The Legacy of Marianasu - DM Downrightamazed

Game Master downrightamazed

The great captain Korius Merit, of the Paladine of Izmir, summons a group of warriors of the air to retrieve twelve evil artifacts; the legendary Abominations of the long-dead archmage Marianasu.


651 to 700 of 3,728 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Male Human Battle Herald 11

Damian, having returned from finding Brook safe, is sitting at the table when Belsarious and Ana show off their fire-belching ale. The proud knight kind of groans internally and shakes his head. 'Dignified leaders hoping to save the world... I hope word of this doesn't get back to Captain Merit. I can explain the side journey to rescue the village, but this?'

When Mwosa queries him about his plan, Damian puts aside his thoughts to answer. "General, we appreciate the courtesy you have shown us. Unfortunately, we cannot stay much longer. We will set out once we are sure that our mounts are prepared to fly. Please send any correspondence as to what you find to Captain Merit in Izmir, if possible."


Dolo seconds Sir Damian in thanking our hosts as well. He asks Ana for any spare concoctions as well, in case they are ever needed.

Turning to Sir Damian, "If we have time, I would like to speak with our fellowship, if you will, Sir Damian. Alone, preferably. If not, we can catch up on our journey."


Male Human Battle Herald 11

Damian, his ire settled with the gnome, nods his head. "Of course, if our host will allow it. Do you mind, General, giving us the room for a few moments?"


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

Reaction:

Maiathreen stares into the crackling flames his pale golds eyes appearing red from the light of the fire his mind stuck in the shadows of their past. Being stuck in a cave was reminding him of their creation and oddly of the mother he never knew if she felt the same anger and sadness he has felt before finding Livain and escaping. His thoughts are shattered when he hears the voice so similar to the ones he hears in his nightmares.

"Great now our nightmares visit us whilst awake. What manner of fiend are you?" Maiathreen asks as he stands to his feet and pulls his blade free from its sheath. He mentally prepares a spell he hopes may help but waits before bringing it to power.


Knowledge Arcane:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 Spellcraft:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

DRA:

Hehe, yeah I was assuming she would be thats why Min wasn't going to bother even trying to wake her for anyone. Been trying to improve my writing some and hopefully I am not causing confusion. ^^;

Only speaking with the villagers for a few moments before being called back by his comrades, Min excuses himself and returns to the table where everyone is standing by.


Male Elf Witch 5 / Ranger 1/ Eldritch Knight 5

"Zounds, I knew you were a fiery woman perhaps when all is said a done we may take proper measure o each other."

"How many measures are within this flask? I would not want to drink more than is needed."


General Mwosa nods at Sir Damian's request. "But of course, I will attend to other duties. Ana, please come with, I'd like to ask you about the attack on your village, anyway." As they leave, Ana says to Belsarious: "There are 12 measures, or 'doses'. Just a half-mug's worth is all that's needed."

Min returns from a quick check on the villagers, who are still a bit shell-shocked, but seem to be getting along. They're at least walking and talking and thankful to be so, which is a marked improvement over last night.

All of you are now present and you have the dining hall to yourselves.


Male Human Witch 3|| AC 14 /17 (mage armor) || hp 20/20|| Init +4 || Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +4 || Perception +5 || Condition: Normal

Ok 12 doses of the potion
DC 14 fort save for each person who tries it....
what is the damage on that?


Barnabus II wrote:

Ok 12 doses of the potion

DC 14 fort save for each person who tries it....
what is the damage on that?

4d8 if the Fort save is successful, otherwise it's 2d8 to the enemy and 2d8 to you.


Female Silastrix Archer 11 - HP 93 AC 24, T 16, Flat 18 - F+7 R+8 W+ 4 Init +8; Senses: Darkvision Low-Light Vision)

Reaction:
Whilst she was leaning against Maiathreen, gnawing on food, she was snapped out of the mundane drone of chewing by an eerie voice. Before she even had time to respond verbally, she was reaching for any weapon in sight.


