Sic Semper Tyrannis! (Thrune's Hell's Rebels Revived)

Game Master GM Aarvid

Rebellion
Maps

Loot Sheet

GM Screen:

Perception:
'[dice=Perception (Arcos)]1d20+1[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Lubella)]1d20+5[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Talvek)]1d20[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Fhingle)]1d20+3[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Sidius)]1d20+3[/dice]

Initiative:
'[dice=Initiative (Arcos)]1d20+4[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Lubella)]1d20+4[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Talvek)]1d20+1[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Fhingle)]1d20+2[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Sidius)]1d20+6[/dice]


201 to 250 of 2,750 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Aid (9 temp hp)

"Rexus, would your colored light spell work on these dogs?", Lubella asked. "I'm worried all this barking will attract the neighbors' attention.", Lubella asks.

Posting my actions for the start of round 2. If Rexus indicates he can disable the dogs, Lubella will delay, or move out of the way if necessary, otherwise she will go around and see if she can open the back door. I can't tell on roll20 where that is exactly.


Nope, they're not squeezing. If you can't make the Escape Artist check, it just means you can't move through that gap during that move action. It also provides cover in either direction, so there's that.

Felicia slashes at the massive dog, but her falcata connects with the door, only causing more barking from within.

Rexus snaps his attention to Lubella at her question. "Oh! Yes, yes it should! Try this on for size, you beasts!" He steps forwards, waiting for a clear shot to send his colored lights into the livery.

Will (Feral Mastiff): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Will (Feral Mutt 1): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Will (Feral Mutt 2): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Well...alright then.

A blast of color erupts from Rexus' outstretched hand, streaking past Felicia into the livery. There's a few yelps of fear before the barking silences - all three dogs fall to the ground, unconscious. "That won't last long," he says, a bit surprised at how effective the spell was. "What do we do now?"

GM Screen:

Unconscious: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3
Blinded: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Technically, we're still in rounds. Amalie, Arcos, you're up.


Could it be that they are thirsty? If we have a hole or a bowl, I could get them some fresh water. Actually, if any of us want a drink of water I can manage that. I'd prefer to not just kill the poor mutts. Perhaps if they can be made to trust us they can help us? She asks, pensively, but still warily.


HP 8/11 | Panache 2/3 | =^._.^= Swashbuckler 1 AC/FF/T 18/14/14 | F+1 R+6 W-1 | Init +4 | Perc +3 +Scent

"Whoa that smelled like dried figs... or maybe cherries?" Felicia says with a giggle. "Perhaps we ought to tie or kennel them before they wake up?"


Vigilante 4 | HP 29 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | F +2 R +7 W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +3 |

"I believe tying them up would be the most effective way to restrain them. They can't really untie themselves can they"


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Aid (9 temp hp)

"I'd imagine they might eventually trust one who feeds them.", Lubella replied. "I'll go inside and look for something to use use as a leash." She slipped back inside through the gap between the doors, steppeing around the unconscious dogs, and looked around for rope or empty crates.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Lubella slips back inside the livery, casting her eyes about for any spare rope. While she finds evidence of cordage, all of the rope she can spot is old and frayed, useless for restraining untamed beasts. There is quite a bit of discarded and damaged furniture here, though, that may serve her purposes.

And, wait...was that a glint of silver? Yes, an errant beam of sunlight - no doubt a sign from the Dawnflower herself - alights upon a band of silvery material hanging from one of the rafters.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Aid (9 temp hp)

Lubella hesitated a second; she was tempted by the glint in the rafters. But from what Rexus said, it sounded like it would be only moments until the dogs regained consciousness. The band of silver would have to wait.

She started grabbing furniture and hauling it towards the door. She didn't have time to figure out which pieces would be best; she just took whatever was closest at hand, depositing the items just inside the entrance. She wasn't sure that it was practical to try to get the dogs through the gap in the door; the large one couldn't squeeze though when it tried a few seconds ago.

Panting, Lubella called out to the others as she lugged the furniture, "Sorry, I can't see any usable rope! Hopefully some of this junk will be useful. See what you can do with it!" She went back to grab more. She hoped that one or more of her friends would be able to wriggle inside; she didn't think she was going to be able to secure the dogs by herself in time.


Rexus' Escape Artist: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

"We don't have any time to lose!", Rexus says, following Lubella's lead. He tries to slip inside the doors, and he manages to squeeze through the tight opening. "Alright! How can I help?"

That's 1 round of unconscious, stunned, and blinded gone. What are you guys doing for Round 2?


