OGGM's Sins of the Saviors (Inactive)

Game Master Old Guy GM

The threat to Varisia, in the form of an army of giants led by a stone giant wizard named Mokmurian, is over. Our heroes slew the evil giant in his lair in the fortress of Jorgenfist. But a greater threat now looms...


301 to 350 of 1,894 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Human Cleric 15; HP 132/132+10| AC 28 T 15 FF 26| Fo +14 Re +10 Wi +19| Init +2 Percep +25| Channel Energy 9/9

Resist Energy, Communal: everyone resist cold 30

This is kind of crazy, but here goes.

"Why is there never a minstrel around when you do something crazy like try to rescue a dwarf from the mouth of massive beast like that dragon? Life just isn't fair." Tomaru sings a short note "Bamf!" and, in a swirl of butterflies, disappears. He reappears within the dragon's chilly mouth with an explosion of butterflies, grabs hold of Thordak, and, in another puff of butterflies the duo teleport from the dragon's maw to a point above Lake Stormunder. "Hey, Thordak, can you swim?" He asks as they plunge into its chilly depths.

Tomaru will try to Greater Teleport to Thordak, then Dimensional Step down toward the lake with him 65'. Hopefully, we'll fall the rest of the way into the lake.

The rest of you better not take any more damage until I can get back to you.


F/R/W: +20/+20/+18 AC/T/FF: 32/18/26; CMD: 34; Heroes’ Feast +1; Perc: +21; Init: +7; Max HP: 153; Current HP: 153; Temp 0;

Praxim starts knocking arrows, each one bursting aflame as he draws it back. The fiery arrows shoot out over the lake.

Arrow: 1d20 + 25 + 1 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 25 + 1 + 4 - 2 = 46
Displacement chance (low misses): 1d100 ⇒ 79
Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 2 + 26 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 + 26 = 40 + Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 6 (9 if it has fire vulnerability)

Arrow: 1d20 + 20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 20 + 1 - 2 = 23

Arrow: 1d20 + 15 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 15 + 1 - 2 = 18

Three arrows streak across the sky, and the first hits the dragon squarely in the rump!

"I have no problem shooting up your worthless ass, you spineless coward!" the noble paladin shouts after their flying foe.


F/R/W: +15/+11/+10; AC/T/FF: 30/14/28; CMD: 33 (35 vs bull rush) Perc: +14; Init +2; Max HP: 125; Current HP: 125; Temp: 10; Cold 55

Only if the dragon has flown outside the range of its frightful presence...:

Rexil feels the fear fade and slips out from behind the column. Seeing the dragon fleeing, and watching his hero continue to engage in ranged combat, he reaches into his pouch, finds a couple good-sized rocks and lobs them at the dragon.

Rock throw: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 13 - 2 = 13

Rock throw: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 - 2 = 15

Both rocks fall well short of the dragon, splashing down into the lake.

Did we ever get a description as to whether the lake was frozen or not?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Thordak and Aurora. Praxim and Lym go after the dragon. Seeing as though Tomaru's action has ddirect bearing on Thordak's move, I will jump in here.

Tomaru wrote:
Tomaru will try to Greater Teleport to Thordak, then Dimensional Step down toward the lake with him 65'. Hopefully, we'll fall the rest of the way into the lake.

Much points for awesomeness. However...

You've Only Seen this Location Once: 1d100 ⇒ 98 Mishap! damage: 1d10 ⇒ 8
Mishap Location: 1d100 ⇒ 80

Thank you dice gods...

Tomaru appears in a puff of butterflies squarely between the great horns on top of Arkhyst's head. It's difficult to tell who is more surprised, the dragon or the cleric of Desna...

Ok, Tomaru, you still have your Move Action to do something. In case you are wondering, it's 15' from where you are on the dragon's head to inside the jaws...


F/R/W: +20/+20/+18 AC/T/FF: 32/18/26; CMD: 34; Heroes’ Feast +1; Perc: +21; Init: +7; Max HP: 153; Current HP: 153; Temp 0;

Tomatu used greater teleport. No chance of ending up off target.


Praxim wrote:
Tomatu used greater teleport. No chance of ending up off target.

Yes, normally. The RAW doesn't really cover trying to hit a confined, moving space like inside a dragon's mouth. I'm kind of winging it here. "You must have some clear idea of the location and layout of the destination." Is the dragon's mouth a location? What about a moving target? Does the dragon get to save because it's technically inside him? I can see both sides, so I'll let Tomaru decide how he wants to play it.

