Mummy's Mask

Game Master Samy

GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Campaign --- Day 26 --- Google Drive Folder --- Experience --- Treasure --- Relationships --- Maps (Empty Graves)
Panic Level: 13

Party Inits:
[dice=Initiative Aleris]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Deseri]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Harmose]1d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Kito]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Polux]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Qari]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Ra-Khefer]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Initiative Turel]1d20+2[/dice]

[dice=Perception Aleris]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Deseri]1d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Perception Harmose]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Perception Kito]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Perception Polux]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Perception Qari]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Perception Ra-Khefer]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Perception Turel]1d20+9[/dice]


1,451 to 1,500 of 5,004 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

I'm in the train home right now to post in detail but... Polux is gonna throw some sand in the gears :P


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

"Wow!" Qari couldn't muster much more than that to start with. "That's a big step all right. Are you sure you want to do that? And remember all those traps we just encountered? I bet there are a ton more of them in the next place we go check. It's going to be really dangerous for you, for the rest of us, not to mention for a baby you might be carrying. I'd think really hard about this if I were you. If, on the other hand, you decide this is a course of action you are bound to pursue, then of course, you've got my full support!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kito has a puzzled look, hearing some of the comments. Whatever her thoughts, she doesn't make any immediate comments.

It has only taken a week for the groups to have cleared the first set of buildings. It is going to be months before a human baby would even show. Am I missing something, or are they?


4 people marked this as a favorite.
HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

"I'd rather you would not do it Deseri" - Polux puts in from across the table, eyes staring at his drink - "We are all entitled to carry mementos of the dear departed" - he chuckles bitterly, and shrugs - "I do it" - his finger toying along the edges of the glass - "But when they are gone, they are gone, except from maybe our memories, our dreams, and even our pain"

It seems like lifting his eyes to meet Deseri's is a tremendous effort, but he does it, pulling the cowl back - "Some of us endure it, some others do not, but it is up to us to deal with it. Children are not mementos... They are about the only pure thing in the world... Bringing one into existence like that... For me, it is selfishness, and placing an unrequested burden on him or her" - his words trail off.

"In the end, it is truly none of my business really. I shouldn't even be giving an opinion in such a personal matter, but you did ask" - he stands there, staring at the beautiful woman, his eyes seemingly taking in some of the light from the hearth, and coming almost alive on their own.

Yet, he has nothing else to say.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Frowning at Polux's words, Kito replies "That isn't true, Polux!"

"My understanding is that The Boneyard is a different plane. Death may change a person, but they aren't destroyed. They just travel someplace we can't follow. If they were gone, reincarnation wouldn't work!"

Looking towards Deseri, she adds "Continuing a bloodline can also have value. Bloodlines can carry power. Unfortunately, not all power is good. What do you know of Bentu's bloodline?"


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Sitting silently let the others have their say until Polux speaks up, Sehhosep & Bentu have been trying for years to have a child. That child would not be a memento but more of a dream finally realized. I still have not finished speaking to the two of them on this matter. And I would not knowingly bring a child into a bad situation.

Taking a deep calming breath she looks around at the others and continues, I understand your concern and I thank you for the honesty, everyone. While I know the child might be in danger from something that can happen in the tomb there are dangers everywhere. I was not ra.. Lowering her eyes to the table again as she trails off.

Closing her eyes and taking another deep breath, I was not raised to sit ideally by should I carry a child. Bringing life into the world would not stop mine. Besides I have to still talk to them and it is not the right time to be making a baby. And the first area was cleared in a matter of days. And I wasn't near the front anyways. Turning towards Aleris, How many areas are there that we have to explore?

Did you enjoy throwing the sand Ploux? This is weird side of the argument to be on too. Normally I would have Polux's view.


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Turning to answer Kito with a small smile at the defense, Not much Kito but I will ask about that when I leave this table to go speak with them.


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

Can't say it is joyous to rain on the parade for something so honorable as what Deseri is planning to do, but Polux also has a gloomier side to him. I decided to let it shine through some.

And we need some discussion every once in a while!

Yeah... I enjoyed it :P

Polux looks back and forth between Kito and Deseri, his nostrils evidencing the slightest hint of anger, but then he nods, raising his glass to them without another word.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

"In the end, Deseri, it's your decision. Just let us know what you decide and we'll support you."

Harmose looks at Polux, raises an eyebrow.

