Mummy's Mask

Game Master Samy

GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Campaign --- Day 26 --- Google Drive Folder --- Experience --- Treasure --- Relationships --- Maps (Empty Graves)
Panic Level: 13

Party Inits:
[dice=Initiative Aleris]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Deseri]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Harmose]1d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Kito]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Polux]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Qari]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Ra-Khefer]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Turel]1d20+2[/dice]

[dice=Perception Aleris]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Deseri]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Perception Harmose]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Kito]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Perception Polux]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Perception Qari]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Perception Ra-Khefer]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Perception Turel]1d20+9[/dice]


1,501 to 1,550 of 5,004 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>

Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose stares at his hand in shock.

"එය දැන් ගිහින්?"

Auran:
"What did I do?"

Then Harmose realizes what he's doing, and shakes himself. "Sorry... I don't know what happened there. With my speech. But the haunt is gone for now. It'll come back unless we sanctify the gate with holy water and either disable the gate or repair the metal work. Do we have holy water on us? If not, we'll bring it back with us when we return back here."

Pulling out his notebook to calm himself, he notes the work that will have to be done later. Order. Diligence. Stay on task, Harmose.

He looks around at the group, straightening his spine. "Shall we go on? Is everyone else alright?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

"I didn't even notice what was happening. I think I'm rusty," Qari says with a grin. "I have to get back in exploration mode. Don't mind me, I'll get there!"

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

When you are ready to move on, there are three obvious options:

North will take you inside the house.

West will take you to the western courtyard.

East will take you to the eastern courtyard.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

"Shall we continue exploring the eastern courtyard?"

Then Harmose notices both Aleris and Turel staring at him. "What?"


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel stares at Harmose for a few seconds longer and then lets out a breath he belatedly realized he was holding. Relaxing the grip on his spear, he first glances at Aleris before returning to gaze to his brother.

Aleris is as confused as I...At first I believed Harmose was seeking some intimacy with her...yet now I am unsure...what DID happen to him?

"You seem to be...not the man I knew before..." He says slowly before the rest of Harmoses' words enter his mind.

He is right....The haunt will return and only the Gods know when...

He straightens up and returns to a ready stance with Polux beside him. "We should discuss this later. Our time is limited. Can you say the eastern gate is free of the Haunt's influence?"


Inactive

"Well...to answer your question, you channeled positive energy," Aleris replies, gazing at Harmose almost as though seeing him in a new light. "Like a member of the clergy would do."

You said you'd been granted new magic. You didn't mention that it was healing magic... she thinks reproachfully. No, that's not fair, he looked pretty confused just now. But how in the world do you have magic burned into your brain and not know what it is or what it does?

She glances at Turel, whose expression mirrored what she imagined her own to be. The others seemed largely unconcerned, which was natural; they'd not spent as much time with Harmose as Turel and herself had, so of course they didn't realize that this sort of thing hadn't happened before.

Turel is right, this really isn't the best time...but...

"Yes, let's keep moving," she finally says. "But maybe walking and talking might be a good idea?"


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

"Let me scout ahead" - Polux nods at Turel, and the others, seemingly impervious to all the changes that occurred in the group, and particularly Harmose during the past day - "I'll be right back"

Moving forward to scout the Eastern gate and courtyard.

With that, he moves toward the gate, checking it carefully, as well as the area beyond.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 <-> 20 vs. traps
Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Disable Device if needed to open the gate, or disable a trap:

DD: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

Once the area is checked, he will return to inform the others.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose nods to Polux. "Kito, can you put a message spell on him?" If his ability to speak Taldan is in fact unreliable, it would be best that someone else cast that spell.

"Not the man you knew before?" Harmose looks up at his friend and blinks. There was a slight sting to Turel's words, before Harmose pauses and reassesses. Was he the same man as before? He did not truly know.

"Brother, you should know... I may not be exactly the same man. Last night, Deseri was being so good, so selfless, I wondered if I had ever done anything half so worthy. I had a crisis. I prayed to Horus for guidance... offered myself to him and... I flew up with him as he changed me. I feel reborn, like I'm learning myself all over again. Forgive me for not speaking of it last night, or this morning, but..."

