Rappan Athuk Old School

Game Master brvheart

Initiative Order:

Katzor
Elathras
Irenicus
Mitleid
Gruk
Beltin
Gnolls

Rappan Athuk Player's Will


7,851 to 7,900 of 8,172 << first < prev | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | next > last >>

Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Thoron Palehorn wrote:

ok I'll pray for remove disease and remove curse the next morning. then cast on Alana and Elathras.

[dice=Remove Disease]1d20 +7+4 On Alana
[dice=Remove Curse]1d20 +7+4 On Elthras

don't know if wisdom helps or not if it doesn't its 27 on Alana and 26 on Elthras

No Wisdom is not added, but both of these pass the DC. The DC for the Remove Curse is 17.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Elathras Narcinal wrote:
brvheart wrote:


As far as I know there are no rations at the fort except for the workers.
when we left 'The Ferry' ten days ago we asked Rasmus to send 500 gp. worth of food stuff be sent out to the fort. I would assume they have some to spare as long as we resupply them.....

That should work. Call this day pretty much over as you are rather spent from the battle.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric/7

"Who else is needing curse/disease removed? Please speak up so I can try to help you"


half elf Barbarian 6/ rogue 1|HP 84/84 (with rage 96)|AC 20 16 raging/T13/FF17|F+7/R+7+9 traps/W+1| CMB +10/CMD 23|init + 7|Perc + 15/16|Dis. Dev.+12 | Rage16/14 HP+12/AC -2/Will+2/+ 3 resist spells

Looking around, thinking about this and that, Elathras feels like his brain is no longer in a fog. Smiling, "Thanks Thoron! I feel much better."

Stuffing the items back in the magical bag he Asks Alana "These magical bags are neat, can you make them too?"

Gesturing toward the sping house #5 on the map he continues "I think I'll go to bed now. If anyone needs me I'll be in my canoe in the spring house."

Silver Crusade

M Elf Inquisitor 6 Ranger (Freebooter) 1; HP 50/50 AC 20/23 TAC 13/16 CMD 21 FOR +9 REF +8 WIL +8 INIT +5 PER +13 | ongoing effects none
daily use:
1st-5/5 2nd-4/4; Judgement 2/2; Bane 6/6 Wand CLW 36/50

"No, I won't sell it to you or Marthek. If the man can use it, it's his. Marthek, wear it well. I'm a bit slighter than you so you will probably need to have it adjusted." Cuthalian responds to Elathras' earlier offer.

Cuthalian finds the same quiet spot he had staked out before when it is time to retire. The next morning he will remember to get 20 trail rations for their next endeavor.


half elf Barbarian 6/ rogue 1|HP 84/84 (with rage 96)|AC 20 16 raging/T13/FF17|F+7/R+7+9 traps/W+1| CMB +10/CMD 23|init + 7|Perc + 15/16|Dis. Dev.+12 | Rage16/14 HP+12/AC -2/Will+2/+ 3 resist spells
Cuthalian wrote:
"No, I won't sell it to you or Marthek. If the man can use it, it's his. Marthek, wear it well. I'm a bit slighter than you so you will probably need to have it adjusted." Cuthalian responds to Elathras' earlier offer.

hey, just trying to help with the cost of that armor enhancement :)

Grand Lodge

Female Human Arcanist 7 | AC 16(20) T 13 FF 13(17) | HP 36/36 | F +4 R +6 W +7 | Init +3 | Perc +8 | Reservoir 12/13 | Spells 1st 6/6 2nd 4/5 3rd 4/4

Alana had previously posted she would also need a remove curse. Sorry I am late folks, got caught up at work

"Should not be too difficult Elathras, what size of bag are you looking to have made? The bigger the bag, the longer it takes and more expensive the raw materials."

BRV, the actual raw materials for any given item are not described, do you want us to figure out something or simply refer to them as raw materials?

So, day of arrival, nothing occurs as we simply rest, on day 1 after arriving, the two magic users share spell books and learn some new spells. Everyone else does the tasks they need to prepare for the trip to the Ferry and prepare the items for sale. Alana can start crafting on day 2 unless the group needs her to accompany them to the Ferry.

