The Emerald Spire

Game Master Stormstrider

BATTLE GRID

Links to all current Character in-game Races and Classes:


5,151 to 5,200 of 5,362 << first < prev | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | next > last >>

Battle Grid ***** Treasure Chart ***** Emerald Spire Skills

Klarkosh: Zzzzz ... (mechanical arm rattle) ... zzz ... (mechanical leg rattle)

(Half-man/half-construct ... ???)

And all the snow & ice suddenly go away!

******************************************************

CURRENT INITIATIVE:

Block 3:
Boudacia {11 of 37 HP} & Uriel {51 of 59 HP}
STINKING CLOUD or NAUSEATED: Single-move-action ONLY Round 7 of ???????

Followed by:

Top of the round.

Block 1:
Lonam (Panicked) (Grappled)) {4 of 47 HP} & Ilyanaro {17 of 31 HP}
STINKING CLOUD or NAUSEATED: Single-move-action ONLY Round 7 of ???????

Block 2:
Klarkosh (Misfortune) & Blue Automaton (Dead)

Block 3:
Boudacia {11 of 37 HP} & Uriel {51 of 59 HP}
STINKING CLOUD or NAUSEATED: Single-move-action ONLY Round ? of ???????

NO ONE IS NAUSEATED NOW!
FULL ROUND ACTIONS AVAILABLE TO ALL!
Except Lonam - Grappled


Low Light Vision. Perception +12. Spd 30. Male Elf Evoker 6. AC 15 / T 13 / FF 13. HP 31/31. Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7; +2 vs enchantment CMB +2; CMD 14. Force Missiles (1d4+3; range 150, 8/9 remaining).

"Can we get rid of that fog? At least the ice is stopped, how about the gas, Boudacia?"

Silver Crusade

Male Suli (Mostly Human) | LG Paladin of Iomedae 6 (Tempered Champion), Order of the Sunrise Sword (Mendev) | Speed 20 | Initiative+4 | Perception+5 | Diplomacy+13 | Sense Motive+6 | Lay on Hands [7/8] | Divine Bond (1/1) | Detect Evil (at will) | AC: 25 (Tch 14, FF 22, Armor+7, Shield+3, Dex+3, Def+1, NA+1) | Fort+13, Reflex+12, Will+11, Immune to Fear & Disease, Resist Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire 5 | CMD: 26 (BAB+6, Str+5, Dex+4, Def+1) | Hp: 65 [65/65] [10+5d10 (38)+Con (12)+FC (5)] | Melee +11/+6 1-H Longsword 1d8+12, +11/+6 Dagger 1d4+5, Ranged +10 Javelin 1d6+5 | CMB: +11/+12 w/longsword | Smite Evil [2/2] | Elemental Assault [1/1] | Character Sheet

Finally in full possession of his faculties, Uriel reverses his grip on his Longsword and plunges it into the evil creature’s torso/heart, the cleansing flame of judgement mingling with the bright glow of the bonded celestial spirit as Uriel smites Klarkosh with divine judgement.

Full round action coup de grace with bonded weapon, elemental assault, and smite.
Critical Smite Damage: 2d8 + 26 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (2, 7) + 26 + 12 + (3) = 50


Female Werebat-kin Skinwalker (Bloodmarked) CN Witch 6 | HP 37/37 (6d6+12+6FC) | Defence AC 17 (Touch 13 Flat Footed 14) [/ooc] | CMB: 2, CMD: 15/11 |FL F: +3, R: +4, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4/+6, SM: +0/+2 | Speed 30ft | Hexes Slumber - DC:19, Misfortune DC 19, | Spells: lvl0- 4 1st 5 2nd 4 3rd 2| Active conditions: None.

"Sorry Ilyanaro, no can do. I used my only Dispel Magic trying to get rid of the Stinking Cloud earlier. And we are stuck with the Barrow Haze for a few minutes too. Are you OK behind there?"


Low Light Vision. Perception +12. Spd 30. Male Elf Evoker 6. AC 15 / T 13 / FF 13. HP 31/31. Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7; +2 vs enchantment CMB +2; CMD 14. Force Missiles (1d4+3; range 150, 8/9 remaining).

"I am all right, a bit singed and battered, but all right. I used one healing potion, and luckily I spotted the spinning blade trap before stepping directly into it. How about you, how goes the fray? I cannot hear any casting, does that mean we are victorious?"


Battle Grid ***** Treasure Chart ***** Emerald Spire Skills

As Uriel, Flame of Iomedae stabs his sword into Klarkosh's torso, Klarkosh finally ceases to move!

The fire continues to spread through the webs quickly!

****************************************************

For now I'm keeping this in rounds, due to ongoing spells and effects.

CURRENT INITIATIVE:

Block 3:
Boudacia {11 of 37 HP} (You still have all actions remaining if you want) & Uriel (Already went.) {51 of 59 HP}
STINKING CLOUD or NAUSEATED: Single-move-action ONLY Round 7 of ???????

Followed by:

Top of the round.

Block 1:
Lonam (Panicked) (Grappled) {4 of 47 HP} & Ilyanaro {17 of 31 HP}
STINKING CLOUD or NAUSEATED: Single-move-action ONLY Round 7 of ???????

Block 2:
Klarkosh (Dead) & Blue Automaton (Dead)

Block 3:
Boudacia {11 of 37 HP} & Uriel {51 of 59 HP}
STINKING CLOUD or NAUSEATED: Single-move-action ONLY Round 7 of ???????

