Rise of the Runelords with a Twist

Game Master Shadow Bloodmoon

Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition with some Variant Rules in Play

Maps, etc.


1 to 50 of 1,809 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Savage Rifts RotRwT

Sandpoint, shining star of the Lost Coast of Varisia. Approximately 2000 souls live, work and die here. Another thousand are merchants, wanderers and ne'er do wells that don't stick around long to make a permanent imprint on the residents. Today is different.

The Swallowtail Festival, this day of the turning of seasons from the warmth of Summer to the falling leaves of Autumn, marks the consecration of a new temple in Sandpoint. Calling it 'just a temple' does it no justice, as it is actually the size of a cathedral. The thing is massive. Other than the keep, it is the largest building in Sandpoint and probably the most ostentatious too. Rumor has it that this is also a big deal because a short number of years ago, a fire destroyed the last church here and so the celebration of simple folks' willingness to strive on regardless of the circumstances is in full swing.

In the morning, several people, some you have seen around town, some you have not, made speeches about the whole deal. First up was Mayor Kendra Deverin, a short human woman with light red hair cut short and a happy attitude. She welcomes everyone to the event with smiles and grand gestures towards the many folks in attendance from the town. Her words give way to Sheriff Belor Hemlock, a Shoanti man who reminds the town of why they are actually here today, giving a brief moment of silence for those lost before. Another, someone named Lonjiku Kaijitsu, a foreigner by the sound of it, was supposed to appear, but according to the Sheriff he had fallen ill and could not appear. Next up was a flamboyant man with brightly dyed hair and clothing to match, one Cyrdak Drokkus, apparent owner of the the Sandpoint Theater and who wasted no time telling of their newest show, the 'Harpy's Curse' starring none other than Allishanda of Magnimar! This seems to excite the crowd, but you can tell who the foreigners are by their apparent ignorance of who that is. When he is finished selling himself and his theater, Priest Abstalar Zantus takes the stage to thank everyone for coming and to see him here again at noon for the parable of Desna and the release of the swallowtails.

With that, the crowd disperses to try their hands at various games, food stalls and shopping tables. There are sack races, arm wrestling contests, a magical duel circle, tents from each of the town's taverns to sample their food goods, jewelery, exploration gear, even a table of knickknacks...

Feel free to describe your self and what activities you would like to indulge in as the day progresses. Welcome to Sandpoint! See yourself as we see you!


Male Half-orc Mesmerist 1 | HP 3/9, AC +3, FF +0, Touch +3, CMD 9 | Fort +1, Reflex +2, Will +3 | Initiative +2, Speed 30, Perception +5

Sorush wanders around the impromptu shopping district, looking for a rich, disreputable mark to swindle. He also makes sure to take a look at all of the shiny things for sale, and purchases a small momento: a copper clasp with simple, somewhat crude engravings depicting the deities that the new temple is to be consecrated to. He makes a quick stop to attach it to his cloak, and continues on his way.
bluff (swindling people): 3d6 + 13 ⇒ (5, 1, 5) + 13 = 24

Having finished with the vendors, Sorush goes to watch the magical duels, not daring to take part. He stands there for several hours, staring entranced at the wondrous and varied magic on display. He tries to chat up some of the locals, but between him being a half-orc, and them being a more reputable crowd than he is used to, nothing comes of it. Upbeat nonetheless, he retires to a tavern to lament and make some new friends.


Human Slayer 2 HP:23/23 AC: +7 T:+3 FF:+1 F:+4 Ref: +5 Will -1 Init +6 Perception +4 (+5 vs giant)

"Bye, Master Suvannin! " Zev called out cheerfully to the wagonner. They'd reached the docks of Sandpoint, Zev had reached his destination.

With a shake of his head, Master Suvannin refrained from trying to remind the simple-minded man to call him by his first name, but if the previous 200 times hadn't registered, why bother again. Instead, the man waved and called "Take care, Zev!"

Zev waved again and turned to disappear into the crowd of people milling about, standing at least head , if not shoulders as well above the rest of the crowd.

As he looked about, Zev marvelled at sights, jugglers and dancers and food of all kinds, if any were intimidated by his size, none were by the innocent wonder found on his face.

For a big man, Zev moved quite gracefully, careful that his flail didn't hit anyone where it sat snug on his belt. Wide of shoulder, and slim of hip, he moved with a hunters light step, even here in the bustling town.

He stops for a time and listens to the various speeches but grows bored, not really understanding what they were talking about.

Moving on , he pauses as the man running the arm wrestling competition calls out, Zev looking about for the whomever the man was calling out to, "Yes, you! Big man! You!" the man shouted cheerfully. Zev pointed a finger at his own chest , "YES! Come, bring those big shoulders over here and have a try!"

An uncertain smile on his lips, Zev moves over to the man....


