Mummy's Mask

Game Master Samy

GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Campaign --- Day 26 --- Google Drive Folder --- Experience --- Treasure --- Relationships --- Maps (Empty Graves)
Panic Level: 13

Party Inits:
[dice=Initiative Aleris]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Deseri]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Harmose]1d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Kito]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Polux]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Qari]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Ra-Khefer]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Turel]1d20+2[/dice]

[dice=Perception Aleris]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Deseri]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Perception Harmose]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Kito]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Perception Polux]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Perception Qari]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Perception Ra-Khefer]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Perception Turel]1d20+9[/dice]


1,201 to 1,250 of 5,004 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>

Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

"I think you should take both it and the arrows." Harmose nods. "Aleris, you are by far our best archer."

And we still need appraise rolls from folks. If you have an int dip, roll to aid another for someone else! Together we can do this!


Inactive

"Um, if that's okay with everyone then I'd be happy to," Aleris replies, giving the others a hesitant look before picking up the bow and the arrows. "It'll be a little harder to pull than my old one, but I think I'll get better with some practice. And the arrows will be handy no matter what."

Assuming no one else objects, Aleris will add the masterwork longbow and the 10 cold iron arrows to her inventory.


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Untrained Appraise on Masterwork Longbow to aid Harmosre: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Aleris is right it is a very nice, if very old, bow.
Untrained Appraise on cold iron arrows to aid Harmosre: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
They still seem sharp,
Untrained Appraise on Darkwood Coffer to aid Harmosre: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Untrained Appraise on Gold Scarab Clasp: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Untrained Appraise on Gold Funerary Mask: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Untrained Appraise on Lapis and Carnelian Pendant: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Untrained Appraise on Assortment of Gems: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Addressing the other, Were there other things you passed and wanted to catalogue from your first trip here?

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

The potions are:
potion of darkvision
potion of lesser restoration
sell price 150 per item.

The padded armor turns out to be masterwork.

I have automatically put up the prices for masterwork padded armor, masterwork longbow, and cold iron arrows, because since they have standard list prices, valuing them should be trivial.

The gold scarab clasp, silver hand mirror, clay urn of nard, and darkwood coffer have been appraised and I've put their values in the document.


I am the tool of the GM

Whirrr....
Click...
Bot Buddy the Robo-Cat, is going to Bot Polux at Polux's Request.
_________________________________________________

Polux leans in to help the pretty Deseri with her appraise on the Lapis and Carnelian Pendant.

Appraise Lapis and Carnelia Pendant, Aid Another Deseri: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Success!

"This is a lovely design, and the color goes very well with your eyes, Deseri."

Appraise on the assortment of Gems: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

But the assortment of gems don't really speak to him... "Hmmph. Gems are always valuable. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Is there anything else we missed?

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Pendant appraised. Unappraised items should be easy to spot in the document because they have an empty value in the worth column.


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel looks over the gold funerary mask and also the gems.

Appraise, aid another (Mask): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10
"This Mask is one befitting a person of high status."
Appraise, aid another (Gems): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19
"And these gems are a suitable offering for his favor."


I am the tool of the GM

Whirr.
Click.
Botting Polux once again.
__________________________________________

Appraise, Mask + Turel's Aid: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 2 = 20

"You're correct! This mask is befitting someone of high status." Polux says.

Appraise, Silvery Liquid: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Craft Alchemy, Silvery Liquid: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

"I think I may know what this is..."

So, I think that the only thing left to appraise are those gems?

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Mask appraised. I think the silvery liquid will require Spellcraft since it's magical.


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

You all were busy little beavers today!

