The Emerald Spire

Game Master Stormstrider

BATTLE GRID

Links to all current Character in-game Races and Classes:


5,101 to 5,150 of 5,514 << first < prev | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | next > last >>

Low Light Vision. Perception +12. Spd 30. Male Elf Evoker 6. AC 15 / T 13 / FF 13. HP 31/31. Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7; +2 vs enchantment CMB +2; CMD 14. Force Missiles (1d4+3; range 150, 8/9 remaining).

Ilyanaro moves north, then northwest, then north again, ending up next to the levers.

Once out of LoS, he casts vanish and hopes the enemy can't see invisible things all the time.


Battle Grid ***** Treasure Chart ***** Emerald Spire Skills

Ilya, I believe I have moved your icon according to your specifications. Could you please confirm if the new position works for you or not?

**************************************************************

CURRENT INITIATIVE:

Block 1: DIFFICULT TERRAIN Round 1 of ???????
Lonam {25 of 47 HP} & Ilyanaro {11 of 31 HP} (Already went)

Followed by:

Block 2:
Klarkosh & Blue Automaton (Dead)

Block 3: DIFFICULT TERRAIN Round 2 of ???????
Boudacia {17 of 37 HP} & Uriel {51 of 59 HP}

So, LONAM'S TURN!


Low Light Vision. Perception +12. Spd 30. Male Elf Evoker 6. AC 15 / T 13 / FF 13. HP 31/31. Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7; +2 vs enchantment CMB +2; CMD 14. Force Missiles (1d4+3; range 150, 8/9 remaining).

Spot on, GM. Currently invisible front rds


Male Aasimar CG Cleric 6 | HP 47/47 (6d8+2) | Defense AC 18 (Touch 12 Flat Footed 16) | CMB: 4, CMD: 16 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | Domain: Healing | Mercy: Sickened | Spells lvl: 0- 4 1st 4 2nd 4 4th 3 ( and 1 each level for domain) ; Cure Moderate 1/1 | Channel Positive 0/8; | Spell Penetration - d20+5 | Melee +4; Morningstar 1d8; dagger 1d4; Brass Knuckles 1d3 | Ranged +5; Sling 1d4; Dagger 1d4 | Character Sheet

Lonam will channel energy

Healing goodness: 5d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 2, 4, 1) = 15

((Sorry, 14 hour shift, a few hours sleep, then my granddaughter's 2nd birthday party, then a whole lot of sleep))

The Spiritual Weapon swings again!

to hit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
mighty damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Battle Grid ***** Treasure Chart ***** Emerald Spire Skills

The cleric Lonam does his job and everyone feels much better!

Apparently the Spiritual Weapon summoned by Lonam though, has a lack of a desire to hit or something like that, and misses again.

***************************************************************

Klarkosh once again casts another spell and suddenly a cloud of fog appears and no one within it can see more than 5 ft! Then you suddenly realize, this isn't just fog as all of you start to have trouble breathing! Stinking Cloud!

Fortitude Save Rolls:

Boudacia Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Wayne Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14
Ilyanaro Fortitude save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Lonam Fortitude save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Uriel Fortitude save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

All of you become nauseated and are unable to do anything other than take a single move action (Through DIFFICULT TERRAIN!) on your turn!

This is a friendly reminder from your DM: Some of you have not updated your information on the Skills Document and that is what I use to make your rolls for you, so if that info is wrong, that can cause problems with the rolls. I am NOT responsible for maintaining your information up to date. Also, some of you (Cough, cough, Boudacia, cough!) have still not updated your skills either - or if you did, you did not inform me of it.

CURRENT INITIATIVE:

Block 3: DIFFICULT TERRAIN Round 2 of ??????? & SINGLE MOVE ACTION ONLY!
Boudacia {32 of 37 HP} & Uriel {59 of 59 HP}

Followed by:

Top of the round.

Block 1: DIFFICULT TERRAIN Round 1 of ??????? & SINGLE MOVE ACTION ONLY!
Lonam {40 of 47 HP} & Ilyanaro {26 of 31 HP}

Block 2:
Klarkosh & Blue Automaton (Dead)

Block 3: DIFFICULT TERRAIN Round 2 of ??????? & SINGLE MOVE ACTION ONLY!
Boudacia {32 of 37 HP} & Uriel {59 of 59 HP}

Silver Crusade

Male Suli (Mostly Human) | LG Paladin of Iomedae 6 (Tempered Champion), Order of the Sunrise Sword (Mendev) | Speed 20 | Initiative+4 | Perception+5 | Diplomacy+13 | Sense Motive+6 | Lay on Hands [7/8] | Divine Bond (1/1) | Detect Evil (at will) | AC: 25 (Tch 14, FF 22, Armor+7, Shield+3, Dex+3, Def+1, NA+1) | Fort+13, Reflex+12, Will+11, Immune to Fear & Disease, Resist Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire 5 | CMD: 26 (BAB+6, Str+5, Dex+4, Def+1) | Hp: 65 [56/65] [10+5d10 (38)+Con (12)+FC (5)] | Melee +11/+6 1-H Longsword 1d8+12, +11/+6 Dagger 1d4+5, Ranged +10 Javelin 1d6+5 | CMB: +11/+12 w/longsword | Smite Evil [1/2] | Elemental Assault [1/1] | Character Sheet

Uriel grunts and sputters in the noxious cloud, staggering forward over the carcass of the automaton towards the source of evil (move action only, half speed = 10 feet).

He can just barely see thorough the edge of the cloud into the sleet storm (concealment and -4 perception, but still should be able to tell if Klarkosh is still there).


Battle Grid ***** Treasure Chart ***** Emerald Spire Skills

Boudacia feels quite sick for just a moment (The save DC was 18, so the corrected save just barely matches it!), but then manages to shake it off!

And yes, Uriel still sees Klarkosh standing there! (Have you really given him any reason to fear you or run away?)

CURRENT INITIATIVE:

Block 3: DIFFICULT TERRAIN Round 2 of ???????
Boudacia {32 of 37 HP} & Uriel {59 of 59 HP} (Already went.)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Werebat-kin Skinwalker (Bloodmarked) CN Witch 6 | HP 43/43 (6d6+18+6FC) | Defence AC 17 (Touch 13 Flat Footed 14) [/ooc] | CMB: 2, CMD: 15/11 |FL F: +3, R: +4, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4/+6, SM: +0/+2 | Speed 30ft | Hexes Slumber - DC:19, Misfortune DC 19, | Spells: lvl0- 4 1st 5 2nd 4 3rd 2| Active conditions: None.

Boudaica casts Dispel Magic, targeting the Stinking Cloud.

