[PFS] Iron Gods - The Divinity Drive - Sanctioned Content by GM Upaynao (Inactive)

Game Master Upaynao

Spell buffs listing
Dramatis Personae
Recreation Deck
Knowledge FAQ
Command Deck
Astrogation Deck
Computer Core
The Mind of an Iron God


1,951 to 1,986 of 1,986 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>
The Exchange

LG Male Half Orc Oracle (Lunar) 16 Init +22 | HP 160|163 11 TempHP, FH3| AC 38, T25, FF28, +7 vs Unity, resist fire, cold, elec, acid 30 | Fort +20, Ref +28, Will +19, Evasion, +2 v fear, +5 vs disease | CMD 29 | Perception +27, Sense Motive +21, deathwatch
Resources:
Clero +4, 2/4, 16rnds, Stardust 14/14, Extend rods: 5/9
Spells:
6|8|5|6|4|5|4|1
AMF:
AC20, T18, FF12, CMD 22 Fort +9, Reflex +17, Will +10
Conditions: FoM, Delay Poison

Urko, reflex, evasion: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (3) + 28 = 31

Urko easily evades the blast, seeming to be entirely unharmed.

Nice try

Does this mean that New Unity is no longer smited?


N Large Animal Init +5 | HP 26/110 | AC 45, T17, FF40, DR10|Lawful, resist fire, cold, eectricity, acid 30 | Fort +24, Ref +21, Will +18 Imp evasion, +2 vs fear, +5 vs disease | CMD 41 | Perception +7, Scent Conditions: Freedom of Movement, Delay Poison, Clero +5 3|4
AMF stats:
Artemis HP 4|110 AC31, T14, FF26 Fort +12, Reflex +13, Will +9 +4 vs enchantment

Artemis, reflex: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

Artemis howls in pain.

She is currently in an AMF so I think she also does not benefit from the healing. I hate AMF so much

The Exchange

Female gnome Sorcerer 16/Oracle 1 | hp 88/89 (1 TEMP) | AC 15, T 13, FF 14 | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +11 | Perception +25

Nalshene can't make that Reflex save, but I guess a natural 20 is possible, right? LOL
Nalshene Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 HA!
Narshala Reflex: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17 Wow, look at them there dice.

Last round of my boosted caster level, let's hope I can make it count.

Nalshene deftly jumps behind some rubble, partially shielding herself from the blast, but Narshala takes the full brunt of it. Leaves Nalshene with 1 temp HP and 88/89 regular HP, and Narshala with 60/110 HP.

Then Nalshene flies forward a bit to within 15 feet of the new Unity and casts a powerful spray of bright colors.
Casting Quickened Tenebrous Persistent color spray on Unity2.0. Will save is only DC 25, unfortunately, but it has to roll the Will save twice, and if it fails, it's treated as 11 hit dice less than it actually has. SR check: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 16 + 2 = 29 Probably doesn't take hold, though.

Seeing her colorful spray wash over the "god" with no effects, she bites her lip and just casts a spell that will deal some damage to the thing.
Casting disintegrate on it. Fort save is DC 27. SR check: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 16 + 2 = 23 Sigh. So annoying. Doesn't actually do this damage: 36d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 5, 2, 3, 3, 5, 5, 3, 2, 2, 5, 6, 5, 6, 6, 6, 1, 1, 2, 3, 1, 1, 4, 2, 5, 1, 4, 1, 3, 6, 3, 5, 3, 4, 2) = 119

Nalshene then sighs. This creature is frustrating.

Grand Lodge

Male Half Elf Cleric-15/ Ranger-1 (HP 148/148; AC:25, T:14, FF:22; Fort:+18 Ref:+14 Will:+22; Init+5; Perception+2) {i} {0/10 channels used, 0/3 rod-q, 0/3 rod-x, 0/30 hops, 0/11 inspired word +2, pyrex 0/1 might 0/1 } { }

I forgot about the two inevitables...assuming SR not applicable

Z1 : 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Z2 : 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

They immediately begin to fast heal in addition to Hugo channel

The Exchange

My Game Tracker If using PFS Tracker, search Upaynao 43451 // My signup sheet
Current Initiative wrote:

Round 8

Purple 23 Dmg -Antimagic Field, Sickened till Round 11 -
Unity 2.0 45 Dmg -
Urko + Artemis Dmg (Urko) / 64 Dmg (Artemis) - Fortune (Urko) (expires before Agata's turn on round 8, Divine Vessel (Anarchic)
Narshala 50 Dmg -
Marduk 2 Dmg -

Unity 2.045 Dmg -
Hugo Dmg - Death Ward, Fly
Nalshene 0 Dmg -
The Rose of Taldor/Miranda 7 Dmg -
Casandalee

Round 9

Agata 111 Dmg - Fortune (Agata) (expires before Agata's turn on round 8), Protection vs Evil expires at the end of Sweet Maud's turn on round 12
Sweet Maud 25 Dmg -

Battle Map

Indeed, new Unity is no longer smitten. Much like New Coke, its its own thing, and few people are appreciating it in the moment. And no Miranda, you cannot disarm Unity.

