The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


71,351 to 71,400 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1423 | 1424 | 1425 | 1426 | 1427 | 1428 | 1429 | 1430 | 1431 | 1432 | 1433 | next > last >>

Female Human (three-tailed)
Rakki Okane wrote:

"Duck."

He throws the giant wheel of metal towards her, aiming to kill a zombie taking a leap at her from behind.
"How would we know? It makes as much sense as any other explanation."

she ducks.

"Don't do that. You can acutslly hurt me, I bet. They can't. Also, no. It doesn't. It sounds too ubsurd to be right."


Male Tanuki Bard/Monk16

"It would've curved if you hadn't. It might look like a weapon, but it's just like the copy from before. Just like I can move as the disk, so can he."
He demonstrates by having the metal disk circle around him, dangerously close if he wasn't under control of it as he stands with his arms crossed.
"He can move on his own, but there's not much power behind him if I don't throw him. The problem with copies is that they're part illusion. They can affect me and objects normally, but unless I put force behind them, they don't affect creatures much. That's why I don't have a bunch of tigers running around."
He catches the spinning wheel heftily.
"If that's not what it is, where do you think they go?"


Female Human (three-tailed)
Rakki Okane wrote:

"It would've curved if you hadn't. It might look like a weapon, but it's just like the copy from before. Just like I can move as the disk, so can he."

He demonstrates by having the metal disk circle around him, dangerously close if he wasn't under control of it as he stands with his arms crossed.
"He can move on his own, but there's not much power behind him if I don't throw him. The problem with copies is that they're part illusion. They can affect me and objects normally, but unless I put force behind them, they don't affect creatures much. That's why I don't have a bunch of tigers running around."
He catches the spinning wheel heftily.
"If that's not what it is, where do you think they go?"

she shrugs, and goes back to killing zombies.


Male Maftet 16 Stalker (umbral blade)/Dread
Sheessuroussen wrote:
Al'rqyq mn Al'kwabys wrote:
Ryleh wrote:
Al'rqyq mn Al'kwabys wrote:
Al sits up in his tree, happily eating a rabbit he'd caught for lunch, taking a break from his patrols through the woods. He is blissfully unaware of the dragons stalking him while he's eating, the small bones on his necklace clacking as he tears at his lunch.
"I said, come down from that tree now," Ryleh repeated in a calm but firm voice.

The munching stops mid crunch, as there's a stirring. A male head pokes out and over the branch. He wipes a way the "juices" from his mouth, his slightly feline facial features are accented with a flash of his teeth as he smiles.

"Umm...sure...?" he pulls back into the tree cover, and you'll hear the rustle of feathers as he gives a couple flexing beats of his wings, until the final full down beat gets him airborne, and he swoops up and around, then lands on the ground in front of his guests. He looks them once over, looking for obvious stabbing weapons. Something has him cautious.
"How may I help you?" He says, with a very slight purring rumble. He's obviously not a native speaker of common...

When the person comes from the tree with no apparent hostility, Sheessuroussen walks toward the maftet slowly.

His hair is silver gray and pulled back into a severe topknot; the tall gentleman is well muscled and darkly tanned, and though he looks to be quite old, he stands erect and looking regal in his dark blue robes. His eyes are piercing and predatory, like a shark or jaguar, though he does not look to be angry or violent in any way, it is simply that he is a predator and he definitely shows it. His voice is like the rumble of the tide as he speaks.

"Sir, I wish to inquire as to your purpose and reasoning to be in these woods, if you do not mind my asking." Though he is polite and respectful, you have the feeling that he is not asking so much as he is demanding politely.

He takes a step back to keep you about 20 ft. away, almost on reflex, it seems. "Hunting, preparing, and eating my mid day meal."

he responds, not quite grasping the depth of the question asked.


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja
Nala Zamarosok wrote:
Ehos Denulia wrote:


The blood dribbling out of Ehos' nose increases it's flow briefly when Alys speaks, though the rest of his face is ashen as his headache is starting to drown out all other concerns. He tries hard to focus on what's happening though, but he backs down from his defensive stance at Ryuzo's assurances and Nala's apologies. With his datapad he introduces Alys, relating in short form that she has no idea what Nala is talking about, and that she's had the sword and speech for fifty-four years.

'I only have a passing knowledge of the fey. Rumours and hearsay.' Ehos admits, lifting a hand to wipe at the tickling sensation on his face, surprised to see his hand come away bloody.