Bluff Secret Message, DC 15: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 13

Whatever message he wanted to give to Polux is lost. Clearly, Harmose has been startled by Deseri's revelation. It's thrown him off his game.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Inactive

Rather surprised by Polux's sudden change in demeanor, Aleris' eyes flit anxiously from him to Deseri and Kito and then back again. Perhaps sensing his anger, she reflexively places a hand on his arm. "You're right," she says quietly. "Loved ones who have gone will always have life in the minds and hearts of those that remember them. But aren't all children the legacy of their parents in some way, whether for good or for ill? This isn't a case of simply needing an heir or someone wanting a child as an accessory to their own greatness."

She looks at Deseri, who has shown more seriousness in just a few minutes than she has over the past several days put together.

She's not being flippant about this at all. That's good.

"It's ultimately up to Deseri and her friends. And I think we need to trust Deseri to know whether or not her friends have the right reasons in mind for doing this. It sounds as if they do...and that should the baby come to be, then it will be loved. And Shelyn teaches that love is never born of evil."


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

"It is indeed up to them" - Polux replies at Aleris's words - "And I meant no different"

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Okay, here we go with some information coming from the library studies.

Extensive study at the library seems hopeless for hours upon hours, but when the sun is starting to set and twilight is approaching, one of you finally unearths a little bit of information.

Library: Your second site is an estate that belonged to the family of a man named Pentheru. Like many minor Osirian nobles, Pentheru owned a section of farmland and was responsible for its administration, overseeing the farmers who worked the land and the distribution of grain, and ensuring the proper taxes were paid to the local authorities and the Keleshite sultan in Sothis who ruled Osirion at the time. Pentheru the Elder started construction of the estate but passed away during its construction. His son, Pentheru the Younger, inherited his lands and title and finished the house.

Earlier, during the best daylight, when others are still finding nothing at the library, Polux climbs up onto the wall between the Necropolis and Asp district, trying to get a good look at the estate. He finds a place with a very good view, sketching up his best estimate of the estate's layout. This best estimate can now be found in Google Drive under the file House of Pentheru. It is a two-story building, with the lower right corner representing the shape of the second floor.

You may head out to the House of Pentheru on Day 8 if you wish.

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Commoner 1

Level Up: You have reached Level 2. You may level your characters at your leisure.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Hit Points: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Will raise Con to 12


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Unless Ra-Khefer has something to add we can call this an wrap. After work is over I will post Deseri with the Nahhs. Also I am ok with moving on to the next area.

Sense Motive on Harmose: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5That was what I thought it would be.

Fidgeting in her seat, Thank you all for your honesty. Ra-Khefer you have been silent on the matter.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

”I’m sorry, will you excuse me?” Harmose gets up, his head all confused. Suddenly he can’t breathe. He runs up to the second floor, towards stars and fresh air.

Deseri. She was willing to carry the child of a dying man. It was one of the most meaningful and beautiful things that Harmose had heard. And what have you done to help anyone but you? When your god asked, ‘Are you even worth saving?’ and your soul was weighed and found wanting, what did you do to repay this great gift you’ve been given? You’ve played at mysteries with this archaeological experiment, but for the most part you’ve danced along through life. You’ve coasted on your charm. Another useless societal ornament.

“No, I’m better than that...”

Prove it.

Shaking, Harmose grabs his feather and steps out into the private courtyard by their rooms. Raising it high over his head, he looks up at the endless sky. “Horus, lord of two horizons, what am I doing? Guide me! Remake me! I am your instrument.”

SO BE IT.

And once again, Harmose feels like he’s being lifted in the wings of a falcon, though he knows his feet are still on Farhaan’s tiled floor by the fountain. And the garden spins around him as he falls, feeling the weight of his deity’s will, remaking him.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Inactive

Aleris quickly withdraws her hand from Polux's arm, sensing that the man had no desire to speak any further on the topic of Deseri and the decision looming before her. As the table descends into a rather uncomfortable silence, she does glance over at Ra-Khefer when Deseri asks for his opinion on the matter.

Ra-Khefer seems like the sort who would agree with Polux. Either that or he'll not want to touch the topic with a 10 foot pole.

Her thoughts are interrupted when Harmose suddenly stands and excuses himself from the table. She looks up with surprise, just in time to catch a glimpse of his back as he practically bolts up the stairs. "Wha...Harmose?" She looks at the others in alarm. "What just happened?" Without waiting for an answer, she rises from her seat as well and hurries up the stairs after him. "Harmose, wait! What's wrong???"

Is he mad at me? Because I touched Polux's arm?

