[PFS] GM ShieldBug's The Year of the Sky Key

Game Master ShieldBug

Maps and Handouts


1,251 to 1,300 of 1,594 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Male Human cavalier [DC] 2 / gunslinger [MS] 1 | Init +2, Senses Perception +6 | AC 19/12/17 (+6 armor, +2 Dex, +1 Shield)Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +0, +2 vs curse, fear, and emotion effects | | HP 25/25 | Challenge 1/1 | Demoralize 1/1 | Grit 2/2 | Tactician 1/1 | Condition:

Brock can't hold his tounge any longer.

"With the sensitive nature of these documents, one can infer that the details within are valuable. I mislike simply handing them over without compensation. We have a treasure trove of secrets, we cannot simply give it away without profit, that's foolish."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Silver Crusade

Female Druid (wild whisperer) 2, Wizard (exploiter wizard) 2 | HP: 20/20, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 15* (T 11, FF 14*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 13 | F:+3* R:+1 W:+8 | Init +1 | Perc +7 (+2 beside Prickles), SM +3*, Diplomacy +1, WE +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: D1st: 2/3, W1st: 3/3 | Arcane Reservoir 5/5, Inspiration 3/5, Miracle Worker 1/1, Pearl of Power 1/1, Tireless Logic 1/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour

Danicka's eye widen. "You want to sell peoples private secrets?" She looks flabbergasted. "But... But that's so... MEAN!"

She looks up at Brock. As her surprise fades its replaced by a mix of disappointment and forlorn acceptance. Clearly, she's saddened--but no longer surprised--by Brock's desires.

Other than the following stipulations, I'm personally good with anything: Junia gets to decide if we use the information on her or destroy it. If we hand over the information (for free, or to sell it) it goes to Colson (Cause really, how can you say no to a guy named Colson!?!?). Danicka prefers we give it to Colson for free, but since this isn't life or death she'll be a push over and won't argue one way or the other more than she already has.

The Exchange

CN Male Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: 3, CMD: 16 | F:4 R:7 W:1 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (+4 Dex/-2 Wis/+2 AC)
Resources:
| Bombs: 8/9 | Extracts: (1st): 4/5 | Extracts: (2nd): 2/2

"Aye, how can we toss away a possible massive pay day like this. We can hand over or destroy the bit on Junia if she so desires but after we are rightfully paid our finder fee on the other information. Don't think of it as extortion think of it as hazard pay!" Rook says while trying to sound as convincing as possible.

I am sure he is more than willing to pay for the information and I am not sure at this point in the timeline Torch was a captain in the lodge but if so that should go back to Dreng. We can always make a copy of some of the juicier bits.

Liberty's Edge

M NG Halfling Swashbuckler 3 Panache 4/4 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +7, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +4, SM: +2| Speed 30ft | 4 AoO/Round | Parry Attacks
Bot Me!:
[dice=Rapier]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d4+3[/dice]

Forrest shrugs. "I'll leave the price up to you both, you seem to know the most about economics. I just care that if he offers a fair price, we accept it."

The Exchange

CN Male Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: 3, CMD: 16 | F:4 R:7 W:1 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (+4 Dex/-2 Wis/+2 AC)
Resources:
| Bombs: 8/9 | Extracts: (1st): 4/5 | Extracts: (2nd): 2/2

"No need to worry on that front. This means something to you which has value so I won't try to wring him out or refuse if the offer is low. He will probably suggest a payment and we will take it gladly...I will save the more intense bargaining for someone we all dislike." Rook says with his business face softening somewhat seeing that this means something to his allies. He lets out a deep laugh.

Going soft but I suppose I owe some debt to all of these people I have come to travel with. Not soft enough to take nothing for it though! Hah.

"So that leaves the business of our new recruit, J? The letter concerning you is yours to do what you want with. I am sure you can pay us back on a mission in the future!"

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 19, t 13, ff 17 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+7, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 8/8; 2nd 4/4 | Channel Positive Energy: 3/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 4/4 | Delay Affliction: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: None

ug, this campaign has not been showing me updates lately. Apologies, fam

Arin separates out the papers about J’s mother and hands them to her. He hands the rest to Rook.

”Well then, we sound fairly agreeable in the matter. I think we’ve made Colson sweat long enough.”

BREAK!


Year of the Skykey

The Torch stuff is pretty out of date at this point. ;)

J. looks at Danika with wide-eyed shock. "Wh- What!? I... What?" She takes the document from Arin and reads it carefully... twice. Without speaking, she passes the document back with a shaky hand, looking distraught and slightly disgusted at its contents. She listens quietly to both Yaiho and Forrest, contemplating the repercussions of handing the note, but in her eagerness for the matter to be settled she blurts out. "Give it all to Colson. My mother has lied to me my whole life, and I'm not going to start lying for her. If I'm going to start a new life helping others move on, I need to be honest with myself."

With the decision made, you break from your huddled meeting and return to the patiently waiting Major Colson. "Have you come to a verdict?" He asks, and looks mightily relieved when you state your intentions. "I assure you, you will not regret your contributing to the cause of freedom this day." He seems a little saddened when Brock and Rook demand a finders fee or danger money, but understands. "If the cause of freedom is not sufficient for you, Pathfinders, compensation can be arranged. I have none on my person, but you have my word that a hefty sum of gold will find its way to you by the end of the day. Think of it as a thank you for preventing what could have been a catastrophe." After a little gentle negotiation (significantly less cutthroat than normal from the two members of the exchange,) you settle on a price of 498 gold sails for the documents. It may be slightly less than you'd get on the open market, but it's worth the hit of a few gold coins to see the big smile on Forrest's face.

With the documents in his hands, Major Colson Maldris bids you farewell and disappears back into the alleys. "Thank you. From me and Grishan too." J. says once the Major is gone, Grishan doesn't appear again, but the young spiritualist passes on his feelings. "He says that it's good that he can still help Colson, even though he's not alive anymore." The rest of the journey to Dacilane Manor is uneventful, and J. is relatively quiet and thoughtful. Once you reach the gates, she takes a long look at her home and nods, evidently coming to some kind of decision. "Well, that settles it then." She says with an air of finality. "I obviously cannot follow in my mother's footsteps anymore, she'll just have to accept that I want to strike out on my own and learn more about my powers." Turning hopefully to Danicka, she asks. "Were you serious before, about helping me apply for Pathfinder training?" Then turning to Rook, adds. "And with helping me learn more about Spritualists? I know we've just met, but we've already been through so much together and you've all taught me so much already..." She screws up her face, trying to work up the courage to ask all of you something important. "Will you be willing to sponsor me to begin training with the Pathfinder Society? I don't think I'll get much help from mum."

