PFS 1 Adventures

Game Master R D

Current Map

Initiative:
[dice=Berosius Init]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Glen Init]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Harrow Init]1d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Kelson Init]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Mareq+Husarq Init]1d20+2[/dice]


1,851 to 1,900 of 1,910 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Oracle of Life (Spirit Guide) 10 - HP 77/77, AC 21/T: 14/FF:18 - Perception +2 - F: +7*/ R: +8* / W: +10* - CMB: +5 - CMD: 18, Speed: 30, Init. +3

Do we have time to rest and restore spells?

Silver Crusade

Yes. When you head to the garrison, it's a new day. You're full up on health and daily abilities/spells.
__________

The Plan:

"Thank you for helping us. You will engage the clockwork leaders in combat and keep their attention for as long as possible while our soldiers prepare to collapse the wooden elevator and nearby bridges. With the cavern already in a state of near collapse, this should cause a significant wave of damage that could destroy the invading constructs and stall their advance long enough for the crushing return of Round Mountain to put an end to any constructs who survive the trap."

"We will set the fungus fields alight, which should fill the cavern with a thick black smoke. We hope that the smoke hides the trap from the clockwork army."

Dark Archive

Half-orc Inquisitor 6 / Cavalier 2 / Rogue 1 | HP 69/69 | AC 23; Tch 12; FF 22 | F +11; R +6; W +9 | CMB+12; CMD 23 | Speed 20 ft | Init +4 | +1 Cruel Keen Nodachi (adamantine): +14 (1d10+10/15-20) | Perc +16

Harrow still isn't sure why they are going to kill the clocks, but if Berosius wants to, so does he.

"Tell Harrow where to stand--Harrow fight."

Liberty's Edge

NG Half-Elf Male Inquisitor-10 | HP 83/83 | AC 30 / 20 T / 26 FF | CMD 31 | Perception +17, Low-Light Vision; Sense Motive +13 | Bane 11/14 | 2nd Judgment 2/4; Surge 0/1 | Teamwork Feat change 4/4 | Fort +15, Reflex +11, Will +16; +1 untyped bonus vs poison and disease, +2 vs. enchantments; Immune sleep | Init +6 | Discern Lies 10/10 | Speed 40 ft.; Agile Feet 7/7 | Dimension Hop 20 5-ft inc/day 20/20 |Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Heroism, Defending Bone

"Cool. Good, simple plan." Glen nods along.

He pauses. "Are we going to be able to see in all that fungus-smoke?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Bard 9 HP 58 | AC 21; Touch 13; FF 19 | F +8; R +9; W +8 | CMB+7; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | Perc +12 | Stealth: +6 Bard 9

"Perhaps we'll need help breathing?"

can we do Know Arcana to know about the clockwork army?

Silver Crusade

"The smoke will be high enough that it should not affect you in relatively close combat (as far as you can see on the map). It's really meant to obscure the armies from each other so that they cannot see that we're retreating, and they cannot adjust their troops accordingly."
__________

The clockworks you'll face are likely similar to those you encountered in the mushroom farmlands.
__________

Map has been updated. The scenario wants you to start in one of two places (indicated on map). However, as PC placement is a tactical decision, I'm fine with you all putting yourselves wherever you like.

The red arrows indicate the direction of the enemy. They want to breach the bottom-right quadrant of the map and might be coming at you from two directions.

You don't have time to erect any walls or the like.

I recommend zooming out to see the whole map. Then come up with a simple strategy for the group.

Liberty's Edge

NG Half-Elf Male Inquisitor-10 | HP 83/83 | AC 30 / 20 T / 26 FF | CMD 31 | Perception +17, Low-Light Vision; Sense Motive +13 | Bane 11/14 | 2nd Judgment 2/4; Surge 0/1 | Teamwork Feat change 4/4 | Fort +15, Reflex +11, Will +16; +1 untyped bonus vs poison and disease, +2 vs. enchantments; Immune sleep | Init +6 | Discern Lies 10/10 | Speed 40 ft.; Agile Feet 7/7 | Dimension Hop 20 5-ft inc/day 20/20 |Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Heroism, Defending Bone

Glen surveys the terrain with a critical eye. "If the ratfolk commander is right, I don't think it makes much tactical sense to position ourselves 20ft below the clockwork armies' likely axes of advance."

He points to the junction of the two stone bridges. "That's our NoPen Line, there. We can't let the enemy penetrate past that point."

