Wardove's Rumble in the Jungle

Game Master Laithoron

[ Links: Matrix | ToC | Wiki ]


1,701 to 1,750 of 11,113 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>

Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

At Justin's request.


Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Lureene, unaware of anything wrong, watches the Count intently, but keeps quiet.


Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Felmor, noticing the tension rising, grips the hilt of his sword tightly, but says nothing.


"Count Ayers–" Captain Monroe steps forward and gets ready to speak, but Alex stands up and waves him off.

"Father," Alex musters his courage, "it has been brought to my attention that you were seen freeing Princess Alis' prisoner, the assassin Chivane, from her cell earlier this evening. The guard of the south battlements was also found dead — stabbed from behind and plunged to his death over the curtain wall."

His voice cracks a bit as he asks, "What is going on, Father?!"


Count Ayers responds, "Oh? Why don't you tell me what's going on. Why should you question a lord in his own castle? Is a ruler not entitled to pursue their own agendas at their whim?"

The count turns to look at all those assembled, "You raise these questions as if you intend to do something about it. However, the only figure I see in this room capable of such action are made of lead and glass. Exactly what did you have in mind?"


Sense Motive Checks:
Alis 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Felmor 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Lureene 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Malandraenas 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Priyya 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Alis, Felmor, Priyya:
Something about the way Count Ayers is speaking is disturbingly familiar, but you can't quite place it just yet...

His face filled with confusion and pain, Alex shouts, "What is this mockery, Father? You may rule Dunwaar but there are laws and the people to consider! Why would you place us on the brink of war like this?"


Priyya's eyes never falter. Where do I know that tone from? Lucia? Chivane?


Felmor looks to his Beloved and reads the look on her face, and in her eyes. He casts a brief look towards the heavens, perhaps for assistance, or maybe to acknowledge he may be ascending there soon. His last look is for his Desert Rose, and she sees the love he has for her in his gaze. It lasts for but a split second, but it is sufficient. He then turns to look at the 'Count' and his other hand strays to his dagger, under his coat.


"Why?" Lucius seems almost surprised by the question. "Don't you know that it is the powerful who construct rules specifically for the purpose of keeping everyone else in line? Come now, did that academy really teach you so little?"


Alex seems on the brink of tear and Monroe steps in. "Lucius, what the hell are you going on about?"

Alex echoes him, "Father please!"


"Oh please," the count's form shift into that of a familiar black-winged beauty with glowing eyes and crimson hair, "Did you really know your father so poorly that you would mistake me for him?"

Lucia turns her gaze on Priyya and Mal and says, "You know, I really was quite fortunate not to be left in the state that your wizard friend left me in. However, it would seem that since the trollop partially countered the aid I was due that my noble lord, Homeku, saw fit to repay our debt in another fashion."

"Now then," she says, drawing a flaming blade seemingly from out of thin air, "I suppose it will complicate our plans somewhat having to kill Lucius Ayer's sole heir, but so long everyone else dies, I suppose that too can be simulated. By Mephisto you mortals are so easy to deceive. CHIVANE, time to play!"


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

Initiative Rolls
Alis 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Felmor 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Lureene 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Malandraenas 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Priyya 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Alex 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Monroe 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Stallings 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Yvonne 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Chivane 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Lucia 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Next Up: Chivane, Felmor, Monroe, Lucia, Mal, Lureene, Yvonne, Alex, Stallings, Alis, Priyya
Map will have to come later. I need to get to bed so I can wake up early (again). Feel free to add any monologue or questions that you have before we throw down. Talking is a free action after all ;)


Lucia wrote:
"You know, I really was quite fortunate not to be left in the state that your wizard friend left me in..."

Priyya's consciousness recedes as the Surya-ka-Vahaak in her nature becomes ascendant. Her corona flares to life, a mass of white flames. The Surya-ka-Vahaak's look at Lucia is one of undisguised contempt and profound hatred; her tone icy, "Given the ease with which you were transformed into a drooling, mongrel, b!tch - I figured that was your true form, whelp. I wonder if your panderer Homeku will spay you when we send you back to Hell in failure yet again."