@Livain and @Mai:
There is a sensation of being touched, lightly, and you realize that the bands of moving metal are monstrously long, covering the walls and reaching down into the floor, as well. Two bizarre tendrils of metal, unlike anything either of you have ever seen before, have stretched up from the floor and touched your flesh, very lightly. Instantly you are both given visions; you see four great flying beasts -- a silver dragon, a hippogriff, a white dragon, and a bizarre extraplanar creature of terrifying visage -- all being ridden as mounts. There are two elves, a half-elf, a human, and leading them is a gnome, advanced in age but full of vitality. Also, there is something about one of the elves that you recognize -- the wood elf, riding the silver dragon with the half-elf, seems familiar. "...ssssseeeeeeeeek lllllluckbennnnnnderrrrrr...the sssshhort onnnnne...the ssssssshhaddowwssssss hhhhhaaave touched yyyyyou...onnnnnnly hhhhheeeeee cannnnnn hhhhhhheeelp...yyyyyyou mussssssst telllll hhhhhhhhhim whhhhherrre yyyou arrrrre frrrrrrom....telllll hhhhhhhimmmmm about the iiinnnnnnnnnnnk....tellllll hhhhimmmmmmm wwwwweeeeee ssssssssent yyyyouuuu to hhhhhhimmmmm...telllllll hhhhhiimmmmmmm weeeeeeee hhhheeellllllp..." The vision fades along with the strange rustling and crackling noises. The moving metal has disappeared, leaving behind a pair of daggers. They are utterly mundane in appearance, even looking rather dull, but upon closer inspection you realize they are supernaturally sharp and harder than anything you have ever seen.

A gift? A bribe?

If you choose to keep these daggers, they do the regular 1d4+STR in damage, but they always strike at Touch AC.


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

@DRA:

"Wait! How do you know about us?!?! Damn it! Maiathreen exclaims when he realizes the metal bands have disappeared. "Well that was rude. How do you think they knew about your past?" Chimes a voice quietly in the back of his head.

"Stryke if I knew that so would you. "I suppose, but I'd still ask you cause it gets so lonely being by my self in side this depressing head of yours you know. All you ever think of is Livain, how to protect Livain, or how to kill your enemies so you can protect Livain. You know smile every once in a while it won't hurt I promise or at least so I've heard I wouldn't personally know since I have no lips. Oh and by the way are you going to keep that dagger because if you do I just want you to know I won't be jealous, I mean look at it it is very dull and not even magical....
"By the gods you are giving me a headache!" He snaps out loud in irritation.
"I'm only trying to help." Replies the sword sounding very small and almost hurt.
"You try to stay sane with you talking all the time." Mai replies almost apologetically
"Ha I have enough trouble trying to shield you from your own dreams though it doesn't work so well"
"And have I ever been anything other than grateful for that?
"Ok as long as you are sorry for snapping at me or yourself....errr you no what I mean." Stryke says as Maiathreen feels the swords consciousness withdraw slightly ending the mental conversation.

"So you think we should meet this group and see what they are about?" Maiathreen asks his wife as he picks up both dagger spinning one in his palm before handing it to Livain hilt first as he slides the other behind his back with his other two dagger. After Livain takes and stows her dagger he gently strokes his fingers across her wings as he holds her. "We might be free soon to live our lives as we want not in fear everyday." He says his icy facade breaking for a moment alone with his wife as the fire dims to embers forgotten after everything that had just happened and been revealed to them.


Male Human Battle Herald 11

Damian looks around the room at his allies. "I'm glad we are all back together, but it is true that we have lost a day. We must ride hard to get to our destination in time. The situation demanded our action, but so does this one. I hope everyone is prepared."

He pauses for a moment, looking down at Dolo. "Luckbender, what did you want to speak with the group about?"


"Thank you Sir Damian. What I am about to tell you is very confidential information. Please do not share outside of our fellowship, agreed?" Dolo will look for affirmation before continuing.

"Belsarious and I were involved in a ritual back in Izmir. Used in the ritual inside the Citadel was housed a piece of an extra-planar entity known as the Metallum Aeternum. This hive-mind entity from a high-gravity plane of terrific density first sent forth its servants to our world to consume all of our metals."

"The gods intervened and provided weapons and armor made from the incapacitated flesh of the Metallum itself and tactics to stop this invasion. Iomedae knew the Metallum would return, and so they prepared contingencies to again fight the Metallum Aeternum, and drive it from this plane when the time came."

