Rappan Athuk Old School

Game Master brvheart

Initiative Order:

Katzor
Elathras
Irenicus
Mitleid
Gruk
Beltin
Gnolls

Rappan Athuk Player's Will


7,801 to 7,850 of 8,176 << first < prev | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | next > last >>

half elf Barbarian 6/ rogue 1|HP 84/84 (with rage 96)|AC 20 16 raging/T13/FF17|F+7/R+7+9 traps/W+1| CMB +10/CMD 23|init + 7|Perc + 15/16|Dis. Dev.+12 | Rage16/14 HP+12/AC -2/Will+2/+ 3 resist spells
Thoron Palehorn wrote:
I hate to do this, but I start giving orders. Sivash can you please come help me clear this door at least? That way some of us might can survive!!

retreating would be wise

Thoron, what do you think of the idea of reviving Marthek? If you revive him, ask him to use the holy reach weapon. If you don't revive him, what about using the holy reach weapon yourself?

Grand Lodge

Female Human Arcanist 7 | AC 16(20) T 13 FF 13(17) | HP 36/36 | F +4 R +6 W +7 | Init +3 | Perc +8 | Reservoir 12/13 | Spells 1st 6/6 2nd 4/5 3rd 4/4

Alana delays for Silvash to act first.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric/7

"We can try that I was worried about getting him up and then he goes back down next hit and waste a spell."

Brvheart can I pick this reach weapon up next round?


half elf Barbarian 6/ rogue 1|HP 84/84 (with rage 96)|AC 20 16 raging/T13/FF17|F+7/R+7+9 traps/W+1| CMB +10/CMD 23|init + 7|Perc + 15/16|Dis. Dev.+12 | Rage16/14 HP+12/AC -2/Will+2/+ 3 resist spells

I apologize, I should have put this in game instead of in the above OOC

"Who has the holy spear? Can't someone use it for something?" Having an epiphany, Elathras calls out.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric/7

"I'll try that

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric/7

tries to pick up the spear

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric/7

To Hit: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 1 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric/7

Holy: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric/7

yells at demon GET THEE HENCE FROM HERE FOUL CREATURE!!

Silver Crusade

M Elf Inquisitor 6 Ranger (Freebooter) 1; HP 50/50 AC 20/23 TAC 13/16 CMD 21 FOR +9 REF +8 WIL +8 INIT +5 PER +13 | ongoing effects none
daily use:
1st-5/5 2nd-4/4; Judgement 2/2; Bane 6/6 Wand CLW 36/50

Any REF bonus for being outside the door?

REF save: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 1 = 17


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

The DC is 17 Cuthalian so you saved for half, 12 hp.


Male Elf Rogue 3/Wizard 3/Arcane Trickster 1| AC 21 FF 16 Touch 16| HP 46/50 | F +4 R +11 W +7 | Init +11 | Perc +13

Silvash tries to trace the path of the fireball back to see where it came from

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17


Male Elf Rogue 3/Wizard 3/Arcane Trickster 1| AC 21 FF 16 Touch 16| HP 46/50 | F +4 R +11 W +7 | Init +11 | Perc +13

Silvash get the ring of wishes out and says, "I wish Marthek, Cuthalian, Thoron, Elathras, Alana and I were in Castle Calaelan"

I hope this doesn't bite me in the a$$


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

And the party appears back at the castle. 1 wish left


Male Elf Rogue 3/Wizard 3/Arcane Trickster 1| AC 21 FF 16 Touch 16| HP 46/50 | F +4 R +11 W +7 | Init +11 | Perc +13

Silvash moves to Marthek quickly and tries to administer a cure light wounds potion to him.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Well you did earn 770 xp for the dead priests

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric/7

"Well that was interesting"

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric/7

Casts a channel on party
Channel: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 6, 2) = 17


half elf Barbarian 6/ rogue 1|HP 84/84 (with rage 96)|AC 20 16 raging/T13/FF17|F+7/R+7+9 traps/W+1| CMB +10/CMD 23|init + 7|Perc + 15/16|Dis. Dev.+12 | Rage16/14 HP+12/AC -2/Will+2/+ 3 resist spells
Thoron Palehorn wrote:
"Well that was interesting"

Realizing he is standing in the castle, Elathras nods, "You can say that again!" he smiles, "Should we stay here till everyone feels better, then go to town and pick up stuff before we head back?"

ok, after that CF do we want to discuss tactics in the discussion thread or on Roll20?

Silver Crusade

M Elf Inquisitor 6 Ranger (Freebooter) 1; HP 50/50 AC 20/23 TAC 13/16 CMD 21 FOR +9 REF +8 WIL +8 INIT +5 PER +13 | ongoing effects none
daily use:
1st-5/5 2nd-4/4; Judgement 2/2; Bane 6/6 Wand CLW 36/50

"Sounds like a plan. I would like to get this amazing elven chain enchanted, if at all possible. How big of a hurry are you all in to get back down there?"