Lucia wrote:

"However, it would seem that since the trollop partially countered the aid I was due that my noble lord, Homeku, saw fit to repay our debt in another fashion."

Lureene stares at Lucia, a hard look in her eyes. "I am sorry to disappoint you, Lucia. Perhaps you can tell your master Homeku, if he wishes to settle your debt, I can teach you proper manners, as every one here would agree a trollop like me is well mannered, and not uncouth, like yourself!"


Outside the chapel doors, you hear a muffled grunt followed by one of the guards saying, "What the– Aaauuugh!"

Inside, things are even more chaotic. The guards murmur in shock at what they are seeing Castellan Farris recoils from Lucia, his multiple chins jiggling with fear. The grieving maid, Nadia screams out in terror and then mercifully passes out in her pew.

From beside Monroe, Alex's eyes go wide with the realization that his father was replaced by a devil mimicking his form at some point. "What did you do with my father, demon?"

Father Vincent cries out, "Gods save us!"

For their parts, Monroe and Stallings steel themselves for the fight ahead, faces grim.


Lucia chuckles at everyone's reactions.

Priyya wrote:
"Given the ease with which you were transformed into a drooling, mongrel, b!tch - I figured that was your true form, whelp. I wonder if your panderer Homeku will spay you when we send you back to Hell in failure yet again."

"Well, why don't we just see who goes to the outer planes in failure and who has their way here in the world of the living, shall we?"

Lureene wrote:
"I am sorry to disappoint you, Lucia. Perhaps you can tell your master Homeku, if he wishes to settle your debt, I can teach you proper manners, as every one here would agree a trollop like me is well mannered, and not uncouth, like yourself!"

"Blah, blah, blah! Don't you know, mortals keep pretty playthings around to look at, not to listen to. Oh and try not to stretch Chivane's armor out of shape. She's going to want that back."

Alex wrote:
"What did you do with my father, demon?"

Lucia sighs, "Why is it that you mortals always get us confused? I suppose I shall have to complete the lessons you failed to learn at the academy, dear boy. Oh, that's right, I've been around here for some time. It was convenient to infiltrate this estate with Lorenzo's aid while you were off at school. Don't worry, dear old dad fetched a good price at least."

Father Vincent wrote:
"Gods save us!"

"Right, like that's going to hap–"

Lucia's taunts are cut off when the eyes of the six gods portrayed in the windows, and those on the statue of Khorus by the altar flare to light. A burst of holy energy radiates throughout the room, and Lucia's infernal aura seems to lessen a bit even as the rest of you feel a tingle of divine power.

Prayer: +1 luck bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saves, and skill checks. Foes takes a –1 penalty on such rolls.

"Well I'll be damned!"

Next Up: Felmor, Monroe, Lucia, Mal, Lureene, Yvonne, Alex, Stallings, Alis, Priyya; Chivane
MAP: Dunwaar Chapel, (Round 01)
Song: Treachery


The Big Bad wrote:
"Well I'll be damned!"

Mal growls, "Well, you got that right!"


Felmor notes, with a note of clarity, the presence of the gods watching over this battle site. His heart is filled with a sense of gladness. He thinks, Aye, I be sailin' inta unknown waters, but ye light guides me way. Turning his attention to Lucia, he knows she has to be neutralized or at the very least distracted somehow. Already he notes Chivane has made her presence known. He knows what to do now.

Drawing his sword, he glares at Lucia and bellows, "Quit yer yapping, ye mangy cur, afer I plant me boot in yer arse. B!tches shoul'na be heard!" He leaps to his feet, and nimbly moves in front of Captain Monroe, leaving himself open for a counter thrust. When Lucia raises her flaming hellspawned blade to strike at him, he strikes, not at her flesh, but the blade itself!

Tumble to L7
Acrobatics to avoid AoO, 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 1 = 13 prayer
Attack Sunder Lucia's sword 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 17 flank w/Farris (hopefully), prayer
Provokes an AoO.
Damage Adamantium bypasses hardness less than 20 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7
Sneak attack and Fire Dam N/A

Since we are doing songs now, I hope this is not The End for our heroes, he he.


