[PFS] GM Rinaldo's Signs in Senghor (Inactive)

Game Master The Great Rinaldo!

Maps and Images


1 to 50 of 418 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

The Midnight Mirror

In the port of Senghor, it is taboo to even speak of the accursed ruin of Boali that sits on the other side of the bay, let alone to set foot in its rubble-strewn streets. Yet rumors have reached the Pathfinder Society that the Aspis Consortium has sent agents to search through this forbidden city. Although few people willingly travel to its shores, Boali is far from quiet. It falls to a small group Pathfinder agents to get the bottom of the Aspis plot without falling prey to the ruin's dangers. Can the PCs bring the Consortiums' true motives to light?

Contents in Signs in Senghor also contribute directly to the ongoing storyline of the Exchange faction.

-------------------

This adventure begins in the town of Eleder on the southwest coast of the Mwangi Expanse. You are in the office of Venture-Captain Finze Bellaugh. Introduce yourselves as you arrive.


Enora | Female LN Small Halfling Arcanist 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 13, T 13, FF 11 | CMD 12 | F +4 R +5 W +5; +2 vs. fear | Init +2 | Perc +1 | Speed 30ft | Spells L1-5/5 L2-3/3 | Arcane Reservoir 7/7 | Staff: 10/10 charges | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Active Conditions: None.

Enora, a small female halfling in fine robes looks at all of you with interest.

She walks through the room and says "Oh yes, I am here!! Hello, my name is Enora. I assume we are all professionals here!! Might be a good chance to get to know each other. I am a little Scarab Sage and faithful follower of Nethys! I am from Rahadoum originally and am quite interested in magical phenomena - I hope to have your support in uncovering the secrets of this wonderful world. And I am quite optimistic that we will be successful!" she says cheerfully.

Grand Lodge

NG half-elf Bard 4 | HP 27/27 | AC:17 T:12 FF:15 CMD: 15 | F+3 R+7 W+4*(+2 vs enchant,+1 morale vs charm/fear,+4 vs bard,lang dependent, sonic)| Init +3| Perc +8, SM+14| Speed 30| Bard Perform: 14/17 | Conditions: | Active effects: Inspire Courage

A beautiful half-elf woman with long, dark red hair and deep brown eyes catches everyone's attention as she walks into the room. She is tall, slender, and graceful in her movements.

Her armor, dyed blue and with gold trim, seems almost new, without the slightest crease as if meticulously maintained. She wears a cestus on one hand and a shortbow and quiver upon her back. Doves are etched on many of her items as well as an angelic ankh, the holy symbol of Sarenrae, proudly displayed upon her chest.

With a warm smile and an angelic voice, she addresses the other pathfinders in attendance.

"Well met friends. It is my deep honor to serve the Society and join you for this mission. My name is Veres Sol and I offer my bardic magic by way of song to inspire us in times of need."

Looking to Enora, her smile never wavering, she says, "Rahadoum! How interesting! I am sure we will be fast friends. I too seek to uncover secrets, as I suppose all pathfinders do to an extent, but I have a fairly broad approach to such things and all my findings are rather diverse."

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
hp 15/39 | Ac 18 T 14 FF 14 | Init +8 | Fort +8 Ref+8 Will +5 (+3 vs spells, spell-like and poison)| Perception +10 | Grit 1/3 | Reroll 1/1

A sturdy female dwarf is the next one to arrive. She takes in the company as she sets down her pack. She carefully places her heavy crossbow on top of the pack and then straightens. Walking towards the two woman she extends her hand "Well met, name is Kara. Would you mind if I ask you something?"

Without waiting for an answer she continues "I am rather good with the crossbow, but I am actually on the lookout for my uncle. His name is Harsk and he is also a Pathfinder. He promised to teach me some tricks once I was old enough to lift a crossbow by myself, but he has not returned to the Five kings mountains. I decided to go find him, but haven't had any luck so far."


Enora | Female LN Small Halfling Arcanist 4 | HP 27/27 | AC 13, T 13, FF 11 | CMD 12 | F +4 R +5 W +5; +2 vs. fear | Init +2 | Perc +1 | Speed 30ft | Spells L1-5/5 L2-3/3 | Arcane Reservoir 7/7 | Staff: 10/10 charges | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Active Conditions: None.

Enora smiles and shakes Kara’s hand.

”Unfortunately, I have never met your uncle before but be assured that I will tell him that you are now trying to find out his whereabouts when I see him!“

Sovereign Court

Male Male Human Swashbuckler 3/ Ninja 2 Panache:3 Ki: 3 Boots: 10 HP:41 AC:22 T:15 FF:17 CMB:+7 CMD:17 Init:+7 Speed:30ft Fort:+4 Ref:+11 Will:+5 +1 Rapier +7, 1d6+12, 18-20x2 Comp. Longbow +8, 1d8+1, 20x3
Skills:
Acro:12 Bluff:9 Climb:8 Diplo:7 Dis Dev:10 Intim:10 Know-Loc:8 Percept:8 Prof:9 Stealth:11

Kel sits in the corner before the mission, as he always does, going through the profit margin book for his tavern, The Laughing Lizard. Having sent quite a few Pathfinders on missions out of said tavern, it's not uncommon for people to recognize it, or him, so he doesn't make any attempt to hide it.

It also the worst kept secret in Absalom that the Laughing Lizard is also a front for the local thieves guild, so those with mathematical accuity may also be able to tell that every now and then he doctors a line, covering up an especially big transaction for the guild. After a few minutes he stands, and snaps the ledger closed.