"Let's set up over there," the inquisitor suggests. "What do you think?"

Once the team settles on and occupies their defensive positions, Glen casts defending bone, heightened awareness and heroism.

Dark Archive

Half-orc Inquisitor 6 / Cavalier 2 / Rogue 1 | HP 69/69 | AC 23; Tch 12; FF 22 | F +11; R +6; W +9 | CMB+12; CMD 23 | Speed 20 ft | Init +4 | +1 Cruel Keen Nodachi (adamantine): +14 (1d10+10/15-20) | Perc +16

Before the battle begins, Harrow casts some spells to help him be more effective. brow gasher, invisibility, resist energy (fire), see invisibility, expeditious retreat, shield of faith

"Harrow think plan sound good. Harrow like it."

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Oracle of Life (Spirit Guide) 10 - HP 77/77, AC 21/T: 14/FF:18 - Perception +2 - F: +7*/ R: +8* / W: +10* - CMB: +5 - CMD: 18, Speed: 30, Init. +3

"I'm game!" says Berosius.

Silver Crusade

Feel free to pre-buff. You know they're coming. Awaiting confirmation from Mareq. Then, we'll start the final battle. :)

Liberty's Edge

NG Half-Elf Male Inquisitor-10 | HP 83/83 | AC 30 / 20 T / 26 FF | CMD 31 | Perception +17, Low-Light Vision; Sense Motive +13 | Bane 11/14 | 2nd Judgment 2/4; Surge 0/1 | Teamwork Feat change 4/4 | Fort +15, Reflex +11, Will +16; +1 untyped bonus vs poison and disease, +2 vs. enchantments; Immune sleep | Init +6 | Discern Lies 10/10 | Speed 40 ft.; Agile Feet 7/7 | Dimension Hop 20 5-ft inc/day 20/20 |Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Heroism, Defending Bone

Glen casts resist energy (fire), shield of faith, and coordinated effort, granting each of his allies the outflank teamwork feat.
Outflank: Whenever you and an ally who also has this feat are flanking the same creature, your flanking bonus on attack rolls increases to +4. In addition, whenever you score a critical hit against the flanked creature, it provokes an attack of opportunity from your ally.

Silver Crusade

Harrow, Kelson: Any pre-combat prep?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Bard 9 HP 58 | AC 21; Touch 13; FF 19 | F +8; R +9; W +8 | CMB+7; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | Perc +12 | Stealth: +6 Bard 9

Kelson casts haste and good hope

Liberty's Edge

Male Ifrit Summoner 10 (HP63/63; AC 20 / T 12 / FF 18; DR5 (fire); F +4, R +5, W +7; Init +2, Perception +0, Diplomacy +18, Kn(a, pl) +13, Darkvision 60')

Mareq summons forth one of the lion guardians of the efreeti sultan's palace, imbuing it with extra strength (BS) and magic protection (Mage Armor). He watches, as the lion's fur, fiery and red, ripples with heat. He thinks, It is vulnerable to cold. In the dark place, perhaps it is best if I ward it. (Casts Pro Energy (cold) )

While the dire lion paces back and forth, awaiting battle, Mareq prepares to cast more protection upon himself (Shield, when ready), as well as Greater Invisibility.


Hakim-Sharif (Janni) (HP 7/76; AC 20 / T 16 / FF 17; DR 3/-; F +13, R +11, W +5; Perception +11, low light vision, Darkvision 60')

The dire lion, so out of place in this underground blackness, paces uncomfortably, wishing it was back in the warmth of the Plane of Fire, eating salamander bits in the kennels of the sultan's palace.

Mareq will summon early enough so that the allied lion gains the benefits of Coordinated Effort, Good Hope and Haste.

Silver Crusade

Berosius Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Glen Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Harrow Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Kelson Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Mareq+Ally Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Clockwork Soldier Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Clockwork Soldier Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Clockwork Mage Init: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Clockwork Mage Init: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Well, shucks!
__________

Like so much of the adventure, this encounter is abstracted. There are many other combatants all around you--from both sides of the conflict. You only have to worry about your enemies. You do not have to worry about collateral damage or blocked charge lanes or the like.
__________

Please adjust your desired position(s) on the map. Then the clockwork mages will go.