Nala nodded, wiping her sweaty palms on her skirt, trying to rein in her fears.

"That would explain why you don't understand why I'm afraid. It requires a great deal of knowledge of the fey to know even pieces of what I'm talking about. ANd obviously neither of you are fey or even changeling. I would like to explain, but perhaps the hallway isn't the best place...would you mind coming with me? There should be an empty classroom near here since it's lunchtime. And perhaps you require some healing? Your nose is bleeding. I should be able to help," she said, straining to remain calm.
"I am sorry for this interruption of your tour Jessa," she added, turning her attention back to her charge. "And that you had to see me like this. As you can see, I told you the truth when I said I had issues of my own."

"My dojo is not far from here. Please, follow."


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16
Arthur Barren wrote:
"whoever you think can and will help, if they can at least understand the concepts then they can work as assistants, data entry with existing simulations and whatnot, this is a big deal, two universes, Mis Epebee, and Melody here are in critical danger here, normally for a project of this scope I would like to have a month to design and test the thing. We don't have a month, in fact a week would be pushing it, so if you or someone you know can be a help, fantastic, otherwise please leave, we have work to do." He says with a serious tone, not once turning away from his screen.

Melody was busy with her own thing, seems she was analyzing information concerning the rift and energy level fluctuations. she also had several objects that looked like devices that could be used as bombs of sorts.

hearing arthur sound rather cross she steps over and smacks him in the back of the head (just enough to let him know she though that was rude).

Looking to Ardiente, why don't you come over here and help me. she says with a smile.


Female Zif Wizard 6/Mage of the third eye 10

riviarti shrugs.


Tural continues to be socially akward, rather lost for words.


Male Human Gestalt: Binder 16, Wizard (Enchanter) 6

"Its times like this when I miss my ability to read minds" Treisdan comments quietly before asking a legitimate question. "Is there something that I need to know?"


"N-not really. It's just... I'm a little... Akward, around reviarti."
tural decides it best not to mention how invasive reading minds is.


Male Human Gestalt: Binder 16, Wizard (Enchanter) 6

"Okay, Well, I guess if you are okay, I'd just like to thank you for your service and head off if there isn't anything else.

Treisdan turns to start walking away.


Treisdan Achdarach wrote:

"Okay, Well, I guess if you are okay, I'd just like to thank you for your service and head off if there isn't anything else.

Treisdan turns to start walking away.

"A-alright. Bye, I guess."

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator

Arthur frowns, unsure what he had done wrong "his time would be better spent getting this raelle person, he can do whatever he or you want after he's done with that"


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16
Arthur Barren wrote:
Arthur frowns, unsure what he had done wrong "his time would be better spent getting this raelle person, he can do whatever he or you want after he's done with that"

fine then, Ardiente, please go get Raelle, then you can help me here.

looking to Arthur, I'm sorry, but you sounded a little rude, and he is a friend of mine, well actually, almost everyone is a friend of mine. anyway, do you want me to kiss the boo-boo? she adds the last part with playful grin.


Male Tanuki Bard/Monk16

"So... Do you have any hobbies besides traveling and devouring woodland creatures?"
There are less than 20 zombies now, with the last few being picked off.


Female Human (three-tailed)
Rakki Okane wrote:

"So... Do you have any hobbies besides traveling and devouring woodland creatures?"

There are less than 20 zombies now, with the last few being picked off.

"Not really, most because until now, I hadn't had anywhere to stop, for any significant amount of time. There's always more to see, you know?"


Male Tanuki Bard/Monk16

"You don't have anything else you enjoy?"
A puff of smoke vanishes the shuriken and another turns him into one.
It spins rapidly in the air and hurls through a zombie.
::That's always been a bit more satisfying than throwing one.::


Female Human (three-tailed)
Rakki Okane wrote:

"You don't have anything else you enjoy?"

A puff of smoke vanishes the shuriken and another turns him into one.
It spins rapidly in the air and hurls through a zombie.
::That's always been a bit more satisfying than throwing one.::

"Not really, but I haven't tired much else."


Male Tanuki Bard/Monk16

::That's just a little sad. Is there anything you've ever wanted to try?::


Female Human (three-tailed)
Rakki Okane wrote:
::That's just a little sad. Is there anything you've ever wanted to try?::

"Not... Not really. I've always been satisfied with my simple lifestyle."


