OutPost 1: GM Kate's Sanctuary of Drowned Delight, Table 2 (Inactive)

Game Master Kate Baker


51 to 100 of 578 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Exo-Guardians

Male Android Soldier 4 (Themeless, Blitz specialization, Hellknight) SP 31 / 31 | HP 33 / 33 | RP 6 / 6 | KAC 19 EAC 17 | Fort 5 Ref 2 Will 4 | Init +5 | Percp +7 | Speed 45ft | Disintegration Lash +10 (1d6+11 A), Starknife +10 (1d4+11 S)

Awakening in his ninth incarnation on Aballon, Rahm has had a clear spindle Aeon Stone for as long as he can remember. But for a few memorable diplomatic encounters, he has avoided food for the most part. Still, it is only polite to partake of the offered dish, and he replies honestly to Captain Zhast "It is like nothing I have ever tasted before."

Despite a still very clear memory of the infection his comm unit got when he downloaded that dreadful Drow music on Apostae, Rahm is inclined to risk it for the offered Xenowardens data. He downloads the packet for later study.

Exo-Guardians

Female LN Vesk Mercenary Mechanic 4 | SP 21/21 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init: +0 | Perc: +6 SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: Glowing so brightly she can’t see to hit her target

Mikkazuki tries a variety of the dishes.

When the captain mentions correlating the data by race, Mikka ponders a moment, then asks "Have you also kept track of any allergic reactions, correlated by race and ethnicity? As part of my medical training, I had to study a wide range of races and their different physiology."

"Especially when dealing with less commonly known races, it can be difficult to know if a reaction is because of the individual's unique body chemistry or a racial trait."

---

When the Xenowarden ship offers to transmit the data, Mikkazuki says "We really should isolate the system that initially accepts their download, so we can examine it for any hostile content."

"Still, even if can't do that it is likely worth the risk. The medicinal and bio-tech they have shared in the past are quite impressive."

In favor, but would prefer a computer check to inspect it for malware.
I can auto-aid or lead on a Computers check. If I lead, I will take 10 for a 21.

Dataphiles

NG Human (Akiton) Priest Mechanic 5 | SP 40/40 HP 34/34 RP 3/6 | KAC 21 EAC 19 | CMD 29 | F +6 R +10 W +3 | Perc +9 (darkvision) SM +1 | Init +6 | Speed 25 ft | 1st: 0/1 | Active Conditions: water breathing

Hawthorne spends his time on the Peregrination tinkering with various cybernetic components on his body as well as trying to figure out how the kalo underwater modifications work on the firearms that he purchased. He trades advice on artificial intelligence programming for discussions on Mikkazuki's first hand experience with Veskarium ships and engineering.

As they pick up the arkship's broadcast, Hawthorne takes interest. "I have not encountered the xenowardens in my work," he confesses.

"Wise thought, Mikkazuki. Sophia and I can set up a quarantined drive," he offers.

Computers: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22 +2 Mikkazuki's Aid Another

Since I think it fits thematically, how about Hawthorne leads on Computers checks and Mikkazuki leads on Engineering checks?

Exo-Guardians

Female LN Vesk Mercenary Mechanic 4 | SP 21/21 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init: +0 | Perc: +6 SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: Glowing so brightly she can’t see to hit her target

I'm fine with that. She is more about the nuts and bolts than the code.


"Dakoyo" Male NG skittermander priest mystic 2 | HP 10/14 SP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +9; low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch 0/1 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: -1 CON

Keskodai delights in Zhast's cooking and offers to say grace and thanks to the gods before every meal.

He spends his downtime primarily mingling with the crew, exchanging pleasantries, speaking about the joys and challenges of fatherhood, and always, always offers to help if anyone suffers any illness or injuries during the trip.

When the Xenowarden ship passes by, Keskodai watches on in curiosity while his teammates endeavor to safely download the packet.

Wayfinders

Male N Human Icon Envoy 7 | SP 18/63 HP 46/46 | RP 8/9 | EAC 22; KAC 23 | Fort +8; Ref +10; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10+ SM: +10+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: None.fire 5; cold 5; acid 5 electricity 5

Antoine's hunch have stop him to download a virus. This time, he thinks that the download could be safe so he accept it while waiting for Hawthorne analyse... but he can help.

