Legacy of Fire : A Journey through the Sands (Inactive)

Game Master inxpitter

Combat Map
Kelmarane Environs


651 to 700 of 1,066 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Bard (Dervish of Dawn) 3; Init +4; Perc +5 (dark vision 60ft); hp 22/22
Stats:
AC 19, T 15, FF 14, CMD 17; F +2, R +7, W +2

Seyhannah feeling uneasy hums a mystical tune as she walks up to Fawziya at the box.
casts detect magic She spends the next few moments scanning the catacomb with interest.

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
wondering if the place has been magically desicrated and that is the cause of the feeling?


Human Cavalier (Standard Bearer) 2 - HP: 21/22 - AC 18/T:12/FF:16 Fort: +5, Reflex: +1, Will: +0; Perception: +0

I figured that's what you meant, GM, but Fawziya has no ability to tell if something's magical or not. She is, however, exceptionally greedy and is always out to make a buck! :D


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Arian keeps a careful watch to the rear. Especially for escaped slimes.


December 26th Update

Just wanted to make sure Fawziya, PbP demands thorough explanation sometimes and I wanted to make sure I didn't jip you guys out of stuff.

Seyhannah can familiar almost comforting aura of magic of the brooch. The magic escapes her currently, perhaps further study later at camp would yield more information to its nature.

Sovereign Court

female Half-Orc Cleric 4
Spoiler:
AC 17/T10/FF17 HP 19/27 F+8 R+2 W+8 Init +0 Perception +3

"What areas are still to be cleaned? Is for sure all explored? Is there a basement?" Faffnyr looks around, wondering what to do next.


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

"This IS a basement, Faffnyr!" Zoisa comments after her rummaging turns up nothing. When she sees Fawziya has had more luck, she hustled over to get a closer look at the goods.


Bard (Dervish of Dawn) 3; Init +4; Perc +5 (dark vision 60ft); hp 22/22
Stats:
AC 19, T 15, FF 14, CMD 17; F +2, R +7, W +2

Seyhannah will walk to the end of the corridor to the north careful not interrupt the slumber of the dead. Scanning the floor and walls itself for traps and any other possible valuables.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

We still have the right hall to go down. Another persons perception down mine wouldn't hurt either.


Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Josria looked down the right hall praying to both Bastet and Cayden Cailen that there were no enemies down the hall.


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

Zoisa follows after Josria, looking in the crannies and nooks after her.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


December 26th Update

Ignore that wall down there Seyhannah, still can't figure out some Roll20 tricks...

Seyhannah peers down the corridor to find that there appears to be another cross section further down.

Eager to find treasures of their own, Zoisa and Josria move down the right corridor, but neither find anything amid the bones.


Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

A bit annoyed, Josria quickly casts a spell to detect magical items.

Casts detect magic


December 26th Update

Josria mumbles a bit as she feels the searching aura reach out, and finds that nothing in her immediate vicinity responds.


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

Zoisa calls up her dancing faerie lights and juggles them around as she follows after Seyhannah.

"Find anything interesting, Hanna?"


Bard (Dervish of Dawn) 3; Init +4; Perc +5 (dark vision 60ft); hp 22/22
Stats:
AC 19, T 15, FF 14, CMD 17; F +2, R +7, W +2

Moving forward slowly Seyhannah continues up the passage way carefully.

keeping an eye out for traps and anything else that may surprise me
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


December 26th Update

Seyhannah doesn't find any traps, but she does find three more corridors, which seemingly all end in dead ends.


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

"Dead ends are no fun," Zoisa muses. "Nothing but cut-off possibilities and stunted ambitions."

She sends her lights down the left-most corridor to see if there's anything interesting in there.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 Holy game changer Batman!

Josria used the same spell to detect any magical items in the vicinity just in case.


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

"I'm always suspicious of dead ends," says Arian. "Why build them? Why just have a hallway that goes nowhere? Unless the builder suddenly stopped in the middle of construction, they don't make sense - unless they have secret passages."

Sovereign Court

female Half-Orc Cleric 4
Spoiler:
AC 17/T10/FF17 HP 19/27 F+8 R+2 W+8 Init +0 Perception +3

"Well, then let us investigate!"
Taking a few moments to focus she looks at the surrounding before shrugging. She then looks at Arian expectently.