Male Tanuki Bard/Monk16

::That sounds like there is something.~♪::
The giant shuriken thunks heavily into a tree and he appears in a puff of smoke on a branch rather like this.
"C'mon. What is it?"

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator

"I didn't mean to be rude, but honestly, this work is more important than his possibly hurt feelings, and I'm more than a little bit distracted"
If ardente is still in the room Arthur looks at him and mumbles out "sorry" before scoffing at her final statement but grinning nonetheless.


Female Human (three-tailed)
Rakki Okane wrote:

::That sounds like there is something.~♪::

The giant shuriken thunks heavily into a tree and he appears in a puff of smoke on a branch rather like this.
"C'mon. What is it?"

"No, seriously. The closest thing Is some degree of Magic crafting. Mostly for nate's sake."

she pauses.
"Well, I don't want you to get nothing out of this relationship..."


"male" Ooze? sorcerer 6, fighter 16, ??? 10.

roel turns up in the lunchroom, in his non-humanoid form. After ordering a tray with bunch of random stuff, and devoring the tray and the food, he listens around for a while, thinking.


Male Tanuki Bard/Monk16

"If you do learn that, what's in it for him?"
He rolls off the side of the branch, shifting back into the shuriken and taking out one or two more.
::Looking for a nice pair of heels, maybe?::
He asks Nate telepathically.


Female Human (three-tailed)
Rakki Okane wrote:

"If you do learn that, what's in it for him?"

He rolls off the side of the branch, shifting back into the shuriken and taking out one or two more.
::Looking for a nice pair of heels, maybe?::
He asks Nate telepathically.

Nate doesn't respond, at least, to you. His telepathy is limited.

"He's a magic item. I could give him new powers, help increase then things he knows, give him proper, full range telepathy... Things like that."


Male Tanuki Bard/Monk16

::And that's cool, but what's something you have alway wanted to try?
There has to be something.::
The shuriken continues spinning and taking out the last few zombies, save for one.


Female Human (three-tailed)
Rakki Okane wrote:

::And that's cool, but what's something you have alway wanted to try?

There has to be something.::
The shuriken continues spinning and taking out the last few zombies, save for one.

she shrugs.

"I mean, like everyone, I've probably had a few fleeting ideas here and there. However, I really have got nothing."


Male Tanuki Bard/Monk16

::Can't believe you can't think of anything. I mean, have you ever::
He lands a couple feat away, shifts into human form and raises his eyebrows twice before turning a cartwheel and back into the shuriken, circling the last zombie, but not killing it.


Female Human (three-tailed)
Rakki Okane wrote:

::Can't believe you can't think of anything. I mean, have you ever::

He lands a couple feat away, shifts into human form and raises his eyebrows twice before turning a cartwheel and back into the shuriken, circling the last zombie, but not killing it.

floruence throws he staff at the last zombie with a loud crack, killing it.

"No. That works just as well."


Male Tanuki Bard/Monk16

He shifts back into his human form with his tail swishing back and forth and his hands behind his head with his fingers laced.
"That's not really what I was refering to..."


Image Alternate Image Yet another alternate image this one showing at least a tattoo
Archena Surya wrote:

"Anyone else like music?"

She asks without removing her head from the table.

"Listening to it, sure. I'm kinda tone deaf, so no singing or instruments for me. My older sister teaches music here. She has a band and stuff too. FAIN. You might have heard of them."


Image
Jessa Mar'Niell wrote:
Nala Zamarosok wrote:

Nala nodded, wiping her sweaty palms on her skirt, trying to rein in her fears.

"That would explain why you don't understand why I'm afraid. It requires a great deal of knowledge of the fey to know even pieces of what I'm talking about. ANd obviously neither of you are fey or even changeling. I would like to explain, but perhaps the hallway isn't the best place...would you mind coming with me? There should be an empty classroom near here since it's lunchtime. And perhaps you require some healing? Your nose is bleeding. I should be able to help," she said, straining to remain calm.
"I am sorry for this interruption of your tour Jessa," she added, turning her attention back to her charge. "And that you had to see me like this. As you can see, I told you the truth when I said I had issues of my own."
Jessa smiles a wan smile, "We all have our demons, it seems. Shall I come with you, or would you prefer this to be more private?"