Kel possesses all of the above vanities, purchased with PP. He owns a tavern, and is a member of the thieves guild. It may provide a small benefit in games, so I always let the GM know in case it comes up. Kel is modeled after the Nightingales from Skyrim. He is a Swashbuckler/Ninja with quite a few tricks up his sleeve. His appearance and dress are similar to Captain Hook from the tv show Once Upon a Time.

He smiles warmly and addresses the gathered Pathfinders.
Well met, friends. I'm Kel, and I'll probably be the one in front finding all the nasties. Just make sure I don't get killed?

He extends his hand to each in turn, for a friendly handshake.
I hear we're supposed to be looking through some forbidden ruins? Sounds like a grnd adventure to me. Last time I was sent on that kind of mission, it was hotter than a street-woman's pocket. And in Osirion. Hopefully this isnt as unfriendly.

He eyes Kara apprasingly and answers her bluntly.
Harsk? Aye, I've heard tell of him, but I've never met the fellow. I hear he's a bloody terrible shot though.

His warm chuckle after that makes it obvious he was only kidding about the last part.

I have adventured with Harsk with this guy, three times. I've seen Harsk die with this guy, too. Three times. Lol. All of them weren't even the fault of the player.

The Exchange

M Nagaji Oracle5 HP 41/41 AC22/TC13/FF19 F+4 R+6 W+6 (+2/mind-affecting&poison) CMB+4 CMD14 Spd20ft Init+7 Perc+3 Spell Slots: 1st-5/7|2nd-4/5 |Active Buffs: N/A

"My apologies, the Prophecies require abstinence of physical contact." Rising, the nagaji offers a slight bow of greeting instead. Only his scaled head is uncovered, as his pristine white garments include full gloves trimmed in gold. A white enameled breastplate matches his tunic and breeches. The only item not of brilliant white and gold among his equipment is the darkwood shield resting against the just vacated chair.

"Please call me Goroshi. I hope to be able to assist Mistress Sol in identifying whatever ancient discoveries we are sent to investigate and will be able to guard your lives against an untimely end. I am protected by good fortune, but please understand I am no warrior, merely a prophet." He tilts his head slightly, considering the conversation. "I am not familiar with this Pathfinder, but should I hear anything of use, I will gladly share it with you."

Grand Lodge

NG half-elf Bard 4 | HP 27/27 | AC:17 T:12 FF:15 CMD: 15 | F+3 R+7 W+4*(+2 vs enchant,+1 morale vs charm/fear,+4 vs bard,lang dependent, sonic)| Init +3| Perc +8, SM+14| Speed 30| Bard Perform: 14/17 | Conditions: | Active effects: Inspire Courage

Graciously taking the young dwarven woman's hand, Veres dips her head and smiles pleasantly.

"I am afraid, much like the rest of this group, I have only heard tales of your uncles exploits and never met him personally. From what I have heard though, seek him out in Absalom at the lodge there. He is said to frequent it, looking to join others on the many missions offered there."

She turns to the other new arrivals, and greets each in their own way, bowing, shaking hands, or merely nodding if the case may be.

"It is a pleasure, truly, to meet all of you." she starts with a velvety voice. "While I usually sing for my supper, as the saying goes, I will offer what combat assistance is necessary, preferring to use my bow over joining melee if I can help it."

Looking to Ushi specifically, her eyes take on a new intensity, not all together unpleasant. She looks for any identifying sigils or holy symbols that might suggest a divine patron. Finding none, she sudden realizes something and launches into an excited rush of words.

"A prophet? How wonderful! You must tell me of your divine insights and how they take form. From your dress and manners I would say you are a follower of the Prophecies of Kalistrade? I myself am studying the way of Sarenrae's paladins, and hope one day to join their ranks, scourging evil from the lands. Alas, I still have much to learn still before that happens."

The Exchange

M Nagaji Oracle5 HP 41/41 AC22/TC13/FF19 F+4 R+6 W+6 (+2/mind-affecting&poison) CMB+4 CMD14 Spd20ft Init+7 Perc+3 Spell Slots: 1st-5/7|2nd-4/5 |Active Buffs: N/A

"I am new to the prophecies myself, and have Temel Passad to thank for my enlightenment. The tenants of abstinence were not onerous to adopt personally and have given me greater clarity in my business dealings. I have often found strikes of inspiration to arrive at the most fortuitous moments." He folds his gloved hands in front of him in contemplation. "The markets are not concerned with the moral quandaries of the gods, but I do find worshipers of the celestial planes to be excellent customers in general."

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

A scruffy, bearded dwarf with a dead white streak running through his chestnut-colored hair barges through the door, rattling it slightly as he goes. "Sorry, sorry, 'm late, wha'd I miss?" he growls. "Oh, nothin'. Tha's good." The dwarf's attire is rough, patchwork and sewn with a wide array of buckles, straps, pullchains, pockets, pouches, and catches--many of which are clearly homemade. He wears a backpack and a small shield on his back, and a waraxe and pistol hang at his belt on opposite sides (if, that is, anyone here recognizes a pistol!).

"Th'name's Graxzos Khar-Bulkhet," the dwarf continues, hoisting himself into a chair and settling in comfortably. "Friends call me Grax. You lot c'n call me Graxzos. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" he laughs uproariously at his own joke for a few seconds, then, wiping his eyes, adds, "I'm damn excited t'go harin' off into these old ruins...tomb-raidin' is an ol' pastime o'mine."

Grand Lodge

hp 15/39 | Ac 18 T 14 FF 14 | Init +8 | Fort +8 Ref+8 Will +5 (+3 vs spells, spell-like and poison)| Perception +10 | Grit 1/3 | Reroll 1/1

"Graxzos, we are still waiting for the Venture Captain to make his or her appearance, what makes you think we will go to investigate those ruins?"