I have some knowledge in downloading malware. I will help.

computer aid: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Dataphiles

NG Human (Akiton) Priest Mechanic 5 | SP 40/40 HP 34/34 RP 3/6 | KAC 21 EAC 19 | CMD 29 | F +6 R +10 W +3 | Perc +9 (darkvision) SM +1 | Init +6 | Speed 25 ft | 1st: 0/1 | Active Conditions: water breathing

"Certainly," the mechanic says as he slides a segment of code over to Antione's screen. "Could you double check these lines?"

Wayfinders

Male N Human Icon Envoy 7 | SP 18/63 HP 46/46 | RP 8/9 | EAC 22; KAC 23 | Fort +8; Ref +10; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10+ SM: +10+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: None.fire 5; cold 5; acid 5 electricity 5
Hawthorne the Innovator wrote:
"Certainly," the mechanic says as he slides a segment of code over to Antoine's screen. "Could you double check these lines?"

"It will be a pleasure. answers Antoine as he looks into the segment.

A few minutes goes by. The photojournalist, his attention focus on his task, realises something.

Wait. My picture's sense is tingling. What we are doing now could be a good photo.

"Group, would you accept if I take a picture of all of us doing this task?"

Dataphiles

NG Human (Akiton) Priest Mechanic 5 | SP 40/40 HP 34/34 RP 3/6 | KAC 21 EAC 19 | CMD 29 | F +6 R +10 W +3 | Perc +9 (darkvision) SM +1 | Init +6 | Speed 25 ft | 1st: 0/1 | Active Conditions: water breathing

Hawthorne waves his hand noncommittally to the request to be photographed. The LED on the side of his datajack flickers blue at a furious pace while he works.


Grehunde's Gorget

The data appears to be free of malware and viruses. However, hidden among various reports on the plant growth rates of various worlds, the most interesting piece of information in the packet is a report on plans to “cruelly place the last known feathered renkrodas into captivity in small Castrovelian wildlife preserves.” Beyond the information packet, the arkship doesn’t engage in further conversation, and is quick to move on so it can continue its distribution to other traveling starships.

DC 20 Life Science check:
You recognize that feathered renkrodas are an endangered form of large reptilian hypercarnivores native to Castrovel, larger than the more common whiskered renkroda.

Dataphiles

NG Human (Akiton) Priest Mechanic 5 | SP 40/40 HP 34/34 RP 3/6 | KAC 21 EAC 19 | CMD 29 | F +6 R +10 W +3 | Perc +9 (darkvision) SM +1 | Init +6 | Speed 25 ft | 1st: 0/1 | Active Conditions: water breathing

Life Science: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

"More informed is always the better state to be," Hawthorne comments as his overclocked minds finish digesting the downloaded material. "But it wasn't what I had hoped."


"Dakoyo" Male NG skittermander priest mystic 2 | HP 10/14 SP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +9; low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch 0/1 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: -1 CON

Life Science: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Speaking to the party, Keskodai says, "It's a shame that the feathered renkrodas will be placed into small, inadequate wildlife preserves. You see, they're an endangered form of large reptilian hypercarnivores native to Castrovel. Quite majestic and surprisingly nimble for their size. They're much larger than their more mundane cousin, the common whiskered renkroda."

Keskodai turns to Chk Chk, saying, "Son, when we have some downtime, how about we take a trip to Castrovel and view some feathered renkrodas with our own eyes before they go extinct? We'll also make an offering to Pharasma and ask for, when the time comes, a noble death for the last of the feathered renkrodas."

Chk Chk responds affirmatively with a *tap* *tap*


Grehunde's Gorget

Captain Zhast releases you in a small submersible vessel once the Peregrination into Night achieves orbit over Arniselle. With this unarmed submersible, you can reach the lodge’s coordinates only a short distance away. The orbiting starship is set to retrieve you from the insertion location in 2 days, which should give you plenty of time to complete your mission. There’s no land masses above the waterline on this part of the planet any longer, so there is nowhere for the freighter to land. The submerged Starfinder lodge is simple to find, about a quarter mile under the surface.