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Aid (9 temp hp)

"We need to make something to use for collars," Lubella advised Rexus as she dragged an old armchair over. "Look for any cords or lacings and remove them: those are our best bet. You can also cut leather or canvas into long strips. Do you have a knife? You can use my dagger if you need to. We can use our belts as well, if necessary.

"Once we have the collars on the dogs, we need to attach them to something solid. Even a piece of heavy furniture will do if necessary." Breathing heavily, she set off again to retrieve another chair.

If Rexus doesn't have a dagger, Lubella will give him hers to use; she can still use her Scimitar.


HP 8/11 | Panache 2/3 | =^._.^= Swashbuckler 1 AC/FF/T 18/14/14 | F+1 R+6 W-1 | Init +4 | Perc +3 +Scent

Escape Artist: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Felicia slips through the door easily enough. She peeks into her pack. "All I have is a rather revealing dress and my hammock. We can use the ropes on the hammock to get at least two of them!"


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Aid (9 temp hp)

Lubella thought about making a witty remark about the dogs and the revealing dress, but realized she had nothing. Instead she replied, "That's a relief: I'm glad someone has rope! Oh, and my sling might be of some small use as well."


Rexus gratefully accepts Lubella's scimitar and quickly sets to work cutting apart Felicia's hammock with it.

Amalie? Arcos? Actions?


All I have is some silk stitching thread. It isn't much, but may be able to bind the rope. Later. I can help cut the hammock though. Amalie says, sliding a dagger from the folds of her cloak.


Vigilante 4 | HP 29 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | F +2 R +7 W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +3 |

"I can help to cut the hammock as well," Arcos says, pulling a dagger out of a sheath at his belt.


Since you probably want to be in the livery to help with the cutting...

Escape Artist (Amalie): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Escape Artist (Arcos): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Amalie and Arcos slip through the narrow gap, and move to assist in converting Felicia's hammock into makeshift tethers for the dogs. Second after tense second pass as you cut the hammock into three cords, drag the dogs to the stables, and tie them off to a sturdy beam, taking extra care to wrap the cordage around their legs and chest to prevent strangulation. When they recover from the Rexus' color blast, they resume their barking, but the tethers hold...at least for now.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Aid (9 temp hp)

"That's better!", Lubella said once the dogs were restrained. She threw a bit of her packed lunch to the animals to see if that would reduce the noise level. After that, she turned her attention back to the glint of silver she saw previously in the rafters. She muttered an incantation and tried to move the band with the force of her will.

Casting Mage Hand. This will only work if the item is not magical, and not tied or otherwise fixed in place.

Mage Hand:

School transmutation; Level bard 0, magus 0, sorcerer/wizard 0, summoner/unchained summoner 0

CASTING
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S

EFFECT
Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target one non-magical, unattended object weighing up to 5 lbs.
Duration concentration
Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance no

DESCRIPTION
You point your finger at an object and can lift it and move it at will from a distance. As a move action, you can propel the object as far as 15 feet in any direction, though the spell ends if the distance between you and the object ever exceeds the spell’s range.


The dogs scrap with each other to get at the food that Lubella throws them, and it does indeed quiet them down while it lasts. Now that she's able to concentrate, she focuses her will, and the ring slides off the nail it's on, floating into her hand. Once she has a closer look at it, she can tell that it's a signet ring with a stylized 'J' on its face, and it's not actually made of silver, but platinum.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Aid (9 temp hp)

"It's a signet ring!", Lubella announced. "Does anyone recognize the insignia? I'm afraid my knowledge of Kintargo's nobility is a bit spotty." She passed the ring around for the others to have a look.

Those dogs are obviously starving, Lubella thought. I can go without for a bit. She threw the rest of her lunch to them, watching with some regret as it vanished in the feeding frenzy.


I'll take a look. I don't know as much about the nobility, but general history I've got an alright mind for. Amalie offers.

Knowledge History: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Not sure if this works for this or not....but I'll try a K:HIST to see if I recognize the signet.


Amalie recognizes the signet ring as belonging to House Juliac, a noble line that died out around the time of the Chelish Civil War some eighty years ago. As she wonders why a long-dead house's ring would be in a disused stables, she recalls that the house used to own property here in Redroof - the buidling could represent one of the last crumbling edifices to this noble house in the city. As it stands, the ring is worth little more than the metals used to make it - which could be fair chunk of change, due to the amount of platinum inside it.

I'll need an Appraise check for a value, though.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Aid (9 temp hp)

"I wonder why someone would leave it hanging in the rafters?" Lubella said. "It's almost as if it was left there so we could see it! Rexus, your mother's letter talked about chambers beneath the stables. There must be an way down somewhere around here. It's probably hidden."