Dispel Magic, CL check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

If that does nothing, which I am pretty sure is the case, Boudacia then moves 10' backwards, through the secret door, leaving it open so that she can see Klarkosh.

If by some miracle I dispelled the Stinking Cloud I won't move.

It was a good idea. Honest. Pity about the die roll.


Battle Grid ***** Treasure Chart ***** Emerald Spire Skills

Boudacia's spell fails to get rid of the Stinking Cloud.

****************************************************************

There seems to be some question/confusion about new posting at the top of the round, so I'll try to clarify:
If all players (and any on-going effects) have taken their turn for the final block/end-of-the-round, etc., then I have no problem with players in the first block at the top of the round going ahead with their turns without having to wait for me to post something about it. As a matter of fact, I would encourage that. Again, as long as all players in the previous block have taken their turn.
That is the main reason that I specifically list "Top of the round." in the Initiative order.
If you have any questions feel free to ask!
I hope that clarifies that issue for everyone?

CURRENT INITIATIVE:

Top of the round.

Block 1:
Lonam {40 of 47 HP} & Ilyanaro {26 of 31 HP}
DIFFICULT TERRAIN Round 2 of ???????
STINKING CLOUD: Single-move-action ONLY Round 1 of ???????

Followed by:

Block 2:
Klarkosh & Blue Automaton (Dead)

Block 3:
Boudacia {32 of 37 HP} & Uriel {59 of 59 HP}
DIFFICULT TERRAIN Round 3 of ???????
STINKING CLOUD: Single-move-action ONLY (Except Boudacia!) Round 2 of ???????


Battle Grid ***** Treasure Chart ***** Emerald Spire Skills

By the way, the cyan template marks the area of the Ice Storm (Difficult Terrain) while the the 'greenish' template marks the area of the Stinking Cloud (=Nauseated, single-move action only), but keep in mind that once you leave the Stinking cloud you are still nauseated for 1d4 + 1 rounds after leaving the cloud!


Low Light Vision. Perception +12. Spd 30. Male Elf Evoker 6. AC 15 / T 13 / FF 13. HP 31/31. Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7; +2 vs enchantment CMB +2; CMD 14. Force Missiles (1d4+3; range 150, 8/9 remaining).

Gagging and spluttering, Ilyanaro stumbles through the cloud of gas as quietly as he can. As he exits the cloud he wipes his mouth and sets his gaze on the enemy wizard.

Move NE, E, NE, E, SE. Nauseated, Invisible (RD2/5), currently wielding lit quarterstaff. As I understand it, not directly visible with the light spell, but there is a non specific area of increased illumination in the radius of the spell.


Male Aasimar CG Cleric 6 | HP 47/47 (6d8+2) | Defense AC 18 (Touch 12 Flat Footed 16) | CMB: 4, CMD: 16 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | Domain: Healing | Mercy: Sickened | Spells lvl: 0- 4 1st 4 2nd 4 4th 3 ( and 1 each level for domain) ; Cure Moderate 1/1 | Channel Positive 0/8; | Spell Penetration - d20+5 | Melee +4; Morningstar 1d8; dagger 1d4; Brass Knuckles 1d3 | Ranged +5; Sling 1d4; Dagger 1d4 | Character Sheet

Lonam will move forward towards Klarkosh.

The Spiritual Weapon attacks.

to hit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Battle Grid ***** Treasure Chart ***** Emerald Spire Skills

Coming out of the nauseating cloud Ilya's breathing slowly starts to come easier ...

Nauseated length?: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 more rounds.

As Ilya moves, he notices there is some sort of trap triggering device in the floor about 5 ft to the east of him.

************

Lonam gets the sensation that his Spiritual Weapon does not feel like coming into contact with this evil being. (Just flavor text for saying it missed.)

********************************************************************

Klarkosh Perception check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Noticing the movement of light to the northern side of the room, Klarkosh realizes someone is somehow manipulating a light spell in that area, be it a Dancing Light, or whatever it is ... but he also sees a warrior and a cleric advancing on the southern side ... so he casts another spell and a pea sized drop goes flying landing near Lonam & Uriel, and a Fireball explodes in the room!

He can't center a spell in the middle of the machinery of course, and he is simply trying to cover as much of the room as he can.

Reflex Save Rolls (Based on the Skills doc) vrs DC 18:

Ilyanaro Reflex save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Lonam Reflex save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Uriel Reflex save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

Fireball damage: 7d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 5, 6, 6, 1, 5) = 29 (So half, rounded down is 14 fire damage each.)

And Klarkosh takes a step closer towards the doors.

********************************************************************

CURRENT INITIATIVE:

Block 3:
Boudacia {32 of 37 HP} & Uriel {50 of 59 HP}
DIFFICULT TERRAIN Round 3 of ???????
STINKING CLOUD: Single-move-action ONLY Round 2 of ???????

Followed by:

Top of the round.

Block 1:
Lonam {26 of 47 HP} & Ilyanaro {12 of 31 HP}
DIFFICULT TERRAIN Round 3 of ???????
STINKING CLOUD: Single-move-action ONLY Round 2 of ???????

Block 2:
Klarkosh & Blue Automaton (Dead)

Block 3:
Boudacia {32 of 37 HP} & Uriel {50 of 59 HP}
DIFFICULT TERRAIN Round 4 of ???????
STINKING CLOUD: Single-move-action ONLY Round 3 of ???????

Silver Crusade

Male Suli (Mostly Human) | LG Paladin of Iomedae 6 (Tempered Champion), Order of the Sunrise Sword (Mendev) | Speed 20 | Initiative+4 | Perception+5 | Diplomacy+13 | Sense Motive+6 | Lay on Hands [7/8] | Divine Bond (1/1) | Detect Evil (at will) | AC: 25 (Tch 14, FF 22, Armor+7, Shield+3, Dex+3, Def+1, NA+1) | Fort+13, Reflex+12, Will+11, Immune to Fear & Disease, Resist Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire 5 | CMD: 26 (BAB+6, Str+5, Dex+4, Def+1) | Hp: 65 [56/65] [10+5d10 (38)+Con (12)+FC (5)] | Melee +11/+6 1-H Longsword 1d8+12, +11/+6 Dagger 1d4+5, Ranged +10 Javelin 1d6+5 | CMB: +11/+12 w/longsword | Smite Evil [1/2] | Elemental Assault [1/1] | Character Sheet

Uriel feels the flash of the fireball in the midst of the sleet, a strange sensation to be sure. Continuing to move directly east following the souther wall in the fog, he stumbles unsteadily out of the cloud and into the relatively cleaner air of the sleet, still trying to keep an eye on the enemy.