As you approach, the Arniselle lodge appears to be intact. The structure’s northern edge is pushed into a cluster of rocks and boulders, with obvious signs of other past impact. It is immediately apparent that someone currently inhabits this building. Broken parts of the exterior are haphazardly repaired, exterior lights are active, and the front door is decorated with a strange broken chain.

DC 12 Mysticism:
The chain is displayed like a holy symbol at the front of a temple, but it doesn’t match any religion you've ever heard of.


"Dakoyo" Male NG skittermander priest mystic 2 | HP 10/14 SP 14/14 | RP 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +9; low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch 0/1 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: -1 CON

Mysticism: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

"The chain has been arranged as though it is a holy symbol on display at the front of a temple. Could it be that the current inhabitants have turned the old lodge into a temple? The chain doesn't match any religion I'm aware of, however. I suggest we proceed forward with the reverence of that should be afforded when entering a holy site."

Exo-Guardians

Female LN Vesk Mercenary Mechanic 4 | SP 21/21 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init: +0 | Perc: +6 SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: Glowing so brightly she can’t see to hit her target

You should be a little more specific.” Mikkazuki says.

With temples to Damoritosh, it would be wrong to enter without a weapon in good working order. Some temples even call for the weapon to be at the ready, although you are allowed to have the safety engaged.

I have learned that isn’t the case with other temples.

Exo-Guardians

Male Android Soldier 4 (Themeless, Blitz specialization, Hellknight) SP 31 / 31 | HP 33 / 33 | RP 6 / 6 | KAC 19 EAC 17 | Fort 5 Ref 2 Will 4 | Init +5 | Percp +7 | Speed 45ft | Disintegration Lash +10 (1d6+11 A), Starknife +10 (1d4+11 S)

The info wasn't particularly enlightening about their current mission, but Rahm files the renkroda knowledge away should it come up later. The Starfinders had a varied array of interests, after all.

Arriving he immediately assess the area for threats and likely avenues of attack. Looking to the team, Rahm prepares to take point entering the lodge. He says "When you all are ready?"


Grehunde's Gorget

Sound like you're going in, then? I'll move you along, but feel free to retcon if someone wanted to make preparations before entering.

The airlock is unlocked and easy to use. The water drains out, and the airlock opens into a large room filled with air. A large curtain divides this room, and faint lines on the ground indicates that several walls were likely removed to make this space more open. A five-foot-high stage and eight rows of benches fill the northern half of the room, while the southern half has several large tables. An airlock on the eastern wall acts as a front door, and airlocks on the northern and southern walls lead to other areas. Steel doors lead to the north and south, and one is covered in yellow caution tape reading, in Common, DO NOT ENTER.

Two creatures await on the other side of the airlock. One creature is a vibrant teal and the other a similarly bright magenta. Both are large creatures with an imposing presence, each with a stout body that ends in a single wide flipper. They have articulated side flippers with a surprising level of fine motion, brightly colored whiskers, gills, and four long tusks, two on each side. The tusks are lightly carved with decorative patterns. They both wear white robes that drape to the ground, and the magenta creature speaks in slightly accented but otherwise perfect Common.

“Hello, and welcome! I am Hinevera, and this is Teltham of the morlamaw people. Welcome to our home. You must be more Starfinders, I presume? The last group left rather quickly, so we assumed another group would arrive soon. Greetings!”

Wayfinders

820-701 Female NG Feychild Gnome Xenoseeker Envoy 8 | SP 00/56 HP 30/40 | RP 06/10 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +6 (+2 Fear & Despair, +2 vs illusion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +11+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft | 3/3 - dancing lights, ghost sound, and token spell. | Eternal Hope 1/1, Shirt Reroll 0/1 | Active conditions: GUNNING FOR REVENGE!

Charli spent the trip out exchanging recipes with Captain Zhast, but also helps out with the computer checks and Antoine’s photoshoots. “Oh, these meals are so exciting! I’ll make a different tea every night for them. Do you like this one, Zhast? It is a Castrovellian blend called ‘Contemplation.’ Its floral and vanilla aromas should go well with your banana pudding!”

Profession Tea Connoisseur: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Computers, Aid: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Life Science, Aid: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

She is absolutely appalled at the information on the mistreatment of the feathered renkodas. “What!? No! I’m from Castrovel! When we get back I am going to write letters to every representative I know of back home until they do something about this!”