She can feel a tightness settle into her chest at the thought, as though someone had just slipped a metal band around her that was slowly squeezing the life out of her.

No, Harmose isn't like that, he'd say something if you upset him...right?

As she reaches the door to Harmose's room the sound of his voice reaches her, but not from within his room. Instead, it comes from the small courtyard just ahead.

Is he talking to someone?

She enters the courtyard just in time to see the sorcerer collapse to the ground and immediately rushes to his side. "Harmose! Harmose, can you hear me?" she cries frantically as she attempts to assess his condition.

Heal: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Scarab Sages

M Oread Fighter (Unbreakable) L4 | AC20 (T10FF20) CMD 18 (20 vs. bull rush) | hp 48/52 | Saves F7R1W1 | Percep +0 | Init: +0 | Status: Infected Con-1, Cha-1
Deseri wrote:
Ra-Khefer you have been silent on the matter.

"What?"

Looking a little surprised, he turns a light shade of purple as all eyes fall on him.
"Nothing to say. None of my buisiness." He said gruffly.
He tugged at the collar of his dress shirt. "Say, does it seem warm in here to you?"


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6
Aleris Somciel wrote:
Aleris quickly withdraws her hand from Polux's arm, sensing that the man had no desire to speak any further on the topic of Deseri and the decision looming before her.

"It's ok" - he offers as Aleris recoils - "I'm sure I'll eventually end up believing in abnegation, if I am in your company long enough" - and smiles.

Harmose Al-Nefer wrote:

"In the end, Deseri, it's your decision. Just let us know what you decide and we'll support you."

Harmose looks at Polux, raises an eyebrow.

[Bluff Secret Message, DC 15]...

Whatever message he wanted to give to Polux is lost. Clearly, Harmose has been startled by Deseri's revelation. It's thrown him off his game.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Polux raises an inquisitive eyebrow at Harmose, seemingly about to speak, but instead remaining silent.

Ra-Khefer wrote:
He tugged at the collar of his dress shirt. "Say, does it seem warm in here to you?"

"Very much so" - the scout gets up - "I will get us something fresh to drink"

Passing by Deseri he gently puts a hand on her shoulder - "You'll do great" - and moves off to get someone to order the drinks from.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

He's flying in a rain of feathers, and the air is thick and syrupy. It feels sweet when he breathes it in. Then he hears a voice in the distance, calling out to him. Aleris? He can't make out what she's saying, but he opens his eyes, the garden still spinning dizzily around him. So he focuses on Aleris.

"හෙලෝ ලස්සන. මම මගේ දෙවියන් සමග පියාසර කර තියෙනවා." He smiles into her face.

Auran:
"Hello beautiful. I've been flying with my god."

As he raises his arm to touch her face, feathers fall back to the floor. He's lying on a pile of them.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kito watches as first Harmose and then Aleris quickly leave. I wonder what I missed this time. Should I send Thera up to see? No, she is likely to just make trouble. Maybe someone will fill me in eventually.

Deseri called this little meeting, but hopefully she will not consider it too rude to talk about our main task.

Looking towards Polux, she asks "Would it make sense to gather before dawn to watch Pentheru's estate, see if any undead flee the rising sun?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

Soon returning with one of the Tooth and Hookah employees, Polux motions for the table - "These people are needing a drink" - he smiles at his companions - "And I am too - the coldest white wine you can muster" - he smiles at the girls waiter - "I'll leave the others to chose what they would like"

Kito the Scholar wrote:
Looking towards Polux, she asks "Would it make sense to gather before dawn to watch Pentheru's estate, see if any undead flee the rising sun?"

"I can't say if we should be expecting undead or not, but in the eventual possibility that we do encounter them, your plan sounds solid to me - the more information we have, the more chances of success" - he nods - "Do you wish to join me? We may have to evade a patrol here and there though" - he winks at Kito.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel watches his two family members leave with an unreadable look on his face. With a small sigh, he nods in agreement with Polux. "This is a sound plan. Once the area is clear we should scout the outlying buildings for any surprises."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Seeing Harmose and Aleris flee and Ra-Khefer opt out of the conversation Deseris eyes zero in on her glass. Thank you all. And that sound like a good idea Polux. If you need me for that I can help.

At the Naahn's
Once the conversation at the Tooth and Hooka comes to an end Deseri excuses herself and heads over to Sehhosep & Bentu Naahn's home. After coming inside and sitting with the two of them. So about the whole baby thing. I am more than happy to do this for the two of you but I will have some terms of my own. So long as you are still wanting me too considering some of the problems I have had. And if you still want my unknown bloodline to mingle with Bentu's.

