The Legacy of Marianasu - DM Downrightamazed

Game Master downrightamazed

The great captain Korius Merit, of the Paladine of Izmir, summons a group of warriors of the air to retrieve twelve evil artifacts; the legendary Abominations of the long-dead archmage Marianasu.


401 to 450 of 3,728 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Female Dragonrider 4/ Paladin of Sarenrae 3

It was with a cold compassion that Syl watched the events, and it brought a small bit of humanity back to her features - her battle-trance had ended, and with it, all needs to focus on movement were made. As she had rejoined formation with the group, she was already treating the wounds to Ansrithar.

Lay on Hands x3 3d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 4) = 14 healed from 26 damage.

The elven noble caressed her trusted companion, and uttered sweet nothings into his ear, promising him things none else could hear. This brought a bit of new life into his wings, and his wounds started to mend.

"Come, friends! We must make haste, lest we allow our foe's weather to batter us! We can soar above it, or we can dive through the pass! I leave the decision to you!"

She seems prepared, either way - she sheathes her blade, and utters a quick prayer in turn - and looks onwards, unable to really decipher as much as she would want. However, she does grip the sides of Ansrithar, and narrows herself so he may gain speed.

I hope you know what you're doing. You know the path they will take.

I know. That is why I offered.


Dolo considers the options and weighs the consequences.

"My vote is to fly high, above the storm and the armies on the ground. We stand a better chance of losing our pursuit as well as shield ourselves from potential enemeies - both mortal and natural alike. I was given three potions that will shield the imbiber with protection from the frost but there are nine of us. Glorfindel and I will forgo the potions if that is what we choose. What say the rest of you?"

Mentally, Glorfindel queries, "Is that wise master? Dolo simply responds, "If wisdom were taken into account, we would still be studying in the library."

DM - Can we split the potions in half or thirds to gain the protection for a shorter duration than 24 hours or no?


Male Elf Witch 5 / Ranger 1/ Eldritch Knight 5

Knowledge nature
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

"within hours we can reach the lowest pass. Tha storm as is will be upon us in a quarter of a day 3 or 4 hours, However we must keeps eyes upon on it lest it change speed or direction."

"Riders how high must we go to fly above the storm? It would seem to be a bad place to be a yawning abyss should even one of us fall or become tired."

DM

Spoiler:

Although I made the knowledge roll I thought dividing your spoiler in this way worked best!


Dolo Luckbender wrote:
DM - Can we split the potions in half or thirds to gain the protection for a shorter duration than 24 hours or no?

Potions are all-or-nothing, sorry. I treat them like scrolls in that the entirety of the dweomer must be expended for the effect to take hold. Syl is a princess of the north, though, so she is used to cold. Lin and Ansrithar will also both have extra protection, as dragons of the cold.


As you all hunker down and fly up, it is difficult not to cast an envious glance at Sylsalvitae's furs. The northerner is uniquely suited to this environment, it would appear. The air thins, and gets colder and colder. Your breath, coming now in shallower gasps, chuffs out of your mouth in plumes of vapor.

Okay, so who's taking the Endure Elements potions? Need to decide that before I can move on.


Male Human Battle Herald 11

If possible, Damian will make sure Brook gets one.


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

ninja time! Min has cold reisitance 5 so he should be okay, still at work Dmpc me if you need to sorry guys


Male Elf Witch 5 / Ranger 1/ Eldritch Knight 5

"My boots are lined with fur and have always kept me warm even in the coldest winter or highest mountains.

Who else has boots of the winterlands?


Female Dragonrider 4/ Paladin of Sarenrae 3

It is almost without a thought that Syl thinks of others before herself - after all, she is used to weather that is worse or similar to this, and altitudes as well. She speaks up boldly, and turns to face the rest of the party.

"I offer my share of a potion to the boy with Sir Damian - he is young, and may suffer worse than any of us here. I look not to make him endure such harsh temperatures so early."

Here she snuggles a bit closer into her furred cape, and pulls the hood up over her head - pushing her hair down in turn, for the cold may yet touch her skin and cause discomfort - something she was not very wanting to show.