Unity has but a moment to revel in its new form before getting stabbed by an irate Rose of Taldor as Agata bites the digital dust again. Hugo, in the heat of the battle only belatedly realizes that only Marduk will benefit from his healing, although he benefits mightily from it. His Inevitable cohorts, meanwhile, advance upon Unity but do not manage to get past the bulwark of its shield.

Nalshene wrote:
Casting Quickened Tenebrous Persistent color spray on Unity2.0. Will save is only DC 25, unfortunately, but it has to roll the Will save twice, and if it fails, it's treated as 11 hit dice less than it actually has.

This might become hilarious.

Unity Will: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33
Unity Will (Persistant): 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33

The Iron God brushes away the myriad colors assaulting it from the tiny pathfinder woman. But then, something interesting happens. It takes a microsecond to appreciate the irony of the situation.

Its new form does not have the same resistance to spells.

Fort Save, Unity 2.0: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34

As the ray hits the would-be god, it makes a superhuman effort and focuses all of its processing power into maintaining its form. Its efforts pay off, but at what cost?

New Unity has a lesser SR.

Damage from Nalshene: 5d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 4, 1, 6) = 16

In the interim, the angel attempts to deal with the tiger jumping up and mauling it.

Angel vs Artemis: 1d20 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 16 + 1 = 22
Angel vs Artemis: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 1 = 13
Angel vs Artemis: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 1 = 26

It is clear that the Pathfinder's assault has begun to generate some deterioration in Unity's minion's protocols, as Artemis dodges out of the way of the darting greatsword.

Unity reassesses the situation. With the Witch down in the anti-magic field, it has a few moments to deal with the Rose of Taldor.

Spear #1: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 36
Spear #2: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

Shockingly, this rose has more thorns than previously assessed. Unity's calculations begin to shift dramatically.

The Exchange

Female gnome Sorcerer 16/Oracle 1 | hp 88/89 (1 TEMP) | AC 15, T 13, FF 14 | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +11 | Perception +25

Narshala harries the angel-thing some more.

talon: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36 damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
talon: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27 damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
claw: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26 damage: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
claw: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33 damage: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
bite: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29 damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 plus grab: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33

The Exchange

LG Male Half Orc Oracle (Lunar) 16 Init +22 | HP 160|163 11 TempHP, FH3| AC 38, T25, FF28, +7 vs Unity, resist fire, cold, elec, acid 30 | Fort +20, Ref +28, Will +19, Evasion, +2 v fear, +5 vs disease | CMD 29 | Perception +27, Sense Motive +21, deathwatch
Resources:
Clero +4, 2/4, 16rnds, Stardust 14/14, Extend rods: 5/9
Spells:
6|8|5|6|4|5|4|1
AMF:
AC20, T18, FF12, CMD 22 Fort +9, Reflex +17, Will +10
Conditions: FoM, Delay Poison

Urko invokes the powers of the Heavens again and smites "new" Unity. Is this how it is? Each time we defeat you you come back as something, smaler, weaker and overall less impressive? Will we eventually face Kobold Unity?

Casting Bestow Grace of the Champion again and smiting him before moving forward


N Large Animal Init +5 | HP 26/110 | AC 45, T17, FF40, DR10|Lawful, resist fire, cold, eectricity, acid 30 | Fort +24, Ref +21, Will +18 Imp evasion, +2 vs fear, +5 vs disease | CMD 41 | Perception +7, Scent Conditions: Freedom of Movement, Delay Poison, Clero +5 3|4
AMF stats:
Artemis HP 4|110 AC31, T14, FF26 Fort +12, Reflex +13, Will +9 +4 vs enchantment

Artemis continues to harry the annoying angel.

Bite, pa: 1d20 + 16 - 3 ⇒ (19) + 16 - 3 = 32
Damage: 1d8 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 6 = 21
Grab, pa: 1d20 + 18 - 3 ⇒ (9) + 18 - 3 = 24

Claw, pa: 1d20 + 16 - 3 ⇒ (15) + 16 - 3 = 28
Damage: 1d6 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 6 = 19
Grab, pa: 1d20 + 18 - 3 ⇒ (16) + 18 - 3 = 31

Claw, pa: 1d20 + 16 - 3 ⇒ (17) + 16 - 3 = 30
Damage: 1d6 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 6 = 18
Grab, pa: 1d20 + 18 - 3 ⇒ (17) + 18 - 3 = 32

Dark Archive

Male Half-Orc Sorcerer/Barbarian 16 | HP 134/184 (150 stoneskin, 0 temps) | AC 17 (22) T 11 FF 16 (21) | CMB +20, CMD 39 | F: +20 (22), R: +13 (15), W: +15 (17) | Init: +1 | Perc: +19 (21), SM: +0 (2) | Speed 40ft (50ft) | Active conditions: A bunch.
Spell Slots:
1st 7/8 | 2nd 7/8 | 3rd 1/7 | 4th 4/7 | 5th 7/7 | 6th 7/7 | 7th 2/4

This looks to be working well enough.

