Wardove's Rumble in the Jungle

Game Master Laithoron

[ Links: Matrix | ToC | Wiki ]


1,801 to 1,850 of 11,113 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>

Alex looks ready to protest further, but Alis simply smiles and says, "Well, even a princess has to listen to her bodyguard, right?"

"Keep this chapel safe," she says. "We might need to fall back here. Even if something happens to me, Ilmarond still has its King, Dunwaar however needs its Count."

She stands on her tip-toes for a moment to give him a kiss on the cheek before heading out with everyone else.


Priyya Surya-ka-Vahaak wrote:
"Yvonne, Monroe... What are your plans?"

"Up the wall, ahead of you I shall run."

With that, she darts out the door and true to her word hops over the balcony railing and starts running along the inside of the curtain wall until she reaches the battlements.


Priyya Surya-ka-Vahaak wrote:
"Father, while I don't wish to tax Khorus' great generosity after all he has done for me... You wouldn't happen to have any enchantments you could place on my blade, would you?"

"Just one."

Celestial:
"Father Khorus, bless this woman's sword to hone its edge against evil!"

Justin: Priyya's scimitar will automatically confirm crits against evil creatures for the next 3 minutes.


Priyya thanks Vincent, bows to the figure of Khorus, nods to the other deities represented in the stained glass, and joins the team. "Let's go. Chivane should be sleeping in Hell before the Sun rises."

Priyya is constantly sweeping with her eyes and searching for Evil.


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

Round 9
You make it out of the chapel, and up the stairs to the top of the southwest tower. In the darkness ahead of you, lays the body of a slain guard. From the top of the keep, you hear another man cry out and then go silent followed by the sound of Monroe and Stallings cursing.

As you run, you eye the 16-ft high jump necessary to leap into the embrasures atop the tower keep... noting that the merlons on this wall rise up 5 feet with a 1-foot ledge running along the wall inside of them.
MAP: Dunwaar Castle Chase, (Round 09)

Round 10

Acrobatics Checks DC 16
Malandraenas 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24
Priyya 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Alis 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Lureene 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23
Felmor 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Talvyra 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

You are all confident of your ability to hop up onto the merlons, but leaping up to grab the embrasures...

Acrobatics Checks DC 16
Malandraenas DC 16 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22
Priyya DC 28 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Alis DC 28 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Lureene DC 28 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27
Felmor DC 24 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Talvyra 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

Mal's CMB 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Priyya's CMB 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Mal and Priyya manage to vault themselves high enough to catch the ledge and pull themselves up, however Alis and Lureene each just barely miss. Thankfully, both Mal and Priyya are quick to act and manage to catch their hands pulling them up safely. Felmor hops up last while Talvyra growls and decides that the rest of you are a bunch of fever-brained gazelle.

Acrobatics Checks
Chivane 1d20 + 16 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 16 + 12 = 32
Monroe 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (9) - 6 = 3
Stallings 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (13) - 2 = 11

Falling Damage
Monroe 2d6 ⇒ (6, 1) = 7
Stallings 2d6 ⇒ (3, 5) = 8

From the north east, you hear what sounds like someone kicking over a metal trash can and a littany of curses from Captain Monroe.

MAP: Dunwaar Castle Chase, (Round 10)


Chivane's Bluff 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16
Stalling's Sense Motive 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

Vital Strike 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 4 = 21
dmg 2d8 + 4 + 7d6 ⇒ (6, 4) + 4 + (5, 3, 5, 1, 2, 1, 3) = 34 sneak attack
Stallings hp: 65 - 8 - 34 = 23/65
7 bleed

Stallings coughs blood as the assassin's footwork throws him off letting her bury her blade up under the weakspot in his mail below the armpit.


Beside him, Monroe swings at Chivane...

Monroe's attack 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 9 - 4 = 12

...but she easily leaps over the awkward attack. The captain then struggles back to his feet, in the hopes of drawing further aggression away from his senior. "Close the damn stairwells men!"


