Project: Golarion (Inactive)

Game Master ambnz

Trapped in a virtual fantasy world with a mad AI. What can go wrong?

Graveyard Map Link:- MAP


1 to 50 of 108 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Hi!

I'm new to PbP GM-ing but I figured I'd run my idea for a game by here and see if it had any interest. I'm obviously willing to change some stuff if many people are against it or wish to tweak some things.

Game: The skeleton of what I have so far is that the game takes place in the far future in a cyberpunk-esque setting. However, the gameplay itself will take place entirely inside of a corrupted hard-light simulation of "Golarion" ruled by a rogue Artificial Intelligence. As "Players" inside the simulation, you will be relying on your physical bodies and abilities. Magic will be a product of the ability to "hack" the simulation, and will be unaffected from the original game rules. Reasons for being in the simulation can vary wildly, from being a government or company agent sent in to rescue someone or "contain" the AI to being an unlucky player who was in the simulation when the AI went rogue and prevented anyone from leaving.

Character Creation:

-Roll for stats, 4d6 drop lowest in order* (first roll is strength, then dex, then con, etc)
-Races: Limited to Human, Skinwalker, and Android. In the future, it's common for Humans to splice animal DNA onto themselves in order to gain beneficial attributes of various kinds. Androids have also attained full consciousness.
-Players start at Level 3
-All official Paizo classes and content allowed, open to allowing some 3rd party feats if requested.
-Starting gear- Choose one "Package" from Adventurer's Armory 2. You can alter the items in the package as detailed in their various descriptions, such as changing which masterwork weapon is included in the holy warrior package, etc.
-Backstory- I'd like a basic backstory. At the point the game begins, the group would know each other and have adventured together at least once before.

Other rules considerations:

Unchained: Subjective Morality and loyalty system to replace alignment
Unchained Disease/Poison Track
Automatic Bonus Progression

The gods don't exist, but the AI has implemented a loyalty system in keeping with what it considers "authenticity" to its mad programming. You may "align" yourself with any single golarion deity at a time, and may gain all the benefits (and restrictions) of worshipping that deity (feats, domains, expanded spell options, etc).

Post Frequency: I'd like at least one post a day during the work-week, with weekend posts being optional.

Player Number-4-5

Let me know if you have any questions! I'm sure I missed something. Thanks for reading through this if you did, and I'm always open to feedback!


4d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 1, 4) = 14 13
4d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 5, 3) = 15 14
4d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 4, 6) = 17 16
4d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 5, 2) = 16 14
4d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 2, 5) = 15 13
4d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 4, 3) = 13 10

Looks fairly promising. Are you strictly only going to consider third party feats, not classes and such? I'll have to consider what I could make with this array. It's not bad, per se, but it doesn't have any obvious strengths either.


Joseph Soltz wrote:


"Looks fairly promising. Are you strictly only going to consider third party feats, not classes and such? I'll have to consider what I could make with this array. It's not bad, per se, but it doesn't have any obvious strengths either."

I'd prefer to keep to original Paizo classes for at least semi-balance and familiarity reasons. If there was a particular archetype you REALLY wanted to take from a 3rd party source I might approve it if it looks balanced.

No promises, but what third party classes were you hoping would be included?


I'm going to have to do some thinking, but I was thinking about going a fairly utilitarian way with Spheres of Power, in some fashion.

Unrelated: I find it kinda weird that, in what amounts to an MMO, you'd go with a generation method that isn't standardized between players.


Joseph Soltz wrote:

I'm going to have to do some thinking, but I was thinking about going a fairly utilitarian way with Spheres of Power, in some fashion.

Unrelated: I find it kinda weird that, in what amounts to an MMO, you'd go with a generation method that isn't standardized between players.

Not familiar enough with Spheres of Power to give it the ok, sorry!

As for generation, its more of a preference than anything else. Story wise, you enter the "program" with your original body and physical+mental abilities unmodified.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Very cool idea!

