[PFS] GM ShieldBug's The Year of the Sky Key

Game Master ShieldBug

Maps and Handouts


1,501 to 1,550 of 1,594 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4.1 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 19) | CMB +9 CMD 22 (FF 20) | HP 45/45 | Init +3 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +1 | Perception +5 | Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | Orc Ferocity 1/1 | Rage 12/12 | Draw Weapon as Free Action during Surprise Round | +2 STR & Ignore 2 Hardness to break object | Damage Reduction (2/-), (4/lethal) | Extreme Cold Endurance | Active Conditions:

Rubbing his tusk when Rook's warning picks up his attention. "What you run away from, tell now!" He directs at the looters.

Intimidation: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

But still a little too distracted to put any *OOF* behind his tone.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 19, t 13, ff 17 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+7, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 8/8; 2nd 4/4 | Channel Positive Energy: 4/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 4/4 | Delay Affliction: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: None

As Aviska and her thugs start to back down, Arin casts light on himself and moves up just past Danicka to help Brock and Rook inspect the darkness.

he will re-cast light as needed, going forward

"You two, what are you so afraid of back there? What has you looking over your shoulders?"


Year of the Skykey

"No ambush, sir! I swear..." Says the man on the left as the man on the right nods vehemently. "Yeah, we don't want no trouble. We're just honest looters like you, please don't kill us!" They give Yaiho a wide birth as they run for the stairs, Aviska follows at a more measured pace, stopping briefly beside Forrest to say. The two men are almost gone by the time Needle has finished warning that their fearful behaviour isn't wholly due to Brock's threats. "Evil!" One of the men shout back at the many questions as he runs down the stairs. "Hideous evil!" The other confirms. Aviska sighs and stops next to Forrest, completely unaffected by Yaiho's threats, but she decides to share anyway. "So that you don't blame us..." She glances back the way she came, the shadows from her torch flickering dramatically off her face. "A terrible evil lurks at the heart of this temple. If it kills your friends, remember that I warned you before you start looking for revenge." She turns to Arin and adds. "It looked like a pair of spiked devils, interwoven through bodily cavities and impaling limbs..." She suppresses a shudder. "But you want the loot, so it's your problem now."

To identify the creature based on a vague description.

Know. Planes (DC 22):
It sounds like Aviska is describing an adhukait. A type of outsider known as an asura that appears to be two connected creatures, but is actually one entity with two minds. Most asuras share a cohesive philosophy that culminates in nothing less than the systematic destruction of everything the gods have had a hand in creating.

Just before she leaves, Aviska turns to Brock with a look of disgust as he winks and makes kiss noises. "Is that right? Well, maybe I will one day... It'll be interesting to see how tough you are without all your friends around." She says, her eyes sparkling with arcane energy. Then she flees into the jungle, following in the footsteps of the others.

You head into the room the looters had just been standing in, and get a good look around for the first time. A mosaic of a monkey-faced figure decorates the floor of this room, though the tiles that would form its eyes are missing. The north end of the room is filled with rubble blocking an arched passageway. To the west, vines and foliage intrude into the temple through an open-air balcony, while a similar balcony to the east remains relatively clear of plant life. Peering through the darkness with the aid of Danicka and Arin's magic you make out another sack that must have been dropped by the looters as they ran from the evil they spoke of. Several gold rings are scattered on the floor around it.

Searching through the loot the others left for you, you find a coral pendant in the shape of monkey, six jewelled tiles that must be worth something, and what seems to be an apple made of solid gold. The abandoned sack contains twelve gold rings and a shining, jewel-like scale bindi.

Know. Religion (DC 15):
You recognise the coral pendant to a holy symbol of the Vudrani monkey god Ragdya.

Detect Magic & Spellcraft (DC 19):
You recognise the golden apple as an alluring golden apple.

Detect Magic & Spellcraft (DC 26):
You recognise the bindi to be a powerful magic item known as a naga scale bindi (guardian naga).

Appraise (DC 20):
The tiles are worth 5gp each to the right buyer, and the rings are worth 10gp each by weight of gold.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4.1 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 19) | CMB +9 CMD 22 (FF 20) | HP 45/45 | Init +3 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +1 | Perception +5 | Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | Orc Ferocity 1/1 | Rage 12/12 | Draw Weapon as Free Action during Surprise Round | +2 STR & Ignore 2 Hardness to break object | Damage Reduction (2/-), (4/lethal) | Extreme Cold Endurance | Active Conditions:

Yaiho watches the looters flee and then follows the group into the ruins himself.

"A lot of monkeys. Builders must of liked monkeys."

He glances at the loot but nothing seems to interest him that much since nothing screams out warrior tools to him.

Scanning the possible paths to go, Yaiho decides the only easy path would be the east balcony and heads there.

The Exchange

Male Human cavalier [DC] 2 / gunslinger [MS] 1 | Init +2, Senses Perception +6 | AC 19/12/17 (+6 armor, +2 Dex, +1 Shield)Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +0, +2 vs curse, fear, and emotion effects | | HP 25/25 | Challenge 1/1 | Demoralize 1/1 | Grit 2/2 | Tactician 1/1 | Condition:

Brock watches Avista leave with slight admiration in his eyes, muttering "I kinda like that one, my style" before wandering over to the sacks of loot and looking it over.

"Shiny. But I don't suppose we will be allowed to melt the gold down and keep it so it's just junk to me" he says as he wanders towards the temple entrance, watching for danger and grumbling about heroes not having the sense to make a proper profit on their own sweat and blood.

Maybe if I do see that Avista again we can join forces, I haven't been a proper bandit in ages

Liberty's Edge

M NG Halfling Swashbuckler 3 Panache 4/4 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +7, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +4, SM: +2| Speed 30ft | 4 AoO/Round | Parry Attacks
Bot Me!:
[dice=Rapier]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d4+3[/dice]

Forrest goes over to check out the stash. "Well, no clue what this stuff is, but it's got to be worth something. " He shows the items to Danicka, Arin and Rook before packing them up.