Your call Tomaru, take it as you described? Or take the rolls and be perched on top of the dragon?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Human Cleric 15; HP 132/132+10| AC 28 T 15 FF 26| Fo +14 Re +10 Wi +19| Init +2 Percep +25| Channel Energy 9/9

Ok. I understand your ruling even though it keeps me from being as cool as I'd hoped.

Can I use Tugging the Strands to get a reroll? You let me do it once, but that may have been a situational thing.
"You don't have to go home, but you gotta get out of here."

Can I get inside mouth using Dimensional Hop?
"Thordak, what's a nice dwarf like you doing in a dump like this?"

Otherwise it looks like I'm a dragon rider. Ride: 1d20 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (15) + 2 - 5 = 12 includes no saddle penalty.
Half screaming and half laughing, Tomaru grabs hold of dragon horns for dear life. "What a day. What a lovely day."

Does this mean I'm grappling the dragon? "I'm not stuck in here with you. You're stuck in here with me."


You can get inside with Dimensional Hop, that's why I gave you the distance of 15'. That would be your Move action for the turn, so you'd be sharing space inside an ancient dragon's mouth with a dwarf.

Just another day at the office...


I sense a classic Thordak moment coming on...


Human Cleric 15; HP 132/132+10| AC 28 T 15 FF 26| Fo +14 Re +10 Wi +19| Init +2 Percep +25| Channel Energy 9/9

I'll take my chances in the order presented in the previous post. If you rule I can't use Tugging the Strands, I'll go with Dimensional Hop.


Female Gnome Sorcerer 13, hp 80/80, AC 17|T 13|FF 14, F +9|R +9|W +11, Init +2, Perception +16/21/23, low-light vision, darkvision 60 ft, see invisibility
skills:
Bluff +22, Craft (tattoo) +8, Diplomacy +25, Fly +14, Linguistics +3, Perception +16, Spellcraft +17, Use Magic Device +22

Absolute gold lol :D

Aurora changes tack, splaying her fingers and sending shards of force spiraling towards the dragon...

empowered magic missile
caster check v SR 25: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17

...however they too wink out, their magic not strong enough to pierce the dragon scales.

hp 35/80, used: 1 x 5th level spell slot, 2 x 4th level spell slot, 1 x 3rd level spell slot rod (selective) 2/3 uses left


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Dwarf Barbarian(Titan Mauler) 15
Stats:
Hp's 229/229; AC: 27/touch 16/ff 23(vs. giants 34/21/25); Perc: +19; Init: +4; Fort: +19, Ref: +12, Will: +13; CMD 35(40 vs giant type/35 vs larger)
Tomaru wrote:

Can I get inside mouth using Dimensional Hop?

"Thordak, what's a nice dwarf like you doing in a dump like this?"

Still struggling, he stops a moment as he's pretty certain he hears Tomaru. Raising an eyebrow in curiosity a moment, he just shrugs and starts up as if it's just another day at the office and loud enough to be heard over the wind. "Well, lad, I just thought I'd get meself trapped inside the jaws of this here pleasant beastie!" he says with as-a-matter-of-fact-sarcasm. "Glad you stopped by, lad; I'd invite ya in but that would just be stupid! Anyway, it doesn't get much funner than being... what?!...," he tries to look down, "maybe three or four hunderd feet in the air?! I mean, ya can't buy this kinda fun, lad! Ya just can't! It's not every day ya get the option of bein' a beastie treat or the possibility of bein' just a big greasy spot upon the land!" he laughs before noticing a spot on one of the dragon's tooth and attempts to rub it off. As he does, he continues on, addressing the dragon with an utmost level of respect. "JUST SO YA KNOW, DUNG FOR BREATH, WE DWARVES DON'T TASTE LIKE CHICKEN! I HOPE YA CHOKE ON ME AND DIE! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! THAT WOULD BE FANTASTIC! I CAN HEAR THE TALES NOW: THORDAK IRONHEART MANAGED TA CHOKE THE MIGHTY DRAGON TA DEATH JUST BEFORE HE DIED! HAHAHAHAHAHA!" He punches the dragon on his gum line just for good measure.

AC 26(28 vs. Dragon); Hp's 210/238; Rage 4/41; Elemental Rage: Acid(+1d6 damage); Elemental Blood(fire), Grtr: +30' speed; Fire resist 10; DR 4/-


GM Screen:
hp 209/283; displacement, shield, resist energy 20.