Okay, so, it looks like Damian, Dolo, and Brook get the potions, yes? The rest of you all have existing protections. If this is wrong in any way, let me know.
Sylsalvitae, give me a Fort save please against cold effects.
All of you roll fort saves for your mounts, if applicable. I'm assuming Ansrithar and Lindórievórea are protected from cold, but if I'm wrong, obviously, then roll it...

As Syl's golden hair disappears under the furry lining of her hood, you clear the clouds and are under the harsh brilliance that is the sun in upper atmosphere. The clouds seem like a fluffy, nice place you could sit, though you all certainly know better. Only Brook, for whom this is all an entirely new experience, speaks up. His voice is reedy from excitement and the thin air.

"Sir Damian! Sir! It's...it's so bright! So beautiful...is it always like this up here?"

You can hear no sounds other than the beating of your mounts' wings, slow and steady.

I'll wait on the saves before continuing...


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

Belsarious:
Min gives Belsarious a slow nod. His voice is quiet, but thankfully he doesn't have to yell to be heard over the wind . "Thank you Belsarious. You have my deepest thanks, that lance has a lot of history behind it and if you are interested I will tell you of it one day. As my lord told me."

Slowly recovering himself, Min wipes away the last of his tears as he tries to ready himself for the coming cold. He may not have furs or other means to avoid the cold. But he possessed the will, focus and the powerful bond he shared with Lin to protect him, which he knew would be enough.

His voice was still not recovered as he spoke, "This is not the first time Lin and I have passed through the heavens and felt its fury. I will overcome, let the potion go to those who need it. But one word of warning friends, if you have no need to look directly into the wind then shield your eyes because the cold may blind you." He taps the goggles covering his eyes as he tries to emphasize his point.

As they pierced the heavens Min brightened some, he always enjoyed being surrounded by the light of the unhindered sun. Being above the clouds like this made him feel as if the world had melted away and the bad with it, leaving only the one of a kind beauty that only this place truly possessed. He laughed heartily as he could clearly see Brook's excitement and Lin rumbled with the pleasure of witnessing the child's first grand experience above the clouds.

Lin is Immune to Cold~ =)


Male Human Battle Herald 11

With the controlled terror and fury of the battle behind him, Damian takes a deep breath of the cold air. He takes a moment to let out a small appreciative laugh for Brook. The boy is so earnest, just as he was at that age. He turns on Keythan's back to offer his squire a knowing smile. Handing him the potion, he motions for the boy to drink. He leans forward and offers the other to the griffon. His mount's strength and energy are much more important than his own, as Damian cannot keep them aloft through will alone. Keythan contorts his eagle's head so that Damian can pour the potion into his beak.

Shivering, Damian says a short prayer to Iomedae for the power to resist the cold. After a beat, he beseeches Sarenrae as well for good measure.

Damian Fortitude 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

While I appreciate the gesture, Damian is not proficient with the elven curve blade.

"Thank you, Belsarious, for your kind gesture, but I simply cannot hold any more weapons. Perhaps Min might appreciate such a piece of his heritage."


I will elect to give my potion to Glorfindel instead since he protects me from the cold w/ Shield Ally.

DM - Also, can I use Resistance to boost my save?


Female Dragonrider 4/ Paladin of Sarenrae 3

Ansrithar is immune to the cold; Syl has resist 5 cold, but that is not the same!
Fortitude Save vs Cold 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 12 + 2 = 27

Syl knows this temperature. She knows how it can lick at your body, and make you think you're still warm enough to get through, that you may somehow persevere - and that it will get you when you least expect it. This knowledge ensures that her survival will occur, and it's here that she will actually take her hood off, and let her golden hair flow again - but only once the silence between them all has happened.

She begins to softly sing, her eyes closed as she is fully relaxed within the sky - it seems that she has often done this, and lets her lungs clear this dread that seems to linger still. Her voice is soft, and melodic, and echoes around them in the eerie way that elves can do. It is slow, and almost melancholy, but it seems to flow easily.

Song (Elven):

"E ils fmailanircalala
Laaw E laila
Iream nyeycw aey oelw sa irama
Aey, eo ilcc irilela nymelalaaw sa amila
Yla'tyanyanawca... omes amirama
E oaac cena E ils wmailselv
Irecw sa nycelaa
Anesemmeam sila fa vela.

