[PFS] GM ShieldBug's The Year of the Sky Key

Game Master ShieldBug

Maps and Handouts


1,001 to 1,050 of 1,594 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4.1 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 19) | CMB +9 CMD 22 (FF 20) | HP 45/45 | Init +3 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +1 | Perception +5 | Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | Orc Ferocity 1/1 | Rage 12/12 | Draw Weapon as Free Action during Surprise Round | +2 STR & Ignore 2 Hardness to break object | Damage Reduction (2/-), (4/lethal) | Extreme Cold Endurance | Active Conditions:

Yaiho looks puzzled. "Thought Whatsisface was his name."

Liberty's Edge

M NG Halfling Swashbuckler 3 Panache 4/4 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +7, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +4, SM: +2| Speed 30ft | 4 AoO/Round | Parry Attacks
Bot Me!:
[dice=Rapier]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d4+3[/dice]

A thousand posts! Shieldbug, thank you for leading us on this wonderful journey.

Forrest is shocked when Arin pronounces the right answer. He whispers to Yaiho, embarassed. "I thought it was the worm..." His cheeks glow red, almost as fiery as his hair. "Good thing we're strong, I guess." He shrugs and follows the fox closely, wary of any foul play.

Upon arrival at the fish, he frowns. "We need his name? I thought we just needed the pieces of the scroll..." He looks at the Fox and gives him the evil eye. "Alright, Rumplestiltskin. What did your mommy call you? Tell me, or Yaiho will see what you taste like." Stepping forward to add gravity to the threat, he slips on the water and lands on his back, sputtering.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

I ran this scenario yesterday, not realizing how spoiler-y the final scene would be! Whoops. Good thing Forrest isn't smart enough for riddles anyway.

The Exchange

CN Male Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: 3, CMD: 16 | F:4 R:7 W:1 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (+4 Dex/-2 Wis/+2 AC)
Resources:
| Bombs: 8/9 | Extracts: (1st): 4/5 | Extracts: (2nd): 2/2

Rook takes the notes and looks through them. The enlarged first letters catch his eye. He starts to laugh at how simple it is.

"Forrest, those scrolls! That is the name. Looks like we Caught you didn't we? It seems too obvious but people overlook the obvious don't they?" he says staring into the foxes eyes.

He then shows the others how the fragments of The Name of The Fox spell out that very name.

"And if you ever escape again...this bomb has your name on it since you gave me a measly 20 coins, Caught."

The Exchange

Male Human cavalier [DC] 2 / gunslinger [MS] 1 | Init +2, Senses Perception +6 | AC 19/12/17 (+6 armor, +2 Dex, +1 Shield)Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +0, +2 vs curse, fear, and emotion effects | | HP 25/25 | Challenge 1/1 | Demoralize 1/1 | Grit 2/2 | Tactician 1/1 | Condition:

Brock groans as apparently there was going to be more wordplay and riddles, or something.

Then, grinning maliciously, he pokes the Kitsune in the back with his musket and says.

"Get to talking, a name, or maybe I will get to skin a fox today"

Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

I bet it just reeks like wet dog

It does, it's terrible, takes weeks to get the smell off of your hands

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 19, t 13, ff 17 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+7, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 8/8; 2nd 4/4 | Channel Positive Energy: 4/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 4/4 | Delay Affliction: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: None
Mhazruk Kruhl wrote:

Rook takes the notes and looks through them. The enlarged first letters catch his eye. He starts to laugh at how simple it is.

"Forrest, those scrolls! That is the name. Looks like we Caught you didn't we? It seems too obvious but people overlook the obvious don't they?" he says staring into the foxes eyes.

He then shows the others how the fragments of The Name of The Fox spell out that very name.

"And if you ever escape again...this bomb has your name on it since you gave me a measly 20 coins, Caught."

Arin smiles at Rook, satisfied that the team can produce good, quick answers from multiple angles. "I noticed one easy answer and missed the next. Good catch, Rook!"

Silver Crusade

Female Druid (wild whisperer) 2, Wizard (exploiter wizard) 2 | HP: 20/20, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 15* (T 11, FF 14*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 13 | F:+3* R:+1 W:+8 | Init +1 | Perc +7 (+2 beside Prickles), SM +3*, Diplomacy +1, WE +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: D1st: 2/3, W1st: 3/3 | Arcane Reservoir 5/5, Inspiration 3/5, Miracle Worker 1/1, Pearl of Power 1/1, Tireless Logic 1/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour

Danicka smiles. "Well done, Rook!" She remarks. Unfortunately, partway through speaking she remembers that Rook is terrifying and harbouring a monster bird under his hat. Her voice cracks, and comes out more of a nervous squeak than a compliment.


Year of the Skykey

Whatshisname remains tight-lipped in the presence of threats, pretty confident that it would be against Pathfinder policy to murder a bound prisoner... Although, Brock seems just convincing enough that the whiskered riddler might actually have cracked eventually. It doesn't matter, however, since as soon as Rook utters the word 'Caught,' a magical wind seizes the parchment scraps, lifting them into the air and stitching them back together. As an unseen chorus of voices murmurs Sylvan incantations, the words on the scroll form a vortex that draws the kitsune bard back into his inky prison. "Curses! Now I'm so glad I only carry such meagre purses!" He gives Rook one last look, and laughs as he disappears into the spiralling words.

Once Caught is gone, Mistress Koi seems to remember something, and with a cheerful lilt to her voice says, "I think I promised another nice young group of people - you remind me a lot of them, actually - that I'd 'DRINK UP THIS WATER, WITHOUT DROWNING THEM.' Such an odd request but..." She opens her gaping mouth and sucks up all the seawater, forming a tight swirling column of water that rushes up the stairs and starts filling out the bulbous sack on her spine until, finally, the archives are dry once more. "THE FISH!" You hear the owl and the albatross yell in horror down below. "THE WATER!"

Mistress Koi purses her lips, and her eyes start looking left, right, up, and down as she contemplates something. "Hmm what is that..." She swirls something around in her cheeks for a few seconds and then spits out several gold and platinum coins and a potion of some sort. "Oh! Well, you can keep that with my thanks." She says as she swims into the verbal whirlpool, followed closely by the owl and the albatross, who run and dive into the scroll, so that they can return to their old fishin' spot now that this one is ruined. Finally, the script settles back to its original form, and the scroll drops to the floor, its magic dormant once more. The only sounds are the echoes of the last few verses of the sylvan chorus. All evidence of the fey invasion is gone... Apart, perhaps, for Virml's poor swollen gums.

Treasure: 80 gp, 16 pp, and a potion of haste. :)

Soon after you emerge from the Overflow Archives, Kreighton Shaine intercepts you. With so little evidence left behind, you have some difficulty persuading Kreighton Shaine of your version of events. However, the Master of Scrolls is so relieved to find the flood removed that he scarcely cares about your fantastical explanations. He asks to have a quick look what you recovered within and, true to his word, allows you to keep all the treasure.

THE END!

