Sic Semper Tyrannis! (Thrune's Hell's Rebels Revived)

Game Master GM Aarvid

Rebellion
Maps

Loot Sheet

GM Screen:

Perception:
'[dice=Perception (Arcos)]1d20+1[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Lubella)]1d20+5[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Talvek)]1d20[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Fhingle)]1d20+3[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Sidius)]1d20+3[/dice]

Initiative:
'[dice=Initiative (Arcos)]1d20+4[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Lubella)]1d20+4[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Talvek)]1d20+1[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Fhingle)]1d20+2[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Sidius)]1d20+6[/dice]


101 to 150 of 2,747 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Amalie raises her staff into the air and brings it down, slamming it into the ground, sending a wave of holy light across everyone in the area, except for the four closest thugs. The wave parts around them, denying them the restorative magics.

Channel Healing: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Channel 3/5. Should hit the downed gloved man as well.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Aid (9 temp hp)

Lubella winced in pain as one of the thugs brought his mace down, hitting her arm. She lashed out at him, slicing at his leg, then stepped back to a slightly less exposed position. She felt Sarenrae's healing light wash over her as Amalie channeled the goddess' divine energy. "Thanks," she said, without taking her eyes off of her enemies.

Free Action: maintain battle dance, Standard Action: attack (the thug that hit her), 5' step

Scimitar, Battle Dance: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 = 8

Lubella has now used all of her Battle Dance rounds for the day.


Vigilante 4 | HP 29 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | F +2 R +7 W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +3 |

Arcos frowns slightly and shoots another arrow at the thug closest to Lubella.

Arrow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3


HP 8/11 | Panache 2/3 | =^._.^= Swashbuckler 1 AC/FF/T 18/14/14 | F+1 R+6 W-1 | Init +4 | Perc +3 +Scent

attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
DMG: 1d8 ⇒ 6

Felicia is fascinated with the battle. She watches Lubella add to her swing with Grace rather than strength and was intrigued. She lashed out, narrowly missing the vital she went for.

attack whoever is near, I can't see roll20 just now. I enjoy flavoring her thinking about things that will become her abilities soon, like slashing grace and improved crit :)


A warm holy light suffuses the area, and both Felicia and Lubella feel their wounds heal. From within the alleyway, the one-gloved man sighs in relief, though remains in a protective stance on the ground. Arcos lines up a shot on one of them, but his aim was off by a few inches, as the arrow ricochets off the alleyway's corner. Lubella and Felicia, however, both draw blood from their foes - Lubella in the man's leg and Felicia across his chest - and their demeanor changes from fury and fanaticism to fear.

Round 3

"Sod this!", one of them shouts, retreating down the alleyway and out into Kintargo proper. Of the remaining three, two of them warily advance upon the warrior women, while the third - clearly the brain trust of this intellectually bankrupt lot - takes a few steps backward towards the far end of the alleyway. "I've got your backs," he says, though the trembling evident in his mace belies his confident words.

Attack (Lubella): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Damage (Lubella): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Attack (Felicia): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Damage (Felicia): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

"Fat load of good yer doin' back there!", shouts the one squaring off against Lubella, and he's repaid by his distraction by swinging at where she was a few moments prior. The other, however, says little beyond a snarl as he lashes out with his mace, catching Felicia square in the side with a powerful blow. Ouch, max damage! Take 8, Felicia.

You guys are up!


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Aid (9 temp hp)

Lubella's magically fueled dance lost it's power as she expended her last reserves. Fighting a little less gracefully now, she parried her opponent's attack and struck at him, trying to break his morale. "I think your friend is getting ready to abandon you," she remarked.

Standard Action: attack

Scimitar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


HP 8/11 | Panache 2/3 | =^._.^= Swashbuckler 1 AC/FF/T 18/14/14 | F+1 R+6 W-1 | Init +4 | Perc +3 +Scent

immediate action: Dodging Panache. Then 5' step back in and attack

Felicia seems to overstay her last attack, but at the last second, she spins around forcing the mace to strike her in an armored spot of her garb instead of the soft bits.

She immediately steps back in with a grin "you hit like a girl!"

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
1d8 ⇒ 4

Dodging Panache allows me to add my cha mod to my ac against an attack, then 5' step away after. I've spent one Panache now.