Appraise : 1d20 ⇒ 6

" Anybody see any evil? I just see cool monkey statues. " He looks around, taking in the room.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Druid (wild whisperer) 2, Wizard (exploiter wizard) 2 | HP: 20/20, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 15* (T 11, FF 14*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 13 | F:+3* R:+1 W:+8 | Init +1 | Perc +7 (+2 beside Prickles), SM +3*, Diplomacy +1, WE +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: D1st: 2/3, W1st: 3/3 | Arcane Reservoir 5/5, Inspiration 3/5, Miracle Worker 1/1, Pearl of Power 1/1, Tireless Logic 1/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour

Danicka shudders at all this talk of evil. "Oh, dear... We... We need to stop whatever is inside!"

Using her tireless logic ability to roll twice on the knowledge the planes check and keep the best result.

Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21 Oh, so close! Haha.

Then she turns her attention to the piles of loot. She mutters quietly to herself and aims a hand at the treasure. Casting detect magic.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Appraise: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Danicka picks up one of the scales from the treasure. "Oh, my... This is... Wow! I can affix this to someone's forehead. It will make you look rather... ummm... reptilian.... And you may sprout a cobra's hood on your neck... But if grants you the ability to see in the dark, it thickens your skin, and grants you a bite attack that injects a powerful venom into your targets. You can also spit venom from your mouth a few times a day. It's amazing that this is here and... Oh, my it sounds terrifying! Does anyone... want it?" She asks. Clearly she expects the transformation to be terrifying and kind of hopes no one wants to use it...

Open the DC 26 spellcraft spoiler for further details.

There's also something else magical in the treasure, but I can't figure it out..." Or so I assume from the two separate spellcraft checks, haha.

With the treasure dealt with, Danicka clutches her staff tightly in her hands and follows the others to the east balcony.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4.1 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 19) | CMB +9 CMD 22 (FF 20) | HP 45/45 | Init +3 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +1 | Perception +5 | Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | Orc Ferocity 1/1 | Rage 12/12 | Draw Weapon as Free Action during Surprise Round | +2 STR & Ignore 2 Hardness to break object | Damage Reduction (2/-), (4/lethal) | Extreme Cold Endurance | Active Conditions:

Yaiho seems interested for a moment about being able to have his razortusk give poison but shakes his head. "Venom probably make enemy taste bad."

The Exchange

CN Rhamphorhynchus Tumor Familiar (Sage Figment) | HP: 3/3 | AC: 15 T:15 FF:12 | CMB: 2, CMD: 9 | F:3 R:8 W:2 | Init: 3 | Speed: Base 30/Fly 40 (Good) | Active conditions: None
Skills:
Fly: 11 | Knowledge (Dungeoneering/Engineering): 3/2 | Perception: 6 | Stealth: 11

Needle squawks back as they say evil almost offended but also keeps looking down the hallway fearful of the danger.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Male Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: 3, CMD: 16 | F:4 R:7 W:1 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (+4 Dex/-2 Wis/+2 AC)
Resources:
| Bombs: 8/9 | Extracts: (1st): 4/5 | Extracts: (2nd): 2/2

Rook growls as they speak of the evil and gives Needle a few pieces of chalk. He nervously and quickly helps work through the new treasure they have acquired.

Appraise: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

"These tiles and rings will fetch us some decent gold when we return to town. Roughly 5 gold pieces a tile and 10 per ring. Hopefully there are more where this comes from." he says with a wide tusky grin.

As he finishes weighing and valuing the treasure he hears mention of the magical bindi and considers it for a moment.

"I can already see fine in the dark if someone else is interested. I think Forrest would make a terrifying Naga! What do you guys think?" he laughs a bit.

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
M NG Halfling Swashbuckler 3 Panache 4/4 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +7, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +4, SM: +2| Speed 30ft | 4 AoO/Round | Parry Attacks
Bot Me!:
[dice=Rapier]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d4+3[/dice]

Forrest looks back and tosses his hair, as a joke. "I would look FABULOUS as a naga." He reaches out his hand and takes the scale. "I'll save this for that evil thing." He grins an evil smile. "Hopefully it's fey."

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 19, t 13, ff 17 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+7, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 8/8; 2nd 4/4 | Channel Positive Energy: 4/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 4/4 | Delay Affliction: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: None
GM ShieldBug wrote:
Just before she leaves, Aviska turns to Brock with a look of disgust as he winks and makes kiss noises. "Is that right? Well, maybe I will one day... It'll be interesting to see how tough you are without all your friends around." She says, her eyes sparkling with arcane energy. Then she flees into the jungle, following in the footsteps of the others.

"Brock, she had a bit of a sparkle in her eye. She either likes you or wanted to destroy you. I think it's the first one. I wonder what this devil is though..."

Arin mutters a short prayer under his breath... cast guidance
knowledge (planes), guidance: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 1 = 11

Frustrated, he mutters the same prayer again and taps Danicka on the shoulder.

Cast guidance and please retcon it onto Danicka's planes roll? :D

After Danicka mentions a remaining magical aura in the loot pile...

cast guidance
cast detect magic
spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 1 = 16

"Whatever it is, I cannot tell right now."

The Exchange

Male Human cavalier [DC] 2 / gunslinger [MS] 1 | Init +2, Senses Perception +6 | AC 19/12/17 (+6 armor, +2 Dex, +1 Shield)Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +0, +2 vs curse, fear, and emotion effects | | HP 25/25 | Challenge 1/1 | Demoralize 1/1 | Grit 2/2 | Tactician 1/1 | Condition:
Arin wrote:
"Brock, she had a bit of a sparkle in her eye. She either likes you or wanted to destroy you. I think it's the first one. I wonder what this devil is though..."

Brock grins at the gnome.

"Not knowing if they want to bed me or burn me is what makes it fun. Might be an interesting night if I run across that one again..."

Listening to the group discuss what is below in the temple, Brock follows Yaiho to the halls inward, musket ready.