If they still want her to:
Fidgeting around, I want to do this but I still want to help with the Necropolises. I will stay further in the back while exploring. This is your child but I would still like to be part of the child's life. I know I am not ready to be a parent in truth but I doubt I will want to have nothing to do with the child. I do not want the child to suffer and I am sure this will be hard for you, Sehhosep, expecially with Bentu.. Gulping a breath, gone. And I want to help


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Surprised, Kito asks "Do the morning patrols really care?"

Not waiting for a reply, she waves her hand as she announces "If it is a matter of evading patrols, Thera may be able to help. It will likely amuse her."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Thrush

Hearing it's name, the small bird immediately perks up and looks towards Kito.

"سمعت اسمي عشيقة. هل هناك شيء يمكنني القيام به؟"

Osiriani:
I heard my name mistress. Is there something I can do?

Kito and the bird have a short discussion in Osiriani about the prospect.

The bird happily chirps "سيكون من دواعي سروري أن الكشفية الدوريات بالنسبة لك."

Osiriani:
It would be my pleasure to scout the patrols for you.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kito chuckles and announces "As I expected, Thera agreed to help."

Kito then gets a bit more of the bird feed from her pouch and gives it to Thera.


HP: 48/48 || AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+3 armor, +3 Dex) || Inspiration (+1d6, 6/day) || Init +3
Current Status:
HP: 45/48 // AC: 23 = 17[Regular] + 2 [Natural AC from Mutagen] + 4 [Shield Extract] or 25 (assuming Prot Evil) // Effects: // Inspiration left: 5/6

"Yeah, I got that" - Polux smiles.

"أنا واثق من أننا سوف يكون على ما يرام مع ثيرا يراقب فوق رؤوسنا"

Heavily accented Osiriani:

"I am sure we will be fine with Thera watching over us"


Female Tiefling (Kyton-Spawn) HydroKineticist 4 | HP 39/41 | AC 15/13/12 | F+8,R+7,W+2 | Init. +3, Perception +7 | Darkvision 60' | +6 RTA on Cold Energy blast | + 4 trait bonus on saving throws made to resist hot conditions and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws against fire

Qari was growing restless. It was time for them to be heading to the next building soon. There was more knowledge to be discovered. Maybe something that could tell her more about her powers. She hasn't told the others, but she had figured out a couple new tricks to do with her water mastery. Everyone seemed so busy with their own issues that she held her tongue. She'd let them see soon enough.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Inactive

Aleris looks nonplussed both by what she's seeing and hearing. Harmose speaking to her in Auran, that wasn't too strange. Maybe he'd been taking lessons from Kito to surprise her. But that still didn't explain where all the feathers came from. Suddenly, she's not sure whether to be relieved, angry, or confused. Or maybe all three at once.

"Wait, what?" she blinks. "Harmose, is this some sort of joke?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose stares up at her, trying to makes sense of her words. What language is she speaking? He looks at her open-mouthed, as slowly, painfully, the meaning of the Taldan words comes back to him.

"මට සමාවෙන්න. මට විනාඩි කිහිපයක් බව විග්රහ කළ ගත්හ. මම ... "

Auran:

"I'm sorry. It took me a few minutes to parse that. I..."

He breaks off, concentrates and then slowly speaks the words. "It's like... I'm... relearning... how to speak... this language. Does this... make sense? Not joking. Wouldn't do that. Not to you. I flew with Horus." He pulls up his sleeves. "New spells. New... other things."

As he looks down at his tattoos, his eyes widen. "ගුවන් මම කියවන්න පුළුවන් !"

Auran:

"Aleris, I can read myself! I can read me!"


Inactive

Kn. Religion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Kn. Arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Kn. Planes: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Though she'd never met such a case herself, Aleris remembered hearing a story once about a halfling that had prayed to anyone who would answer for the ability to cure those suffering from a plague. Supposedly she had her wish granted, gaining healing powers to rival any trained cleric or holy warrior, but had suffered the loss of most of her vision in return. Was this something similar?

"Make sense? Not...not entirely...but if you say that you're not joking, then I'll have to take your word for it," she responds hesitantly. "Strange things happen in this world, after all...but you say you can 'read' yourself? You mean read your tattoos?"