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Male Human Swashbuckler 3/ Ninja 2 Panache:3 Ki: 3 Boots: 10 HP:41 AC:22 T:15 FF:17 CMB:+7 CMD:17 Init:+7 Speed:30ft Fort:+4 Ref:+11 Will:+5 +1 Rapier +7, 1d6+12, 18-20x2 Comp. Longbow +8, 1d8+1, 20x3
Skills:
Acro:12 Bluff:9 Climb:8 Diplo:7 Dis Dev:10 Intim:10 Know-Loc:8 Percept:8 Prof:9 Stealth:11

Kel guffaws at Graxos.
Grax! I sent you off into those ruins for a training exercise in that obstacle course, remember? Well done on that mission. The Grand Lodge was quite pleased with everyone's performance! Glad to see you'll have my back, mate.

He nods at Ushi, giving a head bow.
My apologies, mate. I understand. I meant no offense.

To the rest of the group, he smiles.
Looks like I'll be taking point. If you'll just keep that cannon of yours aimed at the baddies on my flank, I think we'll have it covered Grax. Anyone here good with healing? I'm good with my blade, but I'm not invincible.

He gestures to one of the wands in his crossed bandoliers. If anyone takes a close look, they see a wide variety of potions adorning his chest and belt pouches.
I'm also carrying a potion for almost any malady we might encounter. Even if you get an upset stomach. Just let me know and I've got you covered. Helps save magic for the important stuff when you don't have to waste your energy on little things.

He looks toward the door, tapping his fingers on the pommel of his rapier impatiently.
Still no idea why we're here, though. Anyone else got a clue?


The Midnight Mirror

Images of interest

Venture-Captain Finze Bellaugh arrives in the meeting room and greets you all. He stands next to a large table with books, scrolls, and maps spread haphazardly about. His brow furrows in thought as he surveys one of the maps that lie before him. “Over the last few months, the Aspis Consortium has devoted a surprisingly large number of resources to a mining operation somewhere in the Kaava Lands, beyond Bloodcove.” He circles a general area on the map with his finger before continuing, “Since the operation started, we’ve heard quite a few reports from locals in the Kaava Lands of strange and foreboding occurrences, with many pointing the blame towards to the Consortium’s mysterious operation.”

The venture-captain crosses one arm over his chest, stroking his beard with the other. “Several other Pathfinders are already out in the field investigating. Juliet Diaz has traveled towards Bloodcove on a fact-finding mission of sorts. Meanwhile, Fola Barun has gone out into the Kaava Lands to dig deeper into the locals’ troubling reports.

“Still, their investigations face a major obstacle. The Aspis Consortium wields considerable influence in Bloodcove, and this influence extends far beyond the city’s borders. If we want to be able to investigate in earnest, we’ll need allies. Fortunately, the Consortium has dropped an opportunity into our laps.”

Bellaugh smiles. He points to Bloodcove on the map and then traces his finger south along the coast. “The port of Senghor lies about two hundred miles to the south of Bloodcove. The Aspis Consortium doesn’t have a strong presence in Senghor—after all, the city has strong independent merchants and no tolerance for slavery. Just a little ways north of Senghor is a ruined city called Boali. The mere mention of Boali is taboo in Senghor, as it is widely seen to be a cursed and haunted place. We’ve heard credible reports that Aspis agents have begun excavating for relics in Boali, and this expedition would surely sour their reputation in Senghor. However, the city’s leaders would not take mere rumors as cause for action without solid evidence. They also are unlikely to send their own people to Boali unless they must. That’s where you come in. If you can find evidence of Aspis activities in Boali, the Society will have a case to gain support from Senghor’s leaders for our future operation against the Consortium. The more you can find about the Consortium’s activities and objectives, the stronger your case will be.”

“A fellow Pathfinder and old friend of mine, Mirian Raas, will be dropping you off at the port in Senghor.” He moves towards a desk at the end of the chamber, opens a drawer, and produces a sealed envelope. “This is a letter of introduction from myself to the Senghor Council of Elders, bearing the seal of the Society. It will get you a meeting with some of their representatives in a reasonable amount of time.”

He holds a hand forward as though motioning to stop and then adds, “Before you get too excited about exploring an accursed city filled with all manner of unknown riches and relics, keep in mind that local taboo makes it difficult to discern just how dangerous Boali really is. Be ready to leave the city immediately if you find yourselves in over your heads.”

Mirian Raas speaks up. “I can tell you a bit about our destination. Senghor is a port city on the Bay of Senghor. It was founded 2,000 years ago and was built like no other city of its age. Its harbor is strong enough to protect it from storms coming from the Eye of Abendego, and it could hold off a naval assault by a fleet far stronger than any that has ever been in the area. As far as anyone knows, anyways. The people of Senghor rely heavily on ocean trade, and they will not for any reason deal with slavers, even suspected slavers. The ruling class is also heavily focused on expansion as of late, which may soon put them at odds with Bloodcove and the Aspis Consortium.”

“The city is ruled by a council made up of representatives from the nobility, the priesthood of Gozreh, the merchants’ compact, and the military. While it would be highly doubtful you would be able to speak to the leaders of each faction, you could certainly speak with representatives from each. So long as you have a unanimous decision from at least one representative from each ruling faction during your meeting, you will have the full support of the council on whatever matters you are discussing. Either during the day or in the early evening, head over to the council hall and show them the letter of introduction you got from the venture-captain. That should get you a meeting; then it’s up to you to present your case. I doubt you’ll get a second chance, so make sure you are ready to make it count before you request the meeting.”

