*! Rise of the Runelords !*

Game Master PJP

Today: 4727 AR, Autumn Equinox

Notes and Exhibits
Loot List
Combat Map

Feat Tax Alterations

Map of Sandpoint
Map of Hinterlands (Sandpoint and surrounding areas)
Map of Varisia


1 to 50 of 1,155 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Welcome to Sandpoint!


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

... or should I say, Welcome back to Sandpoint!

Each of you has been away for a few years (or more) in search of adventure, training, and/or academics. While your studies away have been useful, a letter from a family member or friend invited you to return on this day to enjoy the festivities that have been planned for the Autumnal Equinox: The new Sandpoint Cathedral (building #1 on the Sandpoint map) will be dedicated during the new Swallowtail Festival.

The town is eager to celebrate, leaving the past behind - specifically the events of 5 years ago known collectively as 'the Late Unpleasantness'. Folks don't talk about it much, but most remember the murders, and of course the terrible event of the previous chapel burning to the ground, with the pastor, Ezakien Tobyn, and his daughter, Nualia, unfortunately still inside. You remember Ezakien, but barely knew his daughter. You recall some rumor about her being with child by a Varisian boy named Delek, who apparently left town upon hearing the news. She was a very pretty girl, blessed by Desna. Some would say that her touch or proximity could cure warts and rashes, that locks of her hair brewed into tea could increase fertility, and that her voice could drive out evil spirits. Probably none of it was true, but it was enough that most of you talked about her more than you ever spoke to her.

Built over the foundations of the previous chapel, Sandpoint Cathedral is not dedicated to the worship of a single deity. Rather, it gathers under its eaves the six most commonly worshiped deities in the region: Abadar, Desna, Erastil, Gozreh, Sarenrae, and Shelyn. The building provides chapels for all of these deities in a communal forum-in a way, Sandpoint Cathedral is six different churches under one impressive roof.

It will be a grand celebration! Food will be provided by the local taverns, including well known favoirutes such as the Hagfish's (#33) lobster chowder or the White Deer's (#3) peppercorn venison. Numerous games and contests will take place during the day, including sack races , games of hide-and-seek, weight-lifting challenges, balance beam contests, tug-of-war events, and the like. Surely, there will be speeches, and of course the dedication ceremony, to be performed by Father Zantus, the town's current religious leader whom you have yet to meet.

You couldn't quite make it to Sandpoint the night before, so you set up camp not far from town with other travelers you have met (or become re-acquainted with) along the trip.

And so our story begins, as you meander into town on the morning of the Autumn Equinox...


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

The Swallowtail Festival begins promptly, as scheduled, on the Autumnal Equinox. The square before the church quickly becomes crowded as locals and travelers arrive, and several merchant tents featuring food, clothes, local crafts, and souvenirs are there to meet them.

The turnout for the opening speeches is quite respectable.

Mayor Kendra Deverin's friendly attitude and excitement prove contagious as she welcomes visitors to town and jokes about how even Larz Rovanky, the local tanner (and notorious workaholic) managed to tear himself away from the tannery to attend, much to everyone's amusement (except Larz's).

Sheriff Belor Hemlock brings the crowd down a bit with his dour mood, his reminder to be safe around the evening's bonfire, and his request for a moment of silence to remember those who lost their lives in the fire that claimed the town's previous church several years ago.

The next speaker is scheduled to be local nobleman Lonjiku Kaijitsu, but a sudden illness has prevented him from attending the ceremony (this isn't something that surprises the locals, given Lonjiku's well-known dislike of frivolity and festivals). Sandpoint's own showman Cyrdak Drokkus is more than up to the challenge of bringing the crowd's mood back up with his rousing anecdotes. He delivers a not-completely-irreverent recap of the long process the town went through to finance and construct the new cathedral. He throws in a bit of self­ promotion at the end, as is his wont, inviting everyone to stop by the Sandpoint Theater the following evening to check out his new production of "The Harpy's Curse," revealing that the lead role of Avis era the harpy queen will be played by none other than the famous Magnimarian diva Allishanda!

Finally, Father Zantus steps up to give a short speech thanking everyone for coming before declaring the Swallowtail Festival underway.


Status: NONE | 2/4 Grit | 1/1 Smite | 3/3 Lay on Hands | Paladin 2 /Gun 1 | 21/21 HP | Init: +5 | AC16 / T13 /F13 | Fort 7 / Ref 7 / Will 7 | CMB 6 / CMD 17 | Pistol +6 1d8 x4 B/P | Longsword +4 1d8+2 19-20 X2 S | Alchemical: 61/61 Bullet: 18/30 Silver: 4/5 Adamantine: 5/5 Cold Iron Cartrigage: 20/20 |

By the gods it is good to be back home! It even smells comfortable.