Silver Crusade

Female Druid (wild whisperer) 2, Wizard (exploiter wizard) 2 | HP: 20/20, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 15* (T 11, FF 14*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 13 | F:+3* R:+1 W:+8 | Init +1 | Perc +7 (+2 beside Prickles), SM +3*, Diplomacy +1, WE +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: D1st: 2/3, W1st: 3/3 | Arcane Reservoir 5/5, Inspiration 3/5, Miracle Worker 1/1, Pearl of Power 1/1, Tireless Logic 1/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour

Danicka looks thrilled to have saved the library. She bounces with excitement and smiles widely. Unfortunately her soaking wet clothes, dripping hair and soggy broom weigh her down, and she barely manages to get off her feet.

Suddenly she pauses, and blushes brightly. Looking down at her hitched up skirt and bare legs, she lets out a shriek and blushes even brighter.

I'm indecent!

She drops her broom and gets to work untying the knots in her skirt which hold it up, and after a frantic minute of work her plain, ugly robes are back down to a respectable level--her ankles. She quickly picks her broom back up and clutches it to her chest nervously.

How embarrassing!

The Exchange

CN Male Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: 3, CMD: 16 | F:4 R:7 W:1 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (+4 Dex/-2 Wis/+2 AC)
Resources:
| Bombs: 8/9 | Extracts: (1st): 4/5 | Extracts: (2nd): 2/2

Seeing the kitsune being pulled away Rook laughs and makes a rude gesture.

"You should see some of the blueprints the orc warsmiths come up with...talk about a riddle! Uhmm...thank you though." Rook says when the two praise his work. He quickly shakes it off though and picks up the more appropriate treasure.

"This is more our speed on rewards." he sighs as he heads back up with the others.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4.1 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 19) | CMB +9 CMD 22 (FF 20) | HP 45/45 | Init +3 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +1 | Perception +5 | Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | Orc Ferocity 1/1 | Rage 12/12 | Draw Weapon as Free Action during Surprise Round | +2 STR & Ignore 2 Hardness to break object | Damage Reduction (2/-), (4/lethal) | Extreme Cold Endurance | Active Conditions:

When the real name is given, Yaiho chuckles. "Caught. Yaiho think weird name."

Yaiho is marveled by the whirlpool of water and somewhat saddened by the fish thing going away. He wanted another hug. But another job is done and Yaiho smiles at the group as they return to give their report.

I've heard that foxes have a strong musk smell, so they might smell worse than a wet dog when wet.

Liberty's Edge

M NG Halfling Swashbuckler 3 Panache 4/4 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +7, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +4, SM: +2| Speed 30ft | 4 AoO/Round | Parry Attacks
Bot Me!:
[dice=Rapier]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d4+3[/dice]

Forrest smiles widely when the whirlpool opens. "Caught. That's a pretty foolish name. I mean, that's kind of asking for a prison sentence, isn't it? " The halfling shrugs his shoulders. Looking around, pretty much everyone is soaked to the bone. He laughs. "Well, this is still better than the deserts we've been working in. What do you say we get a new set of clothes and find some liquid warmth? " The halfling winks at Brock, knowing he is guaranteed to love that idea.

Silver Crusade

Female Druid (wild whisperer) 2, Wizard (exploiter wizard) 2 | HP: 20/20, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 15* (T 11, FF 14*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 13 | F:+3* R:+1 W:+8 | Init +1 | Perc +7 (+2 beside Prickles), SM +3*, Diplomacy +1, WE +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: D1st: 2/3, W1st: 3/3 | Arcane Reservoir 5/5, Inspiration 3/5, Miracle Worker 1/1, Pearl of Power 1/1, Tireless Logic 1/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour

"I could use a nice pot of tea," Danicka agrees, unaware that this is not the kind of liquid warmth Forrest is hoping for.

The Exchange

CN Male Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: 3, CMD: 16 | F:4 R:7 W:1 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (+4 Dex/-2 Wis/+2 AC)
Resources:
| Bombs: 8/9 | Extracts: (1st): 4/5 | Extracts: (2nd): 2/2

"I still have some extracts I can mix together for something special!" Rook laughs as he too wanted something more than brew.

Silver Crusade

Female Druid (wild whisperer) 2, Wizard (exploiter wizard) 2 | HP: 20/20, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 15* (T 11, FF 14*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 13 | F:+3* R:+1 W:+8 | Init +1 | Perc +7 (+2 beside Prickles), SM +3*, Diplomacy +1, WE +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: D1st: 2/3, W1st: 3/3 | Arcane Reservoir 5/5, Inspiration 3/5, Miracle Worker 1/1, Pearl of Power 1/1, Tireless Logic 1/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour

Danicka wrings the extra water out of her hair and skirt as they talk, then bids everyone goodbye. She heads off to her room with Prickles to have a nice hot bath, and put on some clean, DRY clothes.

The Exchange

Male Human cavalier [DC] 2 / gunslinger [MS] 1 | Init +2, Senses Perception +6 | AC 19/12/17 (+6 armor, +2 Dex, +1 Shield)Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +0, +2 vs curse, fear, and emotion effects | | HP 25/25 | Challenge 1/1 | Demoralize 1/1 | Grit 2/2 | Tactician 1/1 | Condition:

Brock looks around again in confusion as everything seems to clear up in an instant.

He grows annoyed that the big muckity muck didn't believe their version of the story.

We are either painfully honest, or VERY good liars. No reason not to believe us, idiot

But grunts at the small pile of loot they accrued.

"Well it wasn't a total waste of time at least."

Hearing Rook mention some extra potent tea, he ventures.

"Are you telling me you have a concoction that can make us extra drunk? Let's get to it! How about hangovers, got something for that? After dealing with fae and riddle I need to wash my brain out with alcohol!"

Glancing at Rooks hat.

"just don't give me anything that'll get a strange flying lizard to roost in my hair. That will hurt my game with the Modonnas of the night, and we can't have that. Forrest? Arin? Yahio?" with an exaggerated stare, "Danicka? Drinks?!"

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4.1 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 19) | CMB +9 CMD 22 (FF 20) | HP 45/45 | Init +3 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +1 | Perception +5 | Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | Orc Ferocity 1/1 | Rage 12/12 | Draw Weapon as Free Action during Surprise Round | +2 STR & Ignore 2 Hardness to break object | Damage Reduction (2/-), (4/lethal) | Extreme Cold Endurance | Active Conditions:

Yaiho smile. "Tea with kick sounds nice. Yaiho join."

Silver Crusade

Female Druid (wild whisperer) 2, Wizard (exploiter wizard) 2 | HP: 20/20, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 15* (T 11, FF 14*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 13 | F:+3* R:+1 W:+8 | Init +1 | Perc +7 (+2 beside Prickles), SM +3*, Diplomacy +1, WE +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: D1st: 2/3, W1st: 3/3 | Arcane Reservoir 5/5, Inspiration 3/5, Miracle Worker 1/1, Pearl of Power 1/1, Tireless Logic 1/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour

Shaking with cold, Danicka nods absently. "Mmm hmm. But I need to get out of these clothes, first."

