Sic Semper Tyrannis! (Thrune's Hell's Rebels Revived)

Game Master GM Aarvid

Rebellion
Maps

Loot Sheet

GM Screen:

Perception:
'[dice=Perception (Arcos)]1d20+1[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Lubella)]1d20+5[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Talvek)]1d20[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Fhingle)]1d20+3[/dice]
'[dice=Perception (Sidius)]1d20+3[/dice]

Initiative:
'[dice=Initiative (Arcos)]1d20+4[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Lubella)]1d20+4[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Talvek)]1d20+1[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Fhingle)]1d20+2[/dice]
'[dice=Initiative (Sidius)]1d20+6[/dice]


151 to 200 of 2,918 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

Lubella pulled her hood as far over her head as she could before crossing the bridge. Her heart was racing as the dottari looked at them suspiciously. She was almost sure they would recognize her, but they let the group pass without incident. The strange thing was, she had felt no real fear in combat earlier, but walking the toll bridge was gut-wrenching. Walking past the guards, cool as a cucumber - it always sounds so easy in stories.

When they entered the coffee house, Lubella chose a seat as far from the other patrons as possible. She set down her heavy pack in the corner and climbed onto a chair. She forced herself to remove her hood; wearing it while sitting at the table would just draw more attention to her. As she smelled the aroma of fresh bread, she realized she was starving.


HP 8/11 | Panache 2/3 | =^._.^= Swashbuckler 1 AC/FF/T 18/14/14 | F+1 R+6 W-1 | Init +4 | Perc +3 +Scent

Felicia calmed down a lot after her little moment. She went along with the plan to cross into villegre before heading for the Livery. She snickered a bit at the tiny Lubella struggling with her pack but immediately offered to share the load as her own bag was fairly empty, save a change of clothes, her hammock, and a flask of Applejack. Maybe that means a light load between us?

At the bridge she followed Lubella's lead, pulling her hood up and tucking her tail to be less conspicuous.

A fair distance away from the shop Felicia smells the food. By the time she gets to the door she's already digging in her pockets for coin to get some. As with any part of town, chances are someone recognizes her, and she gives them a wink before going about her business.


Amalie walks along, glad that someone else was moving the same speed as she! When they make their way into the shop, she inhales deeply, the rich odors sending her mouth into a salivary extravaganza.

She sinks into a chair, eager to both wet her whistle and to take some pressure off her knee.


Vigilante 4 | HP 29 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | F +2 R +7 W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +3 |

Arcos relaxes slightly as they walk into Villegre, having entered his district of choice. As he crosses the toll bridge, Arcos nods at the dottari, confident in his natural disguise. As he enters the coffee shop he smiles and orders a Katapeshi coffee, before sitting down at a table in the corner.


Not long after you sink into the sturdy wooden chairs, a fair-skinned halfling woman appears behind the counter, and her round face brightens with a broad smile as she sees who you're sitting with. Within moments, she's at your table with warm ceramic mugs and five plates of cinnamon rolls - or, more accurately, cinnamon roll, since the pastry is roughly the size of a dinner plate. "Rexus! You didn't tell me you were bringing old friends back with you! Please, eat - any friend of Rexus is a friend of mine." She immediately begins pouring cups of steaming black coffee for you, which has the usual dark scent coming from it, but also smells of strong spice. She has short, straight blonde hair on her head and feet, and the typical round physique you expect from halflings. She wears an flour-dusted apron over a simple green tunic, her her apple cheeks are rosy from the heat of the oven.

"Why don't we head back to my office, to catch up on old times?", she asks, mostly to Rexus, but clearly directed to you as well. "Aherm, right! Right, Laria," Rexus replies, momentarily caught off guard by the baker's reaction to you. "Um, lead the way!"

She leads you up a few steps to behind the counter, and opens a door into a large office with ledgers and orders on several shelves, and seats herself at a halfling sized desk. "Pull up a crate," she says, gesturing to the wooden boxes that dot walls. "So," Laria says after you've been seated, and Rexus has introduced you all to her. "You're the ones that Rexus has decided to pull into this conspiracy. I thank you for saving him from the Chelish Citizens' Group - those jackbooted thugs have grown bold in the last week, and I sincerely doubt that our new leadership will do anything to curb their patriotism. This isn't going to be a simple undertaking, so I have to ask - why? Why are you seeking to help rebuild the Silver Ravens?"