Grand Lodge

Female Human Arcanist 7 | AC 16(20) T 13 FF 13(17) | HP 36/36 | F +4 R +6 W +7 | Init +3 | Perc +8 | Reservoir 12/13 | Spells 1st 6/6 2nd 4/5 3rd 4/4

Checks to learn spells to add to my spellbook:

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26 shocking grasp
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25 rope trick
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17 rage

I guess rage will wait for next level, removing the other two from the scroll and adding to the spellbook, cost 10 GP each

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric/7

"no rush from me", who need help with constitution, removing curses, etc?

Grand Lodge

Female Human Arcanist 7 | AC 16(20) T 13 FF 13(17) | HP 36/36 | F +4 R +6 W +7 | Init +3 | Perc +8 | Reservoir 12/13 | Spells 1st 6/6 2nd 4/5 3rd 4/4

[b[ "Me" [/b] raises hand, "Please remove this damn curse."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric/7

"I can do it but I got to pray for spells, anyone else have any curses they need removed?


half elf Barbarian 6/ rogue 1|HP 84/84 (with rage 96)|AC 20 16 raging/T13/FF17|F+7/R+7+9 traps/W+1| CMB +10/CMD 23|init + 7|Perc + 15/16|Dis. Dev.+12 | Rage16/14 HP+12/AC -2/Will+2/+ 3 resist spells

Smiling, at Cuthalian, "Back down to that temple? I'm in no hurry at all! We can go to town and sell what we have, then you can get the fancy armor magiced up. Then we can head back, but if it's up to me I'd avoid that temple as long as we can."

Looking to Thoron, Elathras rubs his head, "I don't know if it's a curse or not, but I don't quite myself."

Turning to Marthek, "Hey Marthek this is our fort, what do you think?"

wisdom is down 6

The idea discussed in Roll 20 is to go back to level three and level four, finish out the area off of Max's lair, hopefully that would get us to eighth level, then try the temple again.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric/7

over the next few days will get everyone back to where they should be. Brvheart do I need to say what spells and how much I cure them at a time?

Grand Lodge

Female Human Arcanist 7 | AC 16(20) T 13 FF 13(17) | HP 36/36 | F +4 R +6 W +7 | Init +3 | Perc +8 | Reservoir 12/13 | Spells 1st 6/6 2nd 4/5 3rd 4/4

Alana spends a couple of days learning new spells from Silvash:

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36 Expeditious Retreat
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22 Shield
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24 Feather Fall
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30 True Strike
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17 Acid Arrow
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21 Blur
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34 Invisibility
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25 Mirror Image

All good except for Acid Arrow. Will try again next level.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Arcanist 7 | AC 16(20) T 13 FF 13(17) | HP 36/36 | F +4 R +6 W +7 | Init +3 | Perc +8 | Reservoir 12/13 | Spells 1st 6/6 2nd 4/5 3rd 4/4

"By the way, I have learned the techniques for crafting wondrous items. I just need a quiet place to work and some tools. I just need time to work, should we have it and you fund the raw materials for what you need."


Male Elf Rogue 3/Wizard 3/Arcane Trickster 1| AC 21 FF 16 Touch 16| HP 46/50 | F +4 R +11 W +7 | Init +11 | Perc +13

Silvash spends time with Alana learning spells.

Spellcraft Ear Piercing Scream: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
Spellcraft Protection from Evil: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25
Spellcraft Enlarge Person: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
Spellcraft Detect Secret Doors: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
Spellcraft Liberating Command: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
Spellcraft Burst of Radiance: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 13 + 2 = 21
Spellcraft Flaming Sphere: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 13 + 2 = 29
Spellcraft Glitterdust: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33


half elf Barbarian 6/ rogue 1|HP 84/84 (with rage 96)|AC 20 16 raging/T13/FF17|F+7/R+7+9 traps/W+1| CMB +10/CMD 23|init + 7|Perc + 15/16|Dis. Dev.+12 | Rage16/14 HP+12/AC -2/Will+2/+ 3 resist spells

"Craft wondrous items, what a great idea!" Realizing that Alana needs some time to build stuff, Elathras looks at the others. "While she crafts stuff, I will go to town to well the items we picked up and to get my fancy new belt. Does anyone else want to go back to 'The Ferry' with me? If we order anything else, we could pick it up on our way back to the Cemetery." ie. RA

once I get feedback on items kept I will have a total for everyone, it will be around 2,000 gp.

As the others talk, Elathras heads to the forge, opening the door he asks the Goblin. "Hey Gorbaz could you make me a spiked gauntlet?"