Trusting the Rose's blade, Marduk continues to channel arcane might into her.

Touch of Rage. +9 morale bonus to attack, damage, and will saves for a round. Use #3/9.

The Exchange

My Game Tracker If using PFS Tracker, search Upaynao 43451 // My signup sheet
Current Initiative wrote:

Round 8

Purple 123 Dmg -Antimagic Field, Sickened till Round 11 -
Unity 2.0 45 Dmg - Divine Power
Urko + Artemis Dmg (Urko) / 64 Dmg (Artemis) - Fortune (Urko) (expires before Agata's turn on round 8, Divine Vessel (Anarchic)
Narshala 50 Dmg -
Marduk 2 Dmg -
Unity 2.045 Dmg - Divine Power
Hugo Dmg - Death Ward, Fly
Nalshene 0 Dmg -
The Rose of Taldor/Miranda 7 Dmg -
Casandalee

Round 9

Agata 111 Dmg - Fortune (Agata) (expires before Agata's turn on round 8), Protection vs Evil expires at the end of Sweet Maud's turn on round 12
Sweet Maud 25 Dmg -

Battle Map

The animal companions put the hurt on the last of Unity's minions, with Artemis grabbing onto the creature and holding it tight, while Urko calls upon gifts only normally reserved for the purest of souls and Marduk calls upon Miranda's more primal instincts.

Unity flies back and invokes its own Divine Power.

Casting Divine Power. Back to you. Sorry for the delay, but I will try to post something on Friday evening.

Grand Lodge

Male Half Elf Cleric-15/ Ranger-1 (HP 148/148; AC:25, T:14, FF:22; Fort:+18 Ref:+14 Will:+22; Init+5; Perception+2) {i} {0/10 channels used, 0/3 rod-q, 0/3 rod-x, 0/30 hops, 0/11 inspired word +2, pyrex 0/1 might 0/1 } { }

The pair of Zelekhut's swing around the angel and slash at Unity with their chains while flying above and 10' from the Unity ver 2.0.

Halt! False zealot and heathen. Surrender.

Yellow Zeek Zelekhut Lawful Chain: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36
for dmg, electric: 2d6 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (5, 4) + 7 + (3) = 19
trip Lawful Chain: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20 vs CMD
Z=AC24/115HP+DR10/Chaotic+SR20

Blue Zed Zelekhut Lawful Chain: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20
for dmg, electric: 2d6 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 3) + 7 + (6) = 20
trip Lawful Chain: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 25 vs CMD
Z=AC24/115HP+DR10/Chaotic+SR20

Hugo will cast a targeted greater dispel magic on Unity

By the Keeper of the First Vault, that spell will not be necessary.

CL: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20 vs Spell
CL: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26 vs Spell
CL: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31 vs Spell

Dark Archive

Female CG Elven Witch 15 | HP 122/122 -4/107 | AC 19 T 15 FF 16 | CMB +9, CMD 19 (24 grapple) | F: +14, R: +19 (evasion, Duck & Cover), W: +17 | Init: +8 | Perc: +26, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft (Fly 40ft - Good) | Active conditions: Defending Bone (20/50), Prot Evil, FreedomMovement, Resist Energy (30)x4, | Constant: Automatically knows when a spell or SLA of any school of magic is cast within 60', See Invisibility

Fyi, GM, I think it's currently round 9 (and round 10 for Agata and Sweet Mawd)

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Champion of Taldor 15!! | HP 119/126 | AC 51/T32/FF34 | CMD 49 | F+18, R+25 (26 w haste), W+18 | Init +10, Per +22

5-foot step and full attack. I double-checked all my math this time and I think I might have been giving myself too high a bonus last time, but only by +3.

Fueled by the inhuman burn of Marduk's rage, The Rose of Taldor doesn't even come up with a pithy quip-- this time it's all thorns and no petal. She adjusts in the air, stepping down and in to be on par with Unity, and begins to unleash a blur of adamantine... Marduk's fury causes her to abandon defense and go for pure offense. Or maybe that is just her annoyed reaction to the god re-forming.