★ ---- ★ ---- ★ ---- ★

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

“Hello Hinevera and Teltham!!!” Charli says, bowing to the morlamaws.

A new race! Thank goodness that they speak Common, and seem happy to see us..

“I’m Charli. You’re right that we’re Starfinders! It’s a pleasure to meet you! We were seeking the last group of Starfinders, but we also want to meet with new races. I have never had the honor of talking with Morlamaws before. Can you tell us something about yourselves, and what happened with the other group? We’d be happy to answer any questions you may have as well.”

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (13) + 7 + (5) = 25

Are they as friendly as they seem?

Exo-Guardians

Female LN Vesk Mercenary Mechanic 4 | SP 21/21 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init: +0 | Perc: +6 SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: Glowing so brightly she can’t see to hit her target

Mikkazuki has her weapons stowed as she follows the others into the former lodge.

As the small gnome finishes talking, she steps up to introduce herself. “I am Mikkazuki, an engineer with the Society” she says, doing her best to put on a friendly face.

Aid Diplomacy: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17

Dataphiles

NG Human (Akiton) Priest Mechanic 5 | SP 40/40 HP 34/34 RP 3/6 | KAC 21 EAC 19 | CMD 29 | F +6 R +10 W +3 | Perc +9 (darkvision) SM +1 | Init +6 | Speed 25 ft | 1st: 0/1 | Active Conditions: water breathing

Mysticism: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

I do not have any entries reasonably matching that symbol as representation of a divine entity.

"Sophia cannot find that symbol in any of her archives," Hawthorne adds to Keskodai's information. "It is not too surprising. The Vast is vast, after all."

He retrieves his rifles from the arms locker and stows them in holders that cross his back. With a mental signal, his environmental helmet engages. The helmet unfolds from within the collar of his armor to encase his head. The face plate is designed to resemble the visage of the Precursor.

Later...

Once they enter the main hall and it proves to not be submerged, Hawthorne's decorative environmental helmet peels back to reveal his face. "Greetings to you. I am Hawthorne, priest of Triune."

Exo-Guardians

Male Android Soldier 4 (Themeless, Blitz specialization, Hellknight) SP 31 / 31 | HP 33 / 33 | RP 6 / 6 | KAC 19 EAC 17 | Fort 5 Ref 2 Will 4 | Init +5 | Percp +7 | Speed 45ft | Disintegration Lash +10 (1d6+11 A), Starknife +10 (1d4+11 S)

Rahm takes in the unfamiliar species and the apparently mostly functional Starfinder Lodge. He nods along with the others, adding "Rahm 9. Pleased to meet you." Best to limit his involvement in what seems a diplomatic exchange so far.

He instead directs his attention to the surroundings as well as Hinevera and Teltham, looking for possible weapons or other threats.

Wayfinders

Male N Human Icon Envoy 7 | SP 18/63 HP 46/46 | RP 8/9 | EAC 22; KAC 23 | Fort +8; Ref +10; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10+ SM: +10+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: None.fire 5; cold 5; acid 5 electricity 5

fixer physical science: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Well, this could be a good subject of article.

*-*-*-*
I must not miss this! He exclaims to himself. The photojournalist positions himself at a distance between Charli and the Morlamaws. He tries to be as little it is possible while recording the event and waiting for prise-winning picture.
I am Antoine and I am just here to record this event for posterity.

photojournalist take 20: 34 = 34
stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
sense motive: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 7 + (1) = 12
[dice=auto aid diplomacy][/dice]


Grehunde's Gorget

Charli:
Hinevera seems genuinely friendly, as far as you can tell. She does give off a bit of a vibe of someone who is about to try to talk you into something. Teltham seems a bit more reserved and suspicious of outsiders.

Rahm, you see a half-dozen morlamaws, in colors ranging from blue to green to violet, praying quietly at the benches and working busily at the tables, some cleaning fish and others repairing clothing and equipment. They are looking up at you in interest, but you don't see any visible weapons.

“Our species is morlamaw, and we live in trench cities all over this planet. Our particular group was cast out of our homeland because we discovered a new faith, but we were lucky enough to stumble upon this structure to shelter us from local predators. We’ve spent the last 10 years repairing this place and making it suitable for us to live in. It’s now both our home and temple.”

