Mummy's Mask

Game Master Samy

GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Campaign --- Day 26 --- Google Drive Folder --- Experience --- Treasure --- Relationships --- Maps (Empty Graves)
Panic Level: 13

Party Inits:
[dice=Initiative Aleris]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Deseri]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Harmose]1d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Kito]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Polux]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Qari]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Ra-Khefer]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Turel]1d20+2[/dice]

[dice=Perception Aleris]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Deseri]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Perception Harmose]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Kito]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Perception Polux]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Perception Qari]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Perception Ra-Khefer]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Perception Turel]1d20+9[/dice]


1,401 to 1,450 of 5,004 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>

Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

After conferring with the Sand Scorpions briefly about their concerns Turel offers them some possible techniques that could be used against certain of the undead, namely the weaker kinds.

Once he has talked with Qari he returns to his table and listens to the stories presented by both Ra-Khefer (which produced a rare chuckle from him) and Harmose (which brought a more serious look on his face.

Clearly the past weighs heavily upon his soul. A pity that is not something that can be buried as easily as the buildings of the Necropolis. I should offer...something here, if nothing more than help to return to his bed this evening...

As Aleris moves to bring Harmose some food, he smiles softly to himself.

I think Aleris may be better suited for that role... The thought left a pang in his heart but yet also oddly comforts him.

Seeing the hour already late, he bade good night to his fellow comrades and retired up to his room where he laid down on his bed, thoughts of dancing giants running through his mind before sleep claimed him.


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6
Harmose Al-Nefer wrote:

With SigrunWith Polux and Deseri

A tiny bit of the drink spills, but Harmose waves his hands and the spill disappears. "I would love the company, if you two are offering to drink with me. Maybe I can learn more about you both. And we don't have to do scary stories any more if neither of you wants to do so..." Then he looks up at Polux, his inhibitions already loosening. "I've been meaning to ask you... Are those feathers in your hair? Only just noticed. Most of the time I'm staring at your..."

"They are" - Polux nods seriously - "They were a gift, and there are three of them - something about the Gods weighing the hearts of the newly dead in the underworld against the weight of a feather, to determine the worthiness of his or her soul" - he chuckles - "In any case they were given me as a token of protection and good luck"

Harmose Al-Nefer wrote:
Harmose catches himself, then stares at the drink in his hand. "Right. It's going to be one of those nights, isn't it?"

With a raucous laughter, he raises his glass - "I guess it already is!"

Deseri wrote:
Deseri grins at Harmose's almost too honest words. Sipping her drink,That is something else I did not... Did he say feathers? Quickly swiveling her head to stare at Polux. Her hand raises as if to pull at his mask and she stops her self. Wide hopeful eyes and her hand slowly lowering back down, Do you really heave feathers in your hair? Can we see them?

As Deseri's hand reaches for his cowl, his hand snaps to grab it, and Polux stares intently at Deseri, his smile gone. As she lowers her hand, his grip softens - "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to..." - he apologizes, his unusual eyes locked on hers.

"Of course" - he breaks the tension with a smile, first examining Deseri's hands for any marks, and then pulling back his cowl. His hair is much longer than one would expect, brown with flecks of gold, carefully cropped and tied at the back of his head by a leather band from which three feathers hang - a larger and two smaller ones - "There they are" - he turns his head around for his companions to take a look.

Harmose Al-Nefer wrote:

"There's a wisp sticking out. See?" Harmose notes helpfully, pointing at the wayward feathery strand that slipped out from the under Polux's headscarf. He touches it, then gently tucks it back in, leaning a bit on Polux as he does so. "It's pretty, Polux. Never seen a man with feathers in his hair before."

Then Harmose turns back to Deseri, and notices she's leaning forward. He stares at the bosom a second too long before raising his gaze to her face again. "You're a little unusual, too. Golden eyes. Um, and other things..." He looks down at his drink. "Very striking, both of you. Have I told you that before? No, don't think I have. Why haven't I told you? I talk sooooo much, but not always about what I think. Sometimes, I just want to shout what I think. How 'bout you?"

Polux's eyes inadvertently follow where Harmose is looking, and inevitably fall on Deseri's bosom, something he has trying to avoid since day one - he stares just a second too long, then looks at Deseri and back at Harmose - "Coming from the best looking man I have ever come across in my life, that is quite a compliment" - he laughs, and again raises his glass - "I'll toast to that, and echo your opinion regarding Deseri - girl, you are breathtaking"

After downing another glass, he pushes on - "As for always speaking one's mind, I mean... No one does that, not all the time. I think it is a way to remain safe, less vulnerable. And a solid choice to be honest"

Deseri wrote:

Letting her hand fall back down as she watches Harmose fix Poluxs hair feather thing, Now I really want to know what is under there! Need to talk to Aleris about that. Could be fun, great way to bond with a group.

