[PFS] GM Rinaldo's Signs in Senghor (Inactive)

Game Master The Great Rinaldo!

Maps and Images


201 to 250 of 418 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

Bull Rush (raging if permitted): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 2 = 21

"COMING THROOOOUUUUGH!"

I will rage if possible--but let me know if that means I should take fatigue penalties in the next challenge.

Grand Lodge

hp 15/39 | Ac 18 T 14 FF 14 | Init +8 | Fort +8 Ref+8 Will +5 (+3 vs spells, spell-like and poison)| Perception +10 | Grit 1/3 | Reroll 1/1

Kara follows the others, trying to assist strike where Ushi directs

Knowledge Engineering: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Scarab Sages

Male CG Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20, red/blondish hair, freckles, smiling) | Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade, Noble Fencer) 1 / Investigator (Empiricist) 4 | HP 58/58 | AC 22 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 (19 Disarm) | F: +4, R: +12, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13 / +15 vs. traps, SM: +9, Dipl. +13 | [ooc] Low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Panache 5/6 | Inspiration 6/7 | Active conditions: Mutagen (AC 26, Dex 26, Ref +14, Will +3)

"Oh these Aspis agents and the Great Mother are really hard to get rid of! I also see a weak spot from which we could collapse the statue!"

Kn engineering + free inspiration: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + 8 + (4) = 21


Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

As you pass the statue, Andor and Ushi point out the weakest spot. However, even with Graxzos' strength you aren't able to knock it over.
You got close, but the DC on that one was ridiculous. :-(

- - - - - -

The Great Mother is getting close, so you abandon the statue and push on. Suddenly, the giant frog opens its mouth, and an insanely long tongue lashes out to grab at Gideon Wren!

The tongue is flesh, so you can attack it with weapons, or you can attempt to pull him free with a strength check. If you have something else that might help, let me know!

The Exchange

M Nagaji Oracle5 HP 41/41 AC22/TC13/FF19 F+4 R+6 W+6 (+2/mind-affecting&poison) CMB+4 CMD14 Spd20ft Init+7 Perc+3 Spell Slots: 1st-5/7|2nd-4/5 |Active Buffs: N/A

With no time to pull the dagger at his waist, Ushi attempts to smash the tongue to the ground!

Shield Bash: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

We're not in actual rounds; I'm ok with you using whatever weapon you have the best attack roll with. Feel free to tell me a different attack bonus if you have a better one.

The Exchange

M Nagaji Oracle5 HP 41/41 AC22/TC13/FF19 F+4 R+6 W+6 (+2/mind-affecting&poison) CMB+4 CMD14 Spd20ft Init+7 Perc+3 Spell Slots: 1st-5/7|2nd-4/5 |Active Buffs: N/A

They're all the same, so I just described it that way. :)

Scarab Sages

Male CG Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20, red/blondish hair, freckles, smiling) | Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade, Noble Fencer) 1 / Investigator (Empiricist) 4 | HP 58/58 | AC 22 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 (19 Disarm) | F: +4, R: +12, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13 / +15 vs. traps, SM: +9, Dipl. +13 | [ooc] Low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Panache 5/6 | Inspiration 6/7 | Active conditions: Mutagen (AC 26, Dex 26, Ref +14, Will +3)

Andor attacks with his Rapier!

Rapier: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Rapier damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

Again, assuming it's ok to spend a round of rage!

"LET! HIM! GO!" Graxzos howls, chopping wildly at the tongue.

Attack (raging waraxe!): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 for 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

NNNNNNNGGGGAAAAHHHHH...

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
hp 15/39 | Ac 18 T 14 FF 14 | Init +8 | Fort +8 Ref+8 Will +5 (+3 vs spells, spell-like and poison)| Perception +10 | Grit 1/3 | Reroll 1/1

Waraxe: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

"I will give you some pointers on the use of waraxes later Graxzos" Kara shouts while she slashes at the tongue. The big smile on her face shows that she knows he is the better axe-dwarf.


Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

You smash, bash, and chop at the Great Mother's tongue. While you are able to free Gideon, he is injured again in the effort.

While you are pulling him loose, his former companions race past you, heading down the beach. Thankfully, they appear to be moving the opposite of the direction you want to go, and once you get Gideon free you hobble your way toward your boat. Your pilot sees you coming and casts off, holding the boat ready for when you arrive.

