Legacy of Fire : A Journey through the Sands (Inactive)

Game Master inxpitter

Combat Map
Kelmarane Environs


951 to 1,000 of 1,066 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

December 26th Update

Kalyx feigns thinking, tapping one spindly finger to the side of her temple.

"The guy in charge knows smuggler fulfill a valuable service in securing goods and harder to obtain materials. It is not about race per se....more of strength. Normally I charge extra given the lengths to secure the products, but for you...a fellow connoisseur I'll sell at market price."

She ends her sentence revealing smile full of rotting teeth.

Is everyone waiting for the Kardswann to give his commands then?


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

"You've got yourself a deal, girl! Though I'd recommend taking that money to a dentist. Can't get the most out of your pesh chew with choppers like those, plus a winning smile's got a lot of other benefits."

She gives Kalyx a wink and opens her purse and provides the cash.

I'd planned on scoping the place out a bit once I was done with this purchase, but if everyone else wants to move forward with Kardswann, I'm game.


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Yeah, I don't know how much more scoping we can do, but if we can do it, then let's do that. Otherwise, let's move on!


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

I was planning on doing a loop around the first floor at least to get the lay of the land before going upstairs. Sound good to do before our time's up and we see Kardshark? :P


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Good to me.


December 26th Update

Okee doke, hearing the more vocal players agree, we'll move on to the next part.

A thunderous pound, three times in succession, trembles the earth itself. And as the smugglers look on towards the center area, it seems clear to you that you all have been summoned to return.

Kardswann smiles as you re-enter his view, his large arms holding a battleax that could easily be mistaken for scythe with the size of its back edge. He leans in and announces in a thunderous bass voice.

"I have decided how you can prove your loyalty and worth!"

Wings momentarily blot out the sun as a harpie circles around, a glint of stell falling in the air, and a small, dingy dagger falls into the center of the arena. The harpie with dark purple plumage lands next to Kardswann, leaning against his large form affectionately.

"You all will slaughter each other until one remains. They may have the honor of joining us here with all privileges it entails. "

His eyes glint with glee as he waves one hand in the air.

"May the strongest survive..." he says, a form of encouragement for the lambs at the slaughter.


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

Zoisa's jaw drops when Kardswann explains the game to them, then looks to the others with a concerned look on her face.

"Tell me we're not considering this. We're a team! I like all you guys! Not to mention even I think this is a stupid hiring method!" she whispers to the rest of the group.


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Arian snorts loudly. "Seriously? You think a hardened mercenary company is going to come here just to murder each other and get nothing from it? Try again. We'll fight, but I'm not going to stab the people who watch my back in the middle of knife-in-the-back-town. Put one of your own boys on the line."

Sovereign Court

female Half-Orc Cleric 4
Spoiler:
AC 17/T10/FF17 HP 19/27 F+8 R+2 W+8 Init +0 Perception +3

"Or better bring your sorry ass here! Oh wait. Master chicken wouldn´t do so!"


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

Zoisa listens to her companions stand up to Kardswann and then looks up to the big man with a grin.

"This is a test, isn't it?" Zoisa calls up to him.

"What good are hired swords if they will stab each other in the back with a rusty knife the minute the offer's presented? And why get only one treacherous sword-arm with great strength, when you can get a gang of them that you know have a bit more integrity than that? We're stronger together than any one of us could ever be alone, and if you want us, you get all of us, or none of us at all! So which is it, o cunning and mighty Kardswann?!"


December 26th Update

Kardswann grins as he hears your protests against his generous offer. From his mighty throne, he lifts a dirty sack and shakes it in the air. The unmistakable sound of gold clinking against each other can be heard in every corner of the battle market.

"Then it is time to put this battle stage to use! Honored guests!" he roars, and everyone you can see in the vicinity perks up and looks to the master of Kelmarane.

"I off you 500 gold pieces for each of the stranger's corpses!"

There is a moment of silence before all hell breaks loose.

I'll get a map updated and ready for battle, you can all roll me initiative and prep one move before s&@! goes down.


December 26th Update

Kardswann grins as he hears your protests against his generous offer. From his mighty throne, he lifts a dirty sack and shakes it in the air. The unmistakable sound of gold clinking against each other can be heard in every corner of the battle market.

"Then it is time to put this battle stage to use! Honored guests!" he roars, and everyone you can see in the vicinity perks up and looks to the master of Kelmarane.

"I off you 500 gold pieces for each of the stranger's corpses!"

There is a moment of silence before all hell breaks loose.

I'll get a map updated and ready for battle, you can all roll me initiative and prep one move before s!$% goes down.

Sovereign Court

female Half-Orc Cleric 4
Spoiler:
AC 17/T10/FF17 HP 19/27 F+8 R+2 W+8 Init +0 Perception +3

Faffnyr quickly casts Bless.


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

Zoisa gives a confident look to Kardswann.

"Respect, large one. If you're determined to go to an early grave, that can easily be arranged."

Then she speaks a few arcane words and disappears!