Raising an eyebrow at the mention of other things from Harmose. You are rather striking yourself. And I always got in trouble for shouting what I thought, though sometimes it was worth it.

"That too" - Polux nods - "Sometimes you just gotta put it out there, and let things take their course. Risk it, live a little" - he is still smiling.

Aleris Somciel wrote:
As she takes a sip of water, she chokes a bit when Deseri leans over and whispers something about Polux having feathers. Wiping the water away from her face, she asks, "Wait, really?" Then she flushes slightly. "Er, sorry, not meaning to be rude..."

"Yes, really - here they are" - he turns the head around again.


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Bah you backpedaled to far! Oh well :)

At both men complementing her a blush over comes her face and she quickly turned to speak to Aleris.

While lost in thought following the retreating bum,Just my flipping luck! I suppose my options are going to limit themselves. That is am option. Bah the Gods have horrid timing and they are cruel! Sehhosep and Bentu deserve better. With the pretty bum out of sight Deseri turns back to her new glass and lifts the glass. Putting it back down half empty.

Turning back to Polux, I think we, well at least I were hoping for a head of feather. I mean you keep them covered so that was what I though. Cocking her head to side while staring at the feathers, I have never seen that colorful one before. What is it?


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

No feathered hair here :D

"It is a peacock feather - I'm not given to much significance beyond what I can grasp in my hands, but I was told it can have many meanings" - Polux drinks some more - "Some see the bird itself as a symbolic guardian or carrier of royalty, others point it out as a symbol of immortality... I believe the myriad eye-shaped feathers of a peacock transmit a sense of observation, or 'watching over'" - he shrugs - "At least I believe that was why it was offered to me"


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Qari too, after finishing her talk with Turel and the others decided to tuck in early. She was feeling better but it had been an emotional day. Getting all upset at that other bastard team, then getting drunk after, was just a roller coaster for for. A nice long sleep and tomorrow might hold better things for her.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Sigrun applauds both Harmose and Ra-Khefer's shows, and you are now at (3/8) Sigrun stories.

Harmose: You go to the marketplace the next day. While there, you find the sleeves you are looking for, and do some cosmetic haggling, as befits the culture, from the initially exorbitant price to the list price. While at the marketplace, you come across a pole that has lots of severed hands tied to it. Many of the most opulent vendors are next to it. You chat around, and find out that thieves get their hands severed and put on the pole, and the pole is considered to bring luck to the vendors closest to it.

Polux: Your investigations into the Silver Chain turn up some low-level thugs that you interrogate, either with charm or with your fists, up to you, but at that level, they don't know much about what's going on. From the information that you gather, however, you get the impression that the tax official is being targeted because he is believed to be the offspring of one Ahbehn Okhenti, head of one of Wati's main noble families and an influential city council member.

Turel: If you bring your concerns about the Scorched Hand to Bal Themm, she will bring you to a meeting with some of the officials in charge of handing out Necropolis assignments. During the meeting, it is explained to you that the church has very solid reasoning (at least in their own opinion) for assigning sites as they do -- if everybody could request the sites they wanted, every group would go for the richest tombs. In the church's opinion, greed should not motivate the exploration of the Necropolis, and the best way to avoid bias is for a neutral party -- them -- to adjudicate without taking requests. Besides, they're big believers in groups having to live with what fate gives them. If you put out any effort to convince them otherwise, it's like talking to a wall. They will not budge, and will not take requests for any reason, even if it is for spiritual rather than material reasons.

I am now going to start gradually weaning us from the RP interlude material toward the next dungeon sequence.

You came back from Akhentepi's tomb on Day 4. The Tooth & Hookah scene takes place at the close of Day 4. You have all of Day 5 and Day 6 off. During Day 7, all groups are called to the church of Pharasma to be assigned their second sites. That will be brief enough that Day 7 will count as a downtime day as well. You may enter the Necropolis for your second site at Day 8 at the earliest, or later if you wish to take extra days to prepare for the second site.

You may at this point make relationship rolls (1d20 plus Charisma bonus) to improve relationship with any NPC you choose. You may make relationship rolls for Days 4, 5, 6 and 7. Four rolls total per character -- you can choose to apply each roll to different NPCs or same NPCs as you wish. In addition, Polux, Ra-Khefer, Kito, Deseri and Qari may make an additional, fifth roll for Day 3, to compensate for rolls that Harmose, Aleris and Turel have already done earlier.