The raging dwarf's words are drown out by the roar of the dragon's intake of breath. Suddenly the air around you is deathly cold as the white dragon breathes!
Cold Damage: 20d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 5, 2, 4, 6, 3, 4, 5, 6, 4, 2, 5, 1, 1, 2, 5, 3, 3, 4) = 77
Ref save DC 27 for half - remember you have resistance from Tomaru.

The dragon snap rolls to his right, just over the lake. Then he opens his maw wide...and drops Tomaru and Thordak from 200' up!
It's the Sudden Stop...: 20d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 3, 1, 2, 3, 6, 5, 5, 3, 4, 2, 4, 4, 1, 3, 3, 2, 6, 5) = 74

Arkhryst continues his long arc over the lake, lining himself up for another pass at the Stone Circle. Just as he comes about, one of Praxim's arrows catches him full in the face!

Sorry for the long wait. Lym needs to go to end ROUND THREE, then Aurora, Tomaru, and Thordak go to start ROUND FOUR. To mitigate the falling damage will take a swift or immediate action of some sort. The falling duo are 200' from the group, 160' from Lym. The dragon is 100' from the Circle and 100' feet up.


Human Cleric 15; HP 132/132+10| AC 28 T 15 FF 26| Fo +14 Re +10 Wi +19| Init +2 Percep +25| Channel Energy 9/9

Resist Energy, communal: Cold 30

reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Tomaru manages to hide within his magical cloak and beneath the dragon's tongue to mitigate the danger from the dragon's breath weapon before being dropped to the icy waters below.

"Oh oh!"


M Dwarf Barbarian(Titan Mauler) 15
Stats:
Hp's 229/229; AC: 27/touch 16/ff 23(vs. giants 34/21/25); Perc: +19; Init: +4; Fort: +19, Ref: +12, Will: +13; CMD 35(40 vs giant type/35 vs larger)

As Thordak spots the vortex of cold quickly forming within the throat of the dragon, he can only rolls his eyes and sigh. "Blast I hate you," he grumbles just before the freezing cold hits him full force.

Ref: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23 47 damage

Finding himself flying downward at a rapid pace, "HA! Stupid dragon! I'm FREEEE! Now you're gonna...!" is all he manages as he hits down, amazingly feet first in the water.

Boots of the cat bay-bee! So awesome! I love it when stuff works. :) (20 damage)

AC 26(28 vs. Dragon); Hp's 143/238; Rage 4/41; Elemental Rage: Acid(+1d6 damage); Elemental Blood(fire), Grtr: +30' speed; Fire resist 10; DR 4/-

Question: Does DR work vs. falling damage?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-Orc Evoker 9/Cyphermage 6; Init. +2; Perception +10; Darkvision; Arcane Sight; Fly 40 ft.; AC 23 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +1 Deflection, +1 natural, +3 Mage Armour, +4 Shield); HP 111/97; Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +14

Auran:
"Catch them!"

At Lym's shouted command, Real Old Gusty changes course abruptly, barrels forward -- and catches Thordak and Tomaru before they can fall into the frigid water!

Greater air elemental double-moves to catch our falling friends.

Meanwhile, Lym watches the dragon arc away -- and mutters a spell she prepared, just for an occasion like this. Five bolts of power rocket away from her, to pepper the dragon's scales!

Spell penetration 1d20 + 13 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 13 + 6 = 25. That is the exact number of his SR. If I hit, then that's 28 force damage from a Maximized magic missile. If not, then booo....


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Lym's missiles of force wash harmlessly off of the dragon's Shield spell. I think Aurora already tried this.

Another rules dilemma...there was no readied action for the elemental to catch anyone dropped by the dragon. The falling (and the damage) all occurs on the dragon's turn. I'm willing to give it a chance if Real Old Gusty can make a Ref save for each player. DC 25 for Thordak, as the first command given was 'save the dwarf'; and a DC 30 for Tomaru. It's +5 to his DC because we are trying to catch not one, but two players without the readied action.

Ref sv Tomaru: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33
Ref sv Thordak: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (10) + 18 = 28
Well I'll be darned...

The air blasting through Thordak's ears grows louder than a hurricane as the huge elemental rushes down and grabs him by the ankle. The dwarf is is whipped about as Gusty continues his (its?) suicide dive straight down at the lake. At the very last second, Tomaru is violently halted in his fall, only inches above the freezing waters of Lake Stormunder.