The female half-orc (really quater-orc) comes back into town with a smile on her face from ear to ear. It has been a long time and she is sure nothing could dampen her mood on a day like today. She wears a simple traveling outfit and leather armor but over it hangs a light tan tabbard with two small embroidered beer stein on the low right and left corners. On her back is a longsword while one hip carries a mug and the other an old pistol.

Slowing she waits for the others while keeping an eye out for her uncle Das.

No more fitting day for an aspiring warrior of the Accidental God to arrive someplace that I can think of.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

The shops are all closed today for the festival, but a number of booths are set up to buy local goods and souvenirs. Numerous games and contests take place during the day, including sack races , games of hide-and- seek, weight-lifting challenges, balance beam contests, tug-of-war events, and the like.

You wander around, taking it all in. The people are friendly, and occasionally someone recognizes you and comes up to say 'Hi'.

Sami looks around for her uncle, but he is no where to be found. A crotchity old man, this is understandably not his scene.

Lucien sees another elf staring at him. As he turns to look, he recognizes him as Belini Tortelo, a bitter rival from his early days at the university. Tortelo grins as he sees Lucien's reaction, nods in a condescending manner, and then goes about his business.

At noon, Father Zantus and his acolytes wheel a large covered wagon into the square, and after recounting the short parable of how Desna first fell to earth and was nursed back to health by a blind child whom she transformed into an immortal butterfly as a reward for her aid, they pull aside the wagon's cover, releasing the thousand children of Desna-a furious storm of swallowtail butterflies that swarm into the air in a spiraling riot of color to a great cheer from the crowd. Throughout the rest of the day, children futilely chase butterflies, never quite quick enough to catch them.


Male Elf Magus (Mindblade) 3

After arriving by boat, Lucien steps out into the dirt streets of the small town, only narrowly avoiding a bit of fresh horse poop. Lovely. With a few quick gestures and arcane words, he telekinetically tosses the refuse into a nearby drainage ditch. Walking a few blocks toward the festival, the tall elf takes in the sites (and smells) of the town, then shakes his head. It’s no Crying Leaf, and certainly not Quantium, but I’m always amazed at the speed with which the mayflys can throw up a ramshackle town. This place was nothing but wilderness when I left for the academy.

Recognizing Tortelo, his eyes narrow. On the subject of horse droppings... What is he doing here? Letting the thought go, he sets a course for whatever local revelry is going on. Best find out what all this is about, I suppose.


Female LN Half-Elf Investigator (empiricist) 1 | HP: 10/10| AC: 15, 13 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 3/3 | Extracts: 1st cure light wounds, tears to wine | Active conditions: none |

I don't think i've seen this place so crowded. I guess they really do have something to celebrate. That new church is quite the upgrade and certainly something to be proud of. It's just a shame that such a thing came about from tragedy.

Syrix mostly zones out as the speekers continue to talk. Most of the subject matter is information she's already heard before so she finds herself scanning the crowd trying to see anyone she knows. She wonders where old Quirt must be as she hasn't seen him since arriving in town. She also mentally curses herself for not getting here sooner to book a room at The Dragon. Finally she wonders where all these butterflies came from...

A small child almost runs into her but she steps to the side at the last moment before impact.

"Take care little one! You won't catch that thing if you run into a wall first!" she says in a mock scalding tone. She smiles at the nearest people in the crowd. "No doubt that one will be covered in bruises by the end of the day, though i wager his prey will likely escape unscathed."


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Lunch is provided free, at the expense of Sandpoint's taverns. Each brings its best dishes-this event is as much a marketing push by the taverns to win new customers as it is to feed a hungry crowd.

You try a few of the dishes, some you even recall from years past. It soon becomes apparent that the darling of the lunch is, once again, Ameiko Kaijitsu, whose remarkable curry-spiced salmon and early winterdrop mead easily overshadow the other offerings! You don't recall knowing Ameiko, but the family name is known to you. The Kaijitsus run the local glassworks, and are one of the four founding families. It seems odd that one of them is running a tavern...


Swashbuckler/3 | HP 29/29 | AC 19 T 14 FF 15 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +1 | CMB 6, CMD 17 (13 FL) | Init +7, Perc +8

Tiyuvi stands on the dirt road just outside the entrance to Sandpoint. Mixed emotions fill him as he watches the bustle of the happy citizens moving to and fro. Sadness and shame fill him as he remembers how he used to run around so callously and steal from most of these same folks. Yet he is also full of a strange kind of happiness since that early time at Sandpoint was when he really started to heal from his dad's abuse. But that was all years ago. Tiyuvi is cautious and tentative and he enters the small town.