Anirela ela il sesalan
Eo faceao
Anirela ela il sesalan
Silwa eo wmailsla
Aey oeylw sa irama anewila
El anira nyecwalaan amelanam leviran
Anirela sesalan ela eym meviran.

Leam, sa ceela anacc sa ilcc
Oem aailmla ama'ela faal iltyilman
Wew aey irailm anira seylanilel oilcc
...sa fmenal irailman
Wel'an amilna sa eo E's wmailselv
Irylair sa wailm
Fanyilylaa anesemmeam sila fa vela.

Celaan el anira tymalaalan
E illalayma
Anirela ela anira sesalan
Laila le sema
Aey oeylw sa irama anewila
El anira nyecwalaan amelanam leviran
Anirela sesalan ela eym meviran.

Anirela ela il sesalan
Eo faceao
Anirela ela il sesalan
Silwa eo wmailsla
Aey oeylw sa irama anewila
El anira nyecwalaan amelanam leviran
Anirela sesalan ela eym meviran.

Song (Translated):

Yes, I stole a song. All rights to its owner - but it fits! (imo)
I am breathless
Need I say
How could you find me here
You, of all have crossed my way
Unexpectedly... from where
I feel like I am dreaming
Hold me close
Tomorrow may be gone

This is a moment
Of belief
This is a moment
Made of dreams
You found me here today
On the coldest winter night
This moment is our right

Now, [my love] tell me all
For years we've been apart
Did you hear the mountain fall
...my broken heart
Don't wake me if I'm dreaming
Hush my dear
Because tomorrow may be gone

Lost in the present
I assure
This is the moment
Say no more
You found me here today
On the coldest winter night
This moment is our right

This is a moment
Of belief
This is a moment
Made of dreams
You found me here today
On the coldest winter night
This moment is our right.


Male Elf Witch 5 / Ranger 1/ Eldritch Knight 5

Damian actually you were offered a weapon cord for the lance

Weapon Cord

Spoiler:

Source Adventurer's Armory 9

Weapon cords are leather straps that attach your weapon to your wrist, typically about 2 feet long. If you drop your weapon or are disarmed, you can recover it as a swift action, and it never moves any further away from you than an adjacent square. However, you cannot switch to a different weapon without first untying the cord (a full-round action) or cutting it (a move action or an attack, hardness 0, 0 hp).


Traveling. Will post later tonight


Dolo braces against the cold but nothing he seems to do has an effect on lessening the frigid bite against his exposed skin. Having given his potion to his companion, Dolo resigns himself to suffer through with dignity, keeping his normal input on the matter at a bare minimum. He does, however, pull out his travel blanket to help cope.

Fort save #1 vs. cold=1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Dolo makes a mental note to aquire a wand or an item that protects him from the environment. Suffering needlessly when there are alternatives is just crazy!


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

Fort save, resist cold 51d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Min felt the cold as it slowly pierced his armor padding, his armor was quickly transferring the cold as the mithral chains visibly frosted in some places. He took deep slow breaths, holding them until he needed to breath once more as he focused on keeping his core temperature from cooling to quickly. Flexing his fingers and toes reflexively helped to keep his blood flowing and it helped stave off the effects of the cold by staying active.

It hadn't been the first time he had dealt with the intense cold of this endless sky. It never did get any easier to deal with the cold, no matter how many times you flew this high. Only through focus and dedication could you master the pain the cold would bring upon you.

As his goggles started to freze over and his face had already gone numb. Min tried to control his feelings, to force back the pain of they're past. Just as he had entered the emotionless void he was pulled back by the singing of the fur covered Tauthan. He still hadn't been able to talk to her more then in passing, but he had to admit that she sang very well.


Sylsalvitae's singing beguiles the tedium of the journey, helping at least part of it go by more quickly. After flying a bit in silence, there is a break in the clouds beneath you and you can see the mountains far below; many hundreds of feet beneath you. As you reach the edge of the mountains and cross into the Plains of Bennalad -- now officially out of the Protectorate of The Lake -- the sun is beginning its climb down into the ocean far to the west. To the southeast, towards Manaus, in Hallas, is where you are led to understand the nearest of the twelve abominations is.