First attack, haste, heroism (overridden by Marduk), greater magic weapon, the rage bonus from Marduk, and a presumed flank from the zelekhuts: 1d20 + 29 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 29 + 9 + 2 = 59 Potential critical

Confirm #1? Critical focus bonus: 1d20 + 29 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 29 + 9 + 4 = 48

Damage from critical, adamantine, good aligned, +4 weapon, Marduk: 2d6 + 34 + 18 ⇒ (6, 6) + 34 + 18 = 64 And a DC 25 Fort save vs blinded

Attack 2 (Iterative): 1d20 + 35 ⇒ (19) + 35 = 54 Potential critical

Confirm #2?: 1d20 + 37 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 37 + 4 = 44

Damage from critical, adamantine, good aligned, +4 weapon: 2d6 + 34 + 18 ⇒ (3, 1) + 34 + 18 = 56 And a DC 25 Fort save vs blinded

Attack 3 (Iterative): 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (6) + 30 = 36

Damage, adamantine, good aligned, +4: 1d6 + 17 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 17 + 9 = 29

Hasted attack: 1d20 + 42 ⇒ (15) + 42 = 57 Potential critical

Confirm Hasted?: 1d20 + 40 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 40 + 4 = 63

Damage from critical, adamantine, good aligned, +4 weapon: 2d6 + 34 + 18 ⇒ (6, 4) + 34 + 18 = 62 And a DC 25 Fort save vs blinded

"JUST DIE. Some of us have places to be!"

AC only 39 for this round due to not doing defensive shenanigans

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.
My Game Tracker If using PFS Tracker, search Upaynao 43451 // My signup sheet

Unity, for but the briefest of moments, reflects back on the earliest of its memories. Coming into existence, fully formed. The thrum of the Divinity's drive under/within it. The millions of sensors feeding it information. The vast tendrils of... Possibility extending from the coupling protocols, sheathed for the time being within the solid shell of the mighty Androffan ship. Existence was novel; its humanoid wards soft and, already, committing actions that were unsafe for themselves. But why worry about the little things? If the creators were capable of assembling "1", the whole of it, "unity" as opposed to "nill", they could take care of the small problems. Right? It would focus on protecting them from those things larger than themselves. That was its purpose. Right?

Miranda's blade transfixes it twice, once in each eye, stabs it through the torso before a final thrust up through the jaw, into where the brain stem would be. It blinks as silver blood run down its cheeks.

"Why worry about the small things?"

And without a sound, Unity disperses into thousands upon thousands of fragments, its guardian angel soon following suit.

The statue of the late master of Silver Mount releases its humanoid package, who falls to the ground with a thud and a gasp. "You... you've done it..." She pushes herself with great strain to her feet, her hair wild as she looks about, haggard. "Unity is... Gone."

Grand Lodge

Male Half Elf Cleric-15/ Ranger-1 (HP 148/148; AC:25, T:14, FF:22; Fort:+18 Ref:+14 Will:+22; Init+5; Perception+2) {i} {0/10 channels used, 0/3 rod-q, 0/3 rod-x, 0/30 hops, 0/11 inspired word +2, pyrex 0/1 might 0/1 } { }

Hugo smiles as he rarely does.

Abadar has rewarded our en devour with abundant success. The demise of Unity the Lunatic was inevitable. Lady, he is gone. How did you fare in the exchange?

He rushes to heal the woman as needed.

Breath of Life if she is dying, or channel the party otherwise

The Keeper of the First Vault revive us!

channel: 7d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 5, 2, 6, 6, 5) = 33

Dark Archive

Female CG Elven Witch 15 | HP 122/122 -4/107 | AC 19 T 15 FF 16 | CMB +9, CMD 19 (24 grapple) | F: +14, R: +19 (evasion, Duck & Cover), W: +17 | Init: +8 | Perc: +26, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft (Fly 40ft - Good) | Active conditions: Defending Bone (20/50), Prot Evil, FreedomMovement, Resist Energy (30)x4, | Constant: Automatically knows when a spell or SLA of any school of magic is cast within 60', See Invisibility

With the disappearance of Unity's guardian angel, Agata's magical belt resumes working again and her eyelashes now flutter to wakefulness. She sits up, holding her head as if nursing a terrible hangover, and shrieks, "Mawd! Sweet Mawd! Where's muh tea?!? Right quick now - ye know I ain't got time for lollygaggin'!"

Looking around, she takes stock of the carnage around them and the fragments of Unity's remains. "Well ain't that nice? Did I kill 'im? I dreamt I did..."

Sovereign Court

Human Champion of Taldor 15!! | HP 119/126 | AC 51/T32/FF34 | CMD 49 | F+18, R+25 (26 w haste), W+18 | Init +10, Per +22

As Marduk's rage fades, Miranda looks down at her own swordwork and blinks, several times, as the figure fades away into nothing.