Perception:

Ushi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Kara: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Andor: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Graxzos: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

As you head down the beach, Andor spots something in the sand. He darts over to the path the Aspis agents took, and finds a moderately sized stone tablet that was apparently dropped in their retreat. He grabs it, and catches up to you all as you push off.

The Great Mother reaches the beach and howls, but does not pursue you over the water.

End of chase!

As you start to row away from the shore and set said, Gideon says, "This boat seems nice and all, and I'm sure it will make the crossing just fine, but if I may ... we could make our way to the ship my crew came over in. It's larger, and if we hurry, we could put ashore and make our way over before they leave. I could tell the captain we are explorers who ran into trouble, and arrange passage back. There are enough cabins on it that we could probably not even be spotted by my former comrades."

Decision time:
You can sail back on your ship, making the same checks as before. Alternately you can try to use the other ship, which would free you from having to help sail and even let you sleep in relative comfort. The downside is that you would be on the ship with the Aspis agents.

Once you decide how to return, you can then question Gideon. He promised answers once he was safe, and either way you travel he will honor his deal.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20, red/blondish hair, freckles, smiling) | Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade, Noble Fencer) 1 / Investigator (Empiricist) 4 | HP 58/58 | AC 22 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 (19 Disarm) | F: +4, R: +12, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13 / +15 vs. traps, SM: +9, Dipl. +13 | [ooc] Low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Panache 5/6 | Inspiration 6/7 | Active conditions: Mutagen (AC 26, Dex 26, Ref +14, Will +3)

Take our own ship!

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

Graxzos guffaws. "Jus' hop on th'ship wit' a bunch of Asps?" He glances around at the rest of the group. "We ain't doin' that. Right? We ain't doin' that."

The Exchange

M Nagaji Oracle5 HP 41/41 AC22/TC13/FF19 F+4 R+6 W+6 (+2/mind-affecting&poison) CMB+4 CMD14 Spd20ft Init+7 Perc+3 Spell Slots: 1st-5/7|2nd-4/5 |Active Buffs: N/A

"I am greatly exhausted by our adventure in the ruins. It would be unwise to journey day and night while so debilitated. But I also do not feel it wise to attempt to board with the serpents of the Consortium." Ushi slides his gaze to Gideon. "Apologies. I meant no offense to you. We are faced with unpleasant choices, neither being wise. I concur with Graxzos and Andor. We can take our chances the same as we did traveling here."

Scarab Sages

Male CG Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20, red/blondish hair, freckles, smiling) | Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade, Noble Fencer) 1 / Investigator (Empiricist) 4 | HP 58/58 | AC 22 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 (19 Disarm) | F: +4, R: +12, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13 / +15 vs. traps, SM: +9, Dipl. +13 | [ooc] Low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Panache 5/6 | Inspiration 6/7 | Active conditions: Mutagen (AC 26, Dex 26, Ref +14, Will +3)

"I have no idea what we would face on this ship Gideon! Could we hide there? If there is any chance to be seen I would rather not risk it. This tablet we found has to have some value and I do not want to loose it!"

Andor will inspect the tablet he found - all knowledge skills at same level: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 8 + (5) = 20


Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

"I am confident I could arrange for ... anonymity with the captain. However, I am clearly in no shape to assist you if you did encounter any trouble."

As Andor examines the tablet, he feels a dark energy from it. Gideon notices his expression and nods. "You feel it, don't you? That's what the boss sent us for ... she calls them the 'Twelve Rites". She's got like seven or eight of them now, and we found two here."

The tablet is covered in writing that Andor doesn't recognize, but it appears to be individual words and phrases rather than coherent text. It could be part of a larger set that would make sense together.

Grand Lodge

hp 15/39 | Ac 18 T 14 FF 14 | Init +8 | Fort +8 Ref+8 Will +5 (+3 vs spells, spell-like and poison)| Perception +10 | Grit 1/3 | Reroll 1/1

Kara shrugs "Thank you Gideon, but my companions said their piece. I would not mind a soft bed and maybe a stein of beer, but it seems we will be rowing back"

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

"Twelve Rites, eh? And th' Asps have seven or eight? Well no matter what, tha' don't sound good." Graxzos snorts. "I'm game t'row if no one else is."

