[PFS] #5–08: The Confirmation (Play-by-Post; Table 2) (Inactive)

Game Master Robert Brookes

Current Encounter Map: Kortos Caves


251 to 280 of 280 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

HP:21/21 | AC:18 | T:13 | FF:15 | CMD:17 | CMB:+4 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+6 / +7 vs. traps | Will:+4 | Initiative:+3 | Perception:+9+1d6 | Darkvision (120') | Stealth: +11 | Group Loot

Thad follows Brox toward the reported sound, a wary eye on their prisoners.


Current Map

The Pathfinders dash through the tunnels without a second thought - the route ahead of them leads through a maze of tight passages that include steep ascents and short climbs as they wind from west to east.

Pressing on, they can hear the sounds of a distant battle echoing through the caves, intermixed with inspirational tales of famous Pathfinders and the heroic deeds — certainly the raging fight between Janira and the minotaur. At a certain point, Janira’s words are sufficiently audible that they can feel their arcane inspired bolstering - they must be close!

However the path ahead is made of tight tunnels, ranging from 2 to 5 feet in width to about 9 feet in height. The slick floors and steady incline from west to east make the task of progressing further even more difficult, but their determination proves to be stronger than those meager obstacles, and the starlight from the surface world above provides a welcome reprieve from the blue and green fungus of the caverns below - light illuminates a stream whose water is hastened by runoff from a recent storm further up the mountains, and a ledge to the west rises up to the nearby forest canopy.

Dragging the creatures behind, you emerge from the caverns into a 40-foot clearing at the base of the Kortos Mounts. The full moon above provides dim light over the entire area, bright enough to illuminate a shaded leaf litter beneath the trees. These patches of woodland are filled with underbrush.

An about 3-foot-diameter tree truck spans the width of the stream ahead of you, creating an impromptu bridge, and the slope to the west gradually rises to a height of 20 feet.

From the cave’s entrance, and about 100' away, you see Janira... Still locked in combat with her relentless minotaur foe in a clearing on the southern bank of the stream - her voice is clearly audible - “You vile beast! I know not what drives your black heart, but I shall not fail in my duty. I shall see you driven from this forest, back to the hills from whence you came!”

You are up guys!

Mors Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Brox Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Thaddeus Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

>>MAP<< (Scroll down to see full map)

Silver Crusade

HP 22/24 :: AC 20 CMD 17 :: Fort +8 Reflex +5 Will +8 :: Perception +2 (Darkvision 60) Initiative +1

Mors reacts instantly, dropping the ropes securing the kobolds as he rushes forward, a prayer on his lips.

”JANIRA! TO US! NOW! WE FIGHT TOGETHER!”

___________
I’m factoring Inspire Courage in. (Is it a +1 bonus?)
Free: to drop kobold rope
Move: to O.10
Standard: Cast Divine Favor

Conditions/Effects:
Inspire Courage +1, Divine Favor (1 of 10); Current ACP -6 (shield worn/medium encumbrance)

Silver Crusade

HP 22/24 :: AC 20 CMD 17 :: Fort +8 Reflex +5 Will +8 :: Perception +2 (Darkvision 60) Initiative +1

I figure we try to get Janira to come form up ... give us a chance to pre-buff a bit and accept his charge and hit him in unison.


Current Map

Waiting on Thaddeus and Brox, being weekend and all.

Mors position updated on the map.

Sovereign Court

HP:21/21 | AC:18 | T:13 | FF:15 | CMD:17 | CMB:+4 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+6 / +7 vs. traps | Will:+4 | Initiative:+3 | Perception:+9+1d6 | Darkvision (120') | Stealth: +11 | Group Loot

I thought I needed to wait for Brox, but I'll go.

Thaddeus moves with Mors. Withdrawing a vial from his bandolier, he awaits the coming hostilites. "Perhaps we should try controlling that bridge?" He suggests, pointing toward a fallen log crossing the stream.

Move to P9
Draw Potion of Barkskin


No worries. First round prepping for second round, hence the "throw" attack

Please me three squares west of Mors. Move due south 30 feet, drawing a dagger while moving.

Throw Atk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

I can't see the minotaur on the map so I have no idea what the range increment is...please factor it in after the roll. Thx!


Current Map

My stuff - KEEP OUT!:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 102d6 + 9 ⇒ (5, 2) + 9 = 16
1d20 ⇒ 102d6 + 9 ⇒ (1, 3) + 9 = 13

Brox, you were in Q:6 - don't think you can get as far as 3 squares west of Mors, I've placed you in M:10.