I'm sure Forrest can convince Rook and Brock that Colson is trustworthy enough that an IOU is as good as gold in the hand. ;)

Silver Crusade

Female Druid (wild whisperer) 2, Wizard (exploiter wizard) 2 | HP: 20/20, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 15* (T 11, FF 14*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 13 | F:+3* R:+1 W:+8 | Init +1 | Perc +7 (+2 beside Prickles), SM +3*, Diplomacy +1, WE +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: D1st: 2/3, W1st: 3/3 | Arcane Reservoir 5/5, Inspiration 3/5, Miracle Worker 1/1, Pearl of Power 1/1, Tireless Logic 1/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour

"Of course, J! I would love to sponsor you! Why, I'll come by tomorrow morning with the paperwork." After a moment, she admits. "You might have to meet me in the yard if they don't let me in the door..."

She blushes then, and smiles brightly. "You were very brave. Braver than I am. I'm sure you'll make a wonderful Pathfinder."

Liberty's Edge

M NG Halfling Swashbuckler 3 Panache 4/4 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +7, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +4, SM: +2| Speed 30ft | 4 AoO/Round | Parry Attacks
Bot Me!:
[dice=Rapier]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d4+3[/dice]

Forrest shakes the Major's hand, his face lit up with joy. "Thank you for taking the time to come down to meet us yourself, sir. It is a great honor, sir. And, sir? " The halfling looks up at the man, hands fidgeting with his beard, nervously tapping his toe. "Thanks. " Cheeks flushed with embarrassment, he backs away slowly.

---

At the mansion, Forrest smiles and pats J on the back. "Of course We'll sponsor you! You and your ghosty will fit in just fine! " Be smiles, happy to see their charge satisfied. Finally there will be an agent to make Arin McSweatyHands seem normal. Ah well, he's a pretty nice guy, sweaty or no.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4.1 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 19) | CMB +9 CMD 22 (FF 20) | HP 45/45 | Init +3 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +1 | Perception +5 | Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | Orc Ferocity 1/1 | Rage 12/12 | Draw Weapon as Free Action during Surprise Round | +2 STR & Ignore 2 Hardness to break object | Damage Reduction (2/-), (4/lethal) | Extreme Cold Endurance | Active Conditions:

Yaiho salutes the Major as he leaves.

---

Yaiho smiles down at J. "No worries. Yaiho sure you get in Society. Perhaps J and Yaiho adventure again with J as true member."

He gives a tusky grin, "If J's mother still not let J join Society then Yaiho break J out of mansion by crushing it."


Year of the Skykey

With a high-pitched "Squee!" J. throws her arms around Danicka. "You guys are the best!" She says excitedly making the rounds, hugging each and every one of you, gratefully thanking you for a fantastic and enlightening day. She laughs at Yaiho's comment. "Knowing my mother, I just might have to take you up on that offer." She smiles warmly. "If you come with Danicka tomorrow, and I don't come out right away, you have my permission to break down the door and conduct a rescue mission." She winks and moves on to the next victim, giving Rook a big hug. "When I'm an agent, I promise I'll pay you back for giving me that document, even though I gave it right back again. I won't let you or Brock down! Deals are deals after all." Kneeling down to give Arin the final hug, she says. "Thank you for helping me find meaning in my powers, Arin. I hope you too find the same thing one day."

Once everyone has had their hug, J. looks back to the front door and takes a deep breath to compose herself. "Time to face my mother! Wish me luck... Asmodeus knows what she's going to do when she meets Grishan." With that, she strides back into the mansion, her confident swagger back in full effect.

THE END!!!

Congratulations, you have successfully recruited Junia into the Pathfinder Society! She'll be hanging around from time to time now thanks to a boon on your sheets. Speaking of... If y'all can make your day job, faction rolls, or just let me know you're doing neither, I'll get your chronicle sheets up in no time. ;)

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 19, t 13, ff 17 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+7, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 8/8; 2nd 4/4 | Channel Positive Energy: 3/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 4/4 | Delay Affliction: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: None
GM ShieldBug wrote:
Kneeling down to give Arin the final hug, she says. "Thank you for helping me find meaning in my powers, Arin. I hope you too find the same thing one day."

Arin smiles back warmly, still more a rarity for him. "Thank you J. I think it's a long-haul for me. I'm grateful to help others along the way. I hope our paths cross again soon. You'll be a valuable teammate to many other Pathfinders in the very near future."

The Exchange

CN Male Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: 3, CMD: 16 | F:4 R:7 W:1 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (+4 Dex/-2 Wis/+2 AC)
Resources:
| Bombs: 8/9 | Extracts: (1st): 4/5 | Extracts: (2nd): 2/2

"Not a problem, J. Compared to some of our other...less sane clients...this job was peaceful."

---

"The kid isn't so bad! She already understands business...I could go for some celebration especially one that involves us finding those thugs from before to use up the bombs I brought with me today? Hungry Yaiho?" Rook jokes with the group.

Regardless of the groups decision on how to celebrate he cooks up an extract to help him create some wares to sell in his off-time.

Craft (Alchemy): 1d20 + 12 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 5 = 20

Liberty's Edge

M NG Halfling Swashbuckler 3 Panache 4/4 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +7, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +4, SM: +2| Speed 30ft | 4 AoO/Round | Parry Attacks
Bot Me!:
[dice=Rapier]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d4+3[/dice]

Forrest pauses J before she goes and asks, "Hey, you don't happen to know any noble ladies who are going to host a party soon, do you? I happen to be very entertaining. "

Perform, Dance: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4.1 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 19) | CMB +9 CMD 22 (FF 20) | HP 45/45 | Init +3 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +1 | Perception +5 | Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | Orc Ferocity 1/1 | Rage 12/12 | Draw Weapon as Free Action during Surprise Round | +2 STR & Ignore 2 Hardness to break object | Damage Reduction (2/-), (4/lethal) | Extreme Cold Endurance | Active Conditions:

Yaiho smiles. "Yaiho help Rook find thugs. Have fun with them, then go for tea and biscuits."

Silver Crusade

Female Druid (wild whisperer) 2, Wizard (exploiter wizard) 2 | HP: 20/20, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 15* (T 11, FF 14*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 13 | F:+3* R:+1 W:+8 | Init +1 | Perc +7 (+2 beside Prickles), SM +3*, Diplomacy +1, WE +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: D1st: 2/3, W1st: 3/3 | Arcane Reservoir 5/5, Inspiration 3/5, Miracle Worker 1/1, Pearl of Power 1/1, Tireless Logic 1/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour

Danicka blushes brightly. "See you tomorrow, then."

With a smile, Danicka and Prickles begin the walk back to the Grand Lodge. Hearing her companions chat she smiles.

Suddenly, she gasps.

"Oh, no killing anyone you two!" Danicka squeaks. "You leave those foolish drunks alone."


Year of the Skykey

EPILOGUE

J. cheers after Forrest's quick jig. "Oh, that was great! I'm actually supposed to be attending a party the Starday after next. You should meet with Lady Durrall's organisers, tell them Dacilane sent you." Then she adds with a mischievous wink, "Just don't tell them which one." Before disappearing into the Manor.

The next day, J. meets the Sponsoring Pathfinders outside her home, and she excitedly follows directions and fills out the paperwork to become an official Pathfinder Initiate. As a thank you, she also treats you to tea and cakes at the Grand Lodge cafe. Later, when Brock returns to his room, he finds a hefty bag of gold waiting for him along with a short note that reads: For furthering the cause of freedom.