Vigilante 4 | HP 29 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | F +2 R +7 W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +3 |

"Well, I certainly can't get any worse," Arcos mutters as he fires a arrow. Unfortunately, it flies over the thug's shoulder.

Shortbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Love when it stops telling me about new posts. Grumble.

Amalie limps up to Felicia's back and lays a hand on her shoulder.

Sarenrae bless you, friend. she whispers as healing magic floods out from her fingers into Felicia.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

1st 2/4, Channel 3/5


Yeah, that threw me off too. Also, since Felicia used Dodging Panache, she didn't get hit last round, so there's no need to heal her.


HP 8/11 | Panache 2/3 | =^._.^= Swashbuckler 1 AC/FF/T 18/14/14 | F+1 R+6 W-1 | Init +4 | Perc +3 +Scent

Felicia smiles at Amalie as she reaches out. Recognizing what she was about to do, the lithe girl moves her blouse slightly to show that the gash was in the sturdy leather garment she wore under her clothes, not her flesh.

There will certainly be other times when I need that, but Swashbucklers are hard to hit :) I only have 2 damage left over from the hit earlier, sorry I didn't see that. I'll update my stat bar unless Amalie decides to go on with the heal.


Amalie sees Felicia show her the lack of wound and retracts her hand quickly, sparing her use of Sarenrae's light. Instead she fishes out three more pebbles and casts magic stone on them.


The two thugs learn from their fleeing friends' lesson, and treat both Felicia and Lubella as actual threats, and this attention to defense allows them to escape unscathed.

Round 4

The two fleeing thugs disappear into Kintargo's streets, and the one on the far side of the alley moves to the alley's mouth.

Attack (Felicia): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Damage (Felicia): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Attack (Lubella): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Damage (Lubella): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

The thug fighting Lubella notes her dizziness from all of her spinning, and catches her unawares, striking her in the back with his mace. Lubella takes 6 points of damage. Felicia's taunt, though, only serves to enrage her foe, and his swing connects with the alleyway wall.

You guys are up!


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Aid (9 temp hp)

Lubella took another blow, but fought grimly on. She swung her blade weakly, then took a step back and to the side to give Arcos a clear line of fire. "Take a shot from over here!, she shouted.

Scimitar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Vigilante 4 | HP 29 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | F +2 R +7 W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +3 |

Arcos takes another shot at the thug that Lubella cleared an opening for. However, due to a bit of arm fatigue, his arrow falls short.

Shortbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


HP 8/11 | Panache 2/3 | =^._.^= Swashbuckler 1 AC/FF/T 18/14/14 | F+1 R+6 W-1 | Init +4 | Perc +3 +Scent

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
pain: 1d8 ⇒ 4
Felicia positions herself to defend the injured halfling, ready to lash out at any pursuers. She takes one shot at the one in front of her, bloodying him further.

Tactics: If the thug pursues Lubella, I get an op. If he attacks me, I will try to parry, granting me an op. If both attack me, I am focused on the one to my left, so the one on the right can swing at my AC, no class features. To be clear, the riposte costs me my op attack for the round, so I can't do both. I can block as many as I like granted I have the Panache.

Opportune Parry and Riposte:

Parry: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Opportunity Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
pain: 1d8 ⇒ 5
Confirm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
more pain: 2d8 ⇒ (8, 3) = 11


Rolling Damage for Arcos' Shot: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Speeding things along...

Attack (Felicia): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

With Lubella's tactical retreat, Arcos fires an arrow at one of the thugs, striking him in the thigh. The thug fighting Felicia spots an opening in her defense and swings, only to find that he's made a fatal mistake. Her blade flashes in the dim light of the alley, and opens a wide gash upon his chest. He drops his mace and falls to the ground, clutching his bloody wound.

"To Hell with this!", the one at the far end of the alley shouts, turning and running from the battle. Realizing he's left alone, the one with an arrow protruding from his thigh also breaks, following his ally down the alley. He withdraws, drawing no AoO.

The man in the alleyway gingerly stands, and calls after the fleeing man. "Hey! You forgot something!", he says, and as the thug turns, he shouts a few words of arcane power, and a blast of bright colored light illuminates the area the thug's in.