That is a 10 foot move east unless the heat from the fireball melts the ice on the ground to make it “less difficult terrain”, in which case he will go further east up to a total of 20 feet (a single move).


Battle Grid ***** Treasure Chart ***** Emerald Spire Skills
Uriel of Mendev wrote:
... That is a 10 foot move east unless the heat from the fireball melts the ice on the ground to make it “less difficult terrain”, in which case he will go further east up to a total of 20 feet (a single move).

While I certainly understand, and even 'sympathize' with the suggestion, but please feel free to refer to the description of the Ice Storm spell, particularly - "For the remaining duration of the spell, heavy snow and sleet rains down in the area. Creatures inside this area ... and the entire area is treated as difficult terrain." So since the magic was not dispelled, the spell is still an ongoing effect, thus the Difficult Terrain is also still an ongoing effect. Sorry. :-(

As Uriel staggers out of the stinky cloud, his breathing starts getting better as well ...

Nauseating lasts for?: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 more rounds.

And as Uriel coughs and sputters, he fails to notice the trap mechanism in the floor in front of him and suddenly a device with multiple blades pops up from the floor and the blades immediately start spinning trying to slice up Uriel!

Trap's attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

The blades are currently unable to penetrate Uriel's armor, but the blades continue spinning in a large square area covering an area 15 ft x 15 ft!

I had to move the spell template's around some to 'reveal' the trap and I'm not certain I put the Ice Storm & the Stinking Cloud in the exact same spot they were in? I think so? To try to help I put an 'exploding mark' to mark the center of the 20 ft radius for each one, but please let me know if I have the template locations wrong. The red one for the Fireball I know is right (I had 'exploded' the center of it when I placed it), and it will be going away in just a bit anyways.

CURRENT INITIATIVE:

Block 3:
Boudacia {32 of 37 HP} & Uriel {50 of 59 HP} (Nauseated for 3 more rounds after this.) (Already went.)
DIFFICULT TERRAIN Round 4 of ???????
STINKING CLOUD or NAUSEATED: Single-move-action ONLY Round 3 of ???????

So, Boudacia, with a full normal round of actions, and no Difficult Terrain.

Followed by:

Top of the round.

Block 1:
Lonam {26 of 47 HP} & Ilyanaro {12 of 31 HP} (Nauseated for 2 more rounds after this.)
DIFFICULT TERRAIN Round 4 of ???????
STINKING CLOUD or NAUSEATED: Single-move-action ONLY Round 3 of ???????

Block 2:
Klarkosh & Blue Automaton (Dead)

Block 3:
Boudacia {32 of 37 HP} & Uriel {50 of 59 HP} (Nauseated for 2 more rounds after this.)
DIFFICULT TERRAIN Round 5 of ???????
STINKING CLOUD or NAUSEATED: Single-move-action ONLY Round 4 of ???????

Silver Crusade

Male Suli (Mostly Human) | LG Paladin of Iomedae 6 (Tempered Champion), Order of the Sunrise Sword (Mendev) | Speed 20 | Initiative+4 | Perception+5 | Diplomacy+13 | Sense Motive+6 | Lay on Hands [7/8] | Divine Bond (1/1) | Detect Evil (at will) | AC: 25 (Tch 14, FF 22, Armor+7, Shield+3, Dex+3, Def+1, NA+1) | Fort+13, Reflex+12, Will+11, Immune to Fear & Disease, Resist Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire 5 | CMD: 26 (BAB+6, Str+5, Dex+4, Def+1) | Hp: 65 [56/65] [10+5d10 (38)+Con (12)+FC (5)] | Melee +11/+6 1-H Longsword 1d8+12, +11/+6 Dagger 1d4+5, Ranged +10 Javelin 1d6+5 | CMB: +11/+12 w/longsword | Smite Evil [1/2] | Elemental Assault [1/1] | Character Sheet

Lonam, if the shield other spell is still active, I believe 4 hp of damage gets transferred from Uriel to you...sorry


Male Aasimar CG Cleric 6 | HP 47/47 (6d8+2) | Defense AC 18 (Touch 12 Flat Footed 16) | CMB: 4, CMD: 16 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | Domain: Healing | Mercy: Sickened | Spells lvl: 0- 4 1st 4 2nd 4 4th 3 ( and 1 each level for domain) ; Cure Moderate 1/1 | Channel Positive 0/8; | Spell Penetration - d20+5 | Melee +4; Morningstar 1d8; dagger 1d4; Brass Knuckles 1d3 | Ranged +5; Sling 1d4; Dagger 1d4 | Character Sheet

It will be active for about 6 hours.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Werebat-kin Skinwalker (Bloodmarked) CN Witch 6 | HP 43/43 (6d6+18+6FC) | Defence AC 17 (Touch 13 Flat Footed 14) [/ooc] | CMB: 2, CMD: 15/11 |FL F: +3, R: +4, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4/+6, SM: +0/+2 | Speed 30ft | Hexes Slumber - DC:19, Misfortune DC 19, | Spells: lvl0- 4 1st 5 2nd 4 3rd 2| Active conditions: None.

Boudacia hits Klarkosh with her second Glitterdust.

It is a 10' radius and easy just to hit Klarkosh. Will save DC 18 to negate the blindness effect.

Silver Crusade

Male Suli (Mostly Human) | LG Paladin of Iomedae 6 (Tempered Champion), Order of the Sunrise Sword (Mendev) | Speed 20 | Initiative+4 | Perception+5 | Diplomacy+13 | Sense Motive+6 | Lay on Hands [7/8] | Divine Bond (1/1) | Detect Evil (at will) | AC: 25 (Tch 14, FF 22, Armor+7, Shield+3, Dex+3, Def+1, NA+1) | Fort+13, Reflex+12, Will+11, Immune to Fear & Disease, Resist Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire 5 | CMD: 26 (BAB+6, Str+5, Dex+4, Def+1) | Hp: 65 [56/65] [10+5d10 (38)+Con (12)+FC (5)] | Melee +11/+6 1-H Longsword 1d8+12, +11/+6 Dagger 1d4+5, Ranged +10 Javelin 1d6+5 | CMB: +11/+12 w/longsword | Smite Evil [1/2] | Elemental Assault [1/1] | Character Sheet

It should be the top of the round now, so Lonam and Ilyanaro should be up...


Battle Grid ***** Treasure Chart ***** Emerald Spire Skills

Klarkosh's Will save vrs blindness: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 (Sorry Boudacia!)

Sorry Uriel, I forgot about the Shield Other. I'll try to make a note of that.

And yes, Top of the round, so Ilya & Lonam's turn!