---

Several weeks have passed since you helped J. start her training at the Grand Lodge, and you have had an extended hiatus as far as official missions are concerned. Actually, no one seems to be getting out, and the whole lodge is unusually full of restless agents awaiting something to do. However, you do bump into Venture-Captain Dreng at one point. "Ah, there you are! I've been meaning to talk you about something. It seems that- ACHOOO!" The sneeze comes without warning and almost knocks him over. He wipes his nose on the sleeve of his beggar's robes before continuing. "Excuse me. Allergies. With all these agents hanging around, the Grand Lodge has become a veritable menagerie of exotic animals. You wouldn't believe some of the pets these people drag around with them wherever they go. It's all getting a bit too much for my poor old sinuses I'm afraid. Anyhoo, I must dash. Cheerybye!" He starts to walk off, but suddenly remembers something. "Oh yes! I wanted to let you know that it seems the haunts at the Drownyard have all disappeared. Whatever you did, you did a grand job. Work there is going smoother than ever, and I wanted to personally thank you, agents, for your efforts. Well done!" With that he disappears back into the crowd.

Liberty's Edge

M NG Halfling Swashbuckler 3 Panache 4/4 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +7, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +4, SM: +2| Speed 30ft | 4 AoO/Round | Parry Attacks
Bot Me!:
[dice=Rapier]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d4+3[/dice]

Forrest looks sideways at Prickles. He whispers to Rook, "Ummm... Do you think Danicka is afraid to wash her dog? He still looks kind of sandy."

Silver Crusade

Female Druid (wild whisperer) 2, Wizard (exploiter wizard) 2 | HP: 20/20, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 15* (T 11, FF 14*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 13 | F:+3* R:+1 W:+8 | Init +1 | Perc +7 (+2 beside Prickles), SM +3*, Diplomacy +1, WE +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: D1st: 2/3, W1st: 3/3 | Arcane Reservoir 5/5, Inspiration 3/5, Miracle Worker 1/1, Pearl of Power 1/1, Tireless Logic 1/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour

Danicka claps her hands happily at hearing they've cleansed the Tri-Towers Yard of evil. After a moment she blushes and looks guiltily at Prickles.

"S-s-s-sorry, Venture Captain..." she squeaks.

Then she scurries off with Prickles to prevent him from getting more ill.

The Exchange

CN Male Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: 3, CMD: 16 | F:4 R:7 W:1 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (+4 Dex/-2 Wis/+2 AC)
Resources:
| Bombs: 8/9 | Extracts: (1st): 4/5 | Extracts: (2nd): 2/2

"Hah. I think you are on to something. Poor thing may be in over her head with that ball of angry fur." Rook replies trying to be quiet and as he does that Needle pops out.

The Exchange

CN Rhamphorhynchus Tumor Familiar (Sage Figment) | HP: 3/3 | AC: 15 T:15 FF:12 | CMB: 2, CMD: 9 | F:3 R:8 W:2 | Init: 3 | Speed: Base 30/Fly 40 (Good) | Active conditions: None
Skills:
Fly: 11 | Knowledge (Dungeoneering/Engineering): 3/2 | Perception: 6 | Stealth: 11

Needle crawls out and pecks at Rook's head before snatching some chalk to scribble on the board.

For you it is all IN your head. HA HA HA.

Then the little dino flys up and lets out of series of screeches to mimic laughing as closely as possible.

"Ree AH Ree AH Ree AH"


Year of the Skykey

The Segang Expedition

A few equally quiet days later, you each get a visit from a bored teenage initiate who informs you that, "Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin expects to meet you at noon tomorrow..." Before shuffling off, dejectedly muttering under his breath. "I wish I could get summoned for something better tasks than fetching coffee and agents... I'm ready dammit!"

The next day, the usual gang meet up outside Venture-Captain Valsin's door and step into a meeting in progress. "Ah, Falroun, these are the agents I was telling you about," Ambrus Valsin says. "Pathfinders, welcome! May I introduce Count Falroun Matsanda of Alkenstar." He gestures across his desk to a tall Garundi man with short black hair and gold-rimmed spectacles.

Valsin's guest stands and offers his hand in greeting as he speaks. "It is a true pleasure to meet you. I have purchased several antiquities from your Society in the past, and I have always wondered about the people who acquire such treasures. I must say, you do not disappoint!"

Valsin smiles at the compliment before continuing, "Agents, your next mission will take you to the island of Jalmeray. We've received reports that the ruins of a previously unknown temple have been found in a part of the Segang Jungle known as the Urapangi Lowlands. From its location, I think this temple could be one of those abandoned by the legendary Maharaja Khiben-Sald when he left Jalmeray over four thousand years ago. A temple untouched since Khiben-Sald's time would be a major find for the Society. Of course, getting to Jalmeray on such short notice poses some difficulties."

"I believe that's where I come in," the count interjects. "I'm arranging a hunting expedition to Jalmeray for myself and my new father-in-law, Baron Bomande Rudyahm. Bomande was quite the sportsman in his day. However, some years ago he was wounded during a tiger hunt in the Segang Jungle. He's been grumbling about getting revenge on the beast for so long that I thought taking him on a trip back to Segang might earn me some credit with the old man."

Ambrus Valsin continues: "Falroun has graciously offered to provide transport to and from Jalmeray and to outfit us with everything we need for our journey into the jungle. In exchange, you're going to help his father-in-law, the baron, with this tiger hunt and make sure he gets the better of the beast this time around, as it were. You'll have time to discuss the details of the hunt during your voyage to Jalmeray."

"A voyage for which I must make some final arrangements," adds Falroun, "I'm afraid I must depart. Once again, it is a pleasure to meet you. I look forward to our journey together." With a nod, he exits the room. As the count's footsteps recede down the hall, Ambrus Valsin's smile fades from his face. "Ordinarily, the Society would cover the costs of an expedition like this. However, our resources are stretched thin at the moment thanks to our campaigns in Varisia and the Worldwound. Until such time as those ventures pay off, we're going to have to rely on people like Count Matsanda to cover some of our operating expenses. I'm trusting you with the Society's reputation on this mission. Fulfil our end of this bargain by helping the baron bag his tiger, and try to make nice with at least one of these nobles. Now, unless you have any questions about this temple, go get your affairs in order. Your ship sails in the morning."

Welcome to the next exciting instalment of the Year of the Sky Key! Please make sure your information is up to date on slide 5 of the Handouts. Thanks!

Silver Crusade

Female Druid (wild whisperer) 2, Wizard (exploiter wizard) 2 | HP: 20/20, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 15* (T 11, FF 14*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 13 | F:+3* R:+1 W:+8 | Init +1 | Perc +7 (+2 beside Prickles), SM +3*, Diplomacy +1, WE +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: D1st: 2/3, W1st: 3/3 | Arcane Reservoir 5/5, Inspiration 3/5, Miracle Worker 1/1, Pearl of Power 1/1, Tireless Logic 1/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour

Danicka smiles gently at the initiate, wanting to offer him encouragement, but WAY too shy. Instead she blushes ineffectually.