Silver Crusade

Male Suli (Mostly Human) | LG Paladin of Iomedae 6 (Tempered Champion), Order of the Sunrise Sword (Mendev) | Speed 20 | Initiative+4 | Perception+5 | Diplomacy+13 | Sense Motive+6 | Lay on Hands [7/8] | Divine Bond (1/1) | Detect Evil (at will) | AC: 25 (Tch 14, FF 22, Armor+7, Shield+3, Dex+3, Def+1, NA+1) | Fort+13, Reflex+12, Will+11, Immune to Fear & Disease, Resist Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire 5 | CMD: 26 (BAB+6, Str+5, Dex+4, Def+1) | Hp: 65 [65/65] [10+5d10 (38)+Con (12)+FC (5)] | Melee +11/+6 1-H Longsword 1d8+12, +11/+6 Dagger 1d4+5, Ranged +10 Javelin 1d6+5 | CMB: +11/+12 w/longsword | Smite Evil [2/2] | Elemental Assault [1/1] | Character Sheet

”Fear not, Klarkosh is dead,” states Uriel.


Male Aasimar CG Cleric 6 | HP 47/47 (6d8+2) | Defense AC 18 (Touch 12 Flat Footed 16) | CMB: 4, CMD: 16 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | Domain: Healing | Mercy: Sickened | Spells lvl: 0- 4 1st 4 2nd 4 4th 3 ( and 1 each level for domain) ; Cure Moderate 1/1 | Channel Positive 0/8; | Spell Penetration - d20+5 | Melee +4; Morningstar 1d8; dagger 1d4; Brass Knuckles 1d3 | Ranged +5; Sling 1d4; Dagger 1d4 | Character Sheet

Lonam snaps out of his fear and nausea, but seemingly grappled in who knows what.

"Milani, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket!"/b]

Lonam snaps out of his daze, [b]"where am I? Get me out of this sticky mess. Curse his sudden but inevitable betrayal!


Battle Grid ***** Treasure Chart ***** Emerald Spire Skills
Lonam Asri wrote:

Lonam snaps out of his fear and nausea, but seemingly grappled in who knows what.

"Milani, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket!"

Lonam snaps out of his daze, "where am I? Get me out of this sticky mess. Curse his sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Hahaha! Very funny! Thanks for the laugh! *** However, your 'fear' has not gone away. The spell has a duration of 'x' rounds per level. This is the main reason I kept us in rounds.

************************************************

Everyone, please keep in mind that all three spell templates, Stinking Cloud, Barrow Haze & Web, are still in effect! This means that Lonam is still Grappled, requiring either a CMB or Escape Artist check - or let the fire burn away the webs! And if Ilya makes the wrong move he could get grappled, or attacked by a trap! *** And this means that Boudacia, The High Priestess of Skraa-orm thagh is the only character who can see the others and whatever else is going on!

Also, we are still in rounds! So that means following the turn order! I didn't post the whole Current Initiative thing just for fun folks. Another player prior to you may do something to affect your situation before it becomes your turn.

CURRENT INITIATIVE:

Block 3:
Boudacia {11 of 37 HP} (You still have all actions remaining if you want) & Uriel (Already went.) {51 of 59 HP}
STINKING CLOUD or NAUSEATED: Single-move-action ONLY Round 7 of ???????

[ooc:
Followed by]

Top of the round.

Block 1:
Lonam (Panicked) (Grappled) {4 of 47 HP} & Ilyanaro {17 of 31 HP}
STINKING CLOUD or NAUSEATED: Single-move-action ONLY Round 7 of ???????

[Spoiler=Followed by]

Block 2:
Klarkosh (Dead) & Blue Automaton (Dead)

Block 3:
Boudacia {11 of 37 HP} & Uriel {51 of 59 HP}
STINKING CLOUD or NAUSEATED: Single-move-action ONLY Round ? of ???????


Female Werebat-kin Skinwalker (Bloodmarked) CN Witch 6 | HP 37/37 (6d6+12+6FC) | Defence AC 17 (Touch 13 Flat Footed 14) [/ooc] | CMB: 2, CMD: 15/11 |FL F: +3, R: +4, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4/+6, SM: +0/+2 | Speed 30ft | Hexes Slumber - DC:19, Misfortune DC 19, | Spells: lvl0- 4 1st 5 2nd 4 3rd 2| Active conditions: None.

"I am OK Ilyanaro. I got burned by the fireball as did Wayne, but just need some healing. I put Klaskosh to sleep and Uriel made that permanent, so yes, all the foes we know of are destroyed. We are quite separated and lacking coordination due to spells at present, so we should remain vigilant."


Low Light Vision. Perception +12. Spd 30. Male Elf Evoker 6. AC 15 / T 13 / FF 13. HP 31/31. Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7; +2 vs enchantment CMB +2; CMD 14. Force Missiles (1d4+3; range 150, 8/9 remaining).

"Agreed. I cannot see anyone else from this position, but I stand ready to cast should the need arise. Lonam? How do you fare? What is all that yelling and screaming about?"


Female Werebat-kin Skinwalker (Bloodmarked) CN Witch 6 | HP 37/37 (6d6+12+6FC) | Defence AC 17 (Touch 13 Flat Footed 14) [/ooc] | CMB: 2, CMD: 15/11 |FL F: +3, R: +4, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4/+6, SM: +0/+2 | Speed 30ft | Hexes Slumber - DC:19, Misfortune DC 19, | Spells: lvl0- 4 1st 5 2nd 4 3rd 2| Active conditions: None.

"He is caught in the Web. I am going to collect the prisoner." replies Boudacia, who then uses the Wand of CLW on herself and walks towards where the prisoner is held, Wayne on her shoulder. When she arrives she says "Klarkosh is now suffering from a bad case of death, which will hopefully make you feel safer."

CLW Boudacia: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

I can't see all the way due to the sign detailing when the spells run out. I should be able to get to around where I placed my Ikon, unless something nasty awaits me. Boudacia is now on 15/37 HPs.