"Whatever it is, we need to get down there and explore this place regardless. Might as well get moving."

I didn't mention earlier, but Brock is loaded with cold iron (his standard load) in the musket, normal lead and silver in the buckler

Silver Crusade

Female Druid (wild whisperer) 2, Wizard (exploiter wizard) 2 | HP: 20/20, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 15* (T 11, FF 14*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 13 | F:+3* R:+1 W:+8 | Init +1 | Perc +7 (+2 beside Prickles), SM +3*, Diplomacy +1, WE +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: D1st: 2/3, W1st: 3/3 | Arcane Reservoir 5/5, Inspiration 3/5, Miracle Worker 1/1, Pearl of Power 1/1, Tireless Logic 1/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour

Because of guidance:

"Oh, dear..." Danicka gasps. "It sounds like that woman was describing an adhukait. They're a type of outsider known as an asura that appears to be two connected creatures, but is actually one entity with two minds. Most asuras share a cohesive philosophy that culminates in nothing less than the systematic destruction of everything the gods have had a hand in creating. They're... horrible!"

"We really need to stop them. Let's hurry!"

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4.1 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 19) | CMB +9 CMD 22 (FF 20) | HP 45/45 | Init +3 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +1 | Perception +5 | Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | Orc Ferocity 1/1 | Rage 12/12 | Draw Weapon as Free Action during Surprise Round | +2 STR & Ignore 2 Hardness to break object | Damage Reduction (2/-), (4/lethal) | Extreme Cold Endurance | Active Conditions:

Yaiho snorts at the description Danicka gives of the demon. "Yaiho only one that crush. Yaiho crush asura-thing and prove Yaiho is better crusher."

Silver Crusade

Female Druid (wild whisperer) 2, Wizard (exploiter wizard) 2 | HP: 20/20, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 15* (T 11, FF 14*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 13 | F:+3* R:+1 W:+8 | Init +1 | Perc +7 (+2 beside Prickles), SM +3*, Diplomacy +1, WE +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: D1st: 2/3, W1st: 3/3 | Arcane Reservoir 5/5, Inspiration 3/5, Miracle Worker 1/1, Pearl of Power 1/1, Tireless Logic 1/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour

"I hope you are!" Danicka replies with worry.


Male Thuvian Desert Dog (wolf) Animal Companion | HP: 21/21 | AC 21* (T13, FF 18*) | CMB: +4 CMD: 16 | F:+5 R:+6 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc +5 (+7 adjacent to Danicka) | Speed 50 ft. | Combat Reflexes: 4/4, Active Conditions: Mage Armour

As his pet worries Prickles lets out a growl.

He sniffs at the way ahead...

Silver Crusade

Female Druid (wild whisperer) 2, Wizard (exploiter wizard) 2 | HP: 20/20, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 15* (T 11, FF 14*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 13 | F:+3* R:+1 W:+8 | Init +1 | Perc +7 (+2 beside Prickles), SM +3*, Diplomacy +1, WE +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: D1st: 2/3, W1st: 3/3 | Arcane Reservoir 5/5, Inspiration 3/5, Miracle Worker 1/1, Pearl of Power 1/1, Tireless Logic 1/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour

Turning to her dog, Danicka pats his head. "Auw, of course you're a good crusher, too, dear," she coos.

The Exchange

CN Male Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: 3, CMD: 16 | F:4 R:7 W:1 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (+4 Dex/-2 Wis/+2 AC)
Resources:
| Bombs: 8/9 | Extracts: (1st): 4/5 | Extracts: (2nd): 2/2

"If she doesn't burn you I always can, Brock." Rook says with a smirk as he gets ready to tackle whatever this Asura thing is.

He sets up behind Yaiho so he has a clear shot to crush whatever is ahead.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 19, t 13, ff 17 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+7, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 8/8; 2nd 4/4 | Channel Positive Energy: 4/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 4/4 | Delay Affliction: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: None

The closer he gets to the dark passage, the more he looks like a glowing bulb bouncing above the ground.

"I assume one of us with light should stay near the front of the line? Shall we proceed into the darkness?"


Year of the Skykey

I'm back! :)

A narrow path extends between the exterior wall and the thick web of vines and tree branches that cover the temple's walls. With Arin lighting the way, you enter the heart of the temple, and your eyes are immediately drawn to the 20-foot-tall, high-relief sculpture of a mountain that dominates the north end of this large chamber. A statue of a figure now missing its head sits in the lotus position at the mountain's peak, while smaller statues of monkey-faced pilgrims rest on ledges farther down the mountain. Shattered pieces of yet more monkey statues litter the floor. The southern half of the room is filled with rubble, obstructing an arched passageway to the south. In the centre of the room, a small enclosed shrine made of dark brown stone faces south toward the rubble. A hallway to the west leads to a balcony overrun by foliage.

Okay, so since you've had a warning and Danicka (thanks to Arin's guidance) sort of knows what lies in wait, feel free to do some buffing before you enter the room. Please place yourselves on the map within the dotted lines, and we'll get started. :)

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M NG Halfling Swashbuckler 3 Panache 4/4 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +7, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +4, SM: +2| Speed 30ft | 4 AoO/Round | Parry Attacks
Bot Me!:
[dice=Rapier]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d4+3[/dice]

Forrest enters the room and shivers. So many little monkey men... they're a little less cute now. His rapier in one hand, he reaches into his pocket with the other. Fingers fondling the blue gem, he gives in to temptation and slaps it on his forehead. Quickly, he turns his the others. "Look! I'm a princess! " He smiles and points to his pretty jewel. Yet, as he does so, his face starts to warp, bubble and change.

His skin hardens and gains a blue-ish hue, with his eyes squinting then locking in that position. He bends over and starts coughing, and a forked tongue can be seen tasting the air. After a few hacking coughs, he spits out a small blob of blue saliva, which fizzes when it hits the ground. Sighing, he stands back up. Suddenly, he is taller, almost Brock's height, his neck having extended and deformed. Underneath his mane of hair, you can see Forrest's shoulders have grown to merge with his neck and ears, creating a hood of sorts.

