The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


71,451 to 71,500 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1425 | 1426 | 1427 | 1428 | 1429 | 1430 | 1431 | 1432 | 1433 | 1434 | 1435 | next > last >>

Male Kobold (Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle Necromancer; Champion of Death
Aanandareavekki wrote:


::Krays, you should ask Ephebe if we should move the eggs....in case they are contributing to the destabilization. We can send them to the Harbinger temporarily if it will help. But I don't want to overreact if they're not part of the cause. It's just that we need every second we can get to get this right, so if it will help...::

Krays is near the portal, summoning shadows to watch over it and report activity...

::That is a troubling thought, Mother. Of course I will relay your concerns.::

To Ephebe
::Love, your mother is asking whether the children are contributing to the destabilization of this timeline, and asks if it would be prudent to move them.::


Male Human-Reaper/obitu Death Mage 11/oracle 1/grim reaper 10

gentle repost As the ceremony starts grim starts to look concerned. He pulls on ephebie's clothes and says "Mis Ephebie? Am I going to miss Mr Krayz's class? I forgot to tell him about the trip.. I don't want to get in trouble with him, plus I actually like his class..."


Image
Silinrul wrote:

While the nurses attend to the anonymous girl that they've rescued, Silinrul decides to ask Jeran something that's been on his mind for awhile now "Jeran, what do you know of my Jaiye's activities here at the school?"

I can't remember if Jeran knows Sil and Jai are siblings or not

Jeran wasn't sure what was more exhausting, getting the girl through a medical exam or talking with that...disembodied voice. He was feeling distracted and a bit cranky at this point, so he didn't respond right away when Sil stepped back into the room.

"Huh? Well, for starters I wouldn't refer to her as yours unless you want her to kick your ass. She doesn't tolerate that kind of thing. And why do you want to know about Jaiye?" More of his attention diverted back to Sil. "You smell like her. Are you some kind of relative?"


Ryleh Her usual mode of dress.
Al'rqyq mn Al'kwabys wrote:

He slumps, a little bit. "I...have tried, but it is beyond my control...as far as the masked man, it was hope that led to that decision. I will see if he can deliver, and what his price is."

** spoiler omitted **

She snorted. "Well, that's like someone giving up learning an instrument because they couldn't teach themselves to play a symphony on the first day. It may not be the right method for you, but you can't know if you were even doing it correctly without help, no?"


"Rylehtin'akksavith, That may not be the best way to phrase it." He raises his eyebrow, and when she looks at him, his lips pull back faintly. "I'm afraid that some people can. Though I may be the exception to the rule."

"Though if the two of you wish to practice, I would recommend a body of water and a school of fish so that you may see any fluctuations in the radius of the aura."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Image

Jacob's lunch is abruptly interrupted by a small red-headed girl with freckles and big blue eyes.
"Hi! You're new. I don't remember your name. I'm Chara. Do you like it here? I like it here. I get to play lots more than I did the last place we lived cause they have an infirmermery and you get whoosh sent straight there and they keep a blowtorch handy just for me. I'd shake your hand, but I can't, coz I'm fragile," she added, making a face. "I don't like being fragile. I want to get better so I can do stunts. On rollerskates. Well....anykind of wheels will do....or sleds.....ooh, I bet I could sled down the stairs. Just like when I did it with rollerskates but without the ramps but the sled would be like its own ramp and I bet it would be really bumpy....Want some charred cheese? Oh, wait, no, that would be bad for you. You're not a firebird. That's right. My food would make you sick. Well, never mind. There's lots of other kinds of food. And sometimes they have cookies. Chocolate chip are the best. They always remember to burn a few for me....Why aren't you eating? Isn't the food good? If you don't like what you should just say and they can help you find something else you know. The lunchladies here are really nice," she finished with all the earnestness and pent up energy of a golden retriever.


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife17/oracle10/divine gunslinger7
Krays wrote:
Aanandareavekki wrote:


::Krays, you should ask Ephebe if we should move the eggs....in case they are contributing to the destabilization. We can send them to the Harbinger temporarily if it will help. But I don't want to overreact if they're not part of the cause. It's just that we need every second we can get to get this right, so if it will help...::

Krays is near the portal, summoning shadows to watch over it and report activity...

::That is a troubling thought, Mother. Of course I will relay your concerns.::

To Ephebe
::Love, your mother is asking whether the children are contributing to the destabilization of this timeline, and asks if it would be prudent to move them.::

::I...I don't know. I don't think so, but I could be wrong. The safe thing would be to move them, yes,:: she replied. He can feel the fear she feels at the thought of the children leaving their current safe haven.