Untrained appraise gems 1d20 ⇒ 17

Qari had sat back and allowed the others to take the lead. She wasn't too sad about getting out of the tomb, though. A lot of bad this had been encountered in just a brief amount of time, but no libraries, or muchwritten information. Perhaps in the next one her luck would improve.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

We can attempt spellcraft again tomorrow. For the gems, they currently stand at an Appraise of 19, thanks Qari with Turel's aid. One short. Ra-Khefer, you're a dwarf. Can you successfully aid and get us over the top? We badly need someone (maybe Polux, maybe me) to put a point in Appraise next level.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Inactive

As they continue to pore over their finds, Aleris suddenly stops and slaps her forehead. "I can't believe it, we've forgotten to check for magical auras! I think we all must need a good rest when we get back if everyone forgot."

Aleris recites a brief incantation and focuses her attention on each of their new finds in turn.

Casting Detect Magic and inspecting all of the items, again...

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Thank you, Aleris. I was worrying about you guys ending up underselling the shield. ;)

In addition to the potions and the silvery liquid, the masterwork padded armor from the final room detects as magical, as well as the scarab shaped shield from the first rooms the group surveyed on the previous foray three days ago.

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

As he is called forward to appraise the various items, Ra just stood there looking pale for a few heartbeats. Then he just shook his head.
"I'm... sorry. I can't do it. I just can't." He said.
He turned and fled back into the outer storeroom.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

"I can't believe I missed those!" Harmose slaps his forehead. "Excellent work, Aleris." He looks at Kito. "Do you want to take first crack at the spell craft, or should I? Also, I do think we need to take another look through this place and give the mirror another examination, even though I'm not sure we'd have any way of removing it from this tomb."

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

The mirror is not removable from the tomb in the short term at least. You will likely move on to the next exploration site before it could be removed.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Spellcraft, Padded Armor: 10 + 9 = 19
Spellcraft, Scarab Shield: 10 + 9 = 19

"On the way out, would anyone mind if I inspect that mirror?" Kito hesitantly asks.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Spellcraft, Padded Armor, Aid Another Kito: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Spellcraft, Scarab Shield, Aid Another Kito: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

"Let's examine it. How do you propose we proceed?" Harmose offers a finger perch to Thera, while cheerfully holding Wenet in his other arm. "Shall we?"

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

I will give the results for the armor and shield when you get back to the living city. The tomb is a bit too creepy a location to concentrate on recalling the information you need. You'll need to do a bit of research and such too.


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel watches Ra-Khefer flee the final resting place of Akhentepi as a brief look of concern flashes over his face.

Perhaps the warrior wrestles with his conscience. I understand his feelings. This does feel...wrong in some way. While he may wish to deal with this alone, it would be a good opportunity to show he is NOT alone.

Moving softly after Ra-Khefer he pauses once he catches sight of the oread. "Do you wish solitude, my friend? Or will an ear lent to you help you conquer your fears?" He asks quietly.


Inactive

Aleris looks up in time to see Ra-Khefer turn and hurry back out to the outer storeroom. Her first instinct is to follow after him, but she stops when she sees that Turel has had the same idea. She'd not really interacted very much with the dwarf directly since they'd met, but Turel had.

Maybe...I'd better let Turel talk to him. They seemed to get along well enough during the interviews earlier.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"With eyes closed and fingers wide." Kito replies with a wide smile.

"I assume you've already tried to do it through the blanket? Something strange must be going on, normally I would expect the spell to function through up to about a foot of stone."

"In any case, it should be possible to target the mirror by touch rather than sight. I was thinking that if I close my eyes and put my hand against the mirror, I should be able to try and identify it."

"ثيرا، إذا كنت يمكن أن يرجى الذهاب إلى Harmose بينما أنا تجريب المرآة؟"

Osirioni:
Thera, if you could please go to Harmose while I am experimenting with the mirror?


Female Thrush

With a chirp and a quick flap of her wings, Thera flies over to land on Harmose's outstretched finger.


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Qari waits, backing up Kito in case the experiments with the mirror did not turn out well. Who is the fairest one of all, she thinks to herself, recalling a story she had once heard in her village. "Everything okay with it, Kito? "

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

In the outer storeroom, Ra fell to his knees and pressed his forehead to the floor.