You may also pursue downtime activities as per the PRD for Ultimate Campaign for Days 5, 6 and 7. A total of three downtime days. These are completely optional, if you don't want to read through the rules or don't find anything interesting to do.

I will be making a separate post about what you find out about the second site at the church on Day 7. That will be a little later.


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Church meeting.

After the church priestess explain their reasoning to him. Turel nods slowly in agreement. "I cannot find fault in your logic or reasoning, yet after meeting with some of the other adventuring parties I can assure you exploration for the sake of spiritual reasons is not on their mind. Consider yourselves warned." He the rises to his feet and bows in respect to them before excusing himself.

Later with Qari.

Turel says to Qari, "I did mention the concerns to the priests of Pharasma. They refused to change their position....and I shall be honest with you. I find myself agreeing with the priestesses here completely. The Necropolis was never meant to be plundered for such emotions as greed or pride." His voice rising in uncharacteristic passion he finishes, "I undertook this request for the Hand...and as a favor for you. The wisdom of the Scorched Hand I question. Pride rules their minds."

Relationship rolls:

Day 4, Black Kiss: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
Day 5, Black Kiss: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10
Day 6, Bal Themm: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12
Day 7, Bal Themm: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Back at the Tooth and Hookah

Harmose practically glows as he looks up at Aleris. "Speaking of beautiful... There you are. Isn't she beautiful?" He turns to Polux and Deseri. Then he grins back at Aleris, "Hairdressing?" He gestures wildly. "Great idea! If this tomb exploration project should prove a bust, then I'll be Harmose the hairdresser. Want me to start on yours?"

He admires Polux's feathers (though real feathers for a plumekith would have been cooler) and dutifully eats the soup that Aleris provides. When Polux calls Harmose the handsomest man he's ever met, Harmose blinks. "Thank you, but you should know," he says confidentially, "you may be cute, but I have a girlfriend!"

After a bit, he allows Aleris and Turel to part him from his alcohol and escort him off to bed.

The Next Morning

Wenet bounces mercilessly on him. "Stop. Making. So. Much. Noise." The little brown rabbit does not listen to his pleas, and keeps nudging Harmose until he finally gets out of bed. "Ugh. You evil, evil rabbit." Wenet's ears turn down. "Oh, I didn't mean it. My mouth tastes of old carpet and head throbs like there's a charging rhino battering at the inside of my skull... I guess I woke up grumpy, okay?"

Wenet twitches her nose a few minutes, then puts her paws on his face. "Alright, little one. You've won. Is it time to start searching for stories?"

He knocks on Ra-Khefer's door, then winces at the loud noise. "Ra-Khefer! Ra-Khefer! Get up! We need to hunt down the stories we promised Sigrun! Ready to join me in the quest?"

In the market

Harmose stares at the "lucky" pole of hands, and talks to the vendors. "Well this seems like a handy thief deterrent... Is there a story behind this tradition, per chance? Or the poor souls whose hands are represented here?"

Relationship Rolls:

Meehr Zet, Day 4: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Meehr Zet, Day 5: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Meehr Zet, Day 6: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Meehr Zet, Day 7: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Samy, should I be spreading some of those around? Is there an upper limit on relationship values?

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

When you arrive at the Grand Mausoleum on Day 7, the officials mark a location on your Necropolis map, indicating the second site. Unlike the underground Tomb of Akhentepi, this second site is aboveground -- the officials can tell you that it is a walled, two-story mansion with surrounding grounds. The Pharasmins believe the site belonged to some minor nobility of Wati at the time of the Plague of Madness, which nearly decimated the city in 2499 AR. Alas, they do not know more than that -- that's your job.

The site is number 10 on the "numbered map of Wati" on Google Drive -- on the southern side of the Necropolis, almost directly opposite Akhentepi's Tomb's location. Ra-Khefer may or may not notice that it's very close to Menya the Whip's armor shop in the eastern reaches of Asp district, only a few hundred yards as the crow flies, although of course there's the high Necropolis wall in between.

Harmose: Relationship has no upper limit, but the highest tier is 31+, so going above 31 doesn't gain you anything other than buffer against losing Relationship in the future. Focusing on the same NPC allows you to gain xp by reaching new relationship levels with them.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Huh. I should be taking 10 on those checks now, shouldn't I? Or do you prefer that I roll? So this is XP for the entire party, correct?

EDIT: Is it just charisma? It used to be diplomacy... Do I need to edit my rolls?