Male Shaman(Nature) 6/Green Faith Acolyte 10/Ranger(Spell-Less) 16(Gestalt)

Opps, totally meant to edit that out, but oh well, makes things more interesting

"Her brother, and I was going to say my sister, but realized you might have not known who I meant. Jai is definitely her own girl, a fact she's recently proven to me, and of which I am quite proud of her for having done so."


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife17/oracle10/divine gunslinger7
Grim Jr. wrote:
gentle repost As the ceremony starts grim starts to look concerned. He pulls on ephebie's clothes and says "Mis Ephebie? Am I going to miss Mr Krayz's class? I forgot to tell him about the trip.. I don't want to get in trouble with him, plus I actually like his class..."

Apologies. I did reply to this, but apparently the post didn't go through and I didn't realize.

"Oh, it's alright, Grim," she said, carefully not revealing her inner turmoil. "Professor Blackscales knows that you are on this field trip with me. He won't be expecting you in class today. Although I'm sure that he would be happy to know how much you enjoy his class. I can tell him if you like."


Ryleh Her usual mode of dress.
Sheessuroussen wrote:

"Rylehtin'akksavith, That may not be the best way to phrase it." He raises his eyebrow, and when she looks at him, his lips pull back faintly. "I'm afraid that some people can. Though I may be the exception to the rule."

"Though if the two of you wish to practice, I would recommend a body of water and a school of fish so that you may see any fluctuations in the radius of the aura."

She gave him a mildly exasperated look. "Not everyone is a musical prodigy," she said dryly. "And it was only an example."

"Nevertheless, it is a good suggestion. Fish would be easier to observe in this context than birds. Presuming of course that the young man agrees to be taught."


Image
Silinrul wrote:

Opps, totally meant to edit that out, but oh well, makes things more interesting

"Her brother, and I was going to say my sister, but realized you might have not known who I meant. Jai is definitely her own girl, a fact she's recently proven to me, and of which I am quite proud of her for having done so."

"Yeah, she's doing a lot better lately. Not like when she got here. She's been a lot better since she took up with Tyrrin. Never thought I would see the day when an elf princess and a lycan would be best friends, but there you have it. Seems to be good for both of them."


Chosen One's Medical Scan

Spoiler:
When 'directed' to go with the Nurse, the Chosen One complies. She does do much else but obey with ease. Thankfully translation spells were still underway as well. One thing Jeran notes while she is outside of his reach, a pre-occupation builds the longer she is apart.

Scan complete, however, results in the following.

She's approximately fourten physical years, but has the development mentally of a four year old, if that. Basic questions simply cannot be answered, because she ignorant of the facts. The few phrases, now seemingly repetitive, and default responses to tone or manner from authority.

She's otherwise, physically healthy. Lacks proper fitness her age, underdeveloped muscles and bones. No diseases. No curses. Has a magical tattoo from divine source of Angellic nature. Appears to currently be blessed, confused and overwhelmed. Basic divinations available to the Nurse result in null contact- she assumes a Ward is in effect due to the tattoo.

The Nurse recommends a full psych evaluation and restricted exposure to the full world, as she lacks the necessary awareness to process things most people take for common, especially at this school.

The recommendation implies taking the Chosen One away from Jeran to be managed by someone uniquely qualified to help her based on standards they clearly feel are best for the girl in the eyes of society.

As Jeran (and Sil, naturally) get this information, the angel that bound to Jeran and the Chosen One re-appears. "Greetings Hero. I believe I have discerned the location of your lost companion for a moment. It is not a place you might survive, the cold vacuum of space far from here. It does still have the stain of evil about it. Your thoughts?"


Male Shaman(Nature) 6/Green Faith Acolyte 10/Ranger(Spell-Less) 16(Gestalt)

"So, do you mind answering my question now? I have Jai's side of things, but I'm curious for another opinion. I also really want to meet this Tyrrin at some point as well. If for no other reason than to thank her for what she'd done for my sister"


Ryleh wrote:
Sheessuroussen wrote:

"Rylehtin'akksavith, That may not be the best way to phrase it." He raises his eyebrow, and when she looks at him, his lips pull back faintly. "I'm afraid that some people can. Though I may be the exception to the rule."

