OutPost 1: GM Kate's Sanctuary of Drowned Delight, Table 2 (Inactive)

Game Master Kate Baker


551 to 578 of 578 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Dataphiles

NG Human (Akiton) Priest Mechanic 5 | SP 40/40 HP 34/34 RP 3/6 | KAC 21 EAC 19 | CMD 29 | F +6 R +10 W +3 | Perc +9 (darkvision) SM +1 | Init +6 | Speed 25 ft | 1st: 0/1 | Active Conditions: water breathing

Hawthorne moves beside the kalo and fires at the fierce morlamaw.

Pulsecaster Rifle: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
E, NL: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Exo-Guardians

Male Android Soldier 4 (Themeless, Blitz specialization, Hellknight) SP 31 / 31 | HP 33 / 33 | RP 6 / 6 | KAC 19 EAC 17 | Fort 5 Ref 2 Will 4 | Init +5 | Percp +7 | Speed 45ft | Disintegration Lash +10 (1d6+11 A), Starknife +10 (1d4+11 S)

Stepping toward the morlamaw, Rahm stabs at Teltham and says "There is no need for you to die here. Surrender now!"

Pike attack with Git'em: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Wayfinders

820-701 Female NG Feychild Gnome Xenoseeker Envoy 8 | SP 00/56 HP 30/40 | RP 06/10 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +6 (+2 Fear & Despair, +2 vs illusion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +11+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft | 3/3 - dancing lights, ghost sound, and token spell. | Eternal Hope 1/1, Shirt Reroll 0/1 | Active conditions: GUNNING FOR REVENGE!

“Get him!’ Charli calls.

Bang! (Underwater Merciful Called Huchket Rifle): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 1 = 20
Piercing Damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


1 person marked this as a favorite.

This fight needs some mood music. Source: “Eye of the Tiger.”

♫ Risin' up, back In the Lodge
Did our time, took our chances
Teltham’s runnin, wants to get out of dodge
Work together, we want him alive!

So many times, it happens too fast
Another lie, another fake story
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
We want the morlamaw to thrive!

It's the gun of the manta, it's the thrill of the fight
Risin' up to the challenge of our rival
And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night
He's speakin’ to all with the tongue of the liar

Face to face, deep in the lodge
Missed dinner, stayin' hungry
Team’s elite though it looks hodge podge
For the krill with the skill to survive

It's the gun of the manta, it's the dream of the fight
Risin' up to the challenge of our rival
And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night
He’s speakin’ to all with the tongue of a liar

Risin' up, straight to the top
Our subs ready to hurry
Went the distance, now I'm not gonna stop
Just a gnome and her will to survive

It's the gun of the manta, it's the dream of the fight
Risin' up to the challenge of our rival
And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night
He’s speakin’ to all with the tongue of a liar

The tongue of a liar
The tongue of a liar
The tongue of a liar
The tongue of a liar ♫

Wayfinders

Male N Human Icon Envoy 7 | SP 18/63 HP 46/46 | RP 8/9 | EAC 22; KAC 23 | Fort +8; Ref +10; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10+ SM: +10+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: None.fire 5; cold 5; acid 5 electricity 5

Keskodai:Zon-Kuthon who is the real name of the weeping knight is
a the god for those who love to torture themselve or and other for fun and giggle. Their crossword puzzles are literally mindbreaking...

Antoine continues to shoot.

bluff: 1d20 + 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (2) + (2) + 10 = 14
attack kinetic merciful: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 1 = 22
damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

reroll bluff cunning liar: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

After Keskodai's mind blast, Charli, Hawthorne, and Antoine are able to take down Teltham. The large creatures falls gracelessly to the floor.

The rest of the morlamaws are a-flutter. "Oh no! This is shocking! This is terrible! Whatever will we do now?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
"Dakoyo" Male NG skittermander priest mystic 2 | HP 10/14 SP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +9; low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch 0/1 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: -1 CON

Messaging to the party members only, Keskodai looks at Hawthorne and says, "Hey Sophia, you ever wanted to ditch Hawthorne and become the leader of an underwater cult of water breathers who worship the weeping knight? Well, here's your chance!" Keskodai winks mischievously while Chk Chk facepalms and tries to mouth 'I don't know him...'

Talking to the congregation at large, Keskodai says, "Well, the way I see it, you can just keep on keeping on! I mean, think about it. You've got a great setup as is!

"A good roof over your heads - the Starfinder Society says 'you're most welcome' for the roof over your heads, by the way. A choice of flooded AND unflooded rooms. A variety of educational media courtesy of the Starfinder lodge's old computers. A magnificent cook in Zavlig. A morlamaw with an impeccable, upstanding moral compass in Irtrine. And Hinerva is knowledgeable in the ways of your deity as well!