The Pathfinders move forward as one, rushing to the aid of Janira as best as each of them can - Mors' roar catches the bard's attention, her face turning to look towards her would be saviors. Even in the dim moonlit night, her smile at seeing you is visible, as well as the fact that she is tired from fighting off the massive beast.

Taking a step back, her whip lashes, seemingly useless against the very bulk of the minotaur, but wrapping around one feet of the monster - then Janira pulls, but to no avail.

In response, it steps forward, swinging the brutal axe in a murderous downwards chop - he does seem somewhat hindered by the whip coils around his feet, the attack missing and smashing hard against a rock close by.

Brox's thrown dagger flies wide, ineffective mostly due to the distance to its intended target - glinting as it catches the moonlight, falling short and to the side. If the massive creature noticed it didn't show, as it continues to seem intent on murdering Janira, threatening her with a low, guttural growl - "You die"

You guys are up!

>>MAP<<

Silver Crusade

HP 22/24 :: AC 20 CMD 17 :: Fort +8 Reflex +5 Will +8 :: Perception +2 (Darkvision 60) Initiative +1

"DAMMIT!" Mors growls as his shouts fail to draw the beast away from Janira. "We gotta get over there. He ain't coming to us."

He lumbers into a run across the ground, trying to leap the water to close the distance.

Full round to run 60ft to M.22 (or as close as possible), trying to hit an Acro of 10 to clear the creek.
Acro: 1d20 + 2 - 6 ⇒ (10) + 2 - 6 = 6


No sense in stoppin' now...

Full round run from M10 to M22 Acrobatics to leap over the creek

Acrobatics 10: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Sovereign Court

HP:21/21 | AC:18 | T:13 | FF:15 | CMD:17 | CMB:+4 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+6 / +7 vs. traps | Will:+4 | Initiative:+3 | Perception:+9+1d6 | Darkvision (120') | Stealth: +11 | Group Loot
Mors Buolgun wrote:
"DAMMIT!" Mors growls as his shouts fail to draw the beast away from Janira. "We gotta get over there. He ain't coming to us."

With a curt nod, Thad springs into motion behind his fellows. Building up speed, he leaps across the bank with more grace than his narrow frame might suggest.

Double move to J.21
Acro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


.


Current Map

Rolling dice:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 2 = 232d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1) + 4 = 9
1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 - 2 = 122d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1) + 4 = 6

Thaddeus, I am not sure you can move that far away with a double move, but we'll roll with it. Mors, you manage to jump about halfway into the stream, but you are smack dab in the middle of it now.

The companions rush across the open area, the moonlight reflecting off weapons and armor as they dash to help Janira - Brox and Thaddeus deftly make it across the stream, but Mors' jump doesn't take him as far as he would wish, the man landing squarely, knee deep in the murmuring brook.

Again stepping back, Janira reaches for her bag, retrieving and launching a small pack at the minotaur - as it hits the massive creature, it comes apart and goo bursts out, entangling her foe - the goo quickly begins to dry, seemingly becoming tough and resilient upon exposure to air.

Even covered in the fast drying mixture, the minotaur steps forward, dragging pieces of dirt, grass and small stones with its feet - "Your tricks will not save you! Neither your puny friends!" - he roars, swinging again.

The overhead chop hits Janira hard on the collarbone, opening a huge gash, from where blood spurts freely - her eyes glaze over, and the bard falls down like a rag doll. Surprisingly fast, the massive monstrosity reverts his grip on the axe, launching a powerful backswing at Brox, but the rogue is quick to react, nimbly dodging out of reach - "HAH! Now it's your turn small ones! She dead, and now YOU be dead too!" - the challenge is unmistakable.

You guys are up!

>>MAP<<

Silver Crusade

HP 22/24 :: AC 20 CMD 17 :: Fort +8 Reflex +5 Will +8 :: Perception +2 (Darkvision 60) Initiative +1

Ooh! Will post as soon as I can (away from comp right now).

Sovereign Court

HP:21/21 | AC:18 | T:13 | FF:15 | CMD:17 | CMB:+4 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+6 / +7 vs. traps | Will:+4 | Initiative:+3 | Perception:+9+1d6 | Darkvision (120') | Stealth: +11 | Group Loot
GM - Obermind wrote:
** spoiler omitted **Thaddeus, I am not sure you can move that far away with a double move, but we'll roll with it. Mors, you manage to jump about halfway into the stream, but you are smack dab in the middle of it now.

My mistake - I mistyped my intended position. I was trying to run straight down (I think it was P.21) within my legal move ability. I'll work from wherever you decide.