"Though if the two of you wish to practice, I would recommend a body of water and a school of fish so that you may see any fluctuations in the radius of the aura."

She gave him a mildly exasperated look. "Not everyone is a musical prodigy," she said dryly. "And it was only an example."

"Nevertheless, it is a good suggestion. Fish would be easier to observe in this context than birds. Presuming of course that the young man agrees to be taught."

"I was merely pointing out that it is possible. Also the reason I suggested fish is because a school stays in pattern where it can, and they do not take to the sky and disappear when startled... Well...Most of them do not."

Al'rqyq feels that Sheess is not being deliberately contrary, but he does seem to enjoy Ryleh getting flustered...


Male Maftet 16 Stalker (umbral blade)/Dread
Ryleh wrote:


She gave him a mildly exasperated look. "Not everyone is a musical prodigy," she said dryly. "And it was only an example."

"Nevertheless, it is a good suggestion. Fish would be easier to observe in this context than birds. Presuming of course that the young man agrees to be taught."

Listens to the exchange, then looks annoyed, only for the briefest of moments. That's twice now. It's not easy to hear everything you've done or tried to do up to this point has been wrong...

"It would be impolite of me to suggest how you spend your time, or it's wisest use, and even more so to ignore a helping hand offered."
He steps off for a bit, giing this some serious thought. He returns, having come to a decision.
"Alright, Gyna'ka, I will allow this. I agree to submit to your guidance on this matter." he bows, and ceremoniously offers her his swords.


Male Kobold (Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle Necromancer; Champion of Death
Ephebe wrote:
Krays wrote:
Aanandareavekki wrote:


::Krays, you should ask Ephebe if we should move the eggs....in case they are contributing to the destabilization. We can send them to the Harbinger temporarily if it will help. But I don't want to overreact if they're not part of the cause. It's just that we need every second we can get to get this right, so if it will help...::

Krays is near the portal, summoning shadows to watch over it and report activity...

::That is a troubling thought, Mother. Of course I will relay your concerns.::

To Ephebe
::Love, your mother is asking whether the children are contributing to the destabilization of this timeline, and asks if it would be prudent to move them.::

::I...I don't know. I don't think so, but I could be wrong. The safe thing would be to move them, yes,:: she replied. He can feel the fear she feels at the thought of the children leaving their current safe haven.

She will feel her concerns returned.

::So, because you do not belong in this time-stream, your children do not belong in this time-stream either? Is that the logic?::
He is not angry, or judgmental, he is merely asking a question.


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage

It took only a moment for the guards to be disabled. Being armed with the foreknowledge of the base layout and control of its vital systems changed what would be a suicide mission for one person into one that was merely quite urgent.

Another terrible truth about Ezillranitrix that Fei was able to turn to some advantage was the fact that the malicious young red needed a second place of 'storage' for her slaves due to their remote location, and the speed with which she grew displeased with them. One of the two chambers was actually empty at the moment - but not for long.

The young monk quickly moves the unconscious guards into the adjoining slave pen, ordering the surveillance monitors to playback a continuous 'loop' of the chamber being empty and quiet. Once in there, he removes all of their 'kit' so they will have no weapons or tools to effect either escape or rescue

After spiriting the gear away to the unused laboratory the dragons mentioned earlier (and sealing it from accidental entry), Fei then proceeds to tap into the communications systems again. He sends orders to the remaining patrols as if they were coming from the security CNC center, ordering them to come to the slave pens to check on a disturbance. He staggers the transmission of these orders so that only one patrol will be there at a time, and ensures that none of the patrols will be anywhere near the dragons' chamber.

The Champion then enacts a plan to simultaneously keep Ezzi and the other Vai occupied and away from the rest of the facility. He triggers a safety protocol that causes a very specific set of doors to come slamming down and seal them in, with an accompanying alarm that gives pause even to creatures as resilient as red dragons...


Suddenly, an alarm sounds in the draconic 'lounge' - there has been a containment breach in the facility's primary nuclear reactor that is about to reach this level. The radiation doors come slamming down at speed....all except for one that sounds its own alarm. The display port on the wall for this door indicates a malfunction in the automatic closing mechanism, and a partial failure in the manual override. The one on this side will not work, but the one outside still does.

While the massive door is almost sealed - it now sits a scant foot above the floor - that will not be any protection from the radiation the alarms say is about to flood the outside corridor. Neither dragon could fit underneath to get to the mechanism, but the slaves in this chamber could do so, and manually seal the door if they were all sent out and worked together to do so immediately...


