Legacy of Fire : A Journey through the Sands (Inactive)

Game Master inxpitter

Combat Map
Kelmarane Environs


901 to 950 of 1,066 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

Zoisa isn't very sneaky, despite the fog's assistance, her excitement getting the better of her and making her rush through the gravel.


November 9th Update

The unnatural mist may have left some confused, but for the time being no one has intruded on your tentative stealthing venture into the city. Eventually, you manage to bunker down in a ruined building whose wall have crumbled. Oddly, you haven't run into any patrols yet...

I've marked you current position with a teal square. Where to next?


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

I'm...sorry? I don't see the teal square.

"Well...good thing it's not a trap," Zoisa says quietly to no one in particular.


November 9th Update

It's fairly close to the guild hall.


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

Okay, I can see it now.

"So...where do we sneak now?"

Have we missed anything? I feel like we're sort of bullrushing our way through because the map is hard to read. I had no idea there were churches and guild halls in here to explore.


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

According to the backstory, Kelmarane is supposed to be abandoned. At least that was the impression that I got.

Arian says, "We just need to cross the way, get up the hill, and into the old trade building."


November 9th Update

Currently, you have experienced guard patrols and an invitation to the "Battle Market" of a supposedly abandoned town. You are free to approach the Battle Market or other areas, I'm not going to railroad you.


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

"So what'll we do when we take the Battle Market?" Zoisa asks no one in particular.

Just making conversation here.


November 9th Update

Slowly, but surely, the group makes it to the Southern entrance of the Battlemarket without meeting any guards. An enormous set of double doors stands wide open, revealing a torchlit passage beyond. About fifteen feet within the hall, on the left, stands a sturdy wooden door. Across the hall is another open passage leading east, curing with the contours of the battle market. The central hall proceeds perhaps fifty feet before opening into a large well-lit cavernous chamber that seems to be centered around a huge circular stage.

However, before heading in, an amazing sight catches your eye. A goblin clad in a colorful jester's outfit is posted at this entrance. His long face droops as you see his head nod forward from time to time, as if he would collapse to the floor snoring. You see his face look up in confusion as the obscuring mist rolls in.

Sovereign Court

female Half-Orc Cleric 4
Spoiler:
AC 17/T10/FF17 HP 19/27 F+8 R+2 W+8 Init +0 Perception +3

Faffnyr slowly follows and looks at the goblin in his costume in disgust.
"Goblins. Urg!"


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Arian's eyebrows come up in an exaggerated fashion, but she continues to move quietly through the mist.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


November 9th Update

"Whazza...desert mist?"

The goblin looks puzzled. But as the mist rolls in, you can see him look around quickly, before sitting down and soon he is passed out asleep. From his attire, though it is in tatters, you can tell that this outfit he wears was once proper clothing, and not bad quality either to hold this long.

Soon, he snores quietly, not even caring who or what wanders in as long as it lets him sleep a bit.


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

Zoisa suppresses a snicker at the goblin's attire, and attempts to tiptoe past him.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


November 9th Update

As your party moves through the southern gates, you enter the Battle Market.

The battle market's four entry halls lead into a huge arena-like room dominated by a massive circular wooden stage, its surface smeared and sticky with blood. Two rows of terraced benches surround the stage, which is bathed in natural light from a large open circular hatch in the citadel's roof far above. Torches illuminate a darkened gallery of compact market stalls in the eastern half of the first floor's inner wall. A raised platform along the northwest curve of the inner wall sports four roundtables, several wooden chairs, and a long bar stocked with numerous bottles of distilled spirits.

About twenty feet above is an open balcony, beyond which lie a series of small rooms on an upper floor of the market. Several rows of empty bleachers peer down from the edge of the balcony. Twenty feet above the second floor a half-circle balcony marks the highest of the citadel's terraces. Three thrones look down from this vantage, each positioned to give a commanding view of not only the stage below but the entire market.

There are all manner of folk around, drinking, doing business, but the one's who notice you enter stop talking and give you a glare.


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

"What the... ?" Arian whispers. "I thought this town was deserted, empty!"


Male Wizard (Conjurer) 4 (HP 24/24) | AC: 10 | T: 10 | FF: 10 | CMB +2 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +1 | Wil: +5 | Init: +0 | Craft(alchemy) +10 | Diplomacy: +10 | Kn(Arcana/Planes): +12 | Kn(Dng/Geog/Hstry/Ntr/Rlgn): +9 | Kn(Local) +6 | Linguistics: +10 | Perception: +4 | Sense Motive: +3 | Spellcraft: +12 |

"That was some time ago," Alem intones, his eyes carefully scanning for signs of imminent attack. "Certainly it is deserted no longer."