As she watches him marvel at his markings with new understanding, she coughs awkwardly. "Um...ඒ නිසා මම ඉල්ලා අනුමාන Kito ඔබට ඉගැන්වූ නම් මෙම භාෂාව, හහ්, නොවටිනා ප්රශ්නයක් වන්නේ ඇයි?"

Auran:

"So I guess asking if Kito taught you this language is a silly question, huh?"


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose concentrates again. The words are coming a little quicker, but they were still not flowing with his normal fluidity and dazzle. "Tattoos. Yes. I can read them. If I practice, I think the Taldan words... return?"

"නැහැ, කුරුළු මට උගන්වන්න නෑ." Harmose says, gently smiling up at her. "මෙම නිම් වළලු දෙකක් සමිඳාණන් වහන්සේගේ , ගුවන් භාෂාව වේ. මම ඔහු මට මේ සහ පෞරාණික දිව යන දෙකම පරිත්යාග හිතනවා."

Auran:
"No, Kito did not teach me."

"This is the language of creatures of Grace and Air, from Horus, the Lord of two horizons. I think he gifted both this and the ancient tongue to me."


Inactive

Aleris feels her eyes grow wide. Despite what she'd just said about strange things, it's still difficult for her to believe that she may have just witnessed the tail-end of a...miracle?

"හරි...එය එසේ වන නම්, දැන් මොකද කරන්නේ? අන් අය ඔබට හදිසියේ Taldane තුළ හැඟීමක් කතා කරන්නේ නැහැ කරන්නේ ඇයි කල්පනා කරන්න යන්නේ," she asks as she gets to her feet and offers her hand. "ඔබ සිටින හැකිද?"

The mention of the others suddenly reminds Aleris of why they're both up here in the first place. "ඒ වගේ ඇයි ඔබ ඉවතට කළේ??? ඔබ ඇත්තටම මට වද තිබුණා...හා අනෙක් අය ද, මට විශ්වාසයි!" she says sharply, hoping that Harmose will ignore that she was the only one who had chased after him. "එය Polux පවසයි දෙයක් ද? හෝ...හෝ මම කරපු?"

Auran:

"Okay...if that's the case, then what now? The others are going to wonder why you're suddenly not talking sense in Taldane."

"Can you stand?"

"Why did you run off like that??? You really had me worried...and the others too, I'm sure!"

"Was it something that Polux said? Or...or that I did?"


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose puts his hand on hers. "It's back coming... no... it's coming back. Just need practice, and the words... bounce? fall. The words fall into place."

He stands, one hand prestidigitating the feathers into a neat pile. He puts them in a sack, then responds. "මම , හොඳ හෝ ප්රයෝජනවත් වී ඇති බව මම ප්රමාණවත් හිතපු නිසා දිව්වා. මම මොනවද සිදු කර ඇත ගුවන් හා අලංකාර මගේ කුමරිය ?" He looks sad for a moment, then resolute. "මම මගේ දෙවියන් උදව් සඳහා වඩා හොඳ හා වඩා සුදුසු දෙයක් බවට පත් වෙමින් සිටියා."

When she brings up her concerns, his eyes grow warm and he touches her cheek. "ඔබ දොස් එපා. ඔබ සහ අනෙක් අය මෙතෙක් මට සිද්ධ උන හොඳම දේ වේ. මම මගේ ආදරය කරන පිරිසත් කිරීමට බොහෝ දේ තිබෙනවා. ඔබ එය මට ඇරඹෙන වෙලාව හරි නැද්ද?"

Auran:
"I ran because I felt inadequate in the wake of Deseri's actions. What have I done that has been good, or useful, my lady of air and beauty?"

"I asked Horus for help in becoming something better and more worthy."

"Don't blame yourself. You and the others are the best thing that ever happened to me. I have much to atone for, my love. Don't you think it's time that I begin?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Inactive

"එය සාධාරණ නැහැ," she whispers, her own voice tinged with sadness. "ඔබ සිදු...එය ඔබේ වරදක් නොවේ. ඔබ වැරදිකාරිය ප්රමාණවත් දැනෙනවා විය යුතුය."

But fair or not, it's the hand he's been dealt. Are you going to help him or hinder him, Aleris?

"එහෙත්, ඔබ පව් කමාව ඔබට අවශ්ය දේ වෙයි කියලා නම් මම මගේ හොඳම ඔබ එය සොයා ගැනීමට උදව් කිරීමට කරන්නම්. මම අන් අය විසින් ද, මම දන්නවා. අප සියලු පවුලේ හා පවුල් එකිනෙකාට උපකාර වෙනවා," she replies, her expression unusually solemn.