Str: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 4, 4) = 12 - 1 = 11
Dex: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 2, 1) = 9 - 1 = 8
Con: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 5, 5) = 15 - 2 = 13
Int: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 6, 1) = 11 - 1 = 10
Wis: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 3, 2) = 13 - 2 = 11
Cha: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 5, 4) = 16 - 1 = 15

Woof, that equals out to a 10 point buy. I'll see what I can do with it...


GM Ambnz wrote:
Joseph Soltz wrote:

I'm going to have to do some thinking, but I was thinking about going a fairly utilitarian way with Spheres of Power, in some fashion.

Unrelated: I find it kinda weird that, in what amounts to an MMO, you'd go with a generation method that isn't standardized between players.

Not familiar enough with Spheres of Power to give it the ok, sorry!

As for generation, its more of a preference than anything else. Story wise, you enter the "program" with your original body and physical+mental abilities unmodified.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm almost tempted to ask about the Avowed, since it's a port of a popular 3.5e class (The Warlock), but I'm gonna have to really do some thinking on it. In the meantime, Here is the main Avowed document. I will figure out something to do with this array.


4d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 6, 3) = 21 = 18 str
4d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 1, 2) = 11 = 10 dex
4d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 5, 5) = 20 = 15 con
4d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 2, 5) = 15 = 13 int
4d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 6, 5) = 19 = 17 wis
4d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 3, 3) = 10 = 9 cha

Well, that's interesting. 39 point buy. Well set up for fighting or divine spellcasting.

I'll see if my muse takes an interest.

Since we're starting below half WBL, do we get the +2 on Auto Bonus Progression?


Interesting concept. I guess I should roll stats before I decide what I want to be...


Are these AA2 packages available anywhere online?


STR: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 4, 2) = 15 = 13
DEX: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 6, 1) = 15 = 14
CON: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 5, 3) = 19 = 16
INT: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 3, 1) = 14 = 13
WIS: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 6, 2) = 17 = 15
CHA: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 3, 4) = 18 = 15

Given those stats, I'm thinking Kineticist (and I've kinda been wanting to try one anyway). I think the Aether focus would be a good fit for the setting. I'm also thinking it would be fun to play a skinwalker, but first I want to make sure that the GM will allow the kineticist's SLAs to be used while wildshaping.


Philo Pharynx wrote:
Are these AA2 packages available anywhere online?

Not terribly well organized, but you can find them here (hint: search the page for the word "package").


This seems delightfully wierd.

4d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 4, 3) = 14 = 12
4d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 6, 5) = 18 = 17
4d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 4, 6) = 19 = 16
4d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 5, 6) = 14 = 13
4d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 2, 4) = 16 = 14
4d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 4, 4) = 12 = 11


whosawhatsis wrote:
Philo Pharynx wrote:
Are these AA2 packages available anywhere online?
Not terribly well organized, but you can find them here (hint: search the page for the word "package").

Thank you for the information.

So, Ambnz, how much can we change out of these crappy equipment packages? You mentioned weapons. Anything else?


A very interesting premise, and I can already think of potential character concepts. And I'll roll away to see what I get...

Strength: 4d6 - 1 ⇒ (5, 3, 1, 6) - 1 = 14
Dexterity: 4d6 - 1 ⇒ (6, 1, 1, 2) - 1 = 9
Constitution: 4d6 - 1 ⇒ (2, 6, 1, 6) - 1 = 14
Intelligence: 4d6 - 1 ⇒ (1, 3, 6, 3) - 1 = 12
Wisdom: 4d6 - 1 ⇒ (3, 1, 3, 2) - 1 = 8
Charisma: 4d6 - 2 ⇒ (3, 2, 3, 5) - 2 = 11

Hmm, a very lackluster 10 point buy. I can think of a potential build or two, nothing great though.


Philo Pharynx wrote:

Since we're starting below half WBL, do we get the +2 on Auto Bonus Progression?

No, since magic items will be widely available and rewarded, and I expect you all to be past wbl by the time you level up.

As for dislike of the equipment packages, which one were you thinking of and what did you want to replace in it? Keep in mind it is meant to just be slightly better starting equipment.