The Surya-ka-Vahaak calls out to Father Vincent, her voice ringing in Celestial.

Celestial:
"Father, get away from her and come towards us! If you have healing powers, or any ability to combat this evil, we will need it. And if you can blast her foul kind feat Alignment Channel - Evil for the Gods' sake, do it!"

Priyya starts to sing. Though few can understand the words, it is a song of triumph and woe brought to evil. Though Father Vincent does not know the song, he translates it to himself as the pure and glorious sound of it washes over him...

ON a starr'd night Prince Lucifer* uprose.
Tired of his dark dominion swung the fiend
Above the rolling ball in cloud part screen'd,
Where sinners hugg'd their spectre of repose.
Poor prey to his hot fit of pride were those.
And now upon his western wing he lean'd,
Now his huge bulk o'er Afric's* sands careen'd,
Now the black planet shadow'd Arctic snows.
Soaring through wider zones that prick'd his scars
With memory of the old revolt from Awe,
He reach'd a middle height, and at the stars,
Which are the brain of heaven, he look'd, and SANK.
Around the ancient track march'd, RANK on RANK,
The army of unalterable LAW.

*:
Celestial has different names for figures such as Mephisto and even the Elsemarian continents. The names shown, despite sounding very similar to Terran mythology, are entirely unrelated. :)


Felmor Traker wrote:
"Quit yer yapping, ye mangy cur, afer I plant me boot in yer arse. B!tches shoul'na be heard!"

"Oh my, so authoritative! Is that how you keep that feisty woman of yours in line?"

The fury watches with a bemused look on her face as Felmor very nearly stumbles up to her. However, when he swings for her blade, she is not quite as forgiving and counter-attacks...

longsword 1d20 + 15 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 15 - 1 = 29 prayer
1d8 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 8 - 1 = 13 prayer
Felmor's hp: 31 - 13 = 18/31

Struck hard by Lucia's blade, Felmor's attack misses so badly he nearly gives Father Vincent a heart attack. Behind him, Monroe swears, "Dammit, boy you make a better door than an archway! Get the hell out of my way!"
(Monroe is forced to delay since his path is now blocked.)

"Ah the impetuousness of youth," Lucia sighs. "Tell you what," Lucia takes her left hand off her sword casually swats at Castellan Farris...

vital strike 1d20 + 15 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 15 - 1 = 34 prayer
crit? 1d20 + 15 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 15 - 1 = 19
dmg 4d8 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (7, 7, 8, 2) + 10 - 1 = 33 prayer

...slicing the shaking man in half as if he were a ripe melon on a chopping block.

"Just to make this interesting, I'll fight one handed. How's that sound?"

Additional Initiative
guards 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Vincent 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6

Next Up: Mal, (Monroe), Lureene, Yvonne, Alex, Guard, Stallings, Vincent, Alis, Priyya, everyone else; Chivane, Felmor, Lucia
MAP: Dunwaar Chapel, (Round 01b)


Father Vincent answers...

Celestial:
[b]"I shall do what I can, sister. Hold a moment, I shall bless your blade..."

On his turn, Father Vincent will cast a spell upon Priyya's scimitar.


Lureene is surprised to feel tears spring to her eyes on hearing the beautiful song being sung by Priyya. She resolves to ask Priyya to teach her the tongue of the lyrics, as it struck a chord in her heart. Maybe she could finally achieve true redemption. Assuming she survived this combat, that is.

She looks to the woman she has come to see as a sister, and sees Alis point at Priyya, and mouths something, then points at Lucia. Her meaning is clear. She steps lightly over the pew and moves behind her other sister, and touches her, while incanting a protective spell. "That was beautiful, Priyya. Now go after her!"

Move to I7
cast Mage Armor on Priyya, no chance of ASF. No perform check needed.

Grak delays...


Yvonne calls out, "Princess, the assassin I shall handle. If Chivane I can defeat, the devil perhaps might be banished."

As she rushes out the door, drawing her scimitar, she says, "Captain, behind me bar the door!"