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

Zoisa fails to snicker and instead belts out a hearty cackle.


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

After laughing, Zoisa claps her hand over her mouth, realizing she's given them away...though when she takes a second look, she realizes they kind of already were already given away. She stands up straight and makes an attempt to look confident instead.


November 9th Update

For now, it seems most of the onlookers resume their business, the stalls around the Battle Market are filled with product and haggling, folks on both sides of deals grip their weapons with polite wariness.

The main platform seems to be lit from the open skylight above, and the faint aroma of cooked meets and herbs come wafting over from further in.

What do you do?

The battle market is made of two circles of stalls, the inner circle containing the large circle platform. If you want specifics on stalls or people, roll perception.


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

Zoisa, somewhat annoyed at being ignored, takes a deep breath and yells out to the crowd.

"HEY! WE GOT AN INVITATION TO THIS PLACE! WHERE'S OUR INVITEE?!" she barks out to no one in particular.


November 9th Update

A hush falls across the market, and suddenly there are stares being thrown at you by everyone.

A figure stands up from a throne on the second floor overlooking the first. A 7-foot-tall armored bald human man armed with an enormous greataxe looks down at the party and shouts in a booming voice.

"I am Kardswann, Mouth of the Carrion King, Chieftain of the Kulldis Tribe and master of this village. Tell me, what business brings you to Kelmarane?"


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Arian posts her pole arm and says, "I am Arian al-Okeno, and we have come here to ascertain what has transpired in this town that was lost many years ago."

Sovereign Court

female Half-Orc Cleric 4
Spoiler:
AC 17/T10/FF17 HP 19/27 F+8 R+2 W+8 Init +0 Perception +3

Faffnyr looks quite interested, intent to discerning what this Kardswann has to say.
SM: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

Zoisa cuts a striking pose next to Arian.

"Like my pal said, we're here to figure out what's happened since the town was attacked by gnolls. I'M also here for more personal reasons. By any chance, have you or any of your pals seen a human woman named Faleen? I had a vision that told me she'd come here."


November 9th Update

Faffnyr:

You get a sense that Kardswan is speaking from a place of superiority and that your answers may matter very little in the long run.

As you have to look up to the giant of a man, you can only barely see his body move as deep, echoing chuckles run through the entirety of the battle market.

"I care not for your personal quests. As you can see, this settlement lives in the prosperity of my domain. You are free to stay and trade, so long as your weapons remain untouched. If you wish my favor, then you must be put to task."

He speaks with authority, and gazes down at you all, waiting for a response, a bemused grin on his face.


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

Zoisa scoffs.

"If you didn't care, then why'd you invite us here in the first place, big guy? Your Corpse Emperor put you up to it?"


November 9th Update

The already quiet market seems to grow quieter, and he looks down at you all, a smile on his lips, but a warning in his eyes.

"Respect, small one. If you're determined to go to an early grave, that can easily be arranged. It does not take much for visitors of the Battle Market to turn to prey."

He seems to be offering you a choice to back down respectfully....or else. And by the respect everyone else in the market seems to give him, those aren't empty words.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

Zoisa looks around at the various shady characters staring at them, and takes the hint.

"And you're wise enough to not to jump to violence on the off-chance of a misspoken word. That is truly worthy of respect."

She makes a little bow, then stands back up confidently.

"So! How do we go about putting to those tasks you mentioned?"


November 9th Update

Kardswann smiles and takes his seat once more.

"Goooood. Those beneath the powerful should know their place. But yes, you could be useful to me. Return to the center circle in one hour, and I will task you then."

Until then, you have the entire run of the Battle Market, shady dealers, mercs, and peddlers on the first and third floors.

Or you could leave and return to your camp, though making that journey and getting back on time will be hard with the one hour time frame.


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

Zoisa glowers at Kardswann's words. When people talked about the powerful lording it over others, they tended to be the kinds of people who kept, and more importantly ABUSED, slaves. But she also knew she and her friends were in a vulnerable position here, so she figured she'd play by the jerk's rules...for now.


November 9th Update

Looking around the battle market, several options appear. Going with the first with two votes

There's a human male selling adventurer gear, though most look a bit shoddy.