EDIT: Realized I got ahead of myself on round counts for ongoing spells, so correcting that now.

CURRENT INITIATIVE:

Top of the round.

Block 1:
Lonam {22 of 47 HP} & Ilyanaro {12 of 31 HP} (Nauseated for 2 more rounds after this.)
DIFFICULT TERRAIN Round 3 of ???????
STINKING CLOUD or NAUSEATED: Single-move-action ONLY Round 2 of ???????

Followed by:

Block 2:
Klarkosh & Blue Automaton (Dead)

Block 3:
Boudacia {32 of 37 HP} & Uriel {54 of 59 HP} (Nauseated for 2 more rounds after this.)
DIFFICULT TERRAIN Round 4 of ???????
STINKING CLOUD or NAUSEATED: Single-move-action ONLY Round 3 of ???????


Low Light Vision. Perception +12. Spd 30. Male Elf Evoker 6. AC 15 / T 13 / FF 13. HP 31/31. Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7; +2 vs enchantment CMB +2; CMD 14. Force Missiles (1d4+3; range 150, 8/9 remaining).

Ilyanaro draws a potion of CLW from his haversack, remaining invisible and nauseated where he is.


Male Aasimar CG Cleric 6 | HP 47/47 (6d8+2) | Defense AC 18 (Touch 12 Flat Footed 16) | CMB: 4, CMD: 16 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | Domain: Healing | Mercy: Sickened | Spells lvl: 0- 4 1st 4 2nd 4 4th 3 ( and 1 each level for domain) ; Cure Moderate 1/1 | Channel Positive 0/8; | Spell Penetration - d20+5 | Melee +4; Morningstar 1d8; dagger 1d4; Brass Knuckles 1d3 | Ranged +5; Sling 1d4; Dagger 1d4 | Character Sheet

Lonam will move five feet ahead (east?) and five feet diagonal (southeast) placing behind Uriel.

I am not sure how long I would have to wait for more than a single move action, I am guessing not this round

Spiritual Weapon (round 4 of 6)
to hit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

On the extreme off-chance that Lonam can do more than move, he will Channel Positive Energy healing: 5d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 2, 4, 1) = 12


Battle Grid ***** Treasure Chart ***** Emerald Spire Skills
Lonam Asri wrote:
... I am not sure how long I would have to wait for more than a single move action, I am guessing not this round

As per the description of the Stinking cloud spell says: "This condition lasts as long as the creature is in the cloud and for 1d4+1 rounds after it leaves. (Roll separately for each nauseated character.)" (emphasis added). So ...

As Lonam staggers out of the horrid cloud his breathing starts coming easier ...

Lonam is Nauseated for ?: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 more rounds.

Kind of strange/interesting? All 3 of you got 3 more rounds.

*******************

Lonam Asri wrote:

Spiritual Weapon (round 4 of 6)

[to hit]11+8 = 19
[damage]1d8+2 = 9

And Lonam's Spiritual Weapon finally strikes Klarkosh!

Perception Rolls:

(Boudacia & Wayne are too far away to see this kind of detail.)
Ilyanaro Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13 Low-Light Vision
Lonam Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Uriel Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Lonam & Uriel however both notice that it seems to do no damage to him.

***************************************************************************

Klarkosh suddenly turns and heads back south a bit and then casts another spell and suddenly a Lightning Bolt fires from his hands!

Reflex Save Rolls - based on the current Skills doc! -vrs DC 18:

Boudacia Reflex Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Wayne Reflex Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Lonam Reflex save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Uriel Reflex save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

Electrical lightning damage: 7d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 2, 1, 1, 3, 3, 4) + 3 = 21 Wow! Low rolls!

So, 21 damage if you failed (Boudacia), or 10 if you passed (Uriel) or have improved evasion (Wayne!) & subtract 5 if you have Electrical resistance 5 (Lonam & Uriel). So Uriel only took 5, and then Lonam takes half of that, so Uriel only takes 3 damage, while Lonam takes a total of (21 - 5 for Electrical Resistance + 2 for Shield Other = 18).

TLDR: Boudacia: 21 damage; Wayne: 10 damage; Lonam: 18 damage; Uriel: 3 damage

***************************************************************************

CURRENT INITIATIVE:

Block 3:
Boudacia {11 of 37 HP} (Full round of actions available) & Uriel (Shield Other) {51 of 59 HP} (Nauseated for 2 more rounds after this.)
DIFFICULT TERRAIN Round 4 of ???????
STINKING CLOUD or NAUSEATED: Single-move-action ONLY Round 3 of ???????

Followed by:

Top of the round.

Block 1:
Lonam (Shield Other) {4 of 47 HP} (Nauseated for 2 more rounds after this.) & Ilyanaro {12 of 31 HP} (Nauseated for 1 more rounds after this.)
DIFFICULT TERRAIN Round 4 of ???????
STINKING CLOUD or NAUSEATED: Single-move-action ONLY Round 3 of ???????

Block 2:
Klarkosh & Blue Automaton (Dead)

Block 3:
Boudacia {11 of 37 HP} (Full round of actions available) & Uriel (Shield Other) {51 of 59 HP} (Nauseated for 2 more rounds after this.)
DIFFICULT TERRAIN Round 5 of ???????
STINKING CLOUD or NAUSEATED: Single-move-action ONLY Round 4 of ???????


Female Werebat-kin Skinwalker (Bloodmarked) CN Witch 6 | HP 43/43 (6d6+18+6FC) | Defence AC 17 (Touch 13 Flat Footed 14) [/ooc] | CMB: 2, CMD: 15/11 |FL F: +3, R: +4, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4/+6, SM: +0/+2 | Speed 30ft | Hexes Slumber - DC:19, Misfortune DC 19, | Spells: lvl0- 4 1st 5 2nd 4 3rd 2| Active conditions: None.

Boudacia and Wayne move behind the wall (as shown by the position of the Ikon on the map, and then Boudacia uses her wand of CLW on herself.

CLW on Boudacia: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Sorry I can't do much at the moment. Klarkosh is out of range of hexes and I am out of relevant spells. Boudacia {16 of 37 HP}


Battle Grid ***** Treasure Chart ***** Emerald Spire Skills
Boudacia wrote:
... Sorry I can't do much at the moment. Klarkosh is out of range of hexes and I am out of relevant spells. Boudacia {16 of 37 HP}

Dispel Magic or Barrow Haze? Look useful possibly ... But totally your choice of course. CLW certainly made sense in your current condition as well!

