Mummy's Mask

Game Master Samy

GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Campaign --- Day 26 --- Google Drive Folder --- Experience --- Treasure --- Relationships --- Maps (Empty Graves)
Panic Level: 13

Party Inits:
[dice=Initiative Aleris]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Deseri]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Harmose]1d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Kito]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Polux]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Qari]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Ra-Khefer]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Turel]1d20+2[/dice]

[dice=Perception Aleris]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Deseri]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Perception Harmose]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Kito]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Perception Polux]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Perception Qari]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Perception Ra-Khefer]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Perception Turel]1d20+9[/dice]


1,351 to 1,400 of 5,004 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

---Solo Scenes (not at the group Tooth & Hookah scene)---

Polux stores the piece of jewelry, and when he has some privacy, tries to appraise both its origin and value.

Appraisal take 20: 20 + 4 = 24

More on this, depending on the appraisal.

---Tooth & Hookah---

Still interested in Velriana, curious about her earlier outburst while speaking with Harmose, Polux goes for a small sheet of parchment, writing down a few words.

The Note:

I can't begin to fathom what would get you so upset milady, but please accept a drink as a first, small step to try and appease it. Offhandish, your hat is simply amazing.

P

Then calling the waiter, he asks for a bottle of fine wine to be delivered to her table, and the note directly to the wizard.

If when she receives the wine, Velriana scans the room for who may have sent it, Polux simply nods, raising his glass in a toast to her ;)

Now with a purpose, Polux moves from the table, and heads towards Harmose after his dance with Aleris is finished - "Quite impressive, you will have to teach me some of those moves" - he laughs - "I was wondering... What got the Scorched Hand so upset?"

Since he wasn't there during the conversation :D


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Qari listens to the story from the Daughters with a smile. She wasn't too much for sharing with anyone except her trusted friends for the time being. She made sure she ran off and got everyone fresh drinks when the cups ran empty. If she wasn't going to share much, at least she could help the others to keep their fill of talky juice.

Qari made sure she only drank cool water for the rest of the night.

How are we going to find out about these solo missions? Can I assume Harmose told the party that the Hand was looking for something?

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Solo scene
Ra-Khefer boldly strode through the Asp district, his greathammer displayed prominently as he rested it on his shoulder. Just in case the locals were in the mood for robbing a lone traveller.
He glanced at the doorfronts looking for the armorsmith he had been told was selling the banded armor he intended to upgrade to. 'Menya the Whip' was the unlikely name. Something to prove perhaps? Ra could understand.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Polux: Take 20 is not available for Appraise, sadly. However, you can still tell that the value of the jewelry is trivial, it's only a cheap trinket, silver-colored but unlikely to be real silver, in the shape of a chain that could go around the neck or the wrist.

Qari: The groups have spent enough time in close proximity at the Tooth & Hookah that you can assume you've heard enough to know the basics necessary.

I will get back to the rest of the matters later in the night.


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

Samy:
Would such a silver chain be associated to any local group?

Knowledge (Local)?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Polux will also make a mental note of which door (and where) the burglars were trying to break into.


Inactive

Aleris greatly enjoys the time spent together with her group and the Daughters of the Desert and expresses amazement, anticipation, thrill, shock, and surprise all in turn as Sigrun tells of her journey from the frozen north all the way to Wati. Normally she'd be happy to try and come up with some stories to share with her friends, but during the course of the evening she can't help but notice how reserved the Dog Soldiers seem. After Harmose fills them in on his chat with the group, she looks sad.

"Even if it's what they were bred to do, it's awful that they lost some of their dogs," she says with a glance towards the halflings. Then, she looks thoughtful. "Hum...I wonder how hard it would be to find them some new pups like they mentioned? They might not be the same breed as the other two, but I'm sure any that could be found would be hardy and well-suited to the desert..."


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

"Sounds like some of the other groups have a few problems. Maybe, we help them out and we can gain a few friends. It'd be nice to have other groups we could count on in a pinch," Qari says as her tail twitches.

She approaches the Hand, as the warm buzz from the alcoholic beverages had run its course. She nodded at the group. "Hello there, I'm Qari. I couldn't help but hear that your group was searching for something. I'd be happy to help you look, or at least keep my eyes open, if you'd tell me what you are searching for."


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel eyes the Sand Scorpion group with a mix of curiosity and trepidation.

These show a lack of wisdom which says something higher drives them, whether it be simple greed or something more dangerous. It would be wise to learn more of them...

"Perhaps aiding the Scorpions and Black Kiss with their undead issues would also benefit ourselves as a group. Dealing with the undead will be important to our survival, as it is to them." Turel says rubbing his forehead.


Inactive

"Definitely sounds like a good idea," Aleris nods in agreement with Qari and Turel. "We're all in this lottery together and there's no reason that there has to be any competition or hard feelings between anyone. I'll go talk to Mad Dog and see if there's anything we can do to give him a hand."

Rising from her chair, she heads over to the Dog Soliders' table. "Hi again," she says with a small smile and a wave. "Harmose told us about Rost and Kahl. I'm sorry," she continues, her voice somber, "I know they can't be replaced, but their memories will live on in your hearts." After giving them a moment, she takes a deep breath and continues. "But I also know that you'll need two new pups to help round out your group again. And I'd like to help. Were you looking for Mabari again or is it more a matter of personality? I admit that I don't know a lot about dogs, but maybe if I can't help one of my teammates can."


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Curiosity and a desire for a distraction cause Deseri to follow the persons she is most familiar with, Aleris. Merciful Hathor those dogs smell! Though it could be worse.