She fetches ber backpack from her room, plops her favourite ugly hat on her head, and gives Prickles some encouragement.

"You're going to be great, today, I can feel it! Now, are you sure you're full? I don't want you biting any initiates today.... Well, okay... Here we go..."

Danicka arrives at the meeting room looking as frumpy as always. Her fancy, stylish clothes are nowhere to be seen. Instead she's back to wearing her too-big, shapeless, ugly brown robes, her floppy cotton shoes, and her big ugly hat. She clutches her broom in her hands with pride, while Prickles follows beside her--thankfully without the pink bow.

Danicka bows nervously, and blushes at the Count. "P-p-pleasure to m-m-meet you, sir!" she squeaks.

At his compliments she blushes even brighter.

I... I don't disappoint? That's so nice of him to say!

Danicka gasps as she hears the mission briefing. Ancient ruins?! Jalmeray?! A jungle expedition?! This was... amazing! Like an adventure hero!

...I'm going to be horrible!

Knowledge Geography on Jalmeray: 1d20 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 9 + (2) = 16
Knowledge Geography on Segang Jungle and Urapangi Lowlands: 1d20 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (17) + 9 + (6) = 32
Knowledge History on Maharaja Khiben-Sald: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Knowledge Nature on Jungles/jungle survival: 1d20 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (19) + 11 + (1) = 31 Most importantly: how hot is it, and are bugs a problem?
Note: the 1d6's are from Danicka's inspiration, which she can use for free on some nature-themed skills. Details on her profile if you want to check.

She smiles at the Baron shyly as he leaves. Upon hearing the rest of the mission details her eyes widen. Tiger hunting..? Befriending nobles...? Oh, dear... I'm AM going to be horrible at this...

"Tomorrow morning..? Oh, my... I think I'm going to need to go shopping..."

Selecting her spells now. She'll probably buy some things after the results of her knowledge check.

Liberty's Edge

M NG Halfling Swashbuckler 3 Panache 4/4 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +7, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +4, SM: +2| Speed 30ft | 4 AoO/Round | Parry Attacks
Bot Me!:
[dice=Rapier]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d4+3[/dice]

Forrest nods during the briefing, smiling at "tiger". Now this is an honorable opponent! Let's hope the old man doesn't demand to take it on by himself. The halfling looks at the Venture Captain curiously. "Why do you say, just one noble? Are you expecting the Count and his new Father to be at odds? " He sits back in his seat, prideful. I'm pretty good with talking nice nice to nobles. Making both of the brats happy shouldn't be hard. He smiles beneath his bushy red beard.

Later, Forrest asks another question. "What exactly do you want us to do once we arrive at the temple? Besides recording what we see and reporting back? " He sits his chin on his hand, confused why they are going at all.

The Exchange

Male Human cavalier [DC] 2 / gunslinger [MS] 1 | Init +2, Senses Perception +6 | AC 19/12/17 (+6 armor, +2 Dex, +1 Shield)Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +0, +2 vs curse, fear, and emotion effects | | HP 25/25 | Challenge 1/1 | Demoralize 1/1 | Grit 2/2 | Tactician 1/1 | Condition:

Brock smiles as he reaches his room and finds the bonus gold sitting on his cot. "At least these liberty folk keep their promises and pay promptly.".

He then spends his downtime up to his usual vices, spending his days and nights in various gambling dens and taverns. Occasionally getting into brawls over nothing, as an excuse to vent some of the pent up aggression sitting in one place seemed to foster in him.

Thinking back, he realizes that he's happiest on the move. For a good while now they had been based in Abaslom which was nice and all, probably as close as a thing to home as he knew, but his roving foot was really starting to itch. If these Pathfinders didn't get something interesting going soon, he figured it might be time to just move on along down he road, see what the horizon would bring.

---

When the initiate barges into his hangover, Brock gives him a ferocious growl in irritation.

Intimidation: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Before gathering his things and wandering to the lodge. Listening to the captain, Brock merely smiles and nods at his words of appreciation.

As is my due, of course I'm good

Hearing their task, he smiles in genuine pleasure.

Its like they were reading my mind. Foreign land, mysterious temple, dangerous game hunt, this is more my speed!

Before simply nodding to the Venture Captain and the count, "Should be well within our capabilities, consider the Tiger dead and the ruins under our control."

Quote:
"What exactly do you want us to do once we arrive at the temple? Besides recording what we see and reporting back? "

Hearing the halfling's question, Brock leans in to Forrest. "Evict or eliminate any natural, or unnatural, creatures we find in the ruins, of course. I hope its something nasty and fun, like Naga. Or Trolls, why can't we find some trolls."

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4.1 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 19) | CMB +9 CMD 22 (FF 20) | HP 45/45 | Init +3 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +1 | Perception +5 | Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | Orc Ferocity 1/1 | Rage 12/12 | Draw Weapon as Free Action during Surprise Round | +2 STR & Ignore 2 Hardness to break object | Damage Reduction (2/-), (4/lethal) | Extreme Cold Endurance | Active Conditions:

During the downtime, Yaiho spent his time trying to improve his stealth since he failed once again on doing some simple task for his Faction. He believes he has improved dramatically but will have to test it out later.

When not training, Yaiho is going around town sampling varies tea blends and improving on his own blend with what he has found.

Hehe... I see Yaiho at level 10 being a world-wide known Half-Orc Barbarian that has created a world famous tea blend. :P

---

He is eating some biscuits when the initiate appears to give them a summons. He snorts and then gives a smile. "Yaiho happy. Yaiho was getting bored."

Following the group with his newly enchanted Earthbreaker, he gets a mischievous look in his eyes and looks down at Pickles. He then pulls out one of Pickle's dog cookies. He whistles at Pickles to get his attention and then eats the dog cookie. Part of his stealth training. But purely Fluff for RPing. :P

---

When getting the details of the mission, he goes into all business mode but quickly his eyes glaze over with all the strange names. He loses understanding of what is truly being said. Only knows that group kills tiger and then explores ruins.

The Exchange

CN Male Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: 3, CMD: 16 | F:4 R:7 W:1 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (+4 Dex/-2 Wis/+2 AC)
Resources:
| Bombs: 8/9 | Extracts: (1st): 4/5 | Extracts: (2nd): 2/2

After listening to the briefing Rook can be heard grumbling and fidgeting with his bombs.

"The secrets I could learn in Alkenstar but instead we get to go hunting. We will have to make quick work of this beast."

He shakes his heads an puts up the supplies as others ask their questions and he too adds one of his own.

"A dangerous game. Nobles and beasts. Temples and jungles. Sounds like a lucrative task! Valsin? Have you ever been to Jalmeray? What are we expecting?"


Year of the Skykey

Danicka, dropping some knowledge, y'all!