Suddenly realizing that her statement could be misconstrued, Danicka blushes brightly and stammers for a while. "I... mean... uh... Well... Not with... You... I..."

Eventually she turns around and hurries off to her room, mortified.

Proceeding to do what I mentioned she does a few posts ago.

After an hour or so, Danicka emerges from her room in a clean, plain, ugly brown dress and dry cotton shoes. Her hair's a wet, poofy mess, which is half dried. As her big, floppy hat's still wet, she goes without it tonight, but her broom's still clutched in her hands--even though the head of it's soaking. She wanders the Lodge for a minute before realizing she has no idea where they were supposed to meet.

"Oh, dear! What do you think, Prickles?"


Male Thuvian Desert Dog (wolf) Animal Companion | HP: 21/21 | AC 21* (T13, FF 18*) | CMB: +4 CMD: 16 | F:+5 R:+6 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc +5 (+7 adjacent to Danicka) | Speed 50 ft. | Combat Reflexes: 4/4, Active Conditions: Mage Armour

Prickles follows his pet out of her room and into the busy hall. It stunk like other people and other pets. He didn't like it. It should smell like him.

It was HIS now, after all.

Prickles rubs his hips against the nearby wall, then looks up at his meek pet when she asks him a question.

He growls, low in his throat, and then goes back to marking the hall with his scent.

Silver Crusade

Female Druid (wild whisperer) 2, Wizard (exploiter wizard) 2 | HP: 20/20, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 15* (T 11, FF 14*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 13 | F:+3* R:+1 W:+8 | Init +1 | Perc +7 (+2 beside Prickles), SM +3*, Diplomacy +1, WE +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: D1st: 2/3, W1st: 3/3 | Arcane Reservoir 5/5, Inspiration 3/5, Miracle Worker 1/1, Pearl of Power 1/1, Tireless Logic 1/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour

"Oh... kay..." Danicka squeaks at her terrifying pet. Then she turns and walks down the hallway, on her way to the various lounge's and tea rooms on site, looking for her companions. Prickles follows right behind.

The Exchange

CN Male Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: 3, CMD: 16 | F:4 R:7 W:1 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (+4 Dex/-2 Wis/+2 AC)
Resources:
| Bombs: 8/9 | Extracts: (1st): 4/5 | Extracts: (2nd): 2/2

"My additions definitely will do something! Bombs are the only explosive concoction in my repertoire." Rook laughs while pulling out various vials and powders he carries. He spots his collection of Alchemist's Kindness and takes note for their hangovers.

"Yeah, from now on you don't need to worry about hangovers. That is an easy fix!"

After he mentions Needle the bandanna stirs and he crawls out giving a little yawning-screech.

The Exchange

CN Rhamphorhynchus Tumor Familiar (Sage Figment) | HP: 3/3 | AC: 15 T:15 FF:12 | CMB: 2, CMD: 9 | F:3 R:8 W:2 | Init: 3 | Speed: Base 30/Fly 40 (Good) | Active conditions: None
Skills:
Fly: 11 | Knowledge (Dungeoneering/Engineering): 3/2 | Perception: 6 | Stealth: 11

After Needle stretches his wings he grabs a piece of chalk and bugs his master till Rook props the chalkboard up on the table in the lodge.

His chicken scratch is barely legible but it reads:

"Please Brock...let me see what it is like inside your head! Forrest's is too small."

He then eats his chalk before hopping closer to Brock.

The Exchange

Male Human cavalier [DC] 2 / gunslinger [MS] 1 | Init +2, Senses Perception +6 | AC 19/12/17 (+6 armor, +2 Dex, +1 Shield)Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +0, +2 vs curse, fear, and emotion effects | | HP 25/25 | Challenge 1/1 | Demoralize 1/1 | Grit 2/2 | Tactician 1/1 | Condition:

"I know I should be disturbed or grossed out or something" Brock laughs, "But it's not a normal day until Yaiho eats someone, so I'll roll with it."

To the small, chalk hungry ... thing.

"I would let you in, small one, but you might get lost in all the empty space. Or so I've been told. Then again I've been told there's not enough space in a whole room, let alone my skull, for my ego. So who can know?"

Brock smiles happily as everyone makes plans for another probable night of carousing and debauchery hopefully we can get Danicka to dance again, hilarious , these folks were more than tolerable to travel with and possessed both the might of muscle and magic to make a formidable team.

Warm in the glow of a task accomplished and a full purse, his hard cynical shell could regrow another day, this day he felt like letting the wall down a bit.

until they inevitably disappoint and betray you, fool, that is the point of trusting noone in the first place!

But he pushed that voice down as well, for the moment. He'd take this win, even if he didn't understand what the heck happened or how they even won in the first place.

Charm? Sure. Decieve? Of course. Intimidate? Duh. Kill? My best skill! Think and solve riddles? Bah!

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 19, t 13, ff 17 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+7, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 8/8; 2nd 4/4 | Channel Positive Energy: 4/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 4/4 | Delay Affliction: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: None
Danicka Raburnus wrote:
"I could use a nice pot of tea," Danicka agrees, unaware that this is not the kind of liquid warmth Forrest is hoping for.
Brock Swiftread wrote:
"just don't give me anything that'll get a strange flying lizard to roost in my hair. That will hurt my game with the Modonnas of the night, and we can't have that. Forrest? Arin? Yahio?" with an exaggerated stare, "Danicka? Drinks?!"

"Yes, some of that tea sounds nice." He winks at Brock to pre-empt his predictable disappointment in Arin's non-alcoholic choice.

Mhazruk Kruhl wrote:
"I still have some extracts I can mix together for something special!" Rook laughs as he too wanted something more than brew.

Arin chuckles at this, but then considers the implications for a moment. Is Rook perhaps one of these?

"If I recall correctly, aren't extractions rendered inert once they leave the possession of their maker? Though I've heard of powerful alchemists who've learned to make them applicable to others."

----------------

As the group works through their post-mission plans, Arin looks over at the scroll-master, Paracountess, and finally Virml. "Are you sure you want advice about women from this lot?" He gestures vaguely in the direction of Brock, Forrest, and Yaiho. "Honestly just tell her this story and see how far it gets you. Come buy my rowdy friends a round of drinks and see if they can't help you polish up the tale so you come out better in it!"

----------------

Similarly to their last mission, Arin felt a bit toyed-with by the fey creatures. It left him feeling all the more mired in the chaotic forces of the multiverse.

It seems every bored creature from every plane has more say in my fate than I do. Perhaps I shouldn't try so hard to swim against the river...

Liberty's Edge

M NG Halfling Swashbuckler 3 Panache 4/4 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +7, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +4, SM: +2| Speed 30ft | 4 AoO/Round | Parry Attacks
Bot Me!:
[dice=Rapier]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d4+3[/dice]

"Hey! " Forrest fumes, red faces. Reaching down, he grabs a handful of water and flings it at the bird. "My brain is huge! For... for a person of my size. " He stares at the bird-thing, daring it to contradict him.