Thug's Will save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

The thug clutches his eyes, and falls to the ground unconscious.

Fight over!


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Aid (9 temp hp)

Lubella moved quickly over to the stranger in the alley. "Are you all right, sir?", she asked with concern in her voice. "Do you need healing?" Seeing that the danger was over, she sheathed her blade. "How long before he comes to?", she asked, indicating the the thug he hit with his spell.

Lubella is waiting to see if Amalie is going to channel before using her Cure Light Wounds spell to heal the stranger with one glove. She will look for something to use to tie up the unconscious thug (strips of his own clothing will do if needed).


Amalie makes her way over to the group and sends out a burst of light once more, providing all except the thugs with healing.

1st 2/4, Channel 2/5
Channel: 1d6 ⇒ 3


The man stands straight, brushing away the grime of the alley from his well-made clothes. He has a short frame wrapped in a tailored cloak and polished boots, and he picks up a finely made cane with a silver handle from the cobblestones. His hair is short and brown, and the beginnings of a widow's peak is beginning to form upon his crown. His goatee is well-maintained and short, and his handsome features are marred by the bruises of the beating taken from the thugs.

"Those ruffians did a number on me," the one-gloved man says to Lubella. "They were on me well before I noticed them, and didn't have a second to bring my magic to bear. If you four hadn't arrived when you did, I daresay that they would have finished the job our new Lord-Mayor's minions started a week ago. As for my spell, not long - they'll be out for about a minute. Finish up what you wish here, then we should be off before that one comes to."


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Aid (9 temp hp)

Lubella looked around to check that they were free of unwanted attention, then moved over to the unconscious man and took his weapon, along with any valuables that could be removed quickly. She felt a little guilty taking someone else possessions, but reasoned that she might need additional money to survive in Kintargo and carry out her mission. Besides, surely she could help someone more worthy than this ruffian! She decided that tying him up wasn't really going to gain anything, as long as they left promptly. "OK, ready to go," she said, standing up.

Perception, taking 10: 10 + 5 = 15


Lubella's search of the two men left in the alley reveals they have very similar possessions. Loot in the discussion thread.


Encounter: A New Friend in Need
Studded leather x2
Light mace x2
Manacles x2
Bronze Thrune pendant (Appraise check required)
8 gp


HP 8/11 | Panache 2/3 | =^._.^= Swashbuckler 1 AC/FF/T 18/14/14 | F+1 R+6 W-1 | Init +4 | Perc +3 +Scent

Felicia helps loot the creeps and only then notices the man's hand. "Oi, weren't you the one I was supposed to find at the protest? Must say this wasn't how I'd imagined..." her manner changes fairly drastically. In the fight she was confident and decisive, maybe even a bit manic, but now she seems sheepish, with a girlish excitement about her.

For flavor's sake, what aura does color spray give off? That is, what school is it?


Let's get to someplace safe, then we can chit-chat. Anyone know a good hidey-hole near here? Amalie says, leaning on her staff.

If we're still here when this one wakes, I'm afraid we'll have to kill him outright.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Aid (9 temp hp)

I wasn't sure if we would have time to remove the armor.

Later, when Lubella has time to look at the pendants:
Appraise, Untrained, Taking 10: 10 + 1 = 11

"He'll be coming to any moment now," Lubella said, moving out of the alley and down the street. She wasn't sure where she was going just yet, but needed to move away from the scene of the fight.

All other things being equal, she will go closer to her inn (no nearer than a couple of blocks away).


Or, loot in this thread, 'cause I'm a dummy. As for removing armor, it takes a minute to do so, or half that if you have help, so if you want to loot their leather armor and leave them in their skivvies, you totally can.

Lubella:

They're made of bronze, but aren't that great. Maybe 15 gold pieces each?

Felicia:

The scent of magic is upon the air, but it's very faint. You can't quite make it out. Since your Magic Scent works like detect magic, you need to be trained in Knowledge (arcana) to actually determine the school of magic involved. It'll also take 3 rounds to even determine that much, and minor spells like this one might dissipate before you can identify it.