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Arian cautiously moves down the dead ends, eyes searching out any crevice or crack that might give away the presence of something unusual, while keeping her pole arm at the ready.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 (+1 vs. traps)


Human Cavalier (Standard Bearer) 2 - HP: 21/22 - AC 18/T:12/FF:16 Fort: +5, Reflex: +1, Will: +0; Perception: +0

"Indeed, Arian!", Fawziya said after rejoining the group. "And secret passages lead to secret rooms, filled with secret treasures! We must find them!"


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

"Here here, Fawziya!" Zoisa cheers as she continues to look.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


December 26th Update

Josria saunters down one of the corridors, she seems to find nothing and is about to turn around when a glint catches her eye. She quickly moves to the side of a long dead warrior, his bones smashed to piece and a large jagged crack in its skull. However, there is a mace to its side. Upon picking it up, you feel as if the mace is much better balanced than others. [+1 mace]

Arian, Faffnyr, and Zoisa team up and comb out the rest of the tunnels. It isn't long before they stumble upon a corpse of a man in yellowing leather armor, clearly not a member of the monastic community. However, the armor is amazingly intact, almost displaying its sturdiness. Beside him is a dagger, also in decent condition for its age. [+1 dagger, masterwork leather armor]

==You have effectively cleared the old monastary==

You may return to Almah and give her your report.


Human Cavalier (Standard Bearer) 2 - HP: 21/22 - AC 18/T:12/FF:16 Fort: +5, Reflex: +1, Will: +0; Perception: +0

Is that a light or heavy mace, boss?

Fawziya's frustration mounts as the investigations reveal little more, clearly hoping for a forgotten vault of treasure. "You say these weapons are magic?", she asks Josira, holding the mace in her free hand, testing its weight. "Well, that's something, I suppose. Come, let's return to Almah - her gold shall spend better than the riches of this place."


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

After exploring to her satisfaction, Zoisa retches a little and laughs.

"Look! The fungal rot gave my puke a pretty color!"

She wipes her mouth and turns back to the group.

"So...we returning to the boss lady and moving in? Will she be okay with the baboons?"


December 26th Update

Heavy mace Fawziya

When the party decides to return to their patron, they find her looking over maps of Kelmarane, contemplating the next days actions.

"What of the temple, have you cleared it?" she asks you as you file into her tent.


Human Cavalier (Standard Bearer) 2 - HP: 21/22 - AC 18/T:12/FF:16 Fort: +5, Reflex: +1, Will: +0; Perception: +0

"All but a group of baboons - so long as you don't disturb them, they should leave you well enough alone. I should like to leave simple animals to their devices, rather than put them to the sword."


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

"An one ooze or slime monster that slipped through a small crack in the floor, so it may be roaming about still," notes Arian.


Bard (Dervish of Dawn) 3; Init +4; Perc +5 (dark vision 60ft); hp 22/22
Stats:
AC 19, T 15, FF 14, CMD 17; F +2, R +7, W +2

"I have hard of places that coexist with wild animals and people. The baboons seemed a little good aggressive though so something probably should be done. Zoisa can speak with them though so perhaps a non violent solution can be found.

For now though, temple is mostly clear. I will say though it will take some work if we intend to use it as a base camp.


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

"They did leave us alone once we shared some food with them, though. Perhaps they'll get used to us after we've moved in for a while."


December 26th Update

"Baboons and an ooze? Strange occupants indeed for a dilapidated temple. We will respect the baboon's territory, but at the first hint of aggression they will need to be purged."

Almah smiles at you all.

"You're definitely earning your keep. From here, we will begin to push into Kelmarane. The city is inhabited by creatures of varying intelligence. I want you to decide on when you will scout the city, if injured return. I don't want you dying on me when we're so close."

Congrats! You all have leveled up to level 3. Please post changes in the discussion thread.

I'll let you know, you're on a schedule of sorts now. Everyday that passes, events occur. Whether you try and sneak into the town of Kelmarane or not, is up to you. You could even do nothing and something will still happen. For now, Almah will direct you in the right direction.

For now, the entirety of the group moves into the old monastery. For the day, you are to prepare yourselves and ready for a scouting mission tomorrow. Almah and her guards move into the library, The camel driver and his wife move into the kitchen doing their best to prep meals for everyone, Dashki immediately claims the Shrine to Vardishal room as his own seemingly mesmerized by the gold gilding on the walls, and the mercenaries claim the chapter house for their own.

Garavel suggests you all staying the Dormitory as it has a sturdy roof and central location, but ultimately its your decision.