Looking at Arin and Rook, he shakes his head. "Those fancy cocktails always seemed like trouble to me. I've always been a fan of plain old ale. "


Year of the Skykey

Prologue

It has been a few weeks since the Overflow Archives started leaking, and things have been surprisingly. Although, you have heard a few rumours about an initiate deliberately causing an explosion in the Grand Lodge during training. Apparently, he was following the advice of a more senior Pathfinder and blew up the classroom in a vain attempt to impress a fellow initiate. Needless to say, his crush wasn't best pleased when she found out how long it'll take for her hair to grow back. The culprit has since been suspended until, in the words of the training officer, such time that he develops a modicum of sense. In (probably not) unrelated news, Virml has contacted you to say that he has left training for a little while so that he can pursue 'other interests.' He's currently living in his parents' basement and is trying to get a band together, suggesting that you should all audition, but stresses that the role of lead singer/lute has already been taken.

On a more personal note, It seems your recent commendation from Venture-Captain Wulessa Yuul has finally made it through the system, and one or two of the other Venture-Captains are starting to take notice of your exploits. In fact, this morning, you have each received a letter instructing you to meet Venture-Captain Drandle Dreng outside the main gates of the Grand Lodge, at noon, and in formal attire.

Howdy Folks! We'll get started properly tomorrow, but before we do, can you please make sure all your information is up to date on slide 2 of the handouts. Thank you.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 19, t 13, ff 17 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+7, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 8/8; 2nd 4/4 | Channel Positive Energy: 4/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 4/4 | Delay Affliction: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: None
GM ShieldBug wrote:
Howdy Folks! We'll get started properly tomorrow, but before we do, can you please make sure all your information is up to date on slide 2 of the handouts. Thank you.

updated

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Druid (wild whisperer) 2, Wizard (exploiter wizard) 2 | HP: 20/20, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 15* (T 11, FF 14*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 13 | F:+3* R:+1 W:+8 | Init +1 | Perc +7 (+2 beside Prickles), SM +3*, Diplomacy +1, WE +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: D1st: 2/3, W1st: 3/3 | Arcane Reservoir 5/5, Inspiration 3/5, Miracle Worker 1/1, Pearl of Power 1/1, Tireless Logic 1/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour

"Formal attire? Oh, dear! Oh, dear, oh, dear, oh dear!" Danicka mutters as she reads her letter.

Looking quite worried, Danicka opens her closet. "What do you think, Prickles? Uhmmm... Oh, gee..."

Finding nothing fancier than her hot-weather clothes that Arin helped her pick out, Danicka is at a loss. Grabbing her coin purse, she quickly hurries out to purchase some new clothes before the meeting.

---

Arriving at the front gates of the Grand Lodge at noon, Danicka looks terribly nervous. Her face is bright red, and she's hidden her clothes almost completely beneath a fancy red, silk cloak. She has a new hat black on her head, and although it looks quite fashionable, it's also quite tacky, with a massive white bow and some brightly coloured flowers topping it off. She's wearing high-heeled boots in shiny leather, with pointy toes, but judging by how much she's leaning on her broom for support it's doubtful she's graceful enough to walk in them without falling over. There's a smidge of black and silver peeking out on whatever robes she's wearing underneath her cloak, but other than deducing she's got new clothes on--and it quite embarrassed about it--you can't tell much about what she's wearing under there.

Beside her sits Prickles, looking utterly ridiculous with a flamboyant pink sparkly bow around his neck.

Liberty's Edge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
M NG Halfling Swashbuckler 3 Panache 4/4 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +7, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +4, SM: +2| Speed 30ft | 4 AoO/Round | Parry Attacks
Bot Me!:
[dice=Rapier]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d4+3[/dice]

Perform (Dance): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Fancy dress? Better than the desert garb, I suppose. After performing in a number of taverns under the stage name 'Magic Mike', Forrest is glad to be back making an honest living. I thought I'd never be able to get that glitter out of my beard.

He shows up to the gates a little early, in a wrinkled suit. His beard and fiery mane do appear combed, for the first time since you've met him. He welcomes all back with a clap on the shoulder, asking how much money Brock lost at the tables this time, and giving Arin a curious eye. I wonder if he found god yet. That little weirdo just keeps getting weirder, the closer he gets. That's kinda fun though.

Forrest tosses Prickles a treat, still wary of the drooling beast. "Hey there, boy. Cute bow. " The halfling smirks.

I always LOVE the pictures for your slide shows. Very nice touch.


Year of the Skykey

Thanks! :)

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male CG Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4.1 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 19) | CMB +9 CMD 22 (FF 20) | HP 45/45 | Init +3 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +1 | Perception +5 | Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | Orc Ferocity 1/1 | Rage 12/12 | Draw Weapon as Free Action during Surprise Round | +2 STR & Ignore 2 Hardness to break object | Damage Reduction (2/-), (4/lethal) | Extreme Cold Endurance | Active Conditions:

Yaiho reads the letter and mumbles to himself "Formal attire." He goes rummaging through his chest and pulls out a jeweled loin cloth and strips, putting the loin cloth on before standing in front of the mirror. Memories of his last 'formal' dance with his tribe come to mind.

But recalls last time he went to a 'formal' event here he got reprimanded. He still did not fully understand city folks. He put his usual cloths back on and goes out shopping for something the locals would not be offended by.

After wandering around some he finally buys something and returns home. On the day of the meeting he approaches the gathering spot wearing black leather pants and a jacket made of tiger pelt.

Yaiho smiles at everyone, "Yaiho happy to see everyone."

Bought a courtier's outfit.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Druid (wild whisperer) 2, Wizard (exploiter wizard) 2 | HP: 20/20, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 15* (T 11, FF 14*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 13 | F:+3* R:+1 W:+8 | Init +1 | Perc +7 (+2 beside Prickles), SM +3*, Diplomacy +1, WE +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: D1st: 2/3, W1st: 3/3 | Arcane Reservoir 5/5, Inspiration 3/5, Miracle Worker 1/1, Pearl of Power 1/1, Tireless Logic 1/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour

Ahahahaha!

Danicka smiles at Forrest and waves at him shyly, but his clap on the back nearly knocks her right off her feet.

"Eeek!" she squeaks as she teeters and totters on her fashionable new shoes. She clutches onto her broom and digs it into the ground, using it to help keep her standing.

Finally stable, but looking completely foolish, she blushes brightly and stammers, "H-h-hello, Forrest. You look really n-n-nice." She pulls her hat down over her face in embarrassment and takes a solid minute to get herself back to standing up properly, without the use of her broom.

"Oh, my...." she mutters.

Seeing Yaiho, Danicka smiles and waves hello again before she blushes brightly. "Oh, my, Yaiho... You sure have a lot of... um..." She blushes brightly. "Your pants are so... tight!"

Out of curiosity, does Yaiho have a shirt under his awesome jacket?

