Wardove's Rumble in the Jungle

Game Master Laithoron

[ Links: Matrix | ToC | Wiki ]


1,751 to 1,800 of 11,113 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>

Since their fight is taking place in a different area, I'll go ahead and resolve Chivane, Lureene, and Grak's actions for next round now...

Bluff DC 291d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31
Vital Strike 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
dmg 2d8 + 4 + 7d6 - 2 ⇒ (3, 6) + 4 + (4, 2, 1, 2, 4, 1, 2) - 2 = 27 sneak attack, DR
7 bleed

Once again, Chivane feints, only this time she actually manages to out-maneuver Yvonne leaving her open for attack. With a twist of her blade, Chivane inflicts a grievous wound on the gypsy leader that continues to bleed profusely even after-the-fact.


Yvonne grits her teeth against the pain and responds by covering her blade with eldritch energy and attacking...

shamshir 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
dmg 1d6 + 2 + 1d6 + 5d6 ⇒ (3) + 2 + (4) + (5, 4, 1, 2, 1) = 22 fire, blast

...the slashing magical energy catching Chivane across the midriff burning even as it slices thru her catsuit.

Still hovering, Grak reports that the two women are tearing each other apart, although it looks like Yvonne is losing a lot of blood from her injuries...

Next Up: Mal & Tal; Chivane, Yvonne, Grak, Felmor, Lucia, Lureene, Stallings, Alex, Vincent, Monroe, Alis, Priyya, guards


Once Grak has reported to her via the mental link, Lureene says with a note of urgency, "Yvonne is in trouble, we need to help her!"


Priyya wrote:
"While you're there, tell Chivane that the dexterity provided by her boots is overrated."

Lucia sees that the Surya-ka-Vahaak is just as beat-up as she is and smirks, "So what you're really saying is that walking a mile in someone else's shoes is easier said than done, huh?"


Rat Bastard

I figure Ben is busy so...

Eyeing the bleeding devil, Mal shifts his position slightly 5' step to N7 and snarls, flexing his claws. Tal hisses behind Lucia's back as she and her brother launch a simultaneous attack of fang and claw!

TAL:
claw 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 11 prayer, flank
damage 1d4 + 2 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 - 5 = 0 prayer, DR

claw 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 16 prayer, flank
damage 1d4 + 2 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 - 5 = 2 prayer, DR

bite 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 9 prayer, flank
damage 1d6 + 2 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 - 5 = 4 prayer, DR

MAL:
Claw 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 1 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 1 - 1 + 2 + 4 = 34 base, prayer, power attack, flank, AA
Crit? 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 1 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 1 - 1 + 2 + 4 = 22 No... by a WHISKER!
Damage 1d4 + 5 + 2 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 + 1 - 5 = 7 base, power attack, prayer, DR


The Big Bad wrote:
Lucia sees that the Surya-ka-Vahaak is just as beat-up as she is and smirks, "So what you're really saying is that walking a mile in someone else's shoes is easier said than done, huh?"

Priyya smiles wearily, "That is certainly true but nahhh... I'm saying she has sh!tty boots."


Lucia's AC is higher than 22 so it's not a crit, but he does still hurt her. I'll go ahead and roll his other claw attack...

claw 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 1 - 1 + 2 = 28 prayer, power attack, flank
dmg 1d4 + 5 + 2 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 + 1 - 5 = 7

Mal ducks to the side and catches Lucia across the face and neck with his claws leaving bloody gashes. The she-devil's blood sizzles on his claws and she says, "So when you visit a brothel, do they just charge you more up-front, or do you settle-up after you've sliced the girl up?"


Priyya Surya-ka-Vahaak wrote:
"That is certainly true but nahhh... I'm saying she has sh!tty boots."

"Well, what do you want? You know how elves are about their shoes..."

Lureene wrote:
"Yvonne is in trouble, we need to help her!"

"Trust me, blondie, you're better off in here."

Next Up: Felmor, Lucia, Lureene, Stallings, Alex, Vincent, Monroe, Alis, Priyya, guards, Mal & Tal; Chivane, Yvonne, Grak
MAP: Dunwaar Chapel, (Round 03)


Felmor sensing the end of the battle, one way or another, steps into the fray trying to prevent a likely fatal blow to his Beloved.

5’step to M7,
Attack longsword AA to Priyya AC 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 = 17 prayer.
AC is currently 20 due to Defensive Flurry and Befuddling Strike


Thanks for playing Mal. You actually got him to connect!

