The Heghland 1st - Only War (Inactive)

Game Master PhilOfCalth

A group of feudal warriors brought together from every corner of a world almost completely untouched by the Imperium, hastily trained and recruited by the Imperial Guard.
Can they survive when faced with the horrors of the universe?


1,601 to 1,650 of 2,455 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>

Bookstore Proprietor Librarian Bard

Lets put one down Harmon. The pair fires at the closest Hellion

1d100 ⇒ 37 vs BS 58+single shot+aim+comrade=83-20=63 add 10 if close and I misremember.

3 degrees of success 1d10 + 3 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 5 = 16 [ooc] mighty shot accounts for the extra damage

Cort and Harmon drop prone to help provide cover

you fools!


Male

None of them are close range for you. Mighty shot adds 1/2 your BS bonus. So that's 13 pen 0
Dodge: 1d100 ⇒ 49 Dodged!


Bookstore Proprietor Librarian Bard

oops, damn really thought I did that right. Grrr i hate these things


Male Medic [Damage/Wounds 1/13 | Fate 1/1 | Insanity 1 | Initiative +3]

Wikvaya continues running with single-minded determination.


Male Weapon Specialist; Wounds: 1/12

Jermaie does the same.


Male Brawler WS 37, BS 34, S 41, T 50, Ag 32, Int 30, Per 26, WP 38, Fel 39, Wounds 16/16, FP 0/4

I am having trouble looking at the map right now for some reason, but from where Cormaeg is, he can shot at the area where they tried to nail the feeling group from?
I'd like to fire a volley of suppressing fire there if at all possible.


Male

Feeling group? You can suppressing fire the group at the lookout spot, any 1 of the Hellions or the same group that Garion pinned.

I'm not updating the map at the moment, because you're just running accross open ground. Also I lost the origional for the forrest map. SO... We'll finish this encounter in theatre of the mind.

When I run maps I put links up every turn


Male

Characters' Distance Over Open Ground (40m):
Narine - 14m (60m up)
Cormeg - 6m
Jermaie - 28m
Wikvaya - 28m
Garion - 28m


Male Brawler WS 37, BS 34, S 41, T 50, Ag 32, Int 30, Per 26, WP 38, Fel 39, Wounds 16/16, FP 0/4

Damnit, that was supposed to say "FLEEING" group. Anyway...

Cormaeg, noticing the heavy fire his comrades are under decides to change tactics.
Forgetting about the flying foe he had taken aim for, he instead swings his cannon around and sends a hail of bullets into the undergrowth, trying to take some pressure off the stretcher-bearers.

Suppressing fire at the lookout foes(BS 44-50): 1d100 ⇒ 1

Oh! The HUMANITY! To waste such a roll on something I could not succeed at!


Male

a 1 is a hit!
Dodge: 1d100 ⇒ 12
Cormaeg strafes the xenos position with fire concentrating on one of the shadows he can see more clearly, but the xenos is too fast darting out of the way. Instead Cormaeg's rounds only succeed in putting one of the Dominate soldiers out of his misery.


Male Brawler WS 37, BS 34, S 41, T 50, Ag 32, Int 30, Per 26, WP 38, Fel 39, Wounds 16/16, FP 0/4

Haha, so it is, but the bastard dodged, so in a way it's even worse. Ah well.
It was a fine lucky shot, a fine shot...
And if it keeps their heads down next round it will have been worth it.


Male

Pinning: 2d100 ⇒ (83, 80) = 163 Yes they will definatly be pinned for next round


Male Brawler WS 37, BS 34, S 41, T 50, Ag 32, Int 30, Per 26, WP 38, Fel 39, Wounds 16/16, FP 0/4

An autocannon is probably straped to the body, so it would not be possible to just drop it and then have my comrade carry it I suspect, I'd have to use a ready action instead of a free action to just release it?


Male

RAW a ready action covers holstering your existing weapon. So if you wanted to ready your bolter that would cost you a half action and would leave your autocannon "holstered". You can drop a weapon as a free action yes. What are you trying to achieve?