Danicka knows an awful lot about what to expect, her brilliant mind whirring with information. She knows that Segang is hot and muggy this time of year, and, as a jungle, you should expect to encounter dangerous plants and animals, venomous creatures, and diseases such as Cackle Fever, Malaria, and Boot soup (so named for its ultimate result.) It's nowhere near as hot as it was in Thuvia, however, and the heat is not as dangerous. Although, due to the constant humidity, it is particularly hard to cool off, as sweat does not evaporate as readily and hence loses much of its cooling property.

Having read the leading treatise on jungle survival: Lost! by Troki Bimbosnia, Danicka knows how to pack for an expedition like this. Most importantly, she read that in the harsh jungle environment, equipment choices can make or break an adventurer. Heavy armour, in particular, becomes a curse when travelling in the jungle as heat, water hazards, quicksand, and dense forests all take their toll. Likewise, metal equipment glistens in the sunlight, quickly catching the attention of sharp-eyed predators, and annoying disease-carrying insects and naturally toxic flora and fauna pose constant problems easily skirted by precautionary gear choices such as vermin repellent.

As for the Umbrutani Lowlands, Danicka recalls that they are dominated by a sizeable freshwater swamp. As such, the area is rife with mosquitos and offers a slightly different mix of dangerous creatures deal with than the rest of the jungle. Furthermore, all the books that she has read on the subject state that travel through the region is particularly challenging as there are no game or hunting trails to follow.

Although geography and nature are her better subjects, Danicka does recall a little of the history of Jalmeray. Roughly 4 millennia ago, Khiben-Sald, greatest maharajah of the eastern empire of Vudra, and his travelling court were gifted the Isle of Jalmeray by Nex. They erected dozens of temples to their numerous gods and attracted a wide variety of strange elemental creatures to the isle in an effort to increase its considerable natural beauty and charm. When Khiben-Sald finally returned to his homeland, he left behind only a handful of glorious monuments and bound genies as a sign that he had ever been on Jalmeray at all.


Year of the Skykey

Back outside Danicka's head...

"At least one noble." Valsin corrects Forrest, "I don't know what to expect, but the two men hail from very different worlds and keeping them both happy could be difficult at times. Baron Bomande Rudyahm received his noble title as a reward for his service in the military. He's something of a war hero, and was instrumental in defending Alkenstar from invasion by the Gorilla King in 2690 AR. Falroun Matsanda is the youngest son of one of Alkenstar's wealthiest families, and his marriage to the baron's daughter bought him a great deal of political support. He's a serious up-and-comer in Alkenstar politics."

The Venture-Captain turns to Rook, and nods. "Quicker is better." He says, clearly happy with the confidence shown by the alchemist and Brock. "No, I've never been, but Segang is a typical jungle: hot, humid, and full of dangerous creatures. You may also encounter looters at the temple, if you don't get there fast enough." Turning back to Forrest, "That's what you should expect, what I expect is simple. The temples of Khiben-Sald were not only richly adorned, but also stored records of the Maharaja's journeys in the Inner Sea. If this temple has been untouched, the records may remain, and they would be an invaluable find for our scholars. Recover anything you can before looters pick the place dry."

Silver Crusade

Female Druid (wild whisperer) 2, Wizard (exploiter wizard) 2 | HP: 20/20, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 15* (T 11, FF 14*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 13 | F:+3* R:+1 W:+8 | Init +1 | Perc +7 (+2 beside Prickles), SM +3*, Diplomacy +1, WE +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: D1st: 2/3, W1st: 3/3 | Arcane Reservoir 5/5, Inspiration 3/5, Miracle Worker 1/1, Pearl of Power 1/1, Tireless Logic 1/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour

"Y-y-yes, sir!" Danicka stammers. "How long is the journey in the jungle expected to be?" I have a feeling I'm going to need a whole LOT of vermin repellent...

Then she turns and shares far too much information with her companions. Being particularly worried over the health of her friends, Danicka emphasizes insect safety.

Danicka's going to spend 2 PP on a wand of endure elements.

Liberty's Edge

M NG Halfling Swashbuckler 3 Panache 4/4 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +7, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +4, SM: +2| Speed 30ft | 4 AoO/Round | Parry Attacks
Bot Me!:
[dice=Rapier]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d4+3[/dice]

"Excellent, thank you sir. " Forrest nods. Clear on the mission. "Lets pick up a few things, then report to the nobles. " He smirks . "I'm sure they'll have a few rules about how we're supposed to stay out of their way during the tiger hunt. Until things get bloody, that is. " He winks at Yaiho, a smile on his face.

On the way to the market, he listens to Danicka's lecture. "Yes, I think I will pick up some Vermin Repellant as well. Rook, do you know of a bulk distributer? I think we may run a common stall out of stock. " Along the way, he stops at a man shouting beside a stall marked "Mildly Magical Clothing". "What do you mean, your cloaks can make us 'tougher in both mind and body'? Danicka, you mind checking this out for me? " After Danicka confirms that the cloak is indeed a Cloak of Resistance , Forrest buys one. Look at me: dashing, sophisticated and tough!

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4.1 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 19) | CMB +9 CMD 22 (FF 20) | HP 45/45 | Init +3 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +1 | Perception +5 | Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | Orc Ferocity 1/1 | Rage 12/12 | Draw Weapon as Free Action during Surprise Round | +2 STR & Ignore 2 Hardness to break object | Damage Reduction (2/-), (4/lethal) | Extreme Cold Endurance | Active Conditions:

Walking along the side of the group as they discuss what to get to prepare for the quest. "Yaiho think buy something to darken armor. Like tar or something."

The Exchange

CN Male Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: 3, CMD: 16 | F:4 R:7 W:1 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (+4 Dex/-2 Wis/+2 AC)
Resources:
| Bombs: 8/9 | Extracts: (1st): 4/5 | Extracts: (2nd): 2/2

Rook gives a sly smile when Forrest mentions if he knows someone.

"I do! There is a charming half-orc fellow that is part of a ring of alchemical experts. I will let him know! How many do we want ordered?" he starts to laugh but Needle seems less impressed.

I will buy (create on the boat) our repellent and let the team "borrow" it. I can match the DC with a take 10 for creation.

The Exchange

CN Rhamphorhynchus Tumor Familiar (Sage Figment) | HP: 3/3 | AC: 15 T:15 FF:12 | CMB: 2, CMD: 9 | F:3 R:8 W:2 | Init: 3 | Speed: Base 30/Fly 40 (Good) | Active conditions: None
Skills:
Fly: 11 | Knowledge (Dungeoneering/Engineering): 3/2 | Perception: 6 | Stealth: 11

Needle grabs some chalk and starts to scribble on the board.

CHARMING

He then eats the piece of chalk and hops around on Rooks shoulder as the half-orc swats at the dinosaur.

The Exchange

Male Human cavalier [DC] 2 / gunslinger [MS] 1 | Init +2, Senses Perception +6 | AC 19/12/17 (+6 armor, +2 Dex, +1 Shield)Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +0, +2 vs curse, fear, and emotion effects | | HP 25/25 | Challenge 1/1 | Demoralize 1/1 | Grit 2/2 | Tactician 1/1 | Condition:

As they walk Brock thinks back to the misery of Thuvia, as they pass the various markets he asks Danicka.