Part man, part snake, Forrest blinks a few times and looks at each of you in turn. "Whoa... you guys look kind of funny... Did it get brighter in here? " He reaches up to scratch his head and knocks his fingers into his new cobra hood. His face droops. "Uhh... guys? What's going on? "

The Exchange

Male Human cavalier [DC] 2 / gunslinger [MS] 1 | Init +2, Senses Perception +6 | AC 19/12/17 (+6 armor, +2 Dex, +1 Shield)Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +0, +2 vs curse, fear, and emotion effects | | HP 25/25 | Challenge 1/1 | Demoralize 1/1 | Grit 2/2 | Tactician 1/1 | Condition:

Brock chuckles at Rooks offer, "Thanks Rook, but you're not quite my type."

Still chuckling he moves into the temple, stepping over shattered monkey bits before noticing Forrest go all Danicka, putting the possibly cursed magic item on his head.

Watching the transformation with one eye, the other watching for this terrible, horrible, ancient evil or whatever he comments.

"Thats a good look for your Forrest, I bet you'll kill it with the tavern wenches like that! Although, " slightly more thoughtful, "I bet if you raided a few slaver compounds in that getup you'll get a pretty impressive reputation among those scumbags."

With that he settles in to cover the group as they finish exploring this temple and inevitably confront the horrid evil thing.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4.1 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 19) | CMB +9 CMD 22 (FF 20) | HP 45/45 | Init +3 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +1 | Perception +5 | Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | Orc Ferocity 1/1 | Rage 12/12 | Draw Weapon as Free Action during Surprise Round | +2 STR & Ignore 2 Hardness to break object | Damage Reduction (2/-), (4/lethal) | Extreme Cold Endurance | Active Conditions:

Watching Forest change with fascination, Yaiho keeps silent until the transformation is done. He then nods, "Forrest looks prettier now."

After the entertainment of watching Forrest change, he moves on into the temple, ready for a good fight.

Silver Crusade

Female Druid (wild whisperer) 2, Wizard (exploiter wizard) 2 | HP: 20/20, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 15* (T 11, FF 14*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 13 | F:+3* R:+1 W:+8 | Init +1 | Perc +7 (+2 beside Prickles), SM +3*, Diplomacy +1, WE +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: D1st: 2/3, W1st: 3/3 | Arcane Reservoir 5/5, Inspiration 3/5, Miracle Worker 1/1, Pearl of Power 1/1, Tireless Logic 1/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour

Danicka quickly uses three scrolls on her companions, one on herself, one on Forrest, then one on Yaiho. Casting shield on myself, Forrest and Yaiho. +4 shield bonus for 1 minute.

As she turns to find that Forrest has transformed behind her back she lets out a shriek. "Eeeek!" Her eyes widen, and she blushes. "OH! I'm SO sorry. That was supposed to happen. It's worked just fine. You just... startled me." Her voice trails off into silence. Then she clutches her staff tightly in her hands and faces the upcoming battle.

"Oh, dear..."


Male Thuvian Desert Dog (wolf) Animal Companion | HP: 21/21 | AC 21* (T13, FF 18*) | CMB: +4 CMD: 16 | F:+5 R:+6 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc +5 (+7 adjacent to Danicka) | Speed 50 ft. | Combat Reflexes: 4/4, Active Conditions: Mage Armour

Prickles walks into the temple at Danicka's side. He gives the air a sniff, and lets out a growl...

Liberty's Edge

M NG Halfling Swashbuckler 3 Panache 4/4 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +7, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +4, SM: +2| Speed 30ft | 4 AoO/Round | Parry Attacks
Bot Me!:
[dice=Rapier]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d4+3[/dice]

Forrest holds up a hand when Danicka comes towards him. "sssssSilly Danicka. When have you sssssssseen a naga require sssssssshielding? I feel ssssssstronger and tougher than ever before! " Forrest grins, poisonous fangs dripping between his lips.

Thanks to my new nat armor, I have AC 25. I bet that'll be alright without Shield.

The Exchange

CN Male Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: 3, CMD: 16 | F:4 R:7 W:1 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (+4 Dex/-2 Wis/+2 AC)
Resources:
| Bombs: 8/9 | Extracts: (1st): 4/5 | Extracts: (2nd): 2/2

"If you like it that much maybe I can try some experiments on you later? I can only imagine the reputation we are building...crazy...but crazy can be good for business!" Rook says with a wink to the serpentine Forrest.

As they enter the room he chugs his extract of Heightened Awareness to get the jump on any enemies ahead. +4 to the Initiative Roll.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 19, t 13, ff 17 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+7, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 8/8; 2nd 4/4 | Channel Positive Energy: 4/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 4/4 | Delay Affliction: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Watching Forrest turn serpentine...

"That looks handy, but how does it feel? Do you taste the acid constantly? What's it like to have cold blood? I ask merely for posterity..."

As Danicka reads off the scrolls, Arin considers the ways he might help his group.

"I guess this is the end of the line. I have some things that might help too."

With that he begins babbling short prayers to himself, pausing after each and laying a hand on a different member of the group.

Cast Guidance on Forrest, +1 competence bonus on a single attack roll, saving throw, or skill check.
Cast Guidance on Brock, +1 competence bonus on a single attack roll, saving throw, or skill check.
Cast Guidance on Rook, +1 competence bonus on a single attack roll, saving throw, or skill check.
Cast Guidance on Danicka, +1 competence bonus on a single attack roll, saving throw, or skill check.
Cast Guidance on Yaiho, +1 competence bonus on a single attack roll, saving throw, or skill check.
Cast Guidance on Self, +1 competence bonus on a single attack roll, saving throw, or skill check.

Those expire after 1m, so these begin expiring after 5 more rounds from this point if the battle doesn't begin that soon.

He then walks to the center of the group and invokes the usual blessing...