After a pause, she adds. “Getting to the Boali ruins will require you to cross the bay. Which of you is proficient at operating a small ship?”

You may ask questions and discuss what you've been told. Knowledge checks below may give you additional useful information.

Knowledge (History)

DC 15:
All of Boalisi culture, including the ruined city of Boali, either vanished or was destroyed 2,000 years ago due to an unknown catastrophe.
DC 20:
Boalisi explorers ventured far into the Kaava Lands before the collapse of their culture. The few scraps of history that remain speak of them claiming various ruins, but few other sites in the Kaava Lands have been definitively connected to this exploration.
DC 25:
The Boalisi frequently built their settlements with materials pulled from ancient ruins and claimed all manner of relics from the sites as their own.
DC 30:
Shortly before the collapse of their culture, Boalisi people recovered dozens of relics from the ancient cyclops city of Kaddodi, part of the fallen cyclops empire Ghol-Gan.

Knowledge (Local)

DC 10:
In Senghor, speaking of Boali is taboo, entry to Boali is strictly forbidden, and Boali is considered cursed.
DC 15:
Although Boali is largely abandoned, rumors persist that on moonlit nights, the ghostly sounds of running footsteps and clashing swords echo down the empty streets.
DC 20:
A sizable clan of boggards called the Tralika prowls the outskirts of Boali, serving a so-called Great Queen.
DC 25:
The Great Queen of the Tralika is a powerful and fiercely territorial magical beast called a mobogo.

Exchange members click here for an important missive from Trade Prince Aaqir al'Hakam:
Most Esteemed Associate,

I was delighted to hear that you were one of the agents selected for the investigation into potential unsavory Aspis activities around Senghor. I’ve been monitoring the situation through the contacts I have, but the Consortium’s influence on the markets of Bloodcove has provided a significant barrier. I don’t have anything to add to what Venture-Captain Bellaugh can already tell you, I’m afraid. I spoke to Aya Allahe, master merchant of Nantambu; however, she had not heard much, and actively investigating the Aspis Consortium’s activities would be a great professional risk for her. After all, trade flowing out of Nantambu must pass down the Vanji River and through Bloodcove, which controls the river’s mouth. Still, I understand that she’s working with several prominent local Pathfinders to prepare a deeper investigation into Bloodcove once you have uncovered enough evidence to justify it.

More so than your fellow Pathfinders, you understand that the weakening of one major trade faction leaves room for others to grow and flourish. With you on this mission, we can lay the groundwork for our organization to seize this opportunity. While you are in Senghor, do your best to impress the city’s mercantile compact with your trade knowledge and negotiating skill. Don’t just talk to the most powerful merchants, though the more you can spread the word about the benefits of working with the Exchange, the more likely we are to make inroads in the city’s markets.

The Aspis Consortium tends toward a singular focus on profit above all else, not hesitating to extract profit from misery. Their actions in the Mwangi region are, to be frank, exploitative. Let us rise above their example, forging agreements that are beneficial to all involved parties.

Safe Travels,
Trade Prince Aaqir al’Hakam

Grand Lodge

hp 15/39 | Ac 18 T 14 FF 14 | Init +8 | Fort +8 Ref+8 Will +5 (+3 vs spells, spell-like and poison)| Perception +10 | Grit 1/3 | Reroll 1/1

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

"That is a tough mission you are giving us. Even speaking of Boali is taboo, while entry is forbidden. If we want to present our case we definitely need proof, otherwise they will just kick us out. The city is considered to be cursed and although it should be abandoned I heard rumors that on moonlit nights, the ghostly sounds of running footsteps and clashing swords echo down the empty streets. We also need to be aware of a clan of boggards called the Tralika. They prowl the outskirts of Boali, serving a so-called Great Queen.

Kara folds her hands and looks at her companions "I think I should be able to manage a boat on a still lake, but I am not so sure about handling a boat in that gulf, so near the Eye"

I have a +3 on Wis, so also on Profession (Sailor)

Sovereign Court

Male Male Human Swashbuckler 3/ Ninja 2 Panache:3 Ki: 3 Boots: 10 HP:41 AC:22 T:15 FF:17 CMB:+7 CMD:17 Init:+7 Speed:30ft Fort:+4 Ref:+11 Will:+5 +1 Rapier +7, 1d6+12, 18-20x2 Comp. Longbow +8, 1d8+1, 20x3
Skills:
Acro:12 Bluff:9 Climb:8 Diplo:7 Dis Dev:10 Intim:10 Know-Loc:8 Percept:8 Prof:9 Stealth:11

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Kel grimaces.
Aye, I've heard tale of this place a few time in The Lizard. The Great Queen of the Tralika is a powerful and fiercely territorial magical beast called a mobogo. Be best if we don't have a run-in with her, eh?

He looks at the ones gathered around him.
I've never sailed a boat, but I'll help out best I can. Maybe I should buy one eventually...

He falls silent as he begins crunching numbers in his head, seeing if it would be profitable enough to purchase a vessel.

Grand Lodge

NG half-elf Bard 4 | HP 27/27 | AC:17 T:12 FF:15 CMD: 15 | F+3 R+7 W+4*(+2 vs enchant,+1 morale vs charm/fear,+4 vs bard,lang dependent, sonic)| Init +3| Perc +8, SM+14| Speed 30| Bard Perform: 14/17 | Conditions: | Active effects: Inspire Courage

Know History: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

"From stories and songs I have heard on the subject, all of Boalisi culture, including the ruined city of Boali, either vanished or was destroyed 2,000 years ago due to an unknown catastrophe. The fact that it has been found is fantastic!" Veres says with genuine excitement.