Smiling and waving a hand in greeting, I am Deseri. I recently joined with Aleris's group. I rather like this whole trading favors between groups. I did not think everyone would be so nice. Harmose mentioned a sword. If you do not know what is does I am sure Kito could help and I rather enjoyed the market so I am happy to help find a buyer.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Day after the party

Kito looks for Polux at around dinner time. She asks if he could join her at dinner. "I could use advice on acquiring some specialized equipment."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

"Milady Sigrun! Will you honor me with an introductory sitar riff?" Harmose waits for Sigrun's fingers to fly across the strings. Then he stands on a table in the Tooth & Hookah, bows, and prestidigitates glittery confetti into the air. "Hear ye, hear ye!" He proclaims to the crowd. "Milady Sigrun wishes to collect stories, and I mean to oblige her tonight. Let us have a storytelling contest with her as judge! Come! We're all people who've braved the Necropolis and returned to tell the tale! I plan to tell my story tonight. How about all of you? Tell us about your journeys. Tell us about your trials. Tell us about how you came to be stranding amongst us today! I'll buy the winner a drink, one of Farhaan's delicious meals, and proclaim him or her the best storyteller in Wati!"

He flashes the crowd a winning smile and shouts, "Let the revels begin!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6
Kito the Scholar wrote:

Day after the party

Kito looks for Polux at around dinner time. She asks if he could join her at dinner. "I could use advice on acquiring some specialized equipment."

Polux smiles at the dinner invitation, and joins Kito - "What specialized equipment are we talking about Kito? I'm sure I can make some contacts and get you what need" - he adds over a glass of wine.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Tools, really." she says as she removes a small leather-wrapped bundle from her pouch. She pushes it across the table to you. "I had mentioned earlier about my study of puzzles. These are what I've managed to gather on my own."

Looking at the pouch, you recognize it as the one she had drawn a few items from when helping you in the tomb.

Regular thieves tools. She has money now, so it is time to upgrade to masterwork!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

Hehe, perfect Kito :D

Polux smiles widely as Kito puts the tools in front of them - carefully he unwraps them fully, taking a look at each one at a time - "They are still in good shape - maybe we can get a few gold for them. And also these" - he adds, taking a small bundle out of his pack also.

This one is cloth, but the tools therein are quite similar to the ones put forth by Kito, perhaps not so well maintained - "They need replacement also, and I may know exactly of the place where we need to go"

Samy, I am assuming I don't need to roll Knowledge (Local), since we are not looking for any particular set of tools, except for them being Masterwork? :D

"Have these seem much use in your hands?" - Polux adds inquisitively.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kito quickly shakes her head, appearing slightly embarrassed by the question. "No, until the tomb I had only practiced with them in private."

She nervously looks at you. "I didn't want anyone to get the wrong ideas about me. I do so enjoy a good puzzle though!" Somewhat more meekly, she adds "At times, my curiosity does bring me into strange situations."

I always figured that thieves tools were a combination of normal regular tools and a few special 'modified' items. In game, I think this should be just regular shopping.


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

"I'm not sure if simply carrying these around would cause any wrong impressions" - Polux shrugs - "I mean... Take us as an example - we are on 'official' business, no shenanigans, unlawful breaking and entering, or anything of the sort" - he reasons, pointing to the tools - "Yet I would say these and those able to use them, are almost a required asset to get anything done"

Pouring some more wine for Kito and himself, he continues - "Then again, anyone carrying around such... Implements... Is bound to find him, or herself in strange situations" - then chuckles - "I know I have. Bottom line though, don't worry about wrong ideas, not as far as I am concerned, and the rest of the people... Who cares?" - he finishes raising his glass.

---Before---

Qari Falexia wrote:

"Sounds like some of the other groups have a few problems. Maybe, we help them out and we can gain a few friends. It'd be nice to have other groups we could count on in a pinch," Qari says as her tail twitches.

She approaches the Hand, as the warm buzz from the alcoholic beverages had run its course. She nodded at the group. "Hello there, I'm Qari. I couldn't help but hear that your group was searching for something. I'd be happy to help you look, or at least keep my eyes open, if you'd tell me what you are searching for."

Polux notices Qari moving toward the group, but stands his ground, still curious as to whether his note and gift will cause a reaction or not.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kito take a sip from her wine. I'm not certain I agree, but it is nice of him to say.

"Yes, necessary." she agrees. "Still, like an illusion it is best not to attract attention to it."

"I'm glad you know where to find the items. Like many things, my training in this topic has been rather..." She pauses a moment, considering her choice of words. Eclectic? Random? Unconventional? Yes, that will do. "unconventional."

She takes a spoonful of her curry and looks at him.

After swallowing, she smiles and says "Many of the most interesting subjects require looking in unusual places."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

"Think none of it - we'd be hard pressed to find conventional training or experience to use such tools" - he smiles back - "All I can say is I am glad I learned how to - it has made things easier many times, and I am expecting it will continue on doing so" - Polux adds, taking another bite of a mixed spice, egg and dried meat quiche - "I would go so far as saying interesting things are only found in unusual places - I'm not much for praising the common ones, though maybe I should every once in a while"

"And speaking about 'continuing' - what are your plans from here on? Have you thought about it? We explored the tomb, and now..."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kito uses some of the aish baladi bread to soak up the last of the sauce from her stew.

Plans from here? What sort of plans am I supposed to have? Oh dear, I hope he isn't expecting me to lead anything!

"I'm planning to copy the written records we recovered. We have already sold them, but at my request Harmose has gotten permission for me to transcribe and translate them first." She sounds quite pleased about this.

Dabbing at her mouth with a napkin, she adds "Some of those records indicate that Ahkentepi died before all the preparations for his current mistress where complete. That is why a section of the tomb was left unfinished. It also means she survived, so it is possible that there is a modern descendant. Think what it would mean if we could find proof of it!" There is a certain excitement in her voice as she talks of the papers and their historical significance.