His hand still in hers, she pulls him back towards the stairs leading down to the common room. "ඔවුන් ලබා ගන්නේ කෙසේද පිස්සු හෝ ක්රියාකාරීත්වය අඩාල කෙරේ උනත්," she finally chuckles. "පළමු Deseri දෙමාපියන් සලකා සහ ඉන් අනතුරුව, Horus සමග ස්වයං-සොයා ගැනීම පිළිබඳ ඉන්ද්රජාලික ගමනක් යන්න තීරණය. සමහර විට අප සියලු ඊළඟ Pentheru වන මන්දිරයේ දී අවබෝධය සොයා එන්නම්! ඉදිරියට එන්න," she laughs.

Auran:

"It's not fair."

"What happened to you...it wasn't your fault. You shouldn't have to feel guilty or inadequate."

"But if you think that atonement is what you need, then I'll do my best to help you find it. And I know the others will, too. We're all a family and families support each other."

"No matter how crazy or dysfunctional they get."

"First Deseri decides to consider parenthood and then you go on a magical journey of self-discovery with Horus! Maybe we'll all find enlightenment at the House of Pentheru next! Come on."


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

He grins and offers his arm to her. "මම ඕනෑම තැනක , ඔබ සමඟ මගේ නෝනා එන්නම්."

Auran:
"I'll go anywhere with you, Aleris."

________
And... we're done, GM! Feel free to move us on to the House of Pentheru.


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Kito spends a little more time chatting with the others.

Finally, she excuses herself saying "We have an early day tomorrow. I best get some rest."

Cheerfully waving she says "Good night!" and heads up the stairs to her room.

Anything said past here is in Osiriani.

Getting to her room, she removes the hated scarf and peers again at her forehead. "Fading, but I still see traces of it!" She sighs in exasperation. "Hopefully by morning."

She prepares herself and Thera for sleep. As she drifts off, she has one last thought. I do hope that Polux, Ra-Khefer and Qari tell the others about our early start.

---

Ready for pre-sunrise start to the next day!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel nods to Kito as she heads off to her room. "Sleep well my friend. Tomorrow will be an eventful day. Also I would join you and Polux in your scouting trip, if it pleases you."

Once he has retired to his room, he immediately climbs onto his bed and drifts off into a troubled sleep where he relives the near death experience...except now the earth seems to whisper its secrets to him.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Wrapping up Day 7, Deseri at the Naahn house solo scene, at the end of Day 7

Sehhosep and Bentu Naahn have no problems with the conditions that Deseri herself sets out for the process. "Everything you say is fine, Deseri", the more outspoken Sehhosep states. "You can be as involved or as uninvolved with the child as you feel at any given time." They seem relatively calm about the issue, despite Deseri pointing out how difficult it might be. Perhaps they are in denial, to some degree. Or maybe they've just been dealing with the issue for a long time and have made their way to the acceptance phase. "We are deeply grateful and appreciate any and all steps of caution that you will take, but we also know that exploring the Necropolis is not exactly the safest of jobs. We're not stupid, we understand there is risk", Sehhosep smiles. A lengthy discussion ensues into the late hours of the night (possibly leaving Deseri tired in the morning, as she won't have much time to sleep), covering various details and eventualities, as Sehhosep and Bentu reassure Deseri that they are okay with her bloodline, her conditions, her risk-taking and everything. They make a point out of making sure that Deseri knows that they know what they are getting themselves into. No illusions here. They're good with this thing.

Then we move on, to the second dungeon of this adventure.

DAY 8

You get up and group up before dawn, making your way to the Asp district in the hopes of being able to observe something useful from a good vantage point over the Necropolis. Despite your efforts, you fail to obtain any useful information. You manage to get a line of sight to the House of Pentheru, but it's distant enough that humanoid sized things would be tough to see even in full daylight, let alone among the long shadows of sunrise. After being denied any useful information, you make your way to the Necropolis gate while the sun is still low, and make your way through the Necropolis to the House of Pentheru, which is reasonably easy to locate with the map you have.

You enter the House of Pentheru map (on Google Drive) at the bottom edge of the top half. (The top half represents ground level.) You are at the only gate that interrupts the walls.

B1. OUTER GATE

Sandstone walls ten feet high enclose this estate, affording those who once lived inside some privacy. A two-story stone house is visible beyond the walls, adjoining the rear wall of the property. In the center of the estate’s southern wall stands a pair of tarnished bronze gates hanging partially open. A pair of statues flanks the gate. Dusty hieroglyphs are carved into the wall at eye level to the left of the gate.