Male Brawler WS 37, BS 34, S 41, T 50, Ag 32, Int 30, Per 26, WP 38, Fel 39, Wounds 16/16, FP 0/4

Well, I have quick draw, wich means I could draw the bolter as a free action, but since the autocannon is a heavy weapon I could not do that in combination.
If I drop the autocannon it becomes two free actions instead.
I was trying to be all tactical, but I think I'm overthinking things and making them needlessly complicated for myself as it is.


Male

Don't worry about autocannon until you need to ready it. Assume it's on a strap attached to you and you just let it swing.

Liberty's Edge

Male Male human Operator/Medic Wounds 11 Fate 1

phil:
wasn't trying to start it wanted to make it a target. Same with myself.

Erick yells Cort your aim had better be true. Come on im over here you freaking waste of skin. The Emperor protects me and you cant touch me you wretched pissants.

Jumps up and down I. The light to attract attention while yelling getting ready to fire. His back to the lights so they dont blind him.

Guys get to cover. I think im gonna need a new character lol. Cort if you can snipe them as they come for me.


Male

Eirik:
You cannot win this fight. You can outrun most of the xenos in your APC and you can suppress the rest with combined firepower from the entire squad. If you stay here people will start dieing. Easy targets standing out in the open first!

To add insult to injury the only Xenos that can currently see you are the ones that Cormaeg suppressed and the one that cort fired at (read enraged)


Male

Waiting for garion


Male Human Commissar-Wounds 13/13-Fatigue//Healing Leg

Crap, sorry, did not realize I was up!

Garion again attempts to suppress the enemy in the woods!

1d100 ⇒ 88

Shouting out a prayer to the Emperor, bolts again fly through the foliage!


Male

*Hidden dice for pinning*

The creature that just released Narine, cuts the engine on his board, allowing himself to free fall for a momentOperate: 1d100 ⇒ 51 he spins the board around mid air before starting it's engines again and opening fire on the hated human that fired at him (Cort) with a torrent of fire meant more to pin the enemy rather than kill him
Suppressing fire: 1d100 ⇒ 96 -20 pinning test for Cort please

The two other xenos on boards turn back around with a good view on the open ground. The heavy thump of the Auto-cannon attracts their attentions
BS: 2d100 ⇒ (18, 91) = 109 18 will hit twice
Damage 1: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Damage 1: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 I take it you'll soak both of those

Although pinned 1 of the xenos takes a pot shot at Eirik.
BS: 1d100 ⇒ 58 the dart zips through the air by Eirik's ear.

Unjamming Rifle: 1d100 ⇒ 15 Success!
Unpinning by lookout: 2d100 ⇒ (80, 76) = 156
*unpinning in the woods hidden dice*

OK Turn 4 is up.
Wikvaya, Jermaie and garion should be able to make it to the cliffs this turn. Climbing down is the same rules as before. Athletics test or you move at 1/3 speed


Male

Narine's fall reaches terminal velocity just be for she hit the ground between Cormaeg and the group with the stretcher. She landed with an audable crunch and does not move.

Cormaeg, Jermaie, Garion, Cort or Wikvaya - Unless you have jaded, I need you to take a +10 fear test. If you fail you can exchange your result on the shock table for the need to run for the APC. You'll also gain insanity equals your degrees of failure


Bookstore Proprietor Librarian Bard

So no one is going to catch that poor girl lol


Bookstore Proprietor Librarian Bard

1d100 ⇒ 19 not pinned

1d100 ⇒ 17 and no afraid!

Lets return the favor Harmon

1d100 ⇒ 41 vs 58+10+10+5-20 63

3 degrees of success as Cort fires his lasgun and the flying jerk off

1d10 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 3 = 8 (9 damage due to degrees of success)


Male

trying to catch her would prob have killed anyone under her as well!


Male

Xenos Dodge: 1d100 ⇒ 32 Dodged!