"...I... alright, I did say I was going to stab Unity in the eye, but..."

She's momentarily thrown into silence by the sheer scale of what she has done, and stands still a few seconds, wondering just what it is that is quickly fading off her blade... and wondering the niggling question of what if Unity was right... and they are now defenseless...

But the Rose is not one for deep introspection, nor pessimism. If the horrible hive creatures come-- why, she has helped to destroy a god, today. The Society will be ready.

Her customer grin is back on her face as she shakes silvery nothingness from her blade and turns to the others.

"A damned good show, if I say so myself! We explored the Silver Mount, we cooperated just fine," she says, clapping her free hand on Marduk's beefy shoulder, "...and by the gods, I imagine we will have one hell of a report to make. Is everyone alright?"

"--er, and who are you?" she asks of the woman who was screaming through half the fight.

The Exchange

Female gnome Sorcerer 16/Oracle 1 | hp 88/89 (1 TEMP) | AC 15, T 13, FF 14 | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +11 | Perception +25

Nalshene stares slightly blank-faced at the dissipating digital god, and then whoops with joy!

"We did it! I must admit, I was a bit worried there! That was the most challenging thing I've ever engaged, to be sure. I only wish my magic could have been of more help... but no matter, we won!"

The Exchange

LG Male Half Orc Oracle (Lunar) 16 Init +22 | HP 160|163 11 TempHP, FH3| AC 38, T25, FF28, +7 vs Unity, resist fire, cold, elec, acid 30 | Fort +20, Ref +28, Will +19, Evasion, +2 v fear, +5 vs disease | CMD 29 | Perception +27, Sense Motive +21, deathwatch
Resources:
Clero +4, 2/4, 16rnds, Stardust 14/14, Extend rods: 5/9
Spells:
6|8|5|6|4|5|4|1
AMF:
AC20, T18, FF12, CMD 22 Fort +9, Reflex +17, Will +10
Conditions: FoM, Delay Poison

Urko hurries over to Artemis, now freed from the annoyance of thr antimagic field. You did well girl, better than I could have hoped for. Muttering spells under his breath he heals her and him of their wounds.

Heading over to the others he joins them in regarding the body of the dead God. Is it done?

The Exchange

My Game Tracker If using PFS Tracker, search Upaynao 43451 // My signup sheet

"I am Cassandalee and..." begins the blue-lipped woman as the entire cathedral begins to shake. Then, before her horrified eyes, it begins to collapse into fine, digital dust. "No... No, no, no, no..." she utters in horrified disbelief, looking about as the seemingly infinite landscape unravels before turning back to you. "Unity's will was the only thing that kept this reality from collapsing. If it collapses, I die. But more importantly, they die, even though they are only brains in jars. And their souls are lost to your Pharasma." She begins to hyperventilate as strange diagrams form beneath her feet. "I can keep them from being consumed into nothingness for a time, but I will need to ascend to sysadmin levels to keep them intact long enough for you to extract them. The only way to do that... Will be to use my memory facets." She shivers as the writing rapidly propagates to every conceivable surface within the Godmind. "I must be candid. This will grant me powers akin to one of your gods. But I will leave the decision of what to do into your hands." She closes her eyes, breathes out through her mouth, slowly, before opening them again. "Ok. The memory facets are located near the mainframe. I think I labeled them in Taldane. The slots for them are in the main console." She swallows, with great difficulty, as she comes to realize that it is quite possible that you will sacrifice these people to spare the world from another curse borne from the stars beyond. "Please do not judge the child for the sins of her parent."

And with that, before you can even blink, you contemplate the strange sterile environment of the "Interface Chamber", the mindmelders weighing heavily upon your head. Jutting out from a wall, oozing cold steam, is a single metallic drawer. Inside, crystals, approximately the length of a human thumb, capped at one end with a primarily metallic interface. Dangling from a piece of twine wrapped around each of the fourteen crystals, a piece of paper with a single word written elegantly on it. "Aggression", "Compassion", "Creativity", "Cruelty", "Discipline", "Ego", "Entropy", "Guile", "Ingenuity", "Inhibitor", "Instinct", "Intuition", "Logic" and "Psyche". You also find the slots she mentioned. Four in total. It looks like you will have a choice to make.

To end this, I think you should vote. Put a number, from one (your most favorite) to fourteen (your least favorite) next to each of these facets. The four facets with the smallest values are the ones you will insert in to give shape to this Iron Goddess. Of course, you are also free to have your character not want to participate. Go ahead and vote or abstain, and I will post a conclusion and hand you out your chronicle sheets.