Mal ignores the b!th's jests, waiting for another opening in her defenses.


Welcome back, Ben! You probably should have waited a little longer to return... she's about to spank someone or everyone. :)


Justin: Priyya gains a +3 bonus to AC vs. the next attack.

"Tch!" Lucia spits blood and says, "Guess I underestimated all of you. I probably should have used this from the start..."

She runs her hand along the length of the sword and shouts, "Rasp, Flame Tongue!"

With that, the blade becomes consumed in roiling flames and she spins about striking at everyone around her like a burning tornado!

starting position 1d7 ⇒ 7 1=Fel, 2=Guard, 3=Mal, 4=Monroe, 5=Priyya, 6=Stallings, 7=Tal
direction 1d2 ⇒ 1 1=CW, 2=CCW

Whirlwind Attack
Tal 1d20 + 15 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 15 - 1 = 25 prayer
dmg 1d8 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 8 + (6) = 18
Tal's hp: 16 - 18 = -2/27
Guard 1d20 + 15 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 15 - 1 = 15 prayer
Monroe 1d20 + 15 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 15 - 1 = 27 prayer
dmg 1d8 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 8 + (1) = 11
Mal 1d20 + 15 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 15 - 1 = 22 prayer
dmg 1d8 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 8 + (2) = 15
Mal's hp: 17 - 15 = 2/35
Felmor 1d20 + 15 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 15 - 1 = 17 prayer
Stallings 1d20 + 15 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 15 - 1 = 15 prayer
Priyya 1d20 + 15 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 15 - 1 = 31 prayer
dmg 1d8 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 8 + (6) = 19
Priyya's hp: 5 - 19 + 5 = -9/25 fire resistance

Lucia's blade traces an arc of fire and steel around her felling first Talvyra and next her two-legged hunt-sister, Darkmane.

"Damn," she says, looking at Mal, "I was hoping you and sailor boy at least would go down too..."

With that, Lucia steps away, standing over Talvyra's still form as she awaits the next attack.

Next Up: Lureene, Stallings, Alex, Vincent, Monroe, Alis, Priyya, guards, Mal & Tal; Chivane, Yvonne, Grak, Felmor, Lucia
MAP: Dunwaar Chapel, (Round 03b)


Lureene gazes at the beautiful devil, and a burning rage erupts in her eyes. She shouts out a magical phrase and two golden bolts streak out to strike Lucia.

Cast Magic Missile at Lucia
SR check 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 1 = 22 prayer
Damage 2d4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1, 2) + 2 + 2 = 7 prayer

She will also instruct the celestial eagle to assist Stallings attacks

Attack AA Stallings to hit 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 15 higher ground, prayer

ASF check 1d100 ⇒ 24


Priyya is startled awake and examines the flaming cut across her midsection, but it has vanished! However, her ghostly white hand examining her emphemeral belly tells her something very unplanned has happened.

She looks around and finds herself floating above her crumpled body sprawled across the pew like a late-night drunkard. Only the still smoldering wound is evidence that booze wasn't the cause. She winces in sympathy, Ouch! That looks painful. Her first instinct is to reach out, touch her still form, and rebuke death. The irony of her predicament is almost amusing, if the battle in the Chapel weren't still being hotly contested.

And then she realises that she is either dead or very close to it otherwise her spirit would not be roaming free. Priyya turns from her body, seeing no point in watching its last moments. She watches the battle instead, praying for a just outcome if her life is to be forfeit...


Lureene's magic missiles impact Lucia in the back. The devil casts a sidelong glance at the demon and says, "Don't push your luck, t1ts."


Sensing an opening, Stallings launches another attack at Lucia...

vital strike 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 - 2 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 2 + 1 - 2 + 3 = 20 AA

...but she parries his blade.

Inspiration strikes Alis and she dashes to Alex's side. "Can you cast that spell again?"

The young lord nods and Alis smiles, "Then I'll help you..."

Sylvan:
"Lady of Fortune, favor the bold!"

Alis' hand gently touches Alex on the shoulder just as he completes his own spell.


As a ball of electricity forms in Lord Alex's hand, she sees Alis standing by his side, and recognizes the spell she just cast. Lucia grits her and mutters, "Oh hell..."

ranged touch 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 4 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 1 - 4 + 20 = 34 prayer, melee, insight
dmg 2d8 ⇒ (5, 8) = 13

The orb of electrical energy flies from Alex' hand striking Lucia in the chest.