Monroe's SM 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Chivane's AoO 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
crit? 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 no
dmg 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

As Monroe rises to his feet, he reads Chivane's movements and doesn't fall prey to the same feint she used on Stallings. Never-the-less, her accuracy keeps him on the defensive wounding his leg.

Monroe's hp: 57 - 7 - 6 = 44/57


Yvonne's Stealth 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31
Chivane's Perception 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21

Even as Chivane engages the captain, Yvonne creeps up from the side of the wall and sneaks up behind Chivane, he shamshir charges with eldritch power...

Shamshir 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 11 + 2 = 18 flank
dmg 1d6 + 2 + 1d6 + 2d6 + 5d6 ⇒ (1) + 2 + (2) + (4, 5) + (4, 6, 5, 3, 3) = 35 fire, sneak attack, eldritch

Chivane cries out in agony at the attack, just barely still on her feet.


With the assassin distracted, Stallings tries to strike at her...

1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 10 - 4 = 8

...yet Chivane once again evades attack.

NOTE: The battlements of the keep are 20-ft higher than the walkway where the fighting is going on. The center-line of the keep's roof is 15-ft high making it a 45-degree slope.

Next Up: Mal, Priyya, Alis, Lureene, Felmor; Chivane, Monroe, Yvonne, Stallings
MAP: Dunwaar Castle Chase, (Round 11)


Mal uses the last of his inborn power - energy pouring into his legs - making his strides cover remarkable amounts of ground per step. (Standard Action to activate my last minute of Totemic Transformation - 20ft more speed per round.) Then runs around the east side of the keep. "The fighting is coming from around the keep." Move to K-12.

I think Mal would know to do this... if not, take him 50ft around the other side of the structure.


Hearing the distant shouting and having a keen interest in expanding her bug collection (i.e. staking bug-helmeted women with pins - aka arrows), Priyya bolts East while unshouldering her bow, to secure the stairwell and hopefully spot a target.

Double-move to S21 and draw bow

For a second, when Mal FLIES past her, Priyya looks down to make sure she is still running.


Lureene follows quickly behind her other sister Priyya. Her spell energy is nearly spent, but she did have enough energy for one spell, and she was looking forward to informing Chivane of this fact.

Double move to T21.


Grak flies up above the battlement, and scans the darkness, appraising his mistress of any attempts of Chivane to flee.

Fly to O14. if the Keep blocks him, then he will fly up over it as far as possible.


Felmor holds up, knowing he did not want to leave the Princess unaccompanied, so he waits for her signal...

Delay until after Alis acts...he wants to stay close to her, in case Chivane has any further tricks up her sleeve.


When Mal finishes hoisting her up, Alis says, "Thanks for the hand, Mal."

She then runs after him as he heads east, Felmor only a step behind her.


Chivane take a step to the east putting her back to the crenellation and a red mist begins to form around her like during the fight before.

Trying desperately to even the odds, she attacks Stallings with everything she has...

Primary #1 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 4 = 23
Primary #2 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 4 = 23
Offhand 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 4 = 28
dmg 3d8 + 10 ⇒ (7, 4, 6) + 10 = 27
Stalling's hp: 23 - 27 - 7 - 9 = -20/65 bleed, Con dmg

She strikes him three times, and on the final hit brings into play the poison on her offhand weapon. Stallings slumps against the wall, his throat torn and blood everywhere.


"Captain!"

shamshir 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

Yvonne swings for Chivane with everything she's got but can't connect.


"B1tch!"

Vital Strike 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 - 2 = 19 power attack

Monroe aims a terrific blow at Chivane's head, but the strange red mist surrounding her seems almost to slow his blade giving her just enough time to duck out of the way.

Next Up: Mal, Priyya, Lureene, Alis, Felmor; Chivane, Yvonne, Monroe
MAP: Dunwaar Castle Chase, (Round 12)


Mal smiles back at Alis as they sprint through the night, the whistling wind making it difficult to hear his laughter as he responds, "My pleasure, Alis. Hey, if this assassin kills me tonight, say something nice at my funeral!" Then he pitches his head back in a roar, rushing over the edge of the keep and plummeting through the night air, trying to drive the assassin to the ground.