"Thank you Thoron. I feel much better!" , Alana is no longer scratching an unpleasant itch.

Thoron, if you please, may I have a remove curse also?

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric/7

"Certainly, let me try.

Remove Curse: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 on Alana

"there you go.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

done


half elf Barbarian 6/ rogue 1|HP 84/84 (with rage 96)|AC 20 16 raging/T13/FF17|F+7/R+7+9 traps/W+1| CMB +10/CMD 23|init + 7|Perc + 15/16|Dis. Dev.+12 | Rage16/14 HP+12/AC -2/Will+2/+ 3 resist spells
Alana Kelsh wrote:

So, day of arrival, nothing occurs as we simply rest, on day 1 after arriving, the two magic users share spell books and learn some new spells. Everyone else does the tasks they need to prepare for the trip to the Ferry and prepare the items for sale. Alana can start crafting on day 2 unless the group needs her to accompany them to the Ferry.

"Thank you Thoron. I feel much better!" , Alana is no longer scratching an unpleasant itch.

Thoron, if you please, may I have a remove curse also?

I assumed Elathras dumping the bag and inventorying everything along with his discussions with; Cuthalian, Alana, Marthek and Gorbaz, happened on day of arrival. Did Thoron's 3 spells happen day of arrival or day 1 after arriving?


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

They could not be day of arrival as he would not have them prayed for. It may take a day or two afterwards. Would have to ask Thoron how many he can do in one day.


half elf Barbarian 6/ rogue 1|HP 84/84 (with rage 96)|AC 20 16 raging/T13/FF17|F+7/R+7+9 traps/W+1| CMB +10/CMD 23|init + 7|Perc + 15/16|Dis. Dev.+12 | Rage16/14 HP+12/AC -2/Will+2/+ 3 resist spells
brvheart wrote:

They could not be day of arrival as he would not have them prayed for. It may take a day or two afterwards. Would have to ask Thoron how many he can do in one day.

so at least morning of 1 day after arrival, Thoron, with the foreknowledge of the discussion the night before, how many can you do in one day?

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric/7

I get 4 3rd level spells per day. I'd have to pray for them the next morning and will have one more remove curse if anyone else needs it. I've not had anyone speak up but got it in case.

I'm also going to change my spells up a bit. Do you need me to change it on the profile Brvheart?


half elf Barbarian 6/ rogue 1|HP 84/84 (with rage 96)|AC 20 16 raging/T13/FF17|F+7/R+7+9 traps/W+1| CMB +10/CMD 23|init + 7|Perc + 15/16|Dis. Dev.+12 | Rage16/14 HP+12/AC -2/Will+2/+ 3 resist spells
Thoron Palehorn wrote:
I get 4 3rd level spells per day. I'd have to pray for them the next morning and will have one more remove curse if anyone else needs it. I've not had anyone speak up but got it in case.

so the three spells cast were cast the morning of day 1 after arrival.

morning of day 1 after arrival.
"Thanks again for the healing Thoron!" Placing the magic bag, full of items they are going to sell, in his pack. Elathras asks, "So who's ready to walk to town? We can order some magical items crafted from the women there and purchase food for ourselves."


Male Elf Rogue 3/Wizard 3/Arcane Trickster 1| AC 21 FF 16 Touch 16| HP 46/50 | F +4 R +11 W +7 | Init +11 | Perc +13

Silvash enjoys a night in a bed in the castle and the next morning begins working on his spells.

"Elathras, we should probably wait until Thoron replenishes his spells in the morning to head out again. Never know what we will encounter on the way."


half elf Barbarian 6/ rogue 1|HP 84/84 (with rage 96)|AC 20 16 raging/T13/FF17|F+7/R+7+9 traps/W+1| CMB +10/CMD 23|init + 7|Perc + 15/16|Dis. Dev.+12 | Rage16/14 HP+12/AC -2/Will+2/+ 3 resist spells
Silvash Auerial wrote:

Silvash enjoys a night in a bed in the castle and the next morning begins working on his spells.

"Elathras, we should probably wait until Thoron replenishes his spells in the morning to head out again. Never know what we will encounter on the way."