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Yep, all xp in this game is for the entire party. You are all in the same proverbial xp boat. And yes, it is just Charisma, not Diplomacy, if I have that anywhere it's old information. I ran the numbers and it turned out that if I used Diplomacy, then diplomancers would outpace other characters so much it's not funny anymore.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Downtime

First two days already done.

Continue to copy the papers.
Linguistics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
+2 Influence, -15 gp

Current values: 160 gp, 5 Influence

Relationship Rolls

Kito visits with Terhk Fourwinds, telling him of what was found. She also inquires as to how things are going.
Terhk: 1d20 ⇒ 12
Terhk: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Terhk: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Terhk: 1d20 ⇒ 2
Terhk: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Selling the Dog Soldiers's Sword

Awaiting results of Knowledge checks to determine where we start our search.


Inactive

Tooth & Hookah - Evening Day 4

Aleris can't help but smile at Harmose's praise, though she looks a little embarrassed as well. "Not as much as some," she says with a glance at Deseri, "but I'm glad that you think so!"

"Um...still not sure why we expected Polux to have feathers for hair, though..." she adds, after a moment's pause. "But the feathers in the hair do suit him I think."

Though she does enjoy the company of her three teammates that haven't yet wandered off to bed, she eventually starts to yawn as well. Bidding the others good night, she does her best to help Harmose get to his room safely before calling it a night herself.

Day 5 - Downtime

Having not forgotten her promise to help the Dog Soldiers, Aleris sets out early the next morning and heads into the city to hunt for leads or other information on reputable dog breeders living in close to Wati. Though she starts in the Asp district, her wanderings eventually take her through several of Wati's districts. She even drops by to visit with Teht at the Whispering Stone, to see if she might have any information.

Gather Information (Dogs & Dog Breeders):

Diplomacy #1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Diplomacy #2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Diplomacy #3: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Day 4, 5, 6, 7 - Relationships

Relationship Rolls:

Day 4 (Teht Blackblossom): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Day 5 (Teht Blackblossom): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Day 6 (Teht Blackblossom): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Day 7 (Teht Blackblossom): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

I'll post Day 6 and 7 downtime once I see how the Dog Soldiers sidequest progresses :)

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Aleris locates two reputable dog breeders during her Day 5 hunt. They both provide brochures for her to relay to the Dog Soldiers, and invite the halflings to come over to meet their dogs anytime. This is enough to complete that sidequest. If Aleris wants to, she may accompany the Dog Soldiers to the breeders during Day 6 or 7, to aid in their negotiations, but that is purely optional and not required for completion of the sidequest.

One of the breeders is in the Outer Farms, and another in the nobility's affluent Morning Sun district.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

DOWNTIME

Since I can't search for stories...

Gather Information (Perils faced by other Groups in the Necropolis)
This is especially for post-madness sites. What did other groups fight? Find? What was effective in countering the monsters?

Gather Information, Day 5: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Gain Influence (spend 15gp)

Diplomacy Take Ten, Day 6: 10 + 10 = 20 =2 points Influence

_______________________

For Day 7, may I visit the library that Tuneya showed me, to get a bonus to our research rolls regarding our new site?

Researching Our Site in the Library, Spending an Influence
Knowledge History: 1d20 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 1 + 5 = 25
Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 5 = 7
Knowledge Local, Reroll: 1d20 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 5 = 7 Boo

Please add in any bonus the library might give.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Absolutely. Can you elaborate a little on what sort of information you are looking for with that Day 5 roll? Talking to the groups and trying to find out what sorts of monsters they fought at their first sites? Do I understand correctly?


Inactive

Sure, Aleris will tag along with the Dog Soldiers! I think she'd like to see which pups they end up walking away with. She'll do that during Day 6. I'm assuming that she'll still have time for downtime activities afterward.

Day 6 - Downtime

After tagging along with the Dog Soldiers and helping them finish up their business with acquiring some new pups to train, Aleris decides to kill time by giving some impromptu dance lessons to anyone that expresses an interest. Setting up in the Midwife district, she draws attention by performing a few of the dances that she knows, all of which are family-friendly so as not to give locals the wrong idea.

Earning Influence (Perform: Dance; Take 10): 10 + 7 = 17 15gp spent

Day 7 - Downtime

Once the group receives their next site, Aleris briefly considers heading to the library with Harmose to learn more about their site, but dismisses it almost immediately. She reasons that Kito, Turel, or Polux would be better suited to help with that line of research. Instead, she decides to go visit some of the local temples and shops, to inquire as to what sorts of injuries and maladies have seen an upswing in occurrence since the Necropolis opened. Maybe it'll give them an idea if they're overlooking any additional gear they should purchase.