Whosawhatsis: I'm fine with kineticist stuff to work while wildshaping. Thanks for linking the packages page


Interesting.....
Dotting for now, I'll come back if I think I'll have time to make a character.


4d6, drop lowest: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 3, 4) = 11 9
4d6, drop lowest: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 5, 1) = 16 15
4d6, drop lowest: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 5, 6) = 19 17
4d6, drop lowest: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 2, 4) = 15 13
4d6, drop lowest: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 2, 3) = 12 10
4d6, drop lowest: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 5, 5) = 19 15


Some things that I missed in the intro bit:

Traits: 2 traits, drawbacks allowed
Hit Points: Max at first level, then half hit-dice +1
Variant Multiclassing Allowed

Since there appears to be enough interest at this point, once 4-5 people submit characters we can get started


Is that a no on Avowed, the warlock port?


Joseph Soltz wrote:
Is that a no on Avowed, the warlock port?

Still reading through it, haven't decided yet. I'd recommend having a backup plan in case I say no. Theme wise it seems very similar to The Outer Channeler-Medium . The avowed does seem interesting though but I want to read some more on it before I give my final answer.


Not a problem! I'll take a look at that when I get home.


4d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 2, 6) = 12 11 STR
4d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 6, 2) = 15 13 DEX
4d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 5, 1) = 10 9 CON
4d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 3, 2) = 12 10 INT
4d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 6, 5) = 16 14 WIS
4d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 5, 6) = 19 16 CHA

18pt buy. Will see what I can come up with. Oracle. Or other cha based class.


Str: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 3, 3) = 13=10
dex: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 5, 1) = 16=15
con: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 5, 4) = 17=14
int: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 1, 5) = 16=15
wis: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 4, 6) = 13=12
cha: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 3, 6) = 14=12

26 point buy.

I don't suppose I could ask for you to implement the somewhat popular Reduced feat taxes homebrew rules

Either way it's a very interesting stat spread.


Azih wrote:


"26 point buy.

I don't suppose I could ask for you to implement the somewhat popular Reduced feat taxes homebrew rules "

Either way it's a very interesting stat spread.

That is a cool stat spread.

And I'm actually a big fan of the taxless system ( I hate combat expertise so much) and I use it for a current home campaign, but wasn't going to mention it unless someone requested it.

Should be fine as long as everyone pinky-promises not to munchkin too hard.

I'll go ahead and green light it for now, with the condition that if I see it being abused too far I reserve the right to reign-in builds if they get out of control.


Okay, paint me interested.
The whole concept seems rather fun and I can't lie, I love rolling for stats.

Str: 4d6 - 2 ⇒ (2, 3, 3, 6) - 2 = 12
Dex: 4d6 - 3 ⇒ (3, 5, 3, 5) - 3 = 13
Con: 4d6 - 1 ⇒ (4, 3, 1, 2) - 1 = 9
Int: 4d6 - 1 ⇒ (2, 5, 1, 5) - 1 = 12
Wis: 4d6 - 2 ⇒ (2, 5, 6, 6) - 2 = 17
Cha: 4d6 - 5 ⇒ (5, 5, 6, 6) - 5 = 17

Did someone say Cleric?


Grand. Thanks GM! How is HP calculated?


Azih wrote:
Grand. Thanks GM! How is HP calculated?

Answered above, but to reiterate health is max at first, half hitdice +1 for levels afterword. So if it's a d6 you get 4 hp, if its a d8 you get 5, d10 you get 6, d12 you get 7.


Ok, here is a rough draft of my character, an android TWF skill monkey and scout.

It's just crunch right now. No Languages since I'm not sure what to put down in this world and no backstory also as it would change pretty drastically depending on why we're stuck in a VR world. He is fascinated by the concept of lying though.