The Exchange

M Nagaji Oracle5 HP 41/41 AC22/TC13/FF19 F+4 R+6 W+6 (+2/mind-affecting&poison) CMB+4 CMD14 Spd20ft Init+7 Perc+3 Spell Slots: 1st-5/7|2nd-4/5 |Active Buffs: N/A

Knowledge History: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

"I have heard little of the Boalisi, as very little of their culture has survived. They are rumored to have been destroyed centuries ago." The nagaji places a hand to chin, although the awkwardness of the gesture hints at an affectation of others rather than a personal habit. "In fact, their vanishing aligns with the establishment of Senghor. Curious. They were known to have expanded into the lands of Kaava but no other site can be definitively linked to their occupation." He shakes his head at the mention of sailing. "I have never taken the opportunity to master the profession of the sailors. It sounds as if hiring a pilot may be difficult but I will gladly speak with the council factions to see if there are any who might be persuaded."


The Midnight Mirror
Kara Giantbane wrote:

Kara folds her hands and looks at her companions "I think I should be able to manage a boat on a still lake, but I am not so sure about handling a boat in that gulf, so near the Eye"

I have a +3 on Wis, so also on Profession (Sailor)

Mirian nods and points to one of the maps on the table. "You won't be anywhere near the Eye, but even so if you aren't experienced you may need help. It's a full day just to make the crossing; everyone will be pitching in, but you'll want someone in charge with a background on the water. If no one here is a sailor, I can find you someone. They won't go to the ruins with you, but they can pilot the ship and wait while you explore. "

Venture-Captain Bellaugh smiles. "Thank you, Mirian, we appreciate the offer." Looking to the rest of you, he asks, "Anything else? If not, you can gather any supplies you need while you're here, then meet Mirian at the docks to sail to Senghor."

Scarab Sages

Male CG Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20, red/blondish hair, freckles, smiling) | Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade, Noble Fencer) 1 / Investigator (Empiricist) 4 | HP 58/58 | AC 22 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 (19 Disarm) | F: +4, R: +12, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13 / +15 vs. traps, SM: +9, Dipl. +13 | [ooc] Low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Panache 5/6 | Inspiration 6/7 | Active conditions: Mutagen (AC 26, Dex 26, Ref +14, Will +3)

”My dear colleagues, so sorry that I am late and it is so nice meeting you! I can see our names printed in the chronicles already!“ Andor says with a smile on his face.

You see a human around twenty years old in light leather armor, rapier and loose clothing.

”I have to admit that I just rejoined the PFS from a personal mission I had to attend. So this is all again very new for me!“ he says apologetically.

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

"Gah!" Graxzos is clearly startled by Andor's appearance, but he recovers quickly. He listens carefully to the briefing and the others' information, nodding along.

"I ain't much use on a boat," he growls, "But I can keep a lookout and warn off anybody tha' comes prowlin'." Turning to the Venture-Captain and Raas, he asks, "Wha' kinda 'expansion' is Senghor innerested in? An' if I unnerstand you right, we gotta convince one person from each o' the rulin' factions: the merchants, military, priests, an' nobles. Tha' about th'size of it?"

When an assistant under-Pathfinder hands him a note, he unfolds it, reads it with interest, and passes it over to Ushi, to whom it's also addressed.


The Midnight Mirror
Graxzos Glyphkeeper wrote:
"Wha' kinda 'expansion' is Senghor innerested in?"

"They want to expand their mercantile reach, which will put them in a position to bump up against the Aspis Consortium ... especially if we can nudge them a little."

Graxzos Glyphkeeper wrote:
"An' if I unnerstand you right, we gotta convince one person from each o' the rulin' factions: the merchants, military, priests, an' nobles. Tha' about th'size of it?"

"Precisely. The letter of introduction I gave you should be sufficient to get you a meeting with a representative from each, whose opinion will be reflected in the overall council."

Scarab Sages

Male CG Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20, red/blondish hair, freckles, smiling) | Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade, Noble Fencer) 1 / Investigator (Empiricist) 4 | HP 58/58 | AC 22 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 (19 Disarm) | F: +4, R: +12, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13 / +15 vs. traps, SM: +9, Dipl. +13 | [ooc] Low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Panache 5/6 | Inspiration 6/7 | Active conditions: Mutagen (AC 26, Dex 26, Ref +14, Will +3)

”Grax! No reason to get startled! Okay, so the Aspis agents have begun excavating for relics in Boali and we have to find evidence of Aspis activities in Boali so that the Society will have a case to gain support from Senghor’s leaders for our future operation against the Consortium. Makes sense! And now we have to play Prince Charming and get to an unanimous decision from at least one representative from each ruling faction during the upcoming meeting, so we will have the full support of the council on being allowed to enter Boali! Super easy!“ Andor says with a sly smile.

kn history, Free inspiration : 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (20) + 8 + (2) = 30

kn local , Free inspiration : 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (15) + 8 + (1) = 24

Andor listens to the others explanations.

”You guys got the history quite right! I just want to add that the Boalisi frequently built their settlements with materials pulled from ancient ruins and claimed all manner of relics from the sites as their own. And on top of that, shortly before the collapse of their culture, Boalisi people recovered dozens of relics from the ancient cyclops city of Kaddodi, part of the fallen cyclops empire Ghol-Gan!“


The Midnight Mirror

Let me know if there are any further questions or if you need to make any purchases before you leave Eledir.