Too embarrassed to look Yaiho in the eyes, Danicka looks up at the sky. "It's n-n-nice to see you too, Yaiho."

"I'm sorry I couldn't find any of you for tea a few weeks ago. I guess I took too long to get ready..."

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4.1 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 19) | CMB +9 CMD 22 (FF 20) | HP 45/45 | Init +3 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +1 | Perception +5 | Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | Orc Ferocity 1/1 | Rage 12/12 | Draw Weapon as Free Action during Surprise Round | +2 STR & Ignore 2 Hardness to break object | Damage Reduction (2/-), (4/lethal) | Extreme Cold Endurance | Active Conditions:

No shirt. The jacket is button up but the top of his chest is slightly exposed. :P

Silver Crusade

Female Druid (wild whisperer) 2, Wizard (exploiter wizard) 2 | HP: 20/20, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 15* (T 11, FF 14*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 13 | F:+3* R:+1 W:+8 | Init +1 | Perc +7 (+2 beside Prickles), SM +3*, Diplomacy +1, WE +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: D1st: 2/3, W1st: 3/3 | Arcane Reservoir 5/5, Inspiration 3/5, Miracle Worker 1/1, Pearl of Power 1/1, Tireless Logic 1/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour

Haha. I thought so! Then Danicka is EXTRA flustered!

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.
CN Male Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: 3, CMD: 16 | F:4 R:7 W:1 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (+4 Dex/-2 Wis/+2 AC)
Resources:
| Bombs: 8/9 | Extracts: (1st): 4/5 | Extracts: (2nd): 2/2

"Formal attire? I already detest this new captain. I will follow your lead, big guy." Rook walking with Yaiho as they look for some clothes to wear. Between the tailor looking to create something large enough and the exotic materials Yaiho was picking out...Rook couldn't help but crack a smile.

When it came time for his own outfit he had a few ideas and so did Needle. Lots of cursing and what sounded like a small explosion took place in the backroom before he came out sporting his custom formal wear.

His well fitting attire includes a deep-red buttoned shirt underneath a vest made from a black python with a silver chain attached to his wayfinder. A pair of silver eye-glasses rest upon his nose and atop is head is a top-hat modified to open from the top for Needle who quickly popped out to assist his master in yelling for the shop keeper.

"HEY! Where is my duster...you said you could make it formal! Do I need to come back there again?" Rook starts to yell as a terrified attendant exits the back room holding a new black duster with silver accouterments. Inside are pockets to store his various reagents inside iron vials without looking out of place.

The idiot tried to tell me a duster with my supplies wouldn't cut it as formal!

He takes a deep bow in front of Yaiho and they head back.

"Let's go Tiger!" he laughs.

Shopping List:

Courtier's Outfit with Jewelry - 80GP
Eye Glasses - 5GP
Hip Flask - 1GP
10x Iron, Vials - 1GP

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human cavalier [DC] 2 / gunslinger [MS] 1 | Init +2, Senses Perception +6 | AC 19/12/17 (+6 armor, +2 Dex, +1 Shield)Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +0, +2 vs curse, fear, and emotion effects | | HP 25/25 | Challenge 1/1 | Demoralize 1/1 | Grit 2/2 | Tactician 1/1 | Condition:

Brock curses as he reads the summons, disgustedly crumpling the note hucking it into the corner.

"Formal attire? What the hell. I don't do formal attire."

He briefly debates ignoring the dress code and showing up in his well worn leather, chain and plate. Then he thinks about bagging a higher class of strumpet in some fancy duds.

"Well, I guess I am a little flush with coin at the moment." he mutters to himself as he gathers his gear and leaves his room.

He had spent the past few weeks in a fine balance of drunken carousing, gambling, and managing to get a few actual things done. As he makes his way to a fine clothier he ardently smiles at his fine, sleek, beautiful musket. He spent long hours restoring the battered thing into a true work beauty. Toeing the line between art and sleek, deadly functionality, it turned out very nice.

I can't wait to shoot someone with it

Finding a fancy store, he had to show the color of his coin immediately to prevent them from attempting to throw him out, and him inevitably shooting someone. Apparently well worn, possibly bloodstained traveling clothes weren't in vogue in this part of town.

Gritting his teeth and enduring the rigamarole of choosing a formal outfit and getting fitted, he manages an understated outfit of black and blue, with his frock coat cut to fit over his breastplate, which he had polished to a fine silver sheen.

He then had to foolishly spend his hard earned gold on foppish rings and a ridiculous jeweled dagger.

Pathfinders will be getting a bill for this, and I may come back and burn this store down later

Meeting up with the group later he nods at his companions, glad that he didn't get stuck with a bejeweled girdle like some,.

"I see we all got the same message."

Courtiers outfit and the jewelry

Liberty's Edge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 19, t 13, ff 17 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+7, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 8/8; 2nd 4/4 | Channel Positive Energy: 4/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 4/4 | Delay Affliction: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: None

"Well, this requirement to meet the Venture Captain seems downright frivolous..."

Arin follows Yaiho and Rook to the clothier, not really wanting to be left behind to figure this out on his own. Like most of the others, formal attire is not his thing.

As fitters and helpers whisk the half-orcs away, Arin is left with the help of the owner's daughter. "So, how much did your dads say you could spend on clothes today!"

Arin is caught off guard by her presumption. "Wait, what? They're not my...!! Why do you think both of them..." Before he can spit out his half-collected questions and thoughts she grabs his hand and takes him away to the kids section.

When he finally gets a look at himself in the dressing room mirror, she's inflicted upon him: a full white suit with a glittering gold cape, a gold bowtie and vest, a ridiculously tall, white top-hat wrapped in a gold ribbon, a monocle, and adding an effect he didn't bargain for, tappy tap-dance shoes!

He tries to turn slightly in the mirror, just enough to reveal the back of the cape to himself. "Sigh. Well at least she was in the right area on color scheme. Otherwise this looks like an Aasimar magician's assistant. Maybe I should have tagged along with Danicka for something more... subtle."

Figuring he can do no better on his own, he resigns himself to dandy fate and slinks over to the Grand Lodge.

bought courtiers outfit, with uh, extra nonsense


Year of the Skykey

What a fantastically stylish party! :)

School of Spirits

The autumn rains have come early this year, and a chill wind blows off the waters of Absalom’s harbour, bringing with it the smell of a storm somewhere far off at sea. Venture-Captain Drandle Dreng hurries down the street in a most unusual outfit for the ageing Venture-Captain: some sort of blue military uniform complete with a green sash displaying a pair of ornate medals and a black umbrella. "Ah, there you all are," he half-mutters to himself. "Is everyone here?" Without waiting for an answer, he turns on his heels and heads off at a brisk pace, occasionally turning around to make sure everyone is keeping up, appreciatively noting your extraordinary formal outfits.