"I am, Felicia," the man says to her. "You can call me Rexus. And the four of you caught my eye at the protest. There's a bookstore not far from here - Crissali's Fine Tomes. I know the owner quite well, and I should be able to persuade her to use her back room for a safe place to meet. Trust me, the five of us have a lot to discuss, but the streets are not safe, as you can see."


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Aid (9 temp hp)

OK, we'll take their armor.

"I need to retrieve my belongings from an inn near here," Lubella replied. "I could meet you at the bookshop, if it's not too hard to find." In truth, she particularly wanted to get her holy symbol - it would be best if others didn't find it, plus it felt strange not wearing it.

She could also use some more healing. She wants to save her spell slot for Expeditious Retreat in case she has to make a quick get-away.


"I don't think it wise to split up," Rexus says. "If it's nearby, then we can stop there along the way." He gives some indication of the direction of Crissali's shop, and Lubella recognizes the landmarks - it's about two blocks away from where she rented a room.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Aid (9 temp hp)

"That sounds like it's only a couple of blocks away," Lubella replied. "Let's go; be on the lookout for trouble." She adjusted her cloak to make sure that her weapon wasn't visible and pulled the hood over her head.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Aid (9 temp hp)

Lubella was unusually quiet as they walked through the city. Her normal conversation was absent as she scanned the side streets for Dottari and Chelish Citizen's Group militiamen. Danger could lurk anywhere.


HP 8/11 | Panache 2/3 | =^._.^= Swashbuckler 1 AC/FF/T 18/14/14 | F+1 R+6 W-1 | Init +4 | Perc +3 +Scent

Conversely, Felicia doesn't shut up the whole way. It seems every street corner she sees another building, shop, or house that she has a story about. Had it not been for the tense mood that she was oblivious to, it might actually have been rather pleasant. She has quite the gregarious manner and her stories were fairly entertaining.


Amalie, like Lubella, is quiet for much of the journey unless someone speaks to her. Mainly, she struggles to keep pace, the steady click of her staff on the stones a staccatoed reminder of her weakness.


Rexus remains tightlipped during the short trip, listening politely to Felicia's stories without adding any of his own. Your journey through Kintargo's streets is unmarked by any other interruptions, allowing Lubella to collect her equipment on the way to Crissali's Fine Tomes. Rexus leads you to a small shop in Jarvis' End, only a few blocks away from the opera house. The dottari have cordoned off the area, but it's not the Kintargan regulars that act as security. That job has been relegated to men and women dressed in dark iron heavy plate that has been styled to resemble exposed muscle, and a flayed cloak upon their shoulders. There is no sign of Nox, fortunately, and your small group quickly enters the shop.

The interior smells of aging paper and dust, and the shop's many shelves are packed with leather tomes and tightly-bound scrolls. A middle-aged woman, her hair showing streaks of gray, looks up from a papyrus scroll with the strange hieroglyphs of Ancient Osirion scriven upon it. "Are you ever without a tome of forgotten lore, Nandy?" Rexus says as he catches the eye of the shopkeep. Nandy smiles from behind her spectacles and replies, "Only when my eyes are tired of seeing anything but what my eyelids look like from the inside." The two exchange pleasantries for a few moments, but Rexus quickly comes to the point. "Ah, Nandy, could I borrow your back room for a few minutes? I met these fine folk only recently, but our conversation turned literary, and I felt that if we were going to talk books, there's really only one place to do it." She nods in assent, and he leads you back into a quiet study with several high-backed chairs and low tables, already containing a few books.

"Crissali's a dear friend," Rexus says, closing the door quietly once you've all entered the room. "There's plenty of bookstores in Kintargo, but if you're looking for rare books or arcane items, there's none better than Nandy. Just don't go talking politics in front of her. She's got no time for it."

Felicia:

Boy, Rexus isn't kidding. You can smell magic coming off several scrolls and tomes behind Nandy's counter. It's all a-jumble, but your senses hone in on one scroll in particular that has a scent stronger than all of the others.

"Now that we're safe, friends," Rexus continues. "Thank you again for the timely rescue. Truth is, our meeting was no coincidence. I followed you from the protest earlier today, but in the panic that erupted I lost track of your group. You proved yourselves to be people of uncommon skill, and I am a man of uncommon needs.