Scheme for an Upcoming Adventure (Heal): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Ra looks for a side job using his knowledge of engineering.
Maybe armor testing with his new armor smith contact, or construction inspector...
Knowledge:Engineering: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

So I went to work and the thread got really active.

Back at the Tooth and Hookah

Seeing that everyone is working towards ending there time at the table in favor of their beds Deseri finishes her drink quickly and heads up to her room after bidding her companions goodnight.

Hours later and she wakes up after rolling out of bed. Seeing that the sun is high in the sky and she has greeted it with hate and loathing, Stupid sun thinks it so important with its light and heat. I should not have had that second drink. Thank you Kito for planning for noon.

Once she deems herself presentable she heads down stairs to find food and Kito.

Day 5 Downtime
Spend most of the day traveling around with Kito trying to sell the sword.

Day 6 Downtime
Growing bored and needing something to do, preferably something she has never done before and since she has been staying at the Tooth and Hooka Deseri will wonder down to ask Farhaan if there is something she can do in the tavern to earn some gold or at least help out.

Day 7 Downtime
Deseri will try to get the rest of the group attention to tell them about her wanting to help her friends out by carrying a their child and that she wants to still explore the temple.

Relationship Rolls:

Sehhosep and Bentu Day 3: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Sehhosep and Bentu Day 4: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Farhaan Day 5: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Farhaan Day 6: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Sehhosep and Bentu Day 7: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

I will post a bit about the conversation with Sehhosep and Bentu after sleep has happened. Though she would not have given a yes or no yet since she thinks they need time to be sure and so does she

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Kito: You have little trouble locating some prospective buyers for the sword through your contacts as a Wati native in general, and through Terhk and his desert travelers' lodge in specific. There's a merchant traveling between cities who wants to buy it for his caravan guards to use. There's a local upper middle class weapon collector who wants to make it a centerpiece of his collection. Then you also hear of Khammayid Okhenti, a scion of one of the city's noble families, who would probably be interested in buying it to impress women -- however, him being nobility, you can't get in touch with him as you run around in rather different circles.

Harmose: You schmooze around with the other groups to squeeze out information about the opposition they have faced in the Necropolis. The Cryptfinders, it turns out, were just exaggerating about the mummy they claimed to have felled, and in fact had just fought vermin. The Daughters of the Desert had mostly encountered traps. The Dog Soldiers, a gelatinous cube. The Sand Scorpions, ghouls. The Scorched Hand, zombies. Because of the high result for your gather information, I'm going to say that you now know exactly what is effective against zombies, ghouls and gelatinous cubes -- you may refer to the PRD regarding those monsters and Harmose may now know that stuff IC.

Aleris: You tag along with the Dog Soldiers and spend some time watching them haggle and negotiate with the breeders, helping out occasionally where appropriate. The negotiations seem to be heading in the direction of the Dog Soldiers being intent on buying two young adult dogs for immediate use in combat to replace the two lost ones, and also two pups that they could train from the ground up. However, the deal is held up by liquidity issues, which will be resolved when the sword is sold. Because they want new dogs to explore their second site, they are eager to sell the sword before the second site. Hanging with the Dog Soldiers does not eat up your downtime activity for the day, so you spend some time dancing in Midwife district, and then the next day you keep your ear to the ground about the sorts of dangers you're likely to encounter in the Necropolis. You earn 1 Influence and a one-time +2 to Heal that you can use anytime during the second site.

Ra-Khefer: You unfortunately find nothing at this time.

Deseri: Farhaan suggests some jobs for you, either waiting tables, serving bar, doing some backroom jobs like cataloging inventory or cleaning the storage, doing some hauling jobs to get supplies to the inn, and various stuff like that. If you wish, you may do an Earn Capital roll to earn Goods, Influence or Labor for yourself or for the group in general.

Turel: Armed with some of the information that Harmose has shared with you about the Necropolis dangers, you discuss anti-undead techniques with the clergy when you are at the Grand Mausoleum (Pharasma's temple). You gain various tips that you can share with the Sand Scorpions when you talk to them, completing that side quest.

Google Drive: I have updated the relationship table with Harmose, Aleris, Turel, Kito and Deseri's relationship rolls up until Day 7, so they are up to date. If any of the rest of you have done relationship rolls, I've missed them so point them out to me and I'll get them added as well.


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Day 4 with Kito

Once there are some options for the sword, I would rather it be put to the use it was made for. I would like to go to the traveling merchant. Or we could try to find Harmose and try to get more gold out the fancy noble. Kito which one do you want to try?

I also like the merchant because making friends in the merchant class is usually beneficial. Possible discounts later and information. Merchants tend to hear about a fair bit of peoples plans. And with the traveling bit should we need info about other place, we bungle things up and need to leave, or traveling comes into the game later maybe.