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage

Fei silently offers a prayer to ensure he gauged this Vai's arrogance and self-preservation tendencies correctly, then lowers the light levels in the corridor outside the pens and waits for the patrols while he remotely monitors the radiation door...


Vis Niyambi wrote:
Taika Niyambi wrote:
Vis Niyambi wrote:
Taika Niyambi wrote:
"Hey, it is a big deal! You are to magic what I am to craftsmanship: a prodigy. Together, you an I can probably do some pretty helpful things, you know?"
"I guess? Like what?"
"No idea, that's the fun part."
vis looks at tiaka with a questioning look.

"We'll find out. Come on, I've managed to make a little workplace in my room, I'll show you how I make stuff."


Male Firebird
Taika Niyambi wrote:


"We'll find out. Come on, I've managed to make a little workplace in my room, I'll show you how I make stuff."

vis quietly rolls up his page of practice symbols, puts it away, and stands up, ready to go.


The Half-Alive Streets | Truth of the Seeker | The Sanctuary of Drowned Delight
GM Fireclaw wrote:
GM Fireclaw wrote:

Elsewhere on Agartha...

A man leans back in his chair. It had been four months of long, hard work, but it was done. Now he just needed a power source...

The plan was in motion... he had his power source and enough magical protections to prevent any Divination or Seer Sight from interfering... probably anyway. It was very difficult to fool a High Seer after all.

The man hefts a weary sigh. The Firebirds had been unexpected, and a little troublesome, but in the end it had been worthy: it had kept the High Seer's eyes focused away from him and any of his activities.

He slowly fingers a piece of paper on his desk, a smile creeping across his face. He takes a deep breath, allowing the scent of pine to permeate his being. Less than a week now.


Male Gnome
Keme Tokala wrote:
"Not like I can stop you," he said wryly. "Although I advise you to stay behind something solid when I tell the kitchen staff that all that food needs to be packed up and sent to Professor Sunwake's lab. They tend to throw things when they're upset."

"She's the dragon, yes?" Repp asked curiously as he steps quickly to keep up with Keme's longer strides. "And, as for solid... well, I think I can keep us safe." On the word 'safe' Repp's eyes glow a light blue colour and the air a few feet in front of the pair shimmers and seems to form into something solid. "Safe enough for kitchen dangers, leastways." he replies, matching Keme's wry grin with one of his own.


Male Firebird Monk (Master of Many Styles, Martial Artist) 16 // Firebender 8/Earthbender 8
Aanandareavekki wrote:
"Enough, all three of you!" she snapped. "Melody, focus on your work. Ardiente, if she can help then bring Raelle here. Or don't. But stop distracting Melody and Arthur. If it helps give you any perspective on the situation, Vai's spirit has already agreed to return, but we can't bring her back until this breach is sealed because her counterpart's presence in this universe is part of what destabilized it in the first place. It's the same reason why Ephebe can't get within a several mile radius of the breach at present either. Now please, we all need to focus on what we're doing so that we can get the equipment built, preferably such that Melody actually survives the implementation."

Ardiente paled somewhat, his response to Arthur dying on his lips as Aunt Aananda cuts straight into the heart of the matter. He gives Melody a wan smile for at least trying to be kind.

"Alright, I'll bring her." Ardiente says back, in what barely amounts to a whisper. He didn't fully understand what was going on, but his job had never been to figure out complicated things.

He turns swiftly and steps out of the lab, conjuring the arrows to bring him to Raelle. Solemnity keeps his feet on the ground as he walks towards the lunchroom, trying to figure out exactly how he was going to break the news of another death to Raelle... even only a temporary one.


Male Elf Bard 14/Sorcerer (Maestro) 14
Nala Zamarosok wrote:
"Please, have a seat." Nala appeared extra nervous and the frost surrounding her feet grew thicker as she approached Ehos. "Just hold still a moment," she said, wincing as she reached out to barely touch the end of his nose, just enough for healing energy to flow into him before she jumped back. the air taking on a decided chill in her wake. "Better?"

Magical Nose Beepage

Ehos blinked as the pain washed away, leaving only a dull ache in it's wake. He just nods and displays: 'Thanks.' from his pad.

'Soo.... um. I'm Ehos and this is Alys. What exactly is going on?'


Male Aasimar (Muse-Touched)
Chara del Sol wrote:

Jacob's lunch is abruptly interrupted by a small red-headed girl with freckles and big blue eyes.

