Adventures from Absalom

Game Master trawets71

A group of adventures set out to find fame and fortune from Absolom

Maps
Courthouse
Courthouse Upper Levels


451 to 500 of 593 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

The doors burst open, casting wooden shards about the room. A wretched corpse of a man gives a hideous cry as it emerges from the cabinet. The faded blue uniform of a bailiff clings to its bony shoulders in rags and a hand axe protrudes from its chest. The corpse’s veins and arteries have been pulled out through jagged gashes in its wrists and shoulders and now dangle like leathery marionette’s strings. A childlike giggle issues forth in the darkness above and the veins float upward. The bailiff corpse begins to jerk about like a puppet at the whim of some malevolent force. The thing’s gaunt face is eyeless, its two gaping sockets fixed on nothingness as it snarls and lurches forward.

Init Bad Guy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Init Groff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Init Volta: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Init Ianfir: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Init Nokayoma: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Init Finngarth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Init Seldion: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

His worst fears confirmed, Volta screams, "#*@$$!, I hate being right!" He does a twist flip and hauls his behind out of there!

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 Withdraw by weaving through everyone and put them between himself and that thing.


Cleric (Abadar) 1 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +6; (+2 vs Poison or Spells) | Init +1 | Perc +4

any kind of Knowledge to identify this bad-ass thing?


Kn: Religion


Cleric (Abadar) 1 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +6; (+2 vs Poison or Spells) | Init +1 | Perc +4

Finngarth looks at the display put on by the foul undead corpse. He scratches his beard certain that he has heard of this kind of thing before...

Know Religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


It is a coffer corpse. You get one question.

Seldion casts a spell and throws a blob of acid at the creature and manages to hit the ceiling.

Acid Splash: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1

The creature advances toward Kanna and attacks with a claw, leaving a large gash.

Claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Party up.


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

Groff moves up to bash the undead abomination.

power attack
to hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 damage: 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (3, 4) + 9 = 16


Groff moves up and misses the creature.


Female Human Monk (zen archer) || HP 10/10 (10/10 nonlethal) || AC 16/16 Tch/12 FF || F+4 R+6 W+4 || CMB +1 CMD 17/13 FF || Init +4 || Perception +2

Taken by surprise, Kanna steps back and launches a trio of arrows at the creature.

Flurry of Blows w/Rapid Shot and Point-Blank Shot

Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 1 - 2 = 15 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 1 - 2 = 18 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 1 - 2 = 17 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1


Kanna lets loose with 3 arrows that head straight for the creature and thump into its chest. Unfortunately only the first arrow seems to really do any damage.

You forgot the PBS damage, which I added but DR...


Cleric (Abadar) 1 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +6; (+2 vs Poison or Spells) | Init +1 | Perc +4

DM Trawets:
It is undead, and it seems to have DR 5. What special attacks does it have?

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

I'm back and it seems at a critical time


Finngarth:
Improved Grab (Ex) To use this ability, the coffer corpse must hit an opponent of Large size or smaller with both claw attacks. If it gets a hold, it uses its death grip.
Death Grip (Ex) A coffer corpse deals 1d4+4 points of damage per round with a successful grapple check against a Large or smaller creature. Because the coffer corpse grabs the victim’s throat, the victim cannot speak or cast spells with verbal components.
Illusory Death (Ex) In any round a coffer corpse is struck for 6 or more points of damage by a single attack, it slumps to the ground as if dead. If it has fastened its death grip on a victim, the victim falls as well, unless he a makes DC 12 Reflex save. Even if the save is successful, the coffer corpse does not release its grip but rather slumps against its opponent’s body. On its next turn the coffer corpse rises again as if through reanimation. Any creature viewing this must succeed at a DC 10 Will save or become panicked for 2d4 rounds.

Ianfir, Seldion and Finngarth are up.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

"Guys after we get this thing off of us, I'm going to have to recover spells."


Cleric (Abadar) 1 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +6; (+2 vs Poison or Spells) | Init +1 | Perc +4

Finngarth relates what he knows about the creature. "It is a coffer corpse. Don't let it grab you, as it will choke you and you won't be able to speak or cast spells. It will play dead if hurt badly, so if it falls, let's finish if for sure."

"The undead are anathema to civiliation, so says Abadar, so say I!" shouts the dwarf advancing on the dead corpse and hammering at it with his melee weapon.

Fingarth warhammer: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Dmg, if hit: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Finngarth moves up to the creature and hits it squarely in the chest wounding it heavily.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

Casts Magic Missile on the corpse Magic Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


As Seldion finishes his casting and the bolt of energy hits the undead creature it falls to the ground dead (really it's dead, only had 6 hit points when it came out)


Cleric (Abadar) 1 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +6; (+2 vs Poison or Spells) | Init +1 | Perc +4

Finngarth asks one of the others, who holds a bladed weapon, to dismember and scatter that thing, just in case...

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

While the party makes sure this thing is dead, I'm looking for a safe place to stay and rest a bit. (Err about what time is it Dm Trawets?)


The corpse is scattered to the winds it's clothing torn and the axe remains in it's chest. Measuring of time is difficult as it's full dark but a rough guess would be about 9:30pm now. Thinking about it you really haven't found a safe room yet.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

Is there a room that we can close the door and stand watches in?


Most of the rooms have had doors into them.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

"let's pick a sort of empty and cleanish room guys and rest a bit.