However. Directly to the west of your current position, perhaps two hours' flight time away, is a massive column of black smoke, rising into the sky. While it looks tiny from your distance and altitude, you are all experienced enough fliers to be able to judge the relative size from where you are, and based on how it looms over a portion of the Plains of Bennalad, you can tell it is very large. No flying shapes are there, but the distinctive glinting of sun off metal is unmistakable, and you can see structures, like a town, though they look like tiny toys from your height. Straight ahead, also within a couple hours' flight time, is a butte in the middle of the plains which looks like a good campsite, and you know that in a few hours you will all need to rest.

So. Where to?


Dolo Luckbender wrote:


DM - Also, can I use Resistance to boost my save?

Forgot to answer this, sorry; I don't see why this wouldn't work; go for it. :-)


Also, those of you who needed to save vs. the cold, give me three more Fort saves. One against DC16, one against DC17, one against DC18


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

fort save dc 161d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

fort save dc 171d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

fort save dc 181d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Lin looks longingly at the far off butte as her wings ache after flying so long, with more weight then she was accustomed to. Min too felt the same burning need to land and seek warmth lest his skin suffer the ill effects of the brutal cold. But as they continued to fly onward he couldn't help but look at the distant smoke and think of what else may lie ahead.

"That distant butte looks to be a decent place to land and allow our comrades some well earned rest. What say you Sir Damian?"

With that said Min leads forward and strokes Lin along her great neck. She was doing her best not to show her flagging strength and was determined to keep going. But Min wasn't going to let her suffer needlessly they're hasty flight was important but not important enough for the needless suffering of their comrades.

In draconic "Just a little further Veara and I can take care of you as you deserve."

Lin looked back at Min for a moment, a smile playing across her draconic features for a breif moment. It had been awile since he had used that name and never in front of others~ She rumbled pleasureably at his open concern before focusing back on they're current flight path.


Min, take 1d6 ⇒ 4 points of nonlethal damage.

As you descend to slightly warmer altitudes, at least to where the temperature is more safely distant from the freezing point, it becomes apparent that Min looks a bit logy, and the tips of his half-elven ears are frosted a dangerous white-blue color. He is still flying, and seems alert, but the cold did him no good.


Male Human Battle Herald 11

Fortitude 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Fortitude 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Fortitude 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

At first, the cold air bothers Damian. As any experienced flier will tell you, it's just another thing to deal with. It isn't his first trip into the clouds and it hopefully won't be the last. After a while in the freezing air, he doesn't even notice it.

He raises his shield arm high in the sign to follow, then presses Keythan downward towards a place to get some rest. Hopefully the others would understand and follow.


Female Dragonrider 4/ Paladin of Sarenrae 3

Fortitude saves, in order
1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 2 = 23
1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 2 = 20
1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 12 + 2 = 27

It is unfortunate that the others seek to head towards the butte, or at least think of it - for the moment the lady sees the sight of smoke in the distance, her thoughts change. She nods, and whispers to her companion, before informing the others.

"We should go there soon, if not immediately. Let us begin to change our course."

"My friends, there seems to be some sort of commotion ahead of us - that could be innocent lives at stake - and I will request your assistance in the rescue or investigation of whatever it may be, for I am already committed to the task in the name of Sarenrae! Hyah!"

With such agile grace, and the air seeming to not bother her at all still, she hangs close, and Ansrithar dives hard in order to gain more momentum and speed towards the smoke column.


Male Human Battle Herald 11

Damian sighs at the impetuous nature of the elven dragonrider. They are on a mission, which means that they must head towards the objective at all times. Especially on a mission such as this, they do not have time to defend every town from every siege, as much as that pains Damian. There is nothing more important than the mission.

Nothing except making sure one's comrades are not alone when they rush foolishly into battle.

Damian spins Keythan around to follow Sylsalitae. "We have a mission to fulfill! The world itself is at stake!"


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

Lin watched the smaller white dragon and his rider break formation heading towards the far columns of smoke, this happened around the same time that Sir Damian raised his shield and turned towards the butte. Her chest rumbled as she boiled with annoyance, as she was about to give voice to her thoughts Min cut her off before she could get carried away.