"Hi! You're new. I don't remember your name. I'm Chara. Do you like it here? I like it here. I get to play lots more than I did the last place we lived cause they have an infirmermery and you get whoosh sent straight there and they keep a blowtorch handy just for me. I'd shake your hand, but I can't, coz I'm fragile," she added, making a face. "I don't like being fragile. I want to get better so I can do stunts. On rollerskates. Well....anykind of wheels will do....or sleds.....ooh, I bet I could sled down the stairs. Just like when I did it with rollerskates but without the ramps but the sled would be like its own ramp and I bet it would be really bumpy....Want some charred cheese? Oh, wait, no, that would be bad for you. You're not a firebird. That's right. My food would make you sick. Well, never mind. There's lots of other kinds of food. And sometimes they have cookies. Chocolate chip are the best. They always remember to burn a few for me....Why aren't you eating? Isn't the food good? If you don't like what you should just say and they can help you find something else you know. The lunchladies here are really nice," she finished with all the earnestness and pent up energy of a golden retriever.

To put it bluntly, Jacob looks like he's been hit in the face with a cricket bat. No bruises or anything, but that general look you get when something just completely blindsides you.

While the perky little firebird girl is rambling, Jacob occasionally attempts to interject, but her cascade of words drowns out all of the "ah-"s and "um-"s.

When her little waterfall of words is finally over, Jacob expresses his entire feelings on the matter with one word: "Um..."


Male Elf Slayer 16

Djalos finishes his meal, and "peers" at the young ladies. "Would one of you two care to be my guide to a... psychic healer would be the term, right? Somebody who could remove this block on my mind?" The young elf says casually. Only the slight fidgeting of his hands reveal that Djalos is rather anxious.


Krays wrote:

She will feel her concerns returned.

::So, because you do not belong in this time-stream, your children do not belong in this time-stream either? Is that the logic?::
He is not angry, or judgmental, he is merely asking a question.

Another mental presence intrudes carefully

::You guys are loud. I've got Kam shielding the eggs from your broadcast at the moment, so we've got some time. Now, with all due understanding, if either of us is the problem, I think we need to address the fact mom saw me never hatching and the fact I'm not supposed to exist either.::

::So, given that morbid tidbit, I say Ephebe and I go take a jump through the hole and wreck the place.::


Male Kobold (Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle Necromancer; Champion of Death

::That you would also be involved in this does not surprise me...::
Krays says, dryly.
::But, that begs the question, do all of our children need to be moved then?::


::Hey, I did not open the rift, okay? You'd have to be brain dead, oh mighty Champion of Death, to think I could do that without Kronos knowing about it. or do you think I enjoy knowing Vai is dead because of an old ally? That I...:: Taron has to block himself of mentally for several moments. ::Kam and I have a place on the Elemental Plane of Air. We've been taking turns setting up protective measures. Not wards, mind you, but only because of how often we've seen them breached.::


Male Kobold (Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle Necromancer; Champion of Death

Taron can get the sense that Krays is amused with his reaction, then turns serious.
::The Plane of Air is easily reached by anyone with enough power that would want to harm us or them and could actually do so. What kind of defenses?::


male human monk 16

As the pre-ceremony of politics and greetings wears on, in soon becomes obvious that Lang is really getting bored of this, and is constantly eyeing the doors to a balcony that overlooks one of the training grounds.

as he makes his way among the guests his steps keep moving closer to those doors.


Tybalt Baneko wrote:

"It would take a while to explain. I'll tell you later. That's another reason for you to come back safe."

He pokes at Dave with the crook.

Rena sniffles again and hesitantly takes the bag from Tybalt, slinging it over her own shoulder. "Are you sure? Aren't these things expensive? Vare always said he wanted one but that he needed to save his money for spell components and scrolls for new spells to learn."

Either way, she stuffs the used hanky into the bag.


Kevin Ramos wrote:

"I assume so."

He pokes at his new wings, through which one can see to the other side with a blurry blue tint.
You remember how when you stretched out that gooey stuff Nickelodeon sold you could kinda see through? A lot like that.
"Never actually tried that part. Kinda funny, really. I was so distracted with other things. Could probably have more wings of I tried..."
He muses out loud.

Vare doesn't even glance up from what he's doing as Kevin plays with his wings. He has produced a piece of chalk and is drawing some kind of diagram or intricate circle on the open floor of the room.