Female Tiefling Hedgewitch 2 | HP 15, AC +5, FF +2, Touch +3, CMD +3 | Fort +1, Reflex +3, Will +2 | Initiative +3, Speed 30, Perception +4 (low-light vision, darkvision 120’) | d6 spell points

Aurica left the Fatman's Feedbag early this morning, to catch some time with the starry sky before the sun rose. Her slight frame was wrapped in the brightly colored clothing typical of Varisian wanderers. She looked forward to the festival. Even among the less than reputable clientele at the Feedbag, there had been excited talk about the festival in the week Aurica had stayed there. She had never set foot in Sandpoint before meeting Jubrayl Vhiski a week ago, so this would be her first time seeing the festival.

As she waited through the morning speeches, out of the corner of her eye Aurica spotted a man whose eyes kept wandering her way. Aurica hid her smirk as she ran one hand through her black hair. Some people took offense at her appearance, particularly if they knew what a Rakshasa was and therefore could see the similarity of appearance, but often just because a humanoid with fur like a cat was to them "unnatural." But her appearance also had an allure that some, like this man, couldn't seem to resist.

Aurica ignored the man and went on her way as everyone moved about to enjoy the festival. She walked by the arm wrestling competition and lingered for a bit. Aurica watched with some interest as a tall man with light hair and an aimless look on his face was called over by the one running the competition. She noted the grace of his movements. Let's see how this one fares...

Aurica left without interacting with anyone at the arm wrestling competition and made her way to the magical duels. She watched one, considering whether to enter a duel herself, but then thought better of it. Instead, she found an open spot with some shade to sit on the ground. She pulled out her darkwood carrying case and carefully opened it. She removed her deck of harrow cards and cast a glow on them so that they were lined in a delicate light, and raised her voice for passersby to hear, "Come, come! Would you know what fate has in store? Things that were, things that are, and things that have not come to pass the Harrow can reveal to you..."
Profession fortuneteller check: 3d6 + 3 ⇒ (1, 6, 5) + 3 = 15

Profession check:
Under the standard rules the result of the check divided by 2 would be the number of gold pieces I would earn in a week. Perhaps I can divide that by 7 to get one day's income? If so, the result would be 15 / 2 / 7 = 1 gp earned


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Interesting start Sorush, though I am having trouble with the math on your Bluff. I get +4 Cha, +4 Class Skill 1 Rank, +4 Racial v. Humanoids, Total +12, not seeing where the extra +1 comes from. Not that it matters, you would have beaten the typical local merchant either way...

Sorush makes his way to a place nearby called Risa's, just under the cliff shadow of the cathedral. The place is mostly empty, save for a few locals who seem to want to keep to themselves rather than join in the festivities.

***
Zev steps up to the podium and meets with his first opponent, a burly human man who smells of fish and whiskey. The tattoos on his arms make Zev think he is probably a sailor. "Gentlemen," the games master says, "Wrestle!"

Make a Strength Check and then a Constitution Check Please Zev

***
Aurica sets up a table and soon some children come by to test their fates and eventually their parents shoo them off as they themselves want to take a turn at the cards. Mostly she welcomes people who are interested in a possible new love interest or in a windfall of coin, but one, an older man, possibly of Varisian desent, asks her something else. He wonders what fate has in store for her. The reading goes as expected, similar to what Aurica is already aware of, but the man smiles and pays a hefty tip as he leaves.

Aurica will earn 1gp as she reads fortunes throughout the day.


Male Half-orc Mesmerist 1 | HP 3/9, AC +3, FF +0, Touch +3, CMD 9 | Fort +1, Reflex +2, Will +3 | Initiative +2, Speed 30, Perception +5

The extra +1 is from consummate liar, a class feature of mesmerist that gives +1/2 level on all bluff checks (min 1). I should put the details of that in my statblock, thanks for bring it to my attention.

Sorush takes in the group inside Risa's, thinking The people who don't want to be seen by someone coming from far away: my kind of people. he then pauses mid thought and chuckles softly to himself I probably should have done that myself. emboldened by this, he approaches the meanest looking fellow in the joint.
He calls to the bartender I'm buying this man a drink! then turns to the man and continues Whaddaya want?
Quickly realizing he forgot to get anything for himself he hastily adds, turning back to the bartendr And I'll be be having me a whisky. Having made his scene, he sits down next to the guy, assuming he hasn't got beaten up yet.
if it's needed, diplomacy: 3d6 + 12 ⇒ (3, 6, 2) + 12 = 23


Human Slayer 2 HP:23/23 AC: +7 T:+3 FF:+1 F:+4 Ref: +5 Will -1 Init +6 Perception +4 (+5 vs giant)

Zev approaches the podium and smiles at the game-master, putting his pack , weapons and coat carefully in a neat pile , hearing in his mind his Ma saying "Always take care of your things, Zev, that way they'll last.".

He steps up to the armwrestling table, and says "Hi" to the sailor , who only grunts in response.

Zev presents his hand to the sailor , they clasp...and the match is on!