As the festival gets into full swing, the tall catfolk allows himself to relax. He samples a few of the offerings at the different vendors but is especially taken by the curry.


Status: NONE | 2/4 Grit | 1/1 Smite | 3/3 Lay on Hands | Paladin 2 /Gun 1 | 21/21 HP | Init: +5 | AC16 / T13 /F13 | Fort 7 / Ref 7 / Will 7 | CMB 6 / CMD 17 | Pistol +6 1d8 x4 B/P | Longsword +4 1d8+2 19-20 X2 S | Alchemical: 61/61 Bullet: 18/30 Silver: 4/5 Adamantine: 5/5 Cold Iron Cartrigage: 20/20 |

Enjoying the butterfly release greatly Sami makes a point of speaking with Father Zantus at some point afterwards.

"Father, it is good to see you well. I can feel the power of Desna in the air today and as the Accidental God is on such good terms I am sure his eye is on Sandpoint as well. If there is anything I can do to help with the celebration do not hesitate."

When the conversation ends she looks for a meal and a drink thinking about where he life is now.

I am sure Fahter Zantus does not know that my god has yet to speak though me. Maybe I should ask for advice... no I want all to think me a righteous paladin already.

Even though the food is free Sami will make a donation to the establishment of a couple of gold when she eats.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Father Zantus replies, "Of course, of course. A follower of Cayden Cailean, you say? Well, we may not have a dedicated shrine, but this cathedral could easily serve you as well. I hope you will find it a peaceful place to pray. Oh, the celebration... it is getting late, and I need to start gathering folks for the ceremony. Start calling people over, will you?"

With that, he starts clearing his throat and pulls out a thunderstone from his robes as he prepares to recite the Prayer of First Dreaming. He walks over to the central podium, and then uses the thunderstone to attract everyone's attention.

The sharp retort, like the crack of distant thunder, slices through the excited crowd as the sun's setting rays paint the western sky. A stray dog that has crawled under a nearby wagon to sleep starts awake, and the buzz of two dozen conversations quickly hushes as all heads turn toward the central podium, where Father Zantus has taken the stage, beaming with pride. He clears his throat again, takes a breath to speak, and suddenly a woman's scream slices through t he air. A few moments later, another scream rises, then another. Beyond them, a sudden surge of strange new voices rises - high-pitched, tittering shrieks that sound not quite human. The crowd parts and something low to the ground races by, giggling with disturbing glee as the stray dog gives a pained yelp and then collapses with a gurgle, its throat cut open from ear to ear. As blood pools around its head, the raucous sound of a strange song begins, chanted from shrill, scratchy voices.

"Goblins chew and goblins bite,
Goblins cut and goblins fight.
Stab the dog and cut the horse,
Goblins eat and take by force!"

Mothers scream and race to find their children, men look dazed and confused as what to do. When the goblins attack, they shriek and leap and race and cackle, taking great joy in the panic and fear they are causing.

"Goblins race and goblins jump,
Goblins slash and goblins bump.
Burn the skin and mash the head,
Goblins here and you be dead!"

As if to accentuate that last point, a disemboweled man turns toward you and falls, as the small nasty creature that cut him licks his blade and grins evilly.

Some goblins wave torches and light tents on fire, while others chase children and pets with ill intent. The entire time, goblin warchanters continue to sing their horrifically catchy and nerve-wracking goblin song at the top of their lungs, further spurring their kin into murderous frenzy.

"Chase the baby, catch the pup.
Bonk the head to shut it up.
Bones be cracked , flesh be stewed,
We be goblins! You be food!"

Everywhere you look, goblins tear through merchant stalls, menace locals with their dogslicers, throw rocks through windows, and otherwise make terrors of themselves.

Initiative:

Lucien: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Sami: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Syrix: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Tiyuvi: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Goblins: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

There are 3 goblins in your immediate vicinity that require your attention. That is, assuming you want to be a hero...