"When I was on the butte, I encountered remnants of the Metallum. They were asked for aid in stopping inhabitants of this world to stop killing them and to free them. The remnants are bound to the rock where they are but they are begging for release."

"They gave me this." Dolo pulls out the carefully wrapped dagger made from the Metallum.

"In addition, I found these rings, made of the same material, on the Marrashi warrior who had the gold coins I gave the General. I don't know what to make of it at this point. What I do believe is that our mission and these signs of Metallum activity may be connected."


Male Human Battle Herald 11

Damian takes the information in stride. The gnome hadn't mentioned it on their return flight. He speaks up, looking for clarification. "What do they gain by asking travelers for aid? Do you believe they could have gained humanoid followers in addition to the possibility that they are controlling the strange dragonflight that has been harrowing us? The red and blue dragons we fought in Izmir attacked the city in a raid independent of the siege. I imagine that this is all connected in one way or another."


Sir Damian Lamorak wrote:
Damian takes the information in stride. The gnome hadn't mentioned it on their return flight. He speaks up, looking for clarification. "What do they gain by asking travelers for aid? Do you believe they could have gained humanoid followers in addition to the possibility that they are controlling the strange dragonflight that has been harrowing us? The red and blue dragons we fought in Izmir attacked the city in a raid independent of the siege. I imagine that this is all connected in one way or another."

"They seek intervention on their behalf. They want someone to stop their attackers and allow them to feast. They seemed desperate as they have been trapped for a very long time. I don't necessarily believe they have followers, however, I will bring up the old addage - the enemy of my enemy is my friend. If they team up with anyone, they could offer mutual benefits. If they join with the Dragonflights, they would gain a powerful ally against us. I don't have any answers at this time but felt it was important enough to share."

I would have shared sooner Damian but the story catapulted us forward before I could post. Sorry. ;(


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

Min shrugs at the information that was given, he knew nothing of these 'Metallum' only that they sounded more of a menace then a potential ally. "I am glad you made it off the Butte unscathed Professor, it sounds like you've experienced a lot in our absence. Forgive me though but I have no opinion about those you met, if the majority decides that we are to assist these strange 'Metallum' then I will assist as best I can. He pauses for a moment as he tries to clarify his next question. "I am concerned though about the items we seek... Forgive me Professor, I am not the most learned, but how long have they existed?"


Min Bein'Meleth Rámalóce wrote:
Min shrugs at the information that was given, he knew nothing of these 'Metallum' only that they sounded more of a menace then a potential ally. "I am glad you made it off the Butte unscathed Professor, it sounds like you've experienced a lot in our absence. Forgive me though but I have no opinion about those you met, if the majority decides that we are to assist these strange 'Metallum' then I will assist as best I can. He pauses for a moment as he tries to clarify his next question. "I am concerned though about the items we seek... Forgive me Professor, I am not the most learned, but how long have they existed?"

"I do not wish to assist the Metallum or go off mission. I just wanted everyone to know of this new development. Based on the involvement of several benevolent gods, including Iomedae, I am very apprehensive that these beings are active again and seeking release. As far as their longevity, it is unknown by me. However, it is not a recent incursion - I believe it to be decades or even centuries ago that this took place. I plan to reasearch it further when I can."

Dolo turns to Belsarious. "The entities on the butte knew of the ritual. The hive-mind is active. I fear the worst. We need to be vigilant."


Male Elf Witch 5 / Ranger 1/ Eldritch Knight 5

"Is it possible those you spoke with came from tha hive mind but have been split from it so long they are no longer part of tha collective?"

"Observers may be changed by what they observe."


Belsarious II wrote:

"Is it possible those you spoke with came from tha hive mind but have been split from it so long they are no longer part of tha collective?"

"Observers may be changed by what they observe."

"They knew me by name. How else would you figure it?"

Dolo is content to work out this logic puzzle until the party is ready to move.


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

Min sighed about how his poor wording had caused some confusion. "Sorry Professor allow me to rephrase, how long have the items of... Marianasu existed?"


Male Elf Witch 5 / Ranger 1/ Eldritch Knight 5

Belsarious somber mood lifts tha more he drinks until he answers Dolo's question...or his sober condition fades away!

"Mayhap they read one o yer publications yah got yer name on em an yer face is on em fer sure, thas how they knew o yer self."


