Adventures from Absalom

Game Master trawets71

A group of adventures set out to find fame and fortune from Absolom

Maps
Courthouse
Courthouse Upper Levels


551 to 600 of 600 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

The party searches the belfry and creature but find nothing of any value or use. As they move downstairs and pass where Ebin's corpse was they notice it is gone. Volta has the key for the steel door on the first floor and unlocks it and Groff opens it. From the door way you can see two doors to the left, one straight ahead and it appears the hallway opens into a cell block.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

are these solid doors or are they like a cell door?


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta moves up towards the first door on the left and checks it out, disarming any traps if there are any. He does NOT open the door.

Volta says, "The door should open easily but half the time I do so, something evil tries to rip my head off. I like my head where it is. So if some brave heroic warrior would do the honors..." Volta trails off the snark but seems more like just tired and very, very young.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 7 - 1 = 7 Add +1 if a trap.

If any traps:
disable device: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17


Groff carefully opens the door. This open-air chamber resembles a large cage. On the other side of the bars lies a dug-up potter’s field where the bodies of criminals rest in unmarked graves. Beyond, the wind-blasted desolation of Beldrin’s Bluff beckons. Cracked buildings slump against each other in the distance, many already collapsed into piles of rubble. Shadows move between the old stores and dance in the broken maws of their cracked front windows. For a second, a few pairs of red eyes peek out from the inky black, only to be swallowed up again. The cage here is empty save a stocks, where painfully hobbled criminals wallowed to the joy of onlookers, who spent their own frustrations by hurling rotting fruit at the accused. Suddenly, a moaning issues forth from the dug-up graves and bloated rotting fingers reach up and claw toward freedom. Six corpses, nooses draped about their necks, push to their feet and lumber toward the bars, picking up stones as they come.


Female Human Monk (zen archer) || HP 10/10 (10/10 nonlethal) || AC 16/16 Tch/12 FF || F+4 R+6 W+4 || CMB +1 CMD 17/13 FF || Init +4 || Perception +2

Kanna instinctively lifts her bow and nocks an arrow.


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

"Ok, at least they're solid. "

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

"hope we get through this alive.


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta stands behind Groff and anyone else willing to step up, while pulling out his crossbow and arming it.

"I hope anyone gets out of this alive, that would be a miracle. Seriously, Cayden we could use one now." Volta replies, starting out be bit sourly but ending more desperately sounding.


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

Groff will take out his crossbow and start shooting the caged undead.

to hit: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

however he seems to be rather rusty

"I'm warming up."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

"let's not open the cage door until they are all dead again."


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta says, "Clear line of fire!" Volta making sure that no one is in the way, fires from around the edge of the doorway at one of the undead.

Attack with Crossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Damage with Crossbow: 1d8 ⇒ 6

If roll is 19-20 do x2 damage if confirmed.

Critical Confirmation Roll: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 only to confirm critical hit.

Critical Damage Roll: 1d8 ⇒ 3 Only on confirmation of critical hit


Female Human Monk (zen archer) || HP 10/10 (10/10 nonlethal) || AC 16/16 Tch/12 FF || F+4 R+6 W+4 || CMB +1 CMD 17/13 FF || Init +4 || Perception +2

Kanna lifts her bow and fires at the same one that Volta targeted, putting two arrows to flight in the span of less than a breath.

Bow Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Bow Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Groff takes careful aim and hits one of the bars square in the center. Volta shoots at the same one and it doesn't penetrate its skin. Kanna fires twice and manages to sink one arrow into the creature but seems to do little damage, much less than he through a hit like that would do. The creatures throw the stones they picked up missing everyone badly.

Attack: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (3) - 4 = -1
Attack: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (14) - 4 = 10
Attack: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (15) - 4 = 11
Attack: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (3) - 4 = -1
Attack: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (6) - 4 = 2
Attack: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (10) - 4 = 6

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

::dodges stones:: 'Hey you're dead stay that way! uses acid splash on the one Kanna damaged Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

If hits Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2


Female Human Monk (zen archer) || HP 10/10 (10/10 nonlethal) || AC 16/16 Tch/12 FF || F+4 R+6 W+4 || CMB +1 CMD 17/13 FF || Init +4 || Perception +2

Kanna fires again at the same one she had previously wounded.

Shortbow Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Shortbow Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

"They do seem to be stuck, maybe we can just move on. "he says before loosing another bolt.

to hit: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4


Seldion fires some acid at the zombies and hits the bars which sizzle a little. One of Kanna's arrows hits a zombie and sticks in it but seems to do no damage. Groff fires at the same zombie and the bolt sticks in it but again doesn't seem to do any damage.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

"good idea, let's close this door if we can and go to the next one


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta looks at the crossbow and back at the skeletons, sighs, and says, "Yeah lets bypass these, if we run out of other places to go we can come back later."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

::moves down to next door and looks into window::


There is no window in the next door and it is shut.


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta goes with Seldion and checks out and unlocks the door after disarming any found traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 7 - 1 = 18 Add +1 if a trap.

If any traps:
disable device: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

Unlock door:
disable device: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

Volta is done with opening doors. "Anyone want to open this door? I give 3 to 2 something terrifying pops out!" Volta steps back to allow the brave hero to volunteer.


Volta examines the door and finds no traps and that it is not locked.


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

Groff will step up and open the door.