"Huiliilipoihu ziniedr niebabairaity chemydr drunlii Chunra... Drniian ziunchch tyy emy drniian myii wundr, undr liedrdrihumy raydr ziniedr zii myean. Chidr onmy chiefii drniili poi."

Lin rolls her great eyes as she watches them leave, her chest rumbles as she responds quietly. "Yni Un myniechch, drnii drihulimy ehui myidr poidrziiira onmy. Un eli liyhui styrastihuraity epoyondr ziniy unmy estdronechchan chietyunrak onmy..."

Draconic:

"Remember what happened last time Lin... They will do as they see fit, it matters not what we say. Let us leave them be."

"Oh I shall, the terms are set between us. I am more concerned about who is actually leading us..."

Min nods in agreement with her as he frowns at Syl's diminishing figure as that strange pair race towards the distant smoke. He sighs heavily, as Lin and him slowly change course to follow, he hoped this wouldn't be a costly mistake. Because once they went beyond this butte, they would be past the point of no return and their comrades would suffer.

Lin regarded him with one of her large eyes as he sighed, she winked at him as she said "I do this for you, you know..."

Min quirked an eyebrow at her as he read the bond clear as day. "Oh, I thought you were doing it for the Elk you were just thinking about"

She rumbles with laughter at being found out, "Oh... Yes, Er... Elk woooould be nice too~"

Min laughs as he calls to Sir Damian, "What say you about this situation we have? Shall we continue after them, lest they fly alone into peril?"

Edit:

Min and Lin try to keep up with sir Damian as he rapidly changes course and follows after Syl.


Fortitude save #1 vs. cold=1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Fortitude save #2 vs. cold=1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Fortitude save #3 vs. cold=1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Dolo sees the smoke and regrets the casualties of war. His heart aches for peace and the solace of a cozy library. Without accomplishing their mission, his want will never come to fruition. If the enemy gains any of the abominations, the powerful artifacts will surely be used to wreak wanton devastation and destruction that will make that smoking village look like a picnic.

Dolo utters a prayer to Iomedae to those lost in this senseless war.

As he sees Syl veer off and the others chase after her, Dolo scoffs and shakes his head. 'Dang young idealists.' he mutters as Glorfindel growls his assent.

Dolo continues on their original path, focusing on the butte as a place to rest. He casts Message to ensure he is heard as the others are soon separated from him. "I continue on to finish the mission, alone if need be. Should I fail due to the lack of aid, let Na-Celene and Na-Caladon know it was not for lack of trying. If you reconsider, I will be resting on the butte."


@Dolo: the butte has a small stand of hardy trees on top, perfect for some cover and providing dried twigs for firewood, but little else. There are a couple blueberry patches in and around the rocks and you can see some stones have been piled into a makeshift firepit, though the firepit does not appear to have been used for some time. Apparently you are not the first person to camp here. You see the clouds of the ruinstorm, but they are well north of you, and passing directly east-to-west. Even ruinstorms don't make 90-degree turns so you doubt you have much to fear from it. As you watch your companions fly into the sunset, towards the column of smoke, you can see that it will be a fine, clear, starry night. These two thoughts seem an odd juxtaposition. Taking stock of the rest of your surroundings, you see nothing else of any note.

What are you going to do? Any camp gear to set up? Doing a watch? Note that you really need a full night's rest, esp. after a day of fighting and riding.


Min, Syl, and Sir Damian: as you approach the column of smoke, you see the fire that is causing it. In the rapidly gathering dusk, you have time to make out a Black Dragonflight raid on a Bennaladi village. These people are just farmers, and have no weapons. You can see a man trying to stave off two orcs with a pitchfork. They easily knock the primitive weapon aside and begin to devour him alive. A troll, clad in plate armor, is knocking a house down when a small boy runs out. The troll kicks him, breaking his legs, then goes back to its business. There are dead everywhere; humans and half-elves. The black dragonflight soldiers are running amok, eating the dead and the wounded alike, laughing and cavorting. The only thing louder than the celebrating black dragonflight soldiers are the screams of pain from the villagers.
.

All of the buildings are on fire.