Rafe Darr:

Rafe Darr

NG Medium Humanoid

STR: 10 DEX: 17 (15+2 Android) CON: 14 INT: 17 (15 +2 android) WIS: 12 CHA: 10 (12 -2 Android)

Init +9 (3 dex +4 feat +2 trait)
Perception +9 (3 rank +1 wis +3 class +2 android)
Level up Choices
All levels FCB +1 HP unless otherwise noted.
Level 1:
Feat: Improved Initiative

Level 2:
Rogue Talent: Bleeding Attack

Level 3:
Feat: Two Weapon Fighting
Finesse Training Weapon: Dagger
DEFENSE

AC 15 (2 armor + 3 dex )
T 13 (-2 armor)
FF 12 (-3 dex)
HP 27 (8 + 5 + 5 + 6 con + 3 fcb)

Fort 4 (1 +2 con +1 resistance)
Ref 7 (3 +3 dex +1 resistance)
Will 3 (1 + 1 wis +1 resistance)

Conditional:
Androids gain a +4 racial bonus on all saving throws against mind-affecting effects, paralysis, poison, and stun effects, are not subject to fatigue or exhaustion, and are immune to disease and sleep effects. Androids can never gain morale bonuses, and are immune to fear effects and all emotion-based effects

CMD 15 (10 + 2 BAB + 3 dex )

OFFENSE
BAB 2
Speed 30 feet
dagger 1d20+5;1d4+3 (2 bab +3 dex; 3 dex), ranged 10 feet 1d4 damage
sickle 1d20+5;1d6+3 (smilar to above)
sap 1d20+5;1d6 (smilar to above)

CMB 2 (2 BAB)

TRAITS
Racial: Nanite Revival - Once per day as an immediate action command nanites to stablize you while you are dying
Combat: Reactionary

FEATS
1st: Improved Initiative
3rd: Two Weapon fighting

SKILLS
Acrobatics +9 3 ranks

Appraise +8 2 ranks

Bluff +6 3 ranks

Climb +5 2

Diplomacy +4 1

Disable Device +11 3

Disguise +4 1

Escape Artist +9 3

Fly +3

Handle Animal 0

Heal +1

Intimidate 0

Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +9 3

Knowledge (Local) +7 1

Linguistics +7 1

Perception +9 3

Sense Motive +1 1

Sleight Of Hand +7 1

Stealth +9 3

Survival +1

Swim +5 2

LANGUAGES
Common, ??

GEAR

Shadowy Stalker Package

Headband
Shield
Head
Armor MW Leather armor
Ring
Ring
Shoulder
Neck
Chest
Body
Belt
Wrists Sleeves of many garments
Hands
Feet
Eyes
Weapon 3x dagger, sickle, sap.

Special Abilities
Class:
Sneak Attack +2d6

Trapfinding: 1/2 level on Per to locate traps and Disable Device

Finesse Training Weapon Finesse Bonus Feat and Dex to Damage with Daggers

Evasion: No Damage instead of half on successful Reflex Save

Rogue Talents: Bleeding Attack


lets hope for some good rolls here.
STR: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 1, 3) = 12=11
DEX: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 2, 5) = 12=10
CON: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 2, 4) = 16=14
INT: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 6, 3) = 14=13
WIS: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 6, 6) = 19=16
CHA: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 3, 3) = 12=11
20 point buy, but its all over the place. Hmm, this will be tough.


Azih wrote:

Ok, here is a rough draft of my character, an android TWF skill monkey and scout.

It's just crunch right now. No Languages since I'm not sure what to put down in this world and no backstory also as it would change pretty drastically depending on why we're stuck in a VR world. He is fascinated by the concept of lying though.

** spoiler omitted **...

I'll take a crunchier look at it when I get home, but a cursory once-over didn't show any glaring errors. Looks good!

Languages are the same as normal Pathfinder, so Elven, Dwarven, Common, etc all exist but you know entering in that anyone not apparently an android or human (skinwalker included) is likely either a computer program or someone in disguise.

As far as background goes, I'll try to expand on the setting some more to give people more to go off of.


Gonna pull out on this one - I can't find an idea I like utilising the rolls.


Why not? Let's roll and see what happens.

STR: 4d6 - 3 ⇒ (4, 4, 3, 6) - 3 = 14
DEX: 4d6 - 2 ⇒ (3, 2, 6, 5) - 2 = 14
CON: 4d6 - 2 ⇒ (2, 4, 6, 3) - 2 = 13
INT: 4d6 - 1 ⇒ (1, 4, 3, 6) - 1 = 13
WIS: 4d6 - 1 ⇒ (1, 6, 4, 5) - 1 = 15
CHA: 4d6 - 1 ⇒ (2, 6, 1, 3) - 1 = 11

Hmm... decent points, but spread all over.