The hieroglyphs read “House of Pentheru” in Ancient Osiriani. The statues depict two men with a regal bearing and dressed in loose, short robes and traditional Osirian head cloths.

Perception DC 10 for statues:
There are small hieroglyphs on the statues’ bases that identify the figures as Pentheru the Elder and Pentheru the Younger.

The bronze gates are decrepit and appear to have been broken open long ago. There is no means to secure them, and they would not stand much punishment.

Whenever you move on from the statues and through the open gates, you end up in a small courtyard.

B2. OUTER COURTYARD

Dust and sand cover the ground of this small courtyard. To the east and west stand pairs of columns, once brightly painted and now bleached from the sun, which support stone archways leading to other section of the property. Tarnished bronze gates hang open under both arches. To the north, a small flight of steps leads up to a pair of ornate doors in the south wall of the house between another set of columns.

The wind has obliterated any tracks or signs of passage in the courtyard, giving the impression that no one has entered the grounds in years. The gates are comparable to the ones described in area B1.

Also, everyone roll Perception for area B2. If you also roll Perception for the statues in B1, make sure to label your rolls so that I know which is which.


Spells left 1st (6/6) 2nd (4/4) Aasimar (native outsider) Oracle (Seer) Lvl 4/ hp 32-38 Init +2/ Per +3/ darkvision 60ft/ CMB +4, CMD 16, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3; (+2 vs curses)/ hp 38/ 5 resist vs acid, cold, & electricity/ Active conditions:

Looking tired and like she has not had enough sleep Deseri offers a small smile when she sees the others. As they head off she walks over to Harmose, Are you ok Harmose? I am sorry I if I bothered you with my questions.

Statues: 1d20 ⇒ 8
area B2: 1d20 ⇒ 19Woot I might notice something!


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Perception B1, +2 for Thera: 10 + 2 = 12

Reading at the base of the statues, Kito mentions "I wonder how much artistic license was taken with the statues." Looking up, she adds "At least we know what the two men looked like, the younger" gesturing to the left "and the elder." gesturing to the right.

Perception, B2, +2 for Thera: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Looking around, Kito asks "Shall we do a tour of the outdoors first?"


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Harmose smiles at Deseri. "Am I okay?" He echoes the question, still a millisecond too slow in processing the Taldane. The words were coming back faster and faster, crowding his head and shouting in his brain like a flock of fishwives in the bazaar. He had new tattoos whose purpose he didn't fully understand, and his body and head felt like he was learning it all over again. But last night he'd been remade as he flew with his god, and despite everything he felt at one with the world. "I think... I think I've never been more okay, if that makes sense. I'm sorry that I ran out on you last night before we were done talking. But please let me make it..." he pauses searching for the word. Left? Down? Back? Up. Up like in the air with his god. Yes, that was the one. "...up to you. I think what you are doing is... so glorious ...so selfless that it caused me to rethink what I'm doing. A good thing, Deseri."

Perception (B1): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

He reads the inscriptions, marveling that they make sense now.

Perception (B2): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

"Yes, Kito. By all means, let's explore the outside!"

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

When you pass through the first gate into the inner courtyard, there is momentarily an eerie silence, and every sound from the outside world seems to fade out, into the background. The cawing of vultures, the whistle of wind, they all seem muffled as an almost supernatural silence seems to settle for a moment, as if the world were holding its breath.

Then, you can hear the noise of a crowd, emanating from the direction of the gates you just passed, as if coming from outside the compound. You can't make out any exact words, but the tone is angry, hostile. It sounds like a lynch mob, or a crowd gone crazy. Crying for blood. The voices sound like they are going to make someone die.

Then, from inside the courtyard -- the voice emanates from somewhere around you, but you can't pinpoint the exact location -- a woman's voice shouts something. After that, the ruined gates begin to shake and rattle, as if some great unseen force had gripped them and was trying to tear and wrench them off.

Ancient Osiriani:
The woman's voice says, "Hold the gates! Don't let them inside the compound!"

This is a haunt mechanism.

Perception (B2) DC 20:
You notice the sounds before others do, and you can take a single standard action.

Knowledge (religion) DC 10:
You know that this is a haunt, and you know that positive energy can harm a haunt.


