Navior's Age of Worms (Inactive)

Game Master Navior


1 to 50 of 250 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

This is the OOC Thread. I'll post a link to the pbp thread once we're ready to start.


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

Sweet! Still contemplating what sort of character to make, but I'll let you know as soon as I come up with something.


Dotting...

And here he is, he he


Male Human Cleric 1/Bard 1

Presenting Venedictus.
Rolling for starting gold...
4d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 5, 2) = 13 (please be nice, please be nice, come on, baby needs a new pair of +5 shoes...)


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

So I'm thinking about using either Anneke (from Ben's RotRL game), or maybe going with a dwarven fighter/rogue. I'm kind of hesitant about trying to build a MAD character though. I'll wait a bit longer to see what Justin is working on...


Rat Bastard

Oof! Tough choice! I'm working on a character idea and I will post it as soon as it is baked. Hopefully tomorrow.


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

Alright, well I think I've just about made up my mind.

Basically I'm looking at creating the wayward daughter of my best friend's dwarf character. Where her old man has settled down a bit these days and isn't quite as rowdy as in his youth, Dara Hellhammer is still sewing her oats and doesn't care for sticking with the life of a soldier. As such, she's looking to get out and see the world and what life is all about outside of Highhelm. (If traveling the world was good enough for the old man, it's good enough for her.)

Like her Dad, she's got one hell of a temper and even less patience for social niceties. Right now I'm planning her out as a Dwarven Barbarian/Rogue starting with 1 level of Barbarian before switching to Rogue (most likely a permanent switch).

20-pts:
S 14
D 15
C 16
I 10
W 16
C 6

25-pts:
S 14
D 15
C 16
I 13
W 16
C 8

Starting Gold 3d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 6) = 12 × 10


Rat Bastard

Navior - Are we using Traits?


Rat Bastard

Gents,
Here's the basic concept:

Female Aasimar Paladin

STR 16
DEX 14
CON 12
INT 10
WIS 10
CHA 16

Navior - are you OK with Aasimar?

If you are alright with it - I'll finish out the build.


stormraven wrote:
Navior - Are we using Traits?

Yes, sorry, forgot to mention those previously. We are using traits.


This is Ben (Biter). Here's my concept.

His name's Bear, and he's a Transmuter Wiz going Eldritch Knight. He'll be mostly a buffer/melee combatant. CN to CG (he floats between them).

He's a Horse-trader/horse thief who's been stuck in town paying off a debt that wasn't his fault (in his mind), and the debt was just finished being paid back. He can't wait to get out of this rat-lovin' hole of a town.

Human or Half-orc (i'm currently undecided, but either way he'll be Varisian)

20 pt buy (I'll modify him if we switch to 25)
STR 17
DEX 14
CON 14
INT 14
WIS 10
CHA 8

Feats: Toughness (and Arcane Strike if human)

Traits: Magical Knack (Wizard), Heirloom Weapon (Falchion)


stormraven wrote:

Navior - are you OK with Aasimar?

If you are alright with it - I'll finish out the build.

Aasimar is fine. However, to help balance the fact that aasimars are slightly more powerful at low levels than the core races, you only get one trait instead of two.


Alrighty, Dara "Ironshanks" Hellhammer is ready to kick ass and chew bubblegum... but she's all out of gum.

Note: From 2nd level on, expect to see Dara advancing with levels in Rogue. I'm intending that her disenfranchisement with things will see her developing other skills besides how she throws down when she loses her temper.


Rat Bastard
Navior wrote:
stormraven wrote:

Navior - are you OK with Aasimar?

If you are alright with it - I'll finish out the build.

Aasimar is fine. However, to help balance the fact that aasimars are slightly more powerful at low levels than the core races, you only get one trait instead of two.

Disco! I'll finish out her build and character sheet today.


dot

and gold for Bear... 2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11 x10 = 110g


Also, one question... when rolling up starting equipment, I can use my Scribe Scroll feat to create some scrolls, yes?

Just want to make sure before I go ahead and do it.


Beargle "Bear" Zstellian wrote:

Also, one question... when rolling up starting equipment, I can use my Scribe Scroll feat to create some scrolls, yes?

Just want to make sure before I go ahead and do it.

I'm fine with that.


Rat Bastard

Beargle? You win for best out-of-game relate! LOL

Paladin cash
Come'on big money... big money...

5d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 3, 2, 2) = 18 x10 GP


Male Human Cleric 1/Bard 1
stormraven wrote:

Beargle? You win for best out-of-game relate! LOL

Paladin cash
Come'on big money... big money...

5d6 x10 GP

Well, we are supposed to be impoverished.


Rat Bastard
Venedictus wrote:
stormraven wrote:

Beargle? You win for best out-of-game relate! LOL

Paladin cash
Come'on big money... big money...

5d6 x10 GP

Well, we are supposed to be impoverished.