"You should test them before we go." he says seriously, between mutters under his breath.


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16

"Oh. Um. That's just a regular shoulder bag for you to use. They didn't have any magic stuff on that planet. If Mr. Vare is looking for one of those, they have them in the magic item stocks for loan."


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife17/oracle10/divine gunslinger7

Ephebe was vaguely aware that Taron and Krays were talking, but she couldn't make out words exactly. Her mind was too busy trying to process a whole series of impossible memories. No wonder she'd wanted to curl up in the back of her own mind and let the other Ephebe drive for so long. She made a vague, hasty, and quite frankly nonsensical apology to the diplomat who had been speaking to her before Krays contacted her and stumbled out of the hall quickly. She didn't want to teleport. She shouldn't teleport. Teleporting now would be...bad.

Krays and Taron can feel a roiling mess of confusion, terror, and vertigo from Ephebe right before the connection is cut. It's a familiar feeling to Krays who has much experience with Ephebe stepping outside of time. But there is a strong sense that she hadn't intended to.

Ephebe was still trying to run when she tripped and feel onto the sand. Sand. Everywhere as far as the eye could see. Oh, ****. She recognized this place. She'd been here once before. The hourglass....and she had the sinking feeling that Kronos wasn't going to let her leave of her own volition.

Lysander:
If he still has the pendant that Ephebe gave him when they were fighting Madness, it is currently growing very hot. Not enough to burn, but enough to be very uncomfortable.


male goo dragon alchemist 16(spellhammer) / synthesist 16

"Aaalrighty. Be right back."
He glances around and notices a window.
He unlatches the window and slinks out in a 'fluid' motion, landing on his feet on the lawn outside.
"Okay. Uh. Wings. Downward force."
He unfolds his wings to an impressive span, clearly large enough to carry him and quite a bit more weight.
"That's nearly forty feet. Okay. Now curved slightly in. And down."
He swings his wings down, generating some upward thrust.
"Okay. That works. Now lessee."
He gives some quick swipes with his wings, keeping himself aloft.
"Okay. I'm up now... Ha... I can fly... On my own. No magic."
He lifts up a bit higher.
"Hard to stay in one place. Let's try maneuverability."
He leans forward and changes the angle of his wings, moving forward.
"Little slow. Can't blame them. I am pretty big now."
He tries a circle, moving slowly in a wide arc.
"Not terribly maneuverable either. Magic would be faster, but this is reliable and free."


"Damn it..." Lysander mutters, taking the pendant from his pocket. That stupid Patron was screwing things up. Again. "gotta save the hatchling again."

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator

"Woah, what the... The rift energy just stopped climbing... It's even going down a little... Is it stabilizing?"


Image
Damiani wrote:

Chosen One's Medical Scan

** spoiler omitted **

As Jeran (and Sil, naturally) get this information, the angel that bound to Jeran and the Chosen One re-appears. "Greetings Hero. I believe I have discerned the location of your lost companion for a moment. It is not a place you might survive, the cold vacuum of space far from here. It does still have the stain of evil about it. Your thoughts?"

"Actually, as long as Jiminy gives me permission to take the mech out, and I can't see why he wouldn't for a rescue mission, the cold vacuum of space is not a problem. But the fact that my cockpit is not built for two and I seem to have a problem with letting this one out of my sight on account of all the trouble she gets in when I do....now, that's a problem," he added with a grimace. "And figuring out how to separate that evil whatsit from Tryko'Sam....well, that's a problem too."


Image
Silinrul wrote:
"So, do you mind answering my question now? I have Jai's side of things, but I'm curious for another opinion. I also really want to meet this Tyrrin at some point as well. If for no other reason than to thank her for what she'd done for my sister"

"Look, I don't mind telling you about your sister, but maybe later, okay? As you can see, I'm having one of those days....And I'm concerned some of it you won't like hearing. My schedule is currently full up with drama."

"No, absolutely not," he said getting in the way when the medical staff tried to lead the girl away. "With all due respect, I know you mean well, but right now what she needs most is a bodyguard. What she needs second most is some psychological help. Which you can have brought here."


Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
"Actually, as long as Jiminy gives me permission to take the mech out, and I can't see why he wouldn't for a rescue mission, the cold vacuum of space is not a problem. But the fact that my cockpit is not built for two and I seem to have a problem with letting this one out of my sight on account of all the trouble she gets in when I do....now, that's a problem," he added with a grimace. "And figuring out how to separate that evil whatsit from Tryko'Sam....well, that's a problem too."