Charge to I-22, finishing with a trip.
Trip 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 27, charge, height.
Provokes an AoO & AC down to 18 for the rest of this round.
Acrobatics to reduce fall damage 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Lureene gazes with a burning glare of pure white hot hatred at Chivane, and expending the last of her spell reservoir, chants her final spell and points at Chivane...

Cast Magic Missile at Chivane.
Perform check 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 DC11
ASF 5% 1d100 ⇒ 71
Damage 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2) + 2 = 8


Felmor hefts his heavy crossbow and then turns to his Captain, "I dinnae suppose ye gots any special luck fer me?"

Delay until after Alis acts, for her to cast True Strike on him, then move to I17, and fire at Chivane once she has becone visible.
Attack Hvy Xbow 1d20 + 8 + 20 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 20 = 47 true strike
Confirm crit? 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Damage 1d10 ⇒ 6
Crit Dam 1d10 ⇒ 3 Total Damage: 9
If Alis does not hace a True Strike, then he will do same action.
Miss chance 1d100 ⇒ 8


Priyya watches Stallings drop, hewn down by Chivane. Her blood becomes ice. I should have gone with my instincts and put her down like the rabid dog she is when I had the chance - no matter what information she had. How many men have died because I didn't finish her? She sees Chivane's handiwork littering the parapets.

Priyya draws her bow-string back and takes careful aim. She is about to invoke Alita's help when the sentiment dies on her lips. No, this one is for me. She looses two arrows.

Full Round Act - FLURRY (SHORTBOW crit: 20/3x):
1st Arrow (Perfect Strike)
To Hit: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 - 1 = 14 base, fob
OR
To Hit: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 - 1 = 16 base, fob <-- This One
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

2nd Arrow
To Hit: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 1 = 21 base, fob
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Chivane looks about to dive backwards off the battlements when the roar of a lion splits the night sky. She looks to her right just as she feels two impacts — a glowing bolt of energy slamming into her solar plexus, and an arrow protruding from her side.

As her legs start to go out from beneath her, she braces against the merlon behind her when the stars and rings above her are blotted out by a dark shape pouncing upon her.

Falling damage 2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 9

With a dive from the parapets, Mal crushes Chivane's frail form against the merlon breaking the stone and sending her flying over the edge. As Mal falls with her towards the rocks and water below, he can see her once supple form dissolve away into a red mist leaving only her catsuit, helmet and swords to continue their plummet.


Just when the big ranger expects to feel the impact of the jagged rocks breaking his body, he feels himself slow considerably. A split second later, the word, 'feather fall' reaches his ears as the rush of the wind fades. Turning around, he finds Alis drifting down just above and behind him.

Blonde curls bounce when she shakes her head at her madcat bodyguard. "You put me on the spot and I couldn't think of anything!"

When Mal gives her a curious look she grins fiercely and says, "For your funeral I mean. Figured I better not let you get killed just yet."

Alis' laughter accompanies them all the way to the rocky shores of the lake below whereupon she promptly casts a spell in a language Mal cannot understand and dives below.


Knowing full well that his charge is a self-professed first-rate swimmer, Mal catches Chivane's catsuit from the surface of the water sniffing at it as he wonders where the cold-hearted beauty vanished to. A moment later, he hears an ominous buzzing sound and looks down to see the head of a giant wasp skimming across the surface of the water with terrifying speed!

Just as he's about to smite it with his claws, Alis leaps from the water, totally drenched with Chivane's swords in each hand. From inside the helmet he hears her say, "Just kidding about the funeral thing, by the way, but really, you have to at least stay alive long enough for me to be able to state the obvious about how fearless you are. By the way, this helmet seems to highlight magic items when you look thru it. It looks perfectly clear up to where our friends are peering down at us too!"

As Yvonne comes running down the wall after them, Alis waves indicating that she and Mal are ok.

"Got rope?" she asks.