Male Aasimar CG Cleric 6 | HP 47/47 (6d8+2) | Defense AC 18 (Touch 12 Flat Footed 16) | CMB: 4, CMD: 16 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | Domain: Healing | Mercy: Sickened | Spells lvl: 0- 4 1st 4 2nd 4 4th 3 ( and 1 each level for domain) ; Cure Moderate 1/1 | Channel Positive 0/8; | Spell Penetration - d20+5 | Melee +4; Morningstar 1d8; dagger 1d4; Brass Knuckles 1d3 | Ranged +5; Sling 1d4; Dagger 1d4 | Character Sheet

My thought was that anyone coming out of Fear, grappled in a web, in the pitch black, after throwing up for a while might just be a little .....disoriented! (and i got to use Firefly quotes to do it, so bonus).

CMB check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


Battle Grid ***** Treasure Chart ***** Emerald Spire Skills

Sorry. Bad migraine today and now no time before I gotta go to work, so just quickly saying, Lonam is still grappled. Is now Uriel's turn. Please feel free to proceed in order. *** And Uriel, sure, you can use the Remove Fear as you said.

Silver Crusade

Male Suli (Mostly Human) | LG Paladin of Iomedae 6 (Tempered Champion), Order of the Sunrise Sword (Mendev) | Speed 20 | Initiative+4 | Perception+5 | Diplomacy+13 | Sense Motive+6 | Lay on Hands [7/8] | Divine Bond (1/1) | Detect Evil (at will) | AC: 25 (Tch 14, FF 22, Armor+7, Shield+3, Dex+3, Def+1, NA+1) | Fort+13, Reflex+12, Will+11, Immune to Fear & Disease, Resist Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire 5 | CMD: 26 (BAB+6, Str+5, Dex+4, Def+1) | Hp: 65 [65/65] [10+5d10 (38)+Con (12)+FC (5)] | Melee +11/+6 1-H Longsword 1d8+12, +11/+6 Dagger 1d4+5, Ranged +10 Javelin 1d6+5 | CMB: +11/+12 w/longsword | Smite Evil [2/2] | Elemental Assault [1/1] | Character Sheet

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Uriel hears Lonam’s speech and realizes he is panicked (but doesn’t intuit Ilyanaro’s fear since he is only shaken). Drawing power from the holy armor he wears, Uriel focuses on Lonam’s voice and intones with magically enhanced words, ”Fear no more, Lonam” (remove fear spell suppresses fear for 10 minutes).

As the flaming sword on his breastplate fades, Uriel wipes his own sword off and returns it to his scabbard, looking down at the dead Klarkosh.


Battle Grid ***** Treasure Chart ***** Emerald Spire Skills

The nauseating cloud finally disappears as well.
-

*************** Boudacia ***************

Boudacia has no trouble getting back to where the lost wizard, Jharun was left, and she finds him there contentedly gnawing on a piece of a trail rations. He seems to be much calmer now, though obviously quite glad to see her back. He looks at her with a question on his face, and in a sudden torrent of non-stop questions, "Where is the rest of your group? Is everything okay? And what has been going on out and about in the world? What is the date? How long have I been down here? Has anyone from the Goldenfire Order noticed we were missing? What's been happening in Thornkeep? Where are you from?" ... and it would seem that he is not going to stop until Boudacia stops him, interrupting him by starting to answer some of the questions.

Boudacia, no need to actually try to answer Jharun, that was just for flavor. You have a full round of actions on your turn.
-

*************** Ilya ***************

Ilya, can see the area to the northwest of him has finally cleared of that foul-smelling cloud and there are no webs in that direction. He can also see some flames to the southeast. What should he do?

Ilya, you are still in difficult terrain, so 10 ft of movement if you want to move to that empty square to the northwest, and after that normal movement as long as you stay out of the webs. And despite Uriel's comment, you are no longer shaken. You have a full round of actions on your turn.
-

*************** Lonam ***************

Still stuck firmly in the webs, but feeling less afraid, Lonam can tell there seems to be a ... wall? of light? maybe of flames by the sound of it? That seems to be heading his way quickly from the east. He realizes that if he doesn't manage to get out of these webs quickly, he is probably going to be engulfed in those flames! But, what direction to try to move in? Even if he can get out of the webs he is currently in, he can see they surround him completely, and beyond the immediate 5 ft surrounding him, he has no idea now far the webs extend or which is the best direction to go in?

Lonam, still grappled. Again, CMB or Escape artist vrs DC 17 as a Standard action to get free. Or you can use your standard action for other things as long as Somatic components aren't needed (Cough! Cough! Hint! Cough! Channel! Cough!). If you choose to try to free yourself and are successful, then you have to make another CMB or Escape artist vrs DC 17 to be able to move through the webs. If you fail you get grappled again in the very first square you move into. And remember that movement costs are still doubled due to Difficult Terrain caused by the webs.
-

*************** Uriel ***************

Seeing the flames quickly burning away the webs, Uriel realizes his movement shall be easier, but he still can't see through this blasted necromantic fog ...

Uriel, You have a full round of actions on your turn. Heads-up: Ilya was only shaken for 1 round as per the RAW of the Fear spell.

***********************************************************

CURRENT INITIATIVE:

Top of the round.

Block 1:
Lonam {4 of 47 HP}(Grappled) & Ilyanaro {17 of 31 HP}

Followed by:

Block 2:
Klarkosh (Dead) & Blue Automaton (Dead) *** Fire spreads.

Block 3:
Boudacia {15 of 37 HP} & Uriel {51 of 59 HP}


Low Light Vision. Perception +12. Spd 30. Male Elf Evoker 6. AC 15 / T 13 / FF 13. HP 31/31. Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7; +2 vs enchantment CMB +2; CMD 14. Force Missiles (1d4+3; range 150, 8/9 remaining).

"Lonam, you are caught in a web spell, and it is on fire. Move back the way we came in, and you should be fine."

Ilyanaro steps to the north and wishes he had a pyrotechnics spell prepared.