Strength: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 2, 4) + 4 = 14
Constitution: 3d6 + 1 ⇒ (6, 1, 6) + 1 = 14


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Got it Sorush, thanks!

At first the man that Sorush approaches grimaces at him, but the promise of more drink that he doesn't have to pay for changes his mind. "You may not be from around here, but at least you know the customs." He nods at the barkeeper, a human man with clear signs of aging. "Give him your good stuff, Ronel, he's good people. So... what brings you here?"

***

GM Rolls:

Sailor Strength: 3d6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 6, 4) + 2 = 18
Sailor CON: 3d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 2, 4) + 2 = 9

Zev clasps the man's hand and immediately feels the pressure as the sailor pushes hard with all he has. It appears as if the sailor might when, but Zev senses his opponent's strength waning and takes advantage of it, slamming the man's hand into the table. The sailor grunts as he gets up from the table, defeated. "A winner! We have a new contender in the midst folks! Let's see if he can keep going to face Sandpoint's strongest man, Gorvi!" He indicates a giant half orc that is easily twice your size with biceps to match. He is currently surrounded by local womenfolk. When you catch his attention, he nods and smiles with broken teeth.

Another set of rolls if you wish to continue..


Human Slayer 2 HP:23/23 AC: +7 T:+3 FF:+1 F:+4 Ref: +5 Will -1 Init +6 Perception +4 (+5 vs giant)

Zev looks up at the game-master, "I won? That was fun!"

He looks over at the half-orc indicated by the game-master, "Wow, he's big. " but Zev was enjoying himself too much to consider just how big Gorvi was.

Smiling back at Gorvi, Zev says, "Let's wrestle!"

Strength: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4, 3) + 4 = 13
Constitution: 3d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 1, 2) + 1 = 5


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Zev does his best to beat his next opponent, but his endurance gets the better of him and he does not manage to defeat his next opponent. The games master is quick to pat him on the shoulder. "Maybe next time fella!.. Next! Step right up..."


Female Tiefling Hedgewitch 2 | HP 15, AC +5, FF +2, Touch +3, CMD +3 | Fort +1, Reflex +3, Will +2 | Initiative +3, Speed 30, Perception +4 (low-light vision, darkvision 120’) | d6 spell points
DM ShadowBloodmoon wrote:
the man smiles and pays a hefty tip as he leaves.

"Wait!" Aurica calls out as the man begins to leave. "Good sir, what is your name? I would like to know the name of one who pays so kindly."


Savage Rifts RotRwT

"The answer is in the cards," he says as he smiles and loses himself in the crowd.

***

The festivities continue later into the morning and at around noon time, a large wagon is rolled into the middle of the town square. Several acolytes of Desna gather around it, along with Father Zantus himself. A quiet hushes over the crowd as they acolytes prepare to open the covers. Zantus starts to tell a story about how Desna, in her younger, less deific years, fell to the earth and was nurtured back to health by a blind child. In return for his generosity and mercy, Desna turned him into a beautiful Swallowtail Butterfly to live out eternity helping others find their way. He ends with a small prayer to Desna and the acolytes pull the ropes and suddenly thousands of butterflies fill the air, flitting and flying here to there. The crowd gasps and children scream with glee as they chase the beloved insects.

As this occurs, a town crier announces that lunch is now being served for free from all the taverns in Sandpoint. Though visitors travel to each table, the busiest appears to the one from the Rusty Dragon, run by a Tian woman some of you know to be Ameiko Kaijitsu, daughter of the ill Lonjiku Kaijitsu. Her very remarkable curry-spiced salmon and early winterdrop mead easily overshadow the other offerings, such as the Hagfish’s lobster chowder or the White Deer’s peppercorn venison.

You may continue interacting with the events for the time being...


Human Slayer 2 HP:23/23 AC: +7 T:+3 FF:+1 F:+4 Ref: +5 Will -1 Init +6 Perception +4 (+5 vs giant)

Zev loses good-naturedly, saying to Gorvi, "Your big...and strong!", gathering his gear and waving goodbye.

He wanders here and there, stopping to listen to Zantus tell his tale, ending up in the midst of the children, gently reaching out to the flying butterflies, ending with one perched on his finger. The big man starseat it for a few long moments before one of the children bumps into him , startling the insect, sending it up into the air.

"Bye." Zev says softly to his litte friend, then his head snaps up at the crier's announcement of lunch.

Zev samples everything with gusto, but when he ends up at the Rusty Dragon booth, he does sample the excellent food, but his eyes remain on Ameiko, frankly admiring her beauty. When she notices and returns his look, he says simply, "You're pretty."


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Ameiko looks up, her dark hair swishing back in the light breeze. "That's a little... thanks." She gives you a half smile. "You're not from here in Sandpoint are you? Neither am I really, but it is my home. Anyway, where are you from?"