There's a thin human female who has several racks of vials and potions.

Another human male with dark, tanned skin seems to have alchemical objects and tools.

Down one section of the hall is a tavern of sorts by the sound of it, and the spilled ale and drink fill the air with the smell of stale alcohol. A gnoll, small for his species, tends the bar as a trio of bugbears drink quietly and three humans dressed for travel talk in earnest but whispered voices.

There are two private rooms that both appeared occupied, and a small jail cell with no one in it currently.

If none of those options interest you, there is an upstairs (Kardswann is on the fourth).


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Arian nods and says to Zoisa, "What do you think? That looks like a tavern - always a good place to find rumors, as long as the patrons don't pick a fight with us."


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

"Sounds like a good idea to me, Arian. I prefer pesh lounges myself, but this isn't exactly the most civilized place...not yet anyway. There weren't supposed to be people here. This changes everything."


Male Wizard (Conjurer) 4 (HP 24/24) | AC: 10 | T: 10 | FF: 10 | CMB +2 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +1 | Wil: +5 | Init: +0 | Craft(alchemy) +10 | Diplomacy: +10 | Kn(Arcana/Planes): +12 | Kn(Dng/Geog/Hstry/Ntr/Rlgn): +9 | Kn(Local) +6 | Linguistics: +10 | Perception: +4 | Sense Motive: +3 | Spellcraft: +12 |

Alem speaks lowly among the others, not wishing for his words to carry among the throngs. "It seems we misunderstood the nature of our invitation. Everything is indeed different," he says, agreeing with Zoisa. Even Kaspar senses the tension among the party, crouching quietly on Alem's shoulder instead of threatening to lose himself among the crowd.

"But it is best we do not dawdle overlong. If Almah's plans are to change, that is for Almah to decide. We had best use our time wisely; a better chance to explore Kelmerane we'll not likely get. Perhaps we might split up to more broadly conduct our expedition?"

I'm all for the tavern. And if there are people missing that might show back up, splitting lets them hang off-screen for awhile.


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

I like your meta-plan, Alem.

Arian posts her pole arm, then leans it against her shoulder. "Tavern it is then. Let's get the scoop on what's going on here." She makes her way to the tavern and sidles up to the bar with a few sideways glances at the other patrons.

"You have ale?" she asks the bartender. "I've got the coin." She leaves a silver piece on the counter, then twirls another between her fingers and says, "What's the latest news? Kelmarane's busier than expected. Anything that some traveling mercenaries should know?"

Sovereign Court

female Half-Orc Cleric 4
Spoiler:
AC 17/T10/FF17 HP 19/27 F+8 R+2 W+8 Init +0 Perception +3

Faffnyr shrugs and falls in with the others. "Some ale sounds good. And who knows what gossip is to be learned!"


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

Zoisa follows them and jumps up onto a stool, waiting for one of the bartender to answer Arian's question before leaping in with one of her own.

"Had a question of my own as long as you're answering. I'm lookin' for my sister, a human by the name of Faleen. I'm adopted, y'see. She came to Kelmarane for something, but she didn't tell me what that something was, so I'm hoping to catch up with her. Since adventurers are attracted to taverns like peshies are to cactus fields, I figured someone here might have seen her."


Male Wizard (Conjurer) 4 (HP 24/24) | AC: 10 | T: 10 | FF: 10 | CMB +2 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +1 | Wil: +5 | Init: +0 | Craft(alchemy) +10 | Diplomacy: +10 | Kn(Arcana/Planes): +12 | Kn(Dng/Geog/Hstry/Ntr/Rlgn): +9 | Kn(Local) +6 | Linguistics: +10 | Perception: +4 | Sense Motive: +3 | Spellcraft: +12 |

As the others get to work good-naturedly questioning the patrons, Alem finds some place to sit where he can get a good view of the surroundings. What manner of person or creature waters themselves at a place such as this? Kelmerane was supposed to be abandoned. Instead, it is bustling with activity and seems to be under the sway of this Kardswann, who himself allies with one he calls the Carrion King. They might learn much about these forces if only they observed.

Alem's Perception check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Kaspar's Perception check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


November 9th Update

The party makes itself relativey comfortable at the bar area. the one-eyed gnoll Kurellak looks at Almah with a mix of timid cautiousness and wariness.