Silver Crusade

Male Suli (Mostly Human) | LG Paladin of Iomedae 6 (Tempered Champion), Order of the Sunrise Sword (Mendev) | Speed 20 | Initiative+4 | Perception+5 | Diplomacy+13 | Sense Motive+6 | Lay on Hands [7/8] | Divine Bond (1/1) | Detect Evil (at will) | AC: 25 (Tch 14, FF 22, Armor+7, Shield+3, Dex+3, Def+1, NA+1) | Fort+13, Reflex+12, Will+11, Immune to Fear & Disease, Resist Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire 5 | CMD: 26 (BAB+6, Str+5, Dex+4, Def+1) | Hp: 65 [56/65] [10+5d10 (38)+Con (12)+FC (5)] | Melee +11/+6 1-H Longsword 1d8+12, +11/+6 Dagger 1d4+5, Ranged +10 Javelin 1d6+5 | CMB: +11/+12 w/longsword | Smite Evil [1/2] | Elemental Assault [1/1] | Character Sheet

Uriel strides out of the icy storm and boxes the evil spellcaster in the corner of the room (finally out of difficult terrain!). He struggles against the nausea and raises his sword high to smite his foe with the power of Iomedae, attempting to say something suitably heroic, and suddenly a spasm of stomach distress chokes off his words and makes him unable to follow through on his attack!


Low Light Vision. Perception +12. Spd 30. Male Elf Evoker 6. AC 15 / T 13 / FF 13. HP 31/31. Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7; +2 vs enchantment CMB +2; CMD 14. Force Missiles (1d4+3; range 150, 8/9 remaining).

Ilyanaro remains where he is, potion in hand and waits for the nausea to pass.


Male Aasimar CG Cleric 6 | HP 47/47 (6d8+2) | Defense AC 18 (Touch 12 Flat Footed 16) | CMB: 4, CMD: 16 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | Domain: Healing | Mercy: Sickened | Spells lvl: 0- 4 1st 4 2nd 4 4th 3 ( and 1 each level for domain) ; Cure Moderate 1/1 | Channel Positive 0/8; | Spell Penetration - d20+5 | Melee +4; Morningstar 1d8; dagger 1d4; Brass Knuckles 1d3 | Ranged +5; Sling 1d4; Dagger 1d4 | Character Sheet

The Spiritual Weapon does not know it didn't do damage so:

to hit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 (round 5 of 6)
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Lonam stops the Shield Other spell on Uriel (I'm thinking like Sheathe a Weapon or Retrieve a Stored Item) as his move action, removing the ring he is wearing. Then falls prone as if unconscious (free action).

Sorry Uriel, 4 hit points and no actions means I can't possibly get past that scythe trap!


Battle Grid ***** Treasure Chart ***** Emerald Spire Skills

Ok, first of all, my mistake for the Spiritual Weapon! I forgot it is a force effect, so it does the full 9 damage to Klarkosh! - But this last attack missed again.

As Uriel moves past the whirling blades of the trap, they continue trying to slice him up ...

The module gives me absolute minimal info on the trap. The way I'm understanding it, the blades continue spinning in the outer perimeter of the trap constantly (like the blades of a mixer sort of?) thus making an attack on every creature in every square entered. The center square is occupied by the 'post' mechanism that comes up from the floor and holds the blades while it spins.

1st square: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
2nd square: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

but the blades cannot get past Uriel's armor!

Then, as Uriel moves up next to Klarkosh, the half-man/half-construct thing swings his dagger at him ...

Klarkosh's AoO: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

but he swings way too early missing Uriel completely!

Klarkosh then tries to cast another spell ...

Concentration check vrs DC 19: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24

(Yep, only needs to roll a 3 or better! - BIG boss!)

Uriel suddenly seems to be having trouble with his vision ...

Fortitude save vrs Blindness! DC 17: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

but he manages to shake it off and is fine!

*************************************************************************** ****

CURRENT INITIATIVE:

Block 3:
Boudacia {16 of 37 HP} (Full round of actions available) & Uriel {51 of 59 HP} (Nauseated for 2 more rounds after this.)
DIFFICULT TERRAIN Round 5 of ???????
STINKING CLOUD or NAUSEATED: Single-move-action ONLY Round 4 of ???????

Followed by:

Top of the round.

Block 1:
Lonam {4 of 47 HP} (Nauseated for 2 more rounds after this.) & Ilyanaro {12 of 31 HP} (NOT Nauseated!)
DIFFICULT TERRAIN Round 5 of ???????
STINKING CLOUD or NAUSEATED: Single-move-action ONLY Round 4 of ???????

Block 2:
Klarkosh & Blue Automaton (Dead)

Block 3:
Boudacia {16 of 37 HP} (Full round of actions available) & Uriel {51 of 59 HP} (Nauseated for 1 more rounds after this.)
DIFFICULT TERRAIN Round 6 of ???????
STINKING CLOUD or NAUSEATED: Single-move-action ONLY Round 5 of ???????

Silver Crusade

Male Suli (Mostly Human) | LG Paladin of Iomedae 6 (Tempered Champion), Order of the Sunrise Sword (Mendev) | Speed 20 | Initiative+4 | Perception+5 | Diplomacy+13 | Sense Motive+6 | Lay on Hands [7/8] | Divine Bond (1/1) | Detect Evil (at will) | AC: 25 (Tch 14, FF 22, Armor+7, Shield+3, Dex+3, Def+1, NA+1) | Fort+13, Reflex+12, Will+11, Immune to Fear & Disease, Resist Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire 5 | CMD: 26 (BAB+6, Str+5, Dex+4, Def+1) | Hp: 65 [56/65] [10+5d10 (38)+Con (12)+FC (5)] | Melee +11/+6 1-H Longsword 1d8+12, +11/+6 Dagger 1d4+5, Ranged +10 Javelin 1d6+5 | CMB: +11/+12 w/longsword | Smite Evil [1/2] | Elemental Assault [1/1] | Character Sheet

Intelligence check: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4

Having no idea why he can’t attack, Uriel spends his turn flailing away ineffectually at Klarkosh, trying to attack and utterly failing.


Low Light Vision. Perception +12. Spd 30. Male Elf Evoker 6. AC 15 / T 13 / FF 13. HP 31/31. Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7; +2 vs enchantment CMB +2; CMD 14. Force Missiles (1d4+3; range 150, 8/9 remaining).

Ilyanaro takes advantage of his invisibility and the lack of nausea to fire off a screaming hot bolt of fire at the enemy.

"Get him, get him fast, before he unleashes more magics."