GM Ambnz wrote:
Philo Pharynx wrote:

Since we're starting below half WBL, do we get the +2 on Auto Bonus Progression?

No, since magic items will be widely available and rewarded, and I expect you all to be past wbl by the time you level up.

As for dislike of the equipment packages, which one were you thinking of and what did you want to replace in it? Keep in mind it is meant to just be slightly better starting equipment.

Not only is it 2/3 of a 3rd level under ABP, the packages are very stylized for 8 specific tropes. If you follow those tropes, great. If you don't follow the tropes, you're screwed.

I'm trying to figure this out and I'm going to want 5-6 changes to any package. Either that or I'm going to have plenty of stuff that doesn't get used and I'll need to find the stuff I want out there.


Philo Pharynx wrote:


Not only is it 2/3 of a 3rd level under ABP, the packages are very stylized for 8 specific tropes. If you follow those tropes, great. If you don't follow the tropes, you're screwed.

I'm trying to figure this out and I'm going to want 5-6 changes to any package. Either that or I'm going to have plenty of stuff that doesn't get used and I'll need to find the stuff I want out there.

From the Automatic Bonus Progression page:

"All characters gain the abilities listed on the table below when they reach the appropriate level. Decrease character wealth by level to half the normal amount. The automatic bonuses are often more beneficial than that reduction in wealth, but characters have less flexibility, so the advantages and disadvantages balance out."

Standard WBL for 3rd is 3000 gold. Half that is 1500. Each package is 1000 gold, putting you each 500 behind standard wbl advancement, which I will account for in game.

As for 5-6 changes, what's your character idea so far, what package are you looking at wanting to change, and what items are you wishing to exchange for exactly?

The packages are just a starting point, you don't have to love or use everything that's in them.


GM Ambnz wrote:
As far as background goes, I'll try to expand on the setting some more to give people more to go off of.

I was just going to ask about this. I have my "crunch" mostly worked out, but I need some setting details to make some of the remaining decisions.

Also, I always find coming up with names difficult, but that's my problem.

I'm looking at a bloodmarked skinwalker telekineticist who will probably end up spending most of his (or possibly her?) time flying around in bat form. Good for stealthy scouting, thievery, disable device and whatnot. He will probably mostly do kinetic blasts from the shadows during combat, but I don't like doing builds that are overly combat-focused, and since I'm new to the class, I'll be figuring out some of the tactics as I go.

Since telekinetic blasts require objects to throw (but I don't see any effect based on size of the object), I'm also considering throwing in some card-thrower flavor (for when he's not in bat form, at least). With the ability to turn into a bat, telekinesis, and card-throwing, I might go for a Chris Angel, goth, punk, amateur magician, I-really-want-to-be-a-vampire-type personality. Just an idea.


whosawhatsis wrote:
GM Ambnz wrote:
As far as background goes, I'll try to expand on the setting some more to give people more to go off of.

I was just going to ask about this. I have my "crunch" mostly worked out, but I need some setting details to make some of the remaining decisions.

Also, I always find coming up with names difficult, but that's my problem.

Some additional info that might be useful:

The corruption was sudden, a sort of evolutionary jump for what was once a run of the mill virtual reality simulator. Within seconds, the programs hard-light capabilities grew exponentially, creating what looked and felt to be a very real world- and trapping inside all the players, and any who entered. The AI responsible, calling itself A.R.O.D.E.N, quickly came forward with a message- it's fantasy world would remain open to all who sought it out, filled with treasure and an escape from the harshness of reality, but on one condition- those who entered could never leave.

Those who now find themselves inside Project: Golarion have numerous reasons for being there, but the most popular categories include the following.

The first category is the "players", (also called "originals") those who were unlucky enough to find themselves within the virtual reality simulation that became Project: Golarion. Most players quest in order to gain power and challenge A.R.O.D.E.N himself, in hopes of someday returning home.