Sir Damian:
As a soldier, you can see that this is not a heavy unit; the enemy numbers no more than thirty, with minimal heavy support, just two armored trolls. There is a single hobgoblin, who you would assume is the commander, and the rest are just orc regulars. There is no way a platoon of this size and makeup would be roaming very far on its own. There must be a firebase nearby to support them; this is clearly just a shock patrol.


DM: I will set up my small tent and go inside to take a cold meal. I won't set a fire since I am alone. I cannot set a watch because Glorfindel can't exist while I sleep. I will try to hide the tent under a tree to gain as much stealth as I can and set out at first light.

Stealth check=1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

EDIT: I will keep Glorfindel summoned and on watch while I set up the tent and take my meal. I will also keep him standing guard while I pray fervently to Iomedae.

Prayer to Iomedae in Celestial, the language of the heavens:
Oh heavenly Protector, hear my call. I pray to you for guidance. I did not travel with the others as I am compelled to heed to the mission set forth by our benefactor, Na-Caladon. We are to stop the enemy from using the abominations of Marianasu. Should they use the Snowglobe any more, an ice age will descend upon the world. Tens of thousands could die if that occurs. We have witnessed them using it and know that time is of the essence. I am no coward. You know my heart and my mind and know that to be true. I seek only to serve the greater good. The needs of the many outweight the needs of the few. Inheritor, I implore your wisdom. Please give me a sign to know that I am doing the right thing. I fear not for myself but for your needs. Guide me Glory Star.


Dolo Luckbender wrote:
DM: I will set up my small tent and go inside to take a cold meal. I won't set a fire since I am alone. I cannot set a watch because Glorfindel can't exist while I sleep. I will try to hide the tent under a tree to gain as much stealth as I can and set out at first light.

Give me a Stealth check, please.


Male Human Battle Herald 11

Damian directs Keythan into a diving arc, ready to pull out of it only a few feet from the ground. He shouts orders to the others. "Dragonriders, strafe the orcs with your breath weapons, then focus on the trolls! Try to pull them away from the civilians! Belsarious, we need some visual cover. If necessary, fly through the smoke to maximize your surprise and mask your approach. On my mark: CHARGE!"

Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

DM:

I think with Cold Resist 5 Min didn't receive any damage earlier but~ lets stick with what you wrote anyway because it is awesome >=) and also I've been working in -40 F* below there are times when you come in and you are friggen cold and your skin is white but no frostbite. Its weird but it happens lol =)

HP totals: Min 44/44, Lindórievórea 58/63
Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Focus: Full Round Action: Done
AC Min: 20 AC Lin: 22 (26~ If casting shield was possible)

Min's grip on his bow is white knuckled and his rage is twinned only by Lin's as the pair look upon the scene below. As Damian's command echo's in their ears they follow his words in perfect unison, Min casts shield upon Lin as she begins to dive. These Black Dragonflight soldiers would pay dearly for this and none would leave here alive. Lin flies gracefully and silently as she angles downward, bringing the pair straight into the smoke. Just as they break through the smoke, in a great swirling burst of grey and silver scales Lin angles her powerful head trying to catch a clump of the enemy in her icy breath.

If we get a surprise round~:

Lin arches her breath to catch as many of the enemy as possible, she tries to avoid the innocent if she can but if they are not able to be saved, she grants them the mercy of a quick death.

Breath Weapon Cone of Cold 30ft3d8 ⇒ (7, 1, 6) = 14 Reflex DC 15 for half [/ooc]


You guys will definitely get a surprise round.
Enemy initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Syl's initiative:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Okay; surprise round. Syl is first, then Damian then Min. Bad guys act after that.
You know the regular Black Dragon orcs are at AC18 and 15HP.
You don't know anything about the Trolls or Hobgoblins, though.
There are 30 Orcs, 1 Hobgoblin and 2 Trolls.

As you are flying in, it appears the orcs can't tell that you aren't on their side. They just see Ansrithar's white scales and a couple other flying beasts and assume you're here for a meal, yelling and jeering and egging you on. "Heeyyy! you're late! Hahahaaa! There's good eats here, and good sport! Dive in!"

Syl, you are up!