Male Human (Keleshite) Undead Tattooed Sorcerer 3 / Heavens Oracle 1 | 21/21 HP | AC 13 T12 FF 11 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+3 W+5 (+2 Circumstance vs Death Effects) | Init +11 | Per +10, SM +2 | Speed 30 ft | Arcane Spell 7/7; Divine Spells 5/5 | Active Conditions: Good Cop, Bad Cop or Awesome Cop?

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Any other vulnerabilities, Samy?

Harmose's eyes narrow. A haunt. It doesn't want them here.... He shouts a warning to the others, but only somehow only Auran comes out. "මෙම ගැවසුම් ප්රදේශයකි වේ, එය දොරටු වසා හදන්නේ ! ධනාත්මක ශක්තිය සමග එය හිට් !"

Auran:
"This is a haunt, it's trying to close the gates! Hit it with positive energy, quick!"

Harmose slams his hand to the earth, pumping positive energy into it.
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Commoner 1

Harmose's positive energy damages but does not entirely destroy the haunt.

Harmose only:
Harmose knows that the haunt, even if disabled temporarily by positive energy, would re-manifest after some time, but he reasons that a permanent way of putting it to rest would be to sanctify and repair the compound's outer gate. This would involve a sprinkling of holy water, plus a moderate Craft (metalworking) roll, a difficult Disable Device roll, or a make whole spell.


Resources:
Ki Pool 5/5
Male (Garundi) Human Monk 4 (Terra-Cotta) AL LG | HP 30/30 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 15 | CMD 21 | F +5 | R +6 | W +7 | +1 trait bonus vs. divine magic. | Init +2 | Per +11 [Trap Intuition +2/+4 if stone]

Turel moves cautiously into the inner courtyard, forgoing the statues to focus on the surrounding area.

Perception (B2): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

The voices coming from behind the party surprise him and he whirls around prepared to defend them from attack...

Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Despite his recent studies on various religious themes, the nature of this eludes him...

He turns to face Harmose, a questioning look in his eye only to be replaced by confusion as he speaks in a tongue Turel had never heard him speak before...

By the Gods...what happened to him...

As he watches Harmose channel the energy into the ground, a feat he had never shown any inking before, he grips his spear tightly and fights a feeling of impending doom.

We should never have disturbed these souls...


Inactive

Perception (B1): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Though she'd peered at the statues with some interest, Aleris found that the hieroglyphs were largely lost on her as she couldn't read them. "I'll have to take your word for it on what they say," she nods as Kito explains what the pictures mean. "As far as artistic license goes though, I doubt they've taken too much. Um, this is purely coming from an outsider's perspective but the culture doesn't seem the type. Now if we were in Taldor, that'd be another story..."

Perception (B2): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Aleris hears the sounds and turns to look back behind them, though the words don't make any sense to her.

Sounds like it's the local language, maybe?

Kn. Religion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

When her eyes register the gates shaking and rattling for no discernible reason, the pieces click into place. Apparently they click for Harmose too, because she hears him voice the same conclusion she'd come to. But...

Why's he yelling in Auran? No one understands it besides me and Kito!

Deciding to save that question for later, she calls upon her own divine power to attempt to quiet the haunt.

"It's a...a haunt! Positive energy should take care of it!"

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 Harmose, this is your fault somehow...

Hey wait, was that positive energy he just used!?


Female Human NG Witch 4 | Wand CLW 2/50 | HP 23/23 | AC 14 Tch 10 Fl 14 | CMB +2 CMD +12 | F +3 R +1 W +4 +1 vs fire +4 heat | Init +0 | Perc +1, +2 when Thera near | Speed 30 | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Still thinking about what sort of person needs a statue of themselves at the gate, Kito is surprised when the voices cry out. The gates were destroyed long ago. She looks towards the destroyed gates as Harmose shouts his warning.

Still too confused to act, she stands there trying to understand what is happening.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Commoner 1

Aleris' initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 goes before haunt

(Harmose didn't even need to roll with his init modifier.)

Aleris knows the same about the haunt as Harmose did, and may look inside the Harmose only spoiler a few posts back.

The positive energy channeled by Harmose and Aleris disrupts the odd otherworldly sensations, and everything returns back to normal. The mob voices fade away, the rattling of the gate ceases, and reality reasserts its normal noises again. The vultures caw in the sky again, the wind whistles again...everything is as it was before.

Harmose and Aleris:
You feel confident that the haunt was going to have some sort of an effect on the group, but you stopped it in time, preventing it from doing anything.

You have gained 600xp for surviving the haunt.

1,451 to 1,500 of 5,004 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Samy's Mummy's Mask Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.