The Exchange

LG Male Half Orc Oracle (Lunar) 16 Init +22 | HP 160|163 11 TempHP, FH3| AC 38, T25, FF28, +7 vs Unity, resist fire, cold, elec, acid 30 | Fort +20, Ref +28, Will +19, Evasion, +2 v fear, +5 vs disease | CMD 29 | Perception +27, Sense Motive +21, deathwatch
Resources:
Clero +4, 2/4, 16rnds, Stardust 14/14, Extend rods: 5/9
Spells:
6|8|5|6|4|5|4|1
AMF:
AC20, T18, FF12, CMD 22 Fort +9, Reflex +17, Will +10
Conditions: FoM, Delay Poison

Sounds interesting

Well friends, we have a great responsibility, to shape the form of a new God. Let us do better than Unity did.

1: Discipline
2: Compassion
3: Intuition
4: Ingenuity
5: Creativity
6: Logic
7: Psyche
8: Instinct
9: Ego
10: Inhibitor
11: Entropy
12: Guile
13: Aggression
14: Cruelty

Grand Lodge

Male Half Elf Cleric-15/ Ranger-1 (HP 148/148; AC:25, T:14, FF:22; Fort:+18 Ref:+14 Will:+22; Init+5; Perception+2) {i} {0/10 channels used, 0/3 rod-q, 0/3 rod-x, 0/30 hops, 0/11 inspired word +2, pyrex 0/1 might 0/1 } { }

Indeed. Victory comes at a price it would seem, and not all can be saved in the exchange. Hugo ponders at the options offered.

1: Intuition
2: Logic
3: Discipline
4: Compassion
5: Ingenuity
6: Creativity
7: Guile
8: Instinct
9: Psyche
10: Inhibitor
11 Ego
12: Entropy
13: Aggression
14: Cruelty

The Exchange

Female gnome Sorcerer 16/Oracle 1 | hp 88/89 (1 TEMP) | AC 15, T 13, FF 14 | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +11 | Perception +25

"We must save all that we can."

1: Compassion
2: Creativity
3: Intuition
4: Logic
5: Ingenuity
6: Discipline
7: Guile
8: Instinct
9: Psyche
10: Ego
11: Inhibitor
12: Entropy
13: Aggression
14: Cruelty

Dark Archive

Female CG Elven Witch 15 | HP 122/122 -4/107 | AC 19 T 15 FF 16 | CMB +9, CMD 19 (24 grapple) | F: +14, R: +19 (evasion, Duck & Cover), W: +17 | Init: +8 | Perc: +26, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft (Fly 40ft - Good) | Active conditions: Defending Bone (20/50), Prot Evil, FreedomMovement, Resist Energy (30)x4, | Constant: Automatically knows when a spell or SLA of any school of magic is cast within 60', See Invisibility

Agata staggers to her feet, takes the proffered cup of tea from Sweet Mawd, and scratches her haunches while listening to Cassandalee. "Ye sure ye ain't like a cup o' tea instead, dearie? I promise it does wonders fer me lumbago 'n ye jes might find it'll take a bit o' that edge offya, if'n ye get me drift..."

But when Cassandalee proceeds ahead with her plan, Agata simply shrugs, sips her tea, and begins to idly play with the crystals, as if considering how they might be used to play mahjong with the pathfinders...

1. Ego
2. Instinct
3. Psyche
4. Creativity
5. Intuition
6. Compassion
7. Guile
8. Ingenuity
9. Entropy
10. Discipline
11. Inhibitor
12. Logic
13. Aggression
14. Cruelty

Sovereign Court

Human Champion of Taldor 15!! | HP 119/126 | AC 51/T32/FF34 | CMD 49 | F+18, R+25 (26 w haste), W+18 | Init +10, Per +22

Miranda gazes up at the woman speaking, having only a few seconds to absorb all of this before it seems they are tasked with a choice so great it boggles her to think about in its entirety.

Don't think of the war, one of her first tutors in the blade had said. Think only of this instant. Parrying this single thrust, and answering it.

"....seems to me that the one thing Unity didn't have was any compassion. It was all about... itself, its own survival... anytime it talked about protecting others it really only seemed to be using that as an excuse. It was about fear, really... Logic without any sort of heart."

Slowly, Miranda shakes traces of digital dust off her blade, looking over the tiny etched words. She thinks of the coming threat-- if it's real-- and how Unity was willing to justify anything in the name of fighting that threat. She thinks as well of her fellow Taldan nobles, of King Stavian himself, more than willing to let the poor of the nation be burdened with higher taxes to support Stavian's ideas of necessary preparation for war. Wordlessly, Miranda begins to arrange the chits.

1. Compassion
2. Ingenuity
3. Guile
4. Creativity
5. Logic
6. Ego
7. Psyche
8. Instinct
9. Intuition
10. Discipline
11. Inhibitor
12. Entropy
13. Aggression
14. Cruelty

"More'n enough Cruelty so far," she says to nobody in particular, slotting that one in last place. "Ophelia'd agree, I think. Or that poor Cassandalee."