He stops in frustration and says, "සැමවිටම සමීප මිතුරන් වී ඇති බව යන වචන නැවත වරක් කතා කරන ආකාරය මට බල කරමින්, මා අත්හැර ඇත! "

Auran:

"The words that have always been close companions had deserted me, forcing me to learn how to speak all over again."


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

With the immediate danger resolved, Kito lets go of the breath she hadn't realized she was holding.

As the others are talking, Kito takes a long look at Harmose. At his request, she casts her message spell on Polux and includes Turel as well.

As Polux moves to scout, she asks "Harmose, when did your tattoos change so much?"


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

"Last night, about ten minutes after I left the table with all of you." Harmose raises the sleeves on his robe. "These spells did not come from the magic in my blood, but from the will of my god. I can read them now, though! At least, the ones that I can see..."


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

The will of his god? This sounds complicated.

"Mmm hmmm. Anything we need to know about?"


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Eyes widening and her cheeks darkening when Harmose talks about her plans. Deseri shifts on her feet and stays staring at the ground. I wish he wouldn't say things like that.

Looking back at the apparently changed Harmose when he finishes loosely describing his magics sources. Cocking her head to the side and staring at him, embarrassment momentarily forgotten, How can you have both?

Scarab Sages

2 people marked this as a favorite.
M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Ra cast a worried glance at Harmose, but decided that he was not really any stranger now than when they had met in the first place.
Leaving the others to their conversation, Ra moved to keep Polux in sight as he scouted through the eastern gate.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

At Deseri's words, something releases in Harmose and he laughs, hysterically. "I'm sorry. This is all so new. But I've swung both ways in my interests all my life. Why shouldn't my magic be the same way?"


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Grinning at his mirth and relaxing her stance as that little knot of guilt loosens. Well that just isn't fair. I have always wanted a little of everything and all I have is confusing magic from one place.


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Nodding in satisfaction that the matter has been resolved (for the moment anyway), Turel turns his attention to the east gate as he moves along side Polux. While he watches the golden-eyed man thoroughly check the gate for any surprises Turel stands silent as he almost hears the stone itself 'talking' to him.

It is as if I can feel any breaks in the stone itself...it seems as if Harmose is not the only one affected by strange magic...

Trap Intuition in play here.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

"Let's move on and back up Polux, Ra and Turel. Kito, I promise to let you know more about my condition just as soon as I figure it out. Deseri... We can be teammates in confusion, learning together. Does that sound reasonable? Onwards!"


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Ginning at Harmose, Confusion is rarely reasonable but we can try. Moving to follow the others.

Also Onward!


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

Glorion just OWNS :D


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

While the others were talking about new abilities, Qari grinned sheepishly. "Perhaps the gods are smiling on all of us. I've found myself capable of a couple of new tricks as well. Observe," she says, as she turns and uses her cold ray to strike the ground behind them. Instantaneously, the ground covers with an icy sheen, clearly resulting in a falling hazard. Within a few seconds, the sheen melted away, and the ground was normal yet again.

Acts as a Grease spell for one round!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Inactive

"I knew walking and talking would be a good idea," Aleris pipes up as the surprise and confusion over Harmose's newfound powers seems to be sufficiently abated for the moment. "And you too Qari?" she gasps as the tiefling shows off a new maneuver with her icy blast. "See Harmose, I was right - this place is already granting enlightenment to us all and all we've done is set foot on the grounds," she grins as she follows the others.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kito looks towards Polux, awaiting word or a signal that the group should approach.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Polux goes through the eastern gate to the eastern courtyard, scouting it.

***
A spacious yard fills the compound east of the house. To the east, several small stone outbuildings have been built right into the compound’s outer wall. A well stands between two of these outbuildings, opposite a stone table and benches that sit in the shadow of the house. To the west, two sets of steps, both flanked by columns, lead up to doors into the main house. To the northwest, an open doorway leads into an extension of the house, next to a small structure with a domed roof.
***

A dark brown snake lies coiled up in the shade of the stone table in the west of the yard. It does not move.

Knowledge (nature) DC 7:
It is an asp, hiding from direct sun.

Knowledge (nature) trained DC 12:
It will probably leave you alone if you stay at least 10' away.


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel cautiously moves into the courtyard behind Polux, alert for any danger.

Knowledge (nature), Untrained: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12

He motions Polux over whispering softly, "An asp. Quite dangerous...I would not get too close."