Looking at the Chosen One then to Jeran, the Angel considers. It's possible it didn't quite understand what Jeran said about 'Jiminy' and 'mech', but that doesn't quite come off via it's angelic features.

Then it says, after Jeran addresses Silinrul, "I have pledged myself to your aid, Hero. If you wish it, I can arrange to keep your charge safe, whilst you ...that is, if this mech you speak of owned by Jiminy, is capable of near infinite transportation distances. You can be assured that the evil presence I sense, is the same strength as before, in the one named Tryko'Sam-- the one you are moved to rescue."

There's the faintest of smiles on the Angel's features, it (since it's not quite clear, but leaning more male and human) regards Jeran warmly while dealing with two situations, or three, at once. Pride, or joy, in watching the Lycan manage things.

The Staff protest at Jeran, and now it's a matter of Staff versus Student. They are inclined, though, to listen-- but, he's a minor compared to the 'adults' and professionals.


Ryleh Her usual mode of dress.
Al'rqyq mn Al'kwabys wrote:
Ryleh wrote:


She gave him a mildly exasperated look. "Not everyone is a musical prodigy," she said dryly. "And it was only an example."

"Nevertheless, it is a good suggestion. Fish would be easier to observe in this context than birds. Presuming of course that the young man agrees to be taught."

Listens to the exchange, then looks annoyed, only for the briefest of moments. That's twice now. It's not easy to hear everything you've done or tried to do up to this point has been wrong...

"It would be impolite of me to suggest how you spend your time, or it's wisest use, and even more so to ignore a helping hand offered."
He steps off for a bit, giing this some serious thought. He returns, having come to a decision.
"Alright, Gyna'ka, I will allow this. I agree to submit to your guidance on this matter." he bows, and ceremoniously offers her his swords.

"Very good," she said, trying to regain control over the situation. Sheessuroussen could be most vexing in that regard. She laid her hands on the weapons offered in acceptance of the gesture and then handed them back to the maftet.

"In order to teach you, it will be necessary to establish telepathic contact so I can show you what it looks like when you manipulate the size of your fear aura. And of course we will need an appropriate environment. It may not be an instant solution. You may require a great deal of practice."

"Sheessuroussen, do you think it would be possible to program a watery environment and a school of fish into the SIM rooms? I am concerned about leaving the school at the moment. Considering."


Male Shaman(Nature) 6/Green Faith Acolyte 10/Ranger(Spell-Less) 16(Gestalt)

Sil nods at Jeran's suggestion "Yea, that's fine, I just want another take it on things is all. Later works"

Then Jeran starts talking to the staff regarding the girl and he sighs slightly "I'll stay and keep her safe, I hope, though that's about all I can provide." This last is in response to his fellow Lycan mentioning the girl needing psycho something or another. Not a word Silinrul had heard before.


Female Idyllkin Ninja 3/Marksman (Shroud) 3
Lang Fei wrote:

As the pre-ceremony of politics and greetings wears on, in soon becomes obvious that Lang is really getting bored of this, and is constantly eyeing the doors to a balcony that overlooks one of the training grounds.

as he makes his way among the guests his steps keep moving closer to those doors.

Perception for Ephebe: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Through all the hubbub going on around the meet-and-greet, Midori (who had been escorting Lang throughout) misses Blackscales-sensei's hurried withdrawl from the room. She does note one thing though, and during a quiet moment of respite Lang has from the Important People crowding the room, Midori quietly asks: "Is something the matter Lang-kun? You seem distracted."


Female Kobold with a mushroom hat |Dragonrider 3// undecided

tarka, at this point, has lost any sembenece of an attention span, teleporting various places and looking at various things. She frequently compliments people for thier shiny heads. For some reason, they don't seem exactly happy with that. She can't imagine why, shiny is good.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Elf Gestalt Sorcerer (Starsoul) 16/Oracle (Heavens) 16
"Ace" wrote:
"Keme and I both hit dead ends tracking this guy via magickal or mundane means. Teleportation would definitely leave a trail. Who is Mr Strider?"

"He teaches Stealth." Tyrrin replies a touch tersely, pursing her lips thoughtfully before continuing. "In theory. I've never actually seen him, which I suppose means he does his job well."

"Okay, tracking is out then. As annoying as Mister Tokala can be, I don't doubt either his ability or yours in that regard." Tyrrin carries on thoughtfully, standing up and pacing in the room's open space.