"My full name is Rexus Victocora, and until last week's Night of Ashes, I was one of this city's nobles. My parents' estate burned to the ground that night - I escaped simply because I was studying at the Alabaster Academy during the fire. There were other fires that night, as you know - fires that many believe were started by Barzillai Thrune or his agents in an attempt to squash any spirit of rebellion Kintargo might have.

"Now more than ever we need that spirit of rebellion to stay strong, but Thrune's actions have driven into hiding those who would stay strong and resist. Those who could once rally the city to a cause, such as Lord-Mayor Jilia Bainilus and my parents, are missing at best, and are more likely dead. I cannot do this on my own, but with the aid of talented citizens such as yourselves, I have hope that we can.

"So, what say you, friends. Will you aid Kintargo? Will you save the city from the devil?"


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Aid (9 temp hp)

Lubella was now wearing her holy symbol around her neck. She listened to Rexus intently.

"I should introduce myself," Lubella replied after Rexus had finished. "Lubella Heathertoes, at your service." She bowed before resuming. "I am not a citizen of Kintargo myself. I have been sent by the Temple of Sarenrae in Korvosa to find out what happened to Shensen, the opera singer, who has been leading the faithful in Kintargo. When the High Priestess heard of the events of the Night of Ashes, she was naturally very concerned. Any information you can give me about Shensen's whereabouts would be greatly appreciated.

"We didn't have much information on Barzillai Thrune. I see now that he is an evil man who is intent on ruling Kintargo with an iron fist. I cannot stand by and see such evil unopposed. I will join you in your struggle!" She wasn't entirely sure if the High Priestess would want her getting directly involved in a rebellion, but right now, Lubella didn't care. Sometimes you had to act, and ask for forgiveness later.


HP 8/11 | Panache 2/3 | =^._.^= Swashbuckler 1 AC/FF/T 18/14/14 | F+1 R+6 W-1 | Init +4 | Perc +3 +Scent

Felicia walks back in the rear of the party. She is momentarily distracted by her nose, and has a short exchange with Nandy before joining them.
She sniffs about, probably ignoring Crissali's protests to her nosing behind the counter and to the particular piece that caught her attention. "Wassat?" was her only question before reaching out for it.

Split time for posting convenience, in the back room now.

Felicia's eyes grew wider with every word from Rexus. She missed what Lubella said, completely lost in her fantasy of actually reviving the Silver Ravens. Suddenly her ears snap forward and she leaps to her feet, intending to make a heroic gesture with her sword in the air. "Yes! We will save Kintar-" her sentiment was cut short as she ripped her falcata from its sheath and promptly lodged it in the ceiling above her head. Her ears flatten and her tail swishes angrily as she gets distracted trying to dislodge it.


FLEX BACK

"Hey, hands off the mystic merchandise!", Nandy says, gathering up several items that Felicia can't help but touch. "That's the most powerful spell I have for sale here. It allows you to translocate hundreds of miles away in an instant. It's easily the most complex spell I've had my hands on, so much so that I don't fully understand the equations behind it, and I've wrapped my brain around short distance translocation. One day, maybe."


Vigilante 4 | HP 29 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | F +2 R +7 W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +3 |

Upon hearing the proposal, Arcos' eyes widen, and he says in a quiet but intensely hopeful tome"Liberating Kintargo? If it means being able to drink mint tea and be free of tyranny, I am fully in favor," he smiles, and speaks again, this time in the bold and brash tone of the Blue Warlock, "And the Blue Warlock will fight as well, not resting until Barzillai Thrune is driven back to wherever to devil-worshipping dogs come from!"


Vigilante 4 | HP 29 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | F +2 R +7 W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +3 |

Upon hearing the proposal, Arcos' eyes widen, and he says in a quiet but intensely hopeful tone, "Liberating Kintargo? If it means being able to drink mint tea and be free of tyranny, I am fully in favor," he smiles, and speaks again, this time in the bold and brash tone of the Blue Warlock, "And the Blue Warlock will fight as well, not resting until Barzillai Thrune is driven back to wherever to devil-worshipping dogs come from!"


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Aid (9 temp hp)

What is with the proclamations about mint and tea, anyway?, Lubella wondered. She had discovered the purpose of the one about large dogs, if the woman at the protest was to be believed. She shuddered at the thought.


