The Emerald Spire

Game Master Stormstrider

BATTLE GRID

Links to all current Character in-game Races and Classes:


5,501 to 5,514 of 5,514 << first < prev | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | next > last >>

Battle Grid ***** Treasure Chart ***** Emerald Spire Skills

Kind of waiting on Ilya here to see if he wants to say anything else or tell the party what the Pech just said?


Low Light Vision. Perception +12. Spd 30. Male Elf Evoker 6. AC 15 / T 13 / FF 13. HP 31/31. Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7; +2 vs enchantment CMB +2; CMD 14. Force Missiles (1d4+3; range 150, 8/9 remaining).

Terran: "Great Master? Is that a deity or another mortal person? And would you mind if we open that satchel and remove whomever is inside? We have a small thing about kidnapping and potentially entombing living people."

Common: "He speaks about a Great Master, I am not sure about who or what that is. Hopefully he will allow us to open the bag, but prepare yourself for combat should he take offense."

Assuming the pech does not mind the party opening the bag, Ilyanaro steps back and gestures for Uriel or Lonam to open it.

Silver Crusade

Male Suli (Mostly Human) | LG Paladin of Iomedae 6 (Tempered Champion), Order of the Sunrise Sword (Mendev) | Speed 20 | Initiative+4 | Perception+5 | Diplomacy+13 | Sense Motive+6 | Lay on Hands [7/8] | Divine Bond (1/1) | Detect Evil (at will) | AC: 25 (Tch 14, FF 22, Armor+7, Shield+3, Dex+3, Def+1, NA+1) | Fort+13, Reflex+12, Will+11, Immune to Fear & Disease, Resist Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire 5 | CMD: 26 (BAB+6, Str+5, Dex+4, Def+1) | Hp: 65 [56/65] [10+5d10 (38)+Con (12)+FC (5)] | Melee +11/+6 1-H Longsword 1d8+12, +11/+6 Dagger 1d4+5, Ranged +10 Javelin 1d6+5 | CMB: +11/+12 w/longsword | Smite Evil [1/2] | Elemental Assault [1/1] | Character Sheet

Uriel puts away his shield and starts moving towards the Pech's bag at Ilyarano's direction.


Battle Grid ***** Treasure Chart ***** Emerald Spire Skills

Pech, Terran: "The Great Master was the Maker of the Spire. Long ago Gundrun’s people served the Masters. Now we serve again!" And as he says this he takes hold of the sack & continues, "Have the sack!" as he tosses it into the air in the group's direction.

As the sack flies up in the air two hideous avian creatures burst forth from the sack! They have the body of an emaciated rooster, the wings of a bat, and a long, scaly tail. Small sized.

INITIATIVES!:

Boudacia Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Ilyanaro Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Lonam Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Uriel Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Blue avian Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Red avian Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Pech Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Double-checking: According to my notes I have Lonam at 38 of 47 HP, & Uriel at 56 of 65 HP, with everyone else at full. Sound correct?

CURRENT INITIATIVE:

Top of the round.

Block 1:
Red bird

Followed by:

Block 2:
Boudacia {37 of 37 HP}, Lonam {38 of 47 HP}, & Ilyanaro {31 of 31 HP}

Block 3:
Blue bird

Block 4:
Uriel {56 of 65 HP}

Block 5:
Pech

***************************************************************************

The red-tinged bird flies right at ...

1 Ilya, 2 Uriel: 1d2 ⇒ 1 Ilya!

and tries to bite him.

Bite: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

It bites into Ilya's arm ...

Damage?: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0

but is unable to actually pierce the skin.

***************************************************************************

CURRENT INITIATIVE:

Block 2:
Boudacia {37 of 37 HP}, Lonam {38 of 47 HP}, & Ilyanaro {31 of 31 HP}

Followed by:

Block 3:
Blue bird

Block 4:
Uriel {56 of 65 HP}

Block 5:
Pech


Low Light Vision. Perception +12. Spd 30. Male Elf Evoker 6. AC 15 / T 13 / FF 13. HP 31/31. Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7; +2 vs enchantment CMB +2; CMD 14. Force Missiles (1d4+3; range 150, 8/9 remaining).

Ilyanaro steps 5' to the NW while bringing his arms back in a circular motion. He completes the gesture with his hands together and spread out in a push, fingers spread wide. A gout of flame shoots forth and covers both flying creatures and the pech, bathing them in light and flame briefly.