Tyrrin seems to be muttering to herself as she paces. "Attacked Kitty and Ginni [...] both tieflings [...] are the types of wounds relevant?" she stops and glances at Ace. "If we can't catch this murderer from the physical clues alone, what else do we have? At very least, we know that they seem to be exclusively targeting young female tieflings. That should tell us something."

"Wait... was Kitty's mind attacked in a similar manner to Ginni's?"


Female Firebird
Sorchan del Sol wrote:

Sorchan snorted. "You are particularly ill-informed Miss Svarog. Your family must have kept you very sheltered indeed. How precisely would I blackmail you over this when my own daughter has psychic abilities. Which she demonstrated in front of everyone, council included shortly before that farce of a governing body was dissolved. And I am not ashamed of her. Far from it. I am proud of her, proud to be her father. She is a remarkable young woman who isn't afraid to stand up for what she believes."

"As for having abnormal abilities being shameful or a sign of impure blood, I have had a great deal of time to think about this as I have observed the children of our noble houses. Do you know that the only ones who are manifesting strange abilities are purebloods of the highest order? I think we might have some wrong ideas about what is causing these oddities," he finished dryly.

Lily snorts with laughter, a confusing sound considering her emotion-suppressed state. Laughter shouldn't come naturally, which means the snort was a calculated part of the conversation for her.

"My parents told me about your daughter, at least the one with the Charbonnier peasant. She's the sootblood, isn't she? Not exactly the best example." All this is said completely level-headedly, without any sign of fear or regret from the young firebird Lady.


The Half-Alive Streets | Truth of the Seeker | The Sanctuary of Drowned Delight
Anahita bint Tariq wrote:

Anahita was doing anything but being alert to her surroundings, and Illithia's greeting rouses her sharply from what appeared to be a slumbering state.

Her reactions are of disorientation, surprise, quickly turning into awareness and her intense gaze once more.

"Illithia. Illy. Lovely colors. How fare you? I appear to have dozed off."

Anahita sounds oddly surprised at that, though apparently fully alert now. She gives that Cafe a quick glance as well.

Anahita then returns her gaze upon Illithia fully with her warm smile and serenely gaze. Nothing physically suggesting that the dark haired teen should be passing out, let alone in a seated position.

Illithia seems to deflate slightly upon hearing that, returning Anahita's intense gaze and warm smile with a similarly intense look, but her own mouth has creased into a thin line of worry, and the playful purple vanishes instantly, the ink shifting to grey.

"Anahita, did you actually doze off? I'm worried about you, this could be something serious. How new are your powers?" Anahita's expert empathy tells her that Illithia's worry is both genuine and intense... and perhaps even borne of personal experience.


GM Fireclaw wrote:

Illithia seems to deflate slightly upon hearing that, returning Anahita's intense gaze and warm smile with a similarly intense look, but her own mouth has creased into a thin line of worry, and the playful purple vanishes instantly, the ink shifting to grey.

"Anahita, did you actually doze off? I'm worried about you, this could be something serious. How new are your powers?" Anahita's expert empathy tells her that Illithia's worry is both genuine and intense... and perhaps even borne of personal experience.

Considering the question for a moment, Anahita then replies after a nod of affirmative, "If you mean the abilities I am a master of, years of experience-- hardly new. If you mean the recent boons I have been bestowed, perhaps two or three weeks at this time. I've come to lose track of time, perhaps some physical method to track would be best, though I'm ... not sure when I, no wait, I know when I started caring about these details. My apologies. The clarity of wakefulness, without the rushing wall of thoughts this time, thankfully. I believe this is the first time I've slept naturally without augmentation via magic though. Well, there was, perhaps there was last night. The night here, that is, in the woods. I'm beginning to think I might have some manner of mental illness, though I suspect I'm a poor subject of analysis given my recent experience. I'm not concerned though. Your concern is noted, and appreciated."

She leans in and gives Illithia a firm, warm hug at that, without thought and purely feeling induced.

"Does this remind you of yourself, perhaps? Something to do with your colorful display?" Anahita's warm and smooth finger tips brush, ever so lightly if Illy doesn't flinch from the touch or hug, along the exposed points of coloring. "The grey does not suit your person. The purple was a delight."

She smiles at that.

71,451 to 71,500 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1425 | 1426 | 1427 | 1428 | 1429 | 1430 | 1431 | 1432 | 1433 | 1434 | 1435 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.