Next Up: Mal & Tal, (Monroe, Grak), Alex, guards, Stallings, Vincent, Alis, Priyya; Chivane, Felmor, Lucia, Lureene, Yvonne
MAP: Dunwaar Chapel, (Round 01c)


Once Captain Stallings opens the door for Yvonne to find Chivane, Grak launches himself towards the door and skitters outside just behind her. His instructions from his mistress were clear, Observe and report. He immediately scans the area looking for the bug lady, and moves to a shadowy corner out of sight.

Acrobatics to avoid AoO, if needed 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 1 = 17 prayer
Perception 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 1 = 24 prayer
Stealth 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32 prayer


Acrobatics
Grak 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Yvonne 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33

Yvonne tumbles past Chivane, her movements too swift for the assassin to even react to. Following immediately after her, Grak just barely manages to slip past the two black-haired beauties launching himself over the railing and into the air. As he passes, he can see that both guards posted outside the door are dead, their pooled blood trickling over the edge of the balcony onto the packed earth of the bailey below.

Next Up: Mal & Tal, (Monroe), Alex, guards, Stallings, Vincent, Alis, Priyya; Chivane, Felmor, Lucia, Lureene, Yvonne, Grak
MAP: Dunwaar Chapel, (Round 01d)


Gonna try to post soon. Sorry to hold things up.


At the back of the chapel, Stallings slams the doors shut with his shoulder and then hefts a sturdy oak beam in place barring them from the inside.

Alex begins casting a spell and whispers to Monroe...

Perception DC 15:
"Raise your sword, Captain, your attack will not fail!"

Spellcraft DC 16:
Alex casts True Strike

Around the chamber, the guards look to Captain Monroe for guidance. He holds his sword up to receive Alex's spell and shouts, "Men, hold your positions, until I say!"

The moment Vincent moves out of the way, Monroe moves forward to attack, swinging at Lucia with everything he has...

Lucia AoO 2/5 1d20 + 15 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 15 - 1 = 22
dmg 1d8 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 - 1 = 8

Vital Strike 1d20 + 20 + 9 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 20 + 9 - 2 + 1 = 40 power attack, prayer
dmg 2d8 + 6 + 6 - 5 + 1 ⇒ (8, 5) + 6 + 6 - 5 + 1 = 21 power attack, DR, prayer

The fury's blade lands on Monroe's helm sending up a shower of sparks. However a mere disconcerting blow like that isn't enough to daunt the aging warrior. The grizzled responds by plunging the tip of his longsword into Lucia's left shoulder. Black blood sizzles on the blade when he wrenches it from the wound.

With Monroe now engaged in battle, Father Vincent moves up alongside Priyya and intones...

Celestial:
"Father Khorus, I ask you to call to this holy warrior's blade the ability to smite the evil defiling this holy sanctuary!"

When the old priest touches the Surya-ka-Vahaak on the sword arm, her celestial aura flares brightly as if the essence of primal air were stoking Alíta's golden flames! Priyya has just had her smite evil ability recharged and activated. Target: Lucia.


Alis notes that Priyya's corona has flared to life with an unmistakable intensity. Knowing what to do, she hops over the pew separating her from the warrior-priestess, calling out in a tongue the swordswoman has heard before but does not yet understand.

Sylvan:
"Súmalya, bestow your insight into the hearts of the living upon this woman. Let her blade strike true!"

Priyya gains a +20 insight bonus on her next attack.

Next Up: Mal & Tal, (guards), Priyya; Chivane, Felmor, Lucia, Lureene, Yvonne, Grak, Stallings, Alex, Vincent, Monroe, Alis
MAP: Dunwaar Chapel, (Round 01e)


The part of Surya-ka-Vahaak that is just Priyya looks through the stained glass deities and wishes the first threads of dawn were sneaking into the sky. We'd have a better shot if I could just summon the strength to smite this fiend...

Priyya tentatively reaches into the wellspring within herself where her powers dwell. It sits at the center of her being like the molten core of a volcano or the white-hot heart of the sun... She sighs - it is barely an ember.

Priyya girds herself mentally, Fine. We'll do this the hard way... She begins to approach Lucia resolutely when...