"Noooooo!!!" Lucia's cry shakes the panes of glass in the windows as her form on this plane is finally rendered into ash which quickly crumbles away soon leaving only a sooty film over the bodies piled beneath her. Her infernal sword clatters loudly on the floor and its flames go dormant, a faint hiss escaping from the blade as it cools.


"Lord Alex has done it!" Father Vincent shouts in joy. "Thank the gods!"

Without wasting any time, he says a prayer to Khorus and a wave of healing energy flows out across the room...

channel 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (5, 1) + 1 = 7 prayer
Felmor hp: 10 + 7 = 17/31
Priyya hp: -9 + 7 = -2/25
Mal hp: 2 + 7 = 9/35
Tal hp: -2 + 7 = 5/27 KO'd

As a cheer of relief goes up across the room, Monroe shouts, "Well done, Count Alex, but the fights not over yet. Sounds like d'Calla could use some backup!"

With that, he shoulders his way up to the back up the chapel moving as quickly as he's able in his plate armor and says, "I've got a new boss to protect so I'll guard the door in case the elf tries to slip inside. Men, back me up!"

Nodding in understanding, the pikemen get into position around the central aisle by the door ready to attack anyone who tries to enter.

Next Up: Mal; Chivane, Yvonne, Grak, Felmor, Lureene, Stallings, Alis, Alex, Vincent, Monroe, guards
MAP: Dunwaar Chapel, (Round 03c)


Mal, seeing that Little Sister is simply unconscious, knows he must get to the fight outside. I'm no good if she drops me in one attack. he thinks as he moves towards the door, the power words of a summoning chant on his lips.

He looks back at Alis as he passes, "See if you can get Darkmane on her feet."

Cast Cure Light Wounds on Self. 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7.
Move to I-10.
HP up to 16.


Felmor breathes a sigh of relief that his Beloved will live to fight another day. He nods to the others, ”Looks like Lady Calla needs our ‘elp. I be headin’ out thar too.” As he noves towards the chapel doors, he reaches into his pouch and draws a healing potion, and readies to drink it...

Just before he does so, Lureene cry of anguish stops him...

Move to I11
Draw potion of CLW


Although Yvonne cannot see Chivane's face thru the assassin's mask, she can hear the woman's soft voice speak a single word, "Lucia..."

Without further ado, she attempts to tumble away from Yvonne even as the gypsy woman's wound continues to bleed...

Chivane's acrobatics 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20
Yvonne's AoO 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Without her boots, he moves are not quite good enough to throw Yvonne off, but injured as she is, her shamshir comes nowhere close to hitting the elven woman. Chivane retreats towards the hallway to her northwest and disappears from sight.

Grak reports informing Lureene that Chivane is fleeing, although he cannot tell if she is taking the stairs or running along the hallway.

With a curse, Yvonne follows after her...

Stealth 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35
Perception 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33

But gets caught unaware when Chivane strikes from the stairwell catching Yvonne flat-footed!

vital strike 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 1 = 14 higher ground
dmg 2d8 + 4 + 7d6 - 2 ⇒ (6, 1) + 4 + (5, 5, 4, 4, 2, 5, 4) - 2 = 38
Yvonne is at -10. At the start of next round she takes 14 bleed.

Hearing a pained gasp, Grak flies closer and sees Yvonne laying upon the floor in a pool of blood.

Lureene:
"Mistress, hurry! Bug lady is killing the gypsy woman!"

Next Up: Felmor, Lureene, Stallings, Alis, Alex, Vincent, Monroe, guards
MAP: Dunwaar Chapel, (Round 04)


"Y'vonne! She is down!"

Lureene knows from Grak's report Yvonne has only seconds to live. Without a seconds hesitation she casts a spell…

Cast swift Fly as a swift action.
Grab potion of CLW from Felmor ‘on the fly’
Fly to E9 as a move action
Admin potion to Yvonne as a standard action

Grak flies over above the fallen body, ready to give his life to prevent a fatal blow to his mistress...


Stealth 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27

Perception Checks
Grak 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Lureene 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Grak flies ahead of his mistress hovering anxiously above Yvonne. Not a moment later, Lureene comes flying up, potion in hand. She takes a quick look around, sees no one and begins pouring a potion down Yvonne's throat.

Suddenly from beside her she hears a silky elven voice edged with indignation, "That is my armor!"