Cast Bless, +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects. Duration 2m/20rounds.

"That should be a good start!"


Year of the Skykey

If Forrest refuses the shield, do you want to give it to someone else instead, Danicka?

Perception:
Stealth: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32
Adhukait's Stealth Vs. Pathfinder Perception...
percep, Arin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
percep, Danicka: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
percep, Prickles: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
percep, Mhazruk; Heightened Awareness: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 2 = 17
percep, Needle: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
percep, Yaiho: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
percep, Forrest: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
percep, Brock: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Initiative:
init, Arin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
init, Danicka: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
init, Mhazruk; Discharge Heightened Awareness: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 4 = 20
init, Yaiho: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
init, Forrest: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
init, Brock: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
init, Adhukait: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

GM Rolls:
Images: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Just as Arin's blessing washes over his friends, you hear a hiss of rage erupt from somewhere behind Brock. You turn around to see four glowing red eyes hovering in the darkness in the corner some twenty feet above your Brock's head. A split second later, twenty-four further sets of eyes pop into view. "PREIST! We're going to flay you alive and suck the marrow from your bones!" A scratchy voice yells hatefully as a hideous amalgamation of interlocking limbs and spiked bodies scurries into view, crawling across the ceiling like some kind of arachnid. This is the Adhukait that Danicka described earlier, only its appearance has been made a thousand times worse by the six copies occupying the immediate area around the fiend, mimicking its every move. It yells a hateful barrage of abuse as it crawls along the ceiling and drops down right in front of Arin with surprising grace. "We're going to enjoy this..." Twenty-eight sets of glowing red eyes and fourteen razor sharp kukris loom menacingly over the small gnome.

That was a surprise round, now the real combat begins.

Know. Planes to identify special abilities (DC 17.) One question plus an additional question for each 5 you beat the DC from this list.
___

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 1 - Bold may act - Map
------------------------------------------------------------

Arin (guidance)
Brock (guidance)
Rook (guidance)
Danicka (guidance, shield)
Prickles (guidance)
Yaiho (guidance, shield)
Forrest (naga, guidance)
----------------------
Adhukait (6 mirror images)

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT
Bless: +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.
Environment: It's a full-round action to move 5' in any of the dense foliage spaces.
The mountain carving is not intended for climbing, but its sloped surface and easy handholds can be scaled with a successful DC 5 Climb check.
The ceilings are 20' high.

PENDING
None.

Liberty's Edge

M NG Halfling Swashbuckler 3 Panache 4/4 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +7, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +4, SM: +2| Speed 30ft | 4 AoO/Round | Parry Attacks
Bot Me!:
[dice=Rapier]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d4+3[/dice]

Forrest looks at the beast in horror, his jaw dropping. Then, he pulls himself up in indignation. "HEY! I'M SUPPOSED TO BE THE FREAKIEST ONE HERE! I'M A FREAKING SNAKE! " The halfling moves forward as he yells, winding behind the devil in an almost serpentine pattern. Triggering AoO.

Parry :

Parry: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 1 = 12 NOPE! GM star reroll.
Parry: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 1 + 1 = 28
Riposte: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Forrest's long neck darts backwards his jaw unhinging in an unnatural way. His tongue lashes out, spitting a glob of venom at the devil. Triggering AOO, if he can do it.

Spit, vs. Touch: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

The Exchange

Male Human cavalier [DC] 2 / gunslinger [MS] 1 | Init +2, Senses Perception +6 | AC 19/12/17 (+6 armor, +2 Dex, +1 Shield)Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +0, +2 vs curse, fear, and emotion effects | | HP 25/25 | Challenge 1/1 | Demoralize 1/1 | Grit 2/2 | Tactician 1/1 | Condition:

"What the!" Brock exclaims as he whirls about at the monster(s) dropping to the ground at near point blank range.

"What the hells is all this Danicka?!"

He growls as he levels his musket and fires.

Swift to add CHA to damage

Attack: 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 + 6 - 1 = 8
Damage: 1d12 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

But, true to form, his musket fizzles and fails to fire.

with my dice I'm about done with this musket! Guess Ill have to look at retraining and drop the whole gunslinger level, and 1 feat. Sounds pricy


Year of the Skykey

Wow, I have never seen anyone so unlucky with their firearms.

Seven of the heads stay trained on Arin as the other seven follow Forrest as he weaves around the room. As soon as the serpentine halfling gets close enough, the Adhukait lashes out with one of its kukris, six others following suit in an instant. However, Forrest easily deflects the blade and strikes back, narrowly missing the target he is convinced is real, but his sword slices through one of the mirror images, obliterating it. The fiend is quicker than Forrest might have expected, and it lashes out again as he starts to hock up a poisonous loogie, slashing him hard on the hood before dodging narrowly out of the way. Although, the glob does pass right through another image, causing it to fizzle away.

While half of the fiend is battling with Forrest, the other half turns its attention to Brock as he levels his musket. The following fizzle does little to impress the Adhukait, and it laughs disdainfully as it refocuses its hateful attention on Arin.

GM Rolls:
AoO. Kukri: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16
Dmg. Slashing: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
AoO. Kukri: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32
Dmg. Slashing: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Know. Planes to identify special abilities (DC 17.) One question plus an additional question for each 5 you beat the DC from this list.
___

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 1 - Bold may act - Map
------------------------------------------------------------

Arin (guidance)
Brock ( )
Rook (guidance)
Danicka (guidance, shield)
Prickles (guidance)
Yaiho (guidance, shield)
Forrest (naga, -6hp)
----------------------
Adhukait (4 mirror images)

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT
Bless: +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.
Environment: It's a full-round action to move 5' in any of the dense foliage spaces.
The mountain carving is not intended for climbing, but its sloped surface and easy handholds can be scaled with a successful DC 5 Climb check.
The ceilings are 20' high.

PENDING
None.