Belsarious fort save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

@Belsarious:
There is an echo in your head of the mouth in the sky, of the eyes and shadows from the ritual. You hear the booming voice you heard when you first arrived at Izmir only this time it is not speaking to you, but to another, and is a sound in the distance. It again says "C H O O S E" and there is a tug to the southeast that brings you a crushing headache.

You all see Belsarious grunt in pain and put a hand to his temples, and there is a clamor of voices outside.


@Mai and @Livain:
The storm continues to rage outside, huge blasts of wind toss snow over the lip of your cave and threaten to douse your fire. You are both freezing cold.

Unless you guys have magical weather protection that I didn't see in your builds, I need you each to give me DC14 Fort saves, please, or take 1d6 nonlethal damage.


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

DRA:

Ah right speaking of that I shall mark off 2 of Maiathreen's endure elements potions one for him and one for Livain. They would have drank them as soon as they had to take shelter. Sorry didn't think of it almost forgot I had them.


@Mai and @Livain:
Your potions doing their job, the two of you are able to eat and eventually doze off. When you awake, the storm has stopped, though the air is still freakishly cold both for this time of year and this climate.

A number of small stones have been carefully arranged in your cave by some creature at some point during the night. They spell the word; "W E S T"


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

Min moves to comfort Belsarious at first, but when the clamor starts outside, he quickly grabs up a large knife off the table and curls it up where it is hidden along the backside of his forearm. His eyes turn steely as he moves into a defensive position by the door and he tries to judge if the room is large enough to summon Lin...

Then he curses quietly, as he remembers she is asleep and Brook will need someone to protect him. He was on his own and without his armor or weapons, with a sigh he casts shield on himself for added protection. He moves up alongside the doorway and carefully peers out into the hall to see what the commotion is.

Stealth 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Min doesn't have any of his gear, he is only armed with whatever knife he could find on the table lol. If theres a fight its gonna be a hectic one for Him!


Male Human Battle Herald 11

Following Min's lead, Damian stands and unsheathes his sword while securing his shield. "What is going on? Belsarious? Dolo, see if you can help him while Min and I see what's going on outside. If hostilities are breaking out again, I want everyone prepared to take flight as soon as possible." Striding straight past Min, the knight strides into the hall to investigate.

In a calm, clear voice that radiates his confidence and presence, Damian asks, "By Iomedae, what is going on out here?"


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

@Livain and @DRA:

After the strange visitor they had just had Maiathreen had a hard time concentrating on food. He sat next to Livain her head resting against his shoulder as they both finished their meals and then curled up together for sleep.

When morning comes Maiathreen unfurls his wings from around himself and Livain as he gently kisses her in an attempt to wake her. "It seems someone is giving us directions still." He says when she awakens gesturing towards the group of stones. "I say we should follow it I mean is it any worse than how things are already?" He says to her while restarting the fire and fixing breakfast.

"I agree I mean they only have a WHITE dragon last time I checked they are against us! Stryke chimes in.
"Shut up, they also have a silver dragon so there must be a reason for the white." Maiathreen replies quietly.
"Fine but don't say I didn't warn you." Stryke says quietly sulking.
"Just...oh never mind." Maiathreen mutters to himself.


Min Bein'Meleth Rámalóce wrote:
Min sighed about how his poor wording had caused some confusion. "Sorry Professor allow me to rephrase, how long have the items of... Marianasu existed?"

"Ah, the high time of the Telestari was about 4,000 years ago. About 3,000 years ago, during the First War of the Black Dragonflight, the Telestari were betrayed and then they vanished from this world, never to be seen or heard from again." Dolo sneaks a furtive look at Belsarious.

"Since Marianasu was a Telestari mage, my estimation is that they are centuries old. Likely created before the First War."


Sir Damian Lamorak wrote:

Following Min's lead, Damian stands and unsheathes his sword while securing his shield. "What is going on? Belsarious? Dolo, see if you can help him while Min and I see what's going on outside. If hostilities are breaking out again, I want everyone prepared to take flight as soon as possible." Striding straight past Min, the knight strides into the hall to investigate.

In a calm, clear voice that radiates his confidence and presence, Damian asks, "By Iomedae, what is going on out here?"

Dolo looks after Belsarious, seeking to help him as best he can.