When Alis and Mal make it back to the battlements, you find Alex welcoming you, Lucia's sword in hand. The moment Mal lifts Alis up, the young count eagerly gives her a hug not caring about decorum or the fact that she is soaking wet.

"The guards on the south towers apprehended the escaped gang leader. He confessed that this whole thing was orchestrated when Chivane approached the Tar Dogs about turning on the Kales and seizing control of Dunwaar for themselves. And now you've slain the masterminds — you've done it! All of you saved Dunwaar!"


Alis hesitantly returns Alex's hug, but the fact that the soldiers are gathered silently about Captain Stallings body as Father Vincent says a prayer over him is not lost on her. She smiles half-hearted and says quietly, "I am glad we were able to help."

She then releases his hand and joins Priyya and Vincent in saying a prayer for the fallen captain even as Monroe and his men stand at attention saluting the man.


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

It takes several minutes for the emotions and energy of the battle to begin to subside. You seeing Stallings body, and those of the slain guards to the chapel, where Father Vincent, and Priyya say blessings over those who gave their lives. However, within the hour you each succumb to exhaustion and you find yourselves back in your chambers — the long day finally ended as you slip into sleep.

Survivor Bonus: (100 + 100 + 50 + 50 + 300 + 230 = 830/1000) Alex, Monroe, Nadia, Vincent, Yvonne, 23/30 soldier
XP: +2,770 each (11240 + 1240 + 830 + 400 + 300 = 14010/14,000) combat, survivors, story, roleplaying

Congrat guys! Despite some very close calls, everyone in the party survived and you saved the day! Go ahead and level your characters to 4th and feel free to interject any conversations that would have occurred before everyone passed out for the night. Please note in OOC all the changes/choices you make when leveling so I can keep the various matrices updated.

Ya done good! :)


Once the prayers for the fallen bodies have been Lureene finally is able to remove the armor with Alis's help, the marks of her tears still marring her face. Seeing the still bodies of Captain Stallings, and all the other soldiers who gave their lives to save hers and all of her friends lives, she cannot but feel guilty about this. She really was not all that special, and certainly not worth the price paid. She was not a member of royalty and had no titles to her name.

Seeing 'Lis give her a smile though reminded her that it was not the titles or the trappings that made a person, it was what is in their heart and their soul. She wonders briefly what happened in Chivane's life that caused her to turn to evil. She knew that being born an elf she was blessed by the gods. Why did she feel the need to throw such a blessing away? She would never understand. Perhaps Priyya could help answer these questions.

Her last thoughts as she drifted into an exhausted sleep were of the passion she felt as she let loose her magic, bringing vengeance on Chivane.


After assisting in last rites, Priyya gathers up a small vial of Lucia's ashes before borrowing a broom, bucket, and mop to clean the ashes and blood out of the chapel. When Vincent questions her, Priyya merely nods, "I owe Khorus a debt for his aid earlier. This seems the least I can do. But there is something else..."

She drops a gold coin on the floor and, with a few deft blows from her scimitar, splits the coin into crooked halves. She pockets one half and presses the other coin-half into Father Vincent's hand. She says earnestly, "I owe you and your god a great debt, Father. If you or your church are in need - that coin will you get my immediate and unstinting aid."

Priyya returns to cleaning the chapel and doesn't leave until it is spotless.


Felmor leans tiredly against the chapel wall after assisting in moving and gathering the bodies of the fallen soldiers. He cannot recall being this tired before. More than a couple of times, he found himself falling asleep while standing up, which had never happened to him before.

Watching his Desert Rose working tirelessly in cleaning up the after effects of the battle only made himself feel worse. To lighten his mood, he started humming an old sailors ditty. After a few moments he found himself breaking out into song. Priyya noticed this and gave him a smile, before returning to her duties. He did not want to intrude on her work, knowing this was important for her, but he could assist her by raising her spirits. Not until the prevoius evening had he been aware of his latent musical talents.

Soon his song echoed throught the chapel, and thus bringing a sense of closure to the nights events.