AoO 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
dmg 1d8 + 4 + 7d6 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + (6, 1, 1, 5, 4, 1, 2) - 2 = 30 sneak attack, DR
Lureene's hp: 26 - 30 = -4/26 dying
7 bleed

In the next instant, she feels the jagged edge of a cruel blade pierce the side of her neck, down into her core and she blacks out bleeding to death atop the woman she just saved. Grak was unable to help since he could not detect the enemy.

Outside, everyone hears Grak wailing in terror, "Mistress nooooo!"

Next Up: Stallings, Alis, Alex, Vincent, Monroe, guards, Mal; Chivane, Felmor, Lureene


"Dammit woman!" Stallings curses and barrels his way down the aisle practically knocking Mal and Felmor over as he rushes out the door around the corner to see what he can do.

Stealth 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19
Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

Rounding the corner he spies Grak crying atop Lureene's back and two beautiful women soaked in their own blood. "Vincent! They're bleeding to death, get up here!"

The old captain is unable to see any sign of Chivane from where he stands, only the aftermath of the craft.

Next Up: Alis, Alex, Vincent, Monroe, guards, Mal; Chivane, Felmor, Stallings


Inside the chapel, Alis grabs Father Vincent's hand and starts to run for the doors, but the look she catches from Mal freezes her in her tracks. Gritting her teeth against tears of anguish and frustration she says, "Go on ahead, I'll tend to the injured here."

CLW 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Priyya's hp: -2 + 11 = 9/25

Nodding to her, Father Vincent runs after Stallings quailing at the bloody death all over his chapels balcony.

"Come on Priyya, we need you!" she pleads.

Perception Checks
Priyya 1d20 + 12 - 10 ⇒ (4) + 12 - 10 = 6

With a groan, Priyya's eyes flutter open and she feels tears falling onto her face from the visage of Alis above her.

"She got Lureene and Yvonne!"


Behind Alis, Alex walks up and lays a compassionate hand on her shoulder before running up to Malandraenas.

"There is another stairwell at the east end of the balcony. Both lead up to the roof and down thru this tower as well. If you mean to give chase, you may be able to circle around atop the walls..."

Monroe looks up at the big man and says, "If you want, I'll go and you can stay here looking after the Count and your Princess. Your call!"

Next Up: Mal (Monroe, guards); Chivane, Felmor, Stallings, Alis, Priyya, Vincent, Alex, Monroe
MAP: Dunwaar Chapel, (Round 04b)


Priyya looks up sympathetically at Alis, disconcertingly aware. "I know - I saw it." She waves off Alis' questioning look. "I'll explain later. Help me up, sister. I've got to earn my pay."


Mal turns to Monroe as he moves, "This assassin has proven a deadly opponent. As much as I want to taste her blood once again, I must look to my crew first. I would suggest that if you go after the woman, you don't go alone."

A few long strides carry Mal out of the chapel and into the area beyond, where he follows the path Lureene took. He allows his instincts and his nose to search the area ahead, readying an attack if the red-clad woman is there.

One move action should be enough to get Mal to Yvonne and Lureene. My scent ability should give me a heads up if she's there. If she's there, he'll yell out for Yvonne to help get Lureene back as he moves to attack. If she's not there, then he'll pick Lureene up, hoping to get her back to Alis before the girl expires.

Claw (in case it's warranted) 1d20 + 8 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 8 - 1 + 1 = 28; power attack, prayer.
damage 1d4 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 = 11; power attack.
Crit Confirm 1d20 + 8 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 8 - 1 + 1 = 14;
Total Damage if confirmed 1d4 + 5 + 2 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 + 11 = 20 (Probably not)


EDIT: For clarification

Perception
Malandraenas 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Mal pushes his way forward past Father Vincent and sees Lureene laying atop Yvonne, Grak perched on her back crying. He shouts to Yvonne, but she is unresponsive and not does not move. The ranger also notices that there is still a healing potion clutched in Lureene's hands. Although he cannot see Chivane, he can smell that she is close, very close. Although not in a space into which he could make an attack. Stifling a curse, he grabs Yvonne's feet and drags her along with Lureene back around the corner away from the stairs leaving Stalling to guard the passageway. Behind him, Monroe takes up a guarding position ready to attack anyone trying to strike at the ranger or the cleric following him.

"Vincent, Mal, get the women inside and see what you can do. Stallings and I will handle things out here. Men, help get the injured inside and then seal the doors."