The Exchange

M Nagaji Oracle5 HP 41/41 AC22/TC13/FF19 F+4 R+6 W+6 (+2/mind-affecting&poison) CMB+4 CMD14 Spd20ft Init+7 Perc+3 Spell Slots: 1st-5/7|2nd-4/5 |Active Buffs: N/A
GM Rinaldo wrote:
Graxzos Glyphkeeper wrote:
"Wha' kinda 'expansion' is Senghor innerested in?"
"They want to expand their mercantile reach, which will put them in a position to bump up against the Aspis Consortium ... especially if we can nudge them a little."

"I believe Graxzos and I shall be able to provide that nudge and more." Ushi observes, folding the missive handed to him and tucking it into a pouch. Andor's summary brings a nod as well. "Unless there is more that can be shared of the council members disposition, I am ready to depart."

Given the expectation of sailing, Ushi will pick up potions of air bubble and touch of the sea. I'll check for any other purchases when I get home.

Grand Lodge

hp 15/39 | Ac 18 T 14 FF 14 | Init +8 | Fort +8 Ref+8 Will +5 (+3 vs spells, spell-like and poison)| Perception +10 | Grit 1/3 | Reroll 1/1

"I am ready to go, I can recommend to purchase a cork vest. It will help you float"

Sovereign Court

Male Male Human Swashbuckler 3/ Ninja 2 Panache:3 Ki: 3 Boots: 10 HP:41 AC:22 T:15 FF:17 CMB:+7 CMD:17 Init:+7 Speed:30ft Fort:+4 Ref:+11 Will:+5 +1 Rapier +7, 1d6+12, 18-20x2 Comp. Longbow +8, 1d8+1, 20x3
Skills:
Acro:12 Bluff:9 Climb:8 Diplo:7 Dis Dev:10 Intim:10 Know-Loc:8 Percept:8 Prof:9 Stealth:11

Kel nods sagely.
Aye, I'll be making some purchases as well. A few potions here and there, and perhaps few more alchemical resources. I'll have to check my available funds first, anyone fancy a lunch stop at the Lizard before we make our way to the shops? Food and drinks on the house, mates!

With that, he begins to make his way toward the door.

After a brief respite at his tavern, and a heated debate with his bar manager, a spirited Halfling woman named Meralda (What do you mean, we spent six thousand gold on barstools!? Wait, are those the ones we bought to replace the... MERALDA STOP THROWING FIRE AT ME I'M SORRY!), Kel makes his way to the various potion shops in Absalom and purchases the following:
Potion of Cure Light Wounds x3
Potion of Enlarge Person
Potion of Protection from Evil x2

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

Grax, having no further questions for the Venture-Captain, also heads out into Eleder to make some purchases. He stops by a reputable alchemist's store and, after weighing his options, decides to be a little conservative.

I'm just going to buy 4 pouches of air crystals, for 200 gp.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20, red/blondish hair, freckles, smiling) | Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade, Noble Fencer) 1 / Investigator (Empiricist) 4 | HP 58/58 | AC 22 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 (19 Disarm) | F: +4, R: +12, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13 / +15 vs. traps, SM: +9, Dipl. +13 | [ooc] Low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Panache 5/6 | Inspiration 6/7 | Active conditions: Mutagen (AC 26, Dex 26, Ref +14, Will +3)

”Andor thinks for a moment. What are the names of the representatives that we need to impress and what are potentially successful methods to convince them?“ Andor asks.

Then he thinks for a moment.

”Do we also know who our counterparts in the Aspis Consortium are and with whom they are allied in the city?“

He contemplates on the answers and asks a final question.

”To be able to manage our resources I need to understand what your estimated timing of this mission is. When will we arrive, will we stay overnight, when does the council meet, when will we depart for the accursed city, will we stay there for longer periods of time?“

The Exchange

M Nagaji Oracle5 HP 41/41 AC22/TC13/FF19 F+4 R+6 W+6 (+2/mind-affecting&poison) CMB+4 CMD14 Spd20ft Init+7 Perc+3 Spell Slots: 1st-5/7|2nd-4/5 |Active Buffs: N/A

Ushi will pick up a circlet of persuasion while he is out in addition to the previously mentioned potions. Gotta have that bling!


The Midnight Mirror
Andor Katsu wrote:
”Andor thinks for a moment. What are the names of the representatives that we need to impress and what are potentially successful methods to convince them?“ Andor asks.

"We have no way of knowing who you will be meeting with. You will have to find out what you can once you are there."

Andor Katsu wrote:
”Do we also know who our counterparts in the Aspis Consortium are and with whom they are allied in the city?“

"We know very little about their operations, you will have to do your own investigation on that front as well."

Andor Katsu wrote:
”To be able to manage our resources I need to understand what your estimated timing of this mission is. When will we arrive, will we stay overnight, when does the council meet, when will we depart for the accursed city, will we stay there for longer periods of time?“

"Once you arrive in Senghor, it will be up to you to determine what you do and when. The trip across the bay takes a good 24 hours each way, and you will need to have your evidence before you even attempt to meet with the council representatives. How long you stay there depends on what you find. This is very much a 'play it by ear' situation, I'm afraid, so be prepared for anything."

Scarab Sages

Male CG Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20, red/blondish hair, freckles, smiling) | Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade, Noble Fencer) 1 / Investigator (Empiricist) 4 | HP 58/58 | AC 22 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 (19 Disarm) | F: +4, R: +12, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13 / +15 vs. traps, SM: +9, Dipl. +13 | [ooc] Low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Panache 5/6 | Inspiration 6/7 | Active conditions: Mutagen (AC 26, Dex 26, Ref +14, Will +3)

"Thank you! Then I am ready and we can leave!" Andor says.