Don't remember exactly what checks are needed.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20, red/blondish hair, freckles, smiling) | Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade, Noble Fencer) 1 / Investigator (Empiricist) 4 | HP 58/58 | AC 22 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 (19 Disarm) | F: +4, R: +12, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13 / +15 vs. traps, SM: +9, Dipl. +13 | [ooc] Low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Panache 5/6 | Inspiration 6/7 | Active conditions: Mutagen (AC 26, Dex 26, Ref +14, Will +3)

"Gideon, that does not sound good! So the Aspis are collecting these tablets which are clearly used for evil acts? Why do they do this? For profit? When we reach safety you have to tell everything!" Andor demands.


Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

Declining Gideon's suggestion of sharing a larger ship with the Aspis agents, you direct White-Toothed Wallace to set sail across the bay.

Since no one is able to assist Wallace with the sails, you just need to all make the Fortitude save for sleeping in the boat.

Also, this is the time to interrogate Gideon, so if you have any further questions, please ask them.


Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror
Andor Katsu wrote:
"Gideon, that does not sound good! So the Aspis are collecting these tablets which are clearly used for evil acts? Why do they do this? For profit? When we reach safety you have to tell everything!" Andor demands.

"I'm not sure. I joined the Consortium for profit, but I think Shinri's after whatever power these tablets are about. I think she's not right in the head ... she’s begun talking to herself when she thinks no one is listening. Of course, if you tell her I said that, I'll deny it.”

The Exchange

M Nagaji Oracle5 HP 41/41 AC22/TC13/FF19 F+4 R+6 W+6 (+2/mind-affecting&poison) CMB+4 CMD14 Spd20ft Init+7 Perc+3 Spell Slots: 1st-5/7|2nd-4/5 |Active Buffs: N/A

Fort Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

"You spoke of your leader, Gideon. What more can you tell of this person?" Ushi inquires as the boat cuts through the waves.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20, red/blondish hair, freckles, smiling) | Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade, Noble Fencer) 1 / Investigator (Empiricist) 4 | HP 58/58 | AC 22 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 (19 Disarm) | F: +4, R: +12, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13 / +15 vs. traps, SM: +9, Dipl. +13 | [ooc] Low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Panache 5/6 | Inspiration 6/7 | Active conditions: Mutagen (AC 26, Dex 26, Ref +14, Will +3)

FOrtitude: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

"Gideon, can you tell us all you know about the operations of the Aspis consortium in this area. And additionally give us more information on this tablet?" Andor asks.


Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

"Shinri Dells is the most terrifying creature I’ve ever met, and keep in mind I saw the inside of a giant dragon-frog just a bit ago. She earned her spot with the Consortium as a Bronze agent by coming up with good plans and cracking any skulls that popped up along the way. I’ve been a part of her crew in Bloodcove for two years, and let me tell you, it’s much better to be standing behind her than in her way. Shinri was born on the streets. She’s a natural fighter, tough as crocodile and furious as a hippo, but lately she’s been even more ‘Shin-rey’ than normal. That’s a word we use when we’re safely out of earshot.

Over the last few months, she has been meditating for four or five hours at a time, and she’s been using all kinds of strange fighting techniques she never used to, things you don’t learn on the streets. This might sound strange, but I think she is actually talking to someone when she meditates. Someone, or maybe something?

As for the tablets, I couldn't tell you anything about them other than she's collecting them. I'd as soon never touch one again, though. It sent chills down my spine worse than when I saw the boss punch that guy in the head so hard, one eye popped clear out of his skull.”

Scarab Sages

Male CG Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20, red/blondish hair, freckles, smiling) | Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade, Noble Fencer) 1 / Investigator (Empiricist) 4 | HP 58/58 | AC 22 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 (19 Disarm) | F: +4, R: +12, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13 / +15 vs. traps, SM: +9, Dipl. +13 | [ooc] Low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Panache 5/6 | Inspiration 6/7 | Active conditions: Mutagen (AC 26, Dex 26, Ref +14, Will +3)

Andor tries to think what she could be doing given he has the tablet and examined it before ...

knowlegde all : 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 8 + (6) = 17

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Graxzos shudders. "Tha' don' sound good. Anythin' else funny happen when she's meditatin'?"