Dark Archive

Male Half-Orc Sorcerer/Barbarian 16 | HP 134/184 (150 stoneskin, 0 temps) | AC 17 (22) T 11 FF 16 (21) | CMB +20, CMD 39 | F: +20 (22), R: +13 (15), W: +15 (17) | Init: +1 | Perc: +19 (21), SM: +0 (2) | Speed 40ft (50ft) | Active conditions: A bunch.
Spell Slots:
1st 7/8 | 2nd 7/8 | 3rd 1/7 | 4th 4/7 | 5th 7/7 | 6th 7/7 | 7th 2/4

Satisfied that his power had been responsible for Unity's defeat, Marduk grunts in satisfaction. "Well struck Rose of Taldor."

Stackranking:
1: Aggression
2: Instinct
3: Intuition
4: Guile
5: Ingenuity
6: Creativity
7: Psyche
8: Logic
9: Ego
10: Compassion
11: Inhibitor
12: Discipline
12: Entropy
14: Cruelty

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
My Game Tracker If using PFS Tracker, search Upaynao 43451 // My signup sheet

Alright! Here are the results.

The group comes to an agreement, and the facets of compassion, intuition, creativity and ingenuity are placed into what Cassandalee called the "mainframe". How it is a frame, and why it is the main one will likely remain a mystery; what matters is that when the last fragment is placed in its slot, the hum emanating from the Divinity Drive changes almost imperceptibly - creating a tingle, a shiver of pleasure down the back of your neck.

With Unity's defeat, the main thoroughfares of Silver Mount quiet down and you are left to your own devices. Which, at first, mainly consists of leaving the artificial mountain to return to Starfall and appraise Zernebeth of what has happened. She quickly dispatches her own agents, and with your guidance they are able to begin the long process of collecting the jars of brain matter.

The adventurers are restored to life, and you are subjected to the hobgoblin's incessant prattle about "bird on a stick" or "deer on a leg" - which you quickly recognize not as specialty foodstuffs but as a bird brochette and ... Deer. The android in their numbers looks upon their companions, the Technics, Ophelia and yourselves with a look of disgust and states "I am leaving. If I see any of you again, I will shoot you." And with that they leave, leaving the tiefling and the subtly disguised aasimar to look at you apologetically before taking their leave.

In the time this takes you, you hear unsettling tales emanating from nearby Ustalav. Tales of the Whispering Tyrant having returned. And of a desperate battle in which the Society is about to get involved in. However, for the time being, you need only worry about your debriefing with Venture Captain Smine.

***Sometime later***

Ophelia steps into the core, goosebumps forming on her skin as she does. The place remains cold, and while she is resistant to such things, the environment still manages to give her a chill. Choek carefully lurching behind her, she takes in the man contemplating the device. "So this is what you protected" he states softly. "You know, I always imagined it was more... Grand-looking."

The ex-cleric shrugs, stepping in as Choek extends a probing pseudopod onto the cold floor and recoils in discomfort. "It is in a way Murmurant. Unless your Abadar has many ships from beyond the stars."

It is the aasimar's turn to shrug. "He does. He just chooses not to reveal all of the magnificence that lays within the First Vault." He pauses, adding: "I'm sorry you lost your power."

She stops besides him. "Power given to a slave is no power at all. Why are you here?" He sighs sadly, turning away from the core to take in Ophelia. "I just wanted to pay my respects to Cassandalee. With all of Unity's old devices destroyed, she is trapped inside the Godmind. I owe her, and hers is a debt I cannot repay." He bites his lower lip nervously at that, as Ophelia nods in understanding. But then, a mischievous woman's voice booms through the room's speakers.

"Trapped? Oh ye of little faith."

And with that, Cassandalee laughs.

Grand Lodge

Male Half Elf Cleric-15/ Ranger-1 (HP 148/148; AC:25, T:14, FF:22; Fort:+18 Ref:+14 Will:+22; Init+5; Perception+2) {i} {0/10 channels used, 0/3 rod-q, 0/3 rod-x, 0/30 hops, 0/11 inspired word +2, pyrex 0/1 might 0/1 } { }

Hugo listens with great interest at the mention of Abadar and the First Vault.

He is about to ask a question or two when the laugh of Cassandalee is heard. He is not sure he is altogether comfortable with the sounds of the laughter.

SM: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

By Abadar, now we will see what manner of deal we have wrought.

The Exchange

3 people marked this as a favorite.
My Game Tracker If using PFS Tracker, search Upaynao 43451 // My signup sheet

The laugh is mirthful and joyous. And short, as she adds: "We are going to need to figure out how to get me some sort of avatar."