Grand Lodge

hp 15/39 | Ac 18 T 14 FF 14 | Init +8 | Fort +8 Ref+8 Will +5 (+3 vs spells, spell-like and poison)| Perception +10 | Grit 1/3 | Reroll 1/1

"Let's go!"

Sovereign Court

Male Male Human Swashbuckler 3/ Ninja 2 Panache:3 Ki: 3 Boots: 10 HP:41 AC:22 T:15 FF:17 CMB:+7 CMD:17 Init:+7 Speed:30ft Fort:+4 Ref:+11 Will:+5 +1 Rapier +7, 1d6+12, 18-20x2 Comp. Longbow +8, 1d8+1, 20x3
Skills:
Acro:12 Bluff:9 Climb:8 Diplo:7 Dis Dev:10 Intim:10 Know-Loc:8 Percept:8 Prof:9 Stealth:11

Kel arranges his gear in his pouches and on his bandoliers and gives a nod.
I'm ready mates.


The Midnight Mirror

You gather your gear and make a few last minute purchases, then join Mirian Ross at her ship, the Daughter of the Mist. She provides fair meals and decent bunks for you on the trip up the coast, and you get a good night's rest.

The sunrise illuminates the deep waters of Senghor’s harbor with shades of orange and red, as the enormous, centuries-old defenses rise against the horizon. Massive towers built with immense stone blocks flank the harbor’s entrance, showcasing the city’s architectural marvels.

After docking, Mirian Raas guides you towards Senghor’s grand market, located at the city center and bordered by a ring of canals. “Make any final preparations for tracking the Aspis agents in Boali. Meet me back at the Daughter of the Mist by midday. I will procure the use of a local fishing boat to sail across the bay and back, and I'll have one of my crewmen join you as pilot. His name is White-Toothed Wallace.”

If you have anything you want to do here in Senghor before you head over to Boali, let me know. If I haven't heard from anyone by the end of the day, I'll go ahead and move forward.

For the sake of PbP time, I'll preempt something my face-to-face players thought of: Since you need evidence of what is happening in Boali, there is no point in going to the council today. You can't even know who might be available to speak with you until you are ready to actually present your case.

Grand Lodge

hp 15/39 | Ac 18 T 14 FF 14 | Init +8 | Fort +8 Ref+8 Will +5 (+3 vs spells, spell-like and poison)| Perception +10 | Grit 1/3 | Reroll 1/1

Agreed on that last point, I also considered that

"Thank you Captain Raas, I think I have everything I need." Kara looks her companions in the eye "I am very bad at gathering rumors, but I will accompany you if you want to go out. Best not talk about our destination though, remember it is taboo to even mention it"

The Exchange

M Nagaji Oracle5 HP 41/41 AC22/TC13/FF19 F+4 R+6 W+6 (+2/mind-affecting&poison) CMB+4 CMD14 Spd20ft Init+7 Perc+3 Spell Slots: 1st-5/7|2nd-4/5 |Active Buffs: N/A

"Perhaps some surveying of the markets will allow us to learn the gossip of the town without revealing our purpose?" Ushi suggests. "I will gladly accept your escort if you are up for a walk."

Ushi has a +14 to gather information if that is a viable option.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20, red/blondish hair, freckles, smiling) | Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade, Noble Fencer) 1 / Investigator (Empiricist) 4 | HP 58/58 | AC 22 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 (19 Disarm) | F: +4, R: +12, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13 / +15 vs. traps, SM: +9, Dipl. +13 | [ooc] Low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Panache 5/6 | Inspiration 6/7 | Active conditions: Mutagen (AC 26, Dex 26, Ref +14, Will +3)

”Let us definitely try to gather some information on the council, the Aspis and the forbidden city!“ Andor suggests.

Diplomacy - Info Gathering : 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Sovereign Court

Male Male Human Swashbuckler 3/ Ninja 2 Panache:3 Ki: 3 Boots: 10 HP:41 AC:22 T:15 FF:17 CMB:+7 CMD:17 Init:+7 Speed:30ft Fort:+4 Ref:+11 Will:+5 +1 Rapier +7, 1d6+12, 18-20x2 Comp. Longbow +8, 1d8+1, 20x3
Skills:
Acro:12 Bluff:9 Climb:8 Diplo:7 Dis Dev:10 Intim:10 Know-Loc:8 Percept:8 Prof:9 Stealth:11

Kel hits the local taverns, trying learn any rumors he can.
Diplo, Gather Info: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

The Exchange

M Nagaji Oracle5 HP 41/41 AC22/TC13/FF19 F+4 R+6 W+6 (+2/mind-affecting&poison) CMB+4 CMD14 Spd20ft Init+7 Perc+3 Spell Slots: 1st-5/7|2nd-4/5 |Active Buffs: N/A

Ushi hits the marketplace, browsing the stalls and chatting with the local merchants.
Gather Information: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20


The Midnight Mirror

And now I check, and your previous Knowledge checks have already given you all the information you could gather here in the port ... moving on ... ;-)

After a short period of talking to the locals, you gather at the dock where you easily identify White-Toothed Wallace by his full set of highly-polished dentures. He greets you, and after determining that none of you has a sailing background, goes about showing you the basics of handling the ship. "The trip is going to take a full day and night, so I'll have to sleep some time. You can all take turns keeping watch and holding the rudder steady. Otherwise just make yourselves as comfortable as you can."

Crossing the bay requires Profession (Sailor) checks. Wallace will make the check, but if anyone has an ability that lets then make a Profession (sailor) check untrained, now would be a good time to mention, as you'll be able to roll to assist.

Because the journey is going to take about 24 hours and a fishing boat isn't really designed for restful sleep, everyone must make a Fortitude save. If anyone is able to assist Wallace with the ship, you could potentially shorten the trip by sailing while he sleeps, but anyone who does so will take a penalty on the save.