Burning Hands Damage: 5d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4, 1, 3, 4) + 3 = 18 fire, DC 19 Reflex save for half

"Well, he is clearly hostile now. I think it is safe to assume we will get no further information from conversation here."


Female Werebat-kin Skinwalker (Bloodmarked) CN Witch 6 | HP 43/43 (6d6+18+6FC) | Defence AC 17 (Touch 13 Flat Footed 14) [/ooc] | CMB: 2, CMD: 15/11 |FL F: +3, R: +4, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4/+6, SM: +0/+2 | Speed 30ft | Hexes Slumber - DC:19, Misfortune DC 19, | Spells: lvl0- 4 1st 5 2nd 4 3rd 2| Active conditions: None.

Seeing the tactical sense of Ilyanaro's action, Boudacia moves two squares towards ilynaro and then unleashes burning hands spell of her own. The spell is placed the same as Ilyanaro's but one square towards Uriel, i.e. starting immediately in front of Boudacia rther than Ilyanaro.

Burning Hands Damage: 5d4 ⇒ (3, 3, 4, 1, 1) = 12 DC 19 Reflex save for half


Male Aasimar CG Cleric 6 | HP 47/47 (6d8+2) | Defense AC 18 (Touch 12 Flat Footed 16) | CMB: 4, CMD: 16 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | Domain: Healing | Mercy: Sickened | Spells lvl: 0- 4 1st 4 2nd 4 4th 3 ( and 1 each level for domain) ; Cure Moderate 1/1 | Channel Positive 0/8; | Spell Penetration - d20+5 | Melee +4; Morningstar 1d8; dagger 1d4; Brass Knuckles 1d3 | Ranged +5; Sling 1d4; Dagger 1d4 | Character Sheet

(( I have not been paying attention to the damage we've received without healing, it's been a while so I will accept you have correct numbers.))

Lonam will attack the red avian creature with his sling.

Sling attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
bullet damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1


Battle Grid ***** Treasure Chart ***** Emerald Spire Skills

Red bird Ref vrs Ilya's fire: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 (Pass = half)
Blue bird Ref vrs Ilya's fire: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Ilya's Spell resistance check vrs Pech: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16 (Pass)

Pech's Ref vrs Ilya's fire: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

The bird's and the Pech all start screeching/screaming as the fire burns them!

Red bird = 9 damage, Blue 18, Pech 18

Red bird Ref vrs Boudacia's fire: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Blue bird Ref vrs Boudacia's fire: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Boudacia's Spell resistance check vrs Pech: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 (Pass)

Pech's Ref vrs Boudacia's fire: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

They all continue screaming as they burn further ...

Red bird = 18 damage - Dead, Blue 18 - Dead, Pech 18 - Dead

and then the screeching/screaming slowly dies away as they all drop dead to the ground!

Combat over! - That was quick & easy!

Searching through the remains of the burnt carcasses you find what's left of a pouch on the Pech. It contains six beryls and garnets (worth 50 gp each), three amethysts (worth 100 gp each), 25 pp, and 50 gp.

Silver Crusade

Male Suli (Mostly Human) | LG Paladin of Iomedae 6 (Tempered Champion), Order of the Sunrise Sword (Mendev) | Speed 20 | Initiative+4 | Perception+5 | Diplomacy+13 | Sense Motive+6 | Lay on Hands [7/8] | Divine Bond (1/1) | Detect Evil (at will) | AC: 25 (Tch 14, FF 22, Armor+7, Shield+3, Dex+3, Def+1, NA+1) | Fort+13, Reflex+12, Will+11, Immune to Fear & Disease, Resist Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire 5 | CMD: 26 (BAB+6, Str+5, Dex+4, Def+1) | Hp: 65 [56/65] [10+5d10 (38)+Con (12)+FC (5)] | Melee +11/+6 1-H Longsword 1d8+12, +11/+6 Dagger 1d4+5, Ranged +10 Javelin 1d6+5 | CMB: +11/+12 w/longsword | Smite Evil [1/2] | Elemental Assault [1/1] | Character Sheet

”And I thought I could bring the cleansing fire...” mumbles Uriel under his breath.

After the searching and gathering the loot, he says, ”Well, I suppose that just leaves the stairs up i we found earlier, unless we want to move more levers.”


Low Light Vision. Perception +12. Spd 30. Male Elf Evoker 6. AC 15 / T 13 / FF 13. HP 31/31. Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7; +2 vs enchantment CMB +2; CMD 14. Force Missiles (1d4+3; range 150, 8/9 remaining).