Is Cort not going to run out into open ground to scrape what's left of Narine up off the ground


Male Brawler WS 37, BS 34, S 41, T 50, Ag 32, Int 30, Per 26, WP 38, Fel 39, Wounds 16/16, FP 0/4

Fear test (Wp 30, +10 difficulty, +10 resistance): 1d100 ⇒ 53

Cormaeg, overcome with fear at the hideous death of the poor woman turns and runs towards the APC.

First insanity, but probably only the first of many hah!


Bookstore Proprietor Librarian Bard

nah, not Corts, comrade!

Would you morons hurry up!


Male Medic [Damage/Wounds 1/13 | Fate 1/1 | Insanity 1 | Initiative +3]

Wikvaya continues running until he reaches the cliffs, ignoring the familiar sound of the crunch of bone.

Wikvaya has Jaded. Anyone have an idea on how to get Garion down the cliffs? Aside from dumping him down, that is. If no one has any better ideas, next turn we'll be climbing down. Not sure if I should roll early or not, but here you go:

Athletics {33 = 33 agi}: 1d100 ⇒ 90

Eenope.


Male Weapon Specialist; Wounds: 1/12

Fear; WP:25+10(resistance)=35: 1d100 ⇒ 7

Phew! Taking into account that's my comrade lying there, this would have been a terrible situation for Jermaie.

Jermaie sees Narine's flailing corpse as she crashes through the air and strikes the ground. He feels almost light headed at the sight. "I fought with her all the way from Heghland. I believed in her. I loved her like a sister. Now she's..."

Jermaie turns his head away, still running towards the cliffs, tears in his eyes. "No, you're in a right mess, but focus on the livin'. 'Der all that matters now."

Edit: I'll just roll athletics too, just in case.

Athletics; Agility=40: 1d100 ⇒ 13


Male

You'll just have to move at the speed of the slowest member of the stretcher team

Athletics is based on strength, not that it would change those results


Male Human Commissar-Wounds 13/13-Fatigue//Healing Leg

Willpower 35+10=45: 1d100 ⇒ 35

Though saddened by the loss of one of his squadmates and fellow warriors of the Emperor, Garion steels his heart and focuses on his training.

Only in Death does Duty end.

With that somber phrase, Garion focuses again upon the battle.


Unnamed

dm are they going down the cliff that I am at the top of?


Male

Yes they are

Waiting on Eirik

Distance Accross open Ground (40m):
Cormaeg: 24m

Distance from APC:
Corxmaeg: 44m
Eirik: 62m
Cort: 20m
Wikivaya: 18m
Jermaie: 18m
Garion: 18m


Male

Right I'll post for Eirik if he hasn't posted by tomorrow morning.


out of curiosity GM, when is morning for you?


Male

I get up at about 8am but my first post is generally about 10am. I'm in GMT. I hope that answers your question.


Male Human Commissar-Wounds 13/13-Fatigue//Healing Leg

Kinda. Im in Eastern Standard, in the States. Im always curious about the difference in times and such.


Male

OK for Eirik's turn I'm going to flip for iwhat he does. 1 - He continues to make a target out of himself. 2 - He uses as much cover as posible to get back to the working vehilce Coin Flip: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Eirik thinking better of standing in the open being shot at full runs to the boulder where they previously hid the frag grenades. Hunkering down for a moment before his next burst

The creature that Cort shot at roars in fustration, streaking an almost vertical path towards the guardsman and spraying him and all those around him with another burst of fire
Suppressing Fire: 1d100 ⇒ 95 Cort, Jermaie, Wikvaya and Garion need to take pinning tests at -20 please

The two other flying xenos track Cormaeg as he begins to run
BS: 2d100 ⇒ (62, 23) = 85 2 hits to the body and leg
Damage Body: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 Pen 3
Crit: 1d5 ⇒ 3 One of the impacts breaks a rib, knocking cormeg prone and stunning him for a round
Damage Leg: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 Pen 3
Cormeg needs to pass a toughness test or take another 1d10 wounds with no soak allowed from the poisons. That's all asuming he doesn't dodge