Know. Nobility (DC 12) *or* Know. Local (DC 12):
You recognise that Dreng is wearing the dress uniform of a junior officer in the Taldan Navy.
If you beat the DC 5 or more, you may open the following spoiler.
Spoiler:
You also recognise that he is wearing two service medals: a Combat Action Ribbon and a Counter Espionage Ribbon, the latter of which is rumoured to only be awarded to members of the Lion Blades, Taldor's secretive espionage organisation.

Hardly pausing to keep you in earshot, Dreng continues. "You're probably wondering where I'm dragging you, eh? Seven years ago I sent young agents much like yourselves on a preliminary exploration of the necropolis below the Drownyard in the Precipice Quarter. The Drownyard is the name that was given to the old Tri-Towers School, once home to some of Absalom's wealthiest progeny. It was destroyed in the great earthquake of 4698 AR, and we thought that all of the children, teachers, and staff had perished."

"But let be back up a bit. Eight years ago, the Society discovered an ancient necropolis under the Drownyard. It dates back to the third century AR, and if you know anything about Absalom's history, you’ll know that we know almost nothing about those early years. It took me almost an entire year of negotiating with the parents of the children who died in the Tri-Towers Yard to convince them to grant us access to the site, and when we did, what did we find? A lot of spooky stuff: undead, haunts, and some nasty bugs. But we also found something completely unexpected: a survivor. A little slip of a girl named Junia Dacilane somehow survived in a death-like state for 10 years. The only thing that kept her alive was a ring of sustenance that she had found among the crypts. Junia's mother, Lady Miranda Dacilane, was of course beside herself when we pulled her living daughter from the ruins and she vowed to not only give the Society full access to the property, but personally underwrite our archaeological efforts there. Soon thereafter I set up an archaeological dig at the Drownyard, and we've been pulling out fascinating fragments from Absalom's early history ever since. Every year I visit Lady Dacilane to renew our contract to maintain the dig, but this year it seems that she wants us to jump through an additional hoop. She wants us, or rather you, to escort her daughter back to the Drownyard. It seems that Junia's become a bit obsessed with her alma mater, and since the Precipice Quarter is no place for pampered young noblewomen, she needs an escort. Think you can manage that?"

Without giving you a chance to answer him, Dreng quickly adds, "Oh, and don't forget to call the Drownyard the Tri-Towers Yard while we're at Dacilane Manor. No one who lost children in the earthquake likes to be reminded of that tragedy... even the ones who got their child back."

Open all spoilers with a DC that is less than or equal to your result.

Know. Local (DC 10) *or* Know. History (DC 10):
The Precipice Quarter was once a wealthy neighbourhood called Beldrin's Bluff, until an earthquake in 4698 AR broke several blocks of the district into the sea and killed hundreds.

Know. Local (DC 15) *or* Know. History (DC 15):
After the earthquake, the people of Beldrin's Bluff moved away. Many people in Absalom believe the district is cursed, and restless undead and vermin roam the streets at night. The most prominent locations in Beldrin's Bluff were the Tri-Tower's Yard, an academy for the children of Absalom's wealthy and powerful, and the Arboretum Arcanis, which displayed rare plants from all over the Inner Sea.

Know. Local (DC 20) *or* Know. History (DC 20):
The Tri-Towers Yard is haunted. The spirits of the children who perished in the earthquake are unable to reach their final rest. For nearly a decade, a man named Deris Marlinchen, the father of one of the young victims, wandered the yard, speaking to spirits no one else could see. Since his disappearance seven years ago, the haunts at the old school have grown increasingly malevolent.

Dreng continues to walk, the rain pattering gently on his umbrella...

Welcome to the next exciting instalment of the Year of the Sky Key! Information about Dreng and the precipice quarter have been added to the handouts.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4.1 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 19) | CMB +9 CMD 22 (FF 20) | HP 45/45 | Init +3 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +1 | Perception +5 | Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | Orc Ferocity 1/1 | Rage 12/12 | Draw Weapon as Free Action during Surprise Round | +2 STR & Ignore 2 Hardness to break object | Damage Reduction (2/-), (4/lethal) | Extreme Cold Endurance | Active Conditions:

With his longer stride, Yaiho is easily able tokeep up with Dreng.

"Yaiho think daughter might have left something behind."

I think between all of us, except Danicka. We might look like the typical Fancy Pimps you see on TV.

The Exchange

Male Human cavalier [DC] 2 / gunslinger [MS] 1 | Init +2, Senses Perception +6 | AC 19/12/17 (+6 armor, +2 Dex, +1 Shield)Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +0, +2 vs curse, fear, and emotion effects | | HP 25/25 | Challenge 1/1 | Demoralize 1/1 | Grit 2/2 | Tactician 1/1 | Condition:

Oooh yeah, get our pimp strut on. My mental image of our group is awesome

Know Local: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Know Local: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

As Brock struts along with his fancy group, cutting in incredible picture that he wished someone could memorialize in some type of moving painting, maybe evwn with a magical song playing in the background.

Even with magic, such is impossible.
. Or at least impractical

Studying their contact, Brock takes a moment to mutter to the group.

"Taldan Navy, and a hero at that. He might be part of their espionage service as well. This won't be a simple walk in the park, certainly there is more to this than we have been told."

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Druid (wild whisperer) 2, Wizard (exploiter wizard) 2 | HP: 20/20, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 15* (T 11, FF 14*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 13 | F:+3* R:+1 W:+8 | Init +1 | Perc +7 (+2 beside Prickles), SM +3*, Diplomacy +1, WE +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: D1st: 2/3, W1st: 3/3 | Arcane Reservoir 5/5, Inspiration 3/5, Miracle Worker 1/1, Pearl of Power 1/1, Tireless Logic 1/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour

While Danicka looks like a child playing dress up in her mother's clothes.

As soon as Venture Captain Dreng starts to walk off--so quickly!--Danicka's eyes widen. She tries to hurry after them, and promptly loses her balance, pinwheeling her arms through the air to keep on her feet.

"Eeek!"

She lands on the cobblestones on her butt. "Ouch!"

Deeply embarrassed, she hurries up to her feet with great difficulty and goes back to leaning heavily on her staff just to stay standing.

Oh, dear! I should have kept on my old shoes! Why, oh why, did I listen to that saleswoman? Brown cotton shoes go with everything!

Danicka continues down the street, hobbling comically with the help of her staff. Clearly, every step is a battle. She squeals practically constantly, each time she wavers one way over the other, or almost falls over into the dirty road. Luckily, Prickles give her a nudge now and then to save her from such spills.

Feeling and looking quite foolish, Danicka blushes brightly.

Oh, how embarrassing!

Knowledge History: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

As distracted as she is by standing, she barely recalls anything of importance.

"The Precipice Quarter was once a wealthy neighbourhood called Beldrin's Bluff, until an earthquake in 4698 AR broke several blocks of the district into the sea and killed hundreds."

Unfortunately, that's when she nearly falls over again. She lets out a shriek and is saved from an ungraceful tumble only by her dog. Danicka falls over Prickles who trots off down the street with her over his back like a sack of potatoes. With her butt in the air and hands and feet dangling down to the ground, Danicka let's out another shriek.