Male Elf Witch 5 / Ranger 1/ Eldritch Knight 5

Someone has found tha other object and tha bonding process has began, we must go .....

Points to the southeast...


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14
Sir Damian Lamorak wrote:
In a calm, clear voice that radiates his confidence and presence, Damian asks, "By Iomedae, what is going on out here?"

Now that their possibility of surprise was over, Min moved to support Damian and watch his back in the hallway. A rounded shape of energy darted and moved about with a mind of its own as he stepped up behind Damian and casted a wary eye behind them. Even though he was without his usual gear, his voice was confident as he stepped up to the side of Damian and spoke. "I've got your back Damian."


Outside, Min and Damian realize Belsarious is right. Another giant blast of pure arcane power is hammering up int the sky, aways to the southeast, identical to what you saw while dining in Izmir, surely indicating someone has and is using this abomination.Many villagers and soldiers are pointing at and asking what it could possibly mean. It's a fair ways away, at least a few day's flight.


Male Human Battle Herald 11

Damian strides back into the dining room and begins issuing orders. "There appears to be another one of those arcane columns. We don't have time to spare. I want everyone on their mounts, prepared to take flight, in 10 minutes. We leave from the courtyard to continue our mission." He exits to prepare Keythan and wake Brook.

Their mission cannot wait any longer.


Dolo waits for the others to scurry off to gather their mounts and prepare. Dolo knew that Glofindel shared his thoughts and was as ready to go as ever. He took the opportunity to speak with Sir Damian in private.

"Sir Damian. I want to apologize for the harsh words I spoke to you yesterday. My frustration was with the sitation, not with you. I trust in your leadership and won't question it or chastise you again so callously."


Male Human Battle Herald 11

Damian shakes the gnome's small hand. "I appreciate it, but I was also testy with you. I didn't know that you had been dealing with the Metallum while we were off. You did have a point that we risk the lives of many others when we deviate from the mission, but you must realize that we need each other in order to fulfill the mission. Hopefully we won't have any such disagreements in the future." He smiles and heads to wake his squire.

Shaking the young boy by his shoulder, he is very happy to see Brook. "My boy, I hope you got enough sleep. We're setting off in just a few minutes. I brought you a little food, but you might have to eat it in the air."


Male Elf Witch 5 / Ranger 1/ Eldritch Knight 5

"Minutes we do not have minutes, every second counts, remember though my own story is I found tha object an found myself beset with persons trying tah kill me. Remember the person finding it may not be able to resist it an may attack against his/her will."


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

DRA and Livain:


Are me and Livain able to see the light from our cave? If so.

Maiathreen's eyes widen slightly when he notices the column of light coming from the west. "I assume we just found where we are supposed to be headed... He mentions to his wife as he checks his weapons. "Are you ready, Livain?"

If not.

"Are you ready, Livain? I'm not sure what we are going to find out there, but maybe we can finally put our history behind us and live for the future." He says lacing his fingers with hers.


Female Silastrix Archer 11 - HP 93 AC 24, T 16, Flat 18 - F+7 R+8 W+ 4 Init +8; Senses: Darkvision Low-Light Vision)

Maiathreen:
She examined the dagger carefully, going over any detail and making a permanent etch into her memory. Later on before they slept off the incident, she carefully cleaned her weapons one by one making sure to add her new piece to the cleaning pile. Each time she would switch weapons for polishing, she would look up at Maiathreen and give him a gentle smile. After cleaning the massive pile of sharp metal, she curled up under his wing for sleep. Before falling asleep she always makes sure to soothe his nerves with soft melodic humming. She awoke to a gentle kiss and the smell of a pleasant surprise...BREAKFAST COOKING ON THE FIRE! She could feel her mouth watering and without a second thought gave her husband a tight hug.
Maiathreen wrote:
"It seems someone is giving us directions still." He says when she awakens gesturing towards the group of stones. "I say we should follow it I mean is it any worse than how things are already?"

Livain,sat close to her husband and gently placed her hand on his shoulder.

No love, not any worse I would say. I mean after all, we are in a cave and we escaped hell not too long ago. I would say, chances are, that it may be wise to see where these directions lead us. We might find the peace we seek. Maybe this time, our efforts wont be in vain my love...
Later on when breakfast was finished Maiathreen inquired of her
Maiathreen wrote:
"Are you ready, Livain? I'm not sure what we are going to find out there, but maybe we can finally put our history behind us and live for the future."