If it weren't for the deadly nature of the situation, the sight of a 36' pillar of air hovering over the middle of a frozen lake holding a cleric of Desna by one arm and a dwarf dangling upside down by an ankle would be hilarious. As it is, the dragon roars in frustration and begins it's charge...

ROUND FOUR: Aurora, Thordak, Tomaru. Sometimes, the dice just make the story better, ya know?


Human Cleric 15; HP 132/132+10| AC 28 T 15 FF 26| Fo +14 Re +10 Wi +19| Init +2 Percep +25| Channel Energy 9/9

"Desna favors the bold."

So we are still about 200' from shore? Tomaru uses Teleport to get him and Thordak back to the group.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Dwarf Barbarian(Titan Mauler) 15
Stats:
Hp's 229/229; AC: 27/touch 16/ff 23(vs. giants 34/21/25); Perc: +19; Init: +4; Fort: +19, Ref: +12, Will: +13; CMD 35(40 vs giant type/35 vs larger)

But not better than the story of my BOOTS! Hey, can Thordak still fall and take damage? It's the boots man, c'mon! You know, I bought them for this very reason and I refuse to be robbed of their awesomeness. By the order of the court I will proceed to take my seriously minor falling damage and be content. Thank you! ;)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-Orc Evoker 9/Cyphermage 6; Init. +2; Perception +10; Darkvision; Arcane Sight; Fly 40 ft.; AC 23 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +1 Deflection, +1 natural, +3 Mage Armour, +4 Shield); HP 111/97; Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +14

Hush up and be rescued, you big ham! :p You're going to need those hp, and chances are you'll get dropped from a great height again soon enough. ;)


Female Gnome Sorcerer 13, hp 80/80, AC 17|T 13|FF 14, F +9|R +9|W +11, Init +2, Perception +16/21/23, low-light vision, darkvision 60 ft, see invisibility
skills:
Bluff +22, Craft (tattoo) +8, Diplomacy +25, Fly +14, Linguistics +3, Perception +16, Spellcraft +17, Use Magic Device +22

Nodding to herself that Thordak and Tomaru seemed safe, Aurora's glances around until she finds what she's after. Thrusting one claw-like hand out towards one of the giant boulders scattered around, she crooks her fingers and wrenches her hands, causing the gigantic stone weight to crack free of the other rocks surrounding it. Hovering there for just a moment, she watches the dragon's flight path and with a scream she throws her hands forward, the rock following and catapulting in to the sky towards the dragon.

telekinesis: 1d20 + 6 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 8 = 19
blunt force trauma 325 lb rock: 13d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 1, 2, 5, 2, 6, 3, 5, 1, 1, 5, 1) = 40

Her scream turning in to one of frustration as she watches the stone arc past, Aurora stamps a foot.

Thordak you get yourself back here right now! If my magic can't hurt the blasted thing directly then I'll use it to make you fly so you can go up and explain to it just how cross I am!

hp 35/80, used: 2 x 5th level spell slot, 2 x 4th level spell slot, 1 x 3rd level spell slot rod (selective) 2/3 uses left


Tomaru casts a quick Teleport spell, but the stress of the moment makes him forget that Thordak is still upside down. The two heroes arrive in the circle, and the dwarf drops from 20' on to his head!

Except he doesn't because...he has cool boots!

With a mighty stroke of his wings, the dragon comes straight in, low and fast. The spray of snow displaced by his passing throws a flume of white behind him. Recognizing the greatest threat, Arkhryst's jaws flash out at Praxim as he flies past!

Flyby Attack, GVS: 1d20 + 31 ⇒ (6) + 31 = 37
damage: 5d8 + 16 ⇒ (8, 4, 7, 7, 6) + 16 = 48

The air displaced by its passing overhead makes your ears pop. With jaws dripping elven blood, the dragon begins to climb up and right.

dragon 100' away; end of ROUND FOUR: Praxim and Lym are up. No AoOs, the dragon has 15' reach. Once those two go, its ROUND FIVE and Thordak, Tomaru, and Aurora.


F/R/W: +20/+20/+18 AC/T/FF: 32/18/26; CMD: 34; Heroes’ Feast +1; Perc: +21; Init: +7; Max HP: 153; Current HP: 153; Temp 0;

Swift LoH: 6d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 3, 2, 1, 3) = 15

Praxim quickly restores some of that damage, then sends arrows chasing the dragon.