Invisible Scorching Ray: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 - 4 = 16 to hit vs flat footed touch, for Fire Damage: 4d6 + 3 ⇒ (1, 5, 5, 1) + 3 = 15


Female Werebat-kin Skinwalker (Bloodmarked) CN Witch 6 | HP 43/43 (6d6+18+6FC) | Defence AC 17 (Touch 13 Flat Footed 14) [/ooc] | CMB: 2, CMD: 15/11 |FL F: +3, R: +4, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4/+6, SM: +0/+2 | Speed 30ft | Hexes Slumber - DC:19, Misfortune DC 19, | Spells: lvl0- 4 1st 5 2nd 4 3rd 2| Active conditions: None.

Boudacia and Wayne move behind the wall (as shown by the position of the Ikon on the map, and then casts Barrow Haze as shown by the Green Template, the area of which is engulfed in an iky, necromantic darkness.

Boudacia {11 of 37 HP} Tahnks for allowing me to revise my action.


Female Werebat-kin Skinwalker (Bloodmarked) CN Witch 6 | HP 43/43 (6d6+18+6FC) | Defence AC 17 (Touch 13 Flat Footed 14) [/ooc] | CMB: 2, CMD: 15/11 |FL F: +3, R: +4, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4/+6, SM: +0/+2 | Speed 30ft | Hexes Slumber - DC:19, Misfortune DC 19, | Spells: lvl0- 4 1st 5 2nd 4 3rd 2| Active conditions: None.

Boudacia and Wayne move behind the wall (as shown by the position of the Ikon on the map, and then casts Barrow Haze as shown by the Green Template, the area of which is engulfed in an iky, necromantic darkness.

Boudacia {11 of 37 HP} Thanks for allowing me to revise my action.


Battle Grid ***** Treasure Chart ***** Emerald Spire Skills

Ilya's Scorching Ray springs from his hands making Ilya visible once again, but the ray strikes Klarkosh directly in his torso and he screams in pain!

Sorry, sleep is claiming me! I'll have to finish after sleeping!


Male Aasimar CG Cleric 6 | HP 47/47 (6d8+2) | Defense AC 18 (Touch 12 Flat Footed 16) | CMB: 4, CMD: 16 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | Domain: Healing | Mercy: Sickened | Spells lvl: 0- 4 1st 4 2nd 4 4th 3 ( and 1 each level for domain) ; Cure Moderate 1/1 | Channel Positive 0/8; | Spell Penetration - d20+5 | Melee +4; Morningstar 1d8; dagger 1d4; Brass Knuckles 1d3 | Ranged +5; Sling 1d4; Dagger 1d4 | Character Sheet

Lonam will remain 'playing possum' until the nausea passes so that he simply live through this event.

Spiritual Weapon, one last time:
to hit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Battle Grid ***** Treasure Chart ***** Emerald Spire Skills
Boudacia wrote:
... Thanks for allowing me to revise my action.[/ooc]

Actually, I never said I was allowing you to revise your action. And, technically that means it would happen before Ilya's Scorching Ray & then he would not be able to see Klarkosh. But, for simplicity sake I'm just going to let it all stand as is. And also because I think the party needs it! Or, more specifically, whatever hexes start coming after this. :-D

As soon as Ilya's fiery ray goes out, then suddenly a large dark fog bank appears and no one can see through it!

And Lonam's Spiritual Weapon misses again.

*************************************************************************** **

Klarkosh is starting to realize what a huge mistake he made by moving into this corner. From the sounds of it, it seems Klarkosh is trying to cast another spell ...

Concentration to cast defensively vrs DC 23!: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24 (Barely!)

Suddenly a wave of Fear washes over Ilyanaro, Lonam & Uriel!

Will Save Rolls vrs DC 19:

Ilyanaro Will save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 Not enchantment
Lonam Will save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Uriel is immune to Fear

Ilya just barely manages to shake off the sense of panic, but is still shakened (A shaken character takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks. This will last for 1 round.) by the horrible sensations he had!

However, Lonam is Panicked! (A panicked creature must drop anything it holds and flee at top speed from the source of its fear, as well as any other dangers it encounters, along a random path. It can’t take any other actions. In addition, the creature takes a –2 penalty on all saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.) And he will get up and flee on his turn!

*************************************************************************** **

CURRENT INITIATIVE:

Block 3:
Boudacia {11 of 37 HP} (Full round of actions available) & Uriel {51 of 59 HP} (Nauseated for 1 more rounds after this.)
DIFFICULT TERRAIN Round 6 of ???????
STINKING CLOUD or NAUSEATED: Single-move-action ONLY Round 5 of ???????

Followed by:

Top of the round.

Block 1:
Lonam Panicked! {4 of 47 HP} (Nauseated for 1 more round after this.) & Ilyanaro {12 of 31 HP} (Shaken)
DIFFICULT TERRAIN Round 5 of ???????
STINKING CLOUD or NAUSEATED: Single-move-action ONLY Round 4 of ???????

Block 2:
Klarkosh & Blue Automaton (Dead)

Block 3:
Boudacia {11 of 37 HP} (Full round of actions available) & Uriel {51 of 59 HP} (Nauseated for 1 more rounds after this.)
DIFFICULT TERRAIN Round 6 of ???????
STINKING CLOUD or NAUSEATED: Single-move-action ONLY Round 5 of ???????

Silver Crusade

Male Suli (Mostly Human) | LG Paladin of Iomedae 6 (Tempered Champion), Order of the Sunrise Sword (Mendev) | Speed 20 | Initiative+4 | Perception+5 | Diplomacy+13 | Sense Motive+6 | Lay on Hands [7/8] | Divine Bond (1/1) | Detect Evil (at will) | AC: 25 (Tch 14, FF 22, Armor+7, Shield+3, Dex+3, Def+1, NA+1) | Fort+13, Reflex+12, Will+11, Immune to Fear & Disease, Resist Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire 5 | CMD: 26 (BAB+6, Str+5, Dex+4, Def+1) | Hp: 65 [56/65] [10+5d10 (38)+Con (12)+FC (5)] | Melee +11/+6 1-H Longsword 1d8+12, +11/+6 Dagger 1d4+5, Ranged +10 Javelin 1d6+5 | CMB: +11/+12 w/longsword | Smite Evil [1/2] | Elemental Assault [1/1] | Character Sheet

Green fog, ice storms, black fog, fireballs, and lightning bolts...Somehow Uriel is still standing, his faith in Iomedae sustaining him. Unfazed by the wave of fear, he stays focused on the target of his smite evil, attempting to swing his glowing longsword through the dark fog at the evil creature!

Somehow, though, between the nausea and the concealment, Uriel's strikes seem to get nowhere close to the enemy!