Male Aasimar CG Cleric 6 | HP 47/47 (6d8+2) | Defense AC 18 (Touch 12 Flat Footed 16) | CMB: 4, CMD: 16 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | Domain: Healing | Mercy: Sickened | Spells lvl: 0- 4 1st 4 2nd 4 4th 3 ( and 1 each level for domain) ; Cure Moderate 1/1 | Channel Positive 0/8; | Spell Penetration - d20+5 | Melee +4; Morningstar 1d8; dagger 1d4; Brass Knuckles 1d3 | Ranged +5; Sling 1d4; Dagger 1d4 | Character Sheet

channel: 5d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 5, 2, 3) = 17


Female Werebat-kin Skinwalker (Bloodmarked) CN Witch 6 | HP 37/37 (6d6+12+6FC) | Defence AC 17 (Touch 13 Flat Footed 14) [/ooc] | CMB: 2, CMD: 15/11 |FL F: +3, R: +4, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4/+6, SM: +0/+2 | Speed 30ft | Hexes Slumber - DC:19, Misfortune DC 19, | Spells: lvl0- 4 1st 5 2nd 4 3rd 2| Active conditions: None.

"One question at a time please Jharun. Everything is fine and we can take you home presently. The other three are in the room Klarkosh and his automatons occupied. Klarkosh is dead and the only active automaton destroyed. It was a desperate and hard fought battle however. The room is still affected by spells; Stinking Cloud: Web: and Barrow Haze. So my friends can't move, breathe or see freely. Give it a little time and the spell effects will fade and my friends will be able to move around normally and our healer will mend our hurts. Things were looking rather less rosy a minute ago, that Klarkosh was one dangerous mother..uh.. individual. Not only has your absence been noted by the Goldenfire Order, that organisation offered us a reward if we could find your group. Now, what else would you like to know?" answers Boudacia cheerfully. The witch is in excellent spirits now Klarkosh has been downed largely due to her putting him asleep.

Silver Crusade

Male Suli (Mostly Human) | LG Paladin of Iomedae 6 (Tempered Champion), Order of the Sunrise Sword (Mendev) | Speed 20 | Initiative+4 | Perception+5 | Diplomacy+13 | Sense Motive+6 | Lay on Hands [7/8] | Divine Bond (1/1) | Detect Evil (at will) | AC: 25 (Tch 14, FF 22, Armor+7, Shield+3, Dex+3, Def+1, NA+1) | Fort+13, Reflex+12, Will+11, Immune to Fear & Disease, Resist Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire 5 | CMD: 26 (BAB+6, Str+5, Dex+4, Def+1) | Hp: 65 [65/65] [10+5d10 (38)+Con (12)+FC (5)] | Melee +11/+6 1-H Longsword 1d8+12, +11/+6 Dagger 1d4+5, Ranged +10 Javelin 1d6+5 | CMB: +11/+12 w/longsword | Smite Evil [2/2] | Elemental Assault [1/1] | Character Sheet

"Sorry about setting the webs on fire," says Uriel, "It seemed the best way to get free and execute Klarkosh."

"Let me send some healing your way," offers Uriel.

Channel Energy to Heal in 30' radius (costs 2 LOH): 3d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 6) = 10


Male Aasimar CG Cleric 6 | HP 47/47 (6d8+2) | Defense AC 18 (Touch 12 Flat Footed 16) | CMB: 4, CMD: 16 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | Domain: Healing | Mercy: Sickened | Spells lvl: 0- 4 1st 4 2nd 4 4th 3 ( and 1 each level for domain) ; Cure Moderate 1/1 | Channel Positive 0/8; | Spell Penetration - d20+5 | Melee +4; Morningstar 1d8; dagger 1d4; Brass Knuckles 1d3 | Ranged +5; Sling 1d4; Dagger 1d4 | Character Sheet

sorry I was on the road and have finally sat down for a meal and hot coffee. the channel was my next action


Battle Grid ***** Treasure Chart ***** Emerald Spire Skills
Ilyanaro Balmaris wrote:
... Ilyanaro steps to the north and wishes he had a pyrotechnics spell prepared.

Ilya? I'm guessing/hoping that you meant northWEST correct? Cause plain straight north, just moves you into more webs, webs that are quickly burning your way! I'm going to wave DM hands and say that you meant northwest. Your welcome. ;)

Lonam sends out waves of healing energy and he, Ilya & Uriel feel better.

The fire keeps spreading, burning rapidly through the webs! Lonam sees the flames quite clearly now, and realizes he is in some serious danger from those fires! Fires 'spread' on the map.

Sensing that one of his companions may still be in danger due to the fire spreading through the webs, Uriel also sends out healing waves, helping Ilya & Lonam feel better. (Uriel would already be at full HP.)

Boudacia blabs with the mage. ;-)

CURRENT INITIATIVE:

Top of the round.

Block 1:
Lonam {31 of 47 HP} (Grappled) & Ilyanaro {31 of 31 HP}

Followed by:

Block 2:
Klarkosh (Dead) & Blue Automaton (Dead) *** Fire spreads.

Block 3:
Boudacia {15 of 37 HP} & Uriel {59 of 59 HP}

If we could just get Lonam ungrappled/unentangled, then we could go ahead out of Initiatives, but he is in danger from the burning webs, especially so while grappled by those very same webs. THIS WILL BE RESOLVED ONE WAY OR ANOTHER DURING THIS ROUND WHEN THOSE FLAMES ADVANCE ONE MORE SQUARE IF LONAM IS STILL GRAPPLED THERE. AT LEAST HE HAS HEALED ENOUGH THAT HE WILL MOST LIKELY SURVIVE - BUT NO GUARANTEE! :-O


Low Light Vision. Perception +12. Spd 30. Male Elf Evoker 6. AC 15 / T 13 / FF 13. HP 31/31. Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7; +2 vs enchantment CMB +2; CMD 14. Force Missiles (1d4+3; range 150, 8/9 remaining).

"Lonam, use some fire protection magic if you have the spells prepared Otherwise, you are about to become rather warm. I have nothing to prevent the burning or render aid at this time."