Turel wrote:
Moving softly after Ra-Khefer he pauses once he catches sight of the oread. "Do you wish solitude, my friend? Or will an ear lent to you help you conquer your fears?" He asks quietly.

Ra snapped erect again.

"It's not FEAR!" He shouted, his eyes blazing.
He breathed heavily for a moment, eyes staring at nothing.
"Did you know, Turel, that I have spent thirty years in the regiment of the Royal Tomb Guardians, capturing and EXECUTING people for doing what we are doing right now?"
He shook his head.
"And there I was, helping to take things from the body of the sacred dead... And I felt sick. I couldn't go on in there."


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kito allows people to move away before she experiments with the enchanted mirror.

Situating herself just in front of it, she casts Detect Magic.

Closing her eyes, she concentrates on the spell, looking for the previously described auras of transmutation and illusion. If she is unable to get a complete reading through the shroud, she carefully moves her hand beneath it so as to touch the surface of the mirror.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 Should have taken 10, drat!

Cast Detect Magic. Concentrate the required 3 rounds. Try to ID. Touch only if required.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]
Ra-Khefer wrote:

Ra snapped erect again.

"It's not FEAR!" He shouted, his eyes blazing.
He breathed heavily for a moment, eyes staring at nothing.
"Did you know, Turel, that I have spent thirty years in the regiment of the Royal Tomb Guardians, capturing and EXECUTING people for doing what we are doing right now?"
He shook his head.
"And there I was, helping to take things from the body of the sacred dead... And I felt sick. I couldn't go on in there."

Turel paused for a moment watching the man silently, gathering his thoughts.

How can I condemn him, for the same fears I also share?

His voice barely above a whisper, he replies "I...I feel the anger you share with me. Yet I also sense fear...fear of failing at your duty AGAIN. Believe me when I say I share the fear..."

He turns to stare into Ra-Khefer's eyes. "There is a part of me that is terrified of what we may find...of what others may find in the areas of the Necropolis. The Ruby Prince is a FOOL...and greed drives his actions here. Still..." Turel sighs heavily, a look of weariness on his face. "I debated long with myself whether to join this so-called...lottery. I at first decided to refuse to partake in the desecration of the Necropolis, and I prepared to return to my home. Then after talking with Bal Themm, a priestess of Pharasma, she said to me 'You should reconsider. You have to opportunity to limit the damage done here. Indeed to refuse to help control the greedy impulses of those in your party is betraying yourself.'"

He smiles wanly, "And after seeing some of the other groups applying for the lottery I could see they were filled with greed and ill-intent. It only clarified things in my mind. I followed her advice, thought not with a great deal of hesitation. Now I am here. While I cannot prevent this vile desecration of the Necropolis, I can at least ensure this Tomb remains respected...as the Three Rules of Pharasma teaches us."

He smiles gently and extends a hand to Ra. "Would you care to help me ensure this place, and all others are treated with respect, my friend?"

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Readings on the mirror confound Kito, and she is unable to get any clear information. When she moves her hand beneath the shroud to touch the mirror, there is a sudden jolt of magical energy that feels like stinging in Kito's head. Others can see a series of hieroglyphs being magically etched onto Kito's forehead, letters of solid glowing gold forming on her skin. She herself cannot feel this happening beyond the immediate sting that occurred.

Kito: Fortitude DC 10 to negate 1hp damage.

The hieroglyphs are in Ancient Osiriani.

Ancient Osiriani:
"thief"


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Eyes widening as shock sets in at Ra-Khefer outburst and the fleeing form the area. She starts to move to follow but sees Turel moving and stops. Turning to see most of the others occupied with the items that have littered this tomb for centuries instead of Ra-Khefer's little flip out.

Quietly and slowly walking to follow Turel she arrives to see Turel extending his hand. Ummm, Ra-Khefer? Are you alright?