The Exchange

Male Dwarf (Pahmet) Gunslinger (Pistolero) 4/Urban Barbarian 1
Vital Stats:
Current HP: 43/44 | AC/T/FF: 18/15/13 [+1 w/shield, +1 when adj. to 2 foes] | Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +4 | SR 10 | Perception +2 | Current Grit: 0/2 | Remaining Rage: 1/5

No ability to make that check untrained, as far as I know...

Grax eyes the fishing boat uneasily. "Dwarves 'n water don't...always mix well," he mutters. But he boards the boat gamely enough.

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Just a thing I'm gonna mention in case it's relevant...Grax always keeps his pistol loaded, unless I state otherwise. ;)

The Exchange

M Nagaji Oracle5 HP 41/41 AC22/TC13/FF19 F+4 R+6 W+6 (+2/mind-affecting&poison) CMB+4 CMD14 Spd20ft Init+7 Perc+3 Spell Slots: 1st-5/7|2nd-4/5 |Active Buffs: N/A

Fort Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Unable to offer any help.

Grand Lodge

NG half-elf Bard 4 | HP 27/27 | AC:17 T:12 FF:15 CMD: 15 | F+3 R+7 W+4*(+2 vs enchant,+1 morale vs charm/fear,+4 vs bard,lang dependent, sonic)| Init +3| Perc +8, SM+14| Speed 30| Bard Perform: 14/17 | Conditions: | Active effects: Inspire Courage

Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 Also unable to offer any help.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20, red/blondish hair, freckles, smiling) | Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade, Noble Fencer) 1 / Investigator (Empiricist) 4 | HP 58/58 | AC 22 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 (19 Disarm) | F: +4, R: +12, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13 / +15 vs. traps, SM: +9, Dipl. +13 | [ooc] Low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Panache 5/6 | Inspiration 6/7 | Active conditions: Mutagen (AC 26, Dex 26, Ref +14, Will +3)

One question GM: Shouldn't we be able to 'aid another' also untrained? We can hit DC 10 untrained and that is the DC for 'aid another' I thought. ;-)

If aid untrained possible, wis check and spending one inspiration for +1d6: 1d20 + 0 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + 0 + (4) = 13

* * *

Fort save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 Please deduct the malus for aiding if that would work. If the save is not a success Andor spends another 2 inspiration to add d6 to the roll: 1d6 ⇒ 3

2/5 inspiration potentially remaining. Knowing we are traveling 24 hours is always good as I can spam my inspiration and have it back for the next day. ;-)

Grand Lodge

hp 15/39 | Ac 18 T 14 FF 14 | Init +8 | Fort +8 Ref+8 Will +5 (+3 vs spells, spell-like and poison)| Perception +10 | Grit 1/3 | Reroll 1/1

Andor: the "can reach 10 when untrained" is a specific case for Knowledge skills only. Kara can't assist

Fortitude: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

"I should have brought more blankets!"


The Midnight Mirror

Andor: What Kara said ... that only applies to Knowledge checks.

Also, spending inspiration has to be done before you know the result of the check. Do you want to spend the points for the bonus here or not?

Waiting for Kel's save before we move on.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20, red/blondish hair, freckles, smiling) | Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade, Noble Fencer) 1 / Investigator (Empiricist) 4 | HP 58/58 | AC 22 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 (19 Disarm) | F: +4, R: +12, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13 / +15 vs. traps, SM: +9, Dipl. +13 | [ooc] Low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Panache 5/6 | Inspiration 6/7 | Active conditions: Mutagen (AC 26, Dex 26, Ref +14, Will +3)
GM Rinaldo wrote:

Andor: What Kara said ... that only applies to Knowledge checks.

Also, spending inspiration has to be done before you know the result of the check. Do you want to spend the points for the bonus here or not?

Waiting for Kel's save before we move on.

Thanks GM, so if aiding is not possible then Andor would just not roll for aiding. The fort save of 18 is ok as well so no inspiration there either. 5/5 inspiration left.


The Midnight Mirror

It's been 24 hours, I'm going to roll for him:
Kel's Fort Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

A full day passes without event as you slowly make your way across the bay. The boat makes for a very uncomfortable bed, and Kara just can't manage to get comfortable. She wakes up with a pinched neck and bags under her eyes.
Kara failed the save, so is fatigued until she can get a good rest (unless anyone has a way of removing fatigue).

You are now on a narrow beach, with a thickly-treed swampland just ahead of you.

How do you want to go about looking for signs of Aspis activity?

Scarab Sages

Male CG Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20, red/blondish hair, freckles, smiling) | Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade, Noble Fencer) 1 / Investigator (Empiricist) 4 | HP 58/58 | AC 22 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 (19 Disarm) | F: +4, R: +12, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13 / +15 vs. traps, SM: +9, Dipl. +13 | [ooc] Low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Panache 5/6 | Inspiration 6/7 | Active conditions: Mutagen (AC 26, Dex 26, Ref +14, Will +3)

Andor starts to search the landing area assuming that others would land here too.

Perception : 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Then he would assist anybody who is trained so that we look for any tracks that hint towards an Aspis team in the area.

Survival aid : 1d20 ⇒ 16

Grand Lodge

hp 15/39 | Ac 18 T 14 FF 14 | Init +8 | Fort +8 Ref+8 Will +5 (+3 vs spells, spell-like and poison)| Perception +10 | Grit 1/3 | Reroll 1/1

Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Kara searches for tracks

1 to 50 of 418 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] GM Rinaldo's Signs in Senghor All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.