HP 8/11 | Panache 2/3 | =^._.^= Swashbuckler 1 AC/FF/T 18/14/14 | F+1 R+6 W-1 | Init +4 | Perc +3 +Scent

flex
"hmm. Can't say I've found anything comparable in Kintargo. Smells like... Peppercorns and sweet lilys. Must be pretty expensive to be that strong. Oh I guess they're waiting on me in there..."


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Aid (9 temp hp)

Lubella waited until Felicia had retrieved her falchata from the ceiling before speaking any further.

"If we want to drive out Barzillai Thrune, we're going to need more people than the five of us - a lot more," Lubella remarked. "It seems to me that a good place to start gathering support would be with the faiths that were attacked during the Night of Ashes: those of Sarenrae and Milani. Worshipers of Cayden Cailean, Calistra and Desna would be potential supporters as well, I should think. And of course, Iomedeans are likely to be eager to push the House Thrune out of Kintargo.

"Beyond religious motivations, there must be some merchants that are not too happy with some of Barzillai Thrune's proclamations. What are your thoughts, Rexus? You know the city a lot better than I do. Do you think we could get any support from the nobles?"


"Possibly?", Rexus responds, but the upward intonation to his words indicates his confidence in his answer. "I doubt the great houses will turn on Barzillai just because the five of us asked them to. You're talking to the wrong Victocora in that regard. Portia, my mother, belonged to the Sacred Order of Archivists, an order of Iroran scholars who worked to preserve the history of Cheliax that House Thrunes redactors seek to destroy. She had contacts with other populist elements, and one of them sought me out after the Night of Ashes. Honestly, I didn't believe Laria at first, but well, she had proof."

He reaches into his cloak and produces a small coffer with a stylized 'V' upon the top. He opens the coffer and reveals a collection of gold coins, a signet ring with that same stylized 'V', a finely crafted dagger with a silver blade, a mithral key, a pair of metal arm guards with protective runes etched into it, and a letter. It was at one point sealed with orange wax, but it has been broken open. With a shaking hand, Rexus picks up the letter, and reads it aloud.

"My dearest son," he says, his voice cracking as he forms that third word. He stops for a moment to regain his composure, and continues. "If you are reading this, what I have feared has come to pass, and I am dead. For many years, I have belonged to the Sacred Order of Archivists and have worked to free Kintargo from Chelish rule. I have learned much about Kintargo's secret history, and fear the time will soon come when the city needs the return of its Silver Ravens. You have likely not heard of the Silver Ravens - few have. Mentions of them have been redacted by the agents of House Thrune, but during the civil war, the Ravens worked to ensure Kintargo's safety. They were heroes in their day, and I fear that Kintargo needs their kind again. Do not believe the government's claims that Lord-Mayor Bainilus abandoned us! Darker things are afoot, and I fear that all who work against Thrune may find themselves in danger in the days ahead.

"The Silver Ravens maintained numerous hideouts within Kintargo's walls during the civil war. I have located one such site - the chambers below a building known today as the Fair Fortune Livery. If you are reading this, I was unable to seek further answers there myself. Gather heroes to your side, my son, and search below the livery. There, if my research is correct, you will find something to teach you more of the Silver Ravens and their legacy.

"Do not let my death be in vain. Stand up for Kintargo. Bring the Silver Ravens back to life!" By the end, Rexus' cheeks are tear-streaked. He sets the letter down, and retrieves a handkerchief to dab away the tears. "If Kintargo is to be saved, I cannot do it alone. I couldn't handle Barzillai's thugs myself, and my mother is right. The times call for bold action. Help me explore the livery. If there's even a chance that Kintargo's salvation lies within, we must find it!"


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Aid (9 temp hp)

Lubella got down from her chair, walked around the table, and held Rexus' hand in her hands. "It sounds like your mother thought a great deal of you," she said gently. "Her actions have not been in vain, and your actions will not be in vain. One day, in this life or in the afterlife, she will learn of what you have started today, and she will be very proud. For you have set in motion the downfall of Barzillai Thrune!

"Tomorrow, let us go to the Fair Fortune Livery, and find the answers she was seeking!"


Amalie sat, listening to the tragic cracking in Rexus' voice. When he finished, she nodded as Lubella started speaking.