"You're welcome to come with if you would like. What I am about to share is obscure but not secret. Not anymore. There was a time when it was, but since they believe that war to be over, the queens no longer care who knows."


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

Ace scoops up Squeaky, and follows the girls into his room, shutting the door behind him. As he's got a single, Ace's room is rather large, with a decent open area he's set aside for his morning workout. His bed is nice and big, and definitely comfy looking. There's also several chairs which he offers to Ty and Jai.

He jumps right in, not wanting to waste time. "Kitty was brutally murdered, along with all her animals, save my lil guy here, who hid behind some bags of food. She's been since brought back to life. For awhile, I was a suspect, but no longer. Just a little while ago, Ginni was also murdered, and while she too has come back to life, her mind is a shattered, fractured mess. Our last conversation was actually a stupid argument cuz I picked a fight with David, trying to blow off some steam. She walked off, and then wound up dead." He finally lets the truth of the situation hit him, and starts to cry "Its all my fault, we always have breakfast together, I should have been there to protect her!"


Ryleh Her usual mode of dress.
Al'rqyq mn Al'kwabys wrote:
Sheessuroussen wrote:
Al'rqyq mn Al'kwabys wrote:
Ryleh wrote:
Al'rqyq mn Al'kwabys wrote:
Al sits up in his tree, happily eating a rabbit he'd caught for lunch, taking a break from his patrols through the woods. He is blissfully unaware of the dragons stalking him while he's eating, the small bones on his necklace clacking as he tears at his lunch.
"I said, come down from that tree now," Ryleh repeated in a calm but firm voice.

The munching stops mid crunch, as there's a stirring. A male head pokes out and over the branch. He wipes a way the "juices" from his mouth, his slightly feline facial features are accented with a flash of his teeth as he smiles.

"Umm...sure...?" he pulls back into the tree cover, and you'll hear the rustle of feathers as he gives a couple flexing beats of his wings, until the final full down beat gets him airborne, and he swoops up and around, then lands on the ground in front of his guests. He looks them once over, looking for obvious stabbing weapons. Something has him cautious.
"How may I help you?" He says, with a very slight purring rumble. He's obviously not a native speaker of common...

When the person comes from the tree with no apparent hostility, Sheessuroussen walks toward the maftet slowly.

His hair is silver gray and pulled back into a severe topknot; the tall gentleman is well muscled and darkly tanned, and though he looks to be quite old, he stands erect and looking regal in his dark blue robes. His eyes are piercing and predatory, like a shark or jaguar, though he does not look to be angry or violent in any way, it is simply that he is a predator and he definitely shows it. His voice is like the rumble of the tide as he speaks.

"Sir, I wish to inquire as to your purpose and reasoning to be in these woods, if you do not mind my asking." Though he is polite and respectful, you have the feeling that he is not asking so much as he is demanding politely.

...

Ryleh examined the appearance of this boy closely. "You have been inside the school before?" she asked, remembering the reports she had reviewed not that long ago while trying to determine who had killed her granddaughter. This boy matched the description of someone who had been mentioned in those reports. "Why do you not stay in the school?"


Female Human (three-tailed)
Rakki Okane wrote:

He shifts back into his human form with his tail swishing back and forth and his hands behind his head with his fingers laced.

"That's not really what I was refering to..."

she gives you a look, waiting for you to explain better.


Male Maftet 16 Stalker (umbral blade)/Dread
Ryleh wrote:
Ryleh examined the appearance of this boy closely. "You have been inside the school before?" she asked, remembering the reports she had reviewed not that long ago while trying to determine who had killed her granddaughter. This boy matched the description of someone who had been mentioned in those reports. "Why do you not stay in the school?"

He looks puzzled at the question, but answers it.

"I've been in to assist when needed, I don't mind helping...but...I am uncomfortable in enclosed spaces with others around...I tend to make people feel uneasy around me, though it's not intentional. He sighs. "It's a long story, Gyna'ka."

That word I just made up is an honorific in Sphynx for a female elder, mother, or grandmother or other respected female member of the clan/tribe/enclave.


Male Human (Mole Zoanthrope) 16 Monk/Ninja

Opens the door to his dojo/classroom when they arrive, beckoning those that followed in. It very much looks like an old dojo, with a main mat in the middle of the room, surrounded by other mats to sit on, all resting on finely polished cherry wood floors. On this side of the door, it looks like rice paper doors and lamps, although you can tell that while they shed light, there's no fire in the lamps. Weapons adorn one wall, while practice armor is on racks along another. This room has a definite calming flow to it...