Setting her napkin on the table, she adds "I'm hoping that our group will stay together and we will be allowed to explore some of the other sites. Beyond that, I don't believe I have any specific plans."

On second thought, perhaps he is asking in hopes that I had no plans.

Putting her hands in her lap, she looks at him.

"What of you? Do you have any plans which could use my talents?"

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Ra-Khefer, when you visit Menya the Whip's store, you get caught up in the middle of an altercation, when a group of four thugs visit to strongarm the merchant to pay "protection money". You may choose to stand aside and wait for the merchant to handle it himself, or you may try to throw the thugs out. If you choose the latter, you may make three attack rolls, like with the ghouls at the gate, to get a general feeling for how the encounter goes for you.

Polux, you know that there is a local criminal gang called the Silver Chain, and each member carries one of those. It is reasonable to assume that a Silver Chain member was trying to break into the house. You can also do some digging the next day and find out that the house belongs to a local midlevel fairly unimportant bureaucrat that works in taxing the agricultural produce from the fields around.

Sigrun perks up when she overhears Kito talking about Akhentepi dying before the preparations for his mistress were complete. "I would like to hear more about that, if you are willing", the bard calls out to the scholar. "It seems like the root for a truly tragic tale. A man in love, wanting to give his lady the stars from the sky, but stumbling just a few steps from the goal. How must she have felt? Was she left without anything? Perhaps striding the dark streets, nothing left to her name, and only remembering the rich love she used to have? Or did she wrest control of it all, triumphing even while yearning for the most important thing she had lost? Tell me, what do your papers say?"

If Kito will relay what she has found in Akhentepi's papers so far of his romance with his mistress, and promises to convey any future findings as well, that gets you (1/8) Sigrun tales found.

Regarding the question about masterwork thieves' tools, you can buy them without rolling anything.

Edit: I just realized that the Kito dialogue happens somewhere else than the Tooth & Hookah scene. Not sure if anyone else could have shared Akhentepi's tale at the inn scene... Perhaps Kito slipped something about it at the inn scene as well? Up to her.

Polux and Qari, you spend some time with the Scorched Hand and get the idea that the Church of Pharasma is the knot to untie here -- if it can even be done. At least judging by how the Scorched Hand speaks of the situation, the church seems to have a lot of bureaucratic fools who are completely inflexible. Polux, Velriana does not react with anything more than the curtest of nods to your comments about her hat.

When Harmose calls for the storytelling contest, the Cryptfinders and the Daughters of the Desert are eager to participate. The Scorched Hand and the Sand Scorpions choose to abstain. The Dog Soldiers would have had done so as well, but Harmose's fine diplomacy gets one of them (not their leader, Mad Dog, who is deep in his cups) to step up and deliver a a somber and respectful tale about the heroics of their departed war hounds, and their exploits over the past couple of years. How they have many a time saved the Dog Soldiers' lives -- including this last time -- and what kind of games they liked to play. Fetch, of course. Peekaboo was a favorite. Oh, and the foods they liked, liver pâté had been consumed in mass quantities over the years. Farhaan wipes a tear from his eye, and makes sure that towards the end of the evening, the two surviving dogs receive large portions of liver pâté.

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Solo scene
Finding Menya the Whip's storefront, he entered only to find himself in the middle of four thugs demanding 'protection money'.
Going up behind them, he growled "No cuts." Then proceeded to kick them to the curb.
Attack 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Attack 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Attack 3: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Holy crap that is unimpressive...


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Back at the Tooth and Hookah

Samy wrote:
Edit: I just realized that the Kito dialogue happens somewhere else than the Tooth & Hookah scene. Not sure if anyone else could have shared Akhentepi's tale at the inn scene... Perhaps Kito slipped something about it at the inn scene as well? Up to her.

Harmose initially found the papers, and told Kito a summary of their contents from what Tuneya had read. Since then, Kito has done more of the in-depth translating. Could Harmose do the telling here, freeing Kito to look for the sword as ahe desired?

Harmose wrote:
When Harmose calls for the storytelling contest, the Cryptfinders and the Daughters of the Desert are eager to participate. The Scorched Hand and the Sand Scorpions choose to abstain. The Dog Soldiers would have had done so as well, but Harmose's fine diplomacy gets one of them (not their leader, Mad Dog, who is deep in his cups) to step up and deliver a a somber and respectful tale about the heroics of their departed war hounds, and their exploits over the past couple of years. How they have many a time saved the Dog Soldiers' lives -- including this last time -- and what kind of games they liked to play. Fetch, of course. Peekaboo was a favorite. Oh, and the foods they liked, liver pâté had been consumed in mass quantities over the years. Farhaan wipes a tear from his eye, and makes sure that towards the end of the evening, the two surviving dogs receive large portions of liver pâté.

How many tales is that? One per group? More? Less?

_____________________

Harmose pats the dog soldier on the back, and says, "Thank you. I am sorry for your loss, but now the whole room is mourning with you. Thank you for telling their story."

Then Harmose buys Ra-Khefer a drink, and brings him forward. "Sigrun, my friend Ra-Khefer hails from the Pah-Met, the unbreakable dwarves who choose to dedicate themselves serving the Pharoah and guarding the Necropolis. He has a tale that I've been hoping to hear since he first hinted of it. A tale of honor and loss. A tale of one man coming back from the dead out of duty, only to be shunned by those he considered comrades in arms." Turning back to Ra-Khefer, Harmose asks, "My friend, will you honor us with your tale tonight?"


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor
Samy wrote:
Edit: I just realized that the Kito dialogue happens somewhere else than the Tooth & Hookah scene. Not sure if anyone else could have shared Akhentepi's tale at the inn...

No, it happened at the inn when she spoke with the Daughters.

She would still have done a re-direct to Harmose since he is the one who found the papers. That leaves me free to deal with the sword.