DM Roll:

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20


Female Dragonrider 4/ Paladin of Sarenrae 3

Sorry about my lack of posting, lately. I've been dogged still, and now I'm finally balancing out. Here goes nothing.

Sylsalitae takes no pleasure in her deeds. It is with a grim face, and her blade drawn, that she decides she needs to make this personal, and will leave her mark on their military force, one way or another. She draws out her lance, and holds it aloft as they close in on this, and when she hears them call 'dive in', it is too tempting to pass up.

Syl whispers to Ansrithar, "Let's give them what they want. Do a pass and then join me later - I will show them to burn innocents for toys."

As you wish. I hope you know what you're getting into.

With all of her wisdom and all of her years, she performs the most foolish move she has done in quite some time - she drops her advantage and moves to fight on fair ground. But the way she performs this is what is most amazing.

Hero Point - I need to make this happen.

Syl stands up from her saddle, and holds it aloft. She cries out into the bitter sky, "For Sarenrae, and all of the people you have murdered! Repent, and face your sins in the next life!" She finds this still distasteful, but as Ansrithar moves forward over the horde, she aims for the lone hobgoblin, and figures him to be in charge. With lance in hand, she dives off the back of her white dragon, and arcs her lance into an impaling point at the goblin's chest. From here, if successful, she will draw forth her scimitar after rebounding, and landing firmly on her feet.

What rolls would you like? Since this is an 'insane' action, per the rules, I need to know what you'd like me to do to try for this!


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

I'm seeing at least a fly check followed by an acrobatics check + attack roll and um.... er.... lots of luck bud! ^^; Or would this go under a combat maneuver? lol This is going to be interesting o.o;


It's all good, you've still been posting daily, no worries. :-)

For your activity - this is an awesome use of a hero point! Give me a fly check for the flight maneuver, a strike roll to hit with your lance, and an acrobatics check to land on your feet.


Male Elf Witch 5 / Ranger 1/ Eldritch Knight 5

"Villians!"

"I summon a swarm the followers of arachra to attack the one in plate."

Spoiler:

Summon swarm selecting spiders

edit
Initiative
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Male DraRid 9 - HP 66/66 AC 23, T 14, Flat 19 - F+7 R+10 W+6 Init +4; Senses: Superior Low-Light Vision (X4), Darkvision 60ft; Per +14

Don't forget your Ini roll Belsarious >=D and I want to see some spidery action lol. Good Luck Syl!

Edit: Lol why is it in every pbp i'm always close to dead last on ini checks ;) oh well save the best for last j/k :P


Female Dragonrider 4/ Paladin of Sarenrae 3

Right then. Let's see how this works...

Fly Check 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Attack Roll 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Acrobatics Check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Well. Looks like I failed to get what I wanted done.


Sylsalitae Dwinghymnaear wrote:

Right then. Let's see how this works...

Fly Check 1d20+11
Attack Roll 1d20+11
Acrobatics Check 1d20+2

Well. Looks like I failed to get what I wanted done.

Give me a DC10 Reflex save for the critical fumble, please. But at least you don't get hurt! :-)


Female Dragonrider 4/ Paladin of Sarenrae 3

Reflexes! 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29


Male Human Battle Herald 11

Ride 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

Swooping out of the column of smoke, Damian directs Keythan into a parabolic charge. The air cavalry rarely comes to the ground, but such a matchup rarely turns out well for the one on the ground.

Damian Charge 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (12) + 20 = 32
Ride 3d8 + 48 + 18 ⇒ (5, 2, 1) + 48 + 18 = 74

With Min's lance pointed forward at his foes, Damian aims directly for the closest troll. With a quiet warning to Brook and an even quieter prayer to the Inheritor, Damian spurs the griffon inwards. As he nears the monster, he utters a sworn challenge to it. "Beast, you will die today!" The blow connects with thunderous power, puncturing a hole clean through the troll. Blood flies in all directions as Damian follows through the charge, ripping the lance free via the troll's back.

Keythan Charging Bite 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Keythan Charging Claw 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Keythan Charging Claw 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Damage 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

As they pass, Keythan does his part, clawing at the troll before passing in a flash. They gain as much distance as possible before turning around to take a look at their deadly blows. Brook lets out a nervous, excited holler at their first successful charge as knight and squire.