Afterwards, he lied in bed, next to his Beloved and thought to himself, Aye, i got a pretty good set o' pipes on me, mebbe Cap'n Alis kin teach me how ta sing better.


Mal's first thought is to check on Little Sister, who was determinedly pacing back and forth at the wall which she couldn't clear. As the night wanes, so does his adrenaline, though he doggedly continues to help where help is needed, whether it be moving bodies, cleaning the chapel, or whatever. He remains quiet through the night, but does approach Alis at one point, his face thoughtful and serious.

"I wanted to thank you for saving me back there." he chuckles. "I'm sure it will surprise you, but it wasn't my intention to go falling from the wall, but these things happen when the thrill is on you." His green eyes look at her piercingly, "I could be dead but for your quick actions, and I won't forget it."

Then he shrugs as another thought occurs to him, "So are crazy people pretty much always trying to kill you? Just want to know what I signed on for."


After cleaning the chapel until nearly dawn, Priyya awakens late the next morning - feeling achy. In the comfort of the soft bed she has time to reflect on the last few days... A victory tinged with tragedy and loss. Stallings' death and the missing Drakes, in particular, bother her ...but a threat was averted and we may have dealt the Coil a serious blow. Every war costs lives, it is inescapable. And while the losses bother her, she is happy that her camrades are still breathing. She decides to enjoy the simple pleasure of a warm bed and no one trying to immediately kill her...

Felmor rolls over, coming slowly awake. Priyya considers the Captain's actions and words...

Felmor wrote:
"Ya know, fer a beauty that ye says should be seen 'n not heard, ye sure do flap yer gums a lot,"
Lucia wrote:
She laughs at his comment and retorts, "Well, I'm flattered that you find me attractive."

Priyya considers that and all the looks he's given to Lucia, Chivane, and even Lureene since Valehaven...

With the martial skill of a trained monk, Priyya tucks and spins under the covers, grabbing onto the side of the bedframe with her hands and pressing her feet against Felmor's chest. Then she launches him out of the bed. He thumps onto the floor - like a comet trailing most of the bed linens. He looks at Priyya, utterly confused "Hey! Wha's tha' about?!?"

Priyya sits up fully, pulling the remaining sheet to cover herself. "THAT is what you get for making big, dreamy, COW-EYES at a murderous She-Devil and her psychopathic side-kick in FRONT of your hot-blooded, Aasimar and PALADIN lover! Are you f@c<ing CRAZY?!?"

Bluff 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 Sure... NOW I crit!

Sense Motive DC:15:
She is mostly finding this amusing, only a small portion of her irritation is real.

Her tone switches from outrage to clearly mock outrage. "I ought to tear off your arm and beat you to death with it! Two-timing a Paladin with a DEVIL. Do you have a death wish or something?!" She forestalls his attempts to answer. She can see the mischief in his eyes and knows that if this proceeds like any of his other apologies, it will end up with her sweaty and utterly pliant... and there is still a mob to quell and missing people to find. Her tone returns to normal. "None of THAT now. I was nearly dead yesterday and I'm not going to be the stand-in for your banished Diabolic girlfriend."

Priyya hops off the bed and dresses quickly, clearly a woman on a mission...


Felmor shakes his head ruefully on seeing his Beloved exit the room, and looks towards the direction she had left. Aye, ye know, I neveah be understandin’ these women. She really thought I be interested in them in a sexual manner. OCH. I t’ink it be safer ta bed a black widow.” He realizes especially after hanging with Lureene, and Alis, those women use their beauty as a defense, much like he uses his blades to shield his own body. He hopes Priyya understands that.


Malandraenas wrote:
"I wanted to thank you for saving me back there. ... I'm sure it will surprise you, but it wasn't my intention to go falling from the wall, but these things happen when the thrill is on you."

Despite being drained from giving Alex a crash course in how to rule a city over the course of several hours, Alis is glad to hear from Mal. "You know, 'Sis and practically everyone else used to warn me all the time about looking before I leap. Can you image that?"

Malandraenas wrote:
"I could be dead but for your quick actions, and I won't forget it."