Party Status:

Lucien HP 9/9, AC 18/14/14, CMD 14, F+3 R+4 W+3 +2 ench, LowLight, Psychic 4/4, Hero 1
Sami HP 10/10 AC 16/13/13 CMD 15, F+2 R+5 W+0, Darvision 60', Hero 1
Syrix HP 10/10, AC 15/13/12 CMD 14, F+2 R+5 W+3, LowLight, Darkvision, Hero 1
Tiuvi HP 13/13, AC 18/13/15, CMD 14, F+2 R+5 W+0, LowLight, Panache 5/5, Cat's Luck 1/1, Hero 1

Round 1: (Bold may act)
Tiuvi
Syrix
Sami

Goblins: Red, Green, Blue
Lucien


Status: NONE | 2/4 Grit | 1/1 Smite | 3/3 Lay on Hands | Paladin 2 /Gun 1 | 21/21 HP | Init: +5 | AC16 / T13 /F13 | Fort 7 / Ref 7 / Will 7 | CMB 6 / CMD 17 | Pistol +6 1d8 x4 B/P | Longsword +4 1d8+2 19-20 X2 S | Alchemical: 61/61 Bullet: 18/30 Silver: 4/5 Adamantine: 5/5 Cold Iron Cartrigage: 20/20 |

Like the others Sami falls silent and give Father Zantus her full attention until the confusion begins. When she spots the goblins she does a bit of a double take as they are so out of place in town.

Moving towards the wagon she shouts to get the goblins attention on her although she knows full well that the sound of a gunshot will really do the job.

"Defilers! Face the judgement of the Accidental God!"

She levels her pistol, fortunately it is always loaded and fires at one of the goblins behind the wagon.

Pistol @ Red: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 vs touch
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7

"Those that cannot fight get behind me. All will be well."


Swashbuckler/3 | HP 29/29 | AC 19 T 14 FF 15 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +1 | CMB 6, CMD 17 (13 FL) | Init +7, Perc +8

Tiyuvi stands with head bowed waiting for the Father to begin his prayer but his head snaps up at the sound of the commotion. He looks quickly to the source of the noise and sees dozens of goblins running through the town. As three approach him and a few others he draws his rapier and falls into an agile stance.

"You vile creatures! Destroying a town like this! Come at me, I dare you."

One of the goblins leers at him mockingly and Tiyuvi skips towards it. Lightning fast, he swishes his rapier through the air and into the ugly creature's body.

rapier@blue: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
rapier@blue: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 Confirm?
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4 if crit confirmed


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Tiyuvi stabs one goblin straight in the heart, as the goblin's laugh is quickly silenced. Sami is just as impressive, firing a bullet into another's belly, and he squeals in pain as he falls, bleeding and unconscious.

Among all of the commotion, they each here a voice exclaim "My hero!"

Round 1: (Bold may act)
Tiuvi
Syrix
Sami
Goblins: Green
Lucien

Perception:

Lucien: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Sami: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Syrix: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Tiyuvi: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Female LN Half-Elf Investigator (empiricist) 1 | HP: 10/10| AC: 15, 13 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 3/3 | Extracts: 1st cure light wounds, tears to wine | Active conditions: none |

Syrix undoes the tie on her pack and releases her elven spear. She twirls it around with a flourish as she steps moves over next to Sami.

"You ruined the festival you little pest. Your allies have paid with their lives and you will most certainly be next." she says as she pointedly aims the spear towards the last goblin in the square.

No BAB so i'll just get my weapon out and move. Threatening words are just free action talking :)


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

The goblin grins and licks his lips as starts climbing on to the wagon to gain a height advantage. As he starts, thought, the cart tips over! He tumbles back to the ground, tomatoes spilling out all over him. "Ugh! I hatez tomatoes!"

Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Party Status:

Lucien HP 9/9, AC 18/14/14, CMD 14, F+3 R+4 W+3 +2 ench, LowLight, Psychic 4/4, Hero 1
Sami HP 10/10 AC 16/13/13 CMD 15, F+2 R+5 W+0, Darvision 60', Hero 1
Syrix HP 10/10, AC 15/13/12 CMD 14, F+2 R+5 W+3, LowLight, Darkvision, Hero 1
Tiuvi HP 13/13, AC 18/13/15, CMD 14, F+2 R+5 W+0, LowLight, Panache 5/5, Cat's Luck 1/1, Hero 1

Round 1: (Bold may act)
Lucien

Round 2: (Bold may act)
Tiuvi
Syrix
Sami

Goblins: Green
Lucien


Status: NONE | 2/4 Grit | 1/1 Smite | 3/3 Lay on Hands | Paladin 2 /Gun 1 | 21/21 HP | Init: +5 | AC16 / T13 /F13 | Fort 7 / Ref 7 / Will 7 | CMB 6 / CMD 17 | Pistol +6 1d8 x4 B/P | Longsword +4 1d8+2 19-20 X2 S | Alchemical: 61/61 Bullet: 18/30 Silver: 4/5 Adamantine: 5/5 Cold Iron Cartrigage: 20/20 |

Sami looks to her left at Syrix and nods as she retrieves a powered horn and round bullet. He hands shake a bit as she while she reloads.