"It is Harmose you want to talk to, for he was there when the papers were found." Kito replies, gesturing to Harmose as he dances with Aleris. "I have just begun to organize and translate them. As my part of the story unfolds, I would be happy to share what I find with you."


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Downtime

Shopping:
Polux and Kito buy masterwork thieve's tools. 100 gp. Kito sells her old tools, 30 gp / 2 = 15 gp. Total expense: 85 gp.

Kito immerses herself in the daunting task of copying Ahkentepi's papers and the books.
Linguistics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Linquistics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

3 Influence, cost 15 * 2 = 30 gp.

Kito's funds: 40 gp left over from character creation + 250 gp share - 115 gp = 175 gp.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Dog Soldier's Sword sub-plot

When Deseri finally tells Kito that she is helping the Dog Soldier's sell their sword, she is at first surprised but quickly starts planning.

"We will want to know exactly where they found the sword, so we can determine if there is any historic significance to it. I can identify it tomorrow so that we know the exact properties. Depending on the results of that, we should have a good idea if we want to find a specialized buyer or just someone looking for a magical weapon."

"Oh! One last thing. We probably want one of the Dog Soldier's to accompanying the weapon. That should be enough to discourage any would-be thieves."

Knowledge: History looking at the sword and hearing where they found it: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Appraise, untrained: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Spellcraft, with Identify spell: 10 + 9 + 10 = 29

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Kito: I have not yet actually awarded the downtime days, I just warned you ahead of time so you can plan for when they come. Having said that, I of course won't make you roll again when the time comes, but I will probably forget this post when the time comes for downtime rolls, so make sure to link me back to here when the time comes to resolve downtime activities.

If Kito mentioned the details about Akhentepi when speaking to the Daughters, then that's perfect, and Sigrun's dialogue stands as posted. Little confused about the exact sequence of events, but one way or another Sigrun hears Akhentepi's story from Harmose and/or Kito and your group gets awarded (1/8) Sigrun stories found.

The storytelling contest, unfortunately, does not increment that count at all, as none of the stories told seem to click with Sigrun.

Ra-Khefer helps throw out the protection money thugs from Menya the Whip's armor store, though to be frank, Menya himself does most of the work, as Ra-Khefer alone does not make much headway against the thugs. Regardless of his degree of success, Menya is appreciative of the effort. Does Ra-Khefer trade in his old armor when he's buying the banded armor, and if so, which armor was it?

Aleris and Deseri find out that the Dog Soldiers are mostly after Mabari hounds, although if an exceptional specimen of some other kind turns up, they probably would consider it.

Going to wind down the Tooth & Hookah scene now; if you want to do anything in particular with the other groups before it ends, now's the time to do those actions. After that, you will have the opportunity to do some city scouring and information gathering across the city during the next days.

Kito believes the Dog Soldiers' sword is, mechanically, +1 sword. It does not look old enough to be from the Plague times, and if the Dog Soldiers found it in the Necropolis as they say, then it may be from later date tomb robbers or something of that vein -- it does not look to Kito like it has great historical significance.

The Dog Soldiers will not part with the sword, however. Rather than taking the sword to a buyer you will probably need to take the buyer to the sword.


Inactive

Realizing that the Dog Soldiers are understandably in a subdued mood due to their loss, Aleris doesn't linger at their table once she has a little information to go on. After bidding them good night she beckons Deseri to follow her and makes her way back over to the Daughters' table.

"Well, they'd definitely prefer more Mabari pups though it seemed like they'd entertain other breeds if the reputation is strong enough," she muses aloud to no one in particular. "Tomorrow I'll have to do some checking around the city and see what I can turn up."

Settling into her chair, she turns her attention back to the storytelling. When Harmose asks Ra-Khefer if he will share his tale, she says nothing but gives him an encouraging smile.


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Once Aleris beckons her to move she follows. Pausing when she sees Kito and moving to sit next to her. Will you help identify a blade? The Dog Soldiers are needing help selling it and cannot even identify it.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"If given access to the blade in question, certainly. Would tomorrow morning", she pauses looking at the Dog Soldiers. They are all drinking rather deeply from their cups. Best revise that. "or perhaps tomorrow around noon work?"


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

That should work. Thank you! Pausing for a moment while looking a little sheepish, Would you be willing to go with me to help sell it? The merchants and the stalls were a lot of fun earlier. And very different from what I am used to. Besides we have not had much opportunity to get to know each other.


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Qari informs the group about her discussion with the Scorched Hand. "Do we know anyone in the church of Pharasma? They seem to have quite a disagreement going with hem. Maybe, if we could broker a sit down between the two groups, we could work things out and make everyone a little bit happier."

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

The Tooth & Hookah evening winds down and the other groups start filtering out. Farhaan wipes tables and puts things away. The evening is closing down. You may post any final evening activities, and you may also start posting your plans for the following day.


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel nods at Qari. "I do know a priestess of Pharasma. (Bal Themm) I can certainly ask her why the Church opposes fulfilling the Scotched Hand's wishes and perhaps she can arrange a meeting with those in authority. I cannot say whether their wishes will be fulfilled here...and I daresay I would agree with the Church here. No one has a right to pick and choose what area they get to explore!"

As he notes the party beginning to wind down, he rises to his feet. "I shall meet with Bal Themm on the morrow and give her your request Qari. I cannot promise anything further."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose takes the center of the room after the others tell their stories. He bows to Sigrun and the rest of the audience. “I have two stories to tell tonight. One is a tragic love story, centuries old, found in all places amongst the personal papers in a tomb. The other is a ghost story from a more modern age. Whether it is tragic or not, I leave to all of you to decide.”