Zoisa casts vanish.


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Arian hefts her polearm menacingly, waving it in a large arc and preparing to cut down anyone who gets too close.


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Sovereign Court

female Half-Orc Cleric 4
Spoiler:
AC 17/T10/FF17 HP 19/27 F+8 R+2 W+8 Init +0 Perception +3

ini: 1d20 ⇒ 16


December 26th Update

General Enemy Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 11

While most of the denizens of the battle market immediately jump to their feet, no one actually rushes the stage. Each one is cautious, wary of you as much of each other.

However, big thudding footstep sound as a large bugbear reaches the edge of the arena and yells out.

"Hurvank the Strangler is here!"

He holds no weapon, but towers over you all as a large creature.

You all got the initiative, Players up!


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

Zoisa slips up to the newcomer to flank him, and then makes a swing with her scimitar, the invisibility breaking and making her seem to appear out of nowhere.

"And Zoisa the Magnificent is HERE!" she crows.

Sneak Attack!: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 71d4 + 1d6 + 0 ⇒ (2) + (5) + 0 = 7

Her swing goes wide, however, undercutting her dramatic entrance.


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Arian wastes no time in bringing her polearm to bear!

Glaive-guisarme attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

... also to no avail.

Sovereign Court

female Half-Orc Cleric 4
Spoiler:
AC 17/T10/FF17 HP 19/27 F+8 R+2 W+8 Init +0 Perception +3

Quickly casting divine favor, Faffnyr prepares for the battle.
Do not forget the bless!


Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

Josria quickly cast a spell sending an acid arrow at Hurvank, hoping it would do some damage.

acid arrow damage: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

"Nice one, Josie!" Zoisa quips.


December 26th Update

Zoisa and Arian both go for physical attacks, but each bounce off the tough ogre skin without finding purchase.

Faffnyr readies the party up with a bit of divine favor to push the odds in their favor.

Josria Touch attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Josria's acid arrow flies through the and easily finds the massive ogre who winces as the corrosive substance begins to work at its skin.

Hurvank the Strangler moves to attack the gnome, choosing her over the wild fighting style of Arian.

Unarmed Strike on Zoisa: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

"I will pop you small creature!" he roars ferociously.

Players up!

Sovereign Court

female Half-Orc Cleric 4
Spoiler:
AC 17/T10/FF17 HP 19/27 F+8 R+2 W+8 Init +0 Perception +3

Moving in to aid the others Faffnyr slashes at the enemy.
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 171d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Arian continues to take advantage of her reach, giving her the opportunity to strike at the ogre at the same distance that it strikes back.

Glaive-guisarme attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Glaive-guisarme damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

I thought Hurvank was the bugbear. Who's the ogre?

Hurvank's punch sends Zoisa spinning, but rights herself quickly.

"That's a mean right hook, ya got there, big man!"

She steps back and summons her magic shield to protect herself.

Zoisa attempts to cast shield defensively.

Concentration: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 4 = 10

Unfortunately, her brain being shaken up by that punch addles her casting, and the spell fizzles out. Zoisa swears very loudly in response.


Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

Touch Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

acid arrow: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6

Josria sent another acidic arrow flying at the large Hurvank.

I almost forgot to update my stats. So, I might have goofed but I think her touch ranged attacks are now at +2...unless the version of PCGen got something wrong.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Your ranged attack with the acid arrow should be +4: +2 from your sorcerer levels, +2 from your Dexterity of 14. But if you don't have the Precise Shot feat you take a -4 for firing into a melee.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
female Half-Orc Cleric 4
Spoiler:
AC 17/T10/FF17 HP 19/27 F+8 R+2 W+8 Init +0 Perception +3

and one more for bless?


December 26th Update

Round 2

Faffnyr moves in and delivers a quick strike against the orge, its ichor like blood spilling from the wound. As it turns to face her, Arian delivers a follow up strike that ellicits more pain from the monstrous humanoid. Zoisa tries to keep her magic in play but the blow from before has dazed her too much and she loses the magic. Josria prepares another spell attack, and given the ogre's massive size has little trouble hitting it instead of her allies. The acid burns into his skin as he grows more and more furious.

He reaches for Faffnyr to attack.

Unarmed Strike against Faffnyr: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Players up!


Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

Josria realizing that they need some backup, summons a golden scaled viper right behind the hulking ogre! The viper rears up and hisses as it readies to strike Hurvank!

She just summoned a celestial viper! Now do I roll for its attack or do you GM? I was going to have it use its smite evil attack, which should also give it a chance to poison the ogre too!


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

Scuttling away from Hurvank, Zoisa attempts to cast her spell again, this time with more success.

Zoisa casts shield, granting her a +4 shield bonus to AC, bringing it to 17 for 3 minutes (since Magical Knack increases my caster level for these purposes by one).