Dark Archive

Half-orc Inquisitor 6 / Cavalier 2 / Rogue 1 | HP 69/69 | AC 23; Tch 12; FF 22 | F +11; R +6; W +9 | CMB+12; CMD 23 | Speed 20 ft | Init +4 | +1 Cruel Keen Nodachi (adamantine): +14 (1d10+10/15-20) | Perc +16

In my last post, I'd said I cast brow gasher, invisibility, resist energy (fire), see invisibility, expeditious retreat, shield of faith prior to the battle. I'm on the map.

Silver Crusade

Berosius and Kelson, feel free to place yourselves anywhere you'd like on the bridge.
__________

Battle on the Bridge
Round 1
__________

The two clockwork mages target the flat-footed summoned lion. 5 missiles of force (each shaped like spinning cogs) shoot out from each of them.

Magic Missile v Dire Lion: 10d4 + 10 ⇒ (4, 4, 2, 3, 2, 2, 2, 4, 2, 2) + 10 = 37
__________

One of the clockwork soldiers crouches slightly--as though getting ready to react to an aggressive action. (The S1 figure on the left side of the map.)
__________

Glen you're up.

Liberty's Edge

NG Half-Elf Male Inquisitor-10 | HP 83/83 | AC 30 / 20 T / 26 FF | CMD 31 | Perception +17, Low-Light Vision; Sense Motive +13 | Bane 11/14 | 2nd Judgment 2/4; Surge 0/1 | Teamwork Feat change 4/4 | Fort +15, Reflex +11, Will +16; +1 untyped bonus vs poison and disease, +2 vs. enchantments; Immune sleep | Init +6 | Discern Lies 10/10 | Speed 40 ft.; Agile Feet 7/7 | Dimension Hop 20 5-ft inc/day 20/20 |Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Heroism, Defending Bone

"There are two teams of two advancing toward us along each avenue of approach. Looks like Harrow, Mareq, and the lion have the team on the left covered. Berosius and Kelson, shall we deal with our foes on the right?"

Now that he can see the enemy approaching, Glen tries to recall what he can about them and share the information with his companions.
Knowledge (arcana), Monster Lore vs Mages: 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 4 = 31
Knowledge (arcana), Monster Lore vs Soldiers: 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 4 = 21
(The GM can provide any useful information to Glen and the team.)

"Ye have been judged, clockwork creatures!" the inquisitor renders Cayden Cailean's verdict.
Judgment Surge, Justice +3 & Destruction +5)

Determined to delay the enemy as long as necessary to enable the ratfolk to evacuate, he advances toward them.
+1 keen adamantine elven curve blade, haste, good hope, blessing of fervor, judgment of justice, power attack; Damage, power attack, good hope, judgment of destruction: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 3 - 2 = 331d10 + 7 + 6 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 6 + 2 + 5 = 26
Crit!? Additional Damage, if confirmed: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 3 - 2 = 261d10 + 7 + 6 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 6 + 2 + 5 = 22

Silver Crusade

Glen strikes a particularly powerful blow against the enemy. Because his weapon is adamantine, all of the damage goes through. You've seen the mages before, you know they have powerful fire magic. But Glen and Mareq are well prepared for that. The soldiers look like more powerful, bipedal versions of the clockwork hounds. They are all vulnerable to electricity.
__________

The clockwork soldier strikes back at Glen, but cannot seem to get past the Pathfinder's defenses.

attack: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23, Miss
attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25, Miss
__________

The rest of the group is up!


Hakim-Sharif (Janni) (HP 7/76; AC 20 / T 16 / FF 17; DR 3/-; F +13, R +11, W +5; Perception +11, low light vision, Darkvision 60')

The fire lion charges at the clockwork mage and grabs and rakes it! In doing so, it charges directly past the soldier, ignoring it, intent on savaging the clockwork thing that hurt it! (AoO AC18)

bite: 1d20 + 16 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 16 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 27 bite dmg: 1d8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 2 = 18 fire: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5
Haste bite: 1d20 + 16 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 16 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 25 bite dmg: 1d8 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 2 = 14
fire: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5
claw1: 1d20 + 17 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 17 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 30 claw1 dmg: 1d4 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 2 = 15 fire dmg: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4
claw2: 1d20 + 17 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 17 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 28 claw1 dmg: 1d4 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 2 = 12 fire dmg: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 5) = 8
rake1: 1d20 + 17 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 17 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 33 claw1 dmg: 1d4 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 2 = 12 fire dmg: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3
rake2: 1d20 + 17 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 17 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 38 claw1 dmg: 1d4 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 2 = 14 fire dmg: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9

Grab: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (17) + 26 = 43

Silver Crusade

GM Engleaktig wrote:
One of the clockwork soldiers crouches slightly--as though getting ready to react to an aggressive action. (The S1 figure on the left side of the map.)