He replenished his spells overnight and then used the three healing Alana and Elathras. Or are you saying we should wait until the morning of the 2 day after arrival?

There was some confusion. Thoron didn't heal anyone on the eve of our arrival, he healed them the morning of the 1 day after our arrival. But in game there were conversations; some about equipment etc. and some about Thoron healing people, happening at the same time in the game thread. Thus the clarifications about which happening when.

clear as mud right...


half elf Barbarian 6/ rogue 1|HP 84/84 (with rage 96)|AC 20 16 raging/T13/FF17|F+7/R+7+9 traps/W+1| CMB +10/CMD 23|init + 7|Perc + 15/16|Dis. Dev.+12 | Rage16/14 HP+12/AC -2/Will+2/+ 3 resist spells

answered in discussion

Shrugging, "I'm ok either way, let's take a vote." Looking at the others, "All in favor of going to town today raise your right hand."

Looking at both hands for the briefest of seconds Elathras raises his right hand. "All in favor of waiting a day, raise your left hand."

the vote so far, one for today, one for tomorrow. If your abstaining say so, but we will need someone to break the tie.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Day Two

The guards report seeing bugbears in the woods around the castle.


half elf Barbarian 6/ rogue 1|HP 84/84 (with rage 96)|AC 20 16 raging/T13/FF17|F+7/R+7+9 traps/W+1| CMB +10/CMD 23|init + 7|Perc + 15/16|Dis. Dev.+12 | Rage16/14 HP+12/AC -2/Will+2/+ 3 resist spells
brvheart wrote:

Day Two

The guards report seeing bugbears in the woods around the castle.

Why the rush? This day two, is it day 1 after arriving or day 2 after arriving? Are we still voting? What time of day is it?


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Thoron has cast 2 remove curse and a remove disease so you are on day 2. The day after returning.


half elf Barbarian 6/ rogue 1|HP 84/84 (with rage 96)|AC 20 16 raging/T13/FF17|F+7/R+7+9 traps/W+1| CMB +10/CMD 23|init + 7|Perc + 15/16|Dis. Dev.+12 | Rage16/14 HP+12/AC -2/Will+2/+ 3 resist spells
brvheart wrote:

Thoron has cast 2 remove curse and a remove disease so you are on day 2. The day after returning.

Thank you. We were discussing the trip first thing in the morning, did the guards interrupt the conversation? Or was it later in the day?


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

The first check is in the morning. Alana and Silvash have already committed to writing spells for several days. You leaving them there?


half elf Barbarian 6/ rogue 1|HP 84/84 (with rage 96)|AC 20 16 raging/T13/FF17|F+7/R+7+9 traps/W+1| CMB +10/CMD 23|init + 7|Perc + 15/16|Dis. Dev.+12 | Rage16/14 HP+12/AC -2/Will+2/+ 3 resist spells
brvheart wrote:

The first check is in the morning. Alana and Silvash have already committed to writing spells for several days. You leaving them there?

I would have considered it, since we made the trek several times as lower level characters and I assume the random encounter rolling charts are the same as they were. But that's neither here nor their.

Hearing the guards interrupt the vote, Elathras drops his back pack on the courtyard, drawing his bow as he walks to the gate. Looking to confirm what the guards saw.

perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21

woods, lol, I allways assumed we were on a plain. How far is the tree line from the fort?

Silver Crusade

M Elf Inquisitor 6 Ranger (Freebooter) 1; HP 50/50 AC 20/23 TAC 13/16 CMD 21 FOR +9 REF +8 WIL +8 INIT +5 PER +13 | ongoing effects none
daily use:
1st-5/5 2nd-4/4; Judgement 2/2; Bane 6/6 Wand CLW 36/50

"We'll need to wait for the magic types to finish their copying. Then we can take off. I wouldn't want them trying to catch up with us while bugbears are patrolling the area." Cuthalian offers.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

There are woods surrounding the castle. You went through them to get here originally especially to the west. The tree line is about 50' to the east but not as dense as the west. The reports are that there are at least a dozen bugbears.


half elf Barbarian 6/ rogue 1|HP 84/84 (with rage 96)|AC 20 16 raging/T13/FF17|F+7/R+7+9 traps/W+1| CMB +10/CMD 23|init + 7|Perc + 15/16|Dis. Dev.+12 | Rage16/14 HP+12/AC -2/Will+2/+ 3 resist spells

did Elathras see any?