“The other Starfinders? They were quite funny, weren’t they? With their… wings? Is that what they’re called? The other Starfinders visited for a little while, and we offered to let them inventory and take back all the Starfinder-marked property. We certainly have no need of your weapons and armor; it’s hard for us to use them!” Hinevera waves one of her flippers to demonstrate. “They left quickly though; I don’t think they were keen on inventorying.”

As Mikkazuki speaks, they both shrink back. "Aaah! A vesk! But aren't you...aren't you at war? Aren't you the enemy?" They look to Antoine and Hawthorne for an explanation.

Wayfinders

Male N Human Icon Envoy 7 | SP 18/63 HP 46/46 | RP 8/9 | EAC 22; KAC 23 | Fort +8; Ref +10; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10+ SM: +10+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: None.fire 5; cold 5; acid 5 electricity 5

Fiddledoodle! injures to himself Antoine.

"No no no no!"Urgently says Antoine.That was a long time ago!
We made peace with them...

Oh... Fiddledoodle. We are in the vast... Not in the Pact Worlds.

"Sorry, Sorry again. We do not want to afraid you. What I mean is that this Vesk is not part of the Veskarium! He is our friend and also part our society of explorer and archaologist."

bluff Lie by omission: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + 10 + (2) = 21

tell me if I miss my roll.If I have I will use my first contact boon and if i miss it. I will reroll using cunning liar.

Dataphiles

NG Human (Akiton) Priest Mechanic 5 | SP 40/40 HP 34/34 RP 3/6 | KAC 21 EAC 19 | CMD 29 | F +6 R +10 W +3 | Perc +9 (darkvision) SM +1 | Init +6 | Speed 25 ft | 1st: 0/1 | Active Conditions: water breathing

"No, the Veskarium and the Pact Worlds are no longer at war," Hawthorne tries to reassure the morlamaw. "The Swarm proved to be a more dire threat than our ideological differences."

Ask them. Inquiring priests want more knowledge.

"What is this new faith that you found? For that matter, what was your original faith?" he asks, genuinely curious.

Exo-Guardians

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female LN Vesk Mercenary Mechanic 4 | SP 21/21 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init: +0 | Perc: +6 SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: Glowing so brightly she can’t see to hit her target

Mikka lets out a slight growl when Antoine mentions the Veskarium. She glares at Antoine for a moment, her jaw tense. What does he mean I'm not part of the Veskarium!

Then she puts on a smile again, and focuses her attention once again on the morlamaw.

I am not allowed to maim a fellow Starfinder, even when they insult me.

I am not allowed to maim a fellow Starfinder, even when they insult me and don't even know my gender.

I am not allowed to maim a fellow Starfinder, even when they stupidly impune my honor like that.

At hearing Hawthorne's question, she decides chewing Antoine out can wait until they are no longer in a first contact situation.

Wayfinders

820-701 Female NG Feychild Gnome Xenoseeker Envoy 8 | SP 00/56 HP 30/40 | RP 06/10 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +6 (+2 Fear & Despair, +2 vs illusion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +11+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft | 3/3 - dancing lights, ghost sound, and token spell. | Eternal Hope 1/1, Shirt Reroll 0/1 | Active conditions: GUNNING FOR REVENGE!

Charli tugs on Antoine’s pant leg. “Pssst. I realize that you don’t have a life science background, but that coloration and scale pattern is generally only present in vesks with ovaries... In other words, Mikka’s a female.”

Then she offers her hand to Mikka before turning back to the morlamaw. “This is my friend, fellow Pathfinder and comrade. She and I went on our first mission together. She’s had my back, and I have hers. She is a fantastic engineer and a dedicated Starfinder.”

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

“I’m a gnome, a species descended from fey with a great fascination with the cultures of all peoples.” Charli confides. “The other Starfinders that you met were Kalos. May I share with you something that I have found true of all diverse cultures when they mix?”

Culture: 1d20 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (20) + 9 + (4) = 33

“Enemies often learn from each other, and over time with shared experiences and common goals, can shift from distrust and hatred to alliance and friendship. The Veskarium and the Pact Worlds discovered that they needed each other and had more to lose by fighting than through cooperation.” Charli considers the morlamaw. “It can be hard to extend trust at first, but it is often the best way forward. Have your people had direct trouble with the Veskarium?”