As the summon creature approaches, the clockwork soldier lashes out:

attack: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27, damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
___________

Undeterred, the summons tears into the mage fiercely! You can't be sure, but you think you hear the clockwork being exclaim: "Dangit!"
___________

Berosius, Harrow, and Kelson are up!

Liberty's Edge

Male Ifrit Summoner 10 (HP63/63; AC 20 / T 12 / FF 18; DR5 (fire); F +4, R +5, W +7; Init +2, Perception +0, Diplomacy +18, Kn(a, pl) +13, Darkvision 60')

Mareq concentrates on the clockwork soldier and the mage, wrapping it in strands of magical aether, restricting both of their movement.

And then he moves, keeping his location disguised.

Casts Slow. Will DC17.

Silver Crusade

Battle on the Bridge
Round 1, continued
__________

The invisible Mareq tosses some extraplanar, eldritch goo at the enemy. The clockwork soldier is caught up in the stuff, but the mage dodges it entirely.

Soldier Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4, fail
Mage Will Save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29, success

The clockwork mage, recognizing the effect, scans the battlefield. However, it cannot pinpoint the source of the attack.
___________

Berosius, Harrow, and Kelson are up!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Bard 9 HP 58 | AC 21; Touch 13; FF 19 | F +8; R +9; W +8 | CMB+7; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | Perc +12 | Stealth: +6 Bard 9

Kelson casts grease underneath the feet of the nearest bad guy.

"Harrow can you smash some of them!" he shouts.

DC 15 Reflex

Liberty's Edge

NG Half-Elf Male Inquisitor-10 | HP 83/83 | AC 30 / 20 T / 26 FF | CMD 31 | Perception +17, Low-Light Vision; Sense Motive +13 | Bane 11/14 | 2nd Judgment 2/4; Surge 0/1 | Teamwork Feat change 4/4 | Fort +15, Reflex +11, Will +16; +1 untyped bonus vs poison and disease, +2 vs. enchantments; Immune sleep | Init +6 | Discern Lies 10/10 | Speed 40 ft.; Agile Feet 7/7 | Dimension Hop 20 5-ft inc/day 20/20 |Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Heroism, Defending Bone

Glen looks around, wondering where Kelson and Berosius are and which of the enemy they are targeting.

(Neither yet on the battle map. Glen delays until that's clear.)

Liberty's Edge

Male Ifrit Summoner 10 (HP63/63; AC 20 / T 12 / FF 18; DR5 (fire); F +4, R +5, W +7; Init +2, Perception +0, Diplomacy +18, Kn(a, pl) +13, Darkvision 60')
Kelson Bard character wrote:

Kelson casts grease underneath the feet of the nearest bad guy.

"Harrow can you smash some of them!" he shouts.

DC 15 Reflex

Awesome. Slow penalizes the soldier's Reflex saves, so good synergistic attacks!

Dark Archive

Half-orc Inquisitor 6 / Cavalier 2 / Rogue 1 | HP 69/69 | AC 23; Tch 12; FF 22 | F +11; R +6; W +9 | CMB+12; CMD 23 | Speed 20 ft | Init +4 | +1 Cruel Keen Nodachi (adamantine): +14 (1d10+10/15-20) | Perc +16

Still remaining invisible, Harrow decides to bane his weapon against the clockwork creatures, then advances forward.

"Harrow smash after he get weapon strong," he says too loudly.

I'll study the target and bane my weapon.

Silver Crusade

I've taken the liberty of placing a marker for the grease on the map. I've also taken the liberty of placing Kelson and Berosius on the bridge.
__________

Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24, Success
__________

Berosius is up!

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Oracle of Life (Spirit Guide) 10 - HP 77/77, AC 21/T: 14/FF:18 - Perception +2 - F: +7*/ R: +8* / W: +10* - CMB: +5 - CMD: 18, Speed: 30, Init. +3

Why not follow up a good slow with a good haste?

Berosius invokes his Lore spirit who whispers to him the secrets of celerity.

Cast HASTE on our whole side.