"Would these hot weather clothes I bought for that ambush the convoy mission help me in this different type of hot jungle? Because I've been carrying these darn things around for a good while now.", hoping that he billowing robes would help keep him cool in lieu of taking off his heavy armor, he consigned himself to a miserably hot time.

Silver Crusade

Female Druid (wild whisperer) 2, Wizard (exploiter wizard) 2 | HP: 20/20, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 15* (T 11, FF 14*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 13 | F:+3* R:+1 W:+8 | Init +1 | Perc +7 (+2 beside Prickles), SM +3*, Diplomacy +1, WE +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: D1st: 2/3, W1st: 3/3 | Arcane Reservoir 5/5, Inspiration 3/5, Miracle Worker 1/1, Pearl of Power 1/1, Tireless Logic 1/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour

Danicka blushes brightly and smiles at Forrest.

"I sure can!" She examines the cloak for authenticity, then gives Forrest a nod. "It's a lovely example of craftsmanship and enchantment, Forrest. And it looks quite dashing on you!"

Danicka smiles at Rook, then lets out a shriek at the sight of Needle. With a hand over her heart she stammers, "Th-th-thanks, Rook. That's really nice of you."

Suddenly, Danicka lets out an exclamation of joy. "This wand will be perfect!" She pays for a wooden wand with a white ribbon on its handle and shows it to the group. "With these we won't have to worry about the heat! It's perfect!" She clutches it to her chest and smiles. "Now you can wear whatever armour you want, guys!"

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 19, t 13, ff 17 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+7, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 8/8; 2nd 4/4 | Channel Positive Energy: 3/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 4/4 | Delay Affliction: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: None

As Arin listens to the explanation of the jungle conditions he begins to see if he can fit his (non mithral) chain shirt under his shirt. It doesn't go well. "Yaiho, I might need some of that tar too..."

He thinks some more about what is desired out of the mission. "So, he wants the old man to feel like he bagged a tigger, meaning we have to somehow let him feel like he did without letting him fall into real danger. Hmm...always a fine line to walk."

Liberty's Edge

M NG Halfling Swashbuckler 3 Panache 4/4 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +7, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +4, SM: +2| Speed 30ft | 4 AoO/Round | Parry Attacks
Bot Me!:
[dice=Rapier]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d4+3[/dice]

Forrest slaps Rook on the back, managing to overlook the scary bird-brain this time. "Thanks, friend! I never realized you could make things that don't explode! " He pauses and almost stutters. "They won't explode. Right? "

Silver Crusade

Female Druid (wild whisperer) 2, Wizard (exploiter wizard) 2 | HP: 20/20, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 15* (T 11, FF 14*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 13 | F:+3* R:+1 W:+8 | Init +1 | Perc +7 (+2 beside Prickles), SM +3*, Diplomacy +1, WE +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: D1st: 2/3, W1st: 3/3 | Arcane Reservoir 5/5, Inspiration 3/5, Miracle Worker 1/1, Pearl of Power 1/1, Tireless Logic 1/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour

Danicka pales at Forrest's words. "Oh, dear... I hope not..." she squeaks.

Silver Crusade

Female Druid (wild whisperer) 2, Wizard (exploiter wizard) 2 | HP: 20/20, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 15* (T 11, FF 14*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 13 | F:+3* R:+1 W:+8 | Init +1 | Perc +7 (+2 beside Prickles), SM +3*, Diplomacy +1, WE +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: D1st: 2/3, W1st: 3/3 | Arcane Reservoir 5/5, Inspiration 3/5, Miracle Worker 1/1, Pearl of Power 1/1, Tireless Logic 1/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour
Arin Qualnoh wrote:

As Arin listens to the explanation of the jungle conditions he begins to see if he can fit his (non mithral) chain shirt under his shirt. It doesn't go well. "Yaiho, I might need some of that tar too..."

He thinks some more about what is desired out of the mission. "So, he wants the old man to feel like he bagged a tigger, meaning we have to somehow let him feel like he did without letting him fall into real danger. Hmm...always a fine line to walk."

Haha! I hope it's a tigger... That sounds super fun.


Year of the Skykey

Hehe, that certainly would be interesting. :)

You spend the rest of the day shopping in preparation for the expedition, finding some excellent deals along the way. Early the next morning, you meet up and head to the docks where you are soon introduced to Baron Bomande Rudyahm. He's a handsome Garundi gentleman of advancing years, with a thick black moustache and greying hair at his temples. "Welcome to the expedition!" He booms, "So you're my babysitters are you?" With a friendly smile the Baron grabs each of your hands and shakes vigorously with a firm grip. "You look like you can handle yourselves. Gods, it feels so good to be on a proper hunt again after all these years having to content myself with the twisted and mutated game of the Mana Wastes." He gives you each one more appraising glance before continuing. "Anyway, I'm sure you have questions about how we plan on conducting this hunt, but we can go over all that at dinner in my cabin tonight. In the meantime, your bunks and chests for your gear are below deck. Head in now and get yourselves settled in. We'll speak more tonight." He then heads off to bark orders at the dockworkers, making sure all the crates are loaded just right. He walks with a prominent limp and carries a finely crafted walking cane to help him amble about.

Count Matsanda, who had done the introductions, watches the baron go with a wide smile of his own. "Excellent! Well, I shall leave you all to it then... Oh, do not be alarmed by all the cats down there. The Captain tells me they are good luck and was very insistent that we take a few with us on the voyage... I may have went overboard, if you will excuse the expression. Just try not to disturb them too much."

---

The ship sets sail soon after you stow your gear away, and the day passes uneventfully. As you enter the cabin for dinner, you see a garish display of food set before you. Rare fruits you have never seen, meats of all types, and several different vintages of wine. The Baron stands at the head of a long, dark wooden table with the Count next to him. "Ha! Your timing is perfect. Please, come in, sit down. I'm eager to learn more about my new hunting companions!" He gestures to the ornately carved chairs that surround the table and waits for you all to be seated before sitting back down himself. "Tell me, have any of you been to Jalmeray before?"

During dinner, Count Falroun also makes pleasant conversation and asks a few questions himself, inquiring about your most recent task as Pathfinder agents. "Valsin tells me you were visiting a graveyard recently, some sort of bodyguard work for a young noble I think he said. Is that the sort of thing you usually do? Was it terribly dangerous?"

Slide 4 now has the portraits of both nobles.

Silver Crusade

Female Druid (wild whisperer) 2, Wizard (exploiter wizard) 2 | HP: 20/20, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 15* (T 11, FF 14*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 13 | F:+3* R:+1 W:+8 | Init +1 | Perc +7 (+2 beside Prickles), SM +3*, Diplomacy +1, WE +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: D1st: 2/3, W1st: 3/3 | Arcane Reservoir 5/5, Inspiration 3/5, Miracle Worker 1/1, Pearl of Power 1/1, Tireless Logic 1/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour

Danicka blushes at being greeted by the friendly Baron, but is soon overwhelmed. She lets out a meek squeak of pain as he vigorously shakes her hand, which causes Prickles to bark and growl at the nobleman. Quickly, Danicka throws herself around her dog to stop him from biting a chunk out of the Baron they are assigned to protect.