Silver Crusade

Female Druid (wild whisperer) 2, Wizard (exploiter wizard) 2 | HP: 20/20, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 15* (T 11, FF 14*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 13 | F:+3* R:+1 W:+8 | Init +1 | Perc +7 (+2 beside Prickles), SM +3*, Diplomacy +1, WE +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: D1st: 2/3, W1st: 3/3 | Arcane Reservoir 5/5, Inspiration 3/5, Miracle Worker 1/1, Pearl of Power 1/1, Tireless Logic 1/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour

Yup! On my dog! Prickles has shield.

---

Using my guidance and tireless logic on this roll to roll it twice and take the better result.
Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 1 = 26
Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Resistances and Immunities, please.

---

Danicka shares her vast information with the group!!

Deciding now it not the time for non-lethal tactics, Danicka pulls out her wand of magic missile and waves it at the monster!

Force Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Thuvian Desert Dog (wolf) Animal Companion | HP: 21/21 | AC 21* (T13, FF 18*) | CMB: +4 CMD: 16 | F:+5 R:+6 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc +5 (+7 adjacent to Danicka) | Speed 50 ft. | Combat Reflexes: 4/4, Active Conditions: Mage Armour

Prickles steps between his meek pet and the fierce monster.

Doesn't smell right!

He lets out a deep growl....

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 3.1 | AC 19/21 (T 11{13}/FF 17) | CMB +11 CMD 20/22 (FF 18) | HP 53/53 | Init +3 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +3 | Perception +5 | Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | Orc Ferocity 1/1 | Rage 12/12 | Draw Weapon as Free Action during Surprise Round | +2 STR & Ignore 2 Hardness to break object | Damage Reduction (2/-), (4/lethal) | Extreme Cold Endurance | Active Conditions:

"Tricks not work on Yaiho. Yaiho crush you." His eyes become mad with rage and drool starts dripping from his tusk as he steps forward and swings his maul in a wide arc at the demon.

+1 Earthbreaker +Guidance + Bless-PA: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 21
Damage +PS +PA: 2d6 + 10 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2) + 10 + 1 + 3 = 18

Free: Rage w/ Power Stance
Standard: Attack w/ Power Attack
*AC 19 with Shield while Raging


Year of the Skykey

DR 5/good; Immune curse effects, disease, flanking, poison; Resist acid 10, electricity 10; SR 16

Up close to the Adhukait, Danicka is reminded of some disturbing facts about this particular type of evil outsider: it is resistant to pretty much everything but good. She also recognises, despite the creatures natural hideousness, that one half of the creature is deformed. One of its claws is much smaller than it ought to be, another is missing some fingers, and one of the fiends four legs ends in a stump instead of a clawed foot. As she describes all the ways that the fiend can protect itself, Prickles moves up to protect her.

Since you knew it had spell resistance before you drew your wand, you can change your mind if you wand. Otherwise, can I please have a caster level check (1d20 plus the wand's CL) to see if the missle hits.

Yaiho doesn't really care about most of what Danicka has to say and just steps forward with his massive maul and connects solidly with one of its sternums. "BWwaaaagh Ha haha!" Eight heads start laughing in the half-orc's face as apparently tricks do work on him after all. The hammer passes harmlessly through the copy, and yet another image is destroyed.

Your token didn't get moved, Yaiho. Are you to the south or the west of the Adhukait?

Real or Image? 1 is real: 1d5 ⇒ 2

Know. Planes to identify special abilities (DC 17.) One question plus an additional question for each 5 you beat the DC from this list.
___

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 1 - Bold may act - Map
------------------------------------------------------------

Arin (guidance)
Brock ( )
Rook (guidance)
Danicka (shield)
Prickles (guidance, shield)
Yaiho (shield)
Forrest (naga, -6hp)
----------------------
Adhukait (3 mirror images)

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT
Bless: +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.
Environment: It's a full-round action to move 5' in any of the dense foliage spaces.
The mountain carving is not intended for climbing, but its sloped surface and easy handholds can be scaled with a successful DC 5 Climb check.
The ceilings are 20' high.

PENDING
CL check from Danicka for magic missile vs. SR 16, or replacement actions.

The Exchange

CN Male Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: 3, CMD: 16 | F:4 R:7 W:1 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (+4 Dex/-2 Wis/+2 AC)
Resources:
| Bombs: 8/9 | Extracts: (1st): 4/5 | Extracts: (2nd): 2/2

"Go ahead! Hide behind those images all you want but these flames are going to burn you either way you ugly rat." Rook says with the fire of battle in his eyes.

Move Action to use Alchemical Weapon (Su). Infusing Alchemist's Fire into Bomb.

Attack Action to use a Bomb.

Bomb vs. Touch: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 16
Damage (Fire): 1d6 + 5 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 12
Alchemist's Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 4
If it hits an image there is Splash Damage=9. Reflex 16 save for half.

If hit the target takes an additional 1d6 Fire damage next turn unless using a Full Round Action for Reflex 15 save. +2 if it rolls around on the ground.

Also I always forget to clarify I will always use Precise Bombs to stop my allies from getting blasted. I can remove 5 squares which will cover all of us in most cases unless we surrounded them.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 3.1 | AC 19/21 (T 11{13}/FF 17) | CMB +11 CMD 20/22 (FF 18) | HP 53/53 | Init +3 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +3 | Perception +5 | Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | Orc Ferocity 1/1 | Rage 12/12 | Draw Weapon as Free Action during Surprise Round | +2 STR & Ignore 2 Hardness to break object | Damage Reduction (2/-), (4/lethal) | Extreme Cold Endurance | Active Conditions:

Ah.. forgot to move my token. I'm south of it. I moved my token to that spot.