Father Vincent wrote:
... the old priest touches the Surya-ka-Vahaak on the sword arm.

Priyya knows the touch of her Deity but this is something new. The blast of beatific air stokes to a roaring fire the ember in the center of her being. My thanks, Lord Khorus! Alita guide my hand now...

Alis, Priestess of Sumalya wrote:
...calls out in a tongue the swordswoman has heard before.

A different power washes over her, reminiscent of what she felt in her vision - the light touch of Sumalya. Priyya almost laughs, How many deities will I have to thank if we are victorious?!

Wreathed in the power of three deities, Priyya salutes the devil with her blade. "Let's dance, Lucia." Move to L9 She twirls the blade before swinging it in a descending two-handed arc designed to shear through Lucia's shoulder.

Standard Act - Single Hit + POWER ATTACK (SCIMITAR crit: 18+):
To Hit: 1d20 + 6 - 1 + 1 + 20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 - 1 + 1 + 20 + 4 + 2 = 35 base, power attack, prayer, true strike, smite, flank
Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 3 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 3 + 1 + 4 = 14 base, power attack, prayer, smite (1st round 2x damage bonus)

Priyya's AC: 25 (23 base with +2 for Mage Armor due to overlap with Bracers)


Priyya's attack connects, tracing an arc of burning flames across the devil's sword arm. The devil seems almost a bit surprised by the two hits she has just taken. She remarks, "Ah, I see you wised up and decided to fight me with the power of not one, or two, but three deities backing you! I really am quite honored, Light-Bearer."


Not trusting anyone's luck to hold, Monroe shouts, "Surround her, men! Poleaxe the b1tch!"

At their captain's orders, the four halberdiers advance readying their attacks to aid the next combatant who needs their help. They will use the aid another action on the next person to attack — presumably Mal.

K7 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 21 flank, prayer
L6 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 28 flank, prayer
crit? 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 2 + 1 + 4 = 26 flank, prayer AA from O8, YES
dmg 3d10 + 9 + 3 - 5 ⇒ (3, 4, 5) + 9 + 3 - 5 = 19 prayer, DR
N10 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 23 flank, prayer
O8 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 18 flank, prayer

Capitalizing on the opposing attacks by Monroe and Priyya, the halberdiers who had been standing by the altar rush. The one from the left of the altar snags Lucia's left arm with the hook on his halberd just long enough for the other to bury the pike on his weapon deep in Lucia's side.

Ben: Assuming Mal attacks Lucia, he will gain both a +4 to AC and a +4 to attack against her from the AA actions of the guards.

Next Up: (guards), Mal & Tal; Chivane, Felmor, Lucia, Lureene, Yvonne, Grak, Stallings, Alex, Vincent, Monroe, Alis, Priyya
MAP: Dunwaar Chapel, (Round 01f)


Mal rips off a string of curses as he moves in to help with the devil-woman, Talvyra on his heels to help flank. Move in to attack.
Claw 1d20 + 8 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 4 + 1 + 1 = 19, aid, power attack, prayer.
Damage 1d4 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9, power attack.
If she hasn't already used it thus round, she gets an AoO. Talvyra double moves to N-9.


Well, at least he's consistent.


The Big Bad wrote:
"Ah, I see you wised up and decided to fight me with the power of not one, or two, but three deities backing you! I really am quite honored, Light-Bearer."

Priyya nods warily, "It is my honor to deliver their justice."


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

What square do you want Mal in? He can reach L8 with no AoO though that blocks Stallings, or he could reach M7, provoke an AoO and still leave room for someone else. BTW, Lucia has combat reflexes and a higher Dex than Alis so she gets 5 AoOs per round.

Mal rushes forward to help, but his claws rake across the black-winged woman's form without damaging her. Spotting the panther sneaking up from behind, Lucia's eyes narrow and she says, "Chivane had some very uncomplimentary words about your pet. Trying to let a woman of her training get put down by your animal? What trash you are!"

With that, Lucia reneges on her challenge to fight 1-handed and swings at Talvyra with utter contempt in her eyes...