"The best part of your fire is the sustainability, Uriel. Where you can swing that blade a hundred times or more without tiring, that was my sole burning hands spell for the day. I imagine Boudacia is similarly prepared, though I may be wrong. When it works, my evocation is quite...satisfying, I must admit. And I am glad this evil pech and his avian pets are no more. One less threat to the outside world makes for a safer place altogether."

Ilyanaro gives a glance over the treasure with detect magic, then takes up his place to retrace their steps.

"Perhaps we retrieve our found madman, then return with him? That is, unless we feel a strong desire to continue on into the tower."

Silver Crusade

Male Suli (Mostly Human) | LG Paladin of Iomedae 6 (Tempered Champion), Order of the Sunrise Sword (Mendev) | Speed 20 | Initiative+4 | Perception+5 | Diplomacy+13 | Sense Motive+6 | Lay on Hands [7/8] | Divine Bond (1/1) | Detect Evil (at will) | AC: 25 (Tch 14, FF 22, Armor+7, Shield+3, Dex+3, Def+1, NA+1) | Fort+13, Reflex+12, Will+11, Immune to Fear & Disease, Resist Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire 5 | CMD: 26 (BAB+6, Str+5, Dex+4, Def+1) | Hp: 65 [56/65] [10+5d10 (38)+Con (12)+FC (5)] | Melee +11/+6 1-H Longsword 1d8+12, +11/+6 Dagger 1d4+5, Ranged +10 Javelin 1d6+5 | CMB: +11/+12 w/longsword | Smite Evil [1/2] | Elemental Assault [1/1] | Character Sheet

”That’s right, we came here by magic touching the spire. Those stairs up must just be to a level we already cleared...” thinks Uriel.

”Sounds good to me, Ilyanaro,” says Uriel, ”I suppose the other wizard must be deeper in the levels below.”


Female Werebat-kin Skinwalker (Bloodmarked) CN Witch 6 | HP 43/43 (6d6+18+6FC) | Defence AC 17 (Touch 13 Flat Footed 14) [/ooc] | CMB: 2, CMD: 15/11 |FL F: +3, R: +4, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4/+6, SM: +0/+2 | Speed 30ft | Hexes Slumber - DC:19, Misfortune DC 19, | Spells: lvl0- 4 1st 5 2nd 4 3rd 2| Active conditions: None.

"I agree we should collect our long suffering wizard and return him to town. He has already suffered greatly. We can explore the next level on our return. Perhaps we will find the other wizard then."


Male Aasimar CG Cleric 6 | HP 47/47 (6d8+2) | Defense AC 18 (Touch 12 Flat Footed 16) | CMB: 4, CMD: 16 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | Domain: Healing | Mercy: Sickened | Spells lvl: 0- 4 1st 4 2nd 4 4th 3 ( and 1 each level for domain) ; Cure Moderate 1/1 | Channel Positive 0/8; | Spell Penetration - d20+5 | Melee +4; Morningstar 1d8; dagger 1d4; Brass Knuckles 1d3 | Ranged +5; Sling 1d4; Dagger 1d4 | Character Sheet

Lonam nods in agreement, having nothing to add to the conversation.

Silver Crusade

Male Suli (Mostly Human) | LG Paladin of Iomedae 6 (Tempered Champion), Order of the Sunrise Sword (Mendev) | Speed 20 | Initiative+4 | Perception+5 | Diplomacy+13 | Sense Motive+6 | Lay on Hands [7/8] | Divine Bond (1/1) | Detect Evil (at will) | AC: 25 (Tch 14, FF 22, Armor+7, Shield+3, Dex+3, Def+1, NA+1) | Fort+13, Reflex+12, Will+11, Immune to Fear & Disease, Resist Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire 5 | CMD: 26 (BAB+6, Str+5, Dex+4, Def+1) | Hp: 65 [56/65] [10+5d10 (38)+Con (12)+FC (5)] | Melee +11/+6 1-H Longsword 1d8+12, +11/+6 Dagger 1d4+5, Ranged +10 Javelin 1d6+5 | CMB: +11/+12 w/longsword | Smite Evil [1/2] | Elemental Assault [1/1] | Character Sheet

Uriel goes with the others to collect the mage, then heads over to the spire for transport.

5,501 to 5,514 of 5,514 << first < prev | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Character Creation All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.