With that, the guards move forward and carrying Lureene and Yvonne back inside, leaving a trail of blood behind them.

Next Up: Chivane, Felmor, Stallings, Alis, Priyya, Vincent, Alex, Mal, Monroe
MAP: Dunwaar Chapel, (Round 05)


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

Stealth 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26
Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22

Turns out that bleed damage does not stack, so that's fortunate.
Lureene's hp: -4 - 7 = -11/26

Lureene and Yvonne are still bleeding everywhere and their pulses are so faint as to be almost imperceptible.

From outside, you hear nothing except the sound of the captains calling out to guards for additional support and to watch the rooftops. From somewhere up above, you hear a man scream in pain and distant shouting from the battlements.

Next Up: Felmor, Stallings, Alis, Priyya, Vincent, Alex, Mal, Monroe


Felmor notices Yvonnes body bleeding out still, and he does not hesitate. Pointing to the guards around him, he bellows, ”Well don’t jes stand thar like virgins on their first date, gimme a hand ‘ere!”

Heal check to stop Yvonne’s bleeding 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 1 = 13 prayer
Any AA checks from the guards surrounding her would also be appreciated.


Perception Checks
Alis 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

"Traker!" Alis' gaze threatens to run him thru, "Leave the injured to the priests and get this room secured. You there!" She points to the guard standing by Lureene. "That woman still has a healing potion in her hand, feed it to her!"

The guard by Lureene nods at Alis' command and with the help of another who tilts her head up, uncorks the potion and pours it down her throat. The princess meanwhile slips forward, touching Yvonne's with her wand.

CLW 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Lureene's hp: -11 + 4 = -7/26

CLW 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Yvonne's hp: -17 + 11 = -6/62

The gaping wounds on Lureene's neck and Yvonne's abdomen close and they are no longer bleeding, however both women remain ghostly pale.

Recalling that (like herself) Priyya expended most of her healing power earlier, Alis tosses the wand to Priyya. "Glad you bought this, we'll need to buy another though."


OK, I misunderstood there...I thought Lureene had already fed the potion to Yvonne before she was struck down. My mistake.

Felmor gives Alis a hard look, almost challenging her, Women! but then shrugs, and moves to guard the door to the chapel.

Move to G11, and assume a guard position.


Priyya muscles her way between the downed ladies, nudging any remaining guards out of the way. "Father, we're going to need your help here."

Priyya debates whom to heal. We're all in rough shape but I have to get after Chivane. Yvonne may yet have healing magic...

CLW (Yvonne) 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

She tosses the wand back to Alis. "Now if the good Father can catch all of us in the healing winds of Khorus, I'll get about hunting down Chivane."

Seeing that Yvonne appears on the edge of consciousness, Priyya tries to rouse her, "YVONNE! Wake UP!"


"I caught wind of her over by the stairs. Take a moment to get anyone able on their feet, and we'll see if we can find this b!tch!."


Priyya regards the tall Corporal. "If she's still here, we'll find her. I'll scent out her evil."


Father Vincent reenters the chapel, Mal still standing guard behind him. As soon as he is clear of the guards, he says another prayer to Khorus and healing power flows out to everyone in the room.

channel 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 6) + 1 = 8 prayer

Felmor's hp: 17 + 8 = 25/31
Lureene's hp: -7 + 8 = 1/26
Mal's hp: 16 + 8 = 24/35
Monroe's hp: 45 + 8 = 53/57
Priyya's hp: 9 + 8 = 17/25
Tal's hp: 5 + 8 = 13/27
Yvonne's hp: -2 + 6 + 8 = 12/62


Felmor straightens up as he feels the healing flow into his bones. He nods at Father Vincent, and turns to his Desert Rose, "Ya know, I be wit' ye on this, Beloved"

He turns to Captain Monroe, and advises, "Be sure ta bar th'door behind us, she may try again."

He waves to Grak, and says, "Ye wanna find who did this ta yer mistress, then come wit' us."


Priyya wrote:
"YVONNE! Wake UP!"

Yvonne's eyes flutter open and she looks up at Alis and Priyya leaning over her.

"Healing magic?" She shakes her head, as the women help her back to her feet. "What little healing I can offer, Monroe needed earlier when we fled. My apologies."


Priyya wrote:
"Now if the good Father can catch all of us in the healing winds of Khorus, I'll get about hunting down Chivane."

Alex looks at the rest of you with disbelief visible on his face. "If Chivane was able to incapacitate a renowned swordswoman like Lady d'Calla, do you think it wise to pursue her in the dark? Surely that is exactly the sort of fight this assassin wants!"