"The way I see it, your commune is doing well and will continue to do well. Yes, you had a leader who was misleading you. BUT that doesn't mean you can't pursue the dream you've all worked so hard for!

"And as a plus you guys are in a particularly advantageous position. You see, I expect more Starfinder visitors will be coming as we're interested in a resource called clophirium. You can find employment helping us Starfinders as we seek clophirium.

"And the Starfinder Society is interested not only in resources, but in cultural exchange as well. So with you guys speaking common so fluently, you can act as interpreters and diplomats between future Starfinders and the rest of your kind in the larger cities.

"Or you can continue a life of simple, quiet contemplation.

"Really, now that the yoke of being led astray has been cast off and the truth is laid bare before you, you truly can pursue whatever destiny you wish!"

Wayfinders

820-701 Female NG Feychild Gnome Xenoseeker Envoy 8 | SP 00/56 HP 30/40 | RP 06/10 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +6 (+2 Fear & Despair, +2 vs illusion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +11+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft | 3/3 - dancing lights, ghost sound, and token spell. | Eternal Hope 1/1, Shirt Reroll 0/1 | Active conditions: GUNNING FOR REVENGE!

Charli nods. “I can’t think of any group better suited to host a Starfinder Lodge, and if some of you ever decide to travel the stars again, the Society will welcome you as field agents, allies or just friends.” Then her stomach growls. “Can we discuss this further over dinner? The best conversations for me happen over a cup of tea.”

Eventually, they’d have to work out trade agreements, and help the morlamaws decide what they want to do with their former leaders — would they let the Society extradite them, or would they prefer a trial here? What was important was to get the Morlamaws talking and looking to their future.

“Zavlig, if you’re willing to reheat our meals, I’ll be happy to make tea for everyone. We have so much to discuss.” Charli put on her work apron with the Poshkettle logo, and smiles.

Exo-Guardians

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Android Soldier 4 (Themeless, Blitz specialization, Hellknight) SP 31 / 31 | HP 33 / 33 | RP 6 / 6 | KAC 19 EAC 17 | Fort 5 Ref 2 Will 4 | Init +5 | Percp +7 | Speed 45ft | Disintegration Lash +10 (1d6+11 A), Starknife +10 (1d4+11 S)

Rahm, seeing an opportunity, reaches into his pack for some pamphlets and says "My new friends, have you heard the good news about Triune?"

Exo-Guardians

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female LN Vesk Mercenary Mechanic 4 | SP 21/21 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init: +0 | Perc: +6 SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: Glowing so brightly she can’t see to hit her target

Looking down at the defeated Teltham, Mikkazuki says “You might want to look at the other gods that are out there as well. Damoritosh Is interested in winners. There are so many others out there, I think it likely you could find one that fits your work ethic.

She then looks around for something to restrain the two morlamaws. While restraining them, she checks if either have the implanted insignia that her own group had used to get past the robots.

She then settles down to dinner. While eating, she starts repairing some of the damage done to BOB.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Zavlig rushes in to reheat dinner, while Irtrine and Hinevera whisper urgently to each other. They reply, "You think...we could join the Starfinders?"

Can I get a diplomacy check here, please?

Exo-Guardians

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female LN Vesk Mercenary Mechanic 4 | SP 21/21 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init: +0 | Perc: +6 SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: Glowing so brightly she can’t see to hit her target

Smiling brightly, Mikkazuki points out "They let me in. Some of the Vesk joined while we were still at war with the Pact Worlds."

No need to mention how some of the Vesk still consider those people to be traitors.

Diplo Aid: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male N Human Icon Envoy 7 | SP 18/63 HP 46/46 | RP 8/9 | EAC 22; KAC 23 | Fort +8; Ref +10; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10+ SM: +10+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: None.fire 5; cold 5; acid 5 electricity 5

"Yes!" exclaims Antoine with intensity to the their host.

" Anybody can join the Starfinder Society! You only need to follow His creed. Explore, Cooperate and Report. I am sure that the higher up would love an autonomous lodge!

I Will right now write a letter of recommandation! Well.. I would if didn't have journalist integrity, but I can give you a good word about you to the first seeker."

diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Time to help, group!


"Dakoyo" Male NG skittermander priest mystic 2 | HP 10/14 SP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +9; low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch 0/1 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: -1 CON

A little surprised but pleasantly so, Keskodai responds, "I believe you would make fine recruits!"

Diplomacy, Aid: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Wayfinders

820-701 Female NG Feychild Gnome Xenoseeker Envoy 8 | SP 00/56 HP 30/40 | RP 06/10 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +6 (+2 Fear & Despair, +2 vs illusion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +11+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft | 3/3 - dancing lights, ghost sound, and token spell. | Eternal Hope 1/1, Shirt Reroll 0/1 | Active conditions: GUNNING FOR REVENGE!
Antoine Desilets wrote:
“I Will right now write a letter of recommandation! Well.. I would if didn't have journalist integrity, but I can give you a good word to the first seeker."