Day 6 at the Tooth and Hooka

Deseri would pick the waiting tables, not really knowing what she it getting into with that. Mostly due to having never done it before and it looks like way to meet a lot of people. She would have no moral issue with listening in on peoples conversations. Primarily listening for anything about the Necropolises or the groups going into them. Also freely chatting with the people about the Necropolises if that comes up and flirting with most people because she loves people.

Not sure what roll you want for that. And Deseri currently has little love for gold, preferring the trade and barter system so I suppose Influence would be the roll. What roll do you want for it? This is the first I have looked at Downtime rules and there is a lot to read.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

There's indeed a lot to read about the Downtime rules. Essentially, to gain Influence, you pick one of the following skills:

Appraise, Bluff, Craft, Diplomacy, Handle Animal, Heal, Intimidate, Knowledge (any), Linguistics, Perform, Profession, Ride.

You can buy 1 Influence per each full 10 of your roll result. Cost is 15gp per 1 Influence. So if you rolled 23 on one of those skills, for example, you could choose to buy 2 Influence for 30gp, or 1 Influence for 15gp (if you don't want to make use of the full roll).

Influence can then be spent in various ways, but if you don't want to or don't have time to read the rules, you can just put it in a party pool and let others use it, if you want.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

I will read it. I seems to be useful for this game and that means I will I just have to have time to do and ensure I understand it. Should have done something with Diplomacy seeing as I am a high Charisma character. Plans for later. Would bluff be alright. Not using it to out right lie but to make things seem more interesting about the Necropolises and to lay on the flirting a little more. And would that get the bonus to the bluff for believable or unlikely lies since it is more of an embellishment on what actually happened there and she is already a bit of a flirt.


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Qari spends a considerable amount of time over the next few days trying to grow her bond with Farhaan. Aside from her fellow explorers, he was her only real friend in his town. She had even failed at making friends with that Socrched Hand group when the Pharasman church wouldn't give them aid. She wanted to talk to her friend.

Influence Farhaan 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Farhaan 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Farhaan 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Farhaan 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Farhaan 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

On the day the next ruin was announced, Qari met with Harmose at the library. "I'm here to help you with your research. Tell me what you want me to do."

OK, what do I roll to assist? Can I do a Knowledge check untrained to try to assist or is it something else I roll I have some gold to add in as well.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor
Deseri wrote:

Day 4 with Kito

Once there are some options for the sword, I would rather it be put to the use it was made for. I would like to go to the traveling merchant. Or we could try to find Harmose and try to get more gold out the fancy noble. Kito which one do you want to try?

"I admit that is my preference as well, but I think it is really for the Dog Soldiers to decide. Can you talk with them and set up the meeting with their preferred buyer?"

I do hope they choose the merchant that Tehrk told me of. Be nice to finally bring some business his way rather than it always be the other direction!


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

---On the sidelines---

Goal is to know more about the role Ahbehn plays in the City Council, and Wati in general - is he known for any particular, outstanding public positions regarding how the town is ruled/organized/etc, or any other tidbits, like if he carries much weight in the council, etc.

So I guess this is my ---Downtime Day 5---

Gather information - Thorough Questioning:

Diplomacy Ahbehn Okhenti: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Diplomacy Ahbehn Okhenti: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Diplomacy Ahbehn Okhenti: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Samy wrote:

You came back from Akhentepi's tomb on Day 4. The Tooth & Hookah scene takes place at the close of Day 4. You have all of Day 5 and Day 6 off. During Day 7, all groups are called to the church of Pharasma to be assigned their second sites. That will be brief enough that Day 7 will count as a downtime day as well. You may enter the Necropolis for your second site at Day 8 at the earliest, or later if you wish to take extra days to prepare for the second site.

You may at this point make relationship rolls (1d20 plus Charisma bonus) to improve relationship with any NPC you choose. You may make relationship rolls for Days 4, 5, 6 and 7. Four rolls total per character -- you can choose to apply each roll to different NPCs or same NPCs as you wish. In addition, Polux, Ra-Khefer, Kito, Deseri and Qari may make an additional, fifth roll for Day 3, to compensate for rolls that Harmose, Aleris and Turel have already done earlier.

You may also pursue downtime activities as per the PRD for Ultimate Campaign for Days 5, 6 and 7. A total of three downtime days. These are completely optional, if you don't want to read through the rules or don't find anything interesting to do.

I will be making a separate post about what you find out about the second site at the church on Day 7. That will be a little later.