Lucia AoO 3/5 1d20 + 15 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 15 - 1 = 20 prayer
dmg 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Tal's hp: 27 - 14 = 13/27

...cutting a nasty slash in the hunting-cat's side.

With Mal and Tal, out of the way, the two remaining guards move forward, keeping their halberds at the ready to attack anything that might break thru the doors.

Next Up: Chivane, Yvonne, Grak, Felmor, Lucia, Lureene, Stallings, Alex, Vincent, Monroe, Alis, Priyya, guards, Mal & Tal


Outside, Chivane eyes the exotic fey beauty before her with a calculating gaze. "Yvonne d'Calla, leader of the Golden Drakes, I presume. You may call me Chivane. I am honored to accept your challenge."

Feint DC 29 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23
Vital Strike 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

The assassin feints with her offhand weapon, testing Yvonne before slashing her other sabre. With a slight move of her hips, the attack passes her harmlessly.


Laithoron wrote:
What square do you want Mal in? He can reach L8 with no AoO though that blocks Stallings, or he could reach M7, provoke an AoO and still leave room for someone else. BTW, Lucia has combat reflexes and a higher Dex than Alis so she gets 5 AoOs per round.

Let's go with M7, giving that open slot for someone else to close to. Every extra roll against her is a good thing. His AC is 24 vs her AoO.


"Ask you to leave, I would, but these attacks directed by you against my charge cannot stand."

Speaking the ignan word for fire, the gypsy princess ignites her blade and attacks...

shamshir 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
dmg 1d6 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 2 + (3) = 7

She lands a minor blow against Chivane, the flames singing her hair.

Hovering in the distance, Grak reports the progress of the battle to his mistress noting that the gypsy woman has landed the first hit.


From the end of last round...

Lucia AoO 4/5 1d20 + 15 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 15 - 1 = 28 prayer
dmg 1d8 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 8 - 1 = 12 prayer
Mal's hp: 35 - 12 = 23/35

As Mal tries to maneuver past Lucia before making his attack, she wheels about from having struck Talvyra and stabs him with the tip of her blade. "Don't worry, I'm not taking you lightly either after that stunt you pulled last time."

Next Up: Felmor, Lucia, Lureene, Stallings, Alex, Vincent, Monroe, Alis, Priyya, guards, Mal & Tal; Chivane, Yvonne, Grak
MAP: Dunwaar Chapel, (Round 02)


Felmor remarks laconically, "Ya know, fer a beauty that ye says should be seen 'n not heard, ye sure do flap yer gums a lot," as he strikes at her with both of his blades.

Attack longsword 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 21 flank, prayer
Damage 1d8 + 3 + 1 + 2d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 + (4, 6) + (6) = 25 prayer, sneak attack, fire (NA, I presume, if so then deduct 6 points please.)
Attack dagger 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 29 flank, prayer
Confirm Crit? 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 16 flank, prayer
Damage 1d4 + 3 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 + (4, 2) = 13 prayer, sneak attack
Crit Damage 1d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7 prayer
20 points total with the crit.
Befuddling Strike** (Ex): When the rogue deals sneak attack damage against an opponent, that opponent takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls against the rogue for 1d4 ⇒ 2 rounds.
AC is currently 18 due to defensive flurry
D'Oh forgot the DR, my bad...


Felmor Traker wrote:
"Ya know, fer a beauty that ye says should be seen 'n not heard, ye sure do flap yer gums a lot,"

Lucia parries Felmor's longsword but gets caught in the hip by his dagger. She laughs at his comment and retorts, "Well, I'm flattered that you find me attractive. Yet I assure you, unlike your buxom friends, it is incidental, not principal, to my capabilities..."

She flashes a big grin even as her form begins to glow with a blinding red light. "Good, now that you've all gathered around, let me demonstrate the folly of that tactic!"

Looking north she smiles at Lureene, Alis, and Alex and says merrily, "Don't worry, I have orders to keep you three blondes alive. It's just your friends that I get to kill!"

With that, she takes a step south and discharges the infernal energy she's built up into a shockwave of unholy power!