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Ra also stepped through the doors into the East, but just far enough to keep an eye on Polux. He'll stay there until called forward.


Inactive

Aleris keeps to her place in formation behind Harmose and Ra-Khefer, well aware that these are the situations where sticking to the plan is the best thing to do. That doesn't stop her from trying to peek over their shoulders (and Ra-Khefer's helm) to see what's happening up ahead, however.


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

Knowledge (Nature) untrained: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Polux nods to Turel, informing Kito via the Message spell - "I am going to scout those structures over there. I am assuming the asp has not seen me yet" - he informs the monk, pointing to the stone outbuildings, the table and the benches, and moves off.

Stealth keeping to the East: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Quietly waiting in her allotted spot Deseri let she mind wonder.I wonder if the asp tastes like other snakes or if I has a bit more of a bite to it. Hehe, that wasn't funny. I should have slept more but nooo I had to be responsible and mature. Sleep is for the young and free. I want sleep. I wonder if the others would be willing to partake in group napping?

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

When passing the southernmost stone outbuilding, Polux sees into it.

***
This small, one-room structure is devoid of features, save the ruined remains of furniture that have all but disintegrated with the passage
of time.
***

Inside, Polux sees a large quadruped, about 7 feet long and 4 feet tall at the shoulder. It looks like a black-furred dog or a wolf, but it has two heads. Further, he spots tiny worms crawling around either on or *in* its hide. The creature is pacing around in an anxious manner.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

The creature has not noticed Polux, but Polux has noticed it. He has a surprise round if he wishes to take it, but he may also retreat back to the group if he prefers.

Knowledge (arcana) trained DC 12:
The creature is called a death dog, and its bite carries disease.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

Yep, let's not push the scout's luck too far :D

And damn! I need to start spreading my skill points into all possible Knowledges. That and using the Inspiration for free would have gotten me two possible successes by now :P

Polux doubles back the way he came, and informs his companions of what he has seen - "The dog, or wolf, or whatever it is, not only has two heads but probably carries some sort of sickness - it was crawling with vermin. Worms actually" - he details.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Other party members may also attempt the Arcana roll based on what information Polux can give of the creature.


Inactive

Kn. Arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

"A sickly two-headed dog?" Aleris replies, looking both surprised and disgusted by Polux's description of the creature. "It might be...well, it sounds an awful lot like a death dog. From what I remember, their bite...bites...carry disease." Her expression is solemn. "We'll probably have to put it down, for our own safety if nothing else. Maybe we can lure it out and take it down with arrows and magic?"

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Aleris:
You know that death dogs carry a disease called Wormpox. Death dogs are nocturnal pack hunters. They are said to be the risen corpses of dogs or hyenas animated by monster-worshiping cultists, but you know that they are actually living beings infected with symbiotic worms. You know that they are sometimes tamed by goblinoids, and sometimes understand, though can't speak, Goblin.


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

"Could we pin the dog in and pick it off safely from range? If it is all diseased, I certainly don't want to see it chewing on any of us..."


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

"Unfortunately, I have few options to attack such a beast at range. I will certainly do my very best to prevent the beast from reaching you , whilst you pick it off." Turel responds.


Inactive

"Seems like the best plan..." Aleris sighs, realizing that there's little other way to draw the thing's attention without it zeroing in on Kito or Deseri or Harmose. "Unless anyone here knows the Goblin language and can draw it out that way? These things are living beasts and pack hunters, so sometimes goblins and their kin will tame them for their own uses. Supposedly they can't speak Goblin but they might understand it."

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

"All that for vermin?" Said Ra skeptically.
He shook his greathammer for emphasis.
"We charge him head on with a blitz! Anyone too lightly armored for head on, circle around behind and stab it in the back while we hold it's attention!
"THAT is how vermin is dealt with in the Unbreakable Legion!"

He paused, perhaps realizing he overstepped.
"And... it will serve us here as well." He said, lowering his hammer and eyes.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Harmose nods at Aleris's conclusions. "I can cast Sanctuary on myself, get into position, and then color spray the beast. Qari and Aleris can also attack it from range. Let's do this."