Liberty's Edge

Male Ifrit Summoner 10 (HP63/63; AC 20 / T 12 / FF 18; DR5 (fire); F +4, R +5, W +7; Init +2, Perception +0, Diplomacy +18, Kn(a, pl) +13, Darkvision 60')
Berosius wrote:

Why not follow up a good slow with a good haste?

Berosius invokes his Lore spirit who whispers to him the secrets of celerity.

Cast HASTE on our whole side.

We’re already hasted. Kelson cast it before combat began.

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Oracle of Life (Spirit Guide) 10 - HP 77/77, AC 21/T: 14/FF:18 - Perception +2 - F: +7*/ R: +8* / W: +10* - CMB: +5 - CMD: 18, Speed: 30, Init. +3

D'oh! Short attention span for the win!

After considering and rejecting the notion of haste, Berosius casts greater aggressive thundercloud and summons a cloud of crackling electricity that enfolds and shocks one of the clockworks.

Turning over a new and more aggressive leaf when fighting non-living foes.

Electrical Damage: 6d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 5, 6, 2, 1) = 18

In addition to the damage, the clockwork is permitted a DC 19 Fortitude save or be Stunned for 1 round.

Silver Crusade

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17, fail!

Berosius tosses the furious thinder and lightning of his spirits, and they strike the clockwork soldier hard. The lightning attack seems particularly effective, and the construct begins smoking from its joints and its chassis starts to to make a knocking sounds as though several gears have been shaken loose.

Silver Crusade

Battle on the Bridge
Round 2
__________

Clockwork Mage Init: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Clockwork Mage Init: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Clockwork Soldier Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Glen Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Clockwork Soldier Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Kelson Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Berosius Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Mareq+Ally Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Harrow Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
__________

The unimpeded mage sends another volley of force into the summoned ally
Magic Missile: 5d4 + 5 ⇒ (2, 2, 2, 2, 1) + 5 = 14
__________

The grappled mage brings all four of its arms to bear upon the summoned creature grappling it.
Slam: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (17) + 18 = 35, Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Slam: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33, Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Slam: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19, Miss!
Slam: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (7) + 18 = 25, Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

After the last strike, the summoned creature can take no more and is sent back to the plane of fire.
__________

The clockwork soldier attempts to move through the grease and fails!
1d20 ⇒ 3
__________

Glen is up!


Hakim-Sharif (Janni) (HP 7/76; AC 20 / T 16 / FF 17; DR 3/-; F +13, R +11, W +5; Perception +11, low light vision, Darkvision 60')

The fire lion has DR3. So, I believe he took 14 dmg (force) and only 6 dmg (bludgeoning) from the three arms. That leaves him at 7hp and still grappling.

Liberty's Edge

NG Half-Elf Male Inquisitor-10 | HP 83/83 | AC 30 / 20 T / 26 FF | CMD 31 | Perception +17, Low-Light Vision; Sense Motive +13 | Bane 11/14 | 2nd Judgment 2/4; Surge 0/1 | Teamwork Feat change 4/4 | Fort +15, Reflex +11, Will +16; +1 untyped bonus vs poison and disease, +2 vs. enchantments; Immune sleep | Init +6 | Discern Lies 10/10 | Speed 40 ft.; Agile Feet 7/7 | Dimension Hop 20 5-ft inc/day 20/20 |Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Heroism, Defending Bone

"Well done, Berosius!" Glen compliments the oracle on his spell.

Glen rubs a gauntleted hand over his sword, imbuing it with the bane property. The inquisitor slashes thrice at the construct, two wild swings followed finally by a more accurate thrust.
+1 keen adamantine elven curve blade, haste, good hope, blessing of fervor, judgment of justice, power attack, bane; Damage, power attack, good hope, judgment of destruction, bane: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 3 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 3 - 2 + 2 = 201d10 + 7 + 6 + 2 + 5 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 6 + 2 + 5 + 2 + (5, 1) = 33
Iterative Attack; Damage: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 171d10 + 22 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 22 + (1, 2) = 30
Additional Attack from Haste; Damage: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (9) + 19 = 281d10 + 22 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 22 + (3, 5) = 33

Silver Crusade

Thanks for the details, Mareq. :) I totally overlooked DR. My bad.
__________

(Taking a liberty and 5-foot-stepping Glen.) The inquisitor cleanly finishes off the clockwork mage.

(This next part is just for fun and for dramatic effect. There's no in-game effect. I just like the idea. Please don't read too much into it--other than the fact that your party is winning the fight.)