Sovereign Court

female Half-Orc Cleric 4
Spoiler:
AC 17/T10/FF17 HP 19/27 F+8 R+2 W+8 Init +0 Perception +3

Keeping up the pressure, and using the flanking viper, Faffnyr attacks again.
Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 281d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Confirm: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 161d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


December 26th Update

Arian, take a double move next round
Josria, you can roll for your pet monster, but I insist you roll for it consistently after or before your attack.

It took a bit but Faffnyr is able to return the attack she just received with a mighty swing of her scimitar Hurvank falls to one knee, breathing heavily.

"That bounty is ours!"

The bugbears you saw drinking at the bar have joined the frey, having finished their drinks and fetched their weapons. They number 3 and immediately split up, one going for Faffnyr, Zoisa, and Josria.

Players up!


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

"Can't catch what you can't see!" Zoisa says as she starts casting another spell.

Concentration: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 4 = 14

The spell fizzles again, prompting another swear from Zoisa.


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Ok, I guess I take a double move?


December 26th Update

Sorry, meant a double turn Arian. The bugbear team has gone for a one v one strategy and marked your party except for you so you have some flexibility on who'd you like to help out.


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Ah, I see.

Arian moves to support Zoisa, using the reach of her pole arm to good advantage.

Glaive-guisarme attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Glaive-guisarme damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Glaive-guisarme attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Glaive-guisarme damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

Okay.....My phone seriously hates Roll20. I can't see where my character and the celestial viper are. I'm trying to see if I can do a five step back and unleash burning hands on the bugbear coming for me. Plus I want to have the viper charge one of the other bugbears so a fellow PC can get some bonuses from flanking.


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

Where are you seeing this, Josria? The combat map I'm seeing is still the map of Kelmarane as a whole, and the snake on there is that black mamba or whatever it was that Zoisa tried to talk to but only got "Warning," as a response.


Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

That might be why I don't see it. >.<


December 26th Update

Given the complexity of this battle map and a particularly frustrating weekend where I couldn't find a good enough stand-in or make one in Roll20, I've opted to do this "wave battle" in theatre of the mind. For my own sanity...

Waiting on half the party

Sovereign Court

female Half-Orc Cleric 4
Spoiler:
AC 17/T10/FF17 HP 19/27 F+8 R+2 W+8 Init +0 Perception +3

Faffnyr attacks again.
Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 191d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

Josria steps back and unleashes a raging inferno from her claw tips, while the angelic snake charges at the nearest bugbear and smites the enemy with its celestial fangs.

Five step back away from the bugbear and then casts a burning hands spell, but aiming it so it doesn't catch any of her friends in the spell! The celestial viper charges the nearest bugbear and uses both smite evil and a charge attack on the enemy.

Burning Hands: 4d5 ⇒ (5, 5, 3, 5) = 18

Charging Smite Evil bite attack: 1d20 + 5 + 0 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 0 + 2 = 18

Charge Smite Evil bite damage: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6
DM Default wrote:

Given the complexity of this battle map and a particularly frustrating weekend where I couldn't find a good enough stand-in or make one in Roll20, I've opted to do this "wave battle" in theatre of the mind. For my own sanity...

Waiting on half the party

Thanks for the clarification, GM! :)


December 26th Update

Zoisa's & Arian's Bugbear Damage: 6
Faffnyr's Bugbear Damage: 8

Arian makes her way to help the panicking gnome and manages to land a nicely sized cut down the bugbear's back. Her second strike is blocked though as the bugbear turn's to face her and black the swing with his morningstar.

Faffnyr lands her attack on the bugbear trying to find a hole in her defense, a quick blow across the head but not enough to down him.

Josria unleashes a torrent of fire and the bugbear that thought her easy prey soon becomes a screaming pile of ash on the floor. Her viper zips over to help Faffnyr and lands a sizable bite on the bugbear's ankle eliciting a snarl of anger.

One bugbear makes a savage swing at Arian.
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
The other attempt to cave Faffnyr's skull in.
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 Damage x2 to 20

All of you hear excited battle yells as 4 gnolls dressed in roughshod armor and carrying chipped weapons appear at one entrance
Direction: 1d4 ⇒ 1
They approach from the side with Arian and Zoisa.
rolled dice and determined by the random number and posted action order.

4 gnolls joining the fray, they'll take a round to run up to melee, but they're going to close in on you all. Players up!


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Glaive-guisarme attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Arian shrugs off the bugbear's strike and keeps her polearm at the ready in case of advancing gnolls, even as she jabs at the bugbear once more.

Glaive-guisarme damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Probably missed though.

AoO if gnolls move to melee range (my polearm is a reach weapon)
Glaive-guisarme attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Glaive-guisarme damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Sovereign Court

female Half-Orc Cleric 4
Spoiler:
AC 17/T10/FF17 HP 19/27 F+8 R+2 W+8 Init +0 Perception +3

Feeling the pain Faffnyr nearly collapses, but takes a 5foot step back and quickly heals herself.
CMW: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2) + 4 = 7


December 26th Update

Waiting for either Zoisa or Josria to post.

951 to 1,000 of 1,066 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Legacy of Fire : A Journey through the Sands Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.