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Oops!"

Fort: 1d20 ⇒ 16 Success!

Frustrated, she carefully backs away from the mirror making sure the blanket stays in place. After she is about five feet away (judging by the magical aura via detect magic), she risks opening her eyes.

"Well, that didn't work!" Turning towards the rest of the party she cheerfully announces "At least I was able to avoid getting harmed by the mirror!"


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

"Kito! You've got something strange on your head and face. It looks like strange pictures. Does anyone else see it?"


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Puzzled by Qari's statement, Kito asks "Does anyone have a hand mirror?"

Looking towards Thera, she says "ثيرا، هل رأيت ما حدث؟"

Osirioni:
Thera, did you see what happened?


Female Thrush

Looking at Kito, the bird chirps "لديك بعض يتمايل على جبينك. هذا هو متعة خدعة، عشيقة!"

Osirioni:
You have some squiggles on your forehead. That is a fun trick, mistress!

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1
Turel wrote:

"While I cannot prevent this vile desecration of the Necropolis, I can at least ensure this Tomb remains respected...as the Three Rules of Pharasma teaches us."

He smiles gently and extends a hand to Ra. "Would you care to help me ensure this place, and all others are treated with respect, my friend?"

Ra looked up at Turel.

"You... make a certain amount of sense." He said slowly.
He reached up to grasp Turel's hand and levered himself up.
Deseri wrote:
Quietly and slowly walking to follow Turel she arrives to see Turel "Ummm, Ra-Khefer? Are you alright?"

Looking at Deseri, Ra nodded his head.

"I am well enough; thank you. I was just... repulsed by what we are required to do.
"But we must continue as best we can, in honor and good faith. Especially with others acting under the same orders who do not.
"Though I cannot see how this... official tomb robbery could possibly end well. We act against the gods will. And they WILL respond."
He said grimly.


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Her mouth forms an 'o' of surprise. I, umm, I did not think of it that way and I suppose I should have asked why thing was being done before I joined in. I suppose I got caught up in the idea. So why are we searching of these tombs.


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel pulls the man to his feet. "Yes, I do believe the gods will not condone this course of action. The Prince will not bear the brunt of his decision, others will."

He then turns to face Deseri. "The ruler -- Ruby Prince Khemet III -- decreed that the walled-off forbidden part of Wati known as the Necropolis would be opened, and that all sorts of mercenaries would be allowed to enter seeking riches and other treasures." He replies to her with a hint of disgust in his voice. "Fortunately, the church of Pharasma has taken control of the situation and created the lottery so as to catalog who goes where in each building. However, these mercenary groups are not known for following the rules."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Inactive

Mirror Room

"Um...maybe we should leave the mirror alone?" Aleris suggests after seeing strange symbols appear on Kito's forehead. "The next person that touches it might get something worse than pictures on their skin."


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

"Agreed." Harmose holds up the silver hand mirror. "Now I'm not the only one with hieroglyphs etched on my skin. If it makes you uncomfortable, I can give you one of my scarves. What color would you like it to be?"

He pulls the scarf out of his backpack, shakes the goopy flour off it, and prestidigitates it clean.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kito takes the hand mirror and looks at her face in the mirror.

Linguistics, read them backwards.: 10 + 9 = 19 Should be more than what I need since I can read Ancient Osiriani.

Kito wrinkles her nose. "It is Ancient Osiriani and says Thief. I'll have to get that taken care of!"

Looking towards Harmose, she gestures to her current clothes as she asks "Do you have one in tan, khaki, or gold? Otherwise a green that matches my blouse."


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose, who is extremely fashionable, looks Kito over professionally, walking around her once. Then he nods. "Green, to go with your eyes."

Then he looks in his backpack. "It's really about time I clean this out, isn't it?" He starts the process of prestidigitating his backpack clean of goop.