Silver Crusade

Female Druid (wild whisperer) 2, Wizard (exploiter wizard) 2 | HP: 20/20, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 15* (T 11, FF 14*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 13 | F:+3* R:+1 W:+8 | Init +1 | Perc +7 (+2 beside Prickles), SM +3*, Diplomacy +1, WE +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: D1st: 2/3, W1st: 3/3 | Arcane Reservoir 5/5, Inspiration 3/5, Miracle Worker 1/1, Pearl of Power 1/1, Tireless Logic 1/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour

Yup! Instead of her wand, Danicka draws a vial of holy water and tosses it at the outsider. She's in a slightly different space than I had placed her in before, due to the range increment of her vial. She's also taking a penalty for firing into melee.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 2 + 1 - 4 = 10
Holy Water Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 19, t 13, ff 17 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+7, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 8/8; 2nd 4/4 | Channel Positive Energy: 4/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 4/4 | Delay Affliction: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Welp, I don't see immunity to mind-affecting, so...

Arin stares back at the multi-segmented creature that's trying to taunt him. He holds his blank expression but it tightens visibly in deliberate firmness against the taunts. He takes a cautious step back next to Brock.

5' guarded step

coz concentration check.. who wants that?

Mgepuaaah'li uh'enyth, ymg' lloig ephaisuffer Iiahe ymg' bthnk ah (abyssal):
Twisted creature, your mind will suffer as your body does.

Cast Doom on the thing, standard action. Shaken for 2m (20rounds) unless it makes a DC15 will save.

POST-EDIT:

Overcome SR16: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Another post-edit, I guess guidance can't apply to that


Year of the Skykey

Realising that the Adhukait would be able to deflect even a magic missile, Danicka changes tack and pulls out a flask of holy water. The flask sails right through the torso of one of the eight remaining bodies, destroying yet another copy before it clatters into the mountain sculpture. The fiend covers its face and hisses in pain as droplets of the caustic water spray over its body. Before it has time to yell a torrent of obscenities at Danicka, Rook strikes true with his special brew, and rather than a mirrored image, the real creature bursts into flames. Twelve arms flail about in the air as the creature screams in pain and spins around, the smell of burnt skin filling the air.

Miss Direction: 1d8 ⇒ 2
Real or Image? 1 is real: 1d3 ⇒ 1
Additional Fire Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

As the flames start to abate, Arin weaves a terrifying spell, bursting through the fiend's magical resistances. Four heads look shaken, but the other four focus on the glowing gnome with a burning hatred. "Our minds are too sharp for your tricks!" It hisses angrily, and with a slap of clawed hands, the shaken heads start to regain their composure. "Neither you or your friends can stop us from breaking off your repulsive tiny fingers and toes one by one..." The interlocked creatures then start spinning around in a sort of macabre dance of flailing limbs, blades, and dying flames as they close the distance on their hated enemy.

Not immune to mind-affecting, but it does, unfortunately, have two heads.

Somehow, even with the confusing mass of mirrored images, the stoic gnome manages to dodge the worst of the onslaught of blades and claws. However, this close to the creature, Arin notices that the severe burns all over the unholy creature are already starting to heal. The unfortunate discovery distracts the besieged gnome just long enough for a claw to catch the side of his face, raking five deep marks in his temple and cheek.

Yep, it regenerates too! Oh, and I just wanted to say that there is a reason the Adhukait is concentrating on you, Arin. I'm not just picking on you. ;)

Its moment of triumph is interrupted, however, as a cacophonous wall of sound suddenly assaults your senses and the temple reverberates with the wrathful screeches of monkeys. You can't tell where the sound is coming from, but the Adhukait is visibly shaken by this latest development.

GM Rolls:

Will #1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Will #2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Atk. Kukri #1: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16
Dmg. Slashing: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Atk. Kukri #2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Dmg. Slashing: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Atk. Claw #1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Dmg. Slashing: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Atk. Claw #2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Dmg. Slashing: 1d4 ⇒ 2


___

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 2 - Bold may act - Map
------------------------------------------------------------

Arin (-5hp, guidance)
Brock (misfire)
Rook ( )
Danicka (shield)
Prickles (guidance, shield)
Yaiho (shield)
Forrest (-6hp, naga)
----------------------
Adhukait (-15hp, 2 mirror images, shaken 1/1)
???

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT
Bless: +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.
Environment: It's a full-round action to move 5' in any of the dense foliage spaces.
The mountain carving is not intended for climbing, but its sloped surface and easy handholds can be scaled with a successful DC 5 Climb check.
The ceilings are 20' high.

PENDING
None.

The Exchange

Male Human cavalier [DC] 2 / gunslinger [MS] 1 | Init +2, Senses Perception +6 | AC 19/12/17 (+6 armor, +2 Dex, +1 Shield)Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +0, +2 vs curse, fear, and emotion effects | | HP 25/25 | Challenge 1/1 | Demoralize 1/1 | Grit 2/2 | Tactician 1/1 | Condition:

Discarding his failing musket in disgust, Brock spits out an insult as he draws his war pick.

"Hey, ugly, there may be two of you but that just means you are twice as ugly. Maybe I'll mount both of your heads on my wall when this is said and done. Ignore the little one and FIGHT ME!"

Demoralize: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Readying himsel, he notices that everyone is surrounding the beast, though what Danicka is doing I striking distance is baffling, so he roars out.

"We have it surrounded, go for the soft bits!"

swift to demoralize, standard for tactician:precise strike. +1d6 Damage if you are flanking for 3 rounds


Year of the Skykey

Ordinarily that would be an awesome use of tactician. However, Danicka has already found out that the Adhukait is immune to flanking, which means precise strike will not work against it. Since Brock will have known this, you can change your standard action to something else if you want. ;)

The Exchange

Male Human cavalier [DC] 2 / gunslinger [MS] 1 | Init +2, Senses Perception +6 | AC 19/12/17 (+6 armor, +2 Dex, +1 Shield)Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +0, +2 vs curse, fear, and emotion effects | | HP 25/25 | Challenge 1/1 | Demoralize 1/1 | Grit 2/2 | Tactician 1/1 | Condition:

Ah, OK I see it now. Somehow missed that. Too bad it's immune to poison as it really reminds me of a boss on Dark Souls 2 and poison was an excellent way to kill him

RETCON

After taunting the monster, Brock lashes out with his war pick.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 1 - 1 = 21 Immune to flanking, so I don't get the +2 correct? +2 If it gets demoralized from my taunt
Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10


Year of the Skykey

Correct, no +2 from flanking, and although you didn't demoralise it, the screeching monkeys have, so you get your morale bonus.