I think I sounded like a true Paladin now stay calm and load the gun Sami. Maybe Cayden will finally notice me if I help save people.

Finished loading she bring the gun up ready to fire.

Standard Action reload with normal powder and bullet.


Male Elf Magus (Mindblade) 3

Almost in spite of himself, Lucien had actually been enjoying himself. The food was quite good. Not quite up to the standards of Elven cuisine, of course, but better than most that he’d had in Nex. The new cathedral was also rather impressive, as human architecture went. No shrines to the Elven gods, but that was to be expected. ...and then the screaming began.

What is that awful singing? Oh, Hell. Goblins. Ketephys protect us, this is about to get very interesting. Like one of Professor Motlauffenberg’s final exams.

Making a quick decision, he held his hands together, and with a thought created a weapon. An Elven Curveblade coalesced in his hands, looking as though it was formed from glowing crystal as blue as his robes. Confident, he stride forward to meet the little terrors.

Standard to form the blade, then a Move toward them. I’m on my phone right now, somebody move me on the map. Toward a goblin, I don’t care which.


Status: NONE | 2/4 Grit | 1/1 Smite | 3/3 Lay on Hands | Paladin 2 /Gun 1 | 21/21 HP | Init: +5 | AC16 / T13 /F13 | Fort 7 / Ref 7 / Will 7 | CMB 6 / CMD 17 | Pistol +6 1d8 x4 B/P | Longsword +4 1d8+2 19-20 X2 S | Alchemical: 61/61 Bullet: 18/30 Silver: 4/5 Adamantine: 5/5 Cold Iron Cartrigage: 20/20 |

Only one left so I moved you towards that one. I think he is going to have a problem soon.


Female LN Half-Elf Investigator (empiricist) 1 | HP: 10/10| AC: 15, 13 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 3/3 | Extracts: 1st cure light wounds, tears to wine | Active conditions: none |

"Ha! You had that coming." exclaims Syrix as the goblin falls over.

She moves around the cart and swings the spear to gain a little momentum before ending in a stabbing motion aiming for the goblin's torso.

branch spear attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

branch spear damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Swashbuckler/3 | HP 29/29 | AC 19 T 14 FF 15 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +1 | CMB 6, CMD 17 (13 FL) | Init +7, Perc +8

As the body of the first goblin slides off of his blade, Tiyuvi leaps towards the remaining live one. He thrusts his rapier at it as a continuation of his movement towards it.

rapier@green: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Despite the teamwork, this little goblin cackles with glee as he dodges each attack, still dripping with tomato guts.

"Clug-gug eatz you, eye-ballz first!"

Swinging his dogslicer with grand gestures, the goblin tries to cut Tiyuvi. But the agile catfolk easily parries the blow.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Round 2: (Bold may act)
Lucien

Round 3: (Bold may act)
Tiuvi
Syrix
Sami

Goblins: Green
Lucien


Male Elf Magus (Mindblade) 3

Raising his blade high, Lucien steps forward, then brings it down on the piteous little monster.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Status: NONE | 2/4 Grit | 1/1 Smite | 3/3 Lay on Hands | Paladin 2 /Gun 1 | 21/21 HP | Init: +5 | AC16 / T13 /F13 | Fort 7 / Ref 7 / Will 7 | CMB 6 / CMD 17 | Pistol +6 1d8 x4 B/P | Longsword +4 1d8+2 19-20 X2 S | Alchemical: 61/61 Bullet: 18/30 Silver: 4/5 Adamantine: 5/5 Cold Iron Cartrigage: 20/20 |

"Smite the intruder. I will fire if it somehow gets away from you."

Back in the battle Sami turns to check the rest of the festival area while addressing the crowd.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

"Stay alert everyone. It is unlikely these three are alone."


Swashbuckler/3 | HP 29/29 | AC 19 T 14 FF 15 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +1 | CMB 6, CMD 17 (13 FL) | Init +7, Perc +8

We didn't really introduce ourselves to each other in the previous posts. Are we going to handwave that and assume we did meet or are we going to use this scuffle as a chance to form ourselves into a group?

"Thanks." Tiyuvi says to the gun-wielding half-orc. "We might have this one taken care of though it is good to watch for others.." The goblin's ugly bladed dogslicer swishes through the air next to Tiyuvi and he follows with a quick jab to the goblin's chest.

rapier@green: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

I am thinking that you have not yet officially met and joined, but probably had a chance meeting with each other on your voyages in. So hopefully this "scuffle" will bring you together.

