The Cult of Shadows

Game Master turnip_head

World Map: Vauntil Hinterlands

Battle Map: Crypt Ritual Chamber

Crypt Map: Crypt Map

Vauntil: Map - Site


351 to 385 of 385 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

HP: 18/18 || AC 18 (touch 12, flat 16) || F/R/W +4/+2/+1 Init +2, Perception +4

"He told us all he knew. He is of no help to us anymore. Let me repay him for this children. I am willing to carry his blood on my hands, and his pitiful soul on my conscience." - Iliy brandishes his great axe, but holds it steady, waiting for the reply of his comrades. For him this was a simple matter - this man did not deserve to leave. The barbarian simply did not care about the tough and unfair childhood or whatever else this creature could invoke. He was guilty as hell, and he deserved to be judged by Pharasma.

While waiting from the replies of his friends, Iliya directs necromancer to undress completely, removing everything he had while having absolutely no qualms in seeing the man naked.

"Pray for little soul you have left creature, cause you do not deserve to live at all, and I shall end you!"


Male CN Human Outlaw Operative | SP 28/28 HP 28/28 | RP 5/5 | EAC 18; KAC 18 VS Combat Maneuvers 26| Fort +2; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Nilan places a hand on Iliya's shoulder Stay your axe, Master Kellid, I would not deny the mothers of Vauntil a chance to see justice done. The Lady of Graves is a patient mistress. Nilan moves over to the cages, eager to free the remaining children.


AC14, touch 12, FF12, HP 9/[9], Fort:+4 ;Ref:+5 ;Will+2, Init +2, Perc +5 (+6 vs traps), Sen Mot +0 Bombs 5/[5] Male Ustalav Human Alchemist (Chirurgeon/Cyrptbreaker)/2

Mathis appears to be of the same mind as the barbarian but respects the priests wishes.


Male Catfolk Rogue 1, 60' low light vision, Perception +6, AC 15/ T 13/ FF 12, HP 8/8, Fort 0, Ref +6, Will 0

Mathus, can you help me get this thing open? I'm curious, and you know what they say....

Stephan moves over to the sarcophagus, inspecting it for how it opens safely.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Disable Device: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


AC14, touch 12, FF12, HP 9/[9], Fort:+4 ;Ref:+5 ;Will+2, Init +2, Perc +5 (+6 vs traps), Sen Mot +0 Bombs 5/[5] Male Ustalav Human Alchemist (Chirurgeon/Cyrptbreaker)/2

Take 20 perception = 26
Disable device = 27


Individual Experience Total: 1100/1300

Nathanos responds reluctantly to the barbarian's demands, holding off as long he as can. "You've removed everything I posses but my robes, and now you demand those too?" He finally gets to disrobing. As the cloth drops to the floor, you can't help but to be amazed by the markings on his flesh. His body is covered from neck to toe in black writings of an unfamiliar origin. The pattern is almost artistic. The words come together around his heart in the shape of a dense spiral. Where the skin is clear of ink it seems to be covered by scaring. "Father wanted me to keep this knowledge forever..." he says, glancing down to take in the dark tapestry.

Abyssal:
The writing seems to be indicative of rituals and prayers dedicated to Orcus and his necromantic spells.

Stephan - The sarcophagus is simple in construction, but intricate in detail. Scried about the stone prison are warnings written in various languages detailing the dangers of the contents therein. In common, you read, "Herein lies the vile and damned Deuston de Mon, defiler of the dead, necromancer to the Prince of Undeath, and founder of the Cult of Shadows. Under no circumstances should the seal be broken. Only death could come of it." Above the writing, centered at the top of the stone lid, you find what appears to be a key slot, but it is shaped uniquely like a heptagram with an deep slot in the center shaped like the the Pharasman spiral.

LOOT
Nathanos:
• Deep purple crystals, look valuable
• Masterwork Heavy Mace
• Dagger
• Keyring
• Silver chain with silver holy symbol (Orcus)
• Scroll of Animate Dead, Lesser
• Ring of Protection +1
• Chain Shirt
• Light Wooden Shield
• Robes of Orcus
Varidius:
• Heavy Mace
• Robes of Orcus
Skeletons:
• 3 Shortbow
• 15 arrows

430 Experience Each


Male Pitborn Tiefling Abyssal Sorcerer 1 (HP 6/9, AC 16*/ff15*/t13*, Per +1. Init +3, F+4*, R+3*, W+3*. *Protection from Evil)

Pyotr looks Nathanos over. "It would say that, wouldn't it?"

At the moment, Pyotr looks around, unsure of the proceedings. "The markings look like prayers, spells perhaps. I'm no wizard, I'm not entirely certain."