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel turns to face the oread, a determined look on his face. "Yes, and while you charge in the death dog evades your charge and proceeds to tear the lightly armored among us apart. Plus we know not if it has packmates, or even if it serves another." He straightens up and points to the shed where the death dog lurks. "I say we lure it in the open...or perhaps we could draw it into conflict with the asp."


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Goblin? I never had reason to learn that language. They tend to steal rather than trade and many people consider them nothing but vermin."

Knowledge: Arcane: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

"Before rushing into battle with the dog, perhaps people will accept a little blessing? I do like the idea of drawing it into the open!"

Kito first casts Mage Armor on herself and then Guidance on Ra-Khefer, Turel, and Polux.

"I'm ready!"


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

"Remember there is also an asp across the yard, and on the stairway - not sure how it will react to all the commotion" - Polux points out - "Otherwise, I will be following right on master Khefer's heels"


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

So are we drawing it out? And can we chase off the asp first? Shifting her gaze back to the serpent. I would rather no one get bitten while they are focused on the Death Dog.


Inactive

"Well...if we don't want to kill the asp, maybe Harmose or Kito have some sort of magic that could give it a nudge and see if it will move?" Aleris suggests, looking at her two companions for confirmation. "If magic can make my mouth minty fresh then surely it can give a snake a little prod, right?"

"Then, if it moves this way we can hopefully just stand clear and let it pass on by. If it moves further into the courtyard, maybe it will get the death dog's attention," she shrugs. "Either way though, I think trying to draw the dog out is the best idea. I can't speak for Deseri or Harmose but I'm not powerful enough to call on disease-cleansing magic."


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

I am perfectly fine with no one touching the death dog.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

"So... You're suggesting that I need to move my asp here?" Harmose can barely keep a straight face. "I'm just checking that is actually the plan."

Harmose grabs a scarf with mage hand, and starts flying it invitingly towards the snake, trying to get its attention. The scarf darts back and forth like a living thing, pulling forward, then back, to try to get the snake to move. "Just in case we get a repeat of what happened last time with me and my words, someone else better take over as battle field coordinator, unless Aleris and Kito want to relay everything for me?"


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"I believe he just asked me to misconstrue his words?' Kito says, looking towards Aleris. I wonder if anyone will believe I was serious about that? Unlikely, but amusing in any case.

Thinking a moment, she then asks "Does the asp want to stay out of the light?"


Inactive

"I can help translate if it comes to that," Aleris responds as she draws her bow. "In fact, it might be a good idea to practice it now in case it's something that ends up happening a lot." When Kito speaks, the sylph gives her a confused look. "Misconstru...ohhhhh, I get it," she grins as Kito's implication becomes clear. "Yes, I think he just did," she continues with a wink. Then, the rather expectant faces of the rest of the group remind her that they've got work to do.

"While Harmose plays with the snake, I'll see if I can get in a good shot. Hopefully just one will do the trick. If not...well, it might retreat but the noise will almost definitely get the attention of the death dog. Be ready, okay?"

Once Harmose starts his scarf trick, Aleris will carefully step into the courtyard just far enough to get a clear LoS to the snake and then fire at it unless someone else insists on a different course of action.

If Shooting:

Attack (MW Longbow): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Normally it might be a pretty good shot, but with the glare of the sun and the unease about the proximity of the death dog it's not nearly as good as it could have been.

If Not Shooting:

"Well...does anyone else have any grand ideas? I'm all for caution but we also can't stand around out here in the sun all day to plot, either."


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

Polux stands ready to target any opponent coming at them - "It will be a miracle if the dog does not hear us" - he chuckles.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Harmose's attempts to shoo the asp turn sour. The snake turns hostile, and heads south in your direction, at which point Aleris fires at it, but misses just barely, the arrow clattering into the stone table that the asp has left behind. The sound makes the death dog peek out of the stone building, and it is hostile as well.

Combat begins.

Asp initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Death dog initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

On their initiative, both the asp and the death dog will approach and attack when they are close enough. The below is written with the assumption that none of those who beat the enemies' initiative move northwards -- I will adjust slightly if you do.

Asp double moves to get into 5' of Turel and Ra-Khefer. Death dog single moves to get into 5' of Turel and Ra-Khefer, and then makes a single attack against Ra-Khefer.

Death dog bite vs Ra-Khefer: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

You may roll your initiatives and post your actions for Round 1.

1,501 to 1,550 of 5,004 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.