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

Coffee and a generous helping of cinnamon roll was just what Lubella needed to revive her spirits. She followed Laria to her office, and found a crate to sit on.

"Evil flourishes when good people do nothing," Lubella replied to Laria's question. "We can't wait around for someone else to do something about Barzillai Thrune. It's up to us to take action!", she declared passionately.


I've seen first hand what the unbridled cruelty of Asmodean zealots can do. It's why I became a healer. Why I study the herbal arts. To watch as those devilgrovelers wreak havoc upon good people, I cannot abide it. Plus, if I don't take action, like as much they'll find me and make an example out of my anyway. Amalie offers before sinking her teeth into the gooey mess of the cinnamon bun.


HP 8/11 | Panache 2/3 | =^._.^= Swashbuckler 1 AC/FF/T 18/14/14 | F+1 R+6 W-1 | Init +4 | Perc +3 +Scent

"He called me a cretin." After a pause and a few odd looks, she adds, "I love mint! How dare anyone say my palate is unrefined! Do you know how awesome my nose is!? Love the coffee by the way, you must get your cinnamon somewhere different it's very unique." After another pause she adds rather quickly and quietly, "Also i, ahm, found a rare unredacted book about the Silver Ravens when I came to town looking for my mom and I was staying with a noble who had a big library and I read it because I was curious but I read about Jackdaw and she seemed like the coolest person ever even though there was almost nothing about her or him or, well I just wanna believe it's a her."


Vigilante 4 | HP 29 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | F +2 R +7 W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +3 |

Arcos sips his coffee, savouring the rich taste, "Well, my family were fervent Asmodeans. I was not. They deeply despised my lack of faith and spark of intellect, and when I was finally found practicing arcane magic, they threw me out. I became a scribe here in Kintargo, and lay low while creating a persona to foght oppression and corruption as. To fight that corruption is my ultimate goal, and to reform the Silver Ravens is the best way to do that."


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

"You are right that the task before us is not easy," Lubella added. "If it were, someone would have done it already! Although I have only just arrived in Kintargo, I have already sensed the resentment and outrage at the unwholesome actions of the new Lord Mayor. People want to do something to reclaim their city from this monster, but they are afraid to act on their own. They need us to lead the way!

"I was sent by the temple of Sarenrae in Korvosa to aid the faithful in this city, but I can't with good conscience concern myself only with members of my own faith. It is my sacred duty to help those in need, regardless of their race, faith or social status.

"I expect this struggle to be long and difficult. We would welcome any help you could provide."


Laria listens to your words, smiling in particular when Felicia compliments her coffee. "No cinnamon in the coffee, I'm afraid, though the heat you're getting is probably my secret ingredient. Fell in love with that stuff on a visit I took to Varisia, and I try to incorporate it where I can."

"You all have very noble goals," Laria says at last, after you've finished. "And I'll be happy to assist you in those goals. As Rexus mentioned, I was one of his mother's contacts amongst the covert groups in Kintargo. One of the oldest, in fact. You're currently sitting in the Kintargan headquarters for the Bellflower Network. If you're not familiar with us, we help halfling slaves escape their masters in Cheliax and find freedom elsewhere in the world. I was one of the fortunate ones - while I was born into slavery, my master eventually had a change of heart and freed me upon his death. I spent some time working as a tiller before finally settling in here. Kintargo's been a popular spot for the Network, since most Kintargans hate the practice of slavery, but ever since the Night of Ashes, my network of contacts have either been killed, arrested, or gone to ground. A week ago, I could have introduced you to any number of like-minded nonconformists, but now?" She gestures around the room. "Right now, this is the resistance."

"Before we go too much further, what'd you find out about the livery? Did you find what your mother was asking about, Rexus?" Rexus takes a swig from his mug before responding, "We, um, haven't actually been yet, Laria. We were thinking about resting here for tonight and checking it out in the morning."

She gives a soft laugh in response. "Oh! Makes a good deal of sense - you don't want to get caught outside after the curfew without a good reason. I have a few beds made up in the upstairs for just such an occasion as this - you all are welcome to stay the night."