Silver Crusade

HP 22/24 :: AC 20 CMD 17 :: Fort +8 Reflex +5 Will +8 :: Perception +2 (Darkvision 60) Initiative +1

"NO!" Mors roars as he struggles out of the stream. He rushes the beast, driving his blade at its gut.

"Thad! Flank with Brox!"

Move L.22. (Even if the stream is difficult, I think I have just enough movement.)
Then standard to attack (though I'm assuming Janira's Inspire just stopped. If not, add +1 to all of the following)

Including Divine Favor
+1 longsword: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 = 28 <— CRIT?
damage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 = 12
Crit confirm: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11
add'l damage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 = 12

Conditions/Effects:
Inspire Courage +1, Divine Favor (2 of 10); Current ACP -6 (shield worn/medium encumbrance)

Sovereign Court

HP:21/21 | AC:18 | T:13 | FF:15 | CMD:17 | CMB:+4 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+6 / +7 vs. traps | Will:+4 | Initiative:+3 | Perception:+9+1d6 | Darkvision (120') | Stealth: +11 | Group Loot

Ober, where do you want me to be positioned?


Current Map

We can roll as it is Thaddeus ;) J:21, and take it from there.

Sovereign Court

HP:21/21 | AC:18 | T:13 | FF:15 | CMD:17 | CMB:+4 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+6 / +7 vs. traps | Will:+4 | Initiative:+3 | Perception:+9+1d6 | Darkvision (120') | Stealth: +11 | Group Loot

Somersaulting behind the wicked behemoth, Thaddeus jams his spear at the creature. "I hope you know what you're doing, Mors..."

Acrobatics (to avoid AOO): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 Move to I.26
Attack(Flanking): 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 2 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Should've thought of this earlier...should've drew weapons on the run and jump :P

Move action to draw weapons

Attack+flank: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Damage: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2) + 2 = 7

Confirm: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Crit Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

poop...would've been a nice crit...

Khaarg'ash un veich!!!

Orcish:
I will feast on your entrails


Current Map

Stuff:

1d20 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 - 1 = 19
1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 - 2 = 112d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 5) + 4 = 14
1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 - 2 = 132d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1) + 4 = 7

The scene is quite impressive - while Janira lies broken and bleeding on the ground, the adventurers prove why they belong in the ranks of the Pathfinders, deftly maneuvering around the battle area, flanking the monstrous creature from all sides, and hitting it hard.

Oohhh, hot it growled and roared - spittle flying in every direction as the minotaur eyed you all, his frame a mixture of pain, fear, and ANGER - "You no KILL RATHRAK! RATHRANK STRONGER than puny, weakling creatures!" - it shook its head, defiantly.

The massive axe descended towards Mors, all strength and no technique - it is undeniable the blow had enough power to sever through bone and armor, but it is off balance and poorly measured, flying wide. Surprisingly enough, the creature still managed to keep the weapon under control, swinging it in a wide arc to come bearing on Brox, only to miss again, leaving the bull man heaving for air.

You are up guys!

>>MAP<<

EDIT: Yes Mors, Inspire Courage is gone ;)

Silver Crusade

HP 22/24 :: AC 20 CMD 17 :: Fort +8 Reflex +5 Will +8 :: Perception +2 (Darkvision 60) Initiative +1

"Me, too," Mors responds to Thad as he weathers the attack.

"COME ON, BIG FELLA!" he yells back at the larger foe. "WE'LL SEE WHO'S LEFT STANDING!"

With a step to his right, he punctuates his challenge with another brutal swing of his own.

5' step around towards Thadd, then attack.

+1longsword: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 = 18
damage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 = 11

Sovereign Court

HP:21/21 | AC:18 | T:13 | FF:15 | CMD:17 | CMB:+4 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+6 / +7 vs. traps | Will:+4 | Initiative:+3 | Perception:+9+1d6 | Darkvision (120') | Stealth: +11 | Group Loot
Mors Buolgun wrote:

"Me, too," Mors responds to Thad as he weathers the attack.

"COME ON, BIG FELLA!" he yells back at the larger foe. "WE'LL SEE WHO'S LEFT STANDING!"

"All things considered, I'd rather not leave it to chance."

Thad follows up Mors' strike with a lunge from his spear, their attacks synced in a perfect rhythm - earned through history of battles fought and won together.

Free Action: Inspiration (2 charges) +1d6 to hit
Attack(Flanking, Inspiration): 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 2 + (3) = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Current Map

The massive minotaur is powerless to fight off the attacks from Mors and Thaddeus - the man steps to the right, and without hesitation swings his longsword stronger than any other 'puny weakling' the monster had ever encountered.