As Mal gets all serious on her, Alis gives a contemplative sigh and says, "Well, I'll do my best to make sure that none of you guys get killed. After all, who's going to make sure I stay out of trouble if you're not around, right?"

She gives Mal a hug before producing a warm pewter flask, seemingly from out of nowhere. "It's been a long day, and I'd say there's no good reason for someone with friends to drink alone."

She pour some burgundy liquid in the silver goblet she keeps on her belt cord and then hands Mal the flask — it smells of raspberries, and vanilla and sends a shock of warmth thru his sinuses when he has a whiff.

"Just a little something I mixed up back at Auntie's." She swirls it around in her goblet, inhaling its fragrance with her eyes closed before having a sip. [b]"Good for warming the soul..."

Malandraenas wrote:
"So are crazy people pretty much always trying to kill you? Just want to know what I signed on for."

"Now, now," she wags a dainty finger, "these people were a bit too clever to be really crazy and I think they were trying to kidnap me instead of kill me."

When Mal rolls his eyes she winks and continues, "In all seriousness though, usually it's just happenstance rather than someone planning things out like this. Like the time Lureene and I went clothes shopping in Caen Carrinac right after we met? This big gladiator goes crazy in the streets and started killing his guards! I just happened to get caught up in it. Complete fluke!"

"Hmm," she bites the corner of her mouth and reconsiders Mal's question, "Well now that I think about it, crazies do seem to be attracted to me... and killing somehow often ends up as the order of the day..."

"Huh!" she finishes her liqueur, "Maybe I really do have crazy people trying to kill me all the time!"

She laughs and pats Mal's hand, "Bet you wish you were back in the nice, safe Dæmonshade with Lara right about now, don't you?"


Priyya wrote:
"THAT is what you get for making big, dreamy, COW-EYES at a murderous She-Devil and her psychopathic side-kick in FRONT of your hot-blooded, Aasimar and PALADIN lover! Are you f@c<ing CRAZY?!?"

Perception DC 0

Alis 1d20 + 11 - 10 - 10 ⇒ (13) + 11 - 10 - 10 = 4 asleep, two doors
Lureene 1d20 + 9 - 10 - 10 ⇒ (4) + 9 - 10 - 10 = -7 asleep, two doors

A soft groan escapes Alis when she hears the calamity going on next door.

Sense Motive DC 25:
Alis 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

By the gods, it's too early in the morning for this.

Stealth Checks
Alis 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Perception Checks
Lureene 1d20 + 9 - 10 ⇒ (13) + 9 - 10 = 12 asleep

As Priyya's tirade continues, Alis rolls out from under Lureene's wing, puts on her red satin robe, slips out the door and down the short hallway separating the castle's master suite from Alex's where Priyya and Felmor were staying.

Perception Checks
Alis 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

When she hears neither love-making nor futher shouting, she knocks on the door and calls out, "You two alright in there? That wand doesn't have many charges left, you know..."


Felmor jerks up on hearing Alis’ question, and hurriedly grabs his breeches, sliding them up around his legs. He pads quietly to the door, and responds with a note of embarassement in his voice, ”It ain’t nuttin’ Captain. We was jes ‘avin a lively discussion on th’ merits o’ fidelity, he he.”

When his Desert Rose opens the door, he sees Alis standing there in her red satin robe...and briefly wonders how long of a drop it is to the rocky ground below...hey he might survive...


If Fel is talking through the door to Alis, Priyya opens it.

Priyya appears, fully dressed and placing her veil. She seems in fine spirits. "Morning, Alis! I hope I didn't wake you... and it certainly wasn't nuttin'." She says in a passable Felmor accent. "I was schooling this swabbie on the issue I have with him MOONING after a certain banished devil and her handmaiden right in front of his alleged lady-love who happens to be an Aasimar Paladin."

Stealth (wink to Alis) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Bluff (to seem bothered, with +10 bonus if the wink is observed) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 Sheesh! Another crit I could have used yesterday!