She looks up at him and with a reassuring smile she nodded her head. She tightened her hands grasp gently.


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

@Livain and @DRA:

"Well my love I suppose we should head out then and see what happens."
He says and kisses her passionately. He then walks towards the edge of the cliff and flexes his wings and takes flight heading west heading towards an unknown future.


Catching up with Min, Dolo shares with him the answer to his question. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be rude by not answering your question earlier about my companion. Glorfindel is known as an eidolon. What is an eidolon, you ask? They are an astral construct summoned by an arcane spellcrafter through the use of a very elaborate ritual. The basic form - in my case a quadruped - is chosen on the first ritual but beyond that they can change over time. The bond between summoner and eidolon is beyond close - it is spiritual. That bond is both their strength and their weakness." Dolo began elaborating on the spiritual home of the eidolon and other aspects but was interrupted by Belsarious' warning.

"Well, if you want to know more, I'll gladly share!"


Female Silastrix Archer 11 - HP 93 AC 24, T 16, Flat 18 - F+7 R+8 W+ 4 Init +8; Senses: Darkvision Low-Light Vision)

Maiathreen:
She couldn't help but smile at him in response to his kiss. She gently opened her wings and stretched them out a little right before taking flight with Maiathreen.


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14
Dolo Luckbender wrote:


"Well, if you want to know more, I'll gladly share!"

It was very hard for Min to understand everything that Professor Dolo was saying, the bond he shared with Glor sounded similar to what Lin and him had. His knowledge on the rest of what Dolo spoke of was sadly very limited and narrow in scope. As Dolo finished speaking Min couldn't help himself as he laughed at how little he knew of the world. " Forgive me, I am not laughing at you professor. Only at the fact that I know so little and that you will have to repeat that again sometime when we are in less of a rush and I have time to listen more to what you just said. With your help though, I am sure I will be able to learn easily enough, to be honest we are truly blessed to have your expertise. You may follow me if you wish but I must go and rouse Lin so we can get ready to go, hopefully I am not too late I have to see someone about some armor..." Min nods respectfully to Dolo before heading into the stables where Lin and Brooke are.

In the stables, for anyone who follows (or wants to read, it is wordy as usual):

Before he had reached the stables Min could already feel that Lin was awake, the commotion or that strange arcane energy must have woke her, and the bond slowly warmed as she too sensed him quickly approaching. He entered and found a groggy eyed Brook staring up at him as he was rising from where he had been curled up against Lin. Min smiled as he spoke, his voice was filled with care. "I am glad you got some rest Brooke, you will need it since we are preparing to leave and Sir Damian is in need of your skills. He is in the dining hall, but before you go let me fix your hair."

As he helps Brook to his feet Min mentally sizes him up for a moment before messing his hair up playfully. "I suppose your good enough you young rapscallion, besides you can blame me for your appearance if you want!" As Min chuckles Lin pulls Brook back with her wingtips and carefully hugs him up against her long scaled neck.

"If you need us Brook, day or night, do not hesitate to come see us. Take care, young one." She rumbled warmly before releasing Brook just as Sir Damian arrived to fetch him. Lin nodded respectively to Sir Damian as he entered and gave him a quick greeting after him and his squire had reunited.

I'm not trying to rush anything, people can post whatever they want in response, this is a long post only because my time is limited right now. But this is flexible enough if anyone wants to change it up. =)

As they left Min watched them go with a warm smile before he slowly felt the bond grow cold as a feeling of sadness emanated from Lin. He turned to approach her but was pushed back as she unfurled one of her powerful wings and stopped him from approaching. He sighed as she held him at bay, their past always seemed to haunt them and it was because of that they had avoided others for so long. But recently the memories were proving more and more unavoidable...

Her voice was hollow and cold as she fixed Min with a steady stare, there was pain in her eyes, but also a look of determination. "If you plan on getting anything done, then you need to go Now, I will try and get as far as I can without you. But you must hurry..."