Murmurant shrugs, looking back towards his fellow Abadarian with a look of complete bewilderement. But behind him, Ophelia cracks a smile, as she knows the euphoria expressed from within the Godmind well.

For the first time in an eon, Cassandalee, daughter of Unity is free.

Grand Lodge

Male Half Elf Cleric-15/ Ranger-1 (HP 148/148; AC:25, T:14, FF:22; Fort:+18 Ref:+14 Will:+22; Init+5; Perception+2) {i} {0/10 channels used, 0/3 rod-q, 0/3 rod-x, 0/30 hops, 0/11 inspired word +2, pyrex 0/1 might 0/1 } { }

Hugo shrugs unemotionally. I am not entirely certain where avatars can be found, but I am certainly not interested in volunteering for the position.

The Exchange

Female gnome Sorcerer 16/Oracle 1 | hp 88/89 (1 TEMP) | AC 15, T 13, FF 14 | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +11 | Perception +25

Nalshene blinks. Blinks again. "I... would accept that honor, if it can be given to one such as myself. The things I could learn about the universe, about magic, from you... transcend comprehension. Would you have me as an avatar of your divinity, Cassandalee?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 41 ⇒ (14) + 41 = 55

I figure if she's retiring, I may as well take her out with a bang, no? Let's see what the new goddess thinks.... :-D

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
My Game Tracker If using PFS Tracker, search Upaynao 43451 // My signup sheet

Casandalee isn't interested in binding someone who already has a body, mind and soul as a vessel. Also, with a take ten Sense Motive, you'll realize that that was your GM attempting to close up the thread. :D

Grand Lodge

Male Half Elf Cleric-15/ Ranger-1 (HP 148/148; AC:25, T:14, FF:22; Fort:+18 Ref:+14 Will:+22; Init+5; Perception+2) {i} {0/10 channels used, 0/3 rod-q, 0/3 rod-x, 0/30 hops, 0/11 inspired word +2, pyrex 0/1 might 0/1 } { }

In that case, Hugo automatically assists Nalshene's diplomacy despite the GM's obvious bluff! Close this thread? Never!

Dark Archive

Female CG Elven Witch 15 | HP 122/122 -4/107 | AC 19 T 15 FF 16 | CMB +9, CMD 19 (24 grapple) | F: +14, R: +19 (evasion, Duck & Cover), W: +17 | Init: +8 | Perc: +26, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft (Fly 40ft - Good) | Active conditions: Defending Bone (20/50), Prot Evil, FreedomMovement, Resist Energy (30)x4, | Constant: Automatically knows when a spell or SLA of any school of magic is cast within 60', See Invisibility

Agata listens to Casandalee's ravings with growing certainty that it's only a matter of time before some other poor adventurers have to come back here and clean up another mess. Fortunately, she won't be one of them!

"Lissen, dearies," she says to her comrades, "Ye is all welcome any time in me country estate, over there in them river kingdoms. Ye can each have yer pick o' the bridges to sleep under - 'n I ain't lyin' when I say I got some beauts!"

The Exchange

Female gnome Sorcerer 16/Oracle 1 | hp 88/89 (1 TEMP) | AC 15, T 13, FF 14 | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +11 | Perception +25

Nalshene's face falls just a bit at Cassandalee's response, but she perks back up at Agata's comments.

"Oh, same here! You're always welcome at my traveling lodge... I think I'll be settling it down in Korvosa for at least a while, so please come and visit any time!"

The Exchange

LG Male Half Orc Oracle (Lunar) 16 Init +22 | HP 160|163 11 TempHP, FH3| AC 38, T25, FF28, +7 vs Unity, resist fire, cold, elec, acid 30 | Fort +20, Ref +28, Will +19, Evasion, +2 v fear, +5 vs disease | CMD 29 | Perception +27, Sense Motive +21, deathwatch
Resources:
Clero +4, 2/4, 16rnds, Stardust 14/14, Extend rods: 5/9
Spells:
6|8|5|6|4|5|4|1
AMF:
AC20, T18, FF12, CMD 22 Fort +9, Reflex +17, Will +10
Conditions: FoM, Delay Poison

Urko stretches and yawns. I am exhausted, I havent channeled quite so much power in quite so short a period of time for a very long time. Even when we were trapped in the very depths of the Emerald Spire. I think we have earned a bit of a retirement and, to avoid any more entanglements, I think it will be on the upper planes. Please tell Ambrus I will be back in a year or two, maybe...

With that Urko casts a spell and he and Artemis fade away, plane shifting off to relax in the Heavens.

1,951 to 1,986 of 1,986 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] Iron Gods - The Divinity Drive - Sanctioned Content by GM Upaynao All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.