Looking Nathanos in the eye, he adds, "We witnessed you kill children in front of our eyes. Do not think for one moment that you are blameless in all this."


Male Catfolk Rogue 1, 60' low light vision, Perception +6, AC 15/ T 13/ FF 12, HP 8/8, Fort 0, Ref +6, Will 0

STephan says "Ok, let's tie up this scum, go get his 'buddy' and the guard, and leave the way we came with all of the children."

Looking at de Mon "You try ONE thing, I'll go take a walk, and when I come back, we will see which one of these PISSED OFF people have killed you in the most unique, painful, humiliating way! My money's on this guy!" as I gesture at Iliya.

I think we should get our stuff and people and get out....we can come back later for more clues and loot, anybody agree/disagree?


Male CN Human Outlaw Operative | SP 28/28 HP 28/28 | RP 5/5 | EAC 18; KAC 18 VS Combat Maneuvers 26| Fort +2; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

The children, we must bring them out of this place.


AC14, touch 12, FF12, HP 9/[9], Fort:+4 ;Ref:+5 ;Will+2, Init +2, Perc +5 (+6 vs traps), Sen Mot +0 Bombs 5/[5] Male Ustalav Human Alchemist (Chirurgeon/Cyrptbreaker)/2

Malthus assists but with the corpses, slinging one dead child over each shoulder and bracing their legs with arms across his chest. He has one of the party hand him the loaded crossbow.

He can't aim and walk and he keeps his fingers well clear of the trigger mechanism but in an emergency he could drop the kids and hopefully line up a shot.


Male CN Human Outlaw Operative | SP 28/28 HP 28/28 | RP 5/5 | EAC 18; KAC 18 VS Combat Maneuvers 26| Fort +2; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Nilan remembers himself and begins to speak the necessary prayers for the dead. He searches nearby for cloth with which to cover the younglings after his prayers are finished.


HP: 18/18 || AC 18 (touch 12, flat 16) || F/R/W +4/+2/+1 Init +2, Perception +4

Just to see if I get this correctly, we have been searching 6 kids in total and so far we have located only 2 of them alive, is that correct? Do we have the bodies of all 4 of the dead kids, or some are still missing?And finally Mathus took corpses of 2 dead kids, If I understood correctly?

Looking at the corpses of dead children, Iliya's temper almost overcomes him, and before he's even aware of it, he is striding towards the naked man, axe raised high for a deadly strike. His companions pleas make him change his mind at the last second (after all, they helped young barbarian survive this far) and instead of chopping man's head off, he brings his axe down hard on the dark tapestry Nathanos was glancing at in a final act of frustration.

"Are there more captives in here? Children or adults?"

If I am not mistaking we have all leveled up...?


AC14, touch 12, FF12, HP 9/[9], Fort:+4 ;Ref:+5 ;Will+2, Init +2, Perc +5 (+6 vs traps), Sen Mot +0 Bombs 5/[5] Male Ustalav Human Alchemist (Chirurgeon/Cyrptbreaker)/2

200 short I thought


Male Pitborn Tiefling Abyssal Sorcerer 1 (HP 6/9, AC 16*/ff15*/t13*, Per +1. Init +3, F+4*, R+3*, W+3*. *Protection from Evil)

"I'll see. We will find who is left."

Knot of pain for the deceased in his stomach, Pyotr turns to return to the entry chamber.


Male Catfolk Rogue 1, 60' low light vision, Perception +6, AC 15/ T 13/ FF 12, HP 8/8, Fort 0, Ref +6, Will 0

Stephan says "WAIT! De Mon, how did you know that your father is missing from a LOCKED sarcophagus?"

He approaches de Mon, wielding the dagger wickedly.

sense motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


AC14, touch 12, FF12, HP 9/[9], Fort:+4 ;Ref:+5 ;Will+2, Init +2, Perc +5 (+6 vs traps), Sen Mot +0 Bombs 5/[5] Male Ustalav Human Alchemist (Chirurgeon/Cyrptbreaker)/2

Hey... yes! How did that happen?


Individual Experience Total: 1100/1300

Iliya, you are correct about the number of children. If six were taken as demanded in the ransom letter, then only two of those six remain. You saw him bleed another and drop it in the well of blood. There are two remaining corpses around the well which Mathus has burdened himself with and the corpse of one of his cultists.
Regarding experience, Mathus is correct, 200 short.

Iliya wrote:
"Are there more captives in here? Children or adults?"