"At least heal yourselves fully..."

Next Up: Mal, Stallings, Monroe; Felmor, Alis, guard, Priyya, Vincent, Yvonne, Alex


Mal looks at the restorative wand, "If that thing still has some power left, let's heal up as best we can and then head out." He looks at all the people in the room. "It will be dangerous out there, and we can't guarantee everyone's safety. I'd suggest our crew go hunting the assassin. The rest of you stay defensive and stay safe. Unless someone's got a better idea."

At this point, I'd like for the wand and any other healing resources we have be pooled efficiently to get our team up as high as possible, then we'll go after her.


There is more shouting up on the battlements and Monroe says, "I'm about good to go, you guys heal up. Stallings and I are heading up to see what we can do."

Monroe waits for Father Vincent to channel again. He then nods to the guards to close the doors and heads up after his senior counterpart.

Round 6
Vincent does another healing burst, Alis, Priyya, Mal, and Yvonne pass around the wand.
channel 2d6 ⇒ (6, 1) = 7
Felmor's hp: 25 + 8 = 33/31 full
Lureene's hp: 1 + 8 = 9/26
Mal's hp: 24 + 8 = 32/35
Monroe's hp: 53 + 8 = 61/57 full
Priyya's hp: 17 + 8 = 25/25 full
Tal's hp: 13 + 8 = 21/27
Yvonne's hp: 12 + 6 + 8 = 26/62

Lureene's hp: 9 + 1d8 + 3 ⇒ 9 + (5) + 3 = 17/26
Mal's hp: 32 + 1d8 + 3 ⇒ 32 + (4) + 3 = 39/35 full
Tal's hp: 21 + 1d8 + 3 ⇒ 21 + (5) + 3 = 29/27 full
Yvonne's hp: 26 + 1d8 + 3 ⇒ 26 + (7) + 3 = 36/62


Yvonne wrote:
"What little healing I can offer, Monroe needed earlier when we fled. My apologies."

Priyya laughs, certain of how Yvonne knew her thoughts, "It's an interesting experience, isn't it?"

Count Alex Rugen, the Six-Fingered Man wrote:
"At least heal yourselves fully..."

Priyya smiles at the new minted Count, "Your Grace, I think we'd all appreciate being more fully healed - time permitting. We have to be quick; we don't want Chivane to get away."


No One of Consequence wrote:
...Alis, Priyya, Mal, and Yvonne pass around the wand.

Dude! Don't bogart the wand, man...


Priyya wrote:
"It's an interesting experience, isn't it?"

"Interesting..." She nods, "A good word for it, yes."

Round 7
Lureene's hp: 9 + 2d8 + 6 ⇒ 9 + (2, 3) + 6 = 20/26
Yvonne's hp: 26 + 2d8 + 6 ⇒ 26 + (2, 1) + 6 = 35/62


Round 8
Lureene's hp: 20 + 1d8 + 3 ⇒ 20 + (8) + 3 = 31/26 full
Yvonne's hp: 35 + 3d8 + 9 ⇒ 35 + (7, 4, 5) + 9 = 60/62

With only some minor bruises remaining, Yvonne hands the now smoking wand back to Alis before looking to Mal with concern, "Not coming with us, is she?"


"Who's not coming with us?"


Alis takes the wand and folds her arms across her chest looking to her bodyguard for his decision. Alex looks at her like she is mad and says, "I am not about to have royal blood spilled in my castle! Please, stay here where it's safe, won't you?"

The young count looks at Mal pleadingly even though it's clear that the willful young princess would rather help.


Realzing that both Yvonne and the young human are talking about Alis, Mal shakes his head, "No offense, Alex, but Alis stays with us. It's my job to keep her alive, and I can't very well do that if she's not with me. Plus, the girl is more than handy in a fight." He looks around at the crew. "Darkmane and myself will take point, Traker and Little Sister will bring up the rear. Alis, Lureene, you two stay in the middle and keep your eyes peeled. Stay tight and work together, people. We can bring her down if we work together."


"Yvonne, Monroe... What are your plans?"

Priyya turns to the Priest, "Father, while I don't wish to tax Khorus' great generosity after all he has done for me... You wouldn't happen to have any enchantments you could place on my blade, would you?"

1,751 to 1,800 of 11,113 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP] Wardove's Rumble in the Jungle All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.