Lucien cuts the goblin deep, but not deep enough to put him out of the fight. Tiyuvi comes in and finishes him off, though.

As Sami looks around through the chaos, she sees a wagon explode as 4 other goblins cackle in glee, picking up now lit torches and waving them menacingly at the townsfolk. One of these (orange) has a whip and is continuing the goblin chant.

You can have a round or two before this event starts, if you like.

Party Status:

Lucien HP 9/9, AC 18/14/14, CMD 14, F+3 R+4 W+3 +2 ench, LowLight, Psychic 4/4, Hero 1
Sami HP 10/10 AC 16/13/13 CMD 15, F+2 R+5 W+0, Darvision 60', Hero 1
Syrix HP 10/10, AC 15/13/12 CMD 14, F+2 R+5 W+3, LowLight, Darkvision, Hero 1
Tiuvi HP 13/13, AC 18/13/15, CMD 14, F+2 R+5 W+0, LowLight, Panache 5/5, Cat's Luck 1/1, Hero 1

Initiative:

Lucien: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Sami: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Syrix: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Tiyuvi: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Goblins: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Round 1: (Bold may act)
Tiuvi
Goblins: Green, Red, Blue, Orange
Lucien
Syrix
Sami


Male Elf Magus (Mindblade) 3

A catfolk? Not many of their kind this far north. I wonder what he's doing here. Lucien thinks, looking around at the motley band who'd struck back at the goblins. A halfbreed, and a half-orc, who carries one of those Alkenstar weapons. Intriguing. Lowering his blade, he looks around at the others. "Glad to see I'm not the only willing to stand up to these pests. I'm Lucien, by the way." he pauses, then nods to Syrix. "Nice spear."


Swashbuckler/3 | HP 29/29 | AC 19 T 14 FF 15 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +1 | CMB 6, CMD 17 (13 FL) | Init +7, Perc +8

Tiyuvi glances at the nearby elf. "Yeah. More than glad to payback here. Nice to meet you Lucien. I'm Tiyuvi." He gestures towards the oncoming batch of goblins. "Looks like we have more to do here." He jumps towards the group with an eager step.

Double move -- maybe crazy to get way out in front like this...


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

A goblin wearing a blue vest sees Tiyuvi and charges at him with a dogslicer in one hand and a torch in the other.

"AAAAAAHHH! Yousa burn?"

Torch Attack, charge, inspired: 1d20 - 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 + 2 + 1 = 18
Damage: 1d2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3

The other goblins move into position, and you see yet another on a rooftop ready to drop down on a woman holding her baby. Before you can do anything, though, it leaps into the air to land on her shouting "Bonzai!"

The woman looks over to where the goblin face-planted in the dirt, 5 feet away from her. It doesn't move.

Party Status:

Lucien HP 9/9, AC 18/14/14, CMD 14, F+3 R+4 W+3 +2 ench, LowLight, Psychic 4/4, Hero 1
Sami HP 10/10 AC 16/13/13 CMD 15, F+2 R+5 W+0, Darvision 60', Hero 1
Syrix HP 10/10, AC 15/13/12 CMD 14, F+2 R+5 W+3, LowLight, Darkvision, Hero 1
Tiuvi HP 10/13, AC 18/13/15, CMD 14, F+2 R+5 W+0, LowLight, Panache 5/5, Cat's Luck 1/1, Hero 1

Round 1: (Bold may act)
Lucien
Syrix
Sami


Round 2: (Bold may act)
Tiuvi
Goblins: Green, Red, Blue, Orange


Status: NONE | 2/4 Grit | 1/1 Smite | 3/3 Lay on Hands | Paladin 2 /Gun 1 | 21/21 HP | Init: +5 | AC16 / T13 /F13 | Fort 7 / Ref 7 / Will 7 | CMB 6 / CMD 17 | Pistol +6 1d8 x4 B/P | Longsword +4 1d8+2 19-20 X2 S | Alchemical: 61/61 Bullet: 18/30 Silver: 4/5 Adamantine: 5/5 Cold Iron Cartrigage: 20/20 |

Turning to face the new group of goblins Sami quickly moves closer to the attackers while raising her pistol.

"Looks like the leader in the back. I got it. I hope."

Instead of firing she moves around to get a look at what she assumes is the leader.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Sami notices that her target is continuing to chant, and has pulled out a whip as well.


Male Elf Magus (Mindblade) 3

I’m on mobile again. Someone move me toward Green please.