She winks clandestinely at Alis, and says with some irritation "As a fellow Sister in the service of the Deities, I'm sure you can see where his tastes in diametrically opposed women would cause me some... consternation."

Priyya looks pointedly at the wand in Alis' hand and waves dismissively. "We won't need it. Any significant damage I do to him, I'll probably heal."


Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Sense Motive 1d20 + 13 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 13 + 10 = 27

"Alexis is going to be so very disappointed, Felmor. Honestly, you're such a cad!" Alis shakes her head sadly.

bluff vs Felmor 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 13 + 1 = 29 seductive

"Priyya," Alis takes Priyya's hand and looks at the cleric longingly, "if you want to sleep with Lureene and I tonight, then by all means. At least we can appreciate your attributes even if he doesn't."

Alis gives Priyya a squeeze and a kiss on the cheek, "We girls have to stick together!"

She tugs on the cleric's hand and grins at her slyly, "Come on, Lureene's still asleep. Why don't we see if we can't rouse her, hmm?"

Sense Motive DC 29:
Yeah, they're trying to see if they can cause you to die of a fatal nosebleed.


Priyya looks away shyly, "Thank you, Alis. I think if Felmor were to sleep alone more, perhaps he wouldn't take me so much for granted BUT..." she hesitates, "I don't know if I'd be a good bedmate for you girls. I sleep nude. Clothing is just too constricting. I know some women would find that off-putting."


Alis brightens at Priyya's revelation. "Oh, you too? So do we!"


Priyya smiles. "Wonderful! Then I'd be happy to share your bed. We'll be like a squirming litter of kittens!" Priyya hugs her. "Shall we go wake your... our bedmate? She's a beautiful girl and, I confess, I have been a little curious if the rug matches the drapes... if you understand my meaning."


Sense Motive 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Felmor face alternates between various shades of crimsom, and while he hopes the ladies are teasing him, still he cannot help but wonder what the hell drove him to even acknowledge Lucia's beauty, not to mention Chivane. He thinks, Aye, these women are so beautiful, 'n passionate, I be a verra lucky man ta know all three 'o them. They be very good friends.

He gives the three ladies a courtly bow, somewhat difficult considering his current condition, and exclaims,"Well, it seems once agin, I be the king of all clods, seein' as how I be in the presence of three o' th' most beautiful women in th' world. How kin a mere demon and a bug lady eveah hope to measure up."


Alis rolls her eyes. "Even criminals feel sorry when faced by their sentence. Toooo late!"

She gestures for Priyya to come on in. "After you, milady!"

As she closes the door behind her, Felmor overhears Alis say, "Curtains... rug... actually she opted for waxed floors..."

Alis' seduction DC 10 + 2 + 6 + 1 + 3 = 22 1/2 lvl, cha mod, seductive, AA from Priyya
Priyya's seduction DC 10 + 2 + 5 = 17 1/2 lvl, cha mod

Felmor's Fort save 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 vs DC 22

Felmor is overcome and bursts a blood vessel taking 7 bleed. ;)


Captain Wardove, aka Alis wrote:
As she closes the door behind her, Felmor overhears Alis say, "Curtains... rug... actually she opted for waxed floors..."

Priyya gasps, "Oh, now I'm really curious! I thought that might be a nice surprise for Felmor but since his attentions have turned to devils and whatnot, I'm..." And Felmor hears no more of her comment.


Felmor reflects on the fact that he got off fairly easy, all things considered. The only thing wounded was his pride and his ego, although he certainly felt a need to take a cold bath currently at this point.

Not quite sure where the castle baths were, and also not wanting to disturb anyone else, he decides to head out for a refreshing swim, and to enjoy the dawning of a new day.


After the door closes, Priyya gives Alis a smile and whispers so Lureene isn't awakened, "Thanks for playing along. I guess the devil made me do it." She stifles a laugh then sits down heavily in a chair, wincing slightly. "Well, hell of a day yesterday... So, how are you doing?"