Arrow: 1d20 + 25 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 25 + 1 + 4 = 46
Displacement: 1d100 ⇒ 37

Arrow: 1d20 + 20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 20 + 1 + 4 = 32

Arrow: 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 15 + 1 + 4 = 27

His arrows fly harmlessly through the air, his first fooled by the dragon's spell.


Female Half-Orc Evoker 9/Cyphermage 6; Init. +2; Perception +10; Darkvision; Arcane Sight; Fly 40 ft.; AC 23 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +1 Deflection, +1 natural, +3 Mage Armour, +4 Shield); HP 111/97; Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +14

Real Old Gusty watches the little creatures disappear from its grasp. Sluggishly -- for an air elemental, anyway -- it turns its great head, looking for the little creatures it was ordered to rescue. Seeing them now back on (yuck!) land, it turns its bulk and storms off to rescue them once again!

Fly, Real Old Gusty, fly! 1d20 + 34 ⇒ (1) + 34 = 35. If Real Old Gusty can get within striking distance of Arkhryst again this round, he hits him with his two slams: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (9) + 25 = 34 for 2d8 + 9 ⇒ (6, 4) + 9 = 19 and 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (18) + 25 = 43 for 2d8 + 9 ⇒ (3, 5) + 9 = 17 damage.

Lym's rune-stitched robes flash and flare as she calls on their power to recall a spell already cast. The Wizard flicks a bead of flame at the dragon, which turns into a raging Fireball as soon as it strikes the beast's back!

Spell penetration 1d20 + 13 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 13 + 6 = 39, Fireball for 10d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 4, 3, 5, 2, 4, 5, 4, 4, 1) + 3 = 39 fire damage, Ref. save DC 19 for half.


Human Cleric 15; HP 132/132+10| AC 28 T 15 FF 26| Fo +14 Re +10 Wi +19| Init +2 Percep +25| Channel Energy 9/9

Tomaru releases another burst of healing energy before retreating behind a giant head for protection.
Channel Positive Energy: 6d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 6, 2, 6, 4) = 23


ROUND FIVE: Tomaru, Thordak, Aurora


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Dwarf Barbarian(Titan Mauler) 15
Stats:
Hp's 229/229; AC: 27/touch 16/ff 23(vs. giants 34/21/25); Perc: +19; Init: +4; Fort: +19, Ref: +12, Will: +13; CMD 35(40 vs giant type/35 vs larger)
Lym Blackhand wrote:
Hush up and be rescued, you big ham! :p You're going to need those hp, and chances are you'll get dropped from a great height again soon enough. ;)

LOL! Alright, since ya put it that way. At least it'll give me something to look forward too! ;D

OGGM wrote:
Except he doesn't because...he has cool boots!

HAHA! Yeah! Score one for the cool boots!

Thordak's eyes go wide at the anger spewing forth from the typically pleasant gnome and he snaps to attention. "Yes ma'am!" he says, pulling out his boring, non-magical longaxe. "Okay! Ready! Oh, by the way, I dropped me axe over there somewhere. Remind me ta get it after we kill this stupid beast. Okay! Let's go!" He then waits to be zapped.

Draw longaxe (move). And then wait for the fly spell. He can't really do anything else anyway so I might as well wait. :)

AC 26(28 vs. Dragon); Hp's 163/238; Rage 6/41; Elemental Rage: Acid(+1d6 damage); Elemental Blood(fire), Grtr: +30' speed; Fire resist 10; DR 4/-


Just need Aurora, then the dragon will go.


Female Gnome Sorcerer 13, hp 80/80, AC 17|T 13|FF 14, F +9|R +9|W +11, Init +2, Perception +16/21/23, low-light vision, darkvision 60 ft, see invisibility
skills:
Bluff +22, Craft (tattoo) +8, Diplomacy +25, Fly +14, Linguistics +3, Perception +16, Spellcraft +17, Use Magic Device +22

Aurora nods at Thordak, his decision is wise. She brings power to mind, then brushes her lips across his cheek.

Fly master Thordak, go and teach that overgrown salamander some manners...

hp 58/80, used: 2 x 5th level spell slot, 2 x 4th level spell slot, 2 x 3rd level spell slot, rod (selective) 2/3 uses left


GM Screen:
hp 209/283; displacement, shield, resist energy 20

ROUND FIVE cont'd.

Arkhryst continues to climb in a wide arc, far out over the valley. He continues around to the right, taking his time to reset his approach. If you didn't know any better, you'd swear he's waiting for something...

Praxim and Lym. Dragon 300' away and 200' up, he is opposite the lake (the stone circle where you are is between him and the lake.)