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

Arian spends a little time that afternoon practicing with her pole arm, especially working on combinations involving choking up and swinging it like a quarterstaff with strikes alternating between the blade and the capped butt end. Later she heads out a short distance to gather scrub brush and twigs from the desert to get a small amount of firewood, and she helps move all of the gear from the caravan into the confines of the monastery.

As the evening approaches she doffs her boots and sits near the small fire-ring that she's constructed and takes out her jeweled setar to play a soft, slow tune.

Perform (string instruments): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

Sovereign Court

female Half-Orc Cleric 4
Spoiler:
AC 17/T10/FF17 HP 19/27 F+8 R+2 W+8 Init +0 Perception +3

Very happy that the building is secured Faffnyr will mobe to the chapel and starts making a nightsrest, after informing her comrades of her intent. Spending an hour in prayers to the dawnflower she eakes up the next morning to greet the morning sun in fervent prayer. With joy she feels her faith rewarded with deeper trust from her godess.


Female Catfolk
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 34/34 low-light vision; Perception +3, AC 12, T 12, FF10, F +2, R+3, W+4, +2 saving throw bonus vs fear, +4 saving bonus vs hot conditions, +1 saving bonus vs fire, FR 10, Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 15
Sorceress 4
Quick Skills:
Climb +2, Diplomacy +13, Knowledge (Arcana) +8, Knowledge (History) +4, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Linguistics(Gnoll, Ignan) +4, Perception +3, Dance +5, Spellcraft +7, Survival +3, Use Magic Device +8

Okay GM, what areas did we miss? Or did the others already figured those ones out?

Josria studies the book she and Zoisa found.

She also spends her time creating a small shrine to her deities, Bastet and Cayden Cailean, while also surveying the ruins of Kelmarane.

She does ask if she should serve as the scout since she is a catfolk, whoever is living in the town ruins might not think twice about her snooping around, especially given the fact that she speaks Gnoll very fluently.


December 26th Update

The temple is effectively cleared, though you haven't explored the balcony.

The camp gathers around the campfire for the evening meal. The temple is old and provides shelter, but the slaughter that took place there is still somehow present. The pain. The blood. The deaths.

Yet, you all share a decent meal together. The camel driver and his wife bring out the more succulent ingredients to celebrate this first milestone. Some preserved slices of beef marinated in a deep root blend, heavily spiced and topped with fresh herbs that spritz when you bite into them.

All the while, Arians setar's melody glides through the camp.

The next morning, Almah gathers you all. She points to the far off town of Kelmarane.

"You will be scouting out into the town as best you can. We have information that suggests that an all-out attack would be suicidal, so you will be taking out its defenders as best you can, but always caution on the side of retreating. We can always try later. Whether you attempt your forays at night or day, that is up to your expertise."


Bard (Dervish of Dawn) 3; Init +4; Perc +5 (dark vision 60ft); hp 22/22
Stats:
AC 19, T 15, FF 14, CMD 17; F +2, R +7, W +2

As the sun drops along the horizon and the cool tendrils of night creep along the sands, Seyhannah sits to enjoy the fine meal that the camel driver and his wife have prepared. do we know their names?It is not listed in the char info tab. Washing it down with a couple glasses of mulled wine, she hears Arien's melody and tries to get some of the other to dance. perform-dance: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20.

Waking the next day, Seyhannah washes up and conducts her prayers. Preparing for the next step of the party's journey.


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

Can Zoisa get treatment for her fungal rot now, or do we not have anyone who can assist her with that? Also, Zoisa is fully updated to 3rd level now.


December 26th Update

Whoops, forgot that. It's Hadrod and Hadrah

"What sort of schlop were you dealing with to have something like this stick to you?"

Father Zastoran gingerly applies ointment to the site of infection nd hands you the bottle.

"Apply once in the morning and once at night. Should be gone in a day or so."

You make a Con Save DC 16 every morning, suffering the effects (1 Con damage) until you make a successful save to shake off the disease. The ointment Zastoran provided you will give you +5 to your save.


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

"Some slimy ooze creature. It spread the fungus by slapping me with a pseudopod! It was kinda cool. If you wanna see it, I think one might still be crawling around the basement."

She takes the bottle and grins.

"Thanks, Father Zastoran! See you 'round the camp!"

After wolfing down dinner with an almost disturbing amount of gusto, she kicks back and uses her pesh touch to give herself a bit of a contact high, and offers to provide the same for others this evening.