"Okay, that's enough! Stop please, Prickles. Down! Stop! Heel! Wait! Please?"

Eventually Prickles lets Danicka walk under her own power again, although she's spend most of the trip in an undignified heap overtop of her uncontrollable dog.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M NG Halfling Swashbuckler 3 Panache 4/4 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +7, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +4, SM: +2| Speed 30ft | 4 AoO/Round | Parry Attacks
Bot Me!:
[dice=Rapier]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d4+3[/dice]

Forrest pumps his short legs as fast as he can to keep up with the Venture Captain. Arms flying, he gets out a question.  "During your archeological dig over the last few years, did you come upon anything spooky? Any of the haunts or undead the Pathfinders found seven years ago? "  Sweat gleaming on his forehead, Forrest tries to adjust his suit jacket. This thing does not fit right. I knew I should have gone to the nice side of town to pick out an outfit!


Year of the Skykey

"It's certainly possible," Dreng says to Yaiho, "but we've been picking through that place for so long, I somehow doubt it. In any case I think that's something young Junia will tell you herself in due course." Dreng continues his brisk pace as he answers Forrest's question. "Quite a few actually: undead, haunts, the lot. Scary stuff, actually, but it's clear now. We sent in specialists... Although, there is that one-" He turns around when he hears a sudden shriek, but doesn't stop. "Are you alright, Miss Raburnus? Try to keep up!" Since Danicka seems mostly vertical, he turns back to the road ahead and forgets all about what he going to say. "Anyway, kudos for sprucing yourselves up a little. You wouldn't believe how much some agents would grumble about something so simple as putting on their Sunday's best. But the upper classes are impressed with this sort of pomp," he gestures to his own uniform and, to a lesser extent, your incredible formal wear, "and it should help us make a better impression on Lady Dacilane."

After approximately 10 minutes of walking (or riding) through the rain, you arrive at your destination.

Dacilane Manor is an imposing four-story townhouse of heavy masonry with a parapet roof that is festooned with numerous leering, demonic gargoyles. After knocking on the door, a middle-aged halfling woman in a large apron answers it. "Please come in. My lady will join you momentarily in the drawing room." She smiles widely at Dreng and takes his umbrella, hanging it on the wall. "May I take your coat, miss?" She asks Danicka before leading you towards the drawing room. The interior of Dacilane Manor is just as impressive as the outside, with a grand staircase curving along the wall to the second floor. You notice that heavy black draperies cover all the windows, shrouding the vast foyer, and the Manor in general, in shadows. As the servant leads you through the open double doors by the stairs into the drawing room, you see that the theme for the furniture in the manor is obviously Chelaxian gothic, all of it impressively sized and valued. She invites you to sit on the dark-stained mahogany wooden chairs and then sets about mopping up the rainwater you dripped onto the floor in the foyer.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4.1 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 19) | CMB +9 CMD 22 (FF 20) | HP 45/45 | Init +3 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +1 | Perception +5 | Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | Orc Ferocity 1/1 | Rage 12/12 | Draw Weapon as Free Action during Surprise Round | +2 STR & Ignore 2 Hardness to break object | Damage Reduction (2/-), (4/lethal) | Extreme Cold Endurance | Active Conditions:

Yaiho glances around the room. "Yaiho thinks she likes black." He then sits down in one of the wooden chairs, hearing it creak in protest from Yaiho's weight.

He waits patiently to be served tea, but seeing the servant continue to mop the floor he sighs and resigns himself to wait.

The Exchange

CN Rhamphorhynchus Tumor Familiar (Sage Figment) | HP: 3/3 | AC: 15 T:15 FF:12 | CMB: 2, CMD: 9 | F:3 R:8 W:2 | Init: 3 | Speed: Base 30/Fly 40 (Good) | Active conditions: None
Skills:
Fly: 11 | Knowledge (Dungeoneering/Engineering): 3/2 | Perception: 6 | Stealth: 11

Hearing the new voice the lid of Rook's top-hat pops open revealing Needle (who is now sporting an ornate silvered cap on its beak) who gives a low screech at the man.

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9

Finding nothing of particular interest it climb atop its master's shoulder.

Knowledge (History): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16

However when hearing the story a memory pops into both of their heads causing a shrill chirp from Needle urging his master to bring out the chalkboard.

The Exchange

CN Male Half-Orc Alchemist (Grenadier) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 T: 13 FF: 15 | CMB: 3, CMD: 16 | F:4 R:7 W:1 | Init: 7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Mutagen (+4 Dex/-2 Wis/+2 AC)
Resources:
| Bombs: 8/9 | Extracts: (1st): 4/5 | Extracts: (2nd): 2/2

Totally gotta look into getting a commission of this motley crew.

Rook clearly unimpressed by the official-looking man kept fairly quiet on the walk trying to figure out what insane task was before them. As he listened Needle began to stir...

Not worth trying to shut you up anymore. Let's hear it...well see it.

...and after hearing his signature chirp Rook dug out the chalkboard and a small piece of chalk. Needle quickly scribbled down a few words as they walked.

Drownyards=Cursed. Nightime=Undead & Vermin. Arboretum=Rare Plants.

He works to piece it together and inform the group.

"Looks like Needle shares the same thoughts as Forrest...this place is cursed and there are undead running around at night? Is it positively cleared Venture-Captain...last time we didn't get the whole story we almost got trapped in a book!" he says waiting for a response and also making note of the area of possible alchemical ingredients.

He nudges Brock and quietly tells him about the Arboretum.

"Might be some valuable stuff down there. Apparently they had a repository of rare plants...rare means expensive if anything survived!"

---

Stepping up to the house Rook taps the top-hat ensuring that Needle knows to stay hidden during their negotiations.

You know the drill. Apparently flying lizards are bad for business.

As he steps inside he hears the halfling ask for Danicka's coat to which he closes his with no intention of hanging it up. As they sit down into the seats he makes not of the luxurious interior.

"My favorite kind of client." he says under his breath.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 31/31 | AC 19, t 13, ff 17 | CMB 1, CMD 13 | F+2 R+3 W+5 | Init+2 | Low-light vision | Perc+7, SM+1 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 8/8; 2nd 4/4 | Channel Positive Energy: 4/6 | Energy Body (rounds): 4/4 | Delay Affliction: 1/1 | Eternal Hope: 1/1 | SLAs: arcane mark 1/1, comprehend languages 1/1, message 1/1, read magic 1/1 | Active conditions: None

A short ways into their walk he starts to feel everybody staring at him. Soon after that he becomes conscious of his tap-dancing shoes. They're causing the little gnome to sound like a horse clip-clopping down the road. When no-one is looking he quickly takes them off and walks the rest of the way to the house in his socks.

As they follow Dreng along the road Arin waits his turn to get in a question.

"What is the ultimate end to her obsession? That is, once we've escorted her there what happens?"

When they finally arrive, he waits until nobody is looking to see how badly his socks were dirtied. he slips his shoes back on and casually steps into the house as if he doesn't notice the noise. He sits down in one of the luxurious chairs as soon as he can to end it.