Perform Oratory, untrained: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

THE MYSTERY OF THE MISTRESS

Harmose lets his voice go slightly softer as he begins to command the attention of the room. “When the Pharoah in his wisdom authorized the opening of the Necropolis, it was so that we could bring back stories of the people who made their lives here in Wati, so very long ago. Before the time of the madness, there was a military commander named Akhentepi, but this tale is not about him. It’s about the lady who livened his days, the lady to whom he wrote love letter after love letter, the lady for whom he planned a tomb of her very own. Like many tragic figures, this lady is veiled in mystery. We know her passions. We’ve read the poems she sent her lover, filled with clever references, shared dreams and moments of wry wit. What we don’t know is her name, or what befell her later.” Harmose pauses, his gaze falling on the rapt audience. “Let us call our lady of mystery, ‘Amunet’, which means the ‘hidden one.’ For surely, time has hidden her from us...”

He continues on, telling the story of the books bound in gold, and the woman who offered to open herself to her lover like a ‘ripe pomegranate, there to be tasted and savored slowly.’ He tells of the tomb that was planned for her, to be filled with the things that delighted her, and their hopes to be reunited in the afterlife. He brings up the question of fate she suffered after her lover died and madness descended upon all of Wati. “Was Amunet left alone, destitute? Or did she survive and continue on, strong in the time of madness? Perhaps finding new love?” He smiles and nods to Kito, sitting in the audience. “The papers are still being translated, still providing clues. Perhaps one day, we can find out the rest of the story, giving Amunet’s tale the ending it deserves.”

THE GHOST STORY

Accepting the audience’s applause, Harmose gets a vulnerable look on his face. Then he breathes deeply, and looks at Sigrun and his fellow teammates in turn. “It is only fair, hearing your stories, that I share one of my own. My final story is a ghost story and the ghost... Well, it was me.” It’s a story that he’s told often, but tonight Harmose goes into far more detail than he ever did before, telling of his rich parents and their political aspirations. “It was a gilded life, and I was treated as a precious little prince, shown off at wine-tastings and fundraisers, my parent’s pride and joy. Like all politicians who attempt to push for change, my mother made enemies. But mistakes were made, and when the demons who attacked my home came, I and my nanny and a few guards were the only ones home.” Harmose’s hands shake, but his voice remains steady. “I was nine years old; it took hours to die. The things... The things they did...” His voice breaks a moment, and then he takes a deep breath and continues, telling of his parents struggles to bring him back.

He leaves out of the tale a few gruesome details, forbearing to tell of becoming a wight, tearing people apart, consuming their souls. It’s not that he means to be dishonest... It’s just that part of the story is so very dark, so very personal, that he has no idea yet how to tell it.

Instead, he picks up in the land of the dead. “I walked in Pharasma’s boneyard, and met the jackals of Anubis. When my parents pledged me to Horus if the god could bring me back, I remember a falcon, and sunlight, and a voice asking me, ‘Are you even worth saving?’” At this point, the audience is completely with him. Even the Mabari dogs are relatively quiet, catching the mood of the room. Harmose looks at them, his eyes glittering. “I told him that I didn’t know, but that I wanted to be worth saving. That I wanted to be better than I was. That I wanted to make amends. And then I felt myself rising, enveloped in the wings of the falcon, and brought back here. After I came back, these symbols began appearing on my skin.” He raises a sleeve to show the group the hieroglyphs that cover his arms. “I’m here, in Wati, walking once more in the land of the dead. I want to solve a mystery. Who am I? What is my purpose? What can I do to prove to myself and my god that I was worth saving?”

Then he bows, and tells Farhaan, “Remember when I asked for enough alcohol to stagger an elephant? I think that I’d like to get started on it now...”

________________________

LATER, IN THE MARKET

Harmose makes sure that everyone gets their funds, and he begins his day in search of his magical sleeves.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Responding to Deseri

The markets here are different than where she is from? I wonder how.

"Yes, we can start tomorrow. I doubt we will be in the normal markets though. If it was that simple, the Dog Soldiers would have already found a buyer."

Kito lightly taps her fingernails against the table, evidently thinking over what to do.

"We will need a buyer able to afford such an item. Someone who has use for it. It will likely be either a specialized merchant or someone who would want the item for themselves."

I wonder if there are any local politicians who would value an item from the newly opened tombs? They may want it as a show of social status, indicating their support of the excavations. Otherwise, perhaps Terhk knows of someone that has need of a magical weapon. We will want to be smart about how we do this, but those are a few of the possibilities that come immediately to mind.

Knowledge: Local. Society people looking to show support for excavation: 10 + 9 = 19
Knowledge: Local. High end merchants that may handle magical weapons: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

After a moment, she says "I have a few possibilities in mind. We will also want to change our presentation based on who we are talking to."

Kito stands up, preparing to leave. Looking towards Deseri she says "We best get some sleep, so that we will can start in the morning! Perhaps we can find someone who wants it as a show of their support for the project!"

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Yesterday...

Quote:
Does Ra-Khefer trade in his old armor when he's buying the banded armor, and if so, which armor was it?

Yes, Ra trades in his old Ceremonial (or Parade) armor (the armor he was entombed with) as well as his old light wooden shield.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Now...

Ra nervously approached the center of the room. He appeared very self-conscious. He coughed.

”Ah, yes. Here’s my story.
“It didn’t happen to me personally; I got it from a guy I knew when I worked security in Sothis.
“Ahem.”

Perform:Comedy (untrained): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (18) - 2 = 16

How the Giants Disappeared from Osirion
(by Chrisleif)

Now, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again,
I’m not very much of a drinking man.

Because one time I started drinking distillery ambrosia
in a tavern in Erekrose Keep on a Friday night,
and when I awoke on a Tuesday I was hanging in a tree somewhere near Ra-Sothis.
And with my knees shaking and my teeth clattering
I swore I would never do it again.