Female Tiefling Hedgewitch 2 | HP 15, AC +5, FF +2, Touch +3, CMD +3 | Fort +1, Reflex +3, Will +2 | Initiative +3, Speed 30, Perception +4 (low-light vision, darkvision 120’) | d6 spell points

I think I'm good until something else happens. Aurica is at her table all day if anyone else wants to approach.


Male Half-orc Mesmerist 1 | HP 3/9, AC +3, FF +0, Touch +3, CMD 9 | Fort +1, Reflex +2, Will +3 | Initiative +2, Speed 30, Perception +5
Bar patron number one wrote:
"So... what brings you here?"

"A bit of trouble back in Riddleport, layin low over here for a bit." Sorush starts, before getting a mischievous little grin and continuing "Sorush Bale." and extending his hand "You got a name to go with that ugly mug?" he gives a good-natured chuckle and settles into conversation, sipping at his whiskey. Sorush is probably just going to be here for the foreseeable future, talking with this fellow and blowing through whatever money he made swindling.

We waiting for the 4th here? 5th? I'm good to keep rp'ing until we get enough people.


Human Slayer 2 HP:23/23 AC: +7 T:+3 FF:+1 F:+4 Ref: +5 Will -1 Init +6 Perception +4 (+5 vs giant)

Zev's transfixed by Ameiko's eye for a moment, not realizing she'd spoken to him, the breaks into a wide smile, "Me? Oh, Zev's from Granger's Gate, that way... " he says, pointing generally north.

He stands there for a few moments, blinking at Ameiko, then blurts, "Bye." turns and walks to the next kiosk.

Zev samples every item of food that's available, then finds a comfortable bench and sits, watching all of the people streaming by, enjoying the sun on his face and nice , full belly.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Kind of waiting on Lilyroot and Maerra to weigh in so we can get started on the first encounter... Maerra was going to approach Aurica at some point. Looks like the rest of you are ready to go though, so I might have to push forward in a bit...Not too much though, this is your stories too.


Female Dwarf Guide Ranger 2 | HP 19, AC +6, FF +4, Touch +2, CMD +8 | Fort +4, Reflex +5, Will +5 | Initiative +2, Speed 20, Perception +10, +12 noticing stonework (darkvision 60’)

Maerra counts the silver in her coin pouch a second time and shakes her head. "No drinks for you Maerra-me-girl, not til that's sorted." As she looks up again glowing cards catch her eye.

"How d'ye do?" The dwarf drops on to the ground in front of the fortune teller with a loud scraping from the armored plates in her coat. "Where should I look for me next job? Tell me my future, Learned One."

Sorry, I was expecting the Gameplay tab to show (1 New) or something when it started, but apparently that's only after you've posted something there.


Lilyroot had been in her room working on her compounds when she hears the town crier.

"Oh, lunch! That should bring out the locals of interest... I really should go," she says, and packs away her things.

She walks in, past Zev without paying much mind to him on the bench, photosynthesizing in the sun being perfectly normal, and takes a seat, "One mineral-rich local bev... er, I mean, one 'ale' please!" she orders.


Female Ghoran Alchemist Grenader 1 | HP 12/12 AC +9 FF +6 Touch +3 CMD +3 | Fort +6 Ref +5 Will -1 | Init +7 Speed 20 ft Perc -1

Sensitive to the possibility that others may be put off by her appearance, Lilyroot looks up and gives a pleasant smile to anyone who seems to be looking.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

As the afternoon wears on, the sun begins to set in the West, casting a light shadow over Sandpoint. Many of the festivities have wound down and many people are either too drunk or too full of food to do much more. It is about this time that you notice Father Zantus approach the stage. As he does so, he is accompanied by a loud booming sound, as if thunder had struck. This catches everyone's attention, so he starts to speak, smiling the whole time. "Desna's time on earth was well spent, teaching the ways of mercy and assistance to those who travel. She..."

He is cut off by a loud scream and you something darting towards one of the wagons. The crowd scatters and you see a dog lying in a pool of its own blood! Soon, chaos reigns as people start running to and fro, attempting to flee the town square. Something bad is happening!

Place yourselves on the Map where you would be and post with your initiative roll and first actions... The link to the map is also in the Campaign Tab. The three pics you see are Crowds and act as such.


Female Tiefling Hedgewitch 2 | HP 15, AC +5, FF +2, Touch +3, CMD +3 | Fort +1, Reflex +3, Will +2 | Initiative +3, Speed 30, Perception +4 (low-light vision, darkvision 120’) | d6 spell points

Retroactive: stuff for Maerra's harrow reading:
Aurica looked at the approaching woman, seeing her battered gear, her scars, and her piercing gaze. She nods with a smile in response to the dwarf's greeting. "Good day to you! Let us see what the cards may reveal..." Aurica deals a spread of 10 cards in the shape of a pyramid - one card on the end closest to Maerra, then a row of 2, a row of 3, and a row of 4 cards, all laying face down. "The first card reveals your role in upcoming events..." she says as she reveals the first card.