Lucien grits his teeth. ”Someone should quiet that internal racket.” he says, and suits action to words, moving toward the goblins with psychic blade in hand.


Male Elf Magus (Mindblade) 3

That'll work.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Syrix and Tiyuvi - actions?


Swashbuckler/3 | HP 29/29 | AC 19 T 14 FF 15 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +1 | CMB 6, CMD 17 (13 FL) | Init +7, Perc +8

Tiyuvi tries to dance to the side as the goblin strikes but is a little too slow. He looks at the slash in his arm and then back at the goblin. If the goblin had anything other than maniacal thoughts in its head, it would know to be scared at the catfolk's look.

Tiyuvi cocks his head to the side then makes a short jab at the ugly thing.

rapier@blue: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 All that setup, and then a 1...


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Bot: Double move for Syrix.

"Clumzy cat-man! You not poke Chinzu!"

The blue goblin responds, slashing with his dogslicer, but his arms get tangled up as he tries working around his own torch.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

The green one takes his torch and tries to light Lucien on fire.

Attack: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

Red, seeing Syrix coming and the other two engaged, charges straight through, tongue hanging out as he screams "I killz the Elf woman!"
Lucien and Tiyuvi each get an AoO, -2 AC for goblin charging.

Charge Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 3 = 17
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Damage is pending AoO results.

Finally, the warchanter turns to Sami and uses his whip to try and trip her, but misses her legs completely.
Trip Attempt: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Party Status:

Lucien HP 9/9, AC 18/14/14, CMD 14, F+3 R+4 W+3 +2 ench, LowLight, Psychic 4/4, Hero 1
Sami HP 10/10 AC 16/13/13 CMD 15, F+2 R+5 W+0, Darvision 60', Hero 1
Syrix HP 7 or 10 /10, AC 15/13/12 CMD 14, F+2 R+5 W+3, LowLight, Darkvision, Hero 1
Tiuvi HP 10/13, AC 18/13/15, CMD 14, F+2 R+5 W+0, LowLight, Panache 5/5, Cat's Luck 1/1, Hero 1

Round 2: (Bold may act)
Lucien
Syrix (3 dmg??)
Sami


Round 3: (Bold may act)
Tiuvi
Goblins: Green, Red (-2 AC), Blue, Orange


Status: NONE | 2/4 Grit | 1/1 Smite | 3/3 Lay on Hands | Paladin 2 /Gun 1 | 21/21 HP | Init: +5 | AC16 / T13 /F13 | Fort 7 / Ref 7 / Will 7 | CMB 6 / CMD 17 | Pistol +6 1d8 x4 B/P | Longsword +4 1d8+2 19-20 X2 S | Alchemical: 61/61 Bullet: 18/30 Silver: 4/5 Adamantine: 5/5 Cold Iron Cartrigage: 20/20 |

Sami takes a quick step back as the whip snaps in the relative area of her feet.

"This today, was a mistake."

She aims her pistol at the goblin with the whip and fires center mass at the goblin.

Pistol: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 vs touch
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6

As soon as the bullet leaves the gun she reloads with a paper cartridge this time.


Swashbuckler/3 | HP 29/29 | AC 19 T 14 FF 15 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +1 | CMB 6, CMD 17 (13 FL) | Init +7, Perc +8

Tiyuvi continues to move with poise and grace. With his left arm raised behind his back he lunges forward at the goblin.

rapier@blue: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

In your minds, you are the epitome of grace and power. But the goblins aren't impressed as both Tiyuvi and Sami miss their targets.


Status: NONE | 2/4 Grit | 1/1 Smite | 3/3 Lay on Hands | Paladin 2 /Gun 1 | 21/21 HP | Init: +5 | AC16 / T13 /F13 | Fort 7 / Ref 7 / Will 7 | CMB 6 / CMD 17 | Pistol +6 1d8 x4 B/P | Longsword +4 1d8+2 19-20 X2 S | Alchemical: 61/61 Bullet: 18/30 Silver: 4/5 Adamantine: 5/5 Cold Iron Cartrigage: 20/20 |

WHen the shot misses Sami's hands start to shake again, ever so slightly. Her confidence is rather a veneer oh how she thinks a paladin should behave.


Male Elf Magus (Mindblade) 3

Reaching the green-clad goblin, Lucien’s blade flashes out, slashing effortlessly through the air (and, hopefully, the goblin).

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Lucien quickly dispatches the green goblin, swiping the smile from his face.

Syrix - still with us?