Grand Lodge

hp 15/39 | Ac 18 T 14 FF 14 | Init +8 | Fort +8 Ref+8 Will +5 (+3 vs spells, spell-like and poison)| Perception +10 | Grit 1/3 | Reroll 1/1

Fortitude save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

"Nasty piece of work, that boss of yours." Kara says to Gideon. She then looks to the others "So, what's next?"

Scarab Sages

Male CG Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20, red/blondish hair, freckles, smiling) | Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade, Noble Fencer) 1 / Investigator (Empiricist) 4 | HP 58/58 | AC 22 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 (19 Disarm) | F: +4, R: +12, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13 / +15 vs. traps, SM: +9, Dipl. +13 | [ooc] Low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Panache 5/6 | Inspiration 6/7 | Active conditions: Mutagen (AC 26, Dex 26, Ref +14, Will +3)

Andor looks quite determined now!

"I will not let evil spread! Gideon, where is your boss? Where are these other Aspis on the boat taking the tablets?"

He waits for Gideon to answer and continues.

"I want us to take care of this mess and that means that we have to break some eggs ... then so be it! I have a bad history with Cheliax but never had anything to do with the Aspis Consortium ... now I understand why the Society is concerned about them ... obviously their Chelish roots are the reason they are so rotten!"

Andor pauses for a moment and then focuses on Gideon.

"Gideon, please ... you have to help us to get these guys! We need to talk to the political elite in Senghor and convince them of the Aspis actions! You were part of these actions and I want you help us present our case!" Andor says with a demanding voice.


Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

Andor considers the tablet and what Gideon has said, but can't think of anything in his past that this resembles.

He pleads with Gideon to assist you in Senghor, but the injured Aspis agent just stares at him. "Are you crazy? I'm already expecting to have to run for my life after what's happened, do you want me to actually sign my own death warrant by being seen with you?"
That's going to take a fairly difficult Diplomacy check. Intimidate won't work, as this needs to convince him long-term.

Grand Lodge

hp 15/39 | Ac 18 T 14 FF 14 | Init +8 | Fort +8 Ref+8 Will +5 (+3 vs spells, spell-like and poison)| Perception +10 | Grit 1/3 | Reroll 1/1

Aid Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11

"I get that you are concerned, but isn't it about time you stood up agains those that would hunt you down? Besides, we will be there with you."

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20, red/blondish hair, freckles, smiling) | Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade, Noble Fencer) 1 / Investigator (Empiricist) 4 | HP 58/58 | AC 22 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 (19 Disarm) | F: +4, R: +12, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13 / +15 vs. traps, SM: +9, Dipl. +13 | [ooc] Low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Panache 5/6 | Inspiration 6/7 | Active conditions: Mutagen (AC 26, Dex 26, Ref +14, Will +3)

Andor raises an eyebrow and starts explaining what Gideon ows them. He was left to die by his companions and it was the Pathfinders that helped him and that treated him with respect and compassion. Now the Pathfinders need his help.

Spending 1 inspiration point for d6

Diplomacy : 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (14) + 10 + (6) = 30

Grand Lodge

hp 15/39 | Ac 18 T 14 FF 14 | Init +8 | Fort +8 Ref+8 Will +5 (+3 vs spells, spell-like and poison)| Perception +10 | Grit 1/3 | Reroll 1/1

Andor did not include my aid, so result is 32 ;-)


Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

Gideon listens to Andor, and you can see the difficult decision he is making. As Kara promises to be there with him, he says, "Truly? You will stay with me and protect me until I can find my way out of the region and disappear?"

Getting an affirmative from the dwarf, he nods. "Alright. I'll go with you to the council. But you're going to want more than just my word. I'll tell you how to get to the hideout at Windrell Holdings. You'll have to check it out yourself and leave me somewhere safe, though - I'm in no shape to get into a conflict even if I were willing to be seen with you there."

Gideon goes on to tell you about the general layout of the hideout. He lets you know that they keep someone in the foyer to pretend to be a legitimate business that just happens always to be closed, maybe you should try back in a few days. How you go in is up to you, but you will probably find several aspis agents and Shinri herself there.