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric/7

"only thing would be some blank scroll materials to make protection from evil scrolls so the entire party could have that on us when we go into that cleric. Ummm I never got a good at what cast the fireball, did one of you get a good look at it? That way we might be better prepared for it.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

The curse bestowed by this spell cannot be dispelled, but it can be removed with a break enchantment, limited wish, miracle, remove curse, or wish spell.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

It does take 1 hour per spell level to learn new spells whether from a borrowed spellbook or a scroll.


half elf Barbarian 6/ rogue 1|HP 84/84 (with rage 96)|AC 20 16 raging/T13/FF17|F+7/R+7+9 traps/W+1| CMB +10/CMD 23|init + 7|Perc + 15/16|Dis. Dev.+12 | Rage16/14 HP+12/AC -2/Will+2/+ 3 resist spells
brvheart wrote:
The curse bestowed by this spell cannot be dispelled, but it can be removed with a break enchantment, limited wish, miracle, remove curse, or wish spell.

The curse on the door that caused the -6 to our wisdom?

Do any of the spell caster/magic item crafters in the Ferry have access to the cheapest of those spells? What would be the cost?


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

yes


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Thoron Palehorn wrote:
over the next few days will get everyone back to where they should be. Brvheart do I need to say what spells and how much I cure them at a time?

Remove curse can remove all curses on an object or a creature. If the target is a creature, you must make a caster level check (1d20 + caster level) against the DC of each curse affecting the target.


half elf Barbarian 6/ rogue 1|HP 84/84 (with rage 96)|AC 20 16 raging/T13/FF17|F+7/R+7+9 traps/W+1| CMB +10/CMD 23|init + 7|Perc + 15/16|Dis. Dev.+12 | Rage16/14 HP+12/AC -2/Will+2/+ 3 resist spells

After Gorbaz agrees to make the spiked gauntlet for Elathras he goes and finds Marthek

Holding up the + 1 longsword he had been using for light in one hand and the silver greatsword in the other, Elathras asks "Hey Marthek, when you said you would take a toothpick did you meant the little magical one or the bigger silver one? Also do you want the magical cloak I was using?" Cloak of resistance

Once done talking to Marthek he finds the others, asking, "Does anyone want either of these small magical shields? If not we can sell them in the Ferry."

Silver Crusade

M Elf Inquisitor 6 Ranger (Freebooter) 1; HP 50/50 AC 20/23 TAC 13/16 CMD 21 FOR +9 REF +8 WIL +8 INIT +5 PER +13 | ongoing effects none
daily use:
1st-5/5 2nd-4/4; Judgement 2/2; Bane 6/6 Wand CLW 36/50

"I don't need them. I am either fighting with a two handed weapon or shooting the bow." Cuthalian replies.


half elf Barbarian 6/ rogue 1|HP 84/84 (with rage 96)|AC 20 16 raging/T13/FF17|F+7/R+7+9 traps/W+1| CMB +10/CMD 23|init + 7|Perc + 15/16|Dis. Dev.+12 | Rage16/14 HP+12/AC -2/Will+2/+ 3 resist spells

Elathras nods and smiles at Cuthalian, "Good, Thoron and I have shields, so we will sell these two. Shall we wait until morning to head to town?"

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric/7

"ok Who is Cursed?


half elf Barbarian 6/ rogue 1|HP 84/84 (with rage 96)|AC 20 16 raging/T13/FF17|F+7/R+7+9 traps/W+1| CMB +10/CMD 23|init + 7|Perc + 15/16|Dis. Dev.+12 | Rage16/14 HP+12/AC -2/Will+2/+ 3 resist spells
Thoron Palehorn wrote:
"ok Who is Cursed?

Hearing Thoron's question, Elathras sheepishly raises his hand.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

He was talking the +1 long sword.

Also, who is tracking rations? It has been at least 10 days since you left the ferry. That is at least 60 rations. Plus you need to account for all the days writing spells. It will be more than morning before you can leave for the ferry. Also, no one has bathed in that long which is a serious issue for Alana. She needs to make a Fort save.


half elf Barbarian 6/ rogue 1|HP 84/84 (with rage 96)|AC 20 16 raging/T13/FF17|F+7/R+7+9 traps/W+1| CMB +10/CMD 23|init + 7|Perc + 15/16|Dis. Dev.+12 | Rage16/14 HP+12/AC -2/Will+2/+ 3 resist spells
brvheart wrote:

He was talking the +1 long sword.

Also, who is tracking rations? It has been at least 10 days since you left the ferry. That is at least 60 rations. Plus you need to account for all the days writing spells. It will be more than morning before you can leave for the ferry. Also, no one has bathed in that long which is a serious issue for Alana. She needs to make a Fort save.

good, will finish calculating the split in the morning.

As for food, Elathras was carrying 70 rations, Who else was carrying rations?