LK Calendar: Kevath 25, 4210 — Starsday
Much like yesterday, a heavy haze obscures the sun. Even though it is now late morning, the heavy fog that rolled in from the lake is proving especially slow in dissipating.

Priyya wrote:
"Thanks for playing along. I guess the devil made me do it."

"Well my pleasure! The look on Felmor's face was priceless!"

Priyya wrote:
"Well, hell of a day yesterday... So, how are you doing?"

Alis looks thru the heavy curtains and frowns at the dreary day. Before answering Priyya, she grabs her backpack and nods to the door on the west wall leading into the study.

"I should be the one asking you that! Thanks to my elite team of bodyguards and retainers, would you believe that the only injury I sustained was a brush burn on my wrist from where Mal caught me after I misjudged my jump?"

She spreads out a number of outfits across the chairs and tables trying to decide what to wear. Priyya is rather certain that the volume of fabric spread about must exceed that of the backpack several times over. "For the record though," she selects a decidedly more subdued outfit suitable for rugged activity than her usual finery, "I'm a bit too shocked still to know what to make of all this. In Valehaven at least I could see that I was a victim of opportunity, but here? This was engineered before we even set out from Valehaven!"

She sighs and tosses her robe and nightgown over the back of a chair and begins to get dressed. "I am used to the lives of other people being affected by the decisions that I make. That why I had been relishing the thought of going on a jungle expedition for the Academy. Sure others would still be looking to me for leadership, but at least it wouldn't be a whole city, there would be few chances for international repercussions, less politicking."

With a cantrip, she tightens up the laces on her bodice. "Yet here I am with people getting killed by the dozens, families burned out of their homes, and a near break-down of civilization just– because– of me!"

She throws her hands up in the air and plops down in an overstuffed chair so large that it makes her look like a doll or a child. "To top it all off, there's no telling how long the real Lucius Ayers has been gone, and his son — though a very sweet young man — has to suddenly step up with only me to give him any sort of guidance. Me, the same person held up as the reason for why things are a mess here right now."

The princess rolls her eyes and shakes her head. "And who even knows what Chivane intend to do if she'd actually kidnapped me. That ransom story she gave us just seems a bit too far-fetched. If all the Tar Dogs wanted was money, then they wouldn't have weighed down that Quailworthy man's body with several thousand in gold. The gods only know what she really wanted me for. Anyway, it might be selfish of me, but I'm glad that I had you and the others here to make certain that didn't happen. I'm just sorry that you all had to shed so much blood for my sake."

She frowns and looks up to Priyya in earnest. "How are you doing today?"


Priyya marvels at either Alis' ability to fold clothing economically or, more likely, the magical nature of her backpack. She smiles distractedly, "First, let me say I am shocked, shocked that you would lie to my paramour." She indicates the discarded nightgown. "If I didn't know better, I'd think you were trying to imprint in his head the image of the three of us nude in bed." She chuckles.

While listening, Priyya pulls her legs up into the chair and smooths her robe reflexively. To Alis' concern about her role in the violent events that surround them, she says, "Alis, how old are you? Because unless you are far older than you appear, the Coil has been acting on their agenda since well before you, I, or your Aunt were born. I suspect you are here now because of their actions... which means the responsibility for this bloodshed and mayhem is theirs. You are on this mission as a reaction to a situation. You didn't cause it. Don't carry guilt for actions which aren't your burden. Trust me - you do yourself no favors walking down that road."

Priyya, distracted by the conjecture on the Tar Dogs and Chivane's true intention, almost misses the Princess' final question. "Me? Aside from a few bruises and a general desire to avoid Enrinyes for at least an hour or two... I'm fine. Had an interesting near death experience which I'm still thinking about. It seems Yvonne had a similar one. I've never been that close to death - it was quite a revelation. As a note, if you ever do find yourself floating above your presumed corpse and someone is about to try to save you - get back to your body quickly before they heal you. The...uh... 'whiplash' is intense." She smiles warmly, clearly happy for having had the experience.

1,801 to 1,850 of 11,113 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP] Wardove's Rumble in the Jungle All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.