Indeed! But preferably AFTER buying equipment, not before. ;)


Male Human Cleric 1/Bard 1
Priyya_1 wrote:
Venedictus wrote:
stormraven wrote:

Beargle? You win for best out-of-game relate! LOL

Paladin cash
Come'on big money... big money...

5d6 x10 GP

Well, we are supposed to be impoverished.
Indeed! But preferably AFTER buying equipment, not before. ;)

Equipment? What equipment? You aren't getting much equipment with that roll....oh, NOW I see what you're saying...


Female Human (Ulfen) Paladin 2

"Priyya, Varisia not that big, how you get lost like this?"


Anneke wrote:
"Priyya, Varisia not that big, how you get lost like this?"

I think you're the lost one, Anneke. Back to your proper thread with you! :)


Rat Bastard

You been ninja'd! I was fixing the avatar as you spoke... FWIW, there is some symmetry in using Priyya's avatar. My Pally is going to be her cousin. LOL


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20
stormraven wrote:
You been ninja'd! I was fixing the avatar as you spoke... FWIW, there is some symmetry in using Priyya's avatar. My Pally is going to be her cousin. LOL

You're just trying to make her sound like a racist for saying all you lightbringers look the same, aren't you? :P


Seriously though, there are like 10 avatars each for Seoni and Kyra, but do you think I could find even ONE that looked like a dwarven woman? NOOOOOooooooo!

*Dara storms off and bites an angry dog on her way back to her guard post (assuming she hasn't been fired yet again)


Female Aasimar -- born Kelesh Cleric / 2

Who is this 'Kyra' of which you speak? Far as I can see there are like 10 'homages' to my Priyya... who OWNS the iconic image. :P

The paucity of 'normal' racial pics is pretty irksome. Honestly... how many strange leech-like bloodsucker avatars do you really need?


Priyya_1 wrote:

Who is this 'Kyra' of which you speak? Far as I can see there are like 10 'homages' to my Priyya... who OWNS the iconic image. :P

The paucity of 'normal' racial pics is pretty irksome. Honestly... how many strange leech-like bloodsucker avatars do you really need?

I know what you mean. I'm playing a male gnome sorcerer in another game, but gnome avatars are pretty much limited to Lini. I ended up using an avatar that isn't even remotely similar to my written description of the character. Alas.


Male Human Cleric 1/Bard 1

And can you believe that while there is a fat bald man avatar, they didn't have a fat, bald man with a birthmark of Shelyn's holy symbol on his forehead avatar??

Come on, Paizo, let's get with the program!


"Okay, pal, you have my story and my stats... what else ya want?"

backstory and whatnot is up there.. let me know if it's all kosher. Most of my mechanics are finished as well.. just doing some ironing at this point. As well as item purchasing.


"Also," he hikes a meaty thumb at Venedictus, "what's with the old codger?"

Just getting a feel for my new character.


HP: 25/25 | AC:17 ; T:16 ; FF:14 ; CMD:21 | Fort:+4 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+7 | Init:+2 ; PER:+8

Udaya is set to split skulls, smash skeletons, and slash spleens for Sarenrae....

AND do it all in an alliterative fashion! Booyah!


I want to make sure I'm doign this right. THe following is the correct formula for how much scrolls cost to make, right?

(spell level x caster level x 25) / 2

So, for a 1st level spell made by a level 1 wizard would be 12.5 g each, right?

Also, Stormy.. awesome avatar!


HP: 25/25 | AC:17 ; T:16 ; FF:14 ; CMD:21 | Fort:+4 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+7 | Init:+2 ; PER:+8

She is a little minky, ain't she? :)


Beargle "Bear" Zstellian wrote:

I want to make sure I'm doign this right. THe following is the correct formula for how much scrolls cost to make, right?

(spell level x caster level x 25) / 2

So, for a 1st level spell made by a level 1 wizard would be 12.5 g each, right?

You are correct, unless the spell in question has an expensive material component, in which case you add that on to the price. However, 1st-level spells don't usually have expensive material components.


Udaya Udas wrote:
She is a little minky, ain't she? :)

*Nods in agreement*


Okay, we now have a full set of characters. Woot!

They are:

Venedictus - human cleric of Shelyn, but going mostly bard later
Fredrick "Flash" Williams - human illusionist
Dara Hellhammer - dwarf barbarian, going rogue after level 1
Beargle "Bear" Zstellian - human transmuter, going for eldritch knight eventually
Udaya Udas - aasimar paladin

As your only cleric is going to be multiclassing, you may be a bit hard up for healing later on, but the presence of a paladin and some careful planning on everyone's part should help make up for that. :)

I've set up a website for the campaign using the same template that Nazard uses for his Rise of the Fallen campaign. I'll e-mail you all invites to the site shortly. In "The Story" section, you'll find background information about Baslwief, and in "Supporting Cast", I've added several townsfolk. I'll add more stuff as I get the time.