Both of the xenos at the lookout post take pot shots at cort
BS tests: 2d100 ⇒ (88, 69) = 157 but they both fly wide
Unpinning at the lookout post: 2d100 ⇒ (5, 22) = 27

A single shadow moves up into the camp in the distance and takes a shot at Cort also
BS: 1d100 ⇒ 37 1 hit to the chest
Damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 Pen 3
Crit: 1d5 ⇒ 3 The impact breaks one of Cort's ribs and stuns him for 1 round
Likewise if you don't dodge you'll need to take a toughness test like Cormeg

*Unpinning in the forrest hidden dice*

Notes on LoS: Jermaie, Wikvaya and garion can only see the xenos that pinned them. Eirik can see no-one, friend or foe. Cort and Cormaeg can see all xenos described above

Turn 5 is up


Male Weapon Specialist; Wounds: 1/12

Pinning; WP:25-20=5: 1d100 ⇒ 2 This ain't gonna go well.

Hol-e sheet. Yeah, Jermaie's buckling down.

Waiting to see if Wikvaya's pinned before I do anything.


Bookstore Proprietor Librarian Bard

that is not nice at all dm

1d100 ⇒ 93 pinned
using a fate point reroll
1d100 ⇒ 11 not pinned!!


Bookstore Proprietor Librarian Bard

Cort shoots some unintelligible swears, which draws the attack of the other xenos

1d100 ⇒ 51 Dodged the shot since my dodge is +10

Then cort and Harmon return fire at which ever one is closest.
1d100 ⇒ 49 two degrees of success

1d10 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 3 = 13


Male

Dodge: 1d100 ⇒ 98 The las-round catches the rapidly aproaching xenos in the arm, elisiting a stream of angry noises in an unintelagable language.


Bookstore Proprietor Librarian Bard

hahahahaha now I can run


Male Brawler WS 37, BS 34, S 41, T 50, Ag 32, Int 30, Per 26, WP 38, Fel 39, Wounds 16/16, FP 0/4

Dodge (Ag 35, +10 skill): 1d100 ⇒ 45
Toughness vs Poison (Toughness 52):1d100 ⇒ 28

Twisting his body to avoid as much of the shrapnel flying, Cormaeg just manages to dodge a projectile so it instead ricochet of his breastplate, sadly, that leaves him open to a hit in the leg.

Ow! Not good, I can't take much more of this!

Panting heavily he feels sweat break out all over his brow as his body fights of another injection of the insidious toxin the foe is using.

Got to run!

Adrenaline pumping, Cormaeg does his best to continue towards the relative safety of the vehicle.

Liberty's Edge

Male Male human Operator/Medic Wounds 11 Fate 1

Sorry we are buried in snow and power/net has been spotty.


Male Human Commissar-Wounds 13/13-Fatigue//Healing Leg

Willpower 35-20: 1d100 ⇒ 89

Nerves of Steel reroll

1d100 ⇒ 92

In his weakened state Garion has no choice but to hunker down and endure the volley of fire as best he can.


Male Medic [Damage/Wounds 1/13 | Fate 1/1 | Insanity 1 | Initiative +3]

Willpower {13 = 33 WP - 20 modifier}: 1d100 ⇒ 52
I'm pinned!

Wikvaya hugs cover as much as he can when he's carrying his part of Garion's stretcher.


Male

I'm going to rule that if you're pinned you don't need an athletics test to get down the hill. You're going slow enough

Cormeg is now 2m down the hill. He'll need to start making athletics tests or move at 1/3 pace

Distance from APC:
Cormaeg: 18m
Eirik: 50m
Cort: 20m
Wikivaya: 15m
Jermaie: 15m
Garion: 15m

Waiting on Eirik


Male

I'll give Eirik until tomorrow morning

1,601 to 1,650 of 2,455 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Heghland 1st [Only War - PbP - IC] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.