"No! Don't eat him! Not for eating! Please?" she squeaks at her dog. "I'll get fired if you eat that man!"

As the men wander off, Danicka pales. "...Did he say, cats?" she squeaks nervously. "Oh, dear..."

Very nervously, Danicka and Prickles head below decks to get settled, to find a ton of furry felines. There's a fierce barking, a series of hisses, and growls. Danicka lets out a panicked shriek, and can be heard begging her dog to stop eating the lucky cats, but the howls of pain coming from below decks are a clear sign Prickles is not listening.

Eventually, there's no more growling, or hisses. What cats survived the hungry jaws of Prickles have gone into hiding, while Prickles eats a bunch of dead cats with pride.

Danicka looks around wide-eyed, with tears in her eyes. "...I'm going to be in so much trouble..."

She puts her bag away, puts her broom to good use, and gets cleaning. Other than a few stray blood stains and a suspiciously large pile of cat bones in the corner of her room, it seems relatively normal down there when she's done.

Well, here's hoping those cats weren't important...

---

At dinner, Danicka locks her poor dog in their room, to prevent the 'accidental' slaughter of any more of the ship's pets.

"You stay here, okay? Please? Don't bark too much. And if you happen to see a cat, don't eat it! Mice are alright though, I think.... Maybe? Okay, I'll be back..."

At the dinner table, her eyes widen in surprise at all the exotic food. She sits in one of the fancy chairs and stammers nervously. "N-n-no, Baron, sir. I haven't been to Jalmeray. Although I've read a lot about it..." She blushes brightly. "Not that a book can do it justice, of course..." She trails off into nervous silence.

"We do all kinds of work, sir... That last one was quite dangerous... But we managed to get though without..." With a glance at her companions, she decides they might not appreciate it if she told everyone they hadn't fought a single thing. Brock was always so worried about his reputation...

She stammers nervously for a bit, before falling silent. With a blush of her cheeks she takes a sip of some water and lets someone else finish the stories of their exploits.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4.1 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 19) | CMB +9 CMD 22 (FF 20) | HP 45/45 | Init +3 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +1 | Perception +5 | Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | Orc Ferocity 1/1 | Rage 12/12 | Draw Weapon as Free Action during Surprise Round | +2 STR & Ignore 2 Hardness to break object | Damage Reduction (2/-), (4/lethal) | Extreme Cold Endurance | Active Conditions:

Yaiho drools a little bit when told of many cats below. After looking around the top for a little bit he goes below to put his stuff away and perhaps have a snack. Unfortunately it seemed Pickles had beaten him to the cats and all of them were in hiding.

---

Joining the nobles and his companions for dinner and looks pleased at the show of food but goes about seeing if he can get a cup of tea before he thinks about eating.

When asked about their previous adventures, Yaiho thinks for a moment. "Hmm... Yaiho fight Faeries, Ghost, Plant-monsters, Zombies, Skeletons, and giant Croc. All crush by Yaiho."

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Male Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: 3, CMD: 16 | F:4 R:7 W:1 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (+4 Dex/-2 Wis/+2 AC)
Resources:
| Bombs: 8/9 | Extracts: (1st): 4/5 | Extracts: (2nd): 2/2

"Oh, no these will not explode. Did you want them to explode because I can make that happen? Either way! Let me know as I will start mixing them up whenever I get a chance." Rook laughs at the fear of explosions gives Forrest a pat on the back.

Would 6 doses be enough? If so I will acquire 6 doses for 10gp and spread them among us as needed.

---

Rook laughs when their "responsibility" is introduced and starts speaking of rules for the hunt.

The only rule is stay out of the blast zone...

He grunts at the thought but replies as the meeting wraps up "We could trade places. I wouldn't mind putting some Alkenstar engineering to use..."

The rest of the night is spent working on the vermin repellent for his allies to the soothing sounds of Danicka attempting to stop the murder of the feline crew. He sends out Needle to distract Prickles and scare Danicka while he is at it.

---

At dinner Rook takes pleasure in sampling the exotic meats and speaks up when the Count queries their history.

"The Society and The Exchange both have their hands in many pockets. That last escort mission was far less exciting than testing the security of transports and utilizing my arsenal of explosives."

He then turns to their hunter and answers his question with a glint in his eye, "No, I have not been to Jalmeray...but I am sure you will be able to fill us in on the locale and the target of your vengeance. Did you happen to bring any interesting items from Alkenstar for the hunt?"

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Rhamphorhynchus Tumor Familiar (Sage Figment) | HP: 3/3 | AC: 15 T:15 FF:12 | CMB: 2, CMD: 9 | F:3 R:8 W:2 | Init: 3 | Speed: Base 30/Fly 40 (Good) | Active conditions: None
Skills:
Fly: 11 | Knowledge (Dungeoneering/Engineering): 3/2 | Perception: 6 | Stealth: 11

Needle stayed quiet for most of the trip but back in their quarters the commotion was far too curious for him to stay put. He flew out into the corridors to see Prickles having a veritable buffet of catsnacks.

The pterosaur flew above the slaughter observing and occasionally drawing on the walls of the area.

STOP!

HEEL!

I GIVE UP!

After a time he drops the chalk on Prickles head and returns to his master writing on the chalk board on his bunk.

Glad I'm not a cat...

Liberty's Edge

M NG Halfling Swashbuckler 3 Panache 4/4 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +7, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +4, SM: +2| Speed 30ft | 4 AoO/Round | Parry Attacks
Bot Me!:
[dice=Rapier]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d4+3[/dice]

Forrest bows deeply upon meeting the noble, reverting back to old habits. The smile never leaves his face. Though, knowing him well, you can see he is pained to be so subservient. "Of course, Sir. We will see you at dinner. " The halfling takes his loyal mule and their bags down into the hold without another word. Ah, cats. Those are an excellent breed. Quiet, serene, and continuing such grace! I will have to study them on our journey.

Later, Forrest can be seen chasing cats around the hallway, then slamming the door to his quarters shut. The curious will find several cats inside, hiding from Prickles. Just goes to show, bestial strength will always overcome the form of a dancer. Perhaps that is why Yaiho always receives the honor of the final takedown.

At dinner, Forrest looks at his plate. "I'm afraid I have never been to far off Jalmeray, sir. I am excited at the prospect, however. Can you give us any tips or advice based on your journeys? " He obviously wants the noble's respect, and sincerely asks the question.

He smiles at Yaiho's description of their adventures. "It is often dangerous, or spooky. Fear not, we have braved harsh environments, undead terrors, and tricksey fey. We will keep you safe from this tiger. Speaking of, how do you envision this hunt going? What do you hope our role will be? " Forrest cocks his head and waits for a response. We must try to satisfy both of these nobles, but this man is probably the most important.