Map is updated to show what Gideon can tell you about the hideout. You do not have to go there immediately. If you think you have sufficient evidence with what you have discovered already and with Gideon's testimony, you can go directly to the city leaders with it. If you want to try to get more first, let me know what time of day you want to approach, and what you want to do when you get there.

When you arrive in Senghor, Kara is still fatigued from the journey out, but managed not to become exhausted by the journey back. In addition, Andor is now fatigued.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20, red/blondish hair, freckles, smiling) | Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade, Noble Fencer) 1 / Investigator (Empiricist) 4 | HP 58/58 | AC 22 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 (19 Disarm) | F: +4, R: +12, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13 / +15 vs. traps, SM: +9, Dipl. +13 | [ooc] Low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Panache 5/6 | Inspiration 6/7 | Active conditions: Mutagen (AC 26, Dex 26, Ref +14, Will +3)

”Oh dear Chaldira... I am so tired!“ Andor says and stretches his limbs.

”Gideon, thank you for your trust! I believe that we can rent a room for you in the tavern where nobody knows you and I can try to disguise you so that you look different! I would also propose that we visit the hideout first before we provide evidence to the authorities and council as we do not know if your word alone will suffice! What do you think!?“ Andor suggests.

Grand Lodge

hp 15/39 | Ac 18 T 14 FF 14 | Init +8 | Fort +8 Ref+8 Will +5 (+3 vs spells, spell-like and poison)| Perception +10 | Grit 1/3 | Reroll 1/1

"I agree Andor. I could also use some rest, maybe rest for the remainder of the day and then take a look this evening?"

Scarab Sages

Male CG Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20, red/blondish hair, freckles, smiling) | Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade, Noble Fencer) 1 / Investigator (Empiricist) 4 | HP 58/58 | AC 22 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 (19 Disarm) | F: +4, R: +12, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13 / +15 vs. traps, SM: +9, Dipl. +13 | [ooc] Low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Panache 5/6 | Inspiration 6/7 | Active conditions: Mutagen (AC 26, Dex 26, Ref +14, Will +3)

"Kara, as much as I would like to rest I fear that we cannot wait. The Aspis agents saw us on the beach and if they destroy all the evidence then we are in big trouble. I have a potion of invigorate and would suggest that you also buy one or two before we enter the Aspis hideout. All others in agreement?" Andor asks.

Grand Lodge

hp 15/39 | Ac 18 T 14 FF 14 | Init +8 | Fort +8 Ref+8 Will +5 (+3 vs spells, spell-like and poison)| Perception +10 | Grit 1/3 | Reroll 1/1

"I also have this scroll, Ushi, could you maybe read it for Andor and myself?"

I have a scroll of lesser restoration with 5 spells on it, happy to expend two of those to get rid of the fatigue

Scarab Sages

Male CG Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20, red/blondish hair, freckles, smiling) | Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade, Noble Fencer) 1 / Investigator (Empiricist) 4 | HP 58/58 | AC 22 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 (19 Disarm) | F: +4, R: +12, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13 / +15 vs. traps, SM: +9, Dipl. +13 | [ooc] Low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Panache 5/6 | Inspiration 6/7 | Active conditions: Mutagen (AC 26, Dex 26, Ref +14, Will +3)

"That is truly kind of you! I would very much appreciate that!" Andor says to Kara with a smile.

The Exchange

M Nagaji Oracle5 HP 41/41 AC22/TC13/FF19 F+4 R+6 W+6 (+2/mind-affecting&poison) CMB+4 CMD14 Spd20ft Init+7 Perc+3 Spell Slots: 1st-5/7|2nd-4/5 |Active Buffs: N/A

"If it will help us gain initiative on the Consortium and you are willing to provide the investment, then I shall gladly assist." Ushi agrees, taking the scroll to read and dispel the fatigue. Read magic to decipher and a high enough caster level means we're good to go. "Andor speaks soundly, if we can investigate the Consortium before going before the council, they should have no time to prepare for our arrival."


Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

Ushi reads the spell off of Kara's scroll, and Kara and Andor feel their fatigue wash away.

You get Gideon to an inn and get him a room to rest in. Paying a few extra silver to the innkeeper to assure he is not bothered, you leave the injured man behind while you investigate his former allies.

You return to the docks, where the building sits near the water, but without a pelican door. All deliveries are apparently through the side door or the main entrance.