Sylsalvitae streaks out of the sky, heading for the hobgoblin that appears to be giving orders. Her lance is ready, but at the last second some fluke wind, resulting no doubt from the dancing flames around, push the point of the lance wide, causing Syl to miss completely. Already diving off Ansrithar's back, she lands with perfect, elven grace on the ground a short distance from the enemy platoon leader, just 20' away. Not realizing how close he had been to death just seconds ago, the hobgoblin grins terribly as he eyes the golden-haired princess with gluttonous glee. Drawing his shortsword, he yells loudly in common at some nearby orcs. "You lot! Follow me! Let's show this elven slut that we don't discriminate when it comes to dinner." Leering back at Syl, he taunts her; "That's right girly, elves are delicious, too!" The hobgoblin and four orcs home in on Sylsalvitae, their piggy eyes gleaming eagerly and their swords ready.

DM Roll:
Reflex save:1d20 ⇒ 17
Orcs group 1: 1d8 ⇒ 4
Orcs group 2: 1d8 ⇒ 7

Meanwhile, a frigid blast of Lindórievórea's breath raises shrieks from four orcs off to one side of the village. Two of them that were already wounded by some farmer's desperate swing fall dead, but the others are able to twist away from the cone of cold, and eye the dragonrider balefully.

Startled oaths and yelling can be heard from another seven orcs around the village as Belsarious' spiders swarm up out of the ground and begin biting other orcs stand off to the side laughing at the misfortune of their erstwhile companions.

Lastly, the Troll that Sir Damian hit lets out a tremendous roar that quickly changes to a meek, dying mewl as the thick-hided beast falls dead to the dirt. Its regeneration healed some of the minor wounds but the massive trauma of its own lung exiting out its back was too much.

Round 1 Initiative 21
Enemy status:
2 orcs dead because of Lin
2 orcs at 7/15 hp because of Lin
7/28 orcs flat-footed due to spiders
1 troll alive
1 hobgoblin attacking Syl
Hobgoblin attack: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 = 16
Four orcs attack: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 2 = 17
1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 2 = 20
1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 2 = 26
1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
All are now at -2AC for Charge

The enemies Charge at Syl, swinging their swords wildly. However as she is no simple farmer, easily frightened by clumsy oafs such as this, their attacks do not intimidate the northern dragonrider, and she easily dances around most of the swirling blades aimed at her. Only one orc lands a lucky blow, slicing the athletic elve's alabaster skin, her blood standing in stark contrast to her white raiments. The orc licks its lips and howls victoriously.

Syl, you are up.


@Dolo: as you are lying there in your tent, you suddenly hear the soft impact of feet hitting the dirt outside. The footfalls are nowhere near loud enough to be dragons, or a griffon. Peering cautiously out, you see a hunting party of Marrashi warriors, six on the butte and six more in the air for a total of twelve. They are looking around but do not seem to see you.

DC20 linguistics:
In Auran, one says "This place hasn't been used for months. No campfire, nothing. If they were here we'd see them. Search the trees and let's move on, they have to have stopped someplace." You recognize this Marrash as the one you first blinded with glitterdust, the only one that you and your companions did not kill. The other Marrashi nod in agreemeent.

After the lead Marrash speaks, the one you recognize as the only Marrash from this morning that got away; it still has your glitterdust in its fur, the rest of the Marrash start to search the butte. They still do not see you, but how long can your luck hold out?


Linguistics skill check=1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Dolo scrambles to think of a plan. He can't understand their language but knows their presence bodes ill. There is no way he can defeat a contingent of Marrashi warriors alone. Glorfindel has been sent back to the planes and it would take too long to bring him back.

With a solemn nod, Dolo thinks to himself, 'Not the sign I was looking for Iomedae.'

As quietly as possible, Dolo collapses the tent so that it is not easily seen. He then attempts to turn invisible so as to escape attention.


Dolo: give me a Faith check (d20+CHA bonus) and a Stealth check, please.


Faith Check=1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Stealth check=1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

NOTE: Stealth does not include invisibility bonus

401 to 450 of 3,728 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Legacy of Marianasu - DM Downrightamazed All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.