Male Human Cleric 1/Bard 1
Beargle "Bear" Zstellian wrote:

"Also," he hikes a meaty thumb at Venedictus, "what's with the old codger?"

Just getting a feel for my new character.

Hey! Remember Therena's temper and her bolts of lightning she threw at the stewpot, well, V has the same ability, so watch yourself, or he might just blow off you meaty thumb.


Venedictus wrote:
Beargle "Bear" Zstellian wrote:

"Also," he hikes a meaty thumb at Venedictus, "what's with the old codger?"

Just getting a feel for my new character.

Hey! Remember Therena's temper and her bolts of lightning she threw at the stewpot, well, V has the same ability, so watch yourself, or he might just blow off you meaty thumb.

Now now, no infighting before we've even started. At least wait until the first game post before blowing off anyone's meaty thumb.


HP: 25/25 | AC:17 ; T:16 ; FF:14 ; CMD:21 | Fort:+4 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+7 | Init:+2 ; PER:+8
Navior wrote:
Now now, no infighting before we've even started. At least wait until the first game post before blowing off anyone's meaty thumb.

Yeah! That's the civilized way to blow off thumbs!


Dara, I happened to notice you don't seem to have any arrows for your bow. Was this deliberate or just an oversight?


Tucks his thumb securely into his pocket, "that got out of hand quickly..."


Good thing I am completely normal, he he.


HP: 25/25 | AC:17 ; T:16 ; FF:14 ; CMD:21 | Fort:+4 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+7 | Init:+2 ; PER:+8
Beargle "Bear" Zstellian wrote:
Tucks his thumb securely into his pocket, "that got out of hand quickly..."

'Out of hand'? NICE! I'd give that joke a thumbs-up but...


Funs are punny!


Male Human Cleric 1/Bard 1
Udaya Udas wrote:
Navior wrote:
Now now, no infighting before we've even started. At least wait until the first game post before blowing off anyone's meaty thumb.
Yeah! That's the civilized way to blow off thumbs!

Well, fine then. Can somebody tell me which of his meaty parts I am allowed to blow off before the game starts?

In all seriousness though, folks, anybody interested in linking some backgrounds before this all starts? Decide if we've already known each other or been friends, etc.?

Venedictus' faith is not one of the ones represented in town. He has been striving for awhile now to brings some semblance of beauty to this ugliest of towns. In the beginning, he would have stayed at some of the less hideous lodgings, but now his money is all but gone and he's forced to sleep at Jalek's Flophouse. He dispenses a few cures for cash, healing miners after miner cave-ins for various mine managers, all of whom fight over his services (he's been beaten up several times by different managers' thugs to ensure that he only heals for them). At this point, he's given up on his mission and is just looking for an excuse to get out of Baslwief, something other than giving up. He has grown bitter over the past year, and he feels that taint in his soul - he has stopped automatically seeing and assuming the best in people. He'll be looking for any sort of decent companionship or camaraderie.

I could certainly see himself being attracted (platonically) to Udaya, since, as a paladin, she has not succumbed to the despair that is assailing him. He would certainly have nothing against the two wizards, and would see Dara is a project: he failed to bring out the inner beauty of Baslwief, but perhaps he can find it inside Dara (whether she likes it or not).


Navior wrote:
Dara, I happened to notice you don't seem to have any arrows for your bow. Was this deliberate or just an oversight?

Oversight corrected.

"Yo Vene! You're still a priest right? Take up a collection for healing and we'll split the profit. I'll even make sure to guard you this time. No hard feelings about your shoulder from last week, right?" A feral smile creeps into her face, and she jerks a thumb towards the commoners going about their business. "If ain't nobody needs healing. Well, nothing a good brawl won't solve..."


Definitely feel free to intertwine your histories however you like. Even if you don't already know each other, there's a good chance those of you who have been in the town more than a short while have at least heard of the others.

I'll be providing a hook tomorrow to help give a reason why you decide to band together as a group. At which point we should be ready to start! I won't be able to post much tomorrow, so what I will probably do is make an opening post late morning my time (e.s.t.) and then let the rest of you do initial role play for the remainder of the day. On Saturday, we'll get the ball rolling!


Dara Hellhammer wrote:
Well, nothing a good brawl won't solve..."[/b]

As usual, the fiery words of the spitfire of a dwarf bring a slow smile to Bear's thick lips, and as his knuckles flex and creak, you hear him mutter, "Now a good brawl should break the monotony..."


Mind is fried, saw my new niece Giana this evening, wow, holding her was...amazing.

Fredrik announces to the fiery dwarf and her new found friend priest, who he has been visited by a few times already, and he struck up a friendship, an unlikely one, and has confided in the priest, "I really don't think this tow can be saved, but I do appreciate you trying though. It is time to leave and seek adventure!"

1 to 50 of 250 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post Discussion / Navior's Age of Worms OOC All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.