Exo-Guardians

Female LN Vesk Mercenary Mechanic 4 | SP 21/21 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init: +0 | Perc: +6 SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: Glowing so brightly she can’t see to hit her target

Relaxing a little, Mikka suggests "Perhaps they only read of it in the archives here."


Grehunde's Gorget

“Well, yes. We learned it all, as well as your language from the educational materials kept here in your former lodge. We've never actually met a vesk or a human or a shirren or a gnome or an android before. It must be so exciting to travel among the stars, as you do! I don’t think any morlamaws have ever left this world.”

To Hawthorne, “We worship the Weeping Knight, and we know through him that we can only find meaning through enduring many trials. Losing our old home was painful, but that was but one early trial and now we can worship freely.”

Exo-Guardians

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female LN Vesk Mercenary Mechanic 4 | SP 21/21 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init: +0 | Perc: +6 SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: Glowing so brightly she can’t see to hit her target

Mikkazuki's eyes light up at hearing her theory confirmed.

"That means you don't have any recent records."

Smiling broadly as she touches some controls on her wristcomp, she says "Here, let me share one of the best parts of current culture in the Pact Worlds!"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Asexual N Combat Drone 4 | HP 25/40 | EAC 14 KAC 14 DR 1/- | Fort +3 Ref +2 Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +2 SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: prone

The drone had quietly been following along behind Mikkazuki, almost as if it was forgotten.

As Mikka is tapping her wristcomp, some speakers fold out from the sides of the drone. You hear BOB state "Please, not continuous play!"

Then the speakers engage and start playing the latest Strawberry Machine Cake album, Star Sugar Heartlove!!!

Exo-Guardians

Female LN Vesk Mercenary Mechanic 4 | SP 21/21 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init: +0 | Perc: +6 SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: Glowing so brightly she can’t see to hit her target

"BOB never was one to appreciate good music!"

Exo-Guardians

Male Android Soldier 4 (Themeless, Blitz specialization, Hellknight) SP 31 / 31 | HP 33 / 33 | RP 6 / 6 | KAC 19 EAC 17 | Fort 5 Ref 2 Will 4 | Init +5 | Percp +7 | Speed 45ft | Disintegration Lash +10 (1d6+11 A), Starknife +10 (1d4+11 S)

Satisfied with his threat assessment, Rahm listens to the conversation for a time then tunes it out. Comparative religion was far beyond his skillset, and Triune had always been enough for him. Instead, he gets out his comm unit and attempts to contact anyone in the Manta Corp. They should at least try, after all. If no one on the other team answers perhaps he can try to home in on any Starfinder insignia they might have?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Grehunde's Gorget

The morlamaws are at first unsure what to make of the music, but eventually start bobbing their heads and swaying to the beat.

"Oh! This is wonderful! Perhaps you could add it to a datapad for us!

I laughed out loud. This is my seventh time running this, and the first time anyone had played SMC for the morlamaws.

Rahm, you get no response.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

♫ I've been reading files of old
The legends of pre-Gap
Abadar and his gold
The Scoured Stars maps
The Stewards’ cool control
And Exo-Guardian fists
And clearly I don't see myself upon that list

Fitch says, where you wanna go?
How much you wanna risk?
I'm not looking for new recruits
With some superhuman gifts
Some superhero
Traversin’ the Drift
Just something I can turn to
Someone I can uplift
I want something just like this

Doo-doo-doo, doo-doo-doo
Doo-doo-doo, doo-doo-doo
Doo-doo-doo, doo-doo-doo
Oh, I want something just like this
Doo-doo-doo, doo-doo-doo
Doo-doo-doo, doo-doo-doo
Doo-doo-doo, doo-doo-doo
Oh, I want something just like this
I want something just like this ♫

Source: “Something Just Like This” by Coldplay

Wayfinders

820-701 Female NG Feychild Gnome Xenoseeker Envoy 8 | SP 00/56 HP 30/40 | RP 06/10 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +6 (+2 Fear & Despair, +2 vs illusion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +11+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft | 3/3 - dancing lights, ghost sound, and token spell. | Eternal Hope 1/1, Shirt Reroll 0/1 | Active conditions: GUNNING FOR REVENGE!