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

Lubella listened to Laria's talk of the Bellflower Network, and slavery in general. In a way, that's why I'm here, she thought. She had been trained as a dervish by the Cult of the Dawnflower, the militant sect that dominated the church of Sarenrae in Qadira and Katapesh. Unlike the larger church, the Cult of the Dawnflower tolerated slavery, so long as the slaves were not mistreated (at least that was the polite fiction that everyone gave lip-service to). As she grew older, Lubella had started to question why it was OK to own another person. She argued with others in her temple, which branded her as a troublemaker (in addition to her record of curfew violations, public intoxication and various pranks) . In the end, to get rid of her, she was transferred to the temple in Korvosa, where thankfully, the Cult of the Dawnflower's interpretations on the matter were not shared.

When Laria agreed to let them stay the night, Lubella replied, "Thank you. A safe place to sleep is most welcome."


HP 8/11 | Panache 2/3 | =^._.^= Swashbuckler 1 AC/FF/T 18/14/14 | F+1 R+6 W-1 | Init +4 | Perc +3 +Scent

"Oh yerh... Muft hah got it micfd up wof de cimmmnm rlll... Rull good though." She says through a big mouth full of cinnamon roll.

She listened intently as Laria spoke, wondering quietly what sort of slave owner would have a change of heart. I know Dad would've spat at the very thought! "If he would own something that can speak for itself, might as well be put down like the dog he is."

At the mention of sleeping, a mischievous spark welled up in her thoughts. She stretches, waving her tail about. "Well if we're going to sleep, I'll need a big sink, an empty box, or maybe a book that someone is currently trying to read." She waits for the awkward and quizzical looks. "Oh come on you stuffy lot! Cat jokes! Lighten up!" She strikes a pose intended to look mockingly like a kitty and brushes at her ear.


Amalie smiles broadly at Felicia's antics. A warm, safe, bed would be very welcome, thank you. she says, taking another deep drink and chewing on more delicious food.


"Right then," Laria replies, not missing a beat. "Four beds and a hamper of laundry. Where would you like me to place the scratching post?" She winks and gives a broad smile to the catgirl.

"The bunk isn't the most luxurious of places, but I can guarantee they're warm and safe, Amalie. Here, let me show you the way." She hops up from her chair and heads over to a corner of the office, where a ladder leads up to a trap door. Throwing that open, she leads you to the second floor, which open up to a lounge with a few sofas and low tables. A door on each of the three interior walls lead out of the room. "Employees bunk over there," she gestures to the southern door. "Guest bunk is right over here," she says, opening the eastern door to reveal a somewhat narrow room some fifteen feet wide and forty feet long. Five beds are pressed against the exterior wall, one of which shows signs of recent use. "Make yourselves at home! If you need anything after hours, my room's right across the hall. Let me know if you need anything!"


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

"Thanks," Lubella replied, putting her pack next to a bed. She laid on the bed and exhaled. What a day! Well, I wanted a break from the routine back in Korvosa. I can't complain about boredom now!

After twenty minutes, Lubella got up and washed her hands and face, removing the lingering traces of powder from the disguise she had put on in the morning. She cleaned and checked her equipment. Tomorrow might bring more excitement, so she had better be ready. She also attended to her own aches and pains with a healing spell.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

She talked with her new companions for a while, getting to know them a bit better. She also asked questions about the city, for her briefing about Kintargo and its recent events had been very hasty.


Vigilante 4 | HP 29 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | F +2 R +7 W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +3 |

"Kintargo is a lovely city, when it's not being ruled by a diabolical dictator. I run a scribe's shop in Villegre, although I suppose I won't have much time there now that we're reforming a rebel group. Suppose I can't easily get my favourite pen. In any case, if you want someone to show you around just say the word."


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

"Thanks, I appreciate the offer," Lubella replied. "One thing I was wondering about - how would we cross the river if the authorities closed the bridge or were checking people too closely?"


Vigilante 4 | HP 29 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | F +2 R +7 W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +3 |

Arcos chuckles, "Well, the only easy way across the river is the bridge. However, if the situation was truly dire, we could hire or buy a boat to get us across, or swim if we felt daring."


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

"I don't feel that daring!", Lubella replied. She was not a strong swimmer. She could generally keep her head above water, but actually going anywhere was a dubious proposition.