"The Desert--and it is misaligned. In events that will soon come to pass, if you cannot rely on the help of others, you will surely perish before you make it through."

"Now, for the past. Choose a card from the second row." Aurica flips over the card Maerra indicates. "The Marriage is misaligned, as well. In your past, I see a union that might have been, but was not. Do not allow your past too much a hold on you, good dwarf."

"For the present, choose a card from the third row." Maerra indicates one of the three cards here, and Aurica reveals it. "The Tyrant--also misaligned. Whether a king or only the head of a household I know not, but one who does harm to those over whom he holds sway will be revealed for the tyrant he is very soon."

"Finally, for the future. Choose a card from the final row. Ah...The Courtesan. Your actions may well have the power to shape many events. The outcome balances on a razor's edge, and if you slip..."

With that, Aurica sweeps up the spread of cards and begins shuffling them back into her deck. "I hope you found this to be insightful, and I caution you not to treat it lightly. Good day."

Retroactive: stuff for Lilyroot's harrow reading:
As she looked around, waiting for another customer, Aurica spotted someone with a quite strange appearance--green skin the likes of which she had never seen. The creature wore a pleasant smile which headed off any feelings of concern that might have arisen. "You there!" Aurica called in her direction. "Yes! Come, come, and see what the Harrow may reveal to you."

As she had done for the dwarf, Aurica laid out the pyramid-shaped spread, revealing the first card and then asking Lilyroot to choose a card from each row after the first.

"The Dance! All must play their part and keep in step for the dance to succeed. In events soon to pass, you must know your place in working for the greater good."

"The Rabbit Prince, and he is misaligned. I see in your past one possessed of great bravery and skill who, nevertheless, fell in combat. Remember that success in battle is not assured for anyone, and always take great care."

"The Bear, also misaligned. Very soon, you may find yourself with great strength at your disposal, but beware--brute force is not always the proper solution, and the consequences could be dire."

"Finally, the Keep. When the time comes, you will be called upon to stand firm through a great hardship. Be strong, my dear."

Initiative: 3d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 2, 2) + 3 = 11
Aurica turns sharply at the sound of the woman's scream and searches for the thing that dashed past toward the wagons.
Perception check: 3d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 3, 3) + 3 = 13
Aurica will start up her Moon aura (swift action) whether she can locate the creature or not. If she can find it, then I'll roll a Diplomacy check to attempt to direct the crowds away from its location (full-round action).


Female Ghoran Alchemist Grenader 1 | HP 12/12 AC +9 FF +6 Touch +3 CMD +3 | Fort +6 Ref +5 Will -1 | Init +7 Speed 20 ft Perc -1

"Why, that's fascinating! Is this some kind of Varisian science-?" Lilyroot responds to Aurica's readings and the accuracies of the past therein.

When the scream hits, she stands bolt upright, and lacking anything more clear to do, follows the Harrow reader.

Initiative:3d6 + 7 ⇒ (5, 6, 3) + 7 = 21


Female Dwarf Guide Ranger 2 | HP 19, AC +6, FF +4, Touch +2, CMD +8 | Fort +4, Reflex +5, Will +5 | Initiative +2, Speed 20, Perception +10, +12 noticing stonework (darkvision 60’)

"More the big picture than the narrow with the Harrow, aye? Sounds worth knowing, but til I've got a'least the promise of more gilt coming in I can't do more than cross your palm with silver." Maerra leaves a silver and looks over the next customer's reading before getting ready to move on.

When she hears the scream and sees the dead dog she jumps up "A dead dog... was that a goblin?!?" With a look around she tries to find the creature darting around so she can move up and do some violence to it.

Initiative: 3d6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 4, 3) + 2 = 15
Perception: 3d6 + 9 ⇒ (1, 6, 2) + 9 = 18


Male Half-orc Mesmerist 1 | HP 3/9, AC +3, FF +0, Touch +3, CMD 9 | Fort +1, Reflex +2, Will +3 | Initiative +2, Speed 30, Perception +5

initiative: 3d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2, 2) + 2 = 10
perception: 3d6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 3, 2) + 5 = 11

Sorush stumbles out of the tavern he was in at the sound of screaming, and tries to take in the surroundings.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

GM Rolls:

Zev Init: 3d6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 2, 4) + 2 = 13

So for now we have the following Initiative Order... I rolled Zev's.
Lilyroot 21
Goblins 17
Maerra 15
Zev 13
Aurica (Moon Aura) 11
Sorush 10

Lilyroot and Aurica see a goblin race to hide behind a wagon full of food and the crowd was headed right for it. Make your Diplomacy check Aurica

Maerra sees three more goblins climbing out of a well. This isn't a random thing, this seems to be an attack!

Sorush's eyes blear a bit in the fading light, but for some reason, a lot of people are running towards him screaming. Was he famous now?

Someone seems to be singing somewhere, but the voice is definitely not human...

Alright, 1st actual round. Lily is up!