Female LN Half-Elf Investigator (empiricist) 1 | HP: 10/10| AC: 15, 13 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 3/3 | Extracts: 1st cure light wounds, tears to wine | Active conditions: none |

Thank you for botting me GM. I'm getting back on track now.

===================================================

In reply to Lucien's earlier comment about the spear.

"It's of elven design and less clumsy than others i've tried used. It certainly suits my nimbleness and helps me react faster to danger." she looks around at the motley group gathered defenders and smiles to herself.

"Oh, i'm Syrix, by the way. Good to see a few brave souls have stepped forwards rather than running and hiding. I'd hate to think of this place getting majorly disrupted or even destroyed by a swarm of these little pests. I kind of like the place to be honest."

She moves up with the others as the next group of loud annoying goblins start to cause a fuss.

The fast moving goblin almost catches Syrix off guard.

AoO branch spear attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

branch spear damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

She manages to swing the spear around in time to catch it a glancing blow.


Female LN Half-Elf Investigator (empiricist) 1 | HP: 10/10| AC: 15, 13 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 3/3 | Extracts: 1st cure light wounds, tears to wine | Active conditions: none |

Syrix winces slightly as the goblin's crude weapon nicks her. She takes a step back from the creature and tries her best to stab the goblin with one of her weapon's side branches.

branched spear attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

branched spear damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Male Elf Magus (Mindblade) 3

Just realized I forgot to take my AoO earlier.

As the goblin tries to slip past him, Lucien lashes out with his sword, but misses the short creature, his blade passing clean over its bald head.
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Goblins, goblins, everywhere. Nimble little buggers, it seems, as they dodge your attacks despite their continued almost comical mistakes.

Red sees blue fighting with a large cat and decides to double team him!

Red vs Tiyuvi, flanking: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 2 = 15

Blue vs Tiyuvi, flanking: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 2 = 15

Tiyuvi impressively dodges each blow, even causing the goblins to cross weapons at one point. They just sneer at each other and go back to the fight.

The singer continues his chant, but adds a little something magical to it as well, casting a spell on Sami.

If Sami fails Will Save, DC 12:

You are subject to Hideous laughter. This spell afflicts the subject with uncontrollable laughter. It collapses into gales of manic laughter, falling prone. The subject can take no actions while laughing, but is not considered helpless. After the spell ends, it can act normally. On the creature's next turn, it may attempt a new saving throw to end the effect. This is a full round action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity. If this save is successful, the effect ends. If not, the creature continues laughing for the entire duration.

DC 16 Spellcraft to Identify spell:
The spell being cast is Hideous Laughter.

Party Status:

Lucien HP 9/9, AC 18/14/14, CMD 14, F+3 R+4 W+3 +2 ench, LowLight, Psychic 4/4, Hero 1
Sami HP 10/10 AC 16/13/13 CMD 15, F+2 R+5 W+0, Darvision 60', Hero 1
Syrix HP 7/10, AC 15/13/12 CMD 14, F+2 R+5 W+3, LowLight, Darkvision, Hero 1
Tiuvi HP 10/13, AC 18/13/15, CMD 14, F+2 R+5 W+0, LowLight, Panache 5/5, Cat's Luck 1/1, Hero 1

Round 3: (Bold may act)
Lucien
Syrix (3 dmg)
Sami


Round 4: (Bold may act)
Tiuvi
Goblins: Red (2 dmg), Blue, Orange


Status: NONE | 2/4 Grit | 1/1 Smite | 3/3 Lay on Hands | Paladin 2 /Gun 1 | 21/21 HP | Init: +5 | AC16 / T13 /F13 | Fort 7 / Ref 7 / Will 7 | CMB 6 / CMD 17 | Pistol +6 1d8 x4 B/P | Longsword +4 1d8+2 19-20 X2 S | Alchemical: 61/61 Bullet: 18/30 Silver: 4/5 Adamantine: 5/5 Cold Iron Cartrigage: 20/20 |

Will: 1d20 ⇒ 4

Sami is mumbeling to herself "Must be better." over and over but quickly stops with a look of panic on her face as she falls to the ground laughing.

No. No. NO! This cant be happeing.

I think I get a second save now as well as part of my turn. 1st when cast and second on my action?


Swashbuckler/3 | HP 29/29 | AC 19 T 14 FF 15 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +1 | CMB 6, CMD 17 (13 FL) | Init +7, Perc +8

Tiyuvi glances behind him and sees another goblin approaching. "No. Not going to flank me, you nasty beasts." He steps to his right and to the side of the goblin in front of him then stabs again with his rapier.

rapier@blue: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

1 to 50 of 1,155 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / *! Rise of the Runelords !* All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.