"The news is, if you have coin, I got drink," he says placing entire bottles of ale and wine on the bar. Each one is a different size and unopened, leading you to believe most of the bar's stock is stolen. The wide frown leads you to believe that the gnoll is unwilling to say more.

Alem, you and your familiar are scoping out the area, but it's really the bar patrons that draw your eye. the duo of bugbears seems to completely ignore your party, maybe offering the occasional scowl. However, the trio of smugglers have definitely noticed the new arrivals and are whispering to each other, glancing over at you all.

One of the men splits off from the two, and makes his way to the bar.

"Don't be like Kurellak," the man says as he puts down 3 silver pieces. "I'll buy the first round for the new ones."

Kurellak scowls but pushes the mis of wine, ale, and beer bottles forward, scooping up the money with his other hand.

The man, a bit dirty, flashes a smile, showing that he's missing a few teeth.

"Hello there beautiful." he says to Arian. "Don't get me wrong, I'm not really a generous sort, but me and my compatriots were hoping that if we bought you drinks, you and your entourage might take a look at our merchandise. See, we make coin as a sort of trader, and we're hoping today migth be profitable."


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Arian gives a winning smile and says, "My crew's a bit of a motley mercenary band, but I won't turn down a drink and we'll take a look. We're looking for information about the latest events in Kelmarane as much as anything else - unless," and she indicates Zoisa, "you also happen be carrying a little of the cactus-dream."

"C'mon, crew, let's see what these happy gentlemen have to offer," she says to the team.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

I have returned from Chicago!

Zoisa gives Arian a knowing smile when she indicates her.

"Indeed. Sweet dreams are made of these...who am I to disagree?"


November 9th Update

These three smugglers: Gorundal, Kalyx, and Juluce take you to each of their stalls to showcase their wares.

Gorundal seems to have almost any piece of adventuring equipment you can think of (and is listed in the PHB) though most are noticeably slightly damaged or shoddy in construction.

Kalyx seems to be the drug dealer here, her display showing cloudy bottles and small tinctures of all sorts of addicting substances. Anything from pesh to shiver. Kalyx herself is a bit twitchy at times, most likely from sampling her own wares.

Juluce offers alchemical substances, and you'll find the well-known tindertwigs and acid flasks here.

Eagerly they await to see if anything catches your fancy...


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

Zoisa begins talking with Kalyx.

"Tell me a bit about your pesh...is it local? We came through a massive field of the cactus on our way into town."


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Arian pays some attention to the various alchemical substances that Juluce has on offer. "I'll take a handful of tindertwigs," she says. "Much more convenient than using flint."

I'll buy 5 tindertwigs. Sadly I don't have a lot of cash so I can't afford any other alchemical goodies. :/


November 9th Update

"As local as it gets." Kalyx answers, smiling to show her yellowed teeth. "I sample the wares myself to make sure it is of the highest quality..."

Arian finishes up her business, and the smugglers seem happy to have some transaction take place.

Done exploring the market?

Sovereign Court

female Half-Orc Cleric 4
Spoiler:
AC 17/T10/FF17 HP 19/27 F+8 R+2 W+8 Init +0 Perception +3

For my side yes!


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

I guess... we didn't get a lot of info, but some. What's our overall goal at this point?

Arian pockets the tindertwigs with a "thank you" to the vendor, then glances around the market once more.

"What's next for us? It looks like business as usual. I mean, for a bandit-and-mercenary market. But still."


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

"Lemme see what you got!" Zoisa replies with a mischievous grin.

"Ya got any paraphernalia with you too? Pesh isn't as useful if you can't smoke it."


November 9th Update

No current goals. The boss in charge is musing over a task to give you, so if you want to wait till he's ready that's an option. Otherwise, you're in a marketplace full of colorful characters so exploring and talking is also an option.

Kalyx nods and produces several mismatched pieces of paraphernalia, most likely taken with some of these drugs during raids.

Slow thudding footsteps make their way toward you, as one of the bugbears grunts in greeting to the smugglers.

"Boss. See you. Want talk." the bugbear says, haltingly and points to one of three rooms on the side of the battlemarket. They seem to be private abodes for whoever is strong or smart enough to claim them.


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

"So...what do you want for some of this stuff?" Zoisa asks Kalyx.

"How'd you get set up in this place anyway? Doesn't seem like the place they'd let humans hang out."

901 to 950 of 1,066 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Legacy of Fire : A Journey through the Sands Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.