There is a little foot traffic in the area, so while you are not conspicuous approaching the building, you suspect trying to break into the delivery door would be noticed.

How do you want to proceed?

Grand Lodge

hp 15/39 | Ac 18 T 14 FF 14 | Init +8 | Fort +8 Ref+8 Will +5 (+3 vs spells, spell-like and poison)| Perception +10 | Grit 1/3 | Reroll 1/1

Is anyone good at spinning a tale that would get us in?

The Exchange

M Nagaji Oracle5 HP 41/41 AC22/TC13/FF19 F+4 R+6 W+6 (+2/mind-affecting&poison) CMB+4 CMD14 Spd20ft Init+7 Perc+3 Spell Slots: 1st-5/7|2nd-4/5 |Active Buffs: N/A

"I am not practiced at it, but I could attempt to fool them into thinking us legitimate business."

Scarab Sages

Male CG Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20, red/blondish hair, freckles, smiling) | Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade, Noble Fencer) 1 / Investigator (Empiricist) 4 | HP 58/58 | AC 22 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 (19 Disarm) | F: +4, R: +12, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13 / +15 vs. traps, SM: +9, Dipl. +13 | [ooc] Low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Panache 5/6 | Inspiration 6/7 | Active conditions: Mutagen (AC 26, Dex 26, Ref +14, Will +3)

Andor thinks.

"I can also assist to spin a tale but the question is what tale makes sense. Aspis agents surely have a code that they have to say at the door and others will surely not be able to enter."

GM, can we ask Gideon what the code word is? Or if anybody except of Aspis agents sometimes enters, e.g. a cleaning crew?


Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

Gideon tells you that the agents currently working there all know each other, and no one other than their team is allowed in.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20, red/blondish hair, freckles, smiling) | Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade, Noble Fencer) 1 / Investigator (Empiricist) 4 | HP 58/58 | AC 22 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 (19 Disarm) | F: +4, R: +12, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13 / +15 vs. traps, SM: +9, Dipl. +13 | [ooc] Low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Panache 5/6 | Inspiration 6/7 | Active conditions: Mutagen (AC 26, Dex 26, Ref +14, Will +3)

"Okay, I doubt that with our limited knowledge we will be able to get them to open the doors to the loading area but maybe I can open the locks for us so that we can charge in and surprise them?!"

Andor would scout the area around the loading doors to check out the locks of the door while the others stay a little farther away to be less conspicuous.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

If he believes that he was not spotted and he believes he would be able to open the door he will try to do it.

Disable Device + inspiration 4/5 remaining: 1d20 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (12) + 12 + (3) = 27


Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

OK, just reread a section and discovered I gave you incorrect information. There are agents who don't know each other, so it could be possible to pass yourselves off as Aspis agents if you wanted to. I'll give you a chance to change your mind if you want, or you can continue with trying to sneak in through the loading doors.

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

Before the group heads to the docks, Graxzos turns to Gideon. [b “Do th’Asps workin’ here have any badges or call-signs? Any o’ those pins the Consortium likes?”[/b]


Escaping the Grave, Table 1 | Escaping the Grave, Table 2 | The Midnight Mirror

"No, no special passwords, and only Shinri has a badge."

Scarab Sages

Male CG Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20, red/blondish hair, freckles, smiling) | Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade, Noble Fencer) 1 / Investigator (Empiricist) 4 | HP 58/58 | AC 22 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 (19 Disarm) | F: +4, R: +12, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13 / +15 vs. traps, SM: +9, Dipl. +13 | [ooc] Low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Panache 5/6 | Inspiration 6/7 | Active conditions: Mutagen (AC 26, Dex 26, Ref +14, Will +3)

I would propose to see if Andor managed to open the doors. If yes we sneak in. If no we try bluffing.

Grand Lodge

hp 15/39 | Ac 18 T 14 FF 14 | Init +8 | Fort +8 Ref+8 Will +5 (+3 vs spells, spell-like and poison)| Perception +10 | Grit 1/3 | Reroll 1/1

Yes, let's follow Andor's lead, assuming he can do it unobserved

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

While Andor is working on the locks Kara is watching to see if anyone is watching the pathfinders.

201 to 250 of 418 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] GM Rinaldo's Signs in Senghor All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.