Charli, standing once again on a table, gives Antoine a raised eyebrow. Seriously, Antoine? She sends via Keskodai. Writing a letter of recommendation for these fine folks won’t harm your journalistic integrity! I can’t think of a better cause in which to employ your eloquence.

She texts Sophia and Mikka. Can you broadcast SMC’s, ‘Come and Dance Amongst the Stars’? I think we need that song right now.

Then she turns with an encouraging smile to Irtrine, Hinevera and the others. “I’ll write those letters of recommendation! You’ll all be magnificent!”

Diplomacy, Aid: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26


4 people marked this as a favorite.

♫ Come and dance amongst the stars
Come spin among the constellations
When you look to the sky
Do you see them flying by?

Oh friends this is your turn
This is where you open your wings
We know you've traveled far
We know that wherever you go you'll raise the bar

Come and dance amongst the stars
You've seen applause and ovations
But leave long before the curtain falls
Time to answer your heart's call

Oh friends this is your turn
Out beyond Liavara's rings
Time to find your own rocket ride
Time to discover what wonders lay inside

Oh friends this is your turn
You are meant for great new things
Come and dance among the stars
Take your chance, find out all you really are ♫

Wayfinders

Male N Human Icon Envoy 7 | SP 18/63 HP 46/46 | RP 8/9 | EAC 22; KAC 23 | Fort +8; Ref +10; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10+ SM: +10+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: None.fire 5; cold 5; acid 5 electricity 5

"Well..." responds Antoine via Keskodai. " There an another reason. I want to keep low-profile about this. The reason is Radovan. Half of the time, he want to kill me about my articles. Like this time, when I exposed the tampering of the Junk Race.

I fear to create opposition from him just with this letter. "

He takes a bar of soap from his backpack just as he realises something.

Wait a minute

"That great Charli! I am sorry to change the subject but does a washroom exist in this complex?" ask Antoine. " I want to wash my hands before the dinner."

Wayfinders

820-701 Female NG Feychild Gnome Xenoseeker Envoy 8 | SP 00/56 HP 30/40 | RP 06/10 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +6 (+2 Fear & Despair, +2 vs illusion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +11+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft | 3/3 - dancing lights, ghost sound, and token spell. | Eternal Hope 1/1, Shirt Reroll 0/1 | Active conditions: GUNNING FOR REVENGE!

Charli sighs and projects via Keskodai. Alright, but write the best damn article you can about these brave people. Your stories are wonderful. They change lives. I’ll attach your article when I write those letters of recommendation. Then belatedly remembering that poor Keskodai has been caught in the middle of this whole exchange, asks, Will you help me write them, Keskodai?

Then she joins the Morlamaws, dancing while she hands out fresh tea for everyone.

Exo-Guardians

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Android Soldier 4 (Themeless, Blitz specialization, Hellknight) SP 31 / 31 | HP 33 / 33 | RP 6 / 6 | KAC 19 EAC 17 | Fort 5 Ref 2 Will 4 | Init +5 | Percp +7 | Speed 45ft | Disintegration Lash +10 (1d6+11 A), Starknife +10 (1d4+11 S)

Rahm once again tries his best to be friendly.

Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9

He at least isn't actively creepy this time, but probably isn't winning any converts to Triune any time soon.

Wayfinders

Male N Human Icon Envoy 7 | SP 18/63 HP 46/46 | RP 8/9 | EAC 22; KAC 23 | Fort +8; Ref +10; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10+ SM: +10+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: None.fire 5; cold 5; acid 5 electricity 5

"And that was my intention! I have enough information to write a series of articles about them." concludes Antoine.

Dataphiles

2 people marked this as a favorite.
NG Human (Akiton) Priest Mechanic 5 | SP 40/40 HP 34/34 RP 3/6 | KAC 21 EAC 19 | CMD 29 | F +6 R +10 W +3 | Perc +9 (darkvision) SM +1 | Init +6 | Speed 25 ft | 1st: 0/1 | Active Conditions: water breathing

Does he not realize that I have a cult of billions?

"He worships the goddess of death," Hawthorne assuages his companion artificial intelligence. "I'm certain he believes no religion is larger than his as all things die."

The Triunite holsters his pulsecaster and listens to the others as they interface with the morlamaw.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
"Dakoyo" Male NG skittermander priest mystic 2 | HP 10/14 SP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +9; low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch 0/1 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: -1 CON

Keskodai smiles at Antoine and Charli.