Female Human Monk (zen archer) || HP 10/10 (10/10 nonlethal) || AC 16/16 Tch/12 FF || F+4 R+6 W+4 || CMB +1 CMD 17/13 FF || Init +4 || Perception +2

Kanna stands behind Groff, her bow at the ready.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

::Steps out of swinging range of the fighters::


Gloom reigns here, and the room scorns light. An unnatural cold pervades this place, cutting right through cloth and flesh. A raised gallows with a noose hanging from its crossbeam stands sentinel in this room where hundreds of souls died either with a quick snap of the neck or jerking freakishly. The air in this dark chamber is absolutely still and unusually cold. The silence suddenly breaks when a single creak echoes from the rickety stairs of the gallows. Another follows, and dust shakes from the steps as a figure comes into view. His hands are bound before him and he lurches with a palsied gait as he comes. His head is shrouded in a black bag, hanging impossibly at a right angle off his mangled neck. A sound like an old door hinge or leather dragged over wood curdles from his shredded throat and he reaches for you with arched fingers curled into white claws.

Init Groff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Init Volta: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Init Ianfir: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Init Nokayoma: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Init Finngarth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Init Seldion: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Enemy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta takes his crossbow into both hands and fires at the figure. "Taking the shot!."

Attack with Crossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Damage with Crossbow: 1d8 ⇒ 3

If roll is 19-20 do x2 damage if confirmed.

Critical Confirmation Roll: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 only to confirm critical hit.

Critical Damage Roll: 1d8 ⇒ 4 Only on confirmation of critical hit.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

uses Acid Arrow on same one Volta fired at
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 3
NM even with a +2 for dex I don't hit

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

"lets just close the door and move on, we can come back later"


Volta takes careful aim at the creature and fires his crossbow. The bolt heads straight for the heart of the creature and flies right through bouncing off the back wall.


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta looks at the result and shrugs. "Anyone got any magic that can fight a ghost or spirit or something I can't hit at all? If not close the door and move on if it comes through the door we die, nothing we can do about it. So don't worry about it."

If no one steps up to fight the apparition Volta signals for the door to be closed and moves on to the next point of interest.


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

"It better stay" he mutters as they move on.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

"well let's at least see what's behind the last door."


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta nods at Seldion saying, "Sure why not. I'll open the last door we see, some warrior can open it and ,if you can, check for magic thereafter, maybe we'll catch a lucky break for once and there'll be something we can use to fight the unbeatable."[/b]

Volta goes to the last door, and does his routine...

Perception: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 1 = 25 Add +1 if a trap.

If any traps:
disable device: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30

Unlock door:
disable device: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

... then steps aside for someone else to open it.


Fighter 1 | AC 18 FF 16 T12 | HP 13/13 | Fort +5 Ref +1 Wis +1 | CMD 17 |Per +6 | Init +1

Groff will open it and look inside.


As the party turns from the door and moves down the hallway the jurors get a look into the room and see the creature. Patrissa screams and runs down the hallway the way they came followed by the two men yelling as well. The creature flies from the room after them and chases them into the main area and out of sight.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

"well I think that's what the creature wanted all along"

DM did we get enough of a look at it to see what it was?


Some sort of undead. Kn: Religion to have a shot at ID'ing it.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

Not me then.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

Anything else in this room?


As the screams from the jurors echo from the main hall you continue down and see several rusted iron cages take up most of the area. The barred doors are open and a few swing eerily, although no wind blows down here in
the dark. In the lane stretching between these cages lies a headless skeleton, one arm folded beneath it awkwardly, the other outstretched from its side.

Finngarth:
Once more the image of Sashrala’s freshly severed head invades your senses. As the burly man slowly turns around and moves out of the cell, you notice a shadow on the wall that you missed before. A mysterious cloaked figure watches the proceedings impassively. As you whirl to face it, a cold hand grasps your throat. You can feel its fingers crushing your windpipe as you struggle to breathe. White spots seem to dance before your eyes, and then everything goes black.


Female Human Monk (zen archer) || HP 10/10 (10/10 nonlethal) || AC 16/16 Tch/12 FF || F+4 R+6 W+4 || CMB +1 CMD 17/13 FF || Init +4 || Perception +2

Kanna approaches slowly, ready to strike, to see if the skeleton makes any attempt to rise. She nudges it with a sandaled foot.


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta stiffens as the screams echo but puts it aside knowing he can do nothing about it, as helpless as he has been all along.

Volta follows Kanna, checking carefully about.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 7 - 1 = 13 Add +1 if a trap.

If any traps or doors need opening:
disable device: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

"Master Seldion, could you check about for magic, if we find something, maybe it could be of some use ... to avoid that fate that echos even now."


As Kanna nudges the skeleton, it's a few bones roll away from where his sandal touched it, the rest of the skeleton doesn't move. Volta looks around the skeleton and doesn't see anything other than the four open cell doors.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

Do I sense any magic around?
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 If you need it.


No magic is detected.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

'Well lets see if we can get out now.
seeing no way out here heads toward the stairs and the front doors if possible


Male Human Rogue 1| AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | HP +3/8| F +0 R +6 W +1; | Init +4 | Perc +7/8 Traps | DD +11/13

Volta looks around and nods, "Sure, I don't have any better idea. I guess will see the bloody bits along the way." On that cheery note Volta tries bounding after Seldion but only manages a tired shuffle.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Immune to Sleep +2 vs Enchantments Wizard/1 AC 12 FF 10 HP 7/7 Fort +1 Reflex +2 Will +3 Intiative +2 Percp +3

Do we get out of this place OK?

551 to 600 of 600 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Adventurers from Absalom All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.