Yes, meant NW. Thanks, GM


Battle Grid ***** Treasure Chart ***** Emerald Spire Skills

Okay, since we are kind of 'stuck-in-a-limbo' here, I double checked Lonam's character sheet and I see nothing to protect him from fire in any manner. At the same time I realized that even if he should get max damage he would easily survive, so, in the interest of moving forward somewhat at least, I'll do the damage from the burning webs, webs will finish burning out, Boudacia's necromantic haze will finally dissipate, and all ongoing spell effects will be finished!

The fire continues its spread through the webs finally reaching Lonam! He cries out in pain as he gets burnt!

Fire damage to Lonam: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8

Seriously? What are the odds? Sorry that I jinxed you by mentioning max damage Lonam! Oops! *** The good news is that Lonam is no longer grappled! The bad news is that Lonam is no longer grappled. - Hahaha! Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Everyone is now free to explore the room further or do what you will.

There is a set of double-wide doors to the east and a door to the north. Or back in the previous room (F5) there is a set of double-wide doors to the south, or in the first room (F8) there is a door heading east.

There are also the levers on the wall. In this room there is a black lever in the downward position, and a red lever in the middle position. Or the black lever back in the first room (F8), which lever is also in the downward position.

And Klarkosh's body.

Anything else in this room???

OUT OF INITIATIVE!

Silver Crusade

Male Suli (Mostly Human) | LG Paladin of Iomedae 6 (Tempered Champion), Order of the Sunrise Sword (Mendev) | Speed 20 | Initiative+4 | Perception+5 | Diplomacy+13 | Sense Motive+6 | Lay on Hands [7/8] | Divine Bond (1/1) | Detect Evil (at will) | AC: 25 (Tch 14, FF 22, Armor+7, Shield+3, Dex+3, Def+1, NA+1) | Fort+13, Reflex+12, Will+11, Immune to Fear & Disease, Resist Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire 5 | CMD: 26 (BAB+6, Str+5, Dex+4, Def+1) | Hp: 65 [65/65] [10+5d10 (38)+Con (12)+FC (5)] | Melee +11/+6 1-H Longsword 1d8+12, +11/+6 Dagger 1d4+5, Ranged +10 Javelin 1d6+5 | CMB: +11/+12 w/longsword | Smite Evil [2/2] | Elemental Assault [1/1] | Character Sheet

If that blade trap is still spinning, Uriel will call out, ”Any ideas how to shut these blades off?”. Once that is done (if possible) he will bring the body back over to the smart people.


Low Light Vision. Perception +12. Spd 30. Male Elf Evoker 6. AC 15 / T 13 / FF 13. HP 31/31. Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7; +2 vs enchantment CMB +2; CMD 14. Force Missiles (1d4+3; range 150, 8/9 remaining).

"I would imagine the levers have some relationship with the traps. There is a similar one to the north where I almost strode, and the levers on either end of the room. Perhaps we regroup and investigate, then choose how to manipulate them?"

Ilynaro casts detect magic and scans the room and Klarkosh, checking for hidden doors, alcoves, or other tricky spots.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27


Male Aasimar CG Cleric 6 | HP 47/47 (6d8+2) | Defense AC 18 (Touch 12 Flat Footed 16) | CMB: 4, CMD: 16 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | Domain: Healing | Mercy: Sickened | Spells lvl: 0- 4 1st 4 2nd 4 4th 3 ( and 1 each level for domain) ; Cure Moderate 1/1 | Channel Positive 0/8; | Spell Penetration - d20+5 | Melee +4; Morningstar 1d8; dagger 1d4; Brass Knuckles 1d3 | Ranged +5; Sling 1d4; Dagger 1d4 | Character Sheet

Seeing that everyone else is healed, Lonam casts Cure Moderate wounds on himself.

heal: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (4, 2) + 6 = 12
(+6 for empowered=18 healing)


Male Aasimar CG Cleric 6 | HP 47/47 (6d8+2) | Defense AC 18 (Touch 12 Flat Footed 16) | CMB: 4, CMD: 16 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | Domain: Healing | Mercy: Sickened | Spells lvl: 0- 4 1st 4 2nd 4 4th 3 ( and 1 each level for domain) ; Cure Moderate 1/1 | Channel Positive 0/8; | Spell Penetration - d20+5 | Melee +4; Morningstar 1d8; dagger 1d4; Brass Knuckles 1d3 | Ranged +5; Sling 1d4; Dagger 1d4 | Character Sheet

Lonam moves to the rear wall and pulls the red lever down.bac


Battle Grid ***** Treasure Chart ***** Emerald Spire Skills
Ilyanaro Balmaris wrote:

"... and the levers on either end of the room. ..."

To be clear, the two levers in this room, are BOTH side by side, on the western wall! The red dot and the black dot? Those are the levers. I have placed some bright red/yellow arrows next to the levers that have been found so far. *** GET USED TO WATCHING FOR THESE DOTS/LEVERS ON THIS LEVEL!!! You will NOT be able to complete the level without investigating these!

Lonam, thanks for literally 'stepping-up' with moving that lever!

When Lonam pulls down on the red lever, all of you hear the sounds of gears turning and what seems to be large objects of ... stone? Metal? not sure ... moving around you, coming from the East, North & South!

Oh! And yes, the blade trap is still spinning. No on has disabled it as of yet!


Male Aasimar CG Cleric 6 | HP 47/47 (6d8+2) | Defense AC 18 (Touch 12 Flat Footed 16) | CMB: 4, CMD: 16 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | Domain: Healing | Mercy: Sickened | Spells lvl: 0- 4 1st 4 2nd 4 4th 3 ( and 1 each level for domain) ; Cure Moderate 1/1 | Channel Positive 0/8; | Spell Penetration - d20+5 | Melee +4; Morningstar 1d8; dagger 1d4; Brass Knuckles 1d3 | Ranged +5; Sling 1d4; Dagger 1d4 | Character Sheet

Lonam pulls down on the black lever. (Sorry for being slow, Uriel insisted that we visit the "Pandemonium" camp last night, I don't remember much and I have strange marks on one hand.)