"Life still goes on, even if we're plotting sedition," Rexus says, taking off his boots. "I mean, Laria's coordinated getting slaves to Varisia and other places outside of Cheliax, and always had time to manage the Long Roads. I can't say it'll be easy, but you should be able to keep at the scribing."


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

"Hmm, I guess my day job is getting the Sarenrite community organized again," Lubella said to no one in particular. "There was speculation that the Church of Shelyn might give asylum to the local priests of Sarenrae. Does anyone know if that happened? She laid back on the bed and let her mind wander for a bit.

"Hey Amalie, she said after a few minutes. "I'm starting up a shrine. Do you want to be a priestess?"


HP 8/11 | Panache 2/3 | =^._.^= Swashbuckler 1 AC/FF/T 18/14/14 | F+1 R+6 W-1 | Init +4 | Perc +3 +Scent

Felicia shed her garments, buckler, and armor leaving only her underclothes. She took little heed of the fact that Arcos and Rexus were still in the room as she undressed and strode the length of the room to peer out a window. She put a hand to her side, where four scars lined her ribcage. She snapped to at the talk of dayjobs. "I don't care to return to my way of surviving here in Kintargo. I suppose if we need to kill time I'll throw myself at getting people to join us. It'll be easier once we get something to work towards. I hope that's what we'll find at the stables."
She took a deep swig from her flask and gestured to offer it to anyone else in the room.

After a moment she seems to remember a train of thought. "Oh yeah, Amalie, I hope it isn't rude of me to ask, but you know what they say about curiosity," she absentmindedly scratches her ear, "What is wrong with your leg that you can't heal it? I mean I'm pretty sure I had a cracked rib after that goon hit me and your magic patched me up right as rain. I can't imagine what sort of wound won't heal at that."


As for being a priestess, I'm not rightly sure. I've prayed to Sarenrae, for sure, and studied a bit under her priestesses. But when I ran, it wasn't Sarenrae that filled my spirit. It was something else entirely. And my leg should have healed. But whatever this thing that saw me through my flight from my home is, it saw fit to ensure that my lameness may never be corrected. But, I'm stronger than I look because of it I think. I don't get tired carrying heavy loads, not like I used to. Amalie says as she strips down to her shift and climbs into bed, glad for the soft surface.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

"Oh, I see," Lubella replied to Armalie. Actually, it sounded kind of confusing, but whatever. "OK, I"ll be the priestess, then. I'm not actually ordained or anything, but someone has to do it! I always thought I'd wait until I was older and ready to settle down, but it looks like I'm going to be in Kintargo for a while anyway." This was, of course, not at all the proper way of doing things, but she didn't think the official protocols really covered the current situation.


Vigilante 4 | HP 29 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | F +2 R +7 W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +3 |

Arcos takes off his scribes robe and leather armour, wearing a lightweight shirt and pair of pants underneath. He sits down on the bed and pulls out a small leatherbound book and begins to write in it, every once in a while pausing to think. After a bit, he closes the book and lies back in the bunk.

Reforming the Silver Ravens. I never would've expected it. From a scribe to future liberator of Kintargo. You've certainly come a ways in a short span of time. In any case, it'd be best to get some sleep. Revolutions were never fought by the weary.


After discussing what the future holds for Kintargo, both immediate and long-term, you all settle in for the night, and sleep eventually comes to you all.

GM Screen:

Perception (Amalie): 1d20 ⇒ 1
Perception (Arcos): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Perception (Felicia): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Perception (Lubella): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Arcos:

You awaken in the middle of the night from a soft noise coming into the room from below. It's quiet enough that it has not awakened the rest of your room, as evident by Rexus' soft snores. It almost sounds like laughter, but it's hard to make out.


Vigilante 4 | HP 29 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | F +2 R +7 W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +3 |

DM BT:
Arcos slips out of bed, slightly groggy but oddly alert. He puts his ear against the floor, trying to discern any more details, but not especially effectively due to his companion's snoring and his sleepiness.
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Arcos:

As quickly as you heard it, the noise dies down. You're left wondering whether you actually heard something, or if you merely dreamed the noise.


Pushing forward.

You awaken from your slumbers much refreshed, and the smell of yeasty bread and freshly brewed coffee is already wafting up through the floor. Laria pushes a quick breakfast of muffins and coffee to you - "On the house!" - before you head out to the livery.