Seeing Berosius' lightning assault, several small flying constructs arc and swoop. They're obviously preparing to strafe the party with some kind of aerial maneuver. A fraction of a second before they strike, Glen's target is fellled. Thing is, the construct falls right in the middle of a magical thundercloud. The lightning continues to assail its form mercilessly. It explodes and the clockworks inside it shoot out in a dozen different directions--taking out the clockwork attack wing. Each flying construct explodes, in turn, bathing the whole area in fire (but not getting through Glen's fire resistance). From somewhere in time and space, director Michael Bay smiles.
__________

Kelson, Berosius, Mareq, and Harrow are up!


Hakim-Sharif (Janni) (HP 7/76; AC 20 / T 16 / FF 17; DR 3/-; F +13, R +11, W +5; Perception +11, low light vision, Darkvision 60')

The drastically weakened fire lion continues biting and raking the clockwork mage.

Grapple check: 1d20 + 26 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 26 + 5 = 37 bite dmg: 1d8 + 2d6 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (5) + (4, 6) + 9 + 2 = 26
rake1 dmg: 1d4 + 2d6 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (3) + (6, 4) + 9 + 2 = 24
rake2 dmg: 1d4 + 2d6 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (4) + (6, 1) + 9 + 2 = 22

Haste grapple check2: 1d20 + 26 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 26 + 5 = 32 bite dmg: 1d8 + 2d6 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (8) + (2, 4) + 9 + 2 = 25 I THINK THIS MISSES?

Liberty's Edge

Male Ifrit Summoner 10 (HP63/63; AC 20 / T 12 / FF 18; DR5 (fire); F +4, R +5, W +7; Init +2, Perception +0, Diplomacy +18, Kn(a, pl) +13, Darkvision 60')

The invisible Mareq moves away from the group, fearing an area of effect attack.

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfling Oracle of Life (Spirit Guide) 10 - HP 77/77, AC 21/T: 14/FF:18 - Perception +2 - F: +7*/ R: +8* / W: +10* - CMB: +5 - CMD: 18, Speed: 30, Init. +3

Berosius shifts the lightning cloud to the functional clockwork as a move action, then summons the revolutionary power of Milani to force open a 50' deep pit beneath the clockwork assailing the summoned lion. This pit is, naturally, filled to the depth of 5' with a virulent acid.

Greater Aggressive Thundercloud electrical Damage (Fortitude half DC 19: 6d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 1, 4, 4, 5) = 23

Acid Pit falling Damage (Reflex negates DC 19): 5d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 4, 2, 2) = 11
Acid Pit acid Damage (No save if previous save failed): 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7

Round 2 of 10 of greater aggressive thundercloud and round 1 of 11 of acid pit.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Bard 9 HP 58 | AC 21; Touch 13; FF 19 | F +8; R +9; W +8 | CMB+7; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | Perc +12 | Stealth: +6 Bard 9

Kelson keeps signing and fires his bow at the nearest bad guy.

attack haste good hope inspire courage: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30

damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

iterative

attack haste good hope inspire courage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

haste

attack haste good hope inspire courage: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Silver Crusade

Awaiting Harrow. Depending on his turn, combat might be over. :)

Dark Archive

Half-orc Inquisitor 6 / Cavalier 2 / Rogue 1 | HP 69/69 | AC 23; Tch 12; FF 22 | F +11; R +6; W +9 | CMB+12; CMD 23 | Speed 20 ft | Init +4 | +1 Cruel Keen Nodachi (adamantine): +14 (1d10+10/15-20) | Perc +16

Bursting from the concealment of his invisibility spell, Harrow attacks one of the creatures with a furious blow.

"TIME to die!" Harrow says, proud of himself and his joke.

+1 cruel keen nodachi (adamantine)(studied target, flanking, precise strike, sneak attack): 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 14 + 2 + 2 = 371d10 + 10 + 2 + 3d6 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 2 + (1, 6, 2) = 30
+1 cruel keen nodachi (adamantine, power attack, furious focus, studied target, flanking, precise strike, sneak attack, cornugon smash): 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 14 + 2 + 2 = 341d10 + 15 + 2 + 3d6 ⇒ (2) + 15 + 2 + (3, 4, 4) = 30
if hits, free intimidate check to demoralize: 1d20 + 34 ⇒ (12) + 34 = 46

CRIT?: 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 14 + 2 + 2 = 291d10 + 10 + 2 + 3d6 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 2 + (2, 1, 4) = 23

Silver Crusade

In full Thanksgiving mode. Posting will be slow for the next few days. If you celebrate it, have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! :)

Liberty's Edge

Male Ifrit Summoner 10 (HP63/63; AC 20 / T 12 / FF 18; DR5 (fire); F +4, R +5, W +7; Init +2, Perception +0, Diplomacy +18, Kn(a, pl) +13, Darkvision 60')
GM Engleaktig wrote:
In full Thanksgiving mode. Posting will be slow for the next few days. If you celebrate it, have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! :)

You, too!