"Please, come in..."


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16
Arthur Barren wrote:

"I didn't mean to be rude, but honestly, this work is more important than his possibly hurt feelings, and I'm more than a little bit distracted"

If ardente is still in the room Arthur looks at him and mumbles out "sorry" before scoffing at her final statement but grinning nonetheless.

Mel tries to hide a giggle as Arthur returns to work.

leaning over closer, she whispers, ya know you have a cute dimple on you cheek when you make a face like that.

Mel then returns to her work. she seems to be analyzing every aspect she can on the rift, its energy patterns, size and composition, even looking to find signs as to its origin.


Baboon

Sun leads Sara across the bridge to a huge nesting area for the Giant owls. This is one of three nesting areas of our temple. Lang wanted me to bring you to this one in particular because this is where he first met Simba. Taking Sara's hand Come on there is something special you need to see.

Sun takes Sara through the huge nesting area, which is home to about 2 dozen owl families.

there are maybe a dozen or so monks here as well, tending to the owls but they pretty much keep to their work.

eventually Sun leads her to a nest with three baby owls in it. Simba is there watching over them. Simba does not hinder their approach, but does watch them.

looking to Sara, go ahead, you may get closer, pet them even if you want, they are Simba's babies. Sun urges Sara to approach the nest.

all three baby owls hop about in the nest. anxious to meet someone new.

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator

Arthur chokes on the water he was drinking out of and blushes slightly, firmly starring at his work.


Female Kitsune Sorcerer/Magus
Ryuzo Kato wrote:

Opens the door to his dojo/classroom when they arrive, beckoning those that followed in. It very much looks like an old dojo, with a main mat in the middle of the room, surrounded by other mats to sit on, all resting on finely polished cherry wood floors. On this side of the door, it looks like rice paper doors and lamps, although you can tell that while they shed light, there's no fire in the lamps. Weapons adorn one wall, while practice armor is on racks along another. This room has a definite calming flow to it...

"Please, come in..."

Alys steps inside, pausing to bow to the front of the mat after stepping aside to make room for the others.


Female Firebird Oracle 7

Archena bolts up from the table.
"No way. No way!"
She looks at Raelle excitedly.
"That's the music Elaine always played for me! And you know them?!"


N/A Male voice Robot Ninja10/Machinesmith 1

"Sir, I believe Ms.Waverider is initiating a humanoid early courting ritual commonly referred to as 'flirting.' Common customs include physical contact, usually involving the face or hands and describing attributes of the second party that the first party finds pleasing."
Hermes states things in a matter of fact way, without looking up from database research he is doing.


Male Tanuki Bard/Monk16

"I mean have you ever hooked up with anyone."
He looks around, checking to see if there are any more zombies.


female human Witch 5 / Pack Lord Beastmaster 0.5

"They're so cute."
Sara smiles and leans over into the nest.
"Hello babies."
She pets them all as they cheep and chitter.
"He he. They don't know how to talk yet."
:)


Female Human (three-tailed)
Rakki Okane wrote:

"I mean have you ever hooked up with anyone."

He looks around, checking to see if there are any more zombies.

"Oh. no I haven't. Not high on my list of priories.... And it seems we're done now."


Male Tanuki Bard/Monk16

Want to each roll, say, 5d20? Average 50.
5d20 ⇒ (9, 20, 9, 12, 18) = 68If so.
"Yet another thing I recommend you try. Especially considering you don't have to worry about daily things like food and clothes. More time for fun."
He looks up and addresses the room.
"Could you tell us how many targets each of us defeated?"
A pair of numbers appear in the sky as the polite voice reads them off.


Female Human (three-tailed)

she's restricted to single-target Attacks. You almost certainly won.
"Why? Doesn't really seem fun."


Male Tanuki Bard/Monk16

Maybe, but she had far more efficiency. Rakki would spend turns setting up for more impressive moves. Go ahead. It's a tough roll to beat anyways.
"Take my word for it. It is most definitely fun. Especially when you're flexible."
He stretches.

71,351 to 71,400 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1423 | 1424 | 1425 | 1426 | 1427 | 1428 | 1429 | 1430 | 1431 | 1432 | 1433 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.