As Zoisa falls asleep, her dreams weave fanciful and sometimes disturbing scenes, making her shudder a bit. She wakes up in the middle of the night and steps outside to look at the moon for a while. For once, the excitable, carefree expression falters a bit. While this monastery had been exciting and new, Haleen wasn't there. She looks out at Kelmarane for a moment before returning to bed. Perhaps the town would reveal what the monastery didn't.

Fortitude Save!: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

And I'm cured! :D

When she wakes up, she stretches and cleans herself up with her magic before seeking out one of the mercenaries and flashing some of her coin, eyeing the long, curved knife one of them had. Just a dagger, really, but for one of her size it made a fantastic scimitar. She pays the man, who hands it over, and gives it a few test swings, smiling before joining the others with Almah.

"Sounds like a plan, Almah! Is there anything you or maybe Dashki can tell us about the approach to Kelmarane? It might help us get into the town without making a big scene. While that'd be fun, I imagine it wouldn't be profitable."


December 26th Update

Rough map of area up above.

You boss, Almah looks at you, expectant of some sort of plan or deliberation. If you must talk alone, she expects to be informed of your plans.


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

Does she have an answer to Zoisa's question?


Male Wizard (Conjurer) 4 (HP 24/24) | AC: 10 | T: 10 | FF: 10 | CMB +2 | CMD: 12 | Fort: +2 | Ref: +1 | Wil: +5 | Init: +0 | Craft(alchemy) +10 | Diplomacy: +10 | Kn(Arcana/Planes): +12 | Kn(Dng/Geog/Hstry/Ntr/Rlgn): +9 | Kn(Local) +6 | Linguistics: +10 | Perception: +4 | Sense Motive: +3 | Spellcraft: +12 |

Alem ponders the task before them, rubbing his chin as he studies the map. "We know Kelmerane to be inhabited by any manner of creatures. It is quite likely that most potential enemies will have most excellent vision at night. If we go by day, we may avoid playing to that particular advantage."


Bard (Dervish of Dawn) 3; Init +4; Perc +5 (dark vision 60ft); hp 22/22
Stats:
AC 19, T 15, FF 14, CMD 17; F +2, R +7, W +2

"Agreed, a somewhat stealthful approach would be helpful as well. Setting off on foot just after dawn would be our best time, approach with the morning sun at our backs. We will surely have Sarenrae's blessings upon us.


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

"I can take point! I'm small and sneaky, and I've got sharp eyes!" says Zoisa. "I can even turn invisible! For a little while, at least."


December 26th Update

Dashki, while a good guide and survivalist, has informed me that he is on the trail of some gnolls that may be in the area, and may be gone for quite some time."

Almah nods along listening to the logic of your planning.

"Which way will you be approaching, in relation to the Pesh fields and the Pale river."


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

Zoisa's face lights up.

"I'd like to take a look at these Pesh fields...they may be quite profitable once this is all over!"


INACTIVE - GAME DIED

"I guess that's decided, then," quips Arian.


December 26th Update

The group, with a path set out, leaves at once.
If you want to do anything specific before leaving camp, we can ret-con it.

As you leave the church, you find the mercenaries setting fire to the pile of soiled mattresses, most likely the remains of the Pugwumpi's presence. To see the odious things gone will be a relief to the mind and the nose.

It doesn't take long before you reach the fields of Pesh that was once a bountiful resource for the now ruined town of Kelmarane.

THrough, around, third option? Also, sneaking speed, or third option?

Sovereign Court

female Half-Orc Cleric 4
Spoiler:
AC 17/T10/FF17 HP 19/27 F+8 R+2 W+8 Init +0 Perception +3

As Faffnyr is a lousy sneak she opts not the sneaky approach.


Female Gnome Sorcerer of Sleep 2/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP 23/32 | Pesh Touch 7/7
Stats:
AC 13, T 13, FF 11; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1; Init +2; Perception +6

Zoisa's eyes widen at the sight of so many cacti growing wild in this field. Having grown up in the city, she'd never seen a true field of the precious cactus that gave her homeland its name. She tears up a bit at the sight of it.

"By the Lantern King's luminosity, I think I've found a little slice of Heaven!" she exclaims.

Then she turns around to look at the others.

"Want me to sneak up and get a closer look and report back to you?"

651 to 700 of 1,066 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Legacy of Fire : A Journey through the Sands Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.