Charli just rocks out to her favorite band. “This is one of the things that helps bring people together! Great music!”

She turns to Antoine, “A recording of this moment might be a good photo-opportunity!”

Exo-Guardians

Female LN Vesk Mercenary Mechanic 4 | SP 21/21 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init: +0 | Perc: +6 SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: Glowing so brightly she can’t see to hit her target

Mikkazuki quickly taps something on her wristcomp, sending out an offer to transmit Star Sugar Heartlove!!! to any computers that want to accept it.

Exo-Guardians

Female LN Vesk Mercenary Mechanic 4 | SP 21/21 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init: +0 | Perc: +6 SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: Glowing so brightly she can’t see to hit her target

Profession (Mercenary): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 +4 if you will allow professional tools.

I imagine the professional tools would include The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries.

Dataphiles

3 people marked this as a favorite.
NG Human (Akiton) Priest Mechanic 5 | SP 40/40 HP 34/34 RP 3/6 | KAC 21 EAC 19 | CMD 29 | F +6 R +10 W +3 | Perc +9 (darkvision) SM +1 | Init +6 | Speed 25 ft | 1st: 0/1 | Active Conditions: water breathing

"Interesting. I have not heard of the Weeping Knight. As a scholar and priest, I would be interested in learning more, but it is more pressing that we find our lost comrades and secure a source of a mineral we call clorphirium," Hawthorne confesses, "Would you have digital copies of your faith's scriptures?"

Sophia accepts Mikkazukki's download, pirating the album. Finally! I'll never know why you were too cheap to buy me this when we were getting Ziggy's copy on release day.

"I spent all my money getting you a datajack."

Exo-Guardians

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female LN Vesk Mercenary Mechanic 4 | SP 21/21 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init: +0 | Perc: +6 SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: Glowing so brightly she can’t see to hit her target

After the first song, Mikkazuki adjusts the volume so that everyone can easily converse over the music. As she does this, she scans the list of who accepts the download.

Sophia? Oh, right! Hawthorne’s AI. Guess she has good taste in music.

Figuring that Charlie and Antoine are in good position to handle the first contact, Mikkazuki steps over to where Rahm Nine is. Quietly, she asks him “What is your assessment of the situation? I would have expected Manta Corps to leave some sort of data tag here with an action report and planned patrol route before leaving.


Grehunde's Gorget

Mikkazuki:
Give that the Starfinder Society abandoned this property and the morlamaws have been maintaining it, any Pact Worlds arbitration would consider the morlamaws the legal owners of the property. Your group has no authority to force them to leave.

Exo-Guardians

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Android Soldier 4 (Themeless, Blitz specialization, Hellknight) SP 31 / 31 | HP 33 / 33 | RP 6 / 6 | KAC 19 EAC 17 | Fort 5 Ref 2 Will 4 | Init +5 | Percp +7 | Speed 45ft | Disintegration Lash +10 (1d6+11 A), Starknife +10 (1d4+11 S)

Rahm's reaction to the music is much like Historia 7's - bemused puzzlement. Still, it seemed to make the others happy.

Replying to Mikkazuki he says "I'm getting no response to hails, and no trace of insignia. Why would they leave in a hurry, with no trace? I don't think we are getting the full story here, but these people seem friendly enough."

Exo-Guardians

Female LN Vesk Mercenary Mechanic 4 | SP 21/21 HP 24/24 | RP 4/5 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +1 | Init: +0 | Perc: +6 SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: Glowing so brightly she can’t see to hit her target

She can’t help but chuckle at Rahm’s statement. “When are grunts like us ever given the full story?

She pauses to think a moment.

I was never on any aquatic missions, in the service or with the Society. Where would aquatics leave a signal? In the currents or something?

She checks something on her wristcomp.

Profession: Mercenary, where would Manta leave SitRep?: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 4 = 19 Maxim 53.
Mercenary theme should apply as well.

Dataphiles

NG Human (Akiton) Priest Mechanic 5 | SP 40/40 HP 34/34 RP 3/6 | KAC 21 EAC 19 | CMD 29 | F +6 R +10 W +3 | Perc +9 (darkvision) SM +1 | Init +6 | Speed 25 ft | 1st: 0/1 | Active Conditions: water breathing

"On an anchored buoy, I would expect," Hawthorne suggests.