Unholy Blight 6d8 (Will DC 19) +1 from Prayer
Felmor 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 1 = 24
dmg 1d8 + 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (6) + (3) - 1 = 8 saved
Fel's hp: 18 - 8 = 10/31
Malandraenas 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 = 14
dmg 3d8 - 1 ⇒ (5, 8, 4) - 1 = 16 failed
Mal's hp: 23 - 16 = 7/35
Priyya 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 1 = 21
dmg 3d8 - 1 ⇒ (6, 7, 5) - 1 = 17 saved
Priyya's hp: 25 - 17 = 8/25
Talvyra 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 1 = 15
dmg 3d8 - 1 ⇒ (1, 1, 6) - 1 = 7 failed
Tal's hp: 13 - 7 = 6/27

Monroe 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6
dmg 3d8 - 1 ⇒ (5, 2, 4) - 1 = 10 failed
Vincent 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 1 = 20
dmg 3d8 - 1 ⇒ (5, 2, 1) - 1 = 7 saved

K7 1d20 + 0 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 0 + 1 = 10
dmg 3d8 - 1 ⇒ (2, 5, 5) - 1 = 11 failed
L6 1d20 + 0 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 0 + 1 = 21
dmg 1d8 + 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (6) + (2) - 1 = 7 saved
N10 1d20 + 0 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 0 + 1 = 9
dmg 3d8 - 1 ⇒ (8, 6, 3) - 1 = 16 failed
O8 1d20 + 0 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 0 + 1 = 12
dmg 3d8 - 1 ⇒ (2, 5, 2) - 1 = 8 failed

As the blast fades away, a look of annoyance crosses her face when she sees that no one has fallen. "Well, I guess that says a lot about the piety of this lot, doesn't it Vincent?"

Next Up: Lureene, Stallings, Alex, Vincent, Monroe, Alis, Priyya, guards, Mal & Tal; Chivane, Yvonne, Grak, Felmor, Lucia
MAP: Dunwaar Chapel, (Round 02b)


Lureene shudders as she sees the unholy energy affect her friends, she knew that would damage her now. She thinks, Now they want "Lis, Alex, and myself alive? That does not make any sense! Unless they want to ransom 'Lis, that is possible I guess, and she could be lying too. She chants another summoning spell, and a golden winged eagle appears! She instructs the celestial avian to distract Lucia, and aid Priyya's defenses.

Use Summon Monster I SLA to summon a Celestial eagle in square O7, elevation 10' up.

Attack 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 14 higher ground, prayer
AA to Priyya AC, delay attacks to take effect when Priyya enters melee with Lucia.


Rocked by the foul blast, Priyya focuses on Lucia's words. She might be lying but... "Alis, Alex, Lureene - come CLOSER! If she can't risk killing you, your presence may prevent her from blighting us again!"


Lureene summons a celestial eagle which hovers in the air waiting until the Surya-ka-Vahaak makes her move.

Justin: Priyya will get a +2 AA bonus to AC.

With the door secured, Stalling draws his longsword and moves forward, shouldering his way past Felmor to engage the Fury.

vital strike 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 27 flank, prayer, power attack
dmg 2d8 + 6 + 1 + 6 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (1, 2) + 6 + 1 + 6 + 1 - 5 = 12 enhancement, power attack, prayer, DR

He lands a strike on Lucia's thigh, but it is not nearly as telling of an injury as he had hoped.

Upon hearing Priyya's words, a look of determination sets into Alex's youthful face. He cries out, "Alis, she's right. If this demon has orders not to kill us, then let us use that to our men's advantage!"

Wasting no time, Alex darts forward, trying to get within the observed range of Lucia's unholy blight. Lucia's gaze darkens at his actions, though for once she makes no reply.

With a few words of magic, a small orb of electricity forms in the palm of his hand which he then hurls at Lucia...

ranged touch 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 1 - 4 = 7 prayer, melee

However the attack misses instead crackling over the suit of ornamental armor behind Lucia.