Frustrated with his musket, Brock throws it aside and steps forward with his war pick. Despite being surrounded, the Adhukait is able to split its attention, half of it keeping a hateful eye on Arin and the other half looking out for trouble. "Are you so eager to meet your end?" It retorts, unaffected by the cavalier's taunting, "You'll have your turn soon en- Aagh!" Brock takes note of which head spoke a fraction of a second before the others and sinks his pick into the connecting body. The wound isn't as deep as he would normally expect, but there is a rapidly healing puncture mark in the creature's torso.

Real or Image? 1 is real: 1d3 ⇒ 1
___

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 2 - Bold may act - Map
------------------------------------------------------------

Arin (-5hp, guidance)
Brock ( )
Rook ( )
Danicka (shield)
Prickles (guidance, shield)
Yaiho (shield)
Forrest (-6hp, naga)
----------------------
Adhukait (-20hp, 2 mirror images, shaken 1/1)
???

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT
Bless: +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.
Environment: It's a full-round action to move 5' in any of the dense foliage spaces.
The mountain carving is not intended for climbing, but its sloped surface and easy handholds can be scaled with a successful DC 5 Climb check.
The ceilings are 20' high.

PENDING
None.

The Exchange

CN Male Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: 3, CMD: 16 | F:4 R:7 W:1 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (+4 Dex/-2 Wis/+2 AC)
Resources:
| Bombs: 8/9 | Extracts: (1st): 4/5 | Extracts: (2nd): 2/2

"Scared of monkeys? Pitiful excuse for a creature."

Rook starts to laugh as he throws another bomb.

Bomb vs. Touch: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 18
Damage (Fire): 1d6 + 5 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 12
Splash: 9 Damage | Reflex 16 to Half. (If it hits a clone.)

As the fires kick up he roars with delight.

Liberty's Edge

M NG Halfling Swashbuckler 3 Panache 4/4 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +7, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +4, SM: +2| Speed 30ft | 4 AoO/Round | Parry Attacks
Bot Me!:
[dice=Rapier]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d4+3[/dice]

Forrest steps up and waves his rapier around, to no avail. His swordsmanship is poor, but his words are like daggers. "Hey! You like thossssse monkeysssssss, huh? Probably remindsssss you of your mother'sssssssspecial friend! " Dimples show up in his face as his forked tongue tastes the air. "Well guessss what? HE WAS MORE THAN A FRIEND! " The halfling starts laughing like a madman, his rapier waving pointlessly.

Rapier: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 3.1 | AC 19/21 (T 11{13}/FF 17) | CMB +11 CMD 20/22 (FF 18) | HP 53/53 | Init +3 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +3 | Perception +5 | Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | Orc Ferocity 1/1 | Rage 12/12 | Draw Weapon as Free Action during Surprise Round | +2 STR & Ignore 2 Hardness to break object | Damage Reduction (2/-), (4/lethal) | Extreme Cold Endurance | Active Conditions:

Seeing less enemies now, in his haze, Yaiho hopes he strikes the true demon now. "Not ignore Yaiho."

Yaiho slams his maul down toward one of the heads of the demon before raking his tusk across the nearest part of the demon.

+1 Earthbreaker +Bless -PA: 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 11 + 1 - 1 = 27
Damage +PS +PA: 2d6 + 10 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (4, 4) + 10 + 1 + 3 = 22

Razortusk +Bless -PA: 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 - 1 = 9
Damage +PS +PA: 1d4 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 11

Full-Round Action: Earthbreaker + Razortusk w/ Power Attack
*AC 19 with Shield while Raging


Year of the Skykey

Yet again, Rook's bomb flies true... At least that is how it looked, only, instead of smashing into the fiend's shoulder as it should have done, the vial passes right through. On the bright side, The copycat image is destroyed, but unfortunately, the real creature was ready for the fireball. With surprising agility for such an entanglement of limbs and bodies, it manages to dance away from the worst of the blast.

Real or Image? 1 is real: 1d3 ⇒ 2
Reflex: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21 4 damage

As clumsy as his swordplay is, Forrest's waves his rapier less pointlessly than he may have imagined, catching and destroying the last mirrored image and leaving the adhukait without protection. As for the laughing halfling's biting words... Well, it seems that outsiders are a little touchy about such things. Apparently, there's something about the boredom of being immortal that leads to experimental phases in an asura's life, but they don't like to be reminded of it. However, most of the resulting tirade of obscenities and foul language is drowned out as the screeching hits new heights of monkey wrathfulness. "...PAIN! You will feel such pain!"

Don't forget bless, Forrest, it allowed you to just about scrape at one of those images. ;)

With the images gone and the fiend driven to distraction, Yaiho has little trouble bringing the hammer down. The massive maul crashes into one of the fiend's horns with a sickening crack, breaking it free from the adhukait's head despite it's natural resistances. One of the heads screams in pain, but the other keeps its eyes on the raging half-orc, and manages to keep from being impaled by a razor-sharp tusk.
___

COMBAT TRACKER - Round 2 - Bold may act - Map
------------------------------------------------------------

Arin (-5hp, guidance)
Brock ( )
Rook ( )
Danicka (shield)
Prickles (guidance, shield)
Yaiho (shield)
Forrest (-6hp, naga)
----------------------
Adhukait (-41hp, shaken 1/1)
???

ONGOING EFFECTS / ENVIRONMENT
Bless: +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.
Environment: It's a full-round action to move 5' in any of the dense foliage spaces.
The mountain carving is not intended for climbing, but its sloped surface and easy handholds can be scaled with a successful DC 5 Climb check.
The ceilings are 20' high.

PENDING
None.

1,501 to 1,550 of 1,594 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] GM ShieldBug's The Year of the Sky Key - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.