But, I promised my friend Tallia
that I would watch her secret direlands dew still for her
whilst she went on her honeymoon.

And, it was right up there on the side of a steep mountain
in the western Brazen Peaks range, where the map said it would be,
and let me tell you, lords and ladies, this was no ordinary still.

It sat up there on the mountain gleaming like a golden opal.
The sky’s little lanterns were twinkling on and off in the heavens.
And the moon was shining down on the cool clear evening.

And, I’ll say it again;
I’m not very much of a drinking man...

But, pretty soon....
this feeling come over me....
temptation got the best of me and I took a slash.

And that extra-special, freshly brewed,
glowing direlands dew going down my throat
felt like honeydew vine water and I took another slash.
Then, I took another.... and another, and another
and pretty soon I had drank a whole flask of that dew
and commenced to getting hot flashes.
Goose-pimples all running up and down my body.

A feeling came over me. A feeling like I had never known before.
It was like I was in love.
For the nine hundred and ninety-ninth time.... that day.
With anything that moved.
Animate, inanimate, animal, mineral, vegetable, it didn’t matter.
There was a great sign in the heavens that said, Chris....
Chris Leif the warrior, you bloody fool....
there is a great day coming....
Because I was drunk.

Now, I wasn’t just knee-crawling, privy-hugging, tree-climbing drunk.
No. I was the king’s own drunk and a fearless man.
And that was when I think I first saw the Giant.
(do these things only seem to happen to you when you’re drunk, or what?)

He was a big, tall, Dire Rat-looking sodomite
about thirty-six hands tall at the shoulders
and he came a rambling up from the direction of Qalaba’r
expecting me to do one of two things: either flip or fly.

And, when I didn’t do either one, it hung him up.
Then, he came in a little closer, expecting to smell some fear.
Of course, he wasn’t going to smell any fear
because I was the king’s own drunk and a fearless man....
and a Pah-Met on top of that. It hung him up.

Until he ate my hat just to show me that he was a cold-blooded monster.
And I had just stolen that hat from a fat merchant not half a fortnight before
and I was really put out.
(Thing must have been worth at least twenty crowns....)
But then he could see that my eyes were
a lot redder than his were and it hung him up.

So I said to him, "My lord..."
That very respectful way that you say "my lord"....
Like when you’re in the princess’s bedchambers
and you’re feeling pretty confident because when
you came in you had three bottles of wine,
two of which are now empty,
the last has only got this much left in it,
and it doesn’t look like the flask of direlands dew
you brought just in case will even be necessary.
Two of his Highness’s best guards are out on the balcony
with nasty lumps on the sides of their heads
which should keep them asleep until after the morn.
Her Highness’s clothing is strewn all about the bedchambers
as if a gale had passed through,
and the pillows are down around the foot of the bed....
(Don’t ask; she’s a Tian, isn’t she?)
And the prince, whom you’re sure is going to be in Minkai
for another three full days....
comes through the bloody door.

"My lord! Ah, your Highness, how was your journey?
"Good to see you back early...."
And then he leans a bit on you and you say,
"Please don’t give me to the Captain of the Guard
"because when my wife finds out about this
"you won’t have anything left of me to execute.
"I only came in here because her Highness wanted to use me as a model
"for a doublet she sewing for you,
"and the very next thing I knew
"my teeth were caught on the front of her bodice,
"and I can see that I’m in trouble now..."

So I said to the Giant,
"My lord, I love every hair on your fifty-five acre ugly Giantish back.
"And I know that you’ve got a lot of friends
"over there on the other side of this mountain....
"Frost Giants and Fire Giants and Cloud Giants
"and goblins and werewolves, even two or three trolls in there somewhere.
"And I want you to go back there tonight
"and tell them that I’m feeling right.
"And that I love each and every one of them
"as much as my own brothers and sisters....
"especially your sisters. But, if they give me any trouble tonight....
"as much as I’ll hate to do it,
"I’ll have to run each and every Asmodeus damned one of them
"right into the sea."

Well, that’s what I told him.

He took a step back and didn’t know what to say.

Neither did I.

But, being charitable and drunk, I approached him a second time and said,
"You know, in the eyes of Pharasma,
"we are both the same kind of beast when you get right down to it....
"You more of a beast than me. So, I want you to be my brother.... Brother Giant."
And I led him over to the still by his cudgel shaped hand
and he started sniffing around it because he smelled something good.

Not surprising, Tallia’s still was the best in Osirion.
Then, before I knew it, he had tipped one of those big flasks of direlands dew upright
and drank it right down.
And let me tell you now,
there is nothing more frightening in this world or any other
than the sight of a nine foot tall Hill Giant in leather underwear
drinking an entire flask of direlands dew in one shot....

Then, he drank another.... and another, and another,
until pretty soon he had drunk eight whole
flasks of that dew and commenced to doing the direlands dew dance.

Now the direlands dew dance is quite simple.
You have to turn to the left, kick with the right,
turn to the right, kick to the left,
spin all the way round, slip, fall down, snort, twist, grunt,
break your nose.

It was so simple, like the Shoanti shuffle, that it completely evaded me.
And after about an hour of this nonsense
we had worked ourselves up into a tumultuous uproar,
after which I laid myself down for some tremulous dreams.
(I think Red Monika was in one of them...
a very tight bodice over great big breasts.)

And when I woke up. (I didn’t want to wake up....
I was.... trapped in a remote convent.)

When I woke up.... the sky’s little lanterns
were still twinkling on and off in the heavens.
And the moon was shining down on the cool clear evening.
I looked around, and.... no one to be found.
It seemed that my brother the Giant was missing.
And, you know what else, my lords and ladies?

So was the still.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Chatting with Kito

Smiling broadly, Thank you. I probably should have stayed out of it but the only way to learn is to do.
Another option is the Church or travelers as a souvenir.