Lubella started her search at the floor right under the nail that held the ring, looking for a concealed trap door. She started moving crates nearby to see if they were covering something.

Perception, Taking 10: 10 + 5 = 15


Interesting. It's from House Juliac. They faded away about eighty years ago, back during the Chelish Civil War. The family used to own property here in Redroof, maybe that's why it's here. But it is odd that such an artifact would be here. she mutters, as she turns it over in her fingers, trying to judge its worth.

Appraise: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16


HP 8/11 | Panache 2/3 | =^._.^= Swashbuckler 1 AC/FF/T 18/14/14 | F+1 R+6 W-1 | Init +4 | Perc +3 +Scent

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Felicia pokes around in the back rooms, Trying to cover ground in conjunction with Lubella.


After studying it for a time, Amalie believes the ring might fetch around 200 gp when sold.

As you poke around the livery, you note that there is a hinged iron gate blocking the entrance to a hallway leading south. The middle of the gate is missing a bar, but the bars are so closely spaced that only Lubella would stand a chance to slip through without opening the gate. The gate itself is locked, as a quick test reveals. Beyond the gate is a wooden sledge leaning up against the southern wall, a few barrels and crates that are far more intact than any you've seen in the stables yet, and a door that hangs open on the western wall. The door looks odd, but it's hard to tell why from this distance.

The first of the two offices that Felicia examines has very little inside - an old desk, a chair, and some cupboards that are empty save dust and rat droppings. However, she spots prints in the dust - strange little tracks that crisscross the room that look like footprints the size of a human infant, but clawed.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Aid (9 temp hp)

[b]"Another lock! I don't suppose your key would be for this gate either, Rexus?"[b], Lubella asked hopefully.

She circled around, looking from different angles at the rafters where the ring had been. Just in case someone hung a key up there too.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Vigilante 4 | HP 29 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | F +2 R +7 W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +3 |

Arcos pokes about, looking for anything of interest.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21


"No, no, that key's not for anything here at all," Rexus replies as he helps Lubella search. While she doesn't find anything in or around where the ring hung, Arcos examines the office that Felicia is not in, and pulls open a drawer in the desk to discover an iron key.

Suddenly, one of the cupboard doors in Felicia's room slams shut, and the noise sets off another round of barking and baying from the hounds.

Felicia:

You get a whiff of magic shortly before the door slams. You can make a Knowledge (arcana) check to know more, if you'd like.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Aid (9 temp hp)

I'm assuming that Arcos passes along that he found something.

Lubella went to see what Felicia and Arcos had found in the offices. Seeing that Arcos had found a key, she said, "Hopefully that opens the lock on the gate; the gap there looks like a tight squeeze even for me!"


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Aid (9 temp hp)

"Hey, Felicia," Lubella said, as she walked over to the other part of the offices. "Arcos found a key! We're going to see if it opens the gate."


Pushing things along...

Lubella and Arcos head towards the gate, and the key he found does in fact open the lock. The gate swings open, affording access to the hallway beyond. Moments after, Lubella and Arcos feel the temperature drop noticeably - both of them can see their breath steam as they shudder from the sudden chill.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Aid (9 temp hp)

"What was that?" Lubella asked. "The temperature just dropped!" She said a few arcane words and scanned the hallway ahead.

Casting Detect Magic
She doesn't have Knowledge Arcana yet, so she'll try Knowledge Religion

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

I don't take 10, and look what happens!


Amalie looks up from her appraisal, excited to share her assessment with her new friends.

Looks like we could get 200 gold or so for the metal in this ring! If we could find a buyer, that is.


HP 8/11 | Panache 2/3 | =^._.^= Swashbuckler 1 AC/FF/T 18/14/14 | F+1 R+6 W-1 | Init +4 | Perc +3 +Scent

Felicia walks out of the back room. Her tail is puffed out and her ears are laid back against her head. "I don't like this place. Something weird is going on here..."


Vigilante 4 | HP 29 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | F +2 R +7 W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +3 |

"Hmmm, could be just a draft. Let's hope it's not anything else."


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Aid (9 temp hp)

"Rexus' mum thought there was something important here, so we'd better check it out," Lubella replied. She advanced down the hallway, her blade at the ready. She took a closer look at the door, which hadn't seemed quite right from a distance.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Aid (9 temp hp)

"I can't help thinking there's something important about that ring," Lubella said to Amalie as she examined the door. "I find it hard to believe it's been just hanging on a nail in the rafters ever since the livery closed down."


My apologies for being radio silent for a few days - it's been a bear of a few days at work.