In the stables
When Min left it took Lin some time to pull herself together, having spent that time with Brook had been wonderful. But it seemed that ever since they had started on this quest the pain of the past had began to dog them relentlessly once more. She sighed as she refocused on the task at hand, she slid her tail underneath the saddlebags and lifted her tail until the bags slid down and over her hips. The saddle went on much easier as she snatched it up carefully with her teeth and set it on her back. Although it lacked the usual strapping down it needed at least everything was ready for when Min returned.

Min nodded to Lin as he left the stables, without further resistance, trying to quickly find one of the warbanian Officers again. Once he found one of them he had a personal request to make...

"I need a longspear, some thistle arrows if you have them and a set of armor for a child or half'in about this height... if you have a spare short bow, dagger or both that would be good as well. I am willing to trade if thats what's needed I have a couple items that may prove interesting. But we will have to be quick because we are about to continue our mission in the name of Captain Merit and Izmer. If you can assist me I'd be in your debt."

Diplomacy 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


Pardon the lacuna, guys. End of this trip has been rough; closed interstates, fires, late gigs, now a winter storm. Blechh. Updates tomorrow for sure as we'll be staying with friends who have WiFi.


Male Silastrix Magus (Bladebound Kensai) 11 (HP 83/83 AC 30, T 23, Flat 11 - F+9 R+9 W+8 Init +12; Senses: Darkvision 60ft Low-Light Vision (X2), Per +13

Awesome I like updates they make me happy :)


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

No problem boss man, have fun on your tour =O!


Male Elf Witch 5 / Ranger 1/ Eldritch Knight 5

Lurking....


@Min: Your enquiries lead you to the Quartermaster's office, where the man himself listens to your request and raises an eyebrow. "We are not in the habit of trading for stores or arms, but I understand this is an unusual request for a unique mission. Let me speak with my commander." The big quartermaster disappears into a back room and you can hear muffled voices. After a bit, he comes back out. "We have no armor or arrows such as you describe, I'm afraid, but we can donate some ammunition and weapons for you." The Warbanian sets a good, strong longspear up against the wall. He then sets three other items on a table; one is a compound shortbow, the other is a dagger, and the last is a complicated-looking rigging with four small quivers that are thin and flat and a larger, normal quiver that sits on the outside of them. Each quiver has some arrows in it, and the arrows are not a kind you've encountered before; all have strange fletching. 50 of the arrows are fletched with sparrow feathers, and these all reside in the main quiver. In one of the smaller quivers there are ten arrows fletched with cardinal feathers, in another one are ten arrows that have cedar waxwing fletching, in the third small quiver are 20 arrows fletched with woodpecker feathers and in the last are 20 arrows fletched with redwing blackbird feathers. Seeing your look, the quartermaster explains what's before you. "The dagger is of masterwork quality, and is a standard weapon issued to all soldiers from Warbane. It has our crest on the pommel and can be used as identification should you encounter any of our forces in the field. The shortbow is of the standard type, as is the longspear. The multi-quiver and arrows are all of Enhathladi construction; the weaponsmiths of that land are unequalled when it comes to creating specialty arms. The arrows in the main quiver are of masterwork quality. The cedar waxwing arrows are called backbarbs, and have spring-loaded arrowheads that burst open after striking the target. The cardinal arrows are flamestrike arrows and explode on impact. The woodpecker arrows are specialty puncturing ammunition and the redwing blackbird arrows are called razortusks, and can pierce all but the toughest armor. If you have gold you can buy more, but this is what I have been given leave to donate to your cause. I hope it helps."

Details on the weapons:
Dagger: masterwork dagger
Short crossbow and longspear: normal
Details on the arrows:
Puncturing arrows/woodpecker fletching: do regular plus 1 point Con and 1d4 bleed damage per round (roll 1d4 per round)
Razortusk Arrows/redwing blackbird fletching: normal damage, but ignore armor bonuses to AC
Masterwork Arrows/sparrow fletching: usual mwk bonuses apply
Backbarb Arrows/cedar waxwing fletching: normal damage plus 1 point Str damage and 1d4 tearing damage per round (roll per round), plus attempted removal of the arrow does 2d6 damage
Flamestrike Arrows/cardinal fletching: do normal damage plus 3d6 fire damage to a 20ft. radius.


Got any of those in Heavy Crossbow bolts? ;D

651 to 700 of 3,728 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Legacy of Marianasu - DM Downrightamazed All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.