Year of the Skykey

I forgot Needle has his own set of knowledge skills, otherwise I probably would have held off on the last post till now...

Dreng is too intent, it seems, on getting to his destination in good time to answer the questions promptly. Finally, he distractedly answers Arin as they head into the sprawling Dalcilane estate surrounded by fountains, and a carefully landscaped garden. "That's something you'll have to ask young Junia, I'm afraid. All I know is that she's quite determined to visit the Tri-Towers Yard."

---

Once Dreng has settled into a chair within the Manor, he gets to answering Rook's question. Although it's entirely possible he's just trying to make conversation. "The necropolis was positively infested with undead and ghosts when the first agents went down. Spooky stuff, I'll tell you! Those first agents had some pretty close calls, both during and after that expedition. Colourful characters much like yourselves, they were. Went on to do big things. Anyway, it's cleared now... Well there is the small matter of- Ah!" A tall, stern-looking, yet attractive Chelaxian woman practically glides into the drawing room with a grace unlike any you've seen before. Her face is sharply featured, of fair complexion, with black hair accented with grey and white. She is dressed in an exquisitely made, floor-length black gown streaked through with crimson, emphasising her statuesque appearance. Her only jewellery is the small, delicate silver necklace featuring an upside-down pentagram pendant.

Dreng immediately leaps up to greet her with a formal bow, gentlemanly kissing her hand. "Lady Dacilane, may I introduce Agents Crasher, Glavo, Swiftread, Kruhl, Qualnoh, and Raburnus. They are students of both the arcane and of science, martial experts, and a divine conduit for a patron of life. Furthermore, they recently showed great bravery in the protection of a fellow Venture-Captain, putting their very souls at risk without the slightest hesitation. Your daughter will be in fine hands." The Venture-Captain then launches into a prepared speech about the importance of Lady Dacilane's ongoing support of the Society's activities and the many important artefacts they have been able to recover from the Tri-Towers Yard necropolis. Lady Dacilane listens politely, making a few superficial inquiries into several details about the management of the site before getting to the heart of the negotiation and addressing you directly.

"As I am sure Master Dreng has already informed you, I have a particular request of the Pathfinder Society this year. My daughter Junia has recently celebrated her eighteenth birthday, but she maintains a certain obsession with the traumatic events that befell her at the Tri-Towers Yard so many years ago. I have stopped her from sneaking out of the manor and visiting that place several times, and I feel that her past is keeping her from fully embracing her future. I would ask that you accompany her to the gods-forsaken Precipice Quarter and let her see her fill of the decay and misery. Perhaps those sights will cure her of her unnatural obsessions."

She stands ready to answer any questions you might have.

The Exchange

Male Human cavalier [DC] 2 / gunslinger [MS] 1 | Init +2, Senses Perception +6 | AC 19/12/17 (+6 armor, +2 Dex, +1 Shield)Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +0, +2 vs curse, fear, and emotion effects | | HP 25/25 | Challenge 1/1 | Demoralize 1/1 | Grit 2/2 | Tactician 1/1 | Condition:

Brock nods enthusiasticly at Rook's suggestion, "Just let me know what to look for and I'm in. Gotta offset the cost of this rediculus jewelry somehow. I feel like a peacock."

...

Arriving at the fine dwelling, Brock takes his seat and keeps his peace, having no particular or prudent questions.

Eighteen eh? Is she hot?"

Snapping out of an idle, but quite pleasant, daydream he manages a quiet question.

"Although well explored, our presense indicates danger below. Does your daughter possess any particular capabilities to assist if things go wrong. Magic, perhaps?"

With the fancy house and lady, Brock used just about every big word he knew, and possibly even correctly. It was shaping up to be an OK day.

I'll take undead, haunts, maybe even necromancer and cultists over fae

Liberty's Edge

M NG Halfling Swashbuckler 3 Panache 4/4 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 21 (16 Tch, 16 FF) | CMB: +7, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +4, SM: +2| Speed 30ft | 4 AoO/Round | Parry Attacks
Bot Me!:
[dice=Rapier]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d4+3[/dice]

Forrest bows deeply, taking off his slightly crumpled top hat and holding it to his chest. His attitude is one you've rarely seen before, that of the model servant, ready to please. Because you know him, however, you can see that his smile doesn't reach his eyes. "We would be honored to escort your daughter, madam. Mr. Drang asked for the best, and that is what you will receive. " He looks at the group with a wink. Well, perhaps not the best yet. But the best in our class, at any rate! He continues, nodding at Brock's question. "I must ask how worldly your daughter is. I would hate for us to allow her close to something more unpleasant than she is prepared for. "

Silver Crusade

Female Druid (wild whisperer) 2, Wizard (exploiter wizard) 2 | HP: 20/20, Temp HP: 0/0 | AC 15* (T 11, FF 14*) | CMB: +2 CMD: 13 | F:+3* R:+1 W:+8 | Init +1 | Perc +7 (+2 beside Prickles), SM +3*, Diplomacy +1, WE +2 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: D1st: 2/3, W1st: 3/3 | Arcane Reservoir 5/5, Inspiration 3/5, Miracle Worker 1/1, Pearl of Power 1/1, Tireless Logic 1/1, Volatile Conduit 1/1 | Active Conditions: Mage Armour

Danicka shakes her head no and blushes brightly, looking quite panicked at taking off her cloak. But, after realizing it's wet from the rain and covered in dog hair from her misadventures on the way here, she begrudgingly takes it off and hands it to the halfling woman.

"Th-th-thank you!" she stammers nervously. She crosses her arms over herself, looking positively mortified to be wearing something so risqué!

Unlike her frumpy scholars robes which cover her from neck to wrists to ankles, her fancy black and silver dress is fitted and makes her look quite stylish and pretty; revealing her collarbone (far too low cut!), her arms up to her elbows (gasp!) and her legs up to her knees (indecent!).

Clutching her broom to her chest in embarrassment, she stumbles into the room on her black high-heeled boots and sits in the first chair she comes across.

Oh, how embarrassing! I'm barely dressed!

---

Upon seeing the very regal and sophisticated Lady Dacilane, Danicka blushes even brighter.

She's so glamorous!

Danicka tries her best to stutter out a greeting, but it only comes out a nervous squeak.

Be brave! BE BRAVE! You've fought of monsters, and escaped mindscapes! You've seen far more of people's insides than you've ever imagined! You can say hello to a noblewoman!

"H-h-h-hello!" she stammers nervously. She blushes brighter, but manages to make eye contact.

Nailed it!

Danicka places a hand to her chest in shock. "Oh, dear. Is she quite sure she wants to go back there?" she squeaks with worry. "It won't be a pleasant experience, I'm afraid." After a moment she adds, "Oh! We'll keep her safe, Lady Dacilane, I assure you..."

At Forrest's question, she nods.

1,001 to 1,050 of 1,594 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] GM ShieldBug's The Year of the Sky Key - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.