As the portal finally fizzles to a close, it lets out a quick pop before disappearing for good. Nathanos hangs his head at the end of years of work. In the process of being bound, he answers your question. "There were six children, one escaped into an antechamber of the main chamber. We figured her dead with what rests in there. Then there were the two useless scouts that Slugworth decided to toy with - if you haven't found them already. Otherwise, no, you just about killed everything in here, living or dead. The way I see it, you're no better than me." He glares at Henry who bludgeoned his father-figure, Viridius, without mercy. If he hadn't shown his anger before, his look alone conveyed all there was to say.

Stephan wrote:
"WAIT! De Mon, how did you know that your father is missing from a LOCKED sarcophagus?"

The mad cleric cocks his head to the side to look the cat-folk in the eye, a wide smirk stretching cheek to cheek. "Heh. You know nothing of the Book of the Damned, or my father, do you? There is more than one way to ensure that death is not the end. I know...because I have spoken with him."

Stephan:
Whether Nathanos is mad enough to believe he has seen his father after death or the evil cleric knows more than he lets on, you are positive he is telling the truth.


Male CN Human Outlaw Operative | SP 28/28 HP 28/28 | RP 5/5 | EAC 18; KAC 18 VS Combat Maneuvers 26| Fort +2; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

One child may still yet live. We must go and see to this, now. Nilan makes as if to leave and head to wherever it is that DeMon indicated.


HP: 18/18 || AC 18 (touch 12, flat 16) || F/R/W +4/+2/+1 Init +2, Perception +4

Iliya takes a long coil of rope from his backpack and proceeds to tie one end tightly around Nathanos' neck, before loosing the same rope to tie his hands behind his back. Leaving about 10' of free rope, he curls the rest around his left hand and shoulder. Gripping his axe again, he states briefly: "OK, lead us towards where the child escaped. Slightest sign of trickery and my first action is to behead you."

Intimidate: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9

"Who will take care of the loot? I can carry a few more items if needed..."


Male Catfolk Rogue 1, 60' low light vision, Perception +6, AC 15/ T 13/ FF 12, HP 8/8, Fort 0, Ref +6, Will 0

Stephan says "I will carry whatever he can, so long as De Mon leads, to catch whatever traps are there."

Stephan then starts piling whatever he can carry, without sacrificing his movement so he can keep up with the party.


Individual Experience Total: 1100/1300

Everything falls silent once again as you proceed back up to the main chamber. The occasional wails and cries from the two small children echo deep into the stone crypt, returning after an uncomfortable silence. De Mon remains silent with every step. His head hangs staring down at the righting across his chest and his lips move in silent prayer. Without looking he is able to guide you through winding halls with ease. He never once looks up from the dark scrawlings the scar his flesh. His strange satisfaction with his current predicament, or at least his acceptance of it, causes doubt to creep into your minds about your security.

Stephan managed to bundle together the salvagable weapons and stuffed them into his hefty burlap sack or wrapped them about his person: the two maces, one bound with silver wrappings, the other plain and humble, a dagger, three extra short bows and 15 additional arrows to stuff in his quiver. He hooked the keyring to his belt and placed the valuables into a secure pocket hidden in his backpack: the ring, the crystal and the holy symbol.

The scroll is legible only to Pyotr, and assumingly by De Mon, as it is written in Abyssal once again. It is quite obviously the source or a replication of the foul magic he used to bring his dead cultists to life. Whether you wish to hold onto the vile script or not is entirely up to you. Let me know if you choose to keep it.

At the top of the looming stone staircase, De Mon stops at the sight of the Pharasman circle. In an attempt to pass through the large ritual chamber, the magic circle bursts with light and pulses in a rhythmic fashion, like the steady beating of healthy heart - audible, visible, and even tactile. De Mon clutches as his chest and falls to his knees, gasping in pain and uttering evil incantations.

Abyssal:
"Great Orcus, grant me your favor once more. Everything is coming together perfectly and my father's plan should nearly be complete. Grant me the strength to defy the Witch of Graves, and I am yours forever."


AC14, touch 12, FF12, HP 9/[9], Fort:+4 ;Ref:+5 ;Will+2, Init +2, Perc +5 (+6 vs traps), Sen Mot +0 Bombs 5/[5] Male Ustalav Human Alchemist (Chirurgeon/Cyrptbreaker)/2

What the hells?, the Alchemist is confused by the sight of the circle triggering and deMon falling to his knees in pain.

Remind us on the triggers of the Circle again


Male CN Human Outlaw Operative | SP 28/28 HP 28/28 | RP 5/5 | EAC 18; KAC 18 VS Combat Maneuvers 26| Fort +2; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Nothing good can come from this....Pyotr? What does he say? Nilan says as he gribs his lit cane and skarne.