I am not sure if we are allowed to use Downtime to Scheme for an Upcoming Adventure, since to all effects we would not know where we would be headed on Day 6, but since Samy referred it in discussion, I guess we can assume I will use Day 6 to Gain Capital, and Day 7 to Scheme, after we know our next task? If so:

---Downtime Day 6---

Craft (Alchemy): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Earns me 1 Influence Point

---Downtime Day 7---

After their second investigation site has been defined, Polux decides to do some further investigation of the area - "It is closeby to Menya the Whip's Place, and I need to go there anyway, so I will ask around for any further information - maybe folks in the area will have any helpful tidbits. Anyone care to join me?"

Scheme for an Upcoming Adventure

Spending the Influence Point.

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 2 = 21

At the shop, he will inquire about selling his battered weapons (morningstar and longspear), and purchasing two new ones - specifically his attention is caught by a cold iron tipped longspear that leans on the corner, its shaft built out of resilient, well polished wood, and a silver plated morningstar with leather bands around the hilt.

---Relationship Rolls---

Velriana (Scorched Hand): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15
Velriana (Scorched Hand): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10
Velriana (Scorched Hand): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
Velriana (Scorched Hand): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13
Velriana (Scorched Hand): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

With Kito

That sound reasonable.

Deseri would head out to find the Dog Soldiers and give them their options.

Day 7

Deseri would ask the others if she could meet up with all of them later. There is something I would like to speak with all of you about.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kito nods her head, agreeing to meet. "When? Dinner perhaps?"


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Shifting nervously back and forth in her feet. When Kito mentions meeting later for food Deseri mumbles, Dinner would be good.


Inactive

Okay, seems Aleris has largely done everything that she can for the downtime but if I think of anything else, I'll add it in a post. Still need to see if there's any additional equipment she wants to pick up before Day 8.

Day 7

"At dinner sounds like a good idea," Aleris agrees. "Now that we know a little about our next site, I think Harmose and Qari were going to head to the library to see what information they could find and I think most of the others have things they want to do as well before tomorrow."

She shoots Deseri a slightly worried glance but doesn't say anything further, reasoning that it would be best to just wait until they meet back up for dinner to hear what she has to say.

She's not seemed herself for a couple of days now. Hopefully we can help her with whatever is bothering her.

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Looking for side job, day 5...
Maybe armor testing with his new armor smith contact, or construction inspector...
Wearing a shirt and tie that Ra's shoulders strain against, and wearing a ridiculously tiny hard hat, Ra heads out looking...
Knowledge:Engineering: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Looking for side job, day 6...
Knowledge:Engineering: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Looking for side job, day 7...
Knowledge:Engineering: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

The Dog Soldiers decide to sell their magic sword to the caravan merchant. With the money, they purchase the dogs as mentioned before, two fighting age and two pups. Both Dog Soldiers side quests are now wrapped, both the sword and the dogs.

Polux does some digging around Ahbehn Okhenti. He's one of the more influential people in the Council, and one of the current issues in city politics is whether adultery should be decriminalized. Okhenti is known for more liberal politics than the more conservative Mahfre family, and he has advocated the decriminalization, believing such matters to be none of the city guard's business. His political opponents accuse him of having a personal stake in the issue, being a well-known philanderer (or at least the rumors say so), and wanting to escape justice as well as corrupt the moral fiber of the city.

Polux's investigation of any links between the Necropolis and Menya the Whip's armor shop turn up nothing. In fact, he's rather convinced that there's no link other than a coincidental location near each other. During his investigations, however, he does discover the probably unrelated piece of information that there are tunnels beneath Wati's surface, and some of them do cross the Necropolis wall, providing crossing points from one side to the other. For authorized parties like yourselves who can just use the main Necropolis gate, this is likely irrelevant.

Ra-Khefer scores some little engineering jobs here and there. He can use them to either earn gp (skill check / 10 gp earned), or to earn capital (1 Goods or Influence each day, but you have to pay 10gp per Goods or 15gp per Influence).

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Ra chooses to earn Capital (Goods) each day, so he spends 30 gp total to earn 3 goods.


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Will the bluff work for the gaining influence?

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Sure! :)


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

With the +4 or +9. I really should have picked it up as a class skill with a trait. Curse my foolishness!

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Depends on which one you use it as. :)


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

As an embellishment on what actually happened in the Necropolise and she is already a bit of a flirt so to lay in on thicker.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Sure, go with the +9.


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Bluff for Influence: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 I apparently took a ten. So 15gp? Also not trying to powergame.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Right, you pay 15gp and gain 1 Influence.