GM Screen:

Random Encounter: 1d100 ⇒ 16
What is it?[/dice: 1d100 + 20 ⇒ (48) + 20 = 68

The livery is on the southern side of Kintargo in Redroof, which means you will need to cross the Bleakbridge once again. You pay the three copper piece toll, but as you begin to pass through the station, three dottari approach. "Halt a moment, citizens," one of them says in a commanding voice. "You lot have been randomly selected for a secondary security check. Please step to the side for a moment." They're armed, of course, but their maces are currently undrawn.

What would you like to do?


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

After her morning prayers, Lubella ate breakfast (after thanking Laria), and set to work on her disguise. After yesterday's events, she wanted to look as different as possible from the person who slew two dottari at the protest. She changed her hairstyle, added a scarf and once again concealed her armor under her clothing. She wore her holy symbol this time, but made sure it was well hidden. She concealed her scimitar and silver dagger under her cloak, then spent several minutes inspecting herself in a mirror, to make sure there was nothing obvious to give her away.

Disguise, taking 10: 10 + 7 = 17

Lubella's heart skipped a beat when the dottari on the bridge stopped them. She really didn't want to get into a fight; they needed to be able to continue crossing this bridge. She stepped to the side as they instructed. She knew from her breifing in Korvosa that bribery was risky in Cheliax (one could perhaps ask how much the "fine" was and offer to pay on the spot), so she resolved to leave that as a last resort. She had her forged papers with her, identifying her as a free halfling registered with the Cheliax Government, but wasn't sure she wanted to get into a discussion about her activities in Kintargo. She decided to wait and follow the lead of her friends, who she presumed would be much more familiar with what to do in this situation.


HP 8/11 | Panache 2/3 | =^._.^= Swashbuckler 1 AC/FF/T 18/14/14 | F+1 R+6 W-1 | Init +4 | Perc +3 +Scent

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Felicia, still with her hood up, looks at the guard. "Please sir. We don't mean any trouble, just to go shopping across the bridge... Maybe if you let us go I can stop and show you something pretty that I get." She winks at him, intentionally seeming provocative.

crap I hope that's not too over the top.


If it's no bother, sirs, could I kindly take a seat somewhere while we are checked? My leg has long been lame and standing for extended periods causes me undue pain. You would ever be in my gratitude! she offers, gesturing to her walking stick.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

"Put your hand on my shoulder to steady yourself, milady," Lubella suggested helpfully to Amalie. She subtly positioned herself to make it a little awkward to check for her concealed scimitar. She hoped that her friend's condition might make the dottari less inclined to search thoroughly.

Diplomacy, Aid Another, taking 10: 10 + 7 = 17

Bluff, taking 10: 10 + 3 =13


Vigilante 4 | HP 29 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | F +2 R +7 W +4 | Init +5 | Perc +3 |

Arcos smiles, and says amiably to the guard, "My good sir, we are upstanding citizens such as yourself. My friend here is crippled as you can see, after a nasty run-in with some wild horses when she was young, and requires extensive healing to keep away the pain. We were heading across the bridge to buy the salves and poultices she needs, along with some food and clothes. I would be in your debt if you could let us pass, I certainly wouldn't want her to have to suffer more."

Bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


The dottari lieutenant listens to your words, and nods. "There's a few crates over at Hoon's," he replies, pointing towards the fishmonger's shopfront on the bridge itself. "I realize it's an inconvenience enough, but what with the riot yesterday, everyone's on edge. This way?" He leads you over, allowing Amalie a moment to rest on the crate while they check your persons for contraband. There's a tense moment when the one patting down Lubella comes close to her holy symbol, but she inwardly sighs in relief as the padding she'd used to hide it seems to have paid off.

Within fifteen minutes, the dottari have completed their search. "Alright, you five can go now. Enjoy your shopping and-"

"Just what is the meaning of this, lieutenant?", comes another commanding voice, one that even makes the sergeant you've been dealing with jump. Approaching the five of you, mounted on a jet black warhorse, is a woman wearing jet black chain with accents of scarlet Chelish crosses. A dark oaken longbow is upon her back, and a lance is sheathed upon her mount for easy access. Her dark black hair is tied back tightly into a ponytail, with twin streaks of gray shooting back in even lines. The lieutenant's eyes widen in fear as he sees the newcomer, and he sharply salutes her.