Your mother seems to have clear eyes and a brave soul Rexus. Thrune, and his lackeys, represent everything detestable in Kintargo and it is an abomination that they continue to draw breath while Kintargans continue to suffer. The Silver Ravens will fly once more! she says, her voice burning with a violent passion.


"Thank you, Lubella," Rexus says, laying his other hand on top of hers for strength. "And the rest of you as well. The contents of the coffer are all I have, but a rebellion needs funds, and I can't imagine any better use for them." He grows pensive for a moment, then withdraws the mithral key from the box. "Except this. It belonged to my mother, and has sentimental value. All the rest is yours. Oh! The bracers have some minor protective enchantments upon them. They give protection equivalent to padded armor. Not great, but better than nothing, one supposes.

"As for resting, I may have an answer there. My mother's contact is a woman by the name of Laria Longroad. She offered me a place to stay while I found my feet. I'm sure she would offer a place for you to rest as well."


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Aid (9 temp hp)

"I'm pretty sure we're all wearing armor," Lubella replied to Rexus, opening her jacket slightly to show the chain shirt underneath. "Why don't you wear the bracers for now?

"I'm not familiar with the location of the Fair Fortune Livery. What do you think would be the best time of day to avoid unwanted attention?"

I'm assuming it's mid to late afternoon at this point. Lubella is ready to go to Laria's when the discussion here is wrapped up.


"I won't argue too greatly there," Rexus says, picking up the bracers and placing them on his wrists. You note a faint purple aura glow around him for a moment before vanishing. "As for the Livery, it's over in Redroof, one of the more affordable areas to live if you don't have the coin. The buildings there are made from mudbrick from the Yolubilis, rather than the white limestone elsewhere in town. They don't afford as much protection from the elements in winter and summer, but if it's all you can afford, then you make do. I really don't know much more about the place beyond that. As for the coffee house, it's on the other side of town, in Villegre. If you're wanting to get some rest and check out the livery tomorrow, we should get going - we don't want to get caught outside after curfew."


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Aid (9 temp hp)

"OK, I'm ready to go when you are," Lubella replied.

Lubella waits for everyone to finish up here.

Lubella trudged along slowly, weighed down by her heavy pack. Within were the trade good samples that she had brought to support her cover story about being a Katepeshi merchant. There might be no point in posing as a merchant after today's events, but she could still sell the spices and textiles to raise some money.

Lubella's move rate is 20ft since she's carrying a medium load


GM Screen:

Random Encounter en route to Bleakbridge?: 1d100 ⇒ 48
If so, what?: 1d100 + 20 ⇒ (86) + 20 = 106

Your journey through Kintargo is once again uninterrupted, and you make it to the Bleakbridge without incident. The Bleakbridge is a silent, stone marvel of engineering that spans the Yolubilis, and connects the northern and southern sections of Kintargo. There's a longer than average wait to use it, but that's not unexpected. It's a toll bridge, and the 3 copper piece toll goes towards repairs on the bridge itself, as well as the shops and other buildings that dot its length. "Here, let me get that," Rexus says, reaching into his pouch to withdraw two silver coins, paying for your passage. "It's the least I can do for you for everything you've done, and are willing to do." The dottari that man their posts along the way watch you with suspicion, but take no other actions to slow your progress.

You arrive in Villegre shortly after the bells chime five, and quickly find the Long Roads Coffee House after that. It's a two-story affair that grants an excellent view of Villegre Park. Venturing inside, you see that the place has the subdued atmosphere you would expect from a coffee house - of the half-dozen or so tables you see, only two are currently occupied. A pair of students from the Alabaster Academy are seated at one, and debate some esoteric philosophical point, gesturing now and again to one of the tomes open on their table. At another, a third patron, some distance from the students, quietly strums a lute, offering some relaxing music to the patrons. You can smell the dark heady aroma of roasted coffee beans in the air, along with the yeasty smell of freshly baked bread. Indeed, a display case offers all sorts of breads, pastries, muffins, and other delectable baked goods. A small bell rings as you enter, and a woman's voice calls out from behind the counter, "Seat yourself where you like, I'll be with you in just a moment!"

101 to 150 of 2,747 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Barzillai Thrune's Hell's Rebels All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.