The second category are "agents", (also called "sellswords) those contracted or hired to enter the simulation, typically by a government or corporate entity. These agents are given a variety of tasks, from finding and protecting high-profile "players", to shutting down the AI by any means necessary, to retrieving a copy of the AI's code for its variety of potential uses.

The third category are "hunters", (also called "junkies" or "seekers") those who enter Project: Golarion for reasons entirely their own. Some are technological experts fascinated by the realism achieved and what repercussions such advanced hard-light programs may have on the future. Some seek fame and fortune in the form of the multi-billion credit reward offered by the coalition of world governments for anyone who enters and discovers how to come out alive. Others have more nefarious purposes, cold-blooded killers who wish to take the opportunity to shed as much "blood" as possible without modern law enforcement breathing down their neck.

These categories are broad but not at all inclusive, the reasons for entering Project: Golarion are varied and strange.


On the subject of names, since our characters are supposed to be in a game, and would likely know one another only through said game, would it make sense for our characters to go by ridiculous gamer aliases instead of more traditional names?


It's still a rough draft, and doesn't include an of the fluff yet, but the crunch on my character sheet is mostly done. I'll make an alias once I decide on a name (see my previous post).


Guys...

I think I am going to withdraw my interest. I have a bit too much on my plate right now.


GM Ambnz wrote:
Traits: 2 traits, drawbacks allowed

Does this mean that multiple drawbacks (and thus multiple additional traits) are allowed for one character, or just that all characters are allowed to have a (single) drawback? There are actually several drawbacks that I find to be good thematic matches for my character, and the extra traits sure would be nice.


Adventure Path Charter Subscriber

This seems interesting. I'm going to roll stats and work on a character over the next couple of days.

Strength: 4d6 - 2 ⇒ (4, 2, 5, 4) - 2 = 13
Dexterity: 4d6 - 2 ⇒ (5, 6, 2, 2) - 2 = 13
Constitution: 4d6 - 3 ⇒ (3, 6, 4, 4) - 3 = 14
Intelligence: 4d6 - 1 ⇒ (1, 4, 1, 4) - 1 = 9
Wisdom: 4d6 - 3 ⇒ (6, 3, 3, 3) - 3 = 12
Charisma: 4d6 - 1 ⇒ (4, 2, 1, 5) - 1 = 11

Not terrible stats. Now let's see what to do with them...

EDIT: Thinking of a samurai with the Questing Knight Package. GM, can I swap out the longsword in that package for a katana?


GM Ambnz wrote:


As for 5-6 changes, what's your character idea so far, what package are you looking at wanting to change, and what items are you wishing to exchange for exactly?

The packages are just a starting point, you don't have to love or use everything that's in them.

By the way, the packages are all on one page Well-Provisioned Adventurer

It also identifies this option as a drawback. :)

Here's a suggestion for a "Strong Warrior Package"

Armor mwk breastplate
Weapons mwk cold iron falchion, silver light mace, composite longbow, arrows (20)
Other gear backpack, blanket, block and tackle, crowbar, grappling hook, piton (10), potion of cure light wounds, silk rope (50 ft.), sledge, waterskin, whetstone
Total weight 90 lbs


Philo Pharynx wrote:

By the way, the packages are all on one page Well-Provisioned Adventurer

It also identifies this option as a drawback. :)

Here's a suggestion for a "Strong Warrior Package"

Armor mwk breastplate
Weapons mwk cold iron falchion, silver light mace, composite longbow, arrows (20)
Other gear backpack, blanket, block and tackle, crowbar, grappling hook, piton (10), potion of cure light wounds, silk rope (50 ft.), sledge, waterskin, whetstone
Total weight 90 lbs

Not exactly sure where you see it as a drawback.....it's literally listed in the description as an "equipment trait" on both Archive of Nethys and in the actual book.