[occ]Listening to the stories[/ooc]

Deseri applauds Ra-Khefer tale and Harmose's first tale. But when Harmose begins his personal tale she falls silent and maintains her silence when he is done. That sounds horrifying!

Seeing that he intends to begin his drinking Deseri rises to join him, feeling the need for the glorious numbness of the drink. Moving to sit back with Harmose after getting what will be the first of many drinks she makes sure to catch his eyes, Thank you for sharing that. While I am certain it was a very difficult thing to go though you wear your trials well. And the world is certainly more entertaining with you in it.

Pausing to look down, Would you like some company in your drinking? If not I can move else were


3 people marked this as a favorite.
HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

---Still at the Tooth & Hookah---

Polux stands mouth agape as Harmose recounts his tale - "Are you well?" - are his only words when he returns to the table.

At his dwarf companion's recount, he smiles widely, congratulating his companion - "Amazing tale Master Khefer. There is much more to you than meets the eye, and your next ale is on me"

---The Scorched Hand---

He nods at Qari, and listens to Turel - "I think it would only be fair to offer assistance, in exchange for further information? They tell us why it is so important to chose what areas they explore, because in fact it puts them ahead of the rest of us, and we decide to offer assistance or not" - he winks - "Simple no?"

---Back with Kito---

"I haven't voiced my opinion on the matter yet, but I must admit I am curious about those records - it is a curious idea indeed that her descendant might be walking around completely oblivious to the fact, and I wonder what changes, if any, that knowledge would bring to his or her life" - Polux muses aloud.

At the reference regarding his own plans, he reclines back the chair, glass in hand - "I share your hopes that the group will remain together - I admit you are all starting to grow on me" - he smiles, raising his glass to Kito - "In the immediate I will put my alchemical knowledge to work, and see if I can find us an edge on our next venture, whatever it may be, by synthesizing some ingredients that may prove useful"

Producing a nondescript silver chain from his pocket, he puts it on the table - "Also, and this is just my curiosity taking the best of me, just the other day I saw two thugs trying to break into a house - they were noticed by the guard and fled, but one of them dropped this" - he absent mindedly toys around with the chain - "I've traced it back to a local criminal gang with the unimaginative name of Silver Chain' - I am going to try and make contact with them, using the justification of returning this here chain, but I am curious as to why they might have been interested in that particular homestead, or maybe it was just a coincidence"

Taking a long drink, he follows up - "As for long term plans, I am particularly interested in knowing more about the lineage of pharaohs, their descendants, and what may have become of them" - Polux chuckles - "Believe it or not, an old tale from a crazed family member in my family long ago, placed my blood along that lineage somewhere. I mean... How far fetched is that?" - by now he is laughing out loud - "So I guess your talents are already assisting me you see?"

---The Silver Chain---

In between his alchemist work, and spending some time with his companions, Polux will spend some time around Wati, trying to garner more information about the Silver Chain gang - trying to make subtle contact with them, using returning the silver chain as an excuse. On top of it, he tries to extricate if there would be a particular reason why the Silver Chain would want to strong arm anyone related to agricultural taxes.

Knowledge (Local?): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire
Polux wrote:


---The Scorched Hand---

He nods at Qari, and listens to Turel - "I think it would only be fair to offer assistance, in exchange for further information? They tell us why it is so important to chose what areas they explore, because in fact it puts them ahead of the rest of us, and we decide to offer assistance or not" - he winks - "Simple no?"

"That sounds fair to me. No reason to really stick our neck out, but if we could be peace brokers, then so much the better. It be nice to make friends out of another group..."


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

With Sigrun

"So you've heard the stories, and it's time to make a decision. Who do I purchase a drink for tonight? Also... Can you tell me more about the kind of stories you're looking for? If I know more about what you're seeking, I'll be better able to find it."

With Polux and Deseri

The drink still trembling in his hand, Harmose looks up at Deseri's and Polux's concerned faces. "I'm alright, or I'm going to be..." He pauses. "My mother hates when I tell that story, or call myself a living ghost. But when something like that happens to you, it becomes a part of you. Best to acknowledge that the darkness is there, and learn from it, then to cover it up and pretend that it never happened."

A tiny bit of the drink spills, but Harmose waves his hands and the spill disappears. "I would love the company, if you two are offering to drink with me. Maybe I can learn more about you both. And we don't have to do scary stories any more if neither of you wants to do so..." Then he looks up at Polux, his inhibitions already loosening. "I've been meaning to ask you... Are those feathers in your hair? Only just noticed. Most of the time I'm staring at your..."

Harmose catches himself, then stares at the drink in his hand. "Right. It's going to be one of those nights, isn't it?"


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Deseri grins at Harmose's almost too honest words. Sipping her drink,That is something else I did not... Did he say feathers? Quickly swiveling her head to stare at Polux. Her hand raises as if to pull at his mask and she stops her self. Wide hopeful eyes and her hand slowly lowering back down, Do you really heave feathers in your hair? Can we see them?


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

"There's a wisp sticking out. See?" Harmose notes helpfully, pointing at the wayward feathery strand that slipped out from the under Polux's headscarf. He touches it, then gently tucks it back in, leaning a bit on Polux as he does so. "It's pretty, Polux. Never seen a man with feathers in his hair before."

Then Harmose turns back to Deseri, and notices she's leaning forward. He stares at the bosom a second too long before raising his gaze to her face again. "You're a little unusual, too. Golden eyes. Um, and other things..." He looks down at his drink. "Very striking, both of you. Have I told you that before? No, don't think I have. Why haven't I told you? I talk sooooo much, but not always about what I think. Sometimes, I just want to shout what I think. How 'bout you?"