A closer look at the door reveals what bothered Lubella from the entryway. There was no real frame in the door, and the hinges were internal. If this door weren't hanging open, it would be very difficult to tell that there was even a door on the wall.

Beyond the door is an old workroom that houses numerous old slaughterhouse tools, veterinary equipment, and woodworking tools, all of which are covered with a thick layer of dust through which strange tracks and patterns have been traced. Heavy mallets, crumbling ropes, and tools for restraining animals hang from pegs in the walls or rest atop leaning tables. To the southwest, a trap door sits ajar, propped open by a block of wood.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Aid (9 temp hp)

As Lubella surveyed the workroom, she felt a sudden need for quiet. It seemed obvious that other creatures had been here recently. She had never heard of dogs using a trap door. Something intelligent has been here recently. She motioned for the others to come forward. She didn't fancy descending below without backup. She stopped and listened for movement down the opening.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Hearing nothing, she advanced and looked to see if there was a ladder leading down.


Vigilante 4 | HP 29 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | F +2 R +7 W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +3 |

Arcos pulls out his dagger, and pauses for a moment to listen for anything that might be going on.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


I'm inclined to agree Lubella. Is an odd thing to leave hanging about. she says quietly as Lubella walks away toward the trap door.

Amalie stops briefly, picking up a handful of pebbles from the debris on the floor. Dumping them into her pocket, she selects three of them and casts magic stone, not wanting to be caught unawares.

3/4 1st level | 3/3 Magic Stones


Lubella enters the room to examine what lies through the trap door, and does note a ladder leading down into a sublevel. Even from up here, the smell of urine and feces wafts up to assail her nostrils. The light barely penetrates the livery's basement, but she can tell that the floor is about fifteen feet below the room she's currently standing in.

While she peers into the floor below, the rest of you notice something begin to ooze from the far wall. Something thick and crimson that streaks down the wall, first in thin rivulets, then thicker streams. A message begins to take form in large, scrawled letters.

L. E. A. V. E.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Aid (9 temp hp)

Lubella spoke as she walked back out to the others: "There's a trap door, which gives access to a ladder going down 15ft to the basement (which, by the smell, is being used as a toilet!)" As she finished she noticed that her comrades weren't paying attention to her, instead staring with wide eyes at the wall behind her. She turned and saw a message crudely written in blood, which had definitely not been there a moment ago!

After a moment of shock, Lubella recovered her wits and exclaimed, "This place is haunted!" After a pause, she continued slowly, "Whatever it is thinks we don't belong here.... I wonder if showing the ring would make any difference?"


HP 8/11 | Panache 2/3 | =^._.^= Swashbuckler 1 AC/FF/T 18/14/14 | F+1 R+6 W-1 | Init +4 | Perc +3 +Scent

Felicia cautiously creeps forward and sniffs at the blood to see if it's actually blood.


It doesn't smell like blood at all. In fact, it smells like magic.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Aid (9 temp hp)

"Is it human blood?", Lubella asked, as the catgirl sniffed at the wall. The halfling moved forward for a better look.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

At this point, Lubella doesn't have the ring, so she can't try presenting it (I believe Amalie had it last). I also presume that Felicia hasn't said anything about what she has smelled.


Amalie quirks an eye at the message and glances back at the ring.

You know, I wonder.... she says, slipping the ring on her finger. She stalks up to the writing, holding her fist out, presenting the ring.

I hold the ring of House Juliac. By whose authority do you seek to banish us?


Lubella investigates the bloody writing further, noting that it doesn't really have a smell at all. It certainly looks like blood, though, even if it doesn't show signs of drying.

Amalie slips the ring on her finger, commanding the spirits to recognize the authority of House Juliac. There's no response, either in more macabre writing or vocal answer.

Back in the hallway, Rexus and Arcos are watching the other women investigate these preternatural events, when he spots movement behind the nobleman. The sledge, which was previously leaning against one of the walls, now floats in midair, slowly raising behind Rexus, its massive wooden head angled back menacingly in preparation to strike.


Vigilante 4 | HP 29 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | F +2 R +7 W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +3 |

"R...Rexus? You seeing this? I'm not going crazy am I? Arcos backs up, electricity starting to spark at his fingertips.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Aid (9 temp hp)

"There's something weird about this blood," Lubella said. "It's not drying...." She heard Arcos saying something about 'crazy' and turned to look.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

It took her a moment to see what he was talking about. "Rexus, behind you!" , she cried.

Likely too late to be an effective warning.

201 to 250 of 2,750 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Barzillai Thrune's Hell's Rebels All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.