Turning to Cuthalian, "I wouldn't have them follow, I thought we would just go today, place our orders, pick up more food and come back tomorrow." He smiles and turn back looking out the gate. "We may have to kill some goblins first" Scanning the horizon ? he calls to the guard, "Where did you see them?" then looking again the direction the guard points.

perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27

Silver Crusade

M Elf Inquisitor 6 Ranger (Freebooter) 1; HP 50/50 AC 20/23 TAC 13/16 CMD 21 FOR +9 REF +8 WIL +8 INIT +5 PER +13 | ongoing effects none
daily use:
1st-5/5 2nd-4/4; Judgement 2/2; Bane 6/6 Wand CLW 36/50

"I'm fine with that. We'll need to get a list from them on what they want. Shall we go track the bugbears?"


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

They are a couple of hundred feet east.


half elf Barbarian 6/ rogue 1|HP 84/84 (with rage 96)|AC 20 16 raging/T13/FF17|F+7/R+7+9 traps/W+1| CMB +10/CMD 23|init + 7|Perc + 15/16|Dis. Dev.+12 | Rage16/14 HP+12/AC -2/Will+2/+ 3 resist spells

Pointing to the east, smiling, "We don't have to track them, their right there." Notching an arrow to his bow, Elathras begins to walk towards the Bugbears. "Come on, let's see if their dumb enough to stay there."

double move, 60 ft.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric/7

"do we have a plan in how to mobilize the castle defenses? You think the bugbears might parley?


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Marthek is still badly wounded so he is not in shape to be leaving the castle.


half elf Barbarian 6/ rogue 1|HP 84/84 (with rage 96)|AC 20 16 raging/T13/FF17|F+7/R+7+9 traps/W+1| CMB +10/CMD 23|init + 7|Perc + 15/16|Dis. Dev.+12 | Rage16/14 HP+12/AC -2/Will+2/+ 3 resist spells

Turning back to Thoron, "We can shut the gate, that's about it, We only have six guards for the door. Oh and a butler and blacksmith, but I'm not sure Gorbaz counts since he's a goblin."

Continuing moving, "If you want to see if the goblins want to talk you can. They probably don't like the fact we killed their cousins that were living here and want their house back."

still the first move of 60ft, just talking and waiting to see who joins. I'll roll init, when you say so brv, until then we can assume someone other than Elathras will talk to the goblins.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

I am waiting for others to respond and the encounter distance is still rather great.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric/7

oh ok I had just asked even with 10 or so I gave the party with my channel? will use up the rest of the wand on him then (only have 6 left in it)

Cure Light Wounds Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Cure Light Wounds Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Cure Light Wounds Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Cure Light Wounds Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Cure Light Wounds Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Cure Light Wounds Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

26 back for Marthek

and that uses up the wand


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

that puts him at 44 of 80 when raging. He was deep into the negatives prior to the channel


Male Elf Rogue 3/Wizard 3/Arcane Trickster 1| AC 21 FF 16 Touch 16| HP 46/50 | F +4 R +11 W +7 | Init +11 | Perc +13

Silvash responds to Elathras, "I don't think we should go off chasing them right now. There may be other groups we can't see that could attack the fort while we are out or surround us. I'd take a good look around in the woods for evidence of more of them before taking these ones on. If we don't get too far from the fort we can respond if that group attacks. What do you think?"


half elf Barbarian 6/ rogue 1|HP 84/84 (with rage 96)|AC 20 16 raging/T13/FF17|F+7/R+7+9 traps/W+1| CMB +10/CMD 23|init + 7|Perc + 15/16|Dis. Dev.+12 | Rage16/14 HP+12/AC -2/Will+2/+ 3 resist spells

where are you guys in relationship to Elathras, he walked to the door, and is now walking out about 60 ft. Are we yelling or did you come out with him?