"Duxotas Trex! I was, um, following orders, pulling aside every twentieth group to check for contraband-"

"That's enough, lieutenant, I can see very plainly what you were doing. Why here? The blockhouses are far more secure, and should they have posed a threat, you could have contained them."

"B-b-but her leg, Duxotas, it seemed wrong, and so I thought-" he starts. He does not finish before the High Warden of Kintargo is off her horse and has struck him across the face with the back of her mailed hand. Blood splatters onto the tight cobblestoned walkway of the bridge as the dottari lieutenant clutches his jaw.

"This is no time to be second guessing my orders, lieutenant. The Glorious Reclamation seeks to destroy our way of life, and if we are not vigilant against these Iomedaean zealots, then they will bring their agents into this city and good Chelish men and women will die. Now get up, and get back to work, before I reassign you to sewer patrol." She remounts her horse, and with a soft kick she rides back into the city.

One of the dottari helps his lieutenant to his feet, while the third helps Amalie to her feet. "Probably best you get going," she says sheepishly. "I'm sorry you had to watch that. Duxotas Vannases Trex is a damn fine soldier and leader, but there's not much room for compassion in her outfit."


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

Lubella let out a sigh of relief when the dottari were finally out of sight. I don't think I'll ever get used to that.

"That Trex woman is going to be a problem, I think," Lubella remarked as they walked through the Redroof district. After a pause while they passed some locals, she added, "At least we learned something about their inspection schedule. Maybe we can use it to our advantage: to reduce how often we get checked. I sure don't like the idea of going into a blockhouse: if something went wrong we'd be in deep trouble."

As they walked onwards, Lubella fell silent, thinking about the way Trex had treated her subordinates. Cowing people though fear and intimidation: that's not a fine leader in my opinion. I think a great leader cares about her soldiers.


HP 8/11 | Panache 2/3 | =^._.^= Swashbuckler 1 AC/FF/T 18/14/14 | F+1 R+6 W-1 | Init +4 | Perc +3 +Scent

Felicia makes a lewd gesture at the back of the scary woman.

On the way through Redroof, she takes a swig from her flask. "I agree Lubella. We should watch for a while next time and try to time our crossing. All the same I don't like that choke point working against us. If we do... Ahem... Gather friends, we should make a priority of recruiting a ferry and a place to hole up on both sides of the river. Just in case." She offers a swig to each of the others.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

Lubella accepted Felicia's offer of a nip from her flask. "That's my thinking too," she replied. "That bridge gives me the willies."


"She certainly is intense," Rexus says, once you're all a good distance away from the bridge. "I don't know what we would have done if they cornered us in that blockhouse. Seems like I chose you four well." He flashes a smile, but his eyes belie the nervousness behind it.

Your trip to the Fair Fortune Livery is uneventful once you resume your travels, and you soon find yourselves crossing into Redroof. The red clay brick buildings are wet with dew, and the ethnic demographic shifts - while still predominantly human, Redroof has a sizable tiefling ghetto, so a number of people passing on the street have horns, tails, or even a whiff of sulfur about them. At last, you arrive at the livery, a dilapidated stables that has clearly seen better days. The large wooden front doors are secured shut by a length of chain, held there by a rusting iron padlock.

I've set up the map for the Livery. It's the first time I've done anything with lighting/LoS, so let me know what you think. Those of you with more Roll20 experience, feel free to let me know if you have suggestions on how to make the experience better.


Amalie walks along beside the others, using her stick only as much as necessary.

I must admit, I am somewhat surprised that they were so accommodating. I figured it would be a shot in the dark they would take pity on the lame girl. Amalie says happily as they approach the livery itself.

Roll 20 Stuff:
One of the things you need to do for dynamic lighting is put our tokens out and make sure they each have a light source of some sort. The picture below is if the creature has a light source that only they can see. If you check the "all players can see light" it would be like that person carrying a torch that everyone benefits from.

Image here as an example.


Roll20 Stuff:

Knew I forgot something! Editing...


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

Lubella looked around to see who might be watching them at the entrance to the Fair Fortune Livery, and to see if there was any other way in besides the locked doors.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

"Is anyone good with locks?", she asked. "I'm afraid I have no skill in such matters."