Female Half-Orc Evoker 9/Cyphermage 6; Init. +2; Perception +10; Darkvision; Arcane Sight; Fly 40 ft.; AC 23 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +1 Deflection, +1 natural, +3 Mage Armour, +4 Shield); HP 111/97; Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +14

Auran:
"Defensive position!"
Lym shouts at Real Old Gusty -- and she starts to cast.

Air elemental takes position to defend the party. Lym casts Summon Monster VI.


F/R/W: +20/+20/+18 AC/T/FF: 32/18/26; CMD: 34; Heroes’ Feast +1; Perc: +21; Init: +7; Max HP: 153; Current HP: 153; Temp 0;

"You guys think we might want to retreat and try again another day? We have the keys,"

Arrow: 1d20 + 25 + 1 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 25 + 1 + 4 - 2 = 47
Displacement: 1d100 ⇒ 85
Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 2 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 + 13 = 26 + 1d6 ⇒ 6 fire

Arrow: 1d20 + 20 + 1 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 20 + 1 + 4 - 2 = 27

Arrow: 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 15 + 1 + 4 - 2 = 36

Despite the distance, one arrow sinks into the dragon's hide with a little burst of fire


Praxim's arrow hits the dragon squarely.

GM Screen:
hp 180/283; displacement, shield, resist energy 20

ROUND SIX: Tomaru, Thordak, Aurora


Human Cleric 15; HP 132/132+10| AC 28 T 15 FF 26| Fo +14 Re +10 Wi +19| Init +2 Percep +25| Channel Energy 9/9

Communal Resist Energy, cold 30

Tomaru tries to keep a stone head between him and the dragon, while going over to Praxim and giving him a Bit of Luck.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.


M Dwarf Barbarian(Titan Mauler) 15
Stats:
Hp's 229/229; AC: 27/touch 16/ff 23(vs. giants 34/21/25); Perc: +19; Init: +4; Fort: +19, Ref: +12, Will: +13; CMD 35(40 vs giant type/35 vs larger)

Blushing - and unable to stop grinning from ear to ear - he nods emphatically. "Yes Ma'am!" Thordak takes off! But decides to head straight for his longaxe he dropped as he was snatched up by the dragon and then he proceeds straight up into the air, awaiting to see what the dragon's next move will be. "C'mon ya bloody beast. Come and get us."

Fly speed is 60'. Unfortunately, I can only ascend at half speed. But I can ascend at a 90' degree angle with a roll of 20. My modifier with the fly spell is +27. BOOM! :)

So ultimately I can only fly 30' straight up. I can't run but I can charge. Seeing how the dragon is forever away, Thordak will wait until he gets nearer. He's learned a few things along the way. Namely, not to go off by himself without his team with him. He knows that's a bad idea. :P

Currently 30' up; AC 26(28 vs. Dragon); Hp's 186/238; Rage 7/41; Elemental Rage: Acid(+1d6 damage); Elemental Blood(fire), Grtr: +30' speed; Fire resist 10; DR 4/-

I forgot to add in Tomaru's healing last time. Just now did that.

And if I've done anything wrong, let me know. My "Fly spell expertise" is sorely lacking. I'm actually unsure how far the axe is away from me and if I can double move - say 60' to the axe and then 30' up into the air - then that's what I want to do.


Female Gnome Sorcerer 13, hp 80/80, AC 17|T 13|FF 14, F +9|R +9|W +11, Init +2, Perception +16/21/23, low-light vision, darkvision 60 ft, see invisibility
skills:
Bluff +22, Craft (tattoo) +8, Diplomacy +25, Fly +14, Linguistics +3, Perception +16, Spellcraft +17, Use Magic Device +22

Nodding at Thordak and smiling at the gusto he exhibits flying up in to the sky, Aurora turns her steely gaze upon the dragon, wondering what exactly it was up to.

Delay

hp 58/80, used: 2 x 5th level spell slot, 2 x 4th level spell slot, 2 x 3rd level spell slot, rod (selective) 2/3 uses left


You can grab your axe.

The dragon continues its long circling flight, head and neck craned around to watch all of you. It notes Thordak rising into the air, and you can see it's evil grin from where you stand. He drops into a shallow dive, and beats his powerful wings to gain even MORE speed.

The dragon heads straight for the flying dwarf...

100' away and 30' off the ground. Coming fast and hard. Aurora is delayed (and could act), Praxim and Lym are up to end ROUND SIX.