Female Werebat-kin Skinwalker (Bloodmarked) CN Witch 6 | HP 43/43 (6d6+18+6FC) | Defence AC 17 (Touch 13 Flat Footed 14) [/ooc] | CMB: 2, CMD: 15/11 |FL F: +3, R: +4, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4/+6, SM: +0/+2 | Speed 30ft | Hexes Slumber - DC:19, Misfortune DC 19, | Spells: lvl0- 4 1st 5 2nd 4 3rd 2| Active conditions: None.

Boudacia, peeking through the secret door, employs Misfortune on Klakosh and then Cackles, while thinking this is bad, really bad, I hope this takes effect, Klaskosh is either very resistant to or immune to my magics.


Battle Grid ***** Treasure Chart ***** Emerald Spire Skills
Boudacia wrote:
Boudacia, peeking through the secret door, employs Misfortune on Klakosh and then Cackles, while thinking this is bad, really bad, I hope this takes effect, Klaskosh is either very resistant to or immune to my magics.

Your magics? What magics? Unless I'm forgetting something, then you have not tried any 'magics' directly against him! Ilya just did with a scorching ray and it seems to have worked just fine, so I have no idea why you are saying he is very resistant or immune to your 'magics'. *** Anywho, here goes the Will save.

Klarkosh's Will save vrs Misfortune: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 Fail.

So he has the misfortune hex upon him, and the lean, mean, Suli (Mostly Human), seemingly impenetrable, slicing & dicing machine (Uriel) adjacent to him, ignoring his Fear. And he's 'pinned' in to the corner. This is starting to look grim for Klarkosh now!

********************************************************************

CURRENT INITIATIVE:

Top of the round.

Block 1:
Lonam Panicked! {4 of 47 HP} (Nauseated for 1 more round after this.) & Ilyanaro {12 of 31 HP} (Shaken)
DIFFICULT TERRAIN Round 5 of ???????
STINKING CLOUD or NAUSEATED: Single-move-action ONLY Round 4 of ???????

Followed by:

Block 2:
Klarkosh & Blue Automaton (Dead)

Block 3:
Boudacia {11 of 37 HP} (Full round of actions available) & Uriel {51 of 59 HP} (Nauseated - last round!)
DIFFICULT TERRAIN Round 6 of ???????
STINKING CLOUD or NAUSEATED: Single-move-action ONLY Round 5 of ???????


Low Light Vision. Perception +12. Spd 30. Male Elf Evoker 6. AC 15 / T 13 / FF 13. HP 31/31. Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7; +2 vs enchantment CMB +2; CMD 14. Force Missiles (1d4+3; range 150, 8/9 remaining).

"Hope he does not have a shield spell up..."

Ilyanaro launches a magic missile out to strike the enemy wizard.

KerXap!: 3d4 + 6 ⇒ (3, 4, 1) + 6 = 14 force damage
SR: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20 if needed


Battle Grid ***** Treasure Chart ***** Emerald Spire Skills
Ilyanaro Balmaris wrote:

"Hope he does not have a shield spell up..."

Ilyanaro launches a magic missile out to strike the enemy wizard.

Regrettably you have to have a line of sight to target an enemy, and Boudacia's Barrow Haze spell, definitely blocks that line of sight. If you want to take a different action I'll allow that.


Low Light Vision. Perception +12. Spd 30. Male Elf Evoker 6. AC 15 / T 13 / FF 13. HP 31/31. Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7; +2 vs enchantment CMB +2; CMD 14. Force Missiles (1d4+3; range 150, 8/9 remaining).

D'oh. In that case Ilyanaro will drink his CLW potion

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 HP healed


Male Aasimar CG Cleric 6 | HP 47/47 (6d8+2) | Defense AC 18 (Touch 12 Flat Footed 16) | CMB: 4, CMD: 16 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | Domain: Healing | Mercy: Sickened | Spells lvl: 0- 4 1st 4 2nd 4 4th 3 ( and 1 each level for domain) ; Cure Moderate 1/1 | Channel Positive 0/8; | Spell Penetration - d20+5 | Melee +4; Morningstar 1d8; dagger 1d4; Brass Knuckles 1d3 | Ranged +5; Sling 1d4; Dagger 1d4 | Character Sheet

Lonam stands up, in a complete panic, and (I think) blinded in a fog.


Battle Grid ***** Treasure Chart ***** Emerald Spire Skills
Lonam Asri wrote:
Lonam stands up, in a complete panic, and (I think) blinded in a fog.

Not technically blinded as per the RAW, you can see, but the only thing you see is darkness. Unless you look down at yourself or hold up your hand or something, you can see that so ... much better than being blind! ;-)

**************************************************************************

Uriel once again realizes Klarkosh is focusing on another spell ...

Concentration check vrs DC 19: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31

And suddenly a mass of strong, thick spiderwebs appears! Web

Reflex Save Rolls vrs DC 17 - Based on the Skills doc:

Ilyanaro Reflex save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Lonam Reflex save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Uriel Reflex save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Ilya barely manages to avoid getting caught up in the webs, but the panicked Lonam, and brave Uriel are not so lucky.

DIFFICULT TERRAIN is now doubled in the areas where the cyan Ice Storm & the black Web overlap, so it cost 4 squares of movement per each square moved. *** Lonam & Uriel are both currently grappled.

**************************************************************************

Due to all the ongoing spell effects currently in play on the map, I did add a color-matching list off to the left side, primarily to help me remember what's what?!? Obviously feel free to look at it yourselves if it helps in any way!

For those who are or get Grappled a standard action is needed to be able to make a CMB or Escape Artist check, so if you are still Nauseated it means you can't do anything other than swift or free actions. Unless you have some means of getting rid of the webs grappling you (Cough, cough, hint! cough! Suli! cough!)

CURRENT INITIATIVE:

Block 3:
Boudacia {11 of 37 HP} (Full round of actions available) & Uriel {51 of 59 HP} (Nauseated - Last round!) (Grappled)
DIFFICULT TERRAIN Round 6 of ???????
STINKING CLOUD or NAUSEATED: Single-move-action ONLY Round 5 of ???????

Followed by:

Top of the round.

Block 1:
Lonam Panicked! {4 of 47 HP} (Nauseated - Last round!) (Grappled) & Ilyanaro {17 of 31 HP}
DIFFICULT TERRAIN Round 6 of ???????
STINKING CLOUD or NAUSEATED: Single-move-action ONLY Round 5 of ???????

Block 2:
Klarkosh & Blue Automaton (Dead)

Block 3:
Boudacia {11 of 37 HP} (Full round of actions available) & Uriel {51 of 59 HP} (Grappled?)
DIFFICULT TERRAIN Round 7 of ???????
STINKING CLOUD or NAUSEATED: Single-move-action ONLY Round 6 of ???????