Female Ghoran Alchemist Grenader 1 | HP 12/12 AC +9 FF +6 Touch +3 CMD +3 | Fort +6 Ref +5 Will -1 | Init +7 Speed 20 ft Perc -1

Perception: 3d6 - 1 ⇒ (1, 5, 3) - 1 = 8

(forgot the skill rank, should be at +3, so 11)

"Oh my, I don't think he's supposed to be there..." Lilyroot says, and prepares her Longarm Extract, and keeps an eye out for people who may have a better sense of what's going on than she does.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Lily looks around and sees that other than a few strays and a drunk that is stumbling about, most of the people are running away from the commotion. Three goblins have started attacking the people, the one that hid is now climbing on top of the wagon, sampling an apple...

Party is up!


Female Tiefling Hedgewitch 2 | HP 15, AC +5, FF +2, Touch +3, CMD +3 | Fort +1, Reflex +3, Will +2 | Initiative +3, Speed 30, Perception +4 (low-light vision, darkvision 120’) | d6 spell points

Diplomacy Check: 3d6 + 8 ⇒ (4, 2, 6) + 8 = 20
Aurica speaks to the crowd that is headed straight for the wagon with the goblin on it: "No, my friends, that way is not safe! Away from the wagon!"

I believe I read that directing a crowd with Diplomacy is a full-round action, so my turn is done.


Female Dwarf Guide Ranger 2 | HP 19, AC +6, FF +4, Touch +2, CMD +8 | Fort +4, Reflex +5, Will +5 | Initiative +2, Speed 20, Perception +10, +12 noticing stonework (darkvision 60’)

Drawing a light throwing hammer as she goes, Maerra moves towards the well. Once she gets close enough she throws it at the last goblin out of the well to gain its attention and yells "Leave those! You want some dwarven meat? COME AND GET SOME!"

attack, -2 range, -4 into melee: 3d6 - 3 ⇒ (5, 4, 2) - 3 = 8
damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
hammer loss?: 1d4 ⇒ 1

The hammer flies past the goblin and down the well, chipping a bit of stone off as it goes.


Female Catfolk Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 3 [ HP 24/34 | AC 20 / 14FF / 15T | Fort +4 Ref +7 Wil +1 | Init +4(+6) | Perception +7 | Panache 7/7 | Charmed Life 3/3 ]

Milah browses the stalls in the marketplace, her eyes drawn to a number of interesting pieces, just as the eyes of those nearby are drawn to her. She was used to it, whether because of the fine grey fur covering her body and the delicate tail trailing behind her, or their contrast to the light chain shirt she wore and the rapier strapped to her side.

She is, by all accounts, attractive and well-groomed. Her teeth, while sharper than some, are white and straight, and she carries herself with more grace even than one might expect of a cat-like race.

"What a pretty baub...", she begins to say to one of the stall-keepers, when her ears unconsciously rotate towards the sounds of screaming and crashing. "Hold that thought." She begins to move toward the source of the commotion.

Perception: 3d6 + 5 ⇒ (6, 1, 1) + 5 = 13
Initiative: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 3, 2) + 4 = 14

Her rapier leaps into her hands as she moves. Goblins! she thinks as she sees them bubbling up from the well. She moves quickly, leaping and dodging around the crowds of people between herself and the large-headed creatures.

Full-round action: Charge nearest goblin
Acrobatics (ACP, Panache): 3d6 + 8 - 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 5) + 8 - 2 + (2) = 25
Panache Loss: 1d7 ⇒ 6

Attack (Rapier (threaten on 14-18)): 3d6 + 5 ⇒ (3, 4, 1) + 5 = 13
Damage (Rapier): 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Male Half-orc Mesmerist 1 | HP 3/9, AC +3, FF +0, Touch +3, CMD 9 | Fort +1, Reflex +2, Will +3 | Initiative +2, Speed 30, Perception +5

Sorush is confused. The people must be screaming about him, for surely there is no one greater in this town, but they are running past him, not even stopping to greet him. He pulls aside one of the fleeing townspeople and asks "What is going on!? Do the people not love me?"
intimidate: 3d6 + 8 ⇒ (6, 1, 3) + 8 = 18
Or
diplomacy: 3d6 + 12 ⇒ (3, 3, 2) + 12 = 20
Depending on how seeing a drunk, confused half orc in the midst of this chaos is going to be interpreted, its intimidate or diplomacy, so I just rolled both and let GM decide.


Human Slayer 2 HP:23/23 AC: +7 T:+3 FF:+1 F:+4 Ref: +5 Will -1 Init +6 Perception +4 (+5 vs giant)

Zev's head snaps up at the first scream, and he eases off of the bench into a crouch. Gone is the vapidness of he earlier expressions, replaces with an intense, narrowed gaze.

Zev sweeps the courtyard,


Human Slayer 2 HP:23/23 AC: +7 T:+3 FF:+1 F:+4 Ref: +5 Will -1 Init +6 Perception +4 (+5 vs giant)

Zev's head snaps up at the first scream, and he eases off of the bench into a crouch. Gone is the vapidness of his earlier expressions, replaces with an intense, narrowed gaze.