Cleric (Abadar) 1 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +6; (+2 vs Poison or Spells) | Init +1 | Perc +4

Finngarth is all for resting. Once the group has found a suitable room, he will use his channel energy ability to heal any wounded memberrs of the group.

Have 4 channels remaining, so if you are hurt more than the two I roll, let me know.

Channel x2: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

Can we find a room sorta near that hasn't been fought over and is free of things that can animate?


Female Human Monk (zen archer) || HP 10/10 (10/10 nonlethal) || AC 16/16 Tch/12 FF || F+4 R+6 W+4 || CMB +1 CMD 17/13 FF || Init +4 || Perception +2

Kanna rubs her wound and sighs. "I really need to learn to dodge," she laments. She is at 7 out of 10 hp.


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta replies dryly, "Doesn't always help those things are really good at hitting. Rest is good but how much water and food do we have; we won't last long without it."

[ooc] Volta is at 7 out of 8.

Volta says, "Well that feels a lot better, I like my insides inside!"


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

Groff is topped off by the channels.

"Thanks"

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

"thanks for the healing


Cleric (Abadar) 1 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | HP 10/10 | F +4 R +1 W +6; (+2 vs Poison or Spells) | Init +1 | Perc +4

Seeing Kanna's state is still more wounded than he' like, Finngarth shares more of Abadar's glory and tries to close the rest of her wounds.

Channel to heal: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Just one channel left, but if we rest soon, it won't matter much.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

Looking at the map it seems like room 12 is near and has only one way in. Shall we head there?


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

That works.


As the group walks past the group of former jurors and into the room to rest, Sir Rekkart asks "Did you find something in that other room leading you back in there? I thought you already searched in there."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

"We did, but we need to rest a bit"


Sir Rekkart looks shocked. "Rest? REST? You need to rest? Do you think that creature is going to just let you take a rest? We'll all be dead by morning!"

The gnome jester Ebin adds in a sarcastic voice, "Do the big bad heros need a little nappy wappy? That will give that thing time to slit all of your throats while you sleep."

Patrissia slinks up to Groff and says in a low sultry voice "You wouldn't slack off and let the creature kill me while you sleep would you? I need your protection."

Killian raises his flask to you and takes a swing and says "To those about to die, I salute you."

The group of four jurors seems much chillier to you to say the least.


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta looks shocked then angry then resigned.

"We have been doing most of the searching and fighting, we're drained. Most of you have done little but complain. We are not gods or undead, yes - we need to rest. We found out some stuff but not enough; I gather no one has any idea how to get out of the grip of this horror. So either we rest or collapse, drained of every resource. However, nothing prevents you bunch from searching what's left of this place. There doesn't seem like there is much left to be found, but if you have a useful idea, not a whine, I'd be glad to hear it."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

::nods to Volta:: "If you four have some idea as to how to get out of here fast, I'd like to hear it, otherwise, I'm going to rest as I need to get some spells back."


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

"Milady, I will stay up and guard you if you want, but I cannot explore this place by myself, and when the healing runs out, I can't last very long, and then there's nobody to guard you. "


Female Human Monk (zen archer) || HP 10/10 (10/10 nonlethal) || AC 16/16 Tch/12 FF || F+4 R+6 W+4 || CMB +1 CMD 17/13 FF || Init +4 || Perception +2

Kanna pointedly ignores the jurors, turning instead to Volta. "I'll take first watch," she offers.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

"Either first or last is what I need so I can recover spells"


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

"I can do mid" assuming the matter to be settled.


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta says, "I can take mid watch myself as well, we should stand watch in pairs." Volta also assumes his point is made.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

sits down and leans against wall to rest a bit


You settle down for the night and about 30 minutes into the first watch there is a loud scream followed by pounding on the door which wakes those not on watch up and then there is silence.


Female Human Monk (zen archer) || HP 10/10 (10/10 nonlethal) || AC 16/16 Tch/12 FF || F+4 R+6 W+4 || CMB +1 CMD 17/13 FF || Init +4 || Perception +2

Kanna snaps awake at the sound of the scream. She makes a quick headcount of her companions, then goes to the door, pressing her ear against it and listening.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta wakes with a scout's alertness then scowls. "Yep, restless spirits are not going to let us rest. Best see what's going on." Volta goes to the door looking at Kanna trying to listen through the door.

He goes to the door and whispers to Kanna, "Best just to open it and be ready for anything, we don't have much choice anyway."

If Kanna agrees Volta will open the door, using the door itself as a shield.


On the floor, Ebin sits rocking feverishly to and fro, facing away from you. His hands are busy at work in front of him, out of sight. The sound of a knife slicing through fresh, wet meat gives way to a wet cough when he convulses slightly. The gnome turns, blood pouring from his grinning mouth. He holds in his right hand his own severed tongue, waving it about like a slapstick. He staggers toward Volta and slaps him in the face a few times gurgle-gibbering and laughing thickly through the torrent of gore pouring down his throat. He then drops to the floor dead.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

::looks at the remaining jurors::
"Are you positive you've told us all about the trial that you should? The spirits have it out for you all. I'd suggest that you tell us, as it might save your life.


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta jumps back from the horror, "Yeech, why does this happen to me?" He moves behind the more armored of the group.

451 to 500 of 593 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Adventurers from Absalom All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.