HP: 18/18 || AC 18 (touch 12, flat 16) || F/R/W +4/+2/+1 Init +2, Perception +4

"I've had enough of your mumbling priest!" - Iliya, who is easily irritated, simply has had enough of deranged man's chanting. He cuts a piece of cloth and proceeds to stuff it in De Mon's mouth, not caring much about formalities. Satisfied that the mumbling has finally stopped, Iliya prods him with the but of his great axe towards the circle: "Move, you bastard!"


Male Pitborn Tiefling Abyssal Sorcerer 1 (HP 6/9, AC 16*/ff15*/t13*, Per +1. Init +3, F+4*, R+3*, W+3*. *Protection from Evil)

Pyotr listens closely...

"Coming together perfectly... Father's plan nearly complete... Wants strength to defy Pharasma..."

His face snaps with concern to Nilan. "Priest, lend your strength to Pharasma. Let her flow through you. She is judging our captive, and now is the time to do her will!"


AC14, touch 12, FF12, HP 9/[9], Fort:+4 ;Ref:+5 ;Will+2, Init +2, Perc +5 (+6 vs traps), Sen Mot +0 Bombs 5/[5] Male Ustalav Human Alchemist (Chirurgeon/Cyrptbreaker)/2

Kill him!, the alchemist cries out in a panic, struggling to drop the corpses of the children.


Male Catfolk Rogue 1, 60' low light vision, Perception +6, AC 15/ T 13/ FF 12, HP 8/8, Fort 0, Ref +6, Will 0

Stephan, not being familiar with religious ceremonies, steps around the group and stands watch, ready to drop everything and defend his friends.


AC14, touch 12, FF12, HP 9/[9], Fort:+4 ;Ref:+5 ;Will+2, Init +2, Perc +5 (+6 vs traps), Sen Mot +0 Bombs 5/[5] Male Ustalav Human Alchemist (Chirurgeon/Cyrptbreaker)/2

We still on?


Male CN Human Outlaw Operative | SP 28/28 HP 28/28 | RP 5/5 | EAC 18; KAC 18 VS Combat Maneuvers 26| Fort +2; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

I think we are waiting for the GM, but I hope so I was enjoying this one.


Male Catfolk Rogue 1, 60' low light vision, Perception +6, AC 15/ T 13/ FF 12, HP 8/8, Fort 0, Ref +6, Will 0

same here....makes me want to try my carrion crown campaign with this group


AC14, touch 12, FF12, HP 9/[9], Fort:+4 ;Ref:+5 ;Will+2, Init +2, Perc +5 (+6 vs traps), Sen Mot +0 Bombs 5/[5] Male Ustalav Human Alchemist (Chirurgeon/Cyrptbreaker)/2

Having a lot of fun with my CC group


Male CN Human Outlaw Operative | SP 28/28 HP 28/28 | RP 5/5 | EAC 18; KAC 18 VS Combat Maneuvers 26| Fort +2; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

If this one is DoA I'll play in a CC campaign with Nilan, although he might be a little different


Male Pitborn Tiefling Abyssal Sorcerer 1 (HP 6/9, AC 16*/ff15*/t13*, Per +1. Init +3, F+4*, R+3*, W+3*. *Protection from Evil)

I'm loving this game, I don't want it to die! Otherwise, yes, I'm up for CC!


HP: 18/18 || AC 18 (touch 12, flat 16) || F/R/W +4/+2/+1 Init +2, Perception +4

Actually, I just understood that I do not have much to post about (while we wait for the GM, whom I am certain will come back :-), so Iliya just stumps around obviously irritated, his stomach growling with hunger


AC14, touch 12, FF12, HP 9/[9], Fort:+4 ;Ref:+5 ;Will+2, Init +2, Perc +5 (+6 vs traps), Sen Mot +0 Bombs 5/[5] Male Ustalav Human Alchemist (Chirurgeon/Cyrptbreaker)/2

I am getting burned out on running random PFS games BUUUUT I am excited to run Ustalav games for dedicated players. I am running Carrion Crown atm with a heavy RP component and a lot of extra resources (including a dedicated Obsidian Portal site) and its all sorts of awesome. If worse comes to worse I have a stack of stuff I can pull out for Carrion Crown if no one wants to run it - I can also look to running it a bit differently so that you could possibly merge with the existing group I have for chapter 2 or run in parallel. Lets discuss in a bit - maybe the GM is excited to run Carrion Crown and may even want to incorporate these characters.

However I am sure the GM is coming back here so not to worry

351 to 385 of 385 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Cult of Shadows Campaign Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.