"Oh, don't you two worry about telepathically passing your dirty laundry back and forth through me. Honestly, it happens so often on Starfinder missions that I do it subconsciously nowadays. It's practically as if you two are talking directly to each other without me having to lift a finger, really.

"As for a letter of recommendation, sure, I'd be happy to assist, Charli!"

Keskodai then rubs his hands(?) together in anticipation of dinner and tea!


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

They confer among themselves. "Yes, we'll do it! We'll join the Starfinder Society!" Food and merriment ensues. The morlamaws dance somewhat oddly, but gleefully, and Zavlig did his best to make something like tea to go with dinner.

Well done, folks!

You defeated Oshessa and retook control of the Lodge, which is the primary success condition. You saved Suulhu-Huur, which is the secondary success condition. And, you both found the results of the geologic survey showing the clophirium deposits, and convinced the morlamaws to join the Society, which gets you the additional Wayfinder reputation.

But because you convinced the morlamaws to join the Society, you earn a very special boon: you can play a morlamaw! It takes some unlocking: you need to reach Tier 3 as a Wayfinder or Tier 4 as anything else before you can start your morlamaw. The playable race statistics are included as a supplement to your chronicle sheets.

I should have the chronicle sheets up this evening!


"Dakoyo" Male NG skittermander priest mystic 2 | HP 10/14 SP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +9; low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch 0/1 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: -1 CON

Awesome! Thank you Kate, very fun scenario! And thanks to the other players too! You guys made it so enjoyable for me! Lots of smiles and laughs with this one!

Exo-Guardians

Female LN Vesk Mercenary Mechanic 4 | SP 21/21 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init: +0 | Perc: +6 SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: Glowing so brightly she can’t see to hit her target

Mikkazuki is delighted that the Morlamaw are interested in joining the Society. She hopes to eventually have an opportunity to work alongside them.

The next day, she spends some time trying to repair the security robots. No robot should be left in such a state of disrepair! She asks Hawthorne if he would reprogram them to recognize the Morlamaw as well.

Wayfinders

Male N Human Icon Envoy 7 | SP 18/63 HP 46/46 | RP 8/9 | EAC 22; KAC 23 | Fort +8; Ref +10; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10+ SM: +10+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: None.fire 5; cold 5; acid 5 electricity 5

Well, I will need 6 reputation point for this. Go the hellMorse!

Antoine ranges his equipement and look for the horizon.

"Another Job Well done. A mystery down. But does this news member will help us on what will happen in the future? Only time will tell."

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
820-701 Female NG Feychild Gnome Xenoseeker Envoy 8 | SP 00/56 HP 30/40 | RP 06/10 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +6 (+2 Fear & Despair, +2 vs illusion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +11+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft | 3/3 - dancing lights, ghost sound, and token spell. | Eternal Hope 1/1, Shirt Reroll 0/1 | Active conditions: GUNNING FOR REVENGE!

After getting everyone’s contact information — especially Sophia’s — and helping Keskodai get his Starfinder insignia implant, Charli happily helps train in new Morlamaw Starfinders.

In her spare time, she ghost writes Strawberry Machine Cake's strangest song yet.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

♫ I am she as you are he as you are me
And we are all together
See how they run from our Manta guns
See how they lie
They’re lying

Contemplating mistakes
Waiting for the group to come
Psychedelic walrus, stupid bloody chain gang
Teltham’s been a naughty boy
How you’ve been led along

I am the star friend
We are the star friends
We are the walrus
Goo goo g'joob

All the starfinders swimming
Pretty little starfinders in a row
See how they fly see how they die
See how they run
I'm crying
I'm crying, I'm crying, I'm crying

Strawberry Machine Cake
Pumped with the volume high
Empty jars of ertis oil, missing manta team
Oshessa’s a naughty girl
You let your followers down

I am the star friend
We are the star friends
We are the walrus
Goo goo g'joob

Swimming in a cracked relic room
Waiting for snakes to come
If snakes don't come you don’t catch the scum
Guess we can’t complain

I am the star friend (You can join us too)
We are the star friends (We’re over the moon)
I am the walrus
Goo goo g'joob, goo goo goo g'joob

Expert, textpert sotto voce
Don't you think Sophia laughs at you (Ho ho ho, hee hee hee, hah hah hah)
See how they sigh, jokes from Keskodai
See how we’ve tried
I'm crying

Then there’s our mission
Seeking Chlophirum
Joining the sermon singing Halleluia
That’s when we decided Oshessa had to go

I am the star friend
We are the star friends
We are the walrus

Goo goo g'joob, goo goo goo g'joob
Goo goo g'joob, goo goo goo g'joob, goo goo ♫

Source: "I am the Walrus" by John Lennon

551 to 578 of 578 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / OutPost 1: GM Kate's Sanctuary of Drowned Delight, Table 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.