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

--- Dinner with Polux ---

Polux wrote:

[ooc]---Back with Kito---

"I haven't voiced my opinion on the matter yet, but I must admit I am curious about those records - it is a curious idea indeed that her descendant might be walking around completely oblivious to the fact, and I wonder what changes, if any, that knowledge would bring to his or her life" - Polux muses aloud.

"At the very least, they would know more of their family and bloodline. Wouldn't that be a good thing?" she says, hopefully. Bloodlines like this often can carry magic with them.

Polux wrote:
"I've traced it back to a local criminal gang with the unimaginative name of Silver Chain' - I am going to try and make contact with them, using the justification of returning this here chain, but I am curious as to why they might have been interested in that particular homestead, or maybe it was just a coincidence"

Knowledge: Local, Silver Chain: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Kito gets a perplexed look on her face. "What is to be gained by making contact with them?"

Polux wrote:
Polux chuckles - "Believe it or not, an old tale from a crazed family member in my family long ago, placed my blood along that lineage somewhere. I mean... How far fetched is that?" - by now he is laughing out loud - "So I guess your talents are already assisting me you see?"

Oh! I had no idea this was personal for him. I hope he doesn't consider me foolish for what I just said about bloodlines!

Kito gets an inquisitive look on her face, examining you a bit more. "Bloodlines like that often carry power. Far fetched or not, finding out could be valuable."

She pauses a moment, then adds "I intend to try and track down some of the clues from those papers we found. Should I find anything relating to your own lineage, do you want to know?"


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Letting her hand fall back down as she watches Harmose fix Poluxs hair feather thing, Now I really want to know what is under there! Need to talk to Aleris about that. Could be fun, great way to bond with a group.

Raising an eyebrow at the mention of other things from Harmose. You are rather striking yourself. And I always got in trouble for shouting what I thought, though sometimes it was worth it.


Inactive

Storytime at the Tooth & Hookah

In spite of her weariness, Aleris finds herself enthralled by the various tales that continue to be told around the table. When Ra-Khefer begins to speak, the result is certainly not what the sylph had been expecting - a humorous tale, one that left her in stitches, especially the bit about the direlands dew dance. As he leaves the stage, she gives him a big grin. "Hee, that was a wonderful story! I'll have to remember that one; my friend Nella would get a kick out of it."

When Harmose takes the stage, her expression shifts to one of curiosity. What sort of story did he have to share?

As he spins the tale of Akhentepi's mistress, Aleris can't help but consider what the woman's life might have been like. She'd come into her lover's life after the loss of his wife and son; had she made peace with that part of his past? Or did she, every once in awhile, roam the halls of her home at night, the uncertainty of her position in his heart weighing on her like a millstone around her neck? Did she hope for children of her own, one day? And the lingering question, what happened to her after Akhentepi passed on to the Boneyard? She liked to think that 'Amunet' had indeed found a new love in time and lived a happy life, but who was to say? Then again, she wasn't sure if she actually wanted to know. Somehow, it seemed more fitting for the conclusion of her story to be left a mystery.

The story finished, Aleris had expected Harmose to rejoin them at the table. Instead, she looks surprised as he remains on stage and begins a new story...one that she's heard, what...maybe three times now? But each telling was more layered than the last, more detailed. And although the tale doesn't get any less horrific, she does feel a strange sense of...pride? as he shares his most personal tale with stranger and friend alike. As the tale concludes and he leaves the stage, she catches the call for alcohol and frowns, looking concerned.

Not a good idea, but I can't really blame him. He doesn't need to get plastered on an empty stomach though...but if I leave the table now what will he think?

Fortunately, her conundrum appears to be addressed when both Polux and Deseri approach the sorcerer and offer to keep him company.

Perfect! They can keep an eye on him while I'm gone!

Rising from the table, she waves to catch Harmose's attention. She mouths, "I'll be right back, okay? Promise!" and points towards the bar before giving him a sympathetic smile. Once she's sure that he's seen and acknowledged her intention, she hurries off to track down something suitable to pair with the alcohol.

More to come, splitting into two posts to avoid Wall-o-Text!


Inactive

Candid Moments

Making her way to the bar, Aleris catches Farhaan's attention and points towards Harmose. "He seems intent on the 'alcohol to kill an elephant' but I'd really rather he not actually die. Do you have anything to pair with all of that? Maybe something like miso soup? Oh, and a pitcher of water too if you don't mind!"

Once she has the soup and water in hand, she turns and weaves her way through the crowd back to the table Harmose, Deseri, and Polux have settled at. "I'm so sorry, that took longer than I thought! Farhaan had to reheat the soup and that took a few minutes," she begins, then stops as she sees Harmose...fixing Polux's hair?

"Okay, I've been gone what, maybe ten minutes and you're already playing hairdresser?" she jokes as she takes a seat. "Here, soup and water; they'll keep you hydrated and the soup will be easy on your stomach. I won't cut you off, but I'd also rather none of us have to pick you up off the floor later either." Though there's concern in her voice, her tone is also teasing.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

After taking a rather large drink Deseri smiles at Aleris. You like to take care of people don't you?

Leaning in near Aleris's ear, Pulox has feathers under his wrappings! Leaning back to finish her drink and signal for another. With her new drink and distracted by watching the retreating form of the wonderful person whom brought her a new drink Deseri seems lost in thought. Thought that seems to revolve around the retreating bum.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Inactive

"I hadn't really thought about it, but I guess I do," Aleris admits. "Sometimes I wonder if I'd have been better suited as a priestess than a warrior, but there's something learning to wield a weapon, even a bow...well, it's like a dance of its own."

As she takes a sip of water, she chokes a bit when Deseri leans over and whispers something about Polux having feathers. Wiping the water away from her face, she asks, "Wait, really?" Then she flushes slightly. "Er, sorry, not meaning to be rude..."

1,351 to 1,400 of 5,004 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.