Dark Archive

Half-orc Inquisitor 6 / Cavalier 2 / Rogue 1 | HP 69/69 | AC 23; Tch 12; FF 22 | F +11; R +6; W +9 | CMB+12; CMD 23 | Speed 20 ft | Init +4 | +1 Cruel Keen Nodachi (adamantine): +14 (1d10+10/15-20) | Perc +16

I do, and I will! You too!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Bard 9 HP 58 | AC 21; Touch 13; FF 19 | F +8; R +9; W +8 | CMB+7; CMD 20 | Speed 30 ft | Init +2 | Perc +12 | Stealth: +6 Bard 9

hope you guys had a good holiday

Silver Crusade

Apologies for the delay! Holidays plus weather plus work duties have kept me away.

With a massive crit from Harrow, the final (of the four) enemies is laid low. However, just at the far end of the bridge, dozens more approach. Thanbkfully, at that moment, the signal is given; all the bridge defenders flee.

The massive round mountain is shunted out of the Hao Jin Tapestry--right on top of the advancing enemy forces!

This is the literal countdown. You had 8 rounds to defeat the enemy. You did it in less. :-) You also earn the "Crushing Victory" boon. LOL!

Combat over!

Upon your return to the Pathfinder base camp, Venture-Captain Amara Li congratulates each of you for a job well done. You managed to crush the clockwork army beneath Round Mountain, and the first few months of recovery are relatively peaceful. The former inhabitants of the Hao Jin Tapestry and the former citizens of the Big Ticker are given the time and space needed to begin rebuilding their lives...

I'll try to have chronicle sheets soon. Catching up on real life... :)

Dark Archive

Half-orc Inquisitor 6 / Cavalier 2 / Rogue 1 | HP 69/69 | AC 23; Tch 12; FF 22 | F +11; R +6; W +9 | CMB+12; CMD 23 | Speed 20 ft | Init +4 | +1 Cruel Keen Nodachi (adamantine): +14 (1d10+10/15-20) | Perc +16

Harrow takes a trophy from the battle with him, a small clock that he straps to his forearm.

Though it doesn't work, Harrow believes the hands show when it's time to eat. He has set the hands to be 'always time to eat.'

At least Harrow is right twice a day!

Thanks for another great run, Engleaktig! You're awesome!

Liberty's Edge

NG Half-Elf Male Inquisitor-10 | HP 83/83 | AC 30 / 20 T / 26 FF | CMD 31 | Perception +17, Low-Light Vision; Sense Motive +13 | Bane 11/14 | 2nd Judgment 2/4; Surge 0/1 | Teamwork Feat change 4/4 | Fort +15, Reflex +11, Will +16; +1 untyped bonus vs poison and disease, +2 vs. enchantments; Immune sleep | Init +6 | Discern Lies 10/10 | Speed 40 ft.; Agile Feet 7/7 | Dimension Hop 20 5-ft inc/day 20/20 |Conditions: Heightened Awareness, Heroism, Defending Bone

"Well done, gentlemen!" Glen high-fives the team.

"Amara Li, it's great to see my favorite Tien lady again." The half-elf grins. "Still owe you that deep tissue massage. Swore an oath to return the favor one day. No time like the present, am I right?"

Glen adopts a defensive stance, ready to dodge the Venture-Captain's slap.

With ample down-time to pursue other passions and pleasures, the inquisitor of Cayden Cailean tours the local pubs, blessing them all in the name of the Drunken God, filling their casks with free wine and ale, and offering his healing services to the wounded after bar fights and to preempt the inevitable hangovers.

Day Job, Temple Vanity, Heal: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (10) + 19 = 29 50gp.

1,851 to 1,900 of 1,910 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PFS: #9-03: On the Border of War [5-9] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.