Female Werebat-kin Skinwalker (Bloodmarked) CN Witch 6 | HP 43/43 (6d6+18+6FC) | Defence AC 17 (Touch 13 Flat Footed 14) [/ooc] | CMB: 2, CMD: 15/11 |FL F: +3, R: +4, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4/+6, SM: +0/+2 | Speed 30ft | Hexes Slumber - DC:19, Misfortune DC 19, | Spells: lvl0- 4 1st 5 2nd 4 3rd 2| Active conditions: None.

Boudacia uses the Slumber Hex on Klarkosh and then Cackles.

Stormstrider- I suspect you are right that concentration checks fall outside the effects of Misfortune.
Misfortune (Su)
Effect: The witch can cause a creature within 30 feet to suffer grave misfortune for 1 round. Anytime the creature makes an ability check, attack roll, saving throw, or skill check, it must roll twice and take the worse result. A Will save negates this hex.
Sad. But he must roll twice vs Slumber.
However, cam Klarkosh see where the targets of his spell are? He neatly got all 3.
Question- Do the effects of the Stinking Cloud, Ice Storm and Web extend to the ceiling?

Silver Crusade

Male Suli (Mostly Human) | LG Paladin of Iomedae 6 (Tempered Champion), Order of the Sunrise Sword (Mendev) | Speed 20 | Initiative+4 | Perception+5 | Diplomacy+13 | Sense Motive+6 | Lay on Hands [7/8] | Divine Bond (1/1) | Detect Evil (at will) | AC: 25 (Tch 14, FF 22, Armor+7, Shield+3, Dex+3, Def+1, NA+1) | Fort+13, Reflex+12, Will+11, Immune to Fear & Disease, Resist Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire 5 | CMD: 26 (BAB+6, Str+5, Dex+4, Def+1) | Hp: 65 [56/65] [10+5d10 (38)+Con (12)+FC (5)] | Melee +11/+6 1-H Longsword 1d8+12, +11/+6 Dagger 1d4+5, Ranged +10 Javelin 1d6+5 | CMB: +11/+12 w/longsword | Smite Evil [1/2] | Elemental Assault [1/1] | Character Sheet

...well, if you are going to allow me a swift action while grappled & nauseated, I know just what to do...

As the sticky strands of web entangle him, Uriel calls on the fiery spirit of his ancestors and his arms are wreathed in flame, burning away the offending webbing.

(Elemental Assault/Fire, taking Fire damage from burning webs: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7 -5 fire resistance.)

As the flames extend to his sword and shield and the nausea finally fades, Uriel intones, "I am URIEL, Flame of Iomedae, and your judgement is at hand!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Werebat-kin Skinwalker (Bloodmarked) CN Witch 6 | HP 43/43 (6d6+18+6FC) | Defence AC 17 (Touch 13 Flat Footed 14) [/ooc] | CMB: 2, CMD: 15/11 |FL F: +3, R: +4, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4/+6, SM: +0/+2 | Speed 30ft | Hexes Slumber - DC:19, Misfortune DC 19, | Spells: lvl0- 4 1st 5 2nd 4 3rd 2| Active conditions: None.

"He is at that."


Battle Grid ***** Treasure Chart ***** Emerald Spire Skills
Boudacia wrote:

Boudacia uses the Slumber Hex on Klarkosh and then Cackles.

Stormstrider- I suspect you are right that concentration checks fall outside the effects of Misfortune.
Misfortune (Su)
Effect: The witch can cause a creature within 30 feet to suffer grave misfortune for 1 round. Anytime the creature makes an ability check, attack roll, saving throw, or skill check, it must roll twice and take the worse result. A Will save negates this hex.
Sad. But he must roll twice vs Slumber.

Correct on both accounts.

Boudacia wrote:

However, cam Klarkosh see where the targets of his spell are? He neatly got all 3.

Question- Do the effects of the Stinking Cloud, Ice Storm and Web extend to the ceiling?

You do not know if he can see them or not, but either way he simply placed the spell based on where they were at when he could see them. Uriel was his primary target (the most immediate threat), and he could see him certainly.

And yes, the ceilings are 20 ft tall, so all spell effects used so far are floor to ceiling.

**************************************************************

Klarkosh's Will save vrs Slumber 1st roll (Misfortune): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Klarkosh's Will save vrs Slumber 2nd roll (Misfortune): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 (Fail.)

And Klarkosh suddenly falls asleep!

Yet, ... what's this? ... You see his mechanical arm still trying to move, and his mechanical leg flexing ... ???

(Misfortune saving the day again?!?)

**************************************************************

And as URIEL, Flame of Iomedae, suddenly seems to re-gain new life, the webs around him are all starting to catch fire!

**************************************************************

CURRENT INITIATIVE:

Top of the round.

Block 1:
Lonam Panicked! {4 of 47 HP} (Nauseated - Last round!) (Grappled) & Ilyanaro {17 of 31 HP}
DIFFICULT TERRAIN Round 6 of ???????
STINKING CLOUD or NAUSEATED: Single-move-action ONLY Round 5 of ???????

Followed by:

Block 2:
Klarkosh (Misfortune) & Blue Automaton (Dead)

Block 3:
Boudacia {11 of 37 HP} & Uriel {51 of 59 HP}
DIFFICULT TERRAIN Round 7 of ???????
STINKING CLOUD or NAUSEATED: Single-move-action ONLY Round 6 of ???????


Low Light Vision. Perception +12. Spd 30. Male Elf Evoker 6. AC 15 / T 13 / FF 13. HP 31/31. Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7; +2 vs enchantment CMB +2; CMD 14. Force Missiles (1d4+3; range 150, 8/9 remaining).

Ilyanaro stays put where he is, afraid to move in case he triggers another spinning blade trap.

He levels his staff towards the corner and prepares to launch a magic missile if the enemy wizard casts again.


Male Aasimar CG Cleric 6 | HP 47/47 (6d8+2) | Defense AC 18 (Touch 12 Flat Footed 16) | CMB: 4, CMD: 16 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | Domain: Healing | Mercy: Sickened | Spells lvl: 0- 4 1st 4 2nd 4 4th 3 ( and 1 each level for domain) ; Cure Moderate 1/1 | Channel Positive 0/8; | Spell Penetration - d20+5 | Melee +4; Morningstar 1d8; dagger 1d4; Brass Knuckles 1d3 | Ranged +5; Sling 1d4; Dagger 1d4 | Character Sheet

Lonam claws at the webs now grappling him but is ineffective.

(No CMB/CMD/swinging, just a panicked, nauseated, clawing at what he doesn't know)

5,101 to 5,150 of 5,514 << first < prev | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Character Creation All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.