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

You ninja'd my edit! also not trying to power game


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

If I am allowed to retcon, as per Harmose's tip regarding my Inspiration :P

Inspiration to add: 1d6 ⇒ 3Total result on the Knowledge would be 24.

Also, and since I have the Inspired trait, I should be able to roll again on that day - apologies for forgetting this :P

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 2 + (3) = 24

ROFL!

-----

Deseri wrote:
Deseri would ask the others if she could meet up with all of them later. There is something I would like to speak with all of you about.

"OF course Deseri, at dinner would be a great time for that - at the Tooth and Hookah?" - Polux replies.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?
The All Wise and Powerful Samy, Goddess of the Desert wrote:
Harmose: You schmooze around with the other groups to squeeze out information about the opposition they have faced in the Necropolis. The Cryptfinders, it turns out, were just exaggerating about the mummy they claimed to have felled, and in fact had just fought vermin. The Daughters of the Desert had mostly encountered traps. The Dog Soldiers, a gelatinous cube. The Sand Scorpions, ghouls. The Scorched Hand, zombies. Because of the high result for your gather information, I'm going to say that you now know exactly what is effective against zombies, ghouls and gelatinous cubes -- you may refer to the PRD regarding those monsters and Harmose may now know that stuff IC.

At the Group Dinner with Deseri -- Tooth & Hookah

Harmose finds Turel and the others, and shares all that he's learned. "Turel, maybe you could share some of this information with the Sand Scorpions? Maybe this will help them figure out how to fight undead better?"

Then he turns to Deseri. "Something's been bothering you, but you're among friends. What is it you wanted to tell us?"


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

At the Tooth and Hooka for a daily dose of angst

Fidgeting in her seat she keeps her gaze turned to the table, So when I arrived in Wati this couple, Sehhosep & Bentu Naahn, took me in. They nursed me back to health. I.. I was traveling alone through the desert to Wati. I was delirious and hallucinating when Sehhosep found me. Sehhosep is an instructor at the Hall of Blessed Rebirth and she took care of me. I did not have anywhere to go and they let me live with them.

Taking a sip of the water then looking back up to look everyone, When we got back from the Necropolises I went to have dinner with them that first night and Sehhosep told me that Bentu.. Her voice breaks and a few tears roll down her cheeks as she looks back at the table. Bentu is dying and they haven't been able to fix him with magic. They want me to be a surrogate for them so a bit of Bentu is still with Sehhosep. I haven't said no or yes yet.

Wiping her face and looking back up, I want to but I wanted to let you all have a say in if I still get to explore the tombs. I want to be able to do both. If they haven't changed their minds.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose is floored. Whatever he was expecting Deseri to talk about, it wasn't this.

He realizes that he knows next to nothing about pregnancy, other than the preventing of it. What does he know? He thinks back to all the pregnant women he met at society parties, and about their complaints. Pregnant women get big bellies. And sometimes nausea, or cravings for weird food. That didn't sound so bad, did it?

Well so long as she doesn't crave minotaur...

And now Deseri is talking about taking this step? About bringing a new life into the world, one that she won't get to keep, so that someone else can be a mother? Awed, he takes Deseri's hand.

"Deseri, you may be the bravest person I know. If you want to do this, if this is where your heart is leading you, then do it. Though... I'm a bachelor. I have no experience at all with this. So you'll have to tell us what we can do to help you?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kito is also surprised by the topic of conversation.

I wonder how well she has thought this through. Guess I should ask the big question.

"Would you be keeping the child, or would you be turning it over to your friend Sehhosep?"

If she goes through with it, I will need to brush up on midwifery.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

After hearing Deseri's unusual plee, Turel's mind recalls situations where the tribe's counselors would assign surrogate mothers in situations similar to these. His mind flashes briefly of a future where he would help raise the child with Deseri at his side...

"Deseri, you know I do consider you a member of my family and I will support you in whatever decision to decide to make here. I just beg you to consider the child's welfare as well. This is a dangerous road we walk down and the child will have no say as to the danger you will be placing him in."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Inactive

"I guess she would give the baby over to Sehhosep once it's been born," Aleris responds, looking at Deseri with a newfound respect.

I just thought that she was odd. Sweet, but odd. But to be willing to carry someone else's child and then give them up...

"Harmose is right. This is a very brave thing for you to want to do for your friends," she continues gently. "But Turel has a point too. It could be very dangerous for you and the baby if you were to keep on poking around in old tombs with us."

She glances around at the others and then back to their redheaded companion. "I'm pretty sure that you've got everyone's support if this is the step you want to take," she smiles. "Just be sure that it's also the right decision for you."

1,401 to 1,450 of 5,004 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.