F/R/W: +20/+20/+18 AC/T/FF: 32/18/26; CMD: 34; Heroes’ Feast +1; Perc: +21; Init: +7; Max HP: 153; Current HP: 153; Temp 0;

Praxim takes aim, feeling Desna's luck working things in his favour. Even still, only his first arrow finds its mark.

Arrow: 1d20 + 25 + 1 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 25 + 1 + 4 - 2 = 43
Arrow: 1d20 + 25 + 1 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 25 + 1 + 4 - 2 = 29
Displacement: 1d100 ⇒ 76
Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 2 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 + 13 = 24 + 1d6 ⇒ 1 fire

Arrow: 1d20 + 25 + 1 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 25 + 1 + 4 - 2 = 45
Arrow: 1d20 + 25 + 1 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 25 + 1 + 4 - 2 = 40
Displacement: 1d100 ⇒ 24

Arrow: 1d20 + 20 + 1 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 20 + 1 + 4 - 2 = 39
Arrow: 1d20 + 20 + 1 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 20 + 1 + 4 - 2 = 36

Arrow: 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 15 + 1 + 4 - 2 = 23
Arrow: 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 15 + 1 + 4 - 2 = 31


Female Half-Orc Evoker 9/Cyphermage 6; Init. +2; Perception +10; Darkvision; Arcane Sight; Fly 40 ft.; AC 23 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +1 Deflection, +1 natural, +3 Mage Armour, +4 Shield); HP 111/97; Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +14

Lym finishes her incantation and starts to fly back towards the others.
Between the group and the dragon, the sky abruptly - locally - darkens. A dark cloud takes form, and its belly fills up with lightning. The flickering illumination sketches out something not unlike a face on its surface.

Auran:
"Kill the dragon!"
Lym shouts at the apparition, which turns its 'eyes' on Arkhryst. The thundercloud .... roars. And flows towards the dragon, reshaping its body into a draconic shape all its own!
Real Old Gusty bellows a challenge of its own and follows after.

Lym double-moves towards the party.
The huge lightning elemental and Real Old Gusty take the field! If they can get into flanking position, they do.
Real Old Gusty: Slam #1 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (6) + 25 = 31 for 2d8 + 9 ⇒ (6, 4) + 9 = 19 damage. Slam #2 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (1) + 25 = 26 for 2d8 + 9 ⇒ (2, 1) + 9 = 12 damage.
Sparky the Lightning Dragon: Slam #1 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21 for 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (4, 1) + 5 = 10 plus 1d8 ⇒ 7 electricity damage. Slam #2 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19 for 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (4, 5) + 5 = 14 plus 1d8 ⇒ 4 electricity damage.


GM Screen:
hp 154/283; displacement, shield, resist energy 20

Another of Praxim's arrows score a solid hit. Army of Lym is not so lucky, the elemental's blows either missing or glancing harmlessly off of the dragon's hide.

ROUND SEVEN: Thordak, Tomaru, Aurora. Dragon is 100' away, 30' speed. It is flanked on both sides by huge elementals. AC 41/8/37.


Human Cleric 15; HP 132/132+10| AC 28 T 15 FF 26| Fo +14 Re +10 Wi +19| Init +2 Percep +25| Channel Energy 9/9

Communal Resist Energy, cold 30

I got a kind of crazy idea.

I want to ready and action to put a Wall of Stone up in the dragon's path just before it attacks Thordak. I don't expect to stop it, just cause it to damage itself as it blows through the column of stone. With Thordak up 30', I can make it 10' wide.

If that doesn't seem feasible, more Bit of Luck for Praxim.


Female Gnome Sorcerer 13, hp 80/80, AC 17|T 13|FF 14, F +9|R +9|W +11, Init +2, Perception +16/21/23, low-light vision, darkvision 60 ft, see invisibility
skills:
Bluff +22, Craft (tattoo) +8, Diplomacy +25, Fly +14, Linguistics +3, Perception +16, Spellcraft +17, Use Magic Device +22

Aurora continues to wait for the dragon to get back in range, not trusting her magic where it could damage Lym's summoned allies.


Ok, the wall idea is a go. Just need Thordak.


M Dwarf Barbarian(Titan Mauler) 15
Stats:
Hp's 229/229; AC: 27/touch 16/ff 23(vs. giants 34/21/25); Perc: +19; Init: +4; Fort: +19, Ref: +12, Will: +13; CMD 35(40 vs giant type/35 vs larger)

Thordak raises his longaxe ready to strike as he hovers in midair. "Just a little closer ya bloody beast."