Low Light Vision. Perception +12. Spd 30. Male Elf Evoker 6. AC 15 / T 13 / FF 13. HP 31/31. Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7; +2 vs enchantment CMB +2; CMD 14. Force Missiles (1d4+3; range 150, 8/9 remaining).

"I do not know how to disable this spinning blade trap, but perhaps could damage the machinery with magic. Do we wish to simply avoid it, for the time being?"

Ilyanaro joins Lonam at the levers and tries to see if there are any markings or indications at all.

Silver Crusade

Male Suli (Mostly Human) | LG Paladin of Iomedae 6 (Tempered Champion), Order of the Sunrise Sword (Mendev) | Speed 20 | Initiative+4 | Perception+5 | Diplomacy+13 | Sense Motive+6 | Lay on Hands [7/8] | Divine Bond (1/1) | Detect Evil (at will) | AC: 25 (Tch 14, FF 22, Armor+7, Shield+3, Dex+3, Def+1, NA+1) | Fort+13, Reflex+12, Will+11, Immune to Fear & Disease, Resist Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire 5 | CMD: 26 (BAB+6, Str+5, Dex+4, Def+1) | Hp: 65 [65/65] [10+5d10 (38)+Con (12)+FC (5)] | Melee +11/+6 1-H Longsword 1d8+12, +11/+6 Dagger 1d4+5, Ranged +10 Javelin 1d6+5 | CMB: +11/+12 w/longsword | Smite Evil [2/2] | Elemental Assault [1/1] | Character Sheet
Lonam Asri wrote:
Lonam pulls down on the black lever. (Sorry for being slow, Uriel insisted that we visit the "Pandemonium" camp last night, I don't remember much and I have strange marks on one hand.)

Uriel is much too pure and innocent to go to such a pirate party...Now his player, on the other hand....is pure and innocent too—what did you think I was going to type?

If no levers stop the whirling blades, Uriel will draw his adamantine Longsword and start trying to shear off the whirling blades one at a time, hoping the adamantine will slice the steel like a hot knife through butter.


Female Werebat-kin Skinwalker (Bloodmarked) CN Witch 6 | HP 37/37 (6d6+12+6FC) | Defence AC 17 (Touch 13 Flat Footed 14) [/ooc] | CMB: 2, CMD: 15/11 |FL F: +3, R: +4, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4/+6, SM: +0/+2 | Speed 30ft | Hexes Slumber - DC:19, Misfortune DC 19, | Spells: lvl0- 4 1st 5 2nd 4 3rd 2| Active conditions: None.

Boudacia will bring Jharun into the room where the battle with Klarkosh took place if he is willing to come.

"You wouldn't happen to know how to stop those blades whirling would you Jharun? I can't stop them I am sorry. I am almost out of spells and I would think others are too. I would think this indicates we are going to have to find a spot to sleep in here or escort Jharun back to Fort Inevitable. I favour the second."

Boudacia, who is still somewhat injured, begins to cautiously search the room, sweeping it with Detect Magic while so doing.

Uriel of Mendev wrote:
Lonam Asri wrote:
Lonam pulls down on the black lever. (Sorry for being slow, Uriel insisted that we visit the "Pandemonium" camp last night, I don't remember much and I have strange marks on one hand.)

Uriel is much too pure and innocent to go to such a pirate party...Now his player, on the other hand....is pure and innocent too—what did you think I was going to type?

Not sure Uriel. But both of you can't be right. Hmmm. In any event I hope the sore heads pass.


Battle Grid ***** Treasure Chart ***** Emerald Spire Skills
Lonam Asri wrote:
Lonam pulls down on the black lever. (Sorry for being slow, Uriel insisted that we visit the "Pandemonium" camp last night, I don't remember much and I have strange marks on one hand.)

Well, I seriously doubt anyone forced you to do whatever you did that you can't seem to remember, whether drinking, or otherwise. So ... can't lay the entire blame on Uriel! Hahaha!

****************************************************

When the somewhat confused Lonam tries to pull down on the black lever nothing seems to happen, but he then realizes the black lever was already in the downward position, and has not budged at all. ;-)

He then decides to move it up to the middle position, and once again everyone hears the sounds of gears turning and what seems to be large objects of ... stone? Metal? not sure ... moving around you, coming from the East, North & South! ... But wait, there was something slightly different! But you can't quite put your finger on it.

Search as he may, Ilya finds no markings of any kind on or near the levers.

Uriel's newly acquired sword makes short stubs of the blades on the trap in very quick order! Now the post is there just spinning around unable to do anything.

Then Boudacia walks in with Jharun in tow. Upon seeing all the automatons in the alcoves, Jharun suddenly screams and runs in fear back the way he came! Boudacia is able to turn quickly enough to see he turns back North from the previous room, heading back in the same direction as his cell.

When Boudacia scans the room for magic, some of Klarkosh's equipment glows! But that is all.

You will find; potion of cure moderate wounds, wand of magic missile (CL 3rd, 25 charges), mwk dagger, belt of mighty constitution +2, cloak of resistance +1, Spire transport token, a key & 273 gp.


Female Werebat-kin Skinwalker (Bloodmarked) CN Witch 6 | HP 37/37 (6d6+12+6FC) | Defence AC 17 (Touch 13 Flat Footed 14) [/ooc] | CMB: 2, CMD: 15/11 |FL F: +3, R: +4, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4/+6, SM: +0/+2 | Speed 30ft | Hexes Slumber - DC:19, Misfortune DC 19, | Spells: lvl0- 4 1st 5 2nd 4 3rd 2| Active conditions: None.