I am assuming that the Rexus' mithril key is the wrong size for this lock.


"The dottari are in a bad spot," Rexus replies to Amalie, a conflicted look upon his face. "They swore an oath to serve the Lord-Mayor and Kintargo's people, but that was back when the Lord-Mayor wasn't a tyrant in the making. A good number of them signed on to make a difference in the city. They weren't signing on for...for this."

Lubella does not spot any other ways in the front, but as she watches, the wind picks up, and the front doors sway. The chains binding the doors shut prevent it from opening fully, but it would be wide enough for her to slip through easily - and the rest of the party with some squeezing. As she scouts around the stables, she notes that there is a back door, and it lacks the chains that the front bears. Finally, there's a portion of the southern wall that has born the brunt of the assault of time. The mortar there has worn down to next to nothing, and may yield to physical force.

Actually, Rexus' key is roughly the same size as the padlock.


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

"Rexus, I don't suppose that mithril key of yours would open this lock, would it?", Lubella asked. "Otherwise, you big people could squeeze through the gap, I think." She unsheathed her scimitar and muttered, "lumos." The blade began to glow like a torch.

Casting Light on the scimitar. Whether or not the key opens the lock, Lubella will enter and look around.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


"Oh, no, I know what that unlocks. It's not here." Lubella's blade glows brightly for a brief moment, then settles in to the warm glow of the sun at dawn, and she slips in through the narrow passage of the door.

The aged stable leans slightly to one side, its roof precariously propped up by aged wooden walls. The air reeks of stale urine. Broken desks, scuffed tables, and torn chairs crowd the thirteen horse stalls, all of which are covered with a healthy layer of dust. A grated-off alcove along the southern wall seems to house the only relatively intact wares.

Not long after she enters, a deep growl from deeper with reveals the source of that stench of urine. Three dogs begin pacing towards the halfling, their teeth bared and their fur matted and mangy. One of them is a massive brute, and he lets out a loud bark at the intruder.

Initiative (Amalie): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Initiative (Arcos): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Initiative (Felicia): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Initiative (Lubella): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Initiative (Rexus): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Initiative (Feral Mastiff): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Initiative (Feral Mutts): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Since you're all outside when this starts, anyone that wants to follow her through the front door needs to make a DC 15 Escape Artist check, or deal with the lock. Lubella, you're up first!


AKA "Kyda" Halfling Dawnflower Dervish 4 | HP: 39/39 AC:19 T:15 F:15 | Saves F:6 R:10 W:5 | Init: 4 | Per: 8 | CMB:1 CMD:15 | Speed 30ft | Active: Protection from Law

Lubella decided to make a hasty retreat. She wasn't sure how easy it was going to be for the others to squeeze thought the door, and didn't like the idea of taking on the canines without backup. "Dogs!, she exclaimed as she slipped back out through the gap in the door. "Three of them."


Oh, one more thing, Lubella - the mastiff is large enough to qualify for the reward for the Third Proclamation.

Rexus' eyes widen at the sound of growls and barks from within, and he grabs his cane with a hand. "Glad you got out in time! They sound terrifying!" It's not long after that that the mastiff is at the door, snapping its jaws at her, with long strands of spittle flying at her.

Escape Artist: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

The dog's size prevents it from following Lubella out into the street, and all three maintain their frenzied vocal defense of their den. You can hear their claws scratching against the thick wooden doors, which remain fastened by the rusting length of chain.

Everyone else!


HP 8/11 | Panache 2/3 | =^._.^= Swashbuckler 1 AC/FF/T 18/14/14 | F+1 R+6 W-1 | Init +4 | Perc +3 +Scent

"Dogs? Aw I love d- Bloodyhellthatthingishuge!"

Felicia had been too busy getting her sword out of her pack to stop Lubella from going in, but she was ready to follow when she came bursting back out. She stepped between the Halfling and her assailant and swung at the mangy thing with the backside of her falcata.

Whack: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 6 - 4 = 14
Pain(nonlethal): 1d8 ⇒ 6

Is the dog under any condition like flat-footed or squeezing? Also just fyi Rexus is still marked as staggered on roll20

151 to 200 of 2,918 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Barzillai Thrune's Hell's Rebels All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.