Doing what he can to counter the effects of Lucia's blight, Father Vincent calls out, "Father Khorus, send forth the breath of life to heal those who fight in your name!"

channel 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (5, 4) + 1 = 10 prayer

Fel's hp: 10 + 10 = 20/31
Mal's hp: 7 + 10 = 17/35
Priyya's hp: 8 + 10 = 18/25
Tal's hp: 6 + 10 = 16/27

Monroe grins at Lucia's ire and says, "Keep that up, Father and you'll make a church-goer outta me yet! Big guy," he says to Mal, "stick with me here."

Monroe takes a step south to prevent Lucia from moving into the window niche and levels an attack at her...

vital strike 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 30 prayer, flank, power attack
crit? 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 23 yes
dmg 4d8 + 12 + 2 + 12 - 5 ⇒ (2, 7, 3, 2) + 12 + 2 + 12 - 5 = 35 prayer, power attack, DR

His attack strikes hard penetrating deep inside Lucia's earlier halberd injury. The fury gives him a black glare even as she coughs up blood.

Next Up: Alis, Priyya, guards, Mal & Tal; Chivane, Yvonne, Grak, Felmor, Lucia, Lureene, Stallings, Alex, Vincent, Monroe
MAP: Dunwaar Chapel, (Round 02c)


Hearing both Priyya and Alex's words, Alis nods and moves up just far enough so as not to block the pikeman by Felmor and casts another divinatory spell on Priyya. "Luck, don't fail us now!"

Justin: Priyya gets a +20 insight bonus on her next attack.

Lureene follows her friend's lead sticking close to Alis and Priyya.

Next Up: Priyya, guards, Mal & Tal; Chivane, Yvonne, Grak, Felmor, Lucia, Lureene, Stallings, Alex, Vincent, Monroe, Alis
MAP: Dunwaar Chapel, (Round 02d)


Priyya attempts to vault the pew towards Lucia - seeking the high ground. She slips in Farris' blood, leaving herself open to a strike from the devil. Move Action to M9

Acrobatics 1d20 + 6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 5 + 1 = 13 Boots of Elvenkind, prayer

She drives her scimitar towards Lucia's ribs.

Standard Act (Scimitar Single Hit) + POWER ATTACK + SMITE (crit: 18+):
To Hit: 1d20 + 6 - 1 + 1 + 20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 1 + 1 + 20 + 4 + 2 + 1 = 48 base, power attack, prayer, true strike, smite, flank, high ground
Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 3 + 1 + 2 = 15 base, power attack, prayer, smite

Priyya's AC: 27 (for this round due to the Celestial Eagle's AA)


Lucia AoO 1/5 1d20 + 15 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 15 - 1 = 32
dmg 1d8 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 8 - 1 = 13

As she trades blows with Priyya, Lucia remarks, "I'll have to thank Farris for the assist when I see him in a few minutes..."

Next Up: Mal & Tal, (guards); Chivane, Yvonne, Grak, Felmor, Lucia, Lureene, Stallings, Alex, Vincent, Monroe, Alis, Priyya
MAP: Dunwaar Chapel, (Round 02e)


The guards step forward and attempt to hinder Lucia further...

L8 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 10 prayer
M6 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 13 prayer
N10 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 21 prayer

Now pressed against the wall, the guard by the window attempts to draw his sidearm, but the action does not go unnoticed by Lucia...

Lucia AoO 2/5 1d20 + 15 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 15 - 1 = 28 prayer
dmg 1d8 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 8 - 1 = 12

The man catches her sword across the chest before getting his sword free.

O8 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 20

Ben: Mal will get a +4 AA bonus to attack and AC from the guards when he acts.

Next Up: Mal & Tal; Chivane, Yvonne, Grak, Felmor, Lucia, Lureene, Stallings, Alex, Vincent, Monroe, Alis, Priyya, guards
MAP: Dunwaar Chapel, (Round 02f)


The Big Bad wrote:
As she trades blows with Priyya, Lucia remarks, "I'll have to thank Farris for the assist when I see him in a few minutes..."

Priyya talks lightly despite her grievous wounds, 5 HP "While you're there, tell Chivane that the dexterity provided by her boots is overrated."

1,701 to 1,750 of 11,113 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP] Wardove's Rumble in the Jungle All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.