Zev sweeps the courtyard...

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

... and amid the milling and screaming fair-goers he sees a number of goblins causing havoc!

He notes a number of other individuals not running away , in fact moving towards the source of trouble.

Nodding, he watches one of the goblins cavort and stab at passing fair-goers, noticing some tendencies in it's seemingly random motions.

Grabbing his bow from where is sat beside his pack, he knocked an arrow and let fly all in one efficient motion...

Attack, Studied Target ( Move Action ): 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 1 = 23
Damage, Studied Target: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Maerra's hammer may not have hit any of the goblins, but it sure got their attention. One of them stops to laugh as another of her hammers falls out and tumbles to the ground, lost in the crowd of feet coming towards her.

Ouch, already down to 1 hammer left.

Like a domestic cat seeing a mouse, Milah suddenly leaps into action from complete rest, pouncing her way towards the nearest goblin, moving between people, but loses him in between the legs of one of the frightened townspeople.

Though you didn't lose any Panache with this use, remember it's a d6, not a d7. Anywhere between 5 and 8 makes it a d6.

Zev Arrows: 1d12 ⇒ 6
Target: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Zev let's loose with an arrow that catches one of the goblins as it is attempting to climb onto the back of someone. It falls, clutching at the arrow in its back in futility.

I assessed a -4 for firing into melee and also rolled for arrow loss for you. Good shot though!

The crowd headed right for certain danger are amenable to Aurica's words and they turn and head down the street, away from the center of town where all the chaos is.

Correct, Diplomacy to move crowds is a full round action.

Sorush attempts to figure out why these people are indeed not here for him, but instead are running from something. He hears the word "Goblin!" screamed many times. Was this a new game or the nickname of some celebrity?

I'll take the full round Diplomacy as it draws the crowd towards you...

It is the top of the next round and Lily is up, then the Goblins will go, minus one of them...

Round 2 Initiative
Lilyroot 21 <--- Here
Goblins 17
Maerra 15
Milah 14
Zev 13
Aurica (Moon Aura) 11
Sorush 10
Crowd 0


Female Ghoran Alchemist Grenader 1 | HP 12/12 AC +9 FF +6 Touch +3 CMD +3 | Fort +6 Ref +5 Will -1 | Init +7 Speed 20 ft Perc -1

Lily looks uphappy at being so far behind on what's happening, others having already acted while she stands around and accomplishes little.

So, she rushes forward and heaves a bomb at the goblin on top of the wagon!

3d6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 2, 4) + 2 = 13 (+4 hit - 2 range) vs touch AC

If that hits:
damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Lily's bomb explodes in the face of the goblin on the wagon, causing him to stumble back and fall into a pile of apples. When the apples stop rolling, he stops moving.

The goblin that had been laughing stops and charges right at the Ghoran woman. It yells something at her and attacks with its makeshift blade.

Goblin:
"You blow up Meklan! I chop you up plant-person!"

Lily Defense Roll <16:
The little monster hits you for Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3!

Lily Defense Roll 16+:
The little monster misses with its attack and gnashes its very sharp teeth at you.

The remaining goblin attempts to get back at the cat lady that tried to stab it.

Milah Defense Roll <14:
The little monster hits you for Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1!

Milah Defense Roll 14+:
The little monster misses with its attack and gnashes its very sharp teeth at you.

Round 2 Initiative
Lilyroot 21
Goblins 17
Maerra 15 <--- Here
Milah 14
Zev 13
Aurica (Moon Aura) 11
Sorush 10
Crowd 0

Party is up!


Female Tiefling Hedgewitch 2 | HP 15, AC +5, FF +2, Touch +3, CMD +3 | Fort +1, Reflex +3, Will +2 | Initiative +3, Speed 30, Perception +4 (low-light vision, darkvision 120’) | d6 spell points

Keep in mind that if you're within 30 feet of Aurica (right now that's just Lilyroot and Maerra), you are within her moon aura and have 1 temporary hit point. The temp hit point refreshes at the start of Aurica's turn. So if Lilyroot's defense roll is low and she takes damage from the goblin, the 1 temp hp she lost will be regained on Aurica's turn. The aura also grants a +1 bonus to Fortitude saves, if that comes up. And the aura is visible because it sheds light--it raises the light level within the 30 foot radius by one step, to a maximum of normal light.


Female Ghoran Alchemist Grenader 1 | HP 12/12 AC +9 FF +6 Touch +3 CMD +3 | Fort +6 Ref +5 Will -1 | Init +7 Speed 20 ft Perc -1

Defense roll: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

bomb ammo: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Lilyroot winces as the blade finds a gap in her armor and cuts it's way into her bark, though fairly.