Boudacia follows Jharun out of the room and when close enough to converse says "It is alright Jharun. Those automata are inactive, they can't harm you or anyone else. You have certainly had a grim time imprisonned here, have you not?" Boudacia concludes her sympathetic words laying a friendly hand on Jharun"s arm.

Silver Crusade

Male Suli (Mostly Human) | LG Paladin of Iomedae 6 (Tempered Champion), Order of the Sunrise Sword (Mendev) | Speed 20 | Initiative+4 | Perception+5 | Diplomacy+13 | Sense Motive+6 | Lay on Hands [7/8] | Divine Bond (1/1) | Detect Evil (at will) | AC: 25 (Tch 14, FF 22, Armor+7, Shield+3, Dex+3, Def+1, NA+1) | Fort+13, Reflex+12, Will+11, Immune to Fear & Disease, Resist Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire 5 | CMD: 26 (BAB+6, Str+5, Dex+4, Def+1) | Hp: 65 [65/65] [10+5d10 (38)+Con (12)+FC (5)] | Melee +11/+6 1-H Longsword 1d8+12, +11/+6 Dagger 1d4+5, Ranged +10 Javelin 1d6+5 | CMB: +11/+12 w/longsword | Smite Evil [2/2] | Elemental Assault [1/1] | Character Sheet

"Can anyone use these items?" asks Uriel after they are identified. "I could certainly use an item or two, but perhaps you may need the belt more if you are casting that 'shield other' spell on me, Lonam," he adds.


Low Light Vision. Perception +12. Spd 30. Male Elf Evoker 6. AC 15 / T 13 / FF 13. HP 31/31. Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7; +2 vs enchantment CMB +2; CMD 14. Force Missiles (1d4+3; range 150, 8/9 remaining).

"The wand will prove useful. A more powerful version of my standard attack magic, and useable at the flick of a wrist. I imagine the key will unlock some door or other on this level."


Battle Grid ***** Treasure Chart ***** Emerald Spire Skills

When Ilya looks at the key, something strikes him as being familiar. He asks to look at the key they found in the nice bedroom (F9) and comparing them he realizes they seem to be exact duplicates.

Silver Crusade

Male Suli (Mostly Human) | LG Paladin of Iomedae 6 (Tempered Champion), Order of the Sunrise Sword (Mendev) | Speed 20 | Initiative+4 | Perception+5 | Diplomacy+13 | Sense Motive+6 | Lay on Hands [7/8] | Divine Bond (1/1) | Detect Evil (at will) | AC: 25 (Tch 14, FF 22, Armor+7, Shield+3, Dex+3, Def+1, NA+1) | Fort+13, Reflex+12, Will+11, Immune to Fear & Disease, Resist Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire 5 | CMD: 26 (BAB+6, Str+5, Dex+4, Def+1) | Hp: 65 [65/65] [10+5d10 (38)+Con (12)+FC (5)] | Melee +11/+6 1-H Longsword 1d8+12, +11/+6 Dagger 1d4+5, Ranged +10 Javelin 1d6+5 | CMB: +11/+12 w/longsword | Smite Evil [2/2] | Elemental Assault [1/1] | Character Sheet

”How many Spire tokens do we have now?” asks Uriel, adding ”Can we get our rescued Goldenfire wizard back home where he can be properly cared for?” Uriel looks towards the retreating back of the panicked man with sympathy.


Low Light Vision. Perception +12. Spd 30. Male Elf Evoker 6. AC 15 / T 13 / FF 13. HP 31/31. Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7; +2 vs enchantment CMB +2; CMD 14. Force Missiles (1d4+3; range 150, 8/9 remaining).

"I believe we have three tokens now. If Jharun knows the language, that would be sufficient to teleport everyone out."


Battle Grid ***** Treasure Chart ***** Emerald Spire Skills

You should have 4 spire Transport Tokens now. 2 that you came in with, 1 found in the desk in F9, and now 1 on Klarkosh's corpse.

****************************************

I do want to point out, on that last movement of levers, I did give a clue, but no one has said anything or attempted to follow up on that. *** I realize trying to decide what to do about the lost mage is something of an issue that needs to be dealt with as well, however. Your call, but ... can we please do some actual decision making? Don't overthink this! You DO NOT have enough info on the levers as of yet to make any kind of resolution there.


Male Aasimar CG Cleric 6 | HP 47/47 (6d8+2) | Defense AC 18 (Touch 12 Flat Footed 16) | CMB: 4, CMD: 16 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | Domain: Healing | Mercy: Sickened | Spells lvl: 0- 4 1st 4 2nd 4 4th 3 ( and 1 each level for domain) ; Cure Moderate 1/1 | Channel Positive 0/8; | Spell Penetration - d20+5 | Melee +4; Morningstar 1d8; dagger 1d4; Brass Knuckles 1d3 | Ranged +5; Sling 1d4; Dagger 1d4 | Character Sheet

"Maybe someone should stand in a doorway while I move these levers up and down so we can see if walls are moving? And perhaps worry about dividing the treasure after we secure this dungeon level?"


Female Werebat-kin Skinwalker (Bloodmarked) CN Witch 6 | HP 37/37 (6d6+12+6FC) | Defence AC 17 (Touch 13 Flat Footed 14) [/ooc] | CMB: 2, CMD: 15/11 |FL F: +3, R: +4, W: +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +4/+6, SM: +0/+2 | Speed 30ft | Hexes Slumber - DC:19, Misfortune DC 19, | Spells: lvl0- 4 1st 5 2nd 4 3rd 2| Active conditions: None.

"I believe we should escort Jharun back to Fort Inevitable. We might as well go as soon as we have finished in that room. I am nearly out of spells. And I don't have much use for any of Klarkosh's items. If anyone can speak with the dead can you abuse him for me."says a disembodied voice that sounds rather like Boudacia.