Anyone want to do anything else in the tomb, or shall we have Samy move us out?


Inactive

"'Thief'?" Aleris blinks. "In that case I definitely think we should probably leave the mirror alone since they obviously didn't want it to go anywhere. Maybe we can just make a note of it should any of the church officials want to come down here themselves?"

She watches with interest as Harmose offers Kito a bit of fashion advice and cleans a scarf for her. "Green for sure," she agrees. "Though I think purple might look nice too, if you're ever in the market for another one."

I'm good to head back to Wati when everyone else is; I think the Turel/Ra-Khefer/Deseri conversation is happening flex-time so they can keep that going even if we move on :)


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

"We probably need to tell the church," Qari says, agreeing with Aleris. "Might be a funny joke to play, but until we figure out how to remove the markings, we'd better make sure they are aware."

Ready to go!

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1

Ready to leave.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Good to go :)

Shifting her weight to the side off her bad leg, Well perhaps the Gods will be to distracted exacting vengeance on those who are not respectful in their endeavors. I assumed that all of the group functioned like this one, being respectful and honoring the dead.

Turning to walk around the room while looking around, Monetary treasures are nice but my only reason for wanting to come with you all was the knowledge I stood to gain from this. I was always taught that the reason we study the past is to learn what worked and what did not. Though this we learn to better ourselves.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel smiles. "Sadly, not all of the parties have any interest in studying the past, only plundering from it. You show a deeper understanding of what the past holds."

He holds out a hand to her. I believe I need to feel the desert air upon my face now. Shall we go?"[/b]

Ready to move on here.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kito wraps the scarf around her forehead, and then checks it in the mirror. Never really liked scarves. How is it that other people can make them look so good? She adjusts it a couple of times, and then evidently decides it is good enough.

Blowing a stray strand of hair out of her face, she announces "Sorry, but I probably shouldn't carry anything from here out..." She shuffles her feet a bit. "They went to the effort of marking intruders, it is possible that this will set off some undiscovered trap."

Ready to leave.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

You climb out of the Tomb of Akhentepi well before sundown, so the shadows aren't growing long yet. Even so, as you head through the empty streets back toward the living city, you might catch a flash of some kind of movement from the corner of your eyes, but by the time you look, there's nothing there. The air is hot and still, and though you know that several other adventuring groups are authorized to be in the necropolis, you don't see or hear anything of them. Some of them might be having recovery days, others might be deep inside tombs, but no one is in the streets. Occasionally there's a stray gust of wind that blows spirals of sand into the air. A pack of vultures circle high above. The weight of history feels heavy. Centuries ago, this place was claimed by madness. Now there is only dead silence amidst the abandoned buildings.

You make it back to the living city without any incident.

As you study the magic armor and shield, you fail to ascertain the nature of the armor, but the shield is a scarab shield.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Once the group is settled back at the Tooth and Hookah, Kito makes a request and a few suggestions.

"We have a few magical items that we still don't know the properties of. There exists a divination which would help me determine those properties, but right now I can't afford it. If we split the coin that we picked up, that should be more than enough where I could buy a scroll to learn it from.

Once I have a scroll, I could learn the spell and use it to identify the items we don't recognize. We may want me to use it on some of those we have recognized as well, just to be sure.

Which of these items is the church going to want? I would expect them to be very interested in buying the holy symbol and likely the urn. I would like to suggest we offer the church the first opportunity at any items for sale."

Lightly touching the scarf on her head, she adds "It may also help when I go to negotiate with the church to see if they can remove a certain magical effect."


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

"We didn't retrieve much in the short time I was with you. But, I'm fine with kicking in some of my share to get everything properly identified."


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Smiling at Qari, Kito says "Thank you!

It shouldn't cost more than about 25 gold for me to get a scroll. I can learn the spell from the scroll, allowing me to cast it repeatedly. Learning it does destroy the scroll, though."

1,201 to 1,250 of 5,004 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.