Female Ghoran Alchemist Grenader 1 | HP 12/12 AC +9 FF +6 Touch +3 CMD +3 | Fort +6 Ref +5 Will -1 | Init +7 Speed 20 ft Perc -1

Attack of Opportunity: Mace: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Mace if hits: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Lilyroot also by reflex lashes out with her long branch-arms at the goblin when it was trying to dash in, but wiffs it pretty cleanly.


Female Dwarf Guide Ranger 2 | HP 19, AC +6, FF +4, Touch +2, CMD +8 | Fort +4, Reflex +5, Will +5 | Initiative +2, Speed 20, Perception +10, +12 noticing stonework (darkvision 60’)

Seeing Lilyroot hit, Maerra changes direction, drawing her waraxe as she goes. "Don't you weaselly runts ignore me, one bloody missing hammer doesn't make me useless!"

waraxe attack, +2 flank: 3d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2, 3) + 6 + 2 = 16
waraxe damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

I think that's one more goblin down


Female Catfolk Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 3 [ HP 24/34 | AC 20 / 14FF / 15T | Fort +4 Ref +7 Wil +1 | Init +4(+6) | Perception +7 | Panache 7/7 | Charmed Life 3/3 ]

How would I go about using opportune parry and riposte? Do I roll an attack roll vs. their attack score? For now, playing it normally, but I'm interested in changing this moving forward.

Defense: 3d6 + 9 ⇒ (5, 1, 2) + 9 = 17

Milah avoids the blow, then follows up with her own.

Standard action: Attack goblin
Attack (Rapier (threaten on 14-18): 3d6 + 5 ⇒ (4, 4, 2) + 5 = 15
Damage (Rapier): 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Female Tiefling Hedgewitch 2 | HP 15, AC +5, FF +2, Touch +3, CMD +3 | Fort +1, Reflex +3, Will +2 | Initiative +3, Speed 30, Perception +4 (low-light vision, darkvision 120’) | d6 spell points

DM, can you confirm if Maerra and Milah felled the two remaining goblins? Then Zev and Aurica can take their turns. Or if they are both dead, I suppose the encounter may be over.


Male Half-orc Mesmerist 1 | HP 3/9, AC +3, FF +0, Touch +3, CMD 9 | Fort +1, Reflex +2, Will +3 | Initiative +2, Speed 30, Perception +5

Sorush continues to push through the crowd to find this 'goblin' fellow.

it appears that I find myself playing a classical antihero. This is going to be amazing.


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Maerra does indeed take down the goblin she attacks. Milah, that's pretty much how it works, you attempt to beat their attack score with your attack roll, which for a goblin without any environmental, etc. bonuses is 14. What would you like to see changed about it? Milah's attack did not hit the goblin, so that one is still standing at this point.


Female Catfolk Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 3 [ HP 24/34 | AC 20 / 14FF / 15T | Fort +4 Ref +7 Wil +1 | Init +4(+6) | Perception +7 | Panache 7/7 | Charmed Life 3/3 ]

I was just saying I would change to generally using parry/riposte in the future, sorry, not that I wanted to change how the rolls were made. Thanks for the info!


Human Slayer 2 HP:23/23 AC: +7 T:+3 FF:+1 F:+4 Ref: +5 Will -1 Init +6 Perception +4 (+5 vs giant)

From his postition , Zev watches the other concerned individuals take action, felling two more of the goblins...but one remained.

As before, Zev watches the goblin for a few moments, noticing that it favoured moving to the left more than the right.

Taking this into account, Zev sent another arrow flying through the air...

Attack, Studied Target ( Move Action ): 3d6 + 3 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (6, 4, 2) + 3 + 1 - 4 = 12
Damage, Studied Target: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Got it Milah, I'll try to add that in to attacks against you in the future.

Zev watches the goblin dance with Milah, slowing his breathing and finally releasing the arrow which makes a satisfying thud against one of the market stalls...

Round 2 Initiative
Lilyroot 21
Goblins 17
Maerra 15
Milah 14
Zev 13
Aurica (Moon Aura) 11 <--- Here
Sorush 10
Crowd 0


Female Tiefling Hedgewitch 2 | HP 15, AC +5, FF +2, Touch +3, CMD +3 | Fort +1, Reflex +3, Will +2 | Initiative +3, Speed 30, Perception +4 (low-light vision, darkvision 120’) | d6 spell points

Aurica can't get close enough for her magical attack to be in range. She'll just move to the spot diagonally adjacent to Maerra (1 down, 1 to the right). I can't interact with the map from my phone to move her image.

Aurica moves to a more central location and then begins to cast...cards made of red light fade into view and circle around her before spraying outward and dispersing.

She has cast her Greater Serendipity. 20ft radius. All allies gain +1 luck bonus to attack rolls, skill checks, ability checks, and saving throws. All enemies suffer a -1 penalty to the same. This is in addition to the benefits of the Moon aura. The only ones within that radius right now are Maerra and Lilyroot.

1 to 50 of 1,809 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rise of the Runelords with a Twist All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.