The Exchange

Male Human cavalier [DC] 2 / gunslinger [MS] 1 | Init +2, Senses Perception +6 | AC 19/12/17 (+6 armor, +2 Dex, +1 Shield)Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +0, +2 vs curse, fear, and emotion effects | | HP 25/25 | Challenge 1/1 | Demoralize 1/1 | Grit 2/2 | Tactician 1/1 | Condition:

Brock uses his brilliant friendly smile with the Baron, as he was a likable guy from the first, and sucking up to Baron's usually a useful habit.

"Ah yes, we are a very capable group, we have easily defeated every foe the gods have seen fit to throw at us. But babysitters? No, you, good Sir, seem to be fit enough to take care of yourself. Consider us simply torchbearers."

Seeing the profusion of cats causes Brock to snort. He had no problems with the critters, but there was a limit to cute furry things that he could stand, though he did wince a bit hearing Prickles go on a massacre.

This is why I prefer horses

He lets off a low whistle at the spread for dinner, amazed at the selection, especially on a ship, where preparation and table settings were always tricky.

Continuing his companions' comments about travel, Brock answers "I myself, have not yet visited Jalmeray. I do look forward to a new place to experience. Though our travels have taken us far and wide, the business in Thuvia was probably one of our more impressive victories. You should have seen the looks on the faces of the guards when we set our ambush. And that bandit that I charged with a couched lance, ah... " he launches into embellished stories of their myriad adventures, predictably slightly altering the tales to bolster his fame and prowess, while also throwing the occasional overly descriptive details in an attempt to get Danicka to turn green. He did make sure to embellish the other member's roles and heroics as well, because a truly famous adventurer like himself would only travel with nearly equally impressive figures.

Well, this group is certainly impressive, with the exception of Danicka. Though she does come in useful from time to time.

Silver Crusade

Female Druid (wild whisperer) 2, Wizard (exploiter wizard) 2 | HP: 20/20, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 15* (T 11, FF 14*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 13 | F:+3* R:+1 W:+8 | Init +1 | Perc +7 (+2 beside Prickles), SM +3*, Diplomacy +1, WE +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: D1st: 2/3, W1st: 3/3 | Arcane Reservoir 5/5, Inspiration 3/5, Miracle Worker 1/1, Pearl of Power 1/1, Tireless Logic 1/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour

"Eeeek!" Danicka shrieks, as Needles harasses her and Prickles. "N-n-not my eyes!"

---

At the dinner table, Danicka--quite predictably--begins to look pale at Brock's more graphic descriptions of their battles. She fans herself, and takes a sip of water.

Don't faint! DON'T FAINT! You'll never live it down...

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 19, t 13, ff 17 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+7, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 8/8; 2nd 4/4 | Channel Positive Energy: 3/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 4/4 | Delay Affliction: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: None
Danicka Raburnus wrote:
Arin Qualnoh wrote:
He thinks some more about what is desired out of the mission. "So, he wants the old man to feel like he bagged a tigger, meaning we have to somehow let him feel like he did without letting him fall into real danger. Hmm...always a fine line to walk."
Haha! I hope it's a tigger... That sounds super fun.

Yes, that was totally on purpose... not a bus-typo at all...

Arin takes note of Bomande's limp. Well, that certainly makes it harder to convince him that the tiger will be his accomplishment.

After they head below deck to settle in, Arin immediately notices the abundance of cats. He wasn't kidding. One in particular, a black shorthair with (seemingly) glowing green eyes, approaches Arin immediately and rubs its body on his leg and shoe the entire time he's settling into his bunk.

Then Prickles comes down and the carnage begins...

Arin takes his favored feline and hides it in his bunk for its protection. While at dinner he squirrels away some of the food that he's served to feed his new cat later on. After the massacre he becomes focused on preserving at least the one life below deck and simply listens in as the others ask the requisite questions of the baron. Besides, he's not the best in the group at embellished tales.


Year of the Skykey

Settling in...

Fortunately, all hands were on deck when the fluffy massacre occurred. With the shouts and furious activity in getting the ship to sea, no one heard (or paid much mind to) the panicked shrieks or the sounds of barking and a flurry of felines hissing as the flee into Forrest's and Arin's rooms. However, by the time it is all over, the ship is almost cleaner than when you arrived, and Prickles is far too full to cause any more trouble for a few hours as he sleeps off the feast. Let's just hope, no one will remember just how many cats were brought on board.

At dinner...

Rudyahm twirls his moustache as the Pathfinders share their stories, laughs heartily at Brock's tales, and joins in with a few boasts of his own. "...Burst like an overripe tomato! Haha, that's Alkanstar engineering for you..." He adds to Rook, "We have rifles that can shoot the hairs off a gnat's ass from a hundred paces. We've got crates of them in down in the hold if you want to have a look! During the war, firearms like those were paramount to our victory. There was this one time when my regiment was surrounded by..." He continues to tell his own tales of heroism, clearly enjoying the company.

Count Falroun, however, is looking almost as pale as Danicka as the gruesome stories are shared with such mirth between the baron and some of the Pathfinders. Although, he does seem a little emboldened by Forrest's reassurances and starts quietly answering the halfling's questions as another round of booming laughter erupts from the baron. "Chiefly, you are to ensure the baron's safety and success during the hunt for that tiger. The Pathfinder Society, I am assured, is a repository of the best guides, hunters, and bodyguards money can buy." He smiles at Forrest, clearly believing it to be true. "There is... Another matter, but it's a little more delicate." He starts speaking even quieter, a quick glance towards Rudyahm to make sure he isn't listening. "But I'll come to you at the appropriate time to discuss that."

Finally, when the stories between Brock and the baron have started to dwindle, he starts answering your questions about Jalmeray. "The best piece of advice I can give you is to stick to the game trails. We'll be travelling for days in that jungle, and no matter how much privacy you feel you need, do not wander into the jungle alone! I can't tell you how many men I have lost because they needed a $!#* in the middle of the night. Stay with the camp where the fires warn off predators... Although, even that didn't help during my last expedition to Segang..." Baron Rudyahm's face grows stern as he recalls bygone events. He stares off into the middle distance, eyes narrowed. "There were four of us on that trip, plus a half dozen porters or so. It was our seventh day in the bush. We'd had a bad day hunting on the trail, so we split off to the west to follow a little stream deeper into the jungle. The tiger came for us that night, despite our campfires. He must have been young to be so bold. I never saw most of the carnage. All I could hear were screams, gunshots, and men begging for help in the darkness."

"With the gun smoke and the darkness, I could barely see the end of my musket. Something took a right nasty bite out of my leg, but I wheeled and unloaded my gun in its direction. I must have only clipped it, yet that was enough to startle the beast. The only glimpse I caught was its striped haunch and tail bleeding as it ran off into the darkness. I managed to limp my way out of the jungle on my one good leg, and that was the end of it. Ah, but we're going to catch that stripey bastard this time, eh? We'll give him what for this time around."

Are there any more questions before the end of dinner?

1,251 to 1,300 of 1,594 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] GM ShieldBug's The Year of the Sky Key - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.