Looking very confused, Elathras gestures at Thoron, "Um, Thoron, said he wanted to talk to them. Which is ok I guess." He looks down and shuffles his foot. "If were not going to talk to them, Can I go out a little further?" He holds the bow up, "I've got this nice bow Mitleid gave me and I don't get to use it much. I could take a couple of shots, and if too many come after me I could run back to the fort and shut the gate." He gives a broad smile. "I'm sure I can outrun them."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric/7

"Barbarians, always to whack things first. Let's see if they'll talk a bit first. If you cover me I'll walk out about 30' from the gate and just see."

Looks for a sheet or something to put on the spear and will walk out 25' from gate.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Do you speak goblin Thoron? Marthek moves to cover the gate.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric/7

no, undercommon though.

"hey troops ask the smith if he can come translate for us.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric/7

I do have linguistics as skill though

Silver Crusade

M Elf Inquisitor 6 Ranger (Freebooter) 1; HP 50/50 AC 20/23 TAC 13/16 CMD 21 FOR +9 REF +8 WIL +8 INIT +5 PER +13 | ongoing effects none
daily use:
1st-5/5 2nd-4/4; Judgement 2/2; Bane 6/6 Wand CLW 36/50

"I don't speak bugbear but the only thing they need to understand is that we are going to take their heads off. You don't parlay with those who eat your people." Cuthalian says, shocked at the suggestion.

Silver Crusade

M Elf Inquisitor 6 Ranger (Freebooter) 1; HP 50/50 AC 20/23 TAC 13/16 CMD 21 FOR +9 REF +8 WIL +8 INIT +5 PER +13 | ongoing effects none
daily use:
1st-5/5 2nd-4/4; Judgement 2/2; Bane 6/6 Wand CLW 36/50

Cuthalian then follows Elathras and readies his bow.

If it is the day after we arrived, can I assume I use my cure moderate wounds before sacking out or no? Either way, I still healed 7 correct?


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Cuthalian I am showing you at full hp, but yes you can cast csw

Silver Crusade

M Elf Inquisitor 6 Ranger (Freebooter) 1; HP 50/50 AC 20/23 TAC 13/16 CMD 21 FOR +9 REF +8 WIL +8 INIT +5 PER +13 | ongoing effects none
daily use:
1st-5/5 2nd-4/4; Judgement 2/2; Bane 6/6 Wand CLW 36/50

No worries then, Bugbear hunting i go.


half elf Barbarian 6/ rogue 1|HP 84/84 (with rage 96)|AC 20 16 raging/T13/FF17|F+7/R+7+9 traps/W+1| CMB +10/CMD 23|init + 7|Perc + 15/16|Dis. Dev.+12 | Rage16/14 HP+12/AC -2/Will+2/+ 3 resist spells

The nearest bugbear is 180 ft. or so from where Elatras is placed. Taking what Alana posted in discussion in mind.

Noting that Marthek has moved to protect the gate, Elathras smiles seeing Cuthalian join him. "Silvash is right, there may be more of them and he and Alana need to make stuff. So we shouldn't wander too far from the fort with them nearby. But we should be able to get rid of them with out going to far."

Looking to see if anyone had fetched Gorbaz the goblin, Elathras turns to Thoron. "I won't try and stop you and Gorbaz from talking to them if you want to. But if your not, will you stay here by the gate with Marthek or do you want to confront them with us?"

ok, Thoron your move, are you going to take Gorbaz and try and talk, or wait here with Marthek, or go with us while we shoot at the goblins?

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric/7

I was going to try and parley with first. You all cover though. I'm not going to be getting in melee distance. Will Gorbaz come if we ask him?


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

He will come, but it will take a few rounds for someone to get there and get him.


half elf Barbarian 6/ rogue 1|HP 84/84 (with rage 96)|AC 20 16 raging/T13/FF17|F+7/R+7+9 traps/W+1| CMB +10/CMD 23|init + 7|Perc + 15/16|Dis. Dev.+12 | Rage16/14 HP+12/AC -2/Will+2/+ 3 resist spells

happy to wait. Thoron asked 'the troops' (I assume this was the guards we hired) to go get the blacksmith. I assume one of them is underway. Let us know when they arrive.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric/7

lol troops is one of the ways I say hey ya'll

7,851 to 7,900 of 8,172 << first < prev | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk Old Style Game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.