There is a spring, if anyone needs to bathe

In Roll20 Brv recommended we not just send one or two people to town due to random monsters. He recommended we let Thoron 'remove curse' for everyone who needs it before we leave. My thought was for Alana to stay here and the rest of us go to town and order the things we will need/want crafted. Then come back here with more food until Alana is ready and then pick up the things we ordered at 'the Ferry' on our way to RA. Any thoughts?

I will finish the inventory list and calculate everyone's amount in the morning and post it in discussion. I'm figuring a seven way split, one for each of us, one for improvements on the fort and one split for group necessities, food, wands etc.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Arcanist 7 | AC 16(20) T 13 FF 13(17) | HP 36/36 | F +4 R +6 W +7 | Init +3 | Perc +8 | Reservoir 12/13 | Spells 1st 6/6 2nd 4/5 3rd 4/4

Alana also has 10 rations stock, but since it got stretched, she will bump up her refill order to 20 before the next trip.

Fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 that is probably a fail, but aleast it is not a 1 again

I apologize for getting ahead of things, I thought we were trying to move things along in order to get back into the dungeon, so the first day back will be a rest (I would assume receiving spells do not take a significant amount of time if they are standard action spells) and research day for her, not a crafting day. That will include all the normal human activities done when not adventuring. I assume we have food at our castle? She will begin the crafting on the second day. In order to maximize the downtime, she will request the party pick a few things up for her in addition to the "raw materials" needed for their crafting requests while she remains behind to begin crafting, unless the team wants her to accompany them.

GP spent toward ration refill: 10


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Yeah Alana has an umm infection and will take subdual: 1d4 ⇒ 3 damage and will not heal resting until she gets a remove disease.
As far as I know there are no rations at the fort except for the workers.


half elf Barbarian 6/ rogue 1|HP 84/84 (with rage 96)|AC 20 16 raging/T13/FF17|F+7/R+7+9 traps/W+1| CMB +10/CMD 23|init + 7|Perc + 15/16|Dis. Dev.+12 | Rage16/14 HP+12/AC -2/Will+2/+ 3 resist spells
brvheart wrote:


As far as I know there are no rations at the fort except for the workers.

when we left 'The Ferry' ten days ago we asked Rasmus to send 500 gp. worth of food stuff be sent out to the fort. I would assume they have some to spare as long as we resupply them.....

what time of day is it?

As Elathras rummages through the magical bag he dumps everything on the ground separating it into two piles, things he thinks they should sell and things he thinks they should keep. look at list in discussion Pointing to one, "That's what I think we should sell." then to the other, "That's what I think we should keep."

I'm assuming for simplicity sake that we have been living off of the group rations in Elathras' pack
Then rummaging through his backpack, he takes out the ten or so trail rations he has left. Placing them beside the cheese wheel, the 10 oranges and the cask of fine brandy. "This is all the food I have left, we probably should get more."

Yawning, elathras asks Alana, "I would really like something made by you. What supplies should we pick up while were in town to help your "crafting"."

He then counts out 625 gp. Turning to give it to Cuthalian, "Hey Cuthalian now that you have the fancy elf shirt would you sell me your breastplate? I want to give it to Marthek." I hope that's ok Cuthalian

Handing the gold to Cuthalian he accepts the breastplate and gives it to the barbarian, "Here Marthek, this armor is even better than the armor I gave you." Pointing to the fort. "Would you like to see the fort? I don't think you've been here with us before."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric/7

ok I'll pray for remove disease and remove curse the next morning. then cast on Alana and Elathras.

Remove Disease: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 4 = 31 On Alana
Remove Curse: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 4 = 30 On Elthras

don't know if wisdom helps or not if it doesn't its 27 on Alana and 26 on Elthras


half elf Barbarian 6/ rogue 1|HP 84/84 (with rage 96)|AC 20 16 raging/T13/FF17|F+7/R+7+9 traps/W+1| CMB +10/CMD 23|init + 7|Perc + 15/16|Dis. Dev.+12 | Rage16/14 HP+12/AC -2/Will+2/+ 3 resist spells
Thoron Palehorn wrote:

ok I'll pray for remove disease and remove curse the next morning. then cast on Alana and Elathras.

[dice=Remove Disease]1d20 +7+4 On Alana
[dice=Remove Curse]1d20 +7+4 On Elthras

don't know if wisdom helps or not if it doesn't its 27 on Alana and 26 on Elthras

I'm assuming going through the door and failing our roll caused the curse. If that is right, I think Alana may need a curse removed as well, let's double check before you pray for spells.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric/7

Brvheart can we get a bulk price on 60 days worth of rations for the entire party and have the pary mule carry them?

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric/7

oh we got several days here. I need to get the party up to full health and some of us probably are exhausted and need to rest

"ok who all is hurt still? I need to get us all up to where we're healthy.'

7,801 to 7,850 of 8,176 << first < prev | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk Old Style Game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.