While his eyes were still registering the move, the sword had almost lopped off its left arm, the gash so deep it grated against bone. Dizzy from blood loss and fear, he could not feel Thaddeus' lethal blow as it punctured through the left lung, instead feeling only that his breath came more and more labored.

Looking down at his chest he understood then - he was dead. Before hitting the ground he knew the fight was lost. Rathrank felt small as he fell to his knees, the axe limply held in his left hand, now devoid of strength, grasping at the bloody sprout in his chest. It was over...

The clash of battle just seconds ago is replaced by a sickening thud, as the minotaur comes crashing down at your feet, quite dead.

Ball's in your court again guys. Go.

Sovereign Court

HP:21/21 | AC:18 | T:13 | FF:15 | CMD:17 | CMB:+4 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+6 / +7 vs. traps | Will:+4 | Initiative:+3 | Perception:+9+1d6 | Darkvision (120') | Stealth: +11 | Group Loot

Heaving the massive creature's body to the side, Thad tears his spear free from the carcass and rushes toward their fallen companion.

"Mors! Can you help her?"

Inspired healing to stabilize
Heal (Inspire): 1d20 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + (5) = 13

Silver Crusade

HP 22/24 :: AC 20 CMD 17 :: Fort +8 Reflex +5 Will +8 :: Perception +2 (Darkvision 60) Initiative +1

Nice!

Mors hesitates for just a heartbeat, then throws down his shield in a rush to get the healing wand out.

"Hold on, Janira!"

He stumbles over the large corpse and drops to a knee over the halfling's still form, pushing wave after wave of positive energy into her bleeding wounds.

Cure Light Wounds, as many charges as necessary for her to survive.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Silver Crusade

HP 22/24 :: AC 20 CMD 17 :: Fort +8 Reflex +5 Will +8 :: Perception +2 (Darkvision 60) Initiative +1

And that wand has 3 more charges if that is somehow not enough.


Current Map

Janira's eyes open to stare at all of you - her smile is almost immediate - "You boys... I knew my expectations were well placed" - and she even manages to wink.

Standing up, sore and in pain still, she thanks you all profusely and promises to both help you in future missions and submit a glowing recommendation for your heroism - "It has made a difference, and I don't care what others may think or say - it has made all the difference to ME" - she emphatically adds.

After praising your actions, she pauses in thought and eagerly inquires about what you have found in the caves, offering to lead your 'expedition' back to Absalom until she makes sure you are safely back at the Grand Lodge - once there, the Master of Scrolls Kreighton Shaine also inquires excitedly about what the you have found, asking to see your notes.

He compliments you all for being certain to write down ideas and observations while the thoughts are fresh, observing that it’s difficult enough to remember what one had for breakfast the day before as it is to recall exactly what one was thinking while studying an inscription.

As you all are now surely the foremost authorities on that cave and what it contains, Shaine also invites you to come up with a name for them - "What say you? I cannot think of a better 'Confirmation' for a group of younger Pathfinders" - he smiles.

Three days later, you are confirmed as full Pathfinder field agents. As part of the ceremony,you are gifted a personalized wayfinder, with the reminder that it is not only the symbol of the Pathfinder’s trade but also of their three principle duties: Explore, Report, and Cooperate!

Sovereign Court

HP:21/21 | AC:18 | T:13 | FF:15 | CMD:17 | CMB:+4 | Fort:+2 | Ref:+6 / +7 vs. traps | Will:+4 | Initiative:+3 | Perception:+9+1d6 | Darkvision (120') | Stealth: +11 | Group Loot

In the interim, Thaddeus would go back to the Gillman to let him know that the Necromancer and his ilk had been dealt with, and try to work out an arrangement for the Pathfinder Society to return to further study the cave artifacts.

Silver Crusade

HP 22/24 :: AC 20 CMD 17 :: Fort +8 Reflex +5 Will +8 :: Perception +2 (Darkvision 60) Initiative +1

Mors is thankful when Janira wakes, quiet as they recount their exploration and reconnect with the gillman, and back to his old, blunt self on their trip back to the Lodge. When naming the cave comes up, Mors gives his usual shrug, ”I don’t know … somethin’ ta do with Aroden?”

Otherwise, he’s all ugly, thick-lipped, crooked smiles as he receives his Wayfinder, which he holds up briefly towards Janira. Then he looks over at Thaddeus and Brox, giving each a familiar (and rough) punch on the shoulder. ”My pockets are heavy. Ima go find somethin’ to spend it on … then see if I can go dig up some more trouble for the Society.”

Good games, guys. Thanks for sticking with it … especially you, Obermind.

251 to 280 of 280 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] #5–08: The Confirmation (Play-by-Post; Table 2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.