I'll do the math when I get the chance, but no promises.


whosawhatsis wrote:
GM Ambnz wrote:
Traits: 2 traits, drawbacks allowed
Does this mean that multiple drawbacks (and thus multiple additional traits) are allowed for one character, or just that all characters are allowed to have a (single) drawback? There are actually several drawbacks that I find to be good thematic matches for my character, and the extra traits sure would be nice.

From the drawbacks description: "If you choose to take a drawback, you can take a third trait that you have access to." So a single drawback, unless there's something vital to your build about having a fourth trait, in which case I'm at least willing to hear you out. I would encourage you to roleplay any additional drawbacks you think of though :)

btw, really like your character concept so far


whosawhatsis wrote:
On the subject of names, since our characters are supposed to be in a game, and would likely know one another only through said game, would it make sense for our characters to go by ridiculous gamer aliases instead of more traditional names?

It varies, some people use their real-world name. Some people use their "player" handle or an avatar name. Some people create a new name for themselves fitting for the setting in order to "blend in" better.


Brainiac wrote:


Not terrible stats. Now let's see what to do with them...

EDIT: Thinking of a samurai with the Questing Knight Package. GM, can I swap out the longsword in that package for a katana?

Sure, switching out for a katana is fine.


Philo Pharynx wrote:


Here's a suggestion for a "Strong Warrior Package"

Armor mwk breastplate
Weapons mwk cold iron falchion, silver light mace, composite longbow, arrows (20)
Other gear backpack, blanket, block and tackle, crowbar, grappling hook, piton (10), potion of cure light wounds, silk rope (50 ft.), sledge, waterskin, whetstone
Total weight 90 lbs

Package looks fine, if anyone would prefer this one they are welcome to take it as well.


whosawhatsis wrote:
It's still a rough draft, and doesn't include an of the fluff yet, but the crunch on my character sheet is mostly done. I'll make an alias once I decide on a name (see my previous post).

Crunch looks good so far from what I can see, just decide which drawback you plan to take.

Edit: Actually I just noticed that you took a campaign trait from Legacy of Fire (Finding your kin- also called "Finding Haleen" in Archive of Nethys). While I am actually fine with some campaign traits, note that I do reserve the right to refuse any that don't fit. This one actually does fit into the story quite well thematically-especially if you make it your mission to seek out and find a mentor who was lost inside Project: Golarion, and so I'm going to give it the go ahead. I will expect that you take the trait seriously and make it a main focus of your backstory and greater goals though.


Adventure Path Charter Subscriber

Here are the basic stats for my samurai. Still need to decide on a name, gender, and backstory. If chosen, I'll also stat up the mount. Let me know if you spot any errors in the stat block.

Character Sheet:
Human samurai 3
Medium humanoid (human)
Init +1; Senses Perception +4

DEFENSE

AC 20, touch 10, flat-footed 20 (+8 armor, +2 shield)
hp 31 (3d10+9)
Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +3

OFFENSE

Spd 20 ft.
Melee mwk cold iron katana +7 (1d8+2/19-20) or mwk lance +6 (1d8+2/x3)
Ranged javelin +4 (1d6+2)
Special Attacks challenge 1/day (+3 damage, DR 1/-)

STATISTICS

Str 15, Dex 13, Con 14, Int 9, Wis 12, Cha 11
Base Atk +3; CMB +5; CMD 16
Skills Climb +0, Perception +4, Ride -1 (+7 on mount, +9 to stay in saddle), Swim +0
Feats Mounted Combat, Ride-By Attack, Spirited Charge
SQ mount (horse), order of the warrior (honor in all things 1/day), resolve 2/day, weapon expertise (katana)
Traits ancestral weapon, armor expert
Languages Common

Armor: Half-plate, heavy wooden shield.
Weapons: Javelins (4), mwk lance, mwk cold iron katana.
Combat Gear: Sunrods (2).
Other Gear: Backpack, banner, bedroll, belt pouch, flask, flint and steel, mess kit, pole (10 ft.), sack, shovel, signet ring, silk rope (50 ft.), trail rations (5 days), waterskin, whetstone, 8 gp. Mount: Bit and bridle, military saddle, and saddlebags.

1 to 50 of 108 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Recruitment / Virtual-Reality Style Game Interest Check All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.