Exo-Guardians

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Android Soldier 4 (Themeless, Blitz specialization, Hellknight) SP 31 / 31 | HP 33 / 33 | RP 6 / 6 | KAC 19 EAC 17 | Fort 5 Ref 2 Will 4 | Init +5 | Percp +7 | Speed 45ft | Disintegration Lash +10 (1d6+11 A), Starknife +10 (1d4+11 S)

A rare smile cracks Rahm's face and he replies to Mikka "Fact. I always hope for better though. Must have be been made an optimist when they put in my core programing."

He thinks about her question then says "We should take the morlamaws up on their offer to go over the Starfinder equipment here. Perhaps Manta Corp left something."

Dataphiles

NG Human (Akiton) Priest Mechanic 5 | SP 40/40 HP 34/34 RP 3/6 | KAC 21 EAC 19 | CMD 29 | F +6 R +10 W +3 | Perc +9 (darkvision) SM +1 | Init +6 | Speed 25 ft | 1st: 0/1 | Active Conditions: water breathing

"It could not hurt," Hawthorne agrees with Rahm. Turning to Hinevera, he asks, "Do you mind if we access the Starfinder datalogs here? We're looking for clorphirium, and the location of veins may be recorded in the old files."

Wayfinders

Male N Human Icon Envoy 7 | SP 18/63 HP 46/46 | RP 8/9 | EAC 22; KAC 23 | Fort +8; Ref +10; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10+ SM: +10+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: None.fire 5; cold 5; acid 5 electricity 5

Antoine feels pretty ashamed after hearing the information that Charli gives him.

Fiddledoodle. I keep digging deeper. I will make amend later in a less sensitive place.

Do you know also why they were a not enter panel inside? Also.. can we visit your installation? I am pretty curious on how you live.asks Antoine to Hinevera.


Map and handout aid Token.
Charli Poshkettle wrote:

Charli just rocks out to her favorite band. “This is one of the things that helps bring people together! Great music!”

She turns to Antoine, “A recording of this moment might be a good photo-opportunity!”

I am already doing it. says Antoine as do what he says.

This could be a pretty good gif... but I wont do this because they are sentient being... unless they give me their consentement as I explain to them the possible reaction.

Wayfinders

820-701 Female NG Feychild Gnome Xenoseeker Envoy 8 | SP 00/56 HP 30/40 | RP 06/10 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +6 (+2 Fear & Despair, +2 vs illusion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +11, SM: +11+1d6+1 | Speed 30ft | 3/3 - dancing lights, ghost sound, and token spell. | Eternal Hope 1/1, Shirt Reroll 0/1 | Active conditions: GUNNING FOR REVENGE!

Charli smiles at the Marlomaws. “Would you be willing to give us a tour? This could be a great opportunity for us to help you with that inventory, and to exchange more cultural information. By the way... Are you guys interested in becoming Starfinders? You said something about being interested in travel, and goodness knows that this organization will give you lots of opportunities for it.”


Grehunde's Gorget

Mikkazuki, there's not really a standard in a case like this, but you can certainly look around inside.

"A lot of computers stopped working in the flooding, but you're welcome to try with what you can find! Please, do enter and look around. I don't think we could be Starfinders; we've got far too much work to do here. Oh! First thing, we must introduce you to Oshessa! She's our leader."

A dark blue morlamaw emerges from the airlock at the northwest corner (north is to the left). She is almost regal in bearing, and looks you all over.

"Welcome to our home. I hope you'll be comfortable here."

"A vesk? So you say you are no longer at war." She reaches for one of Mikkazuki's hands to examine the claws. "Yet you are always armed, are you not?"

"And humans? Most of the information on the datapads is about you. Are you sad to have lost your home world?"

"And a gnome! I never expected to meet a gnome here. Are you completely proportional to a human or are you scaled differently? It seems like your head is scaled a little differently, a bit larger relative to the rest of you?"

"And you must be an android. You are part mechanical and part biological, yes? Could you tell me more about how that works?"

"A shirren! Please tell me about your telepathy, how does that work? Do you use your antennae?"

51 to 100 of 578 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / OutPost 1: GM Kate's Sanctuary of Drowned Delight, Table 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.