monk (zen archer) || HP 10/10 (10/10 nonlethal) || AC 16/16 Tch/12 FF || F+4 R+6 W+4 || CMB +1 CMD 17/13 FF || Init +4 || Perception +2

Kanna says nothing, but watches the other members of the jury, hoping to spot some clue that will give someone away.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Sir Rekkart turns to Ianfir, "I've said it before, there was nothing untoward about the trial we took part in. I don't know how to make it more clear."

Sense Motive 20:
Sir Rekkart seems utterly sincere in his belief that the trial was not tainted in any way.


Cleric (Abadar) 1 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +6; (+2 vs Poison or Spells) | Init +1 | Perc +4

Finngarth has no reason to doubt the paladin, they are known for their truthfulness after all. "I'll buy what you are sellin', Rekkert, but then what do you think is happening here? All fo the jurors brought back, unquiet dead, ghosts and haunts. There is something wrong now, whether you knew it a the time or not. What could it be? Any of you?"

Finn is rather shouting by the time he gets down with this speech, his frustration evident.

Sense Motive DC 20: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Ianfir: Druid 1| AC 15, T11, FF 14| HP 8/11| F+3, R+1 W+7 | Init +3 | Perc +9 || Three Toes Wolf 1| AC 14, T 12, FF 12 | HP 12/12| F+5, R+5 W+1 | Init +2 | Perc +1 (scent, low-light)

Sense motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

This may be true of your belief Rekkart, but what of the rest of you? What happened that would make this spirit angry? Or would you have me believe Malgrim was hung on accident?


Female Human Monk (zen archer) || HP 10/10 (10/10 nonlethal) || AC 16/16 Tch/12 FF || F+4 R+6 W+4 || CMB +1 CMD 17/13 FF || Init +4 || Perception +2

Kanna shrugs, taking the man at his word.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

"could there of been some intimidation going on? Or maybe some evidence tampering that you all were not aware of? :looks at Halgrak Halgrak,Ebin,Patrissa,Killian, and Sir Rekkart Cole


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta is grateful to the paladin for his quick save from death but still wants to know what is up.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 7 - 1 = 23

Believing the Paladin Volta says, "And I also do not doubt your honor Sir but it appears, on the surface at least, that Malgrim was involved in some untoward way. Was there anything in how the case was argued or in the deliberations that brought up anything contentious or was the presented evidence open and shut with no defense."


Sir Rekkart sighs and replies to Volta, "Of Malgrim I would believe almost anything. I myself saw no intimidation of anyone nor any untoward behavior during the trial. As I have said many times there was nothing wrong with the trial." The others just stand and nod while Rekkart speaks.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

"Could Malgrim of done things before the trial? Like maybe make evidence disappear or witness intimidation?"


Sir Rekkart thinks for a moment and says "While anything is possible, I got the impression everyone was a bit surprised to see Malgrim in the courthouse and he was one of the last additions to the jury. I don't think he had the time to tamper with evidence and there were no witnesses."


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta says, "Well, that's interesting. Any tampering could have been done before hand but it's interesting there were no witnesses. What was the evidence that convinced you that the defendant was guilty?"


Cleric (Abadar) 1 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +6; (+2 vs Poison or Spells) | Init +1 | Perc +4

Finngarth listens to Volta's questions, thinking that the human is going down the same path he would be. While the questions continue, he watches the other jury members to see if anyone betrays emotion at the discussion .

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

::nods to Volta::"Maybe any witnesses were killed before the trial?"


Sir Rekkart says "He was convicted on the evidence presented in court. It was clear from that Mord went crazy and hacked his wife and son with his own axe."

If you want to try and get any information from any of the other people, you'll need to address them directly and make a diplomacy or intimidation roll.


Female Human Monk (zen archer) || HP 10/10 (10/10 nonlethal) || AC 16/16 Tch/12 FF || F+4 R+6 W+4 || CMB +1 CMD 17/13 FF || Init +4 || Perception +2

"An unpleasant way to die, to be sure. What was the evidence?"


Cleric (Abadar) 1 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +6; (+2 vs Poison or Spells) | Init +1 | Perc +4

Finngarth strokes his beard thoughtfully. "There is something here that just doesn't add up. I suggest we separate these folks who were actively part of the trial of Mord. We should interview each of them and see what they know. From that, without distractions, we might be able to put the pieces together of what happened, and why are back here with the unquiet dead."

If they all agree, he makes arrangements to move each of the former jurors to a separate corner of the room. Then starting with Halgrak the half-orc, he brings any of the others along to put pressure, friendly or otherwise, on them until stories come out.

Looking Halgrak directly in the eye, Finngarth says, "By the Holy Scales, tell us the truth of what happened. Without hearing the unvarnished facts, we may be stuck here forever. Help us help you, get out of here."

Finngarth diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

It is possible Halgrak just doesn't like dwarves...


Ianfir: Druid 1| AC 15, T11, FF 14| HP 8/11| F+3, R+1 W+7 | Init +3 | Perc +9 || Three Toes Wolf 1| AC 14, T 12, FF 12 | HP 12/12| F+5, R+5 W+1 | Init +2 | Perc +1 (scent, low-light)

Agreed. More answers are necessary and I don't think we should settle for casual general answers. Who wants to ask questions? You are not to be considered if you were apart of the jury, the only option jury members have is which one of you gets questioned first; any volunteers?


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

Not really one for talking, Groff will wander over to the window ( I assume we're in 2) and see if he can get it open.


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

"How about we stop grilling the jury? They aren't guilty. Let's just try to get out of here." he grunts as he messes with the window.

"Ease off on the Lady. She didn't do anything wrong. "


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta replies to Sir Rekkart, "With all due respect, Sir Rekkart, that was an unhelpfully non-responsive answer. Like it or not, and I don't, we are trapped here by a malevolent and dangerous spirit or other being with the power of life or death over us - and it's looking like death. We need to go over the events in detail, if for no other reason than to determine our tormentor's requirements so we can be freed. Unless you have some other effective course of action in mind?" Volta throws the ball back into Sir Rekkart's court.

Volta says to Fingarth, "Agreed we need to know more about this, since other avenues seem closed."

Volta talks to Groff, "I never said the jury was guilty, just they may have the the information needed to free us all from this horror show that we are incarcerated in. However it appears you have a connection to the Lady, may I ask how you know her?"

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 - 1 = 8 What's Groff up to?


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

"Free us from the horror show? Have you tried a door or window? The lady is my friend, I'll not have you treating her discourteously. "

201 to 250 of 533 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Adventurers from Absalom All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.