Ready action to attack when in range.

Ready attack:

+1 Furious keen Dwarven Longaxe: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (13) + 24 = 37
Damage: 1d12 + 17 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 17 + (1) = 24

Currently 30' up; AC 26(28 vs. Dragon); Hp's 186/238; Rage 8/41; Elemental Rage: Acid(+1d6 damage); Elemental Blood(fire), Grtr: +30' speed; Fire resist 10; DR 4/-


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I screwed up the dragon's info. It was 100' away and 30' high not 30' speed.

GM Screen:
hp 49/283; displacement, shield, resist energy 20 2/3 rounds until breathe

Arkhryst stretches his wings to their full extent and glides in at a terrible speed, straight for the flying dwarf. Suddenly a stone wall springs up from the ground in the dragon's path!
Fly check: 1d20 + 16 - 4 - 8 ⇒ (6) + 16 - 4 - 8 = 10

The dragon tucks its long neck in a reflexive flinch as it crashes into the wall at full speed!
damage at speed 200': 20d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 3, 1, 1, 3, 4, 3, 4, 5, 2, 4, 6, 1, 6, 1, 3, 5, 2, 3) = 63

The wall bursts into a deadly shower of stone shards as the dragon smashes through it.
damage to any dwarfs who may happen to be flying right about there: 5d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 5, 1, 1) = 14

collision!: 1d20 + 16 - 4 - 8 ⇒ (8) + 16 - 4 - 8 = 12
Rolling and tumbling through the frigid air, the dragon passes by Thordak on its way to crashing into the ground. The dwarf lashes out - prepared as he was - and strikes Arkhryst on his side as he goes by.

fall damage 30' up: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 6) = 18
The white dragon hits the permafrost in a spray of snow and dirt, digging a great furrow in the ground. He comes to a rest up against one of the great stone heads, the force of the hit causing the ancient statue to tilt to the right at a severe angle.

Aurora? Then the dragon will go.


Human Cleric 15; HP 132/132+10| AC 28 T 15 FF 26| Fo +14 Re +10 Wi +19| Init +2 Percep +25| Channel Energy 9/9

That is pretty much what I had hoped would happen.


Female Half-Orc Evoker 9/Cyphermage 6; Init. +2; Perception +10; Darkvision; Arcane Sight; Fly 40 ft.; AC 23 (+3 Dex*, +1 armour, +1 Deflection, +1 natural, +3 Mage Armour, +4 Shield); HP 111/97; Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +14

Yeehaw! :D Excellent!


Female Gnome Sorcerer 13, hp 80/80, AC 17|T 13|FF 14, F +9|R +9|W +11, Init +2, Perception +16/21/23, low-light vision, darkvision 60 ft, see invisibility
skills:
Bluff +22, Craft (tattoo) +8, Diplomacy +25, Fly +14, Linguistics +3, Perception +16, Spellcraft +17, Use Magic Device +22

Watching with her mouth wide open at the sight of the dragon dive, Aurora wastes no time and reaches out with her magic to wrench the statue, pulling it towards where the dragon is laying and accelerating its fall as much as she can.

Telekinesis OGGM, not sure on cinematics versus mechanics but you get the picture and feel free to adapt dice rolls as you see fit!

Moving large statue with telekinesis: 1d20 + 6 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 8 = 29 Plus whatever bonus there is for the dragon lying still!
very heavy status landing on a dragon's head: 13d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 1, 2, 6, 6, 3, 1, 2, 4, 5, 3, 3) = 40

hp 58/80, used: 3 x 5th level spell slot, 2 x 4th level spell slot, 2 x 3rd level spell slot, rod (selective) 2/3 uses left


F/R/W: +20/+20/+18 AC/T/FF: 32/18/26; CMD: 34; Heroes’ Feast +1; Perc: +21; Init: +7; Max HP: 153; Current HP: 153; Temp 0;

"Never mind. Forget I said anything."


Human Cleric 15; HP 132/132+10| AC 28 T 15 FF 26| Fo +14 Re +10 Wi +19| Init +2 Percep +25| Channel Energy 9/9

Tomaru's mind goes to all of the items he could create from pieces harvested from the corpse of the dead cold dragon.

Gather around for some healing.
Channel Positive Energy: 6d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 1, 5, 2, 3) = 15

I can do more if needed. Let me know.

301 to 350 of 1,894 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / OGGM's Sins of the Saviors All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.