Silver Crusade

Male Suli (Mostly Human) | LG Paladin of Iomedae 6 (Tempered Champion), Order of the Sunrise Sword (Mendev) | Speed 20 | Initiative+4 | Perception+5 | Diplomacy+13 | Sense Motive+6 | Lay on Hands [7/8] | Divine Bond (1/1) | Detect Evil (at will) | AC: 25 (Tch 14, FF 22, Armor+7, Shield+3, Dex+3, Def+1, NA+1) | Fort+13, Reflex+12, Will+11, Immune to Fear & Disease, Resist Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire 5 | CMD: 26 (BAB+6, Str+5, Dex+4, Def+1) | Hp: 65 [65/65] [10+5d10 (38)+Con (12)+FC (5)] | Melee +11/+6 1-H Longsword 1d8+12, +11/+6 Dagger 1d4+5, Ranged +10 Javelin 1d6+5 | CMB: +11/+12 w/longsword | Smite Evil [2/2] | Elemental Assault [1/1] | Character Sheet

"Let's head back to Fort Inevitable with Jharun now, make sure he is safe, rest up a bit, then come back here fresh tomorrow," suggests Uriel.

"As for the items, someone should benefit from them now, even if we don't divide them up until later. I'll put on this belt and someone should wear the cloak." he concludes.


Male Aasimar CG Cleric 6 | HP 47/47 (6d8+2) | Defense AC 18 (Touch 12 Flat Footed 16) | CMB: 4, CMD: 16 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8, SM: +10 | Speed 20ft | Domain: Healing | Mercy: Sickened | Spells lvl: 0- 4 1st 4 2nd 4 4th 3 ( and 1 each level for domain) ; Cure Moderate 1/1 | Channel Positive 0/8; | Spell Penetration - d20+5 | Melee +4; Morningstar 1d8; dagger 1d4; Brass Knuckles 1d3 | Ranged +5; Sling 1d4; Dagger 1d4 | Character Sheet

Lonam shrugs, "I was under the impression we would clear the level before withdrawing, but as you wish."

Silver Crusade

Male Suli (Mostly Human) | LG Paladin of Iomedae 6 (Tempered Champion), Order of the Sunrise Sword (Mendev) | Speed 20 | Initiative+4 | Perception+5 | Diplomacy+13 | Sense Motive+6 | Lay on Hands [7/8] | Divine Bond (1/1) | Detect Evil (at will) | AC: 25 (Tch 14, FF 22, Armor+7, Shield+3, Dex+3, Def+1, NA+1) | Fort+13, Reflex+12, Will+11, Immune to Fear & Disease, Resist Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire 5 | CMD: 26 (BAB+6, Str+5, Dex+4, Def+1) | Hp: 65 [65/65] [10+5d10 (38)+Con (12)+FC (5)] | Melee +11/+6 1-H Longsword 1d8+12, +11/+6 Dagger 1d4+5, Ranged +10 Javelin 1d6+5 | CMB: +11/+12 w/longsword | Smite Evil [2/2] | Elemental Assault [1/1] | Character Sheet

Moving over to Lonam for a more private conversation, Uriel says, "We have a rescued wizard of uncertain sanity and spellcasters short on magic. I would prefer to keep going, especially if we can rescue the other wizard and return them both at the same time, but I have found it best to keep the smart ones happy."


Low Light Vision. Perception +12. Spd 30. Male Elf Evoker 6. AC 15 / T 13 / FF 13. HP 31/31. Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7; +2 vs enchantment CMB +2; CMD 14. Force Missiles (1d4+3; range 150, 8/9 remaining).

"With Klarkosh defeated, perhaps we could retire to the well appointed living space he recently called his own. This would allow us to remain on scene, in case the other missing person turns up, and keeps our rescue in close contact. Should he require medical assistance, of course."

"I am curious about these levers. They obviously move and displace heavy things out of sight. I wonder if we could experiment a bit and determine just what each pull or push accomplishes."

Silver Crusade

Male Suli (Mostly Human) | LG Paladin of Iomedae 6 (Tempered Champion), Order of the Sunrise Sword (Mendev) | Speed 20 | Initiative+4 | Perception+5 | Diplomacy+13 | Sense Motive+6 | Lay on Hands [7/8] | Divine Bond (1/1) | Detect Evil (at will) | AC: 25 (Tch 14, FF 22, Armor+7, Shield+3, Dex+3, Def+1, NA+1) | Fort+13, Reflex+12, Will+11, Immune to Fear & Disease, Resist Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire 5 | CMD: 26 (BAB+6, Str+5, Dex+4, Def+1) | Hp: 65 [65/65] [10+5d10 (38)+Con (12)+FC (5)] | Melee +11/+6 1-H Longsword 1d8+12, +11/+6 Dagger 1d4+5, Ranged +10 Javelin 1d6+5 | CMB: +11/+12 w/longsword | Smite Evil [2/2] | Elemental Assault [1/1] | Character Sheet

”That sounds good to me too, Ilyanaro. I am okay with either plan,” Uriel chimes in, obviously leaving the decision to the smart people.


Battle Grid ***** Treasure Chart ***** Emerald Spire Skills

Fast-forward. Party rest's in nice bedroom. Night passes uneventfully. Spells regained. Everybody at full HP. Presto!

Explore! Experiment! Move this game forward please!


Low Light Vision. Perception +12. Spd 30. Male Elf Evoker 6. AC 15 / T 13 / FF 13. HP 31/31. Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7; +2 vs enchantment CMB +2; CMD 14. Force Missiles (1d4+3; range 150, 8/9 remaining).

"Okay, I have a plan. I believe we should open all the doors we can, and try to get as clean a line of sight as possible from the lever positions. That way, we can see if something specifically happens, and what that might be. I propose we begin at the eastern door from where we first entered, and continue in that fashion. Any